PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Better pick: Toby Gerhardt or McCluster?

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Ok so Gerhardt went with the #51 (we took Arenas with #50).

We took McCkuster with #36.

So which is a better pick? Which back do you see as contributing more to the NFL?

I realize that they are different kinds of backs, so this is a difficult comparison...heck Gerhardt might even end up playing a lot of FB...

To me that makes the question more interesting!

(Poll Coming soon)

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Jesus fuck!? Why would we want Gerhardt? McCluster was a far better choice.

ChiefsCountry
McCluster by a landslide.

RustShack
Gerhart is a FB, McCluster is a WR. Which one is more important you dumb shit?

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:30 PM

I take it you didn't even read the question...

That makes YOU the dumb shit...

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Gerhart is a FB, McCluster is a WR. Which one is more important

Tony Richardson was pretty important....More important than a number of RB's who were drafted in the second round over the course of history.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
I take it you didn't even read the question...

That makes YOU the dumb shit...

I did. Your comparing a WR to a FB. Your the dumb shit.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
FB's shouldn't be drafted in the second round.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Apples and Oranges...

King_Chief_Fan
04-25-2010, 06:33 PM
another guy wanting his own thread on the front page

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Apples and Oranges...

What do you expect from the planets biggest moron.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:34 PM
I did. Your comparing a WR to a FB. Your the dumb shit.

Are you really this fucking stupid? I am comparing the PICK...Which will be a better pick...

I didn't say which will be a better RB. You have to be retarded...no one could possibly be as stupid as you are without some kind of brain damage...

You are a SUPER retard! Powers so beyond extraordinary dumb that it boggles the fuckign mind.

http://piratevitamins.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/super-retard3.jpg

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Apples and Oranges...

Oh really so if Bradford sucks a fat dick and Berry goes to the hall of fame, we can't say Berry was a better pick?

Jesus the incompetence here is mind numbing..

I suppose you wouldnt go out on a limb and say that Dallas Clark was a better pick than Michael Haynes?

Jesus.

ChiefMojo
04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
McCluster is a definite need... a slot receiver that can also return kicks and work out of the backfield if needed. Toby is strictly a big back and we already have two good RB's in Charles/Jones.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh really so if Bradford sucks a fat dick and Berry goes to the hall of fame, we can't say Berry was a better pick?

Jesus the incompetence here is mind numbing..The learning curve for a safety and a QB are not even remotely close. You cant compare that. Berry will be an impact player this season. Who knows if Bradford will even take a snap.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Which back do you see as contributing more to the NFL?

Are you really this fucking stupid? I am comparing the PICK...Which will be a better pick...

I didn't say which will be a better RB. You have to be retarded...

What?

Deberg_1990
04-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Gerhardt will follow in the vaunted footsteps of Tommy Vardell.

Ming the Merciless
The learning curve for a safety and a QB are not even remotely close. You cant compare that. Berry will be an impact player this season. Who knows if Bradford will even take a snap.

You're right..the learning curve for Gerhardt and McCluster is so completely different and radically opposed that we cannot speculate as to which will be a better pick-up on this message board devoted to speculation. My bad.

RustShack

I didn't say which will be a better RB. You have to be retarded...no one could possibly be as stupid as you are without some kind of brain damage...

You are a SUPER retard! Powers so beyond extraordinary dumb that it boggles the fuckign mind.

http://piratevitamins.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/super-retard3.jpg

But to answer your question again. MCCLUSTER WAS THE BETTER PICK YOU DUMB FUCK.

Ming the Merciless
What?

RB stands for Running Back in the NFL you waste of oxygen.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:46 PM

You have got to be the biggest idiot alive. Thats my point. You just said you didn't say which one will be the better back when you clearly did.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:50 PM
You have got to be the biggest idiot alive. Thats my point. You just said you didn't say which one will be the better back when you clearly did.

Ok let me spell this out for you:

Full Back is a back

Running Back is a back

I never said 'which one will be a better RB'

I said which one will be a better BACK..

How can you be alive? I would imagine you to have killed yourself by forgetting to breathe or that your father would've honor killed you for being such a disgrace.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:51 PM
You know that McCluster is playing WR here right dumb shit?

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:51 PM
But if that is your question. Then Gerhardt is the better back, since the other choice wont be playing RB.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Ok let me spell this out for you

Full Back is a back

Running Back is a back

I never said 'which one will be a better RB'

I said which one will be a better BACK..

How can you be alive? I would imagine you to have killed yourself by forgetting to breathe or that your father would've honor killed you for being such a disgrace.BOTH will be playing COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSITIONS. How often will Gerhardt be catching passes in the slot?

chiefs1111
04-25-2010, 06:52 PM
McCluster was the better pick.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
But if that is your question. Then Gerhardt is the better back, since the other choice wont be playing RB.Exactly...

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:54 PM
But hey at least this dumb shit finally realized that Gerhardt will be playing a lot of FB after arguing with me since he joined saying he wouldn't be.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:56 PM
BOTH will be playing COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSITIONS. How often will Gerhardt be catching passes in the slot?

My fuckign god. Did you guys have the same special ed. teacher? Ride the same tard bus to school?

It is the PICK that is the subject of the poll / question...

Fucking tool.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:56 PM
But hey at least this dumb shit finally realized that Gerhardt will be playing a lot of FB after arguing with me since he joined saying he wouldn't be.

It was in the ****ing question you stupid ignoramus...

Jesus christ.

READ THE FUCKING QUESTION

aturnis
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM

You are an idiot. Your opening thread says you realize they are different types of BACKS! McCluster won't be a back, he will be a WR who may occasionally line up as a RB or QB. You dumb fuck!

LaChapelle
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
I think McCluster will be more apt to throw a pick
I don't understand how tight the spiral may be
has to do with anything

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Exactly...

HAHAHHAHA

wow...

BCD is Rustshack right? This is a practical joke, correct?

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:59 PM
I think you need to reread the question dumbass. Maybe you should reread the comments where I've said multiple times that McCluster was the better pick too.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 06:59 PM
You are an idiot. Your opening thread says you realize they are different types of BACKS! McCluster won't be a back, he will be a WR who may occasionally line up as a RB or QB. You dumb ****!

You seriously want to argue about whether McCluster is RB who plays WR or a WR who plays RB...?

The question is which will be the better pick, not which will be a better RB..

WTF is happening here...Where did all the retards come from?

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Gerhardt will follow in the vaunted footsteps of Tommy Vardell.

Oh wow, I actually remember Tommy Vardell.

aturnis
04-25-2010, 07:01 PM
You seriously want to argue about whether McCluster is RB who plays WR or a WR who plays RB...?

Y

What? this is my first post in this thread doucher. McCluster started his career at Ole Miss as a WR, they switched him to RB b/c he was so dynamic they wanted to get the ball in his hands more often.

We have Jamaal Charles, we don't need a dynamic RB. We need a dynamic receiver. Have you seen him play receiver?

aturnis
04-25-2010, 07:03 PM

The question is which will be the better pick, not which will be a better RB..

WTF is happening here...Where did all the retards come from?

Your original question:

"So which is a better pick? Which back do you see as contributing more to the NFL?

I realize that they are different kinds of backs, so this is a difficult comparison...heck Gerhardt might even end up playing a lot of FB..."

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:03 PM
We have Jamaal Charles, we don't need a dynamic RB. We need a dynamic receiver. Have you seen him play receiver?

I haven't seen him play receiver in the NFL, no.

That is why I am asking the question instead of stating a fact.

I am asking which the better PICK is....

I am NOT asking which one is a better running back.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Hes to small to play RB in the NFL. Hes smaller than Charles. Like usual, this doucher has now idea what hes talking about and has never watched either player play.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
So which is a better pick? Which back do you see as contributing more to the NFL?

I realize that they are different kinds of backs, so this is a difficult comparison...heck Gerhardt might even end up playing a lot of FB...

I understand you are confused....the word back throws you off, because you have a small brain...

But the question is WHO WILL BE A BETTER PICK...

Whether or not you choose to call him a back or a receiver is meaningless.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Hes to small to play RB in the NFL.

So you are saying he will never line up as a back? He will never be in the backfield?...Once again you are wrong and continue to make yourself look like a total ****ing moron.

aturnis
04-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I haven't seen him play receiver in the NFL, no.

That is why I am asking the question instead of stating a fact.

I am asking which the better PICK is....

I am NOT asking which one is a better running back.

You're a retard. You haven't seen him play RB in the NFL. You fucked up, live us to it. Anyways, have you see him play WR in college, or workouts or...?

aturnis
04-25-2010, 07:07 PM
...and the answer is YES, 10/1 McCluster will be the better pick.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 07:08 PM
So you are saying he will never line up as a back? He will never be in the backfield?...Once again you are wrong and continue to make yourself look like a total ****ing moron.

Ronnie Brown is a awesome QB isn't he? Who do you think is a better QB.. Ronnie Brown or Matt Cassel?

Ming the Merciless
You're a retard. You haven't seen him play RB in the NFL. You ****ed up, live us to it. Anyways, have you see him play WR in college, or workouts or...?

Jesus christ you are fucking incompetent. No one has seen himn play ANY POSITION in the NFL that is why I am asking...

It is a speculation...

Who will end up being a better pick? Gerhardt or McCluster? It is that simple....

You are as confused by this as you were by reading when you were in 1st grade and by the multiplication table when you were in 3rd grade...ytou know why? Because you are a fuckign idiot and always have been and always will be.

RustShack
...and the answer is YES, 10/1 McCluster will be the better pick.

Its been answered many times, but this moron is too retarded to read that. Hes just getting so pissed that we are also answering the other questions he asked.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I do not like Toby whiteguy whatsoever...

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Ronnie Brown is a awesome QB isn't he? Who do you think is a better QB.. Ronnie Brown or Matt Cassel?

You changed my question, i never said who is better at 'x position' in the poll...

The question is who is a better DRAFT PICK you complete sophomore.

I think we can all answer that...

RustShack
04-25-2010, 07:11 PM
You changed my question, i never said who is better at 'x position' ....

The question is who is a better DRAFT PICK you complete sophomore.

I think we can all answer that...

Which back do you see as contributing more to the NFL?

So that isn't a question?

Hammock Parties
04-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Gerhardt is not gonna be that good. He doesn't have the sudden acceleration to zip through holes in the pros. He has good speed, but his acceleration sucks.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:14 PM
So that isn't a question?

It wasn't a part of the poll. You are choosing to argue with whether or not to CALL McCluster a RB or a WR.....

That doesn't make what I said incorrect at all..

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Gerhardt is not gonna be that good. He doesn't have the sudden acceleration to zip through holes in the pros. He has good speed, but his acceleration sucks.

This is the kind of answer that is on point and what should be being talked about. Not whether or not to call MCluster a running back who plays receiver or a WR who plays RB sometimes.

+rep to GC

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Gerhart will probably make for a nice goalline back.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 07:17 PM
It wasn't a part of the poll. You are choosing to argue with whether or not to CALL McCluster a RB or a WR.....

That doesn't make what I said incorrect at all..

I answered the poll question in the poll(and in the thread a few times), and I answered the thread question in the thread. Whats the problem? I voted McCluster was the better draft pick. I said Gerhardt was the better back since hes the only one whos plays RB. How hard is this to understand? If you don't want multiple questions answered, don't ask them. Its pretty simple actually.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Gerhart will probably make for a nice goalline back.

Yah he looks like a beast...I hope he does more than just play FB and goal line, he is fun to watch. Even though fuck the Vikings, but still I like him.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:18 PM
These 2 guys really aren't comparable at all, the Chiefs aren't even listing McCluster as a RB.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:19 PM
I answered the poll question in the poll(and in the thread a few times), and I answered the thread question in the thread. Whats the problem?

Go back and read your answers again. The problem is that you are a fuckign idiot douche bag. You didn't answer the question until I fuckign hammered into your thick neanderthal skull.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:19 PM
These 2 guys really aren't comparable at all, the Chiefs aren't even listing McCluster as a RB.

You can still compare the pick tho..

The question is which will end up being a better pick...

(Like you can compare which was a better Pick: Albert Haynes or Dallas Clark

even though theyre not even on the same side of the ball ...

Or Ryan leaf VS Charles Woodson..etc etc...)

RustShack
04-25-2010, 07:24 PM
McCluster will do far more from the slot than Gerhardt at FB. Happy?

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:27 PM
If you're gonna do that you should compare him to the guys that went right around him that would also be considered solid picks.

Jewish Rabbi
04-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Pawnmower, you're a dumb ass.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 07:30 PM
This thread is hilarious. ROFL

Pawmnower
04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
FUCK YOU ALL TO GOD DAMN HELL! YOU ARE ALL REDTARTEDS

Pawmnower
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Gerhardt is so much fucking better than McFaggot. Hes a better FB, hes a better RB, and hes a fucking better WR.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
McCluster will do far more from the slot than Gerhardt at FB. Happy?

Yes, I am happy that you continue to prove yourself the complete and utter douche bag idiot that I thought you were. I am happy you have proven once again you do not understand the question in the poll. I am happy you have proven that you are nothing more than a troll who would rather start and participate in petty arguments than contribute anything of value or substance to any discussion. I am happy there are people like you in the world, wallowing in stupidity and misery making it easier for people like me to succeed in life, get jobs and promotions and have sex with actual females.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Ok I gotta admit, Pawn just made me crack up.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:49 PM
If you're gonna do that you should compare him to the guys that went right around him that would also be considered solid picks.

McCluster went 15 picks higher than Gerhardt...it is close enough and if anything gives the advantage to McCluster for the purposes of this poll. (they were both mid/upper second round, it is close enough for me).

RustShack
04-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes, I am happy that you continue to prove yourself the complete and utter douche bag idiot that I thought you were. I am happy you have proven once again you do not understand the question in the poll. I am happy you have proven that you are nothing more than a troll who would rather start and participate in petty arguments than contribute anything of value or substance to any discussion. I am happy there are people like you in the world, wallowing in stupidity and misery making it easier for people like me to succeed in life, get jobs and promotions and have sex with actual females.

How am I not answering your question right?

RustShack
04-25-2010, 07:51 PM
There were four options on the poll. I don't understand how me clicking one option and hitting submit is doing it wrong.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Pawnmower, you're a dumb ass.

And your name is redundantly idiotic.

You might as well call yourself one of the following:

Homosexual Gay man
Stupid McRetard
Troll McThreadjackoff
Ignorant guy who doesn't know anything
Black African American
Mexican Landscaper

Mr. Laz
04-25-2010, 07:53 PM
apples to oranges ... for us McCluster is better because they are planning to use him at a slot receiver and utility player.

too high for both players

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh shit, Pawn is fuckin hilarious, when did this happen?

notorious
04-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh shit, Pawn is ****in hilarious, when did this happen?

The world has flipped upside down since Thursday. Who the fuck knows what is going to happen next.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:57 PM
The world has flipped upside down since Thursday. Who the fuck knows what is going to happen next.

This whole thing has turned odd, Pawn is funny and Dane was posting stuff I'd expect from Hootie.

The end of times must be approaching.

Thig Lyfe
Toby coulda been our Allstott!!!!

Ming the Merciless
too high for both players

This may be..I included a 4th option for this. I don't care so much about the apples to oranges...we have gone over that..

For example can you answer which is a better draft pick:

Ryan Leaf or Charles Woodson

Also apples to oranges but most people can answer the question.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I absolutely do not like Gerhart, I can live with McCluster if we had drafted Gerhart I'd have broken my TV.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 07:58 PM
This whole thing has turned odd, Pawn is funny and Dane was posting stuff I'd expect from Hootie.

The end of times must be approaching.

ROFL

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3558/eotl2012.jpg

Delano
04-25-2010, 08:01 PM
My fuckign god. Did you guys have the same special ed. teacher? Ride the same tard bus to school?

It is the PICK that is the subject of the poll / question...

Fucking tool.

You've been called out as a mult. Do the honorable thing: confess, give your regular account name, and delete this account.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 08:07 PM
You've been called out as a mult. Do the honorable thing: confess, give your regular account name, and delete this account.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me? I swear I am not a mult if you are referring to me...I think Rustshack and BCD are though, seriously. I think he logs in BCD and agrees with himself...kind of a self-stroke wack off session.

I am just new, I came from another board that would have kicked me off a long time ago for saying any one of the the things I have said here today alone...

I am in love with CP and it's denizens. This place is the best...I am so addicted.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 08:08 PM
So what your saying is, all the intelligent people here are dupes? I think your just a doof.

Delano
04-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Me? I swear I am not a mult if you are referring to me...I think Rustshack and BCD are though, seriously. I think he logs in BCD and agrees with himself...kind of a self-stroke wack off session.

I am just new, I came from another board that would have kicked me off a long time ago for saying any one of the the things I have said here today alone...

I am in love with CP and it's denizens. This place is the best...I am so addicted.

LMAO

You've been revealed as a mult by a moderator. Just leave, brah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 08:13 PM
LMAO

Posted via Mobile Device

LOL...

I don't think so...Who is the mod that said I was a mult?

Delano
04-25-2010, 08:15 PM
LOL...

I don't think so...Who is the mod that said I was a mult?

Are you pioli zombie?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej
04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
This thread is almost as bad as the Knowmo appreciation thread.

Almost.

notorious
04-25-2010, 08:17 PM
PawnNower

vs.

PawnMower

Close but not the same guy IMO

Bugeater
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM
LMAO

Posted via Mobile Device
No he wasn't, the author of post #64 and 65 is the mult. Look again.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
**** YOU ALL TO GOD DAMN HELL! YOU ARE ALL REDTARTEDS

What's a redtart anyway? Is that like a super special chef's fan?

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Im pretty flattered, I have been here about a month and already have my own personal Troll....

Thanks 'PawmNower' !!

Delano
04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
No he wasn't, the author of post #64 and 65 is the mult. Look again.

OIC. Ban 'em both and ask questions later.
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief
04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
FB's shouldn't be drafted in the second round.Neither should RB to slot WR projects, but I digress.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Neither should RB to slot WR projects, but I digress.

Hes a more talented version of Golden Tate.

WildTurkey
04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Neither should RB to slot WR projects, but I digress.

He's no project...... he was a wr in college before being moved to the rb position to get him more touches

jspchief
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Hes a more talented version of Golden Tate.I certainly hope so. I'm not a fan of using that pick on a guy that will never be more than a slot receiver, let alone a really small one that made his name in college doing something other than playing a conventional position.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM
I certainly hope so. I'm not a fan of using that pick on a guy that will never be more than a slot receiver, let alone a really small one that made his name in college doing something other than playing a conventional position.

+rep

This is how I feel. With the 36th overall I think we couldve and shouldve come up with something better...but I hope to eat major crow. (btw I am not saying it is Gerhardt who I wanted at 36, I just put him in there to see the result of the poll)

88TG88
04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
wtf is going on here

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2010, 05:40 AM
HAHAHHAHA

wow...

BCD is Rustshack right? This is a practical joke, correct?GFY

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2010, 05:50 AM
For example can you answer which is a better draft pick:

Ryan Leaf or Charles Woodson

Also apples to oranges but most people can answer the question.You're a fucking moron. Considering Leaf sucked and is outta the league, of course its Woodson. This line of questioning is retarded. Who's the better pick, Jeff George or Ed Reed? See? Stupid...

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2010, 05:53 AM

I am in love with CP and it's denizens. This place is the best...I am so addicted.Me? I've been here since the boards inception. I've never made a mult. Kindly go fist yourself.

Consistent1
04-26-2010, 06:00 AM
To me they are both decent picks given where they went.Minn doesn't need a McCluster.They need a guy to take a few carries off of Peterson and be a durable 2nd option.KC needs a shifty guy that can possibly break long catches or runs.Can't really compare the two,and for us Dexter was clearly a better pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
04-26-2010, 06:08 AM
Honestly, I think McCluster will have a more productive career than Gerhardt. McCluster is more of a jack-of-all-trades while Gerhardt is more of a traditional FB with probably being a goal-line halfback.

Gerhardt's short-shuttle drill was a 4.25, while McCluster’s was at 4.06. The short shuttle never gets the attention it deserves, but running back (or to a degree, a slot receiver) is a position that’s consistently asked to change directions and accelerate out of breaks. One could even make the case that the short shuttle has much more bearing on a prospect’s chances in the NFL than the 40.

Just for shit and giggles, Darren Sproles' shuttle time was 4.15.

Ming the Merciless
04-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Good Knowledge, coach.

Simply Red
04-26-2010, 11:41 AM
It was in the ****ing question you stupid ignoramus...

Jesus christ.

READ THE ****ING QUESTION

whoa, you're quite the talent.

Simply Red
04-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I meant 'taint' - you're quite the taint.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2010, 12:18 PM
hey ... wait a minute, where did bi-polar go?

:p

RustShack
09-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Ok so Gerhardt went with the #51 (we took Arenas with #50).

We took McCkuster with #36.

To me that makes the question more interesting!

(Poll Coming soon)

Jesus fuck!? Why would we want Gerhardt? McCluster was a far better choice.

I still feel like what I said was right, so thanks for the neg rep fuck face.

Ming the Merciless
12-27-2010, 04:30 PM

O Rly?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8864/rustshackfamily.jpg

Wyndex
12-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I wish we would have taken someone else over Arenas

He just has not been the return man I anticipated him to be and has only been decent in pass defense

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2010, 04:41 PM

He just has not been the return man I anticipated him to be and has only been decent in pass defense

As a punt returner, he's been solid. On defense, he's been outstanding in the Nickel.

I agree it was a bit of a reach. But he's living up to the things he was asked to do.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM

wut? Arenas has been a great pick.

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM

He just has not been the return man I anticipated him to be and has only been decent in pass defense:rolleyes:

Ming the Merciless
12-27-2010, 04:49 PM
wut? Arenas has been a great pick.

Also dex was a more costly pick in that it was a higher pick and more quality players were still on the big board.

Arenas doesn't bug me as a pick at all.....

Bowser
12-27-2010, 04:50 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNsrK6P9QvI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNsrK6P9QvI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Demonpenz
12-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Mcluster has been a dissapointment to everyone, but it is too early to give up on him

Pasta Little Brioni
12-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Don't forget that Arenas has been very solid at blitzing as expected.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Arenas has been the better pick over McCluster so far

The blocking for our kick/punt returns so far has been absolute crap. Arenas toughness has gotten a few yards anyway. Arenas is also starting to show up as a nickle corner.

McCluster has shown very little outside of the td kick return in the 1st game of the season. When he does finally get a head of steam up in the kicking game he almost gets killed by running straight into the nearest 280lb defender.

He finally made someone missed yesterday against the titans and that's supposed to be his specialty. He actually ran a regular WR route and made a catch yesterday too. He's a rookie but still .... hasn't done much considering he was drafted ahead of several 1st rd talent level guys who slid into the 2nd rd because of the great depth in the draft.

WV
12-27-2010, 05:11 PM
They both will do about the same.....McCluster isn't able to handle a ton of touches and Gerhart isn't an every down back IMO, so I think they'll be just about equal. McCluster is far more explosive, but so is his body and that will forever hold back his true potential IMO.

RealSNR
12-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Fuck.

White.

Running.

Backs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Picking Gerhardt makes no sense it light of Charles/Jones.

McCluster.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Undersized, backup, gadget WR's shouldn't be drafted in the second round./CP

FYP.

Ming the Merciless
08-18-2011, 03:10 PM

Oh rly? Thx for the "insight" bro.

http://wcatnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/retard-1.jpg

RealSNR
08-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I was right about Toby Gerhardt

Ming the Merciless
12-31-2011, 10:24 PM
BOTH will be playing COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSITIONS. How often will Gerhardt be catching passes in the slot?

LOL how often was Dexter doing that???

Bump
01-01-2012, 12:10 AM

wow, this dude went on a rage about how great DMC was going to be as a WR and calling everyone names in the process. What a dumbshit, lol.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Toby had a 67 yard run this year.

I'm willing to bet McBuster NEVER has a 50-yard run in the NFL.

Hell, Toby averaged more yards per reception. LOL

Hammock Parties
01-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Toby Gerhardt:

218 career touches, 5 TD, 3 fumbles

Dexter McBuster:

253 career touches, 3 TD, 6 fumbles

Ming the Merciless
01-01-2012, 03:10 AM
You are an idiot. Your opening thread says you realize they are different types of BACKS! McCluster won't be a back, he will be a WR who may occasionally line up as a RB or QB. You dumb ****!

herp derp

Ming the Merciless
01-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Hes to small to play RB in the NFL. Hes smaller than Charles. Like usual, this doucher has now idea what hes talking about and has never watched either player play.

herka derka

Ming the Merciless
01-01-2012, 03:14 AM

herp derp

Ming the Merciless
08-13-2014, 04:44 PM
SO, looks like Toby is getting paid 10 million bucks to replace MJD over in JAX...

Lets take a look at their stats so far (pre 2014) after 4 seasons

McCluster

58 Games Played - 172 Receptions for 1500 yards (8.7 Avg)& 5 TD, 152 rushes for 662 yards (4.3/A) & 1 TD, 10 fumbles, 2162 total yards from scrimmage

ALso about 1000 punt return yards (3tds) and 1000 kickoff return yards (12 yards per P and 20 yards per KR)

Toby Gerhart

61 games, 276 Rushes for 1300 yards (4.7/A) with 5 TD, 77 receptions for 600 yds (7.8 Y/R) with 3 tds, 7 fumbles

7 KR for a buck

-----------------------------------------------------
So, now that Toby is with Jax and McBusta is with Tenn...the battle rages on and this question looms large in all of our minds...

What will happen this season?

What say you?

Ming the Merciless
08-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Jesus ****!? Why would we want Gerhardt? McCluster was a far better choice.

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
08-13-2014, 04:48 PM
I predict a naked pawn in Toby's bed by the end of training camp

Ming the Merciless
08-13-2014, 04:53 PM
They both will do about the same.....McCluster isn't able to handle a ton of touches and Gerhart isn't an every down back IMO, so I think they'll be just about equal. McCluster is far more explosive, but so is his body and that will forever hold back his true potential IMO.

so far this is about the best post ive seen....(stats up to 2013)

But things might change in next couple seasons...

Canofbier
08-13-2014, 04:58 PM
SO, looks like Toby is getting paid 10 million bucks to replace MJD over in JAX...

McCluster

58 Games Played - 172 Receptions for 1500 yards (8.7 Avg)& 5 TD, 152 rushes for 662 yards (4.3/A) & 1 TD, 10 fumbles, 2162 total yards from scrimmage

ALso about 1000 punt return yards (3tds) and 1000 kickoff return yards (12 yards per P and 20 yards per KR)

Toby Gerhart

61 games, 276 Rushes for 1300 yards (4.7/A) with 5 TD, 77 receptions for 600 yds (7.8 Y/R) with 3 tds, 7 fumbles

7 KR for a buck

So, now that Toby is with Jax and McBusta is with Tenn...the battle rages on and this question looms large in all of our minds...

What say you?

McCluster is a role-player to be sure, but so too is Gerhart (to this point). I'd be surprised to see the latter replicate his success in Jacksonville.

MahiMike
08-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Gerhart will get almost as many carries as Adrian Peterson but I don't expect much more than 3 yards per carry.

Ming the Merciless
08-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Gerhart will get almost as many carries as Adrian Peterson but I don't expect much more than 3 yards per carry.

Well he averages a healthy 4.7 over 4 seasons.....

It would seem he should be able to at least break 4

Marcellus
08-13-2014, 06:01 PM

McCluster

Toby Gerhart

7 KR for a buck

What say you?

You are going to lose this. Gerhart is basically a FB.

Marcellus
08-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Well he averages a healthy 4.7 over 4 seasons.....

It would seem he should be able to at least break 4

65 carries a season after AP wore em down.

Easy 6
08-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Having some hindsight to look at this with, the answer is Dex... he's far more versatile.

He didnt make All-Pro for nothing... his peers, not the fans, voted him that.

Gerhardts a tank who seems to be getting better with age, but he isnt as valuable or versatile.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Versatile my ass. He's a shit offensive player. You aren't versatile when you're that.

Easy 6
08-13-2014, 07:09 PM
All Pro > count zarth

Gerhardt at his dreaming best is an Alstott impersonator, if thats your football opinion then yeah, well...

Gadzooks
08-13-2014, 07:59 PM
All Pro > count zarth

Gerhardt at his dreaming best is an Alstott impersonator, if thats your football opinion then yeah, well...

I think you guy's fixed the Pro Bowl. Just waiting for the evidence to come out...