PDA

View Full Version : Football Ratface gave Campbell to Oakland for FREE...

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Its a conditional pick - Raiders have to make the playoffs or Jason Campbell has to make the ProBowl before Oakland would have to give up the pick.

ESPN John Clayton: For years the Oakland Raiders have been rightfully criticized for reaching for speedy players who can't produce on the field. Al Davis got it right this year. He added to a solid draft by picking up Campbell for a conditional fourth-round pick, whose conditions appear to be unachievable. For the Redskins to get that fourth-round pick, the Raiders would either have to make the playoffs or Campbell would have to go to the Pro Bowl. Odds of that are about as good as JaMarcus Russell being on the Raiders' roster this fall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5132435

DJ's left nut
04-26-2010, 03:57 PM
{sigh}

We gave up the 34th overall pick for Matt Cassel.

!@#$ me.

jspchief
04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
breaking news, the rat is dirty.

I wouldn't expect anything less than underhanded moves to try and get revenge on Denver.

Bane
04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
{sigh}

!@#$ me.

This X a number that doesn't even exist!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

orange
04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
breaking news, the rat is dirty.

I wouldn't expect anything less than underhanded moves to try and get revenge on Denver.

Because he loves Al Davis, right?

It sounds more like sabotaging the Raiders.

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
{sigh}

!@#$ me.

SERENITY NOW!

DJ's left nut
04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
SERENITY NOW!

There's a good chance I flipped a breaker when the Arenas pick was announced.

Total apathy took over. I didn't pay attention to the Saturday segment, I didn't even know we took a TE until significantly later.

I don't even have the heart to look into these folks too far beyond knowing that we evidently traded our top 5th rounder to draft a guy that misses approximately 1/2 the games he is eligible for in the Big 10...which wasn't exactly as fast of physically demanding as the NFL when I last checked.

Rather than melt down, I think the breaker blew.

FlaChief58
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
The rat is just making sure that Al Davis makes another :hump:'d up move in a futile attempt to "restore glory to the faider nation" Ratboy is'nt stupid, he knows Campbell should be a back-up. ( of course that's better than Jabrony) I am not really concerned, it'll be the same ol same ol this year, plus they have a long way to go before they're any good. 4-12 is my prediction for them. 8-8 for the :arrow:

Valiant
04-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Because he loves Al Davis, right?

It sounds more like sabotaging the Raiders.

I think Campbell is a good QB and still has tons of upside.. The only thing that has been holding him back is coaching and front office, which hopefully still happens at Oakland(I know it will; Cable and Al).. If he ever went to a team that was at least average I think he would be a great player for them..

Bwana
04-26-2010, 04:22 PM
As well he should, have because Campbell sucks. The dude is Russell 2.0 without the cap hit.

kcchiefsus
04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
So are we supposed to be really worried about Campbell or something? Sure, he's better than Russell. But IMO he's nothing more than a game manager. Despite having a top 10 defense the Redskins still managed only 4 wins. So he's going to do so much better in Oakland with the 26th ranked defense? I'm sure Oakland will improve a little with the addition of McClain and Houston but they will still likely be in the bottom half of the league.

I just don't get all of this Oakland love and the belief that they have SOOO much talent and simply haven't put the right pieces together.

DJ's left nut
04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
So are we supposed to be really worried about Campbell or something? Sure, he's better than Russell. But IMO he's nothing more than a game manager. Despite having a top 10 defense the Redskins still managed only 4 wins. So he's going to do so much better in Oakland with the 26th ranked defense? I'm sure Oakland will improve a little with the addition of McClain and Houston but they will still likely be in the bottom half of the league.

I just don't get all of this Oakland love and the belief that they have SOOO much talent and simply haven't put the right pieces together.

No, he's not a franchise QB.

With the right system and some solid talent around him, he's a guy that takes a team to a playoff berth and maybe a win, but little else.

No, we're not worried about the Raiders winning a SB with Jason Campbell at the helm. What we're worried about is the fact that the Raiders got their mediocre game manager for significantly less than we did. Oh, and the fact that their mediocre game manager actually qualifies as mediocre, rather than a steaming pile of shit. Which would again distinguish him from Matt Cassel.

Nope, the Raiders aren't great. They're making moves that are average to slightly above average.

But those moves are a damn sight better than the ones Pioli is making.

That's what you're supposed to be "really worried about".

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
So he's going to do so much better in Oakland with the 26th ranked defense?

Looking through my homer glasses I see that some of our defensive problems were due to the fact that Jabbacus couldn't make a freakin 1st down if a cheeseburger depended on it. He'd miss a simple dump off, throw it to a defender or get the ball batted out of his hands. The defense often hardly got a chance to take their helmets off on the sidelines before they had to trot back out on the field. A mediocre game manager would at least give the D a break every now & then....

penchief
04-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't even have the heart to look into these folks too far beyond knowing that we evidently traded our top 5th rounder to draft a guy that misses approximately 1/2 the games he is eligible for in the Big 10...which wasn't exactly as fast of physically demanding as the NFL when I last checked.

It was the lowest of the three fifth round picks.

DJ's left nut
04-26-2010, 05:11 PM
It was the lowest of the three fifth round picks.

Well that's a relief.

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Well that's a relief.

LMAO

ClevelandBronco
04-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Given Shanny's history with Al, this doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
There's a good chance I flipped a breaker when the Arenas pick was announced.

Total apathy took over. I didn't pay attention to the Saturday segment, I didn't even know we took a TE until significantly later.

Rather than melt down, I think the breaker blew.

The good news is it was our last fifth round pick.:D

Marcellus
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
No, he's not a franchise QB.

With the right system and some solid talent around him, he's a guy that takes a team to a playoff berth and maybe a win, but little else.

No, we're not worried about the Raiders winning a SB with Jason Campbell at the helm. What we're worried about is the fact that the Raiders got their mediocre game manager for significantly less than we did. Oh, and the fact that their mediocre game manager actually qualifies as mediocre, rather than a steaming pile of shit. Which would again distinguish him from Matt Cassel.

Nope, the Raiders aren't great. They're making moves that are average to slightly above average.

But those moves are a damn sight better than the ones Pioli is making.

That's what you're supposed to be "really worried about".

Reset that breaker did ya?

orange
04-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Given Shanny's history with Al, this doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.

I think it shows that one or the other of them isn't calling the shots anymore.

RNR
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM

I have said several times this year that Al must have died and per his will it has not been released to the press. Things are strange in Oakland as the moves this off season seem well thought out and solid. As crazy as it sounds I think the west is wide open this year. I think the Chargers are the best of a bad lot but I would be less that shocked if they slip. I also think the Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos have a legit shot at the AFC West crown and maybe Shanny ain't as crazy as some think. The Raiders might sneak in to the playoffs one and done and he gets his pick.

ClevelandBronco
04-26-2010, 07:18 PM

Probably right, and I would guess that it would have to be Shanny who doesn't have the power. I doubt he'd do the Raiders any favors as long as Davis is alive whether the Crypt Keeper is calling the shots or not. I don't think Shanahan would want to give Al a reason to smile even if he was on his death bed.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2010, 07:24 PM
one last assfuck from the rat to the AFC West

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I keep seeing this stuff but don't know the folks doing the rumoring... Bleacher Report:

FURTHER UPDATES

Terrell Owens and the Oakland Raiders are currently negotiating on a contract. TO wants to play for the Raiders and there is mutual interest on both sides. His agent is an arse though. It’s going to come down to $$$, but if Mr. Davis wants him, TO will sign a contract to wear the silver and black. I’m sure this story will develop in the near future…….

Alan Faneca is in the final stages of negotiations with the Oakland Raiders. Faneca has been offered more money by the Raiders than what the Houston Texans were willing to pay for his services. Faneca reportedly “likes what we are doing” as an organization and is expected to put pen to paper officially within the next few days.
by Spirals galore on Apr 26, 2010 7:05 AM PDT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/384747-nfl-beware-the-autumn-wind-is-starting-to-blow-again

boogblaster
04-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Campbell sucks ... enough said ....

Mr. Laz
04-26-2010, 07:46 PM
I keep seeing this stuff but don't know the folks doing the rumoring... Bleacher Report:

FURTHER UPDATES

Terrell Owens and the Oakland Raiders are currently negotiating on a contract. TO wants to play for the Raiders and there is mutual interest on both sides. His agent is an arse though. It’s going to come down to $$$, but if Mr. Davis wants him, TO will sign a contract to wear the silver and black. I’m sure this story will develop in the near future…….

Alan Faneca is in the final stages of negotiations with the Oakland Raiders. Faneca has been offered more money by the Raiders than what the Houston Texans were willing to pay for his services. Faneca reportedly “likes what we are doing” as an organization and is expected to put pen to paper officially within the next few days.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/384747-nfl-beware-the-autumn-wind-is-starting-to-blow-againTO wants to play for anyone that will pay him like a starter.

so far, no takers

notorious
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
SERENITY NOW!

SERENITY NOW!

Insanity Later..........

LMAO

RNR
04-26-2010, 08:04 PM

FURTHER UPDATES

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/384747-nfl-beware-the-autumn-wind-is-starting-to-blow-again

Duck nobody here wants to admit it but Oakland is having as good as off season as I have seen in years~

Ugly Duck
04-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Campbell sucks ... enough said ....

Yeah... but what has the Nation all giddy is that he only sucks! That's one heckuva monster improvement!

OnTheWarpath15
04-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Duck nobody here wants to admit it but Oakland is having as good as off season as I have seen in years~

I have no problem admitting it, and several other people have said the same thing.

You guys had a damn solid weekend.