PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rate the Chiefs draft.

BossChief
04-25-2010, 01:33 AM
How do you think we did?

big nasty kcnut
04-25-2010, 01:42 AM
A we got some good players i only have the a cause of the tight end pick I'm a little worried about but otherwise great draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2010, 01:50 AM
It's intimately connected with the Matt Cassel trade, the worst and most damaging acquisition in team history.

It's caused us to ignore value for two straight drafts, and waste this one trying to surround an inferior QB with "weapons" that can play to his non-existent strengths.

We added almost no speed on defense and absolutely no help in the front 7.

If not for Eric Berry, this is one of the worst drafts in team history.

KCrockaholic
04-25-2010, 01:52 AM
lol @ the Melters

BossChief
04-25-2010, 02:02 AM
We follow a team that has only a punter and backup linebacker from all drafts before 2006 and some think its the worst in history?

We missed a major opertunity, Ill agree with that all day, but worst in history if it werent for Berry?

Not

Even

Close

CoMoChief
04-25-2010, 02:05 AM
I voted B-, and mostly that's because of the Eric Berry (can't miss) choice.

We drafted good players, but they werent exactly players of need. Some were, most weren't. We didn't address NT (AT ALL!!!!) That's a HUGE WTF IMO. Shaun Smith is our starting NT?!?!? Ron Edwards?!?!?!? With Cody, Thomas sitting there??? I don't get it. We also didn't look at LB, which is the most 2nd glaring need. We just didn't draft people who were starters IMO. Backups/ST players. If we selected anyone other than Berry at #5 then this draft IMO would be a D+

jAZ
04-25-2010, 02:08 AM
If by "horseman" you mean "how they play over the next few years"... I vote for that.

johnny961
04-25-2010, 02:09 AM
I voted "C". I think we did alright, I would have just liked to have seen us address our d-line in the draft. Other than that, and the injury-prone TE, I think we did okay.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2010, 02:09 AM
We follow a team that has only a punter and backup linebacker from all drafts before 2006 and some think its the worst in history?

We missed a major opertunity, Ill agree with that all day, but worst in history if it werent for Berry?

Not

Even

Close

One of does not = the worst.

No draft will ever be as bad as last year, just for the fact that we dumped 120 million on Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel, fucked our QB position for half a decade, and wasted another draft to complement that which can't be complemented.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 02:10 AM
lol @ the MeltersLMAO

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 02:12 AM
I voted B because of Berry and Asamoah.

BossChief
04-25-2010, 02:19 AM

No draft will ever be as bad as last year, just for the fact that we dumped 120 million on Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel, fucked our QB position for half a decade, and wasted another draft to complement that which can't be complemented.I apologize for the incorrect wording of my comment, it painted you in the wrong light and twisted the words a bit. I honestly didnt mean to, but I do apologize none the less.

Ill give last years draft a d-...but this years a solid b.

Even if this class only yields 2 starters (which it should do a lot more than that by the looks of it) it is a very solid draft.

Most teams dont get more than 2-3 starters out of a draft. If you get 4, that is a great draft. 5 is historic, especially if 1-2 become all pro guys (which this draft definitely has the potential to do).

I asked this to Mecca and didn't see an answer, but Id like your opinion on it as well because I value it...

How would you grade this draft if we had taken Mark Sanchez last year and this was a move to surround him with as many playmakers as you can?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2010, 02:28 AM
I apologize for the incorrect wording of my comment, it painted you in the wrong light and twisted the words a bit. I honestly didnt mean to, but I do apologize none the less.

Ill give last years draft a d-...but this years a solid b.

Even if this class only yields 2 starters (which it should do a lot more than that by the looks of it) it is a very solid draft.

Most teams dont get more than 2-3 starters out of a draft. If you get 4, that is a great draft. 5 is historic, especially if 1-2 become all pro guys (which this draft definitely has the potential to do).

I asked this to Mecca and didn't see an answer, but Id like your opinion on it as well because I value it...

How would you grade this draft if we had taken Mark Sanchez last year and this was a move to surround him with as many playmakers as you can?

A couple of differences:

You can't grade this draft by the standards of a normal draft. It's a ridiculously deep draft. You we needed 4 starters out of this draft at least, and then a couple of guys who would have larger situational roles.

Well, we got two starters and two situational players. If this were the 2005 draft, then yeah, 2.5-3 starters is a good haul, but this is a much deeper draft.

As far as the second question, the players that we would have surrounded Mark Sanchez with to maximize his talents, guys like Arrelious Benn, Damien Williams, Mardy Gilyard, etc not only played positions of greater value, but they were superior prospects.

I'm going to post a depth chart that we could have had if we just would have drafted according to common sense the last two years:

Had we followed Detroit's pattern:

Mark Sanchez
Rey Maualuga
Antoine Caldwell
Sammie Lee Hill
Jamon Meredith
Cary Harris
Dannell Ellerbe

Eric Berry
Taylor Mays
Golden Tate
Damien Williams
Everson Griffen
Ricky Sapp
Cam Thomas

Gives you the following depth chart

QB: Sanchez
RB: Charles
WR 1: Bowe
WR 2: Williams
Slot: Tate
TE: Cottam
LT: Albert
LG: Waters
C: Caldwell
RG: Lilja
RT: Meredith

RDE: Griffen (Sapp)
3T: Dorsey
NT: Hill (Thomas)
LDE: Hali (Sapp)

WLB: Johnson
MLB: Brinkley (Ellerbe)
SLB: Maualuga

CB: Flowers
CB: Carr
Nickel: Harris
FS: Berry
SS: Mays

The_Doctor10
04-25-2010, 02:47 AM

No draft will ever be as bad as last year, just for the fact that we dumped 120 million on Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel, ****ed our QB position for half a decade, and wasted another draft to complement that which can't be complemented.

Take a step back... With Welker and Moss, he won 11 games, largely being unable to hit Moss deep. Given Charles and Jones will be the focal points of the offense, and a WR combo of Bowe, Chambers and McCluster out of the slot, it's not unreasonable to believe Cassel can get some things done.

It boggles my mind the Chiefs didn't draft a NT or LB, but whatever. At least the offense is not likely to be the embarrassment it was last season.

BossChief
04-25-2010, 02:56 AM
IMO if we take Clausen and Cody in the second, this draft is a A+.

jspchief
04-25-2010, 06:17 AM
I said C+. My biggest beef is the use of our 2nd rounders. Seems like we used them on guys that don't project to be starters. Ever.

Reaper16
04-25-2010, 07:59 AM
I voted C-. A dreadful repudiation of value on the part of Pioli does not earn a good grade. I would have voted D+ if I didn't think that McCluster and Arenas, while bad picks, would be significant contributors.

Hoover
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I said B-

I love the Berry pick.

I think the guard from Illinois might be out best pick in this drafter because of value. I smell another Will Shields and I think he plays right away.

As a Hawkeye fan, I'm pumped to have Moeaki as a Chief, he will make Cottam and the other TE's on this team look like statues.

Like many of you, I did not understand the 2nd round at all. The player could end up being great, especially on special teams, but I thought we needed to come out of the 2nd round with a RT and LB. I also would not have minded grabbing Clausen. Pick #50 was for TG, and unless he is able to move Carr to the nickel spot, I don't think it was worth it.

Reerun_KC
04-25-2010, 08:13 AM
I said C+. My biggest beef is the use of our 2nd rounders. Seems like we used them on guys that don't project to be starters. Ever.

I can go with this. I voted A just to piss off the "I hate everything Kansas City Chiefs Crowd"

But agree, seems like we could of picked some more impact players. But who knows. I am just a fan, I dont have any inside info to the Chiefs other than a message board.

Chiefnj2
04-25-2010, 08:14 AM
I went C-. I don't know what game film they watched when they decided not to address NT, ILB, RT or full time WR. In an exceptionally deep TE class they give up picks to grab a guy that was injured more than he was healthy??

Reerun_KC
04-25-2010, 08:14 AM
I said B-

I love the Berry pick.

I think the guard from Illinois might be out best pick in this drafter because of value. I smell another Will Shields and I think he plays right away.

As a Hawkeye fan, I'm pumped to have Moeaki as a Chief, he will make Cottam and the other TE's on this team look like statues.

Like many of you, I did not understand the 2nd round at all. The player could end up being great, especially on special teams, but I thought we needed to come out of the 2nd round with a RT and LB. I also would not have minded grabbing Clausen. Pick #50 was for TG, and unless he is able to move Carr to the nickel spot, I don't think it was worth it.

I was hoping to come out of the 2nd round with a WR, DT or a SS.. 2nd round is a mystery...

InChiefsHeaven
04-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I was fully expecting at the very least a LB in this draft, hell even in the 5th round, somewhere...but overall, I think we got all solid players who will contribute, and I think Moeaki will be a nice surprise...if he stays healthy. Was a little surprised not to see a NT, but I guess they are really thinking that's where Dorsey will go.

I would have liked to have seen Clausen, but his not being drafted until much later than projected by the "experts" is pretty telling. If Weis really wanted this guy, I find it hard to believe that we didn't get him. But there will be a lot more opportunities next year for a QB should they decide that Cassel has totally shit the bed.

There are a lot of UDFA's out there so you never know. The sky is not falling on Chiefs Nation yet, not just from this draft.

RedThat
04-25-2010, 08:38 AM
tI've watched a lot of film and done some research on Arenas, and the more I read up about him, the more Im warming to the idea of having him on our team.

I didn't like that pick previously, but in all honesty, I don't think he was a bad choice at all.

I would have originally graded this draft as a B-, but due to my change of opinion on Arenas, my draft grade for the Chiefs changes from a B- to a B+

Love the Berry pick and thought he was a no-brainer at 5. McCluster may not start but he is going to get a lot of playing time and will be involved in the offense quite a bit. Like the pick because he adds more explosiveness and makes our offense more dimensional. Always a plus to have guys like that on your team, he'll be a weapon and it's a weapon like that which enables your OC to be more creative.

The 2nd round was solid imo. The 3rd round was also a great pick. I think the Chiefs found themselves a really good guard. I like Moeaki if he could stay healthy. Don't know much about Kendrick Lewis or Sheffield, but I do suspect they will be projects.

*I think the Chiefs are going to have a damn good secondary. At least we could say 1/3 of our defense is GOOD.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 08:53 AM
It's intimately connected with the Matt Cassel trade, the worst and most damaging acquisition in team history.

It's caused us to ignore value for two straight drafts, and waste this one trying to surround an inferior QB with "weapons" that can play to his non-existent strengths.

See, I just don't agree with this.

This draft had nothing to do with Matt Cassel. There were 30 other teams that repeatedly passed on Clausen, some with bigger QB issues than we have (Cleveland, Arizona). He has a huge red flag attached to his name. There's something that really turned teams off from him. Personally, I'd rather just draft a stud QB next year when Cassel falls flat on his face.

I could see your point if Weis didn't have these "weapons" with him everywhere else. He's always had a slot guy who could make plays from Chrebet to Troy Brown. The guy is a weapon. That has nothing to do with Matt Cassel.

We added no speed on defense? How do you add Eric Berry and say we've added no speed?

I don't think this draft had anything to do with Matt Cassel. It was about getting guys who can make plays. McCluster will make plays. Arenas will make plays.

I just don't see how they were awful picks. Cody would have been better, I agree, but Arenas can play.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 08:54 AM
IMO if we take Clausen and Cody in the second, this draft is a A+.

The Chiefs are likely going to have a shot at one of the studs coming out next year. If it results in one of them, I'm happy that they didn't invest in Jimmy.

KCChiefsMan
04-25-2010, 08:55 AM
We got Ed Reed, Snoop Minnis, Hank Poteat and a TE that can't stay healthy.

Ed Reed alone makes this draft a B. If we draft better in the 2nd round it would be A+ but at least we got one stud that will make a difference on defense.

DTLB58
04-25-2010, 08:56 AM
I went C-. I don't know what game film they watched when they decided not to address NT, ILB, RT or full time WR. In an exceptionally deep TE class they give up picks to grab a guy that was injured more than he was healthy??

I gave it a C based on these same reasons.

HonestChieffan
04-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Good solid B. Team is better with these guys. Incremental improvement is a good thing.

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 09:05 AM
A couple of differences:

You can't grade this draft by the standards of a normal draft. It's a ridiculously deep draft. You we needed 4 starters out of this draft at least, and then a couple of guys who would have larger situational roles.

Well, we got two starters and two situational players. If this were the 2005 draft, then yeah, 2.5-3 starters is a good haul, but this is a much deeper draft.

As far as the second question, the players that we would have surrounded Mark Sanchez with to maximize his talents, guys like Arrelious Benn, Damien Williams, Mardy Gilyard, etc not only played positions of greater value, but they were superior prospects.
That depends on what you consider "superior prospects." We have to wait and see what Weis has planned for his offense. The thing about those guys is, those guys are pure receivers. Their only weapon is to be straight-line receivers and in that regard, they're pretty so-so. None of them are considered playmakers. They probably project to be 500-600 yard receivers and most of them will play out of the slot. They don't have the kind of versatility that McCluster offers.

Keep in mind what Weis loves. He loves to throw a lot of underneath routes and wants the receiver to get big YAC. If you watch tape of McCluster and look at his short-shuttle times, he's perfectly suited for that. Weis also loves deception--when you think he's going to run, he'll pass. When he sees a defense overpursuing, he's going to dial up a screen pass. Weis likes to run a lot of plays from the same formation. McCluster gives Weis a TON more flexibility than Tate, Benn, etc... give to run a lot of different looks from essentially the same formation--all he has to do is motion McCluster to a spot that Weis thinks might present the biggest mismatch (or he can dial in a running play). So I don't think McCluster's going to be a star, but I think he's going to be a real matchup headache for opposing teams, whereas those receivers you listed I see as being guys who will be productive at a 1-dimensional way of playing the position.

To your other point, something I've warmed up to, you're absolutely right about the 2009 draft setting us a few years behind. I'm not a big fan of Sanchez, but it's frustrating that we could have had Raji and Maualuga instead (my two horses). If we did that, people wouldn't be so upset about not taking a NT or ILB.

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Give the draft a B- with the potential for an A- (if things go really well, which they rarely do). McCluster's a good pick in theory, we'll see if it's a good pick in practice. If Arenas pulls off the nickel back and is a great returner, while I don't know that it was the best of picks, it won't end up being a bad one. I like that they stuck to their board and drafted at the right value, rather than reaching for need. And I like that they gave Weis a lot of flexible weapons. He values that versatility a lot more than he values a guy who's real good at one thing only.

milkman
04-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Good solid B. Team is better with these guys. Incremental improvement is a good thing.

Meanwhile, I won't be the least bit surprised if the Lions, the most inept laughing stock in the league 2 years ago, playing in a tougher division, has a better record than the Chiefs this year, but hey, incremental improvement is a good thing.

KChiefs1
04-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Here's an A+ Draft:

1. Eric Berry
2. Sergio Kindle
2. Terrence Cody
3. Jon Asamoah
4. Tony Moeaki
5. Kendrick Lewis
5. Cameron Sheffield
5. Cam Thomas
6. Myron Rolle
7. George Selvie

Yes, I know the Chiefs didn't have picks in the 6th/7th round because of the trade with the Dolphins, but I'm assuming those trades hadn't been made.

luv
04-25-2010, 09:31 AM
F+? I always thought an F was an F.

EyePod
04-25-2010, 09:34 AM

I think our offense drastically improves, causing us to lean heavily on our secondary since teams will be playing catchup.

EyePod
04-25-2010, 09:37 AM

And Shaun Smith was brought in for help in the front 7. Obviously not the answer, but he's definitely better than anything last year. Also, Cassel isn't the answer either. But you have to make do with what you have available.

EyePod
04-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Here's an A+ Draft:

1. Eric Berry
2. Sergio Kindle
2. Terrence Cody
3. Jon Asamoah
4. Tony Moeaki
5. Kendrick Lewis
5. Cameron Sheffield
5. Cam Thomas
6. Myron Rolle
7. George Selvie

Yes, I know the Chiefs didn't have picks in the 6th/7th round because of the trade with the Dolphins, but I'm assuming those trades hadn't been made.

Why the 2 NT's?

EyePod
04-25-2010, 10:07 AM
I voted B-, and mostly that's because of the Eric Berry (can't miss) choice.

We drafted good players, but they werent exactly players of need. Some were, most weren't. We didn't address NT (AT ALL!!!!) That's a HUGE WTF IMO. Shaun Smith is our starting NT?!?!? Ron Edwards?!?!?!? With Cody, Thomas sitting there??? I don't get it. We also didn't look at LB, which is the most 2nd glaring need. We just didn't draft people who were starters IMO. Backups/ST players. If we selected anyone other than Berry at #5 then this draft IMO would be a D+

I think that Cody and THomas were just not wanted by Pioli/Haley. Haley's huge on weight control, and Cody can't do that. I'm guessing there's a NT that they want next year instead in FA or in the draft and they would rather have a stopgap this year. And our offense is gonna explode over everyone and that's gonna force teams to play catchup and need to pass the ball. That's why we have to upgrade/bolster our secondary that much.

el borracho
04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
"S" for smurfy.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2010, 10:14 AM
you are such a fucking drama queen bitch

it costs us a 2nd round draft pick ... we've been pissing those away for years.

and maybe taking Cassel caused us to pass on QB's in the last 2 drafts ... MAYBE ... but we don't know if they would of drafted one anyway.

Sanchez - big fucking deal, he's solid
Clausen - we have no idea what he is

if Cassel sucks this year then we go after a QB hard and heavy next year in a great Quarterback draft.

i wanted them to take Clausen too but don't be such candy ass.

:shake:

Craqhead
04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Gave them a B. Wish they would of drafted more inline too the needs of the team. I like Eric Berry... and then after that I'm not sure what we got till we see them on the field 2-3 years down the road. I'm still hopeful that our braintrust is better then KING CARL.

wazu
04-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Gave them a B. Wish they would of drafted more inline too the needs of the team. I like Eric Berry... and then after that I'm not sure what we got till we see them on the field 2-3 years down the road. I'm still hopeful that our braintrust is better then KING CARL.

Me too. Although aside from better coaching hires I have seen no evidence of that whatsoever to date.

CosmicPal
04-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Here's an A+ Draft:

1. Eric Berry
2. Sergio Kindle
2. Terrence Cody
3. Jon Asamoah
4. Tony Moeaki
5. Kendrick Lewis
5. Cameron Sheffield
5. Cam Thomas
6. Myron Rolle
7. George Selvie

Kindle comes with a serious injury concern. I love how people are harping on Moeaki 'cause of his minor injuries, but that pales in comparison to Kindle's possibility that his career may be shortened because of his knee. There's a reason why he fell.

Cody fell too for a reason- fat, lazy, slob who would be a...oh, get this...here it comes- a PART-TIME player! Yep, he might see the field for first and second downs, but the fact is, the team, like most teams, saw him as a serious weight issue.

The staff heard that a team was coveting Moecki, so they traded up to get what they wanted. I don't agree with this, but they felt like he was worth the shot. According to your draft, Moecki wouldn't have fallen to us without the trade up.

Cam Thomas = see fat, lazy slob. However, at this point of the draft, he might have been considered a steal and I wouldn't have to hear the tired drivel about how we didn't draft a defensive lineman for the 20th year in a row.

Rolle- I had my fingers crossed we would steal him in the last round. He fit into our "character" theme and what the staff was looking for in players, so I'm sure they too were very disappointed Tennessee picked him up.

Chiefnj2
04-25-2010, 10:36 AM
For posterity sake, I would have taken:
1. Berry.
2. Tate.
2. Cody.
3. Graham
4. Gibson
5. Petrus
5. Scott
5. Goethel

RedThat
04-25-2010, 10:45 AM
you are such a ****ing drama queen bitch

it costs us a 2nd round draft pick ... we've been pissing those away for years.

and maybe taking Cassel caused us to pass on QB's in the last 2 drafts ... MAYBE ... but we don't know if they would of drafted one anyway.

Sanchez - big ****ing deal, he's solid
Clausen - we have no idea what he is

if Cassel sucks this year then we go after a QB hard and heavy next year in a great Quarterback draft.

i wanted them to take Clausen too but don't be such candy ass.

:shake:

MichaelH
04-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I gave it a B+. I would have liked to see an O-lineman but I feel they took the best player over need. This draft is far better than anything that's happened under Dickies's/Nermie regime.

Reaper16
04-25-2010, 11:18 AM
I gave it a B+. I would have liked to see an O-lineman but I feel they took the best player over need. This draft is far better than anything that's happened under Dickies's/Nermie regime.
They did draft an O-lineman, a good one, in Asamoah.

B_Ambuehl
04-25-2010, 11:23 AM
The responses to this poll do a pretty good job of explaining why this team hasn't won a superbowl. When the majority of your fanbase is fired up by a draft this shitty how do you think they feel about a mediocre team? They absolutely love it! When your owner cares more about sellouts and his bank account then putting the best product on the field and your fanbase will fall for anything it's really pretty easy to string them along year after year after year.

Pioli even managed to screw up the UDFA signing period. This football team had almost all of day 3 to sit around and set up quality UDFA signings instead it looks like they set around with their thumb up their butt.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
They did draft an O-lineman, a good one, in Asamoah.
hopefully he's a great one but he still doesn't play OT .... OT and Center is our biggest issue.imo.

If Albert struggles again ...
If O'callaghan doesn't continue to improve....

our offense is screwed

i'll say again ... the drafturbaters must be thrilled, the Chiefs ignored the trenches and went after all the "playmakers".

milkman
04-25-2010, 11:25 AM
hopefully he's a great one but he still doesn't play OT .... OT and Center is our biggest issue.imo.

our offense is screwed

i'll say again ... the drafturbaters must be thrilled, the Chiefs ignored the trenches and went after all the "playmakers".

And I'll say it again.

You're fucking dumbfuck who clearly can't comprehend the words written right in front of your dumbfuck face.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
And I'll say it again.

You're fucking dumbfuck who clearly can't comprehend the words written right in front of your dumbfuck face.
and i'll say again, i don't give a fuck about your stupid horse felching,faggot opinion.

go drink another cup of mecca's jizz and jump off a fucking cliff ... make the world a better place.

milkman
04-25-2010, 11:33 AM
and i'll say again, i don't give a **** about your stupid horse felching,pillowbiter opinion.

go drink another cup of mecca's jizz and jump off a ****ing cliff ... make the world a better place.

You're the one obsessed with mecca, you useless piece of shit.
I've argued with some of his dumbass shit plenty of times.

The fact is, you are so obsessed with him that you fail to even recognize what anyone has to actually say.

Not one single person has ever advocated ignoring the O-Line.

Not one single ****ing person, you ****ing idiot.

LaChapelle
04-25-2010, 11:42 AM
C+
Did a good job of propping up Cassel and special teams(needs)
no excues for not getting a solid LB and or NT, DL

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 12:05 PM
and i'll say again, i don't give a **** about your stupid horse felching,pillowbiter opinion.

go drink another cup of mecca's jizz and jump off a ****ing cliff ... make the world a better place.

oh snap

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I give kc a C for this draft. Yah, they got some talent on the first day but they all but ignored their biggest problem, offensive and defensive line.

Asomoah is a solid pick. If kc had just taken one or two more players for the trenches then I think every kc fan would be very happy with this draft. But, for whatever reason, Pioli ignored the defensive line and the offensive line (aside for the one pick).

LaChapelle
04-25-2010, 12:15 PM
It's the 4th and 5th for an often injured TE
I wanted a LB

BigRedChief
04-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Man, the results of this poll is a way different result than the negative meltdown that has been occuring on this site over the last few days.:hmmm:

Archie Bunker
04-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm not going to lie I like this draft quite a bit. They didn't fill the exact needs with the exact players I would have but this is a very good class. Night and day from last year.

Berry-goes without saying that I love this pick. He going to be a great one.A+

McCluster-a stunner at first but I like it a ton. He give us a slot guy with playmaking ability we didn't have. I was prepared to draft a slot WR at 2a in Tate so how can I be upset with another slot guy with a 2nd rd grade. B+

Arenas-Another pick that I like that most don't. I todays game the NCB plays a shit ton and after watching Leggett, Richardson, etc combine with Brown all year to make highlight packages for other teams, I like the thought of a guy like Arenas out there. Throw in his return ability and this is another nice pick. B

Asomoah-my 2nd favorite pick. Nasty lineman that should start right away. A+

Mokeaki-needed a well rounded TE to step in and we got one. Not my first choice at TE but I would've been fine with Graham or McCoy in the 3rd to once again they draft a guy with a similar grade so I'll take it. B

Lewis-My sleeper and a guy that could team with Berry from day one. I'm not worried at all about his forty time the kid is all over the place. Basically this guy is Myron Rolle with production and less hype.B

Sheffield-Nice OLB project we needed in the round to draft one. B-

In closing they filled some needs with productive players from power conferences while adding leadership and playmaking ability. They didn't have any major reaches and basically had an anti-Chiefs draft.

Flame away
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
04-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Man, the results of this poll is a way different result than the negative meltdown that has been occuring on this site over the last few days.:hmmm:

Dozen or so drafturbators making noise
Dozen or so truefans making noise
100s in between being more or less silent

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 12:54 PM

Way, way wrong. The 2001 draft was a complete abortion. The 2002 wasn't much better.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I said C+.

The main reason for the higher than average score, is (of course) Berry. With everyone hyping him as the best player in the draft and the second coming of Sean Taylor, I couldn't be too hard on this pick. I would've rather seen us go in the direction of Seattle..I think Seattle gets a solid A. They got a 'can't miss 10 year' o-lineman AND the second best S in the draft with their 1st two picks...

2a
Which brings me to our second round...Not to beat this to death but I really do not understand our second round which is why I down graded us here. We have so many needs it just seems foolish to be drafting a kind of 'situational' or 'gimmicky' kind of player. We need someone to help us on every snap. I was thinking OL or DT here..or even LB...Not 5'7" speed burner / X-factor type....Now if he turns out to be like Dante II , I will gladly eat my words. But those type of players seem like they only have a significant impact for a season or two...I dunno I was hoping for more with 2a.

2b
With 2b we picked Arenas, which I also count as a down grade...Yes I know he is possibly the best return man in the draft...I suppose if he wins the starting job and remains our returner for a few years and does well...then I will be ok with this..But that is a LOT of 'ifs.'

3, 4, & 5
The rest of the draft was just Ok for me....I like the G (Asomoah sp?) he got very high marks..I think that he is a winner. I dont know too much about the other S (Lewis) except supposedly he is slow....but I will reserve judgment on that till he is on the field. I am slow so I have a soft spot for guys who run slow in the 40 but still do well on the field. The TE (Moeaki) looks like a beast, but injuries are a concern, I would rate that as a positive because he seems to have a very big upside potential. Finally sheffield (DE / LB) I would rate him as kind of a 'push' because if he develops into a decent pass rusher it would be a win...But I don't like 'project' types for us right now...But maybe he will play OLB...so it is just so hard to say....

Tabulation

So, with big downgrades at 2a and 2b..Upgrade at 1a, slight upgrades at 3a and 3b, a slight downgrade at 4, and a push at 5....

I came up with C+ as my grade.

EyePod
04-25-2010, 12:57 PM

our offense is screwed

Not necessarily true. Our playmakers ability (JC, Jones, McCluster) will make teams be less aggressive on blitzes and such, because they need to locate those guys and must be able to stop them. Plus we won't have Goff on our line at all so there's an improvement.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
I gave it a B+. I would have liked to see an O-lineman but I feel they took the best player over need. This draft is far better than anything that's happened under Dickies's/Nermie regime.Hey, way to pay attention there...:)

Pasta Little Brioni
04-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Not necessarily true. Our playmakers ability (JC, Jones, McCluster) will make teams be less aggressive on blitzes and such, because they need to locate those guys and must be able to stop them. Plus we won't have Goff on our line at all so there's an improvement.

Charlie will keep teams off balance with his playcalling. If they try to overly blitz, he will pick them apart with screens. He has got to be stoked with the versatiltiy of Charles and DMcC and what it will allow him to do.

notorious
04-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey, way to pay attention there...:)

LMAO

Phobia
04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
I have no idea. You don't either. None of us will have any idea how this draft was for 3 years.

BossChief
04-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Man, the results of this poll is a way different result than the negative meltdown that has been occuring on this site over the last few days.:hmmm:people were just waiting for the Boss to chime in...:thumb:

(j/k)

I have no idea. You don't either. None of us will have any idea how this draft was for 3 years.

normally, I would agree with you however this draft was pretty much all guys that should produce immediately.

I really dont see any of them that should take 3 years to show us who they are, except the 5th rounders and maybe Arenas as a corner (but he will pay divvidends as a returner from week 1 on IMO)

redshirt32
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
were any of us really schocked i mean there is always wtf wtf is that player. Arenas has a good record in the SEC second to Welker this guy may get us over the hump in close games we always have shity field position i like this pick. Dexter well what can you say about this kid looks exciting to me he took berrys team to the house 4 times. Our defense has strugled and will continue to a bit but your not going to get what you want in one draft.
Ill give you last years draft as wtf. Its the 2nd year with this managment team noone has done shit for the chiefs in 40 years it will be another 2 years before we can really get the depth were looking for its a very young team let em play and see what happens

teedubya
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Round 1: A+
Round 2: D
Round 3: C-
Round 4: F
Round 5: C

BossChief
09-14-2010, 06:18 PM
bump