PDA

View Full Version : Weiss told Fox to take Clausen

Chiefnj2
04-27-2010, 10:27 AM
It's water under the bridge, but interesting nonetheless:

In doing pre-draft research, not that he thought he'd have a chance to get Clausen, Fox talked to Charlie Weis, his good friend and the former Irish coach. Weis and Fox are close. Fox is sure Weis wouldn't lie to him. "Charlie said he's probably the best he's ever had,'' Fox said. "He said, 'Take this guy. Trust me.' Everyone I talked to, including a couple of people at Notre Dame, said the character issue was b.s. So we picked him.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/25/draft/1.html#ixzz0mJoaVIf1
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 10:30 AM
But he's a douchebag and will never amount to shit! /CP

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 10:32 AM
God these Notre Dame players are fucking assholes.

"We talked after we got picked,'' Golden Tate said. "And the one thing we both agreed on is that it's a lot more important where you go than how high you go.''

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 10:34 AM
And people will still believe that Weis didn't want him, and that Pioli really does listen to his coaching staff.

Fuck it.

Good luck to the kid. He landed in a pretty good situation. The only real concern is the possibility of a coaching change next year.

Fish
04-27-2010, 10:36 AM
It's going to be painful watching Jimmy have success for the Panthers... but ehh... it's in the past....

Hooray Matt Cassel.....

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
And people will still believe that Weis didn't want him, and that Pioli really does listen to his coaching staff.

Fuck it.

Good luck to the kid. He landed in a pretty good situation. The only real concern is the possibility of a coaching change next year.

I don't think a coaching change will affect Clausen that much. He's not high priced and won't cost the new regime anything to keep around.

CoMoChief
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
God these Notre Dame players are ****ing assholes.

No it shows they would rather end up in a good place where they can win as opposed to going to some shitty ass organization and spending half of your short lived NFL career losing.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 10:38 AM
No it shows they would rather end up in a good place where they can win as opposed to going to some shitty ass organization and spending half of your short lived NFL career losing.

Dude, jiggle the batteries in your sarcasm meter.

That's exactly his point.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2010, 10:40 AM

Bull. It's a consolation prize after falling out of the big bucks in the first round.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 10:41 AM
What's going to be really fun is comparing Cassel and Clausen for the next 4-5 years.

Oh and I'm sure now someone will tell me to go become a Panther's fan.....

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 10:45 AM
What's going to be really fun is comparing Cassel and Clausen for the next 4-5 years.

Don't forget Sanchez too, just watch when Cassel fails this season Weis will be so frustrated because it will be his "his" pick for the QB crop this year when he could've had his boy.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 10:47 AM
and if Colt McCoy ends up being a franchise QB we can all talk about how we passed on him, too...

Just like when we passed on Tom Brady in 2000...

I swear to God...he was #1 on my big board that year...had him pegged as a HOF'er!

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
and if Colt McCoy ends up being a franchise QB we can all talk about how we passed on him, too...

Just like when we passed on Tom Brady in 2000...

I swear to God...he was #1 on my big board that year...had him pegged as a HOF'er!

:rolleyes:

And Hootie comes in with his normal assinine comments.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Hootie before the draft:

Eric Berry and Jimmy Clausen would be 100% win!

Hootie after the draft:

McCluster is Wes Welker and Arenas is Devin Hester! Clausen is a bust!

Hootie
04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
just like Sanchez last year...

It's time to get the fuck over it!

Holy shit you guys are fucking babies...like seriously.

It's sickening.

I promise...we're not going to spend 1st and 2nd round picks on QB's every year. It's not going to happen.

GET
OVER
IT

fuck!

Hootie
04-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Hootie before the draft:

Eric Berry and Jimmy Clausen would be 100% win!

Hootie after the draft:

McCluster is Wes Welker and Arenas is Devin Hester! Clausen is a bust!

I never said Clausen is going to be a bust. I hope everything works out for the guy...

I was also resigned to the fact that if we didn't take Clausen, we didn't want Clausen...

As a fan...and a fan of the big bang picks like Clausen...I certainly wanted to hear his name at #36...

When it didn't happen, it became quite clear to me we NEVER wanted him.

and you know what?

I GOT OVER IT...

and now I'm excited to see what McCluster and Arenas (and the others) will bring to this team...

Brock
04-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I never said Clausen is going to be a bust. I hope everything works out for the guy...

I was also resigned to the fact that if we didn't take Clausen, we didn't want Clausen...

As a fan...and a fan of the big bang picks like Clausen...I certainly wanted to hear his name at #36...

and you know what?

I GOT OVER IT...

and now I'm excited to see what McCluster and Arenas (and the others) will bring to this team...

Agree with all of that.

Hootie
and you guys are so dumb to think Charlie Weis is going to throw his guy under the bus...

You really think he's going to say to John Fox..."man, don't take him...he's this, this and this!"

That would never happen in a million years...he might have told Scott Pioli 10 things that he'd never tell anyone else about the kid...

Even after he got fired...it was still his job to get his players into the NFL...that doesn't mean he wants them on the Chiefs...

Everyone was on the same page about Clausen being passed at 36...a lot of people, myself included, said if we passed on him it was clear that we didn't know something that everyone else seems to know...

He was passed on 47 times...

Clearly he wasn't the prospect we thought he was...and clearly the people who "study" the draft on this site don't really study anything...they just cherrypick their fucking information like I've been saying for years.

I bet OTWP watched maybe two Ole Miss games last year...tops. TOPS.

The Franchise
I happen to be a Notre Dame fan.....so I'm going to watch Clausen's career.

And I'll bring it up because we happened to have a chance at drafting him...and we didn't.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I happen to be a Notre Dame fan.....so I'm going to watch Clausen's career.

And I'll bring it up because we happened to have a chance at drafting him...and we didn't.

and we had a chance to draft anyone from pick 6 on...

so as a fantasy football fan...every time Jahvid Best scores a TD for the Lions, I'm going to bring it up...because we had a chance at drafting him.

Same goes with every other player that amounts to something in the NFL after pick 36...

!!!

SAME GOES FOR ALL OF THOSE UDFA WE PASSED ON!

HOW DID WE PASS ON SOME OF THOSE GUYS!!

THAT'S CRAZY!

WHAT WERE WE THINKING!

GOD DAMN! WHY? WHY?

Chiefnj2
04-27-2010, 11:02 AM

As a fan of a team that has been one of the worst teams in the league the last 5 years, I'm interested in knowing who the "we" is who didn't want Clausen in the 2nd round. It doesn't appear that the OC falls into the "we".

I am personally interested in knowing why a GM and coach who constantly talk about the benefits of competition at every position, haven't brought in any competition at the QB spot.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:02 AM
we could have had:

Berry
Kindle
Cody
Cam Thomas
Another NT
Anthony McCoy
Tony Washington

and...like...probably somebody else who smokes too much weed or fucks their sister too many times!

what were we thinking!

Team captains! FUCK YOU PIOLI!

WE WANT SISTER FUCKERS!

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:04 AM
As a fan of a team that has been one of the worst teams in the league the last 5 years, I'm interested in knowing who the "we" is who didn't want Clausen in the 2nd round. It doesn't appear that the OC falls into the "we".

I am personally interested in knowing why a GM and coach who constantly talk about the benefits of competition at every position, haven't brought in any competition at the QB spot.

well clearly they think higher of Cassel, than they do of Clausen...

time for everyone to get over it...

or are we going to have a bunch of ROR's running around making ridiculous bets and becoming diehard Panther fans this year?

Because if so...

:cuss:

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm just shocked to see who showed up to troll the this thread.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm just shocked to see who showed up to troll the this thread.

I'm shocked to see who's in here sulking!

Wow...

Every thread has its constants!

Surprise, surprise!

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:06 AM
we lost this draft as soon as we didn't sign Tony Washington as a UDFA!

That's some bullshit right there...

What were we thinking! I just can't believe we could pass up on a talent like that...fuck this character bullshit! WE NEED GUYS WHO CAN PLAY!

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 11:06 AM
and we had a chance to draft anyone from pick 6 on...

so as a fantasy football fan...every time Jahvid Best scores a TD for the Lions, I'm going to bring it up...because we had a chance at drafting him.

Same goes with every other player that amounts to something in the NFL after pick 36...

!!!

SAME GOES FOR ALL OF THOSE UDFA WE PASSED ON!

HOW DID WE PASS ON SOME OF THOSE GUYS!!

THAT'S CRAZY!

WHAT WERE WE THINKING!

GOD DAMN! WHY? WHY?

Because that's what I said.......you fucking dipshit.

I'm a Notre Dame fan. If you're a Cal fan and you want to follow Jahvid Best....then go ahead.

I'll follow Jimmy Clausen's career....just like I'll follow Sam Young, Golden Tate and Eric Olsen.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:07 AM
you're going to follow Eric Olsen's career?

Have fun with that one LOL

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm going to follow Juice Williams' career as a WR...

If he develops and we passed on him...

I'll never forgive Scott Pioli.

Strikes 1, 2, 3 and 4!

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
you're going to follow Eric Olsen's career?

Have fun with that one LOL

Yeah....just like I follow Ryan Harris's career.

Do you even follow college football?

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:09 AM
lets put it this way...

if Juice becomes a dominant NFL receiver...passing on him was worse than drafting Tyson Jackson #3 overall.

I will never get over it.

Ever.

Juice > Calvin Johnson

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm shocked to see who's in here sulking!

Wow...

Every thread has its constants!

Surprise, surprise!

Sulking?

Find a post from this past weekend where I said I was pissed we passed on Clausen.

I've been "over it" since we passed on him at 36. I knew at that point that Weis had been overruled.

If you had any reading comprehension skills whatsoever, you'd see that my complaint is that we passed on guys, mainly at ILB and OLB that would have helped the TEAM more than a part time scat back.

But don't let facts get in the way. You never have before, why start now?

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah....just like I follow Ryan Harris's career.

Do you even follow college football?

I love watching inferior talent run gimmick offenses and destroy teams 70-3 every week!

College football rules!

I'd rather gauge my eyes out with a spork than follow anything college football...

Does that discredit my opinion?

I do the same thing all of you do...sure, I can respect someone like Mecca when he talks about USC because he probably watches 75% of their games...

But I do not respect their opinions about every single prospect that becomes draft eligible because it is literally impossible to keep track unless you are paid to do so professionally...

There is no way Mecca watches Maryland Terapin games...or Illinois Fighting Illini games...or Minnesota Golden Gopher games...

You can watch almost every NFL game if you want...and keep track of every player if you want...

You can't even come CLOSE to doing that in college football...which makes it a boring fucking sport to follow...especially since you get to watch your "favorite players" play for a year or two, three if you're lucky and then they are gone...and if your team sucks for more than three years the coach is gone...and if they don't bring in a good coach then the program goes to complete shit and then you just become a USC fan like Mecca probably did when he was a kid and used to cheer for Florida State...

Almost guarantee you he was a Florida or Florida State fan when he was a kid...just like every other kid in the fucking world in our generation...or maybe a Miami fan...he grew up a few years before me when the U was still going strong.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:15 AM
I knew at that point that Weis had been overruled.

ROFLROFLROFL

Nice. I see what you did there!

That's rich.

How do you know Weis didn't say..."Scott, I was with this kid for three years...he doesn't have it...I love him and all...but he's not our answer. We shouldn't even have him on our draft board!"

That's as likely...100% as likely...as assuming Weis got overruled.

boogblaster
May the bird of feetball fly over and drop a loaf ...

The Franchise
Dude....you are so far on Mecca's nuts.....it's not even funny.

penchief
Again, more hearsay and speculation. What do you expect Fox to say? He's going to justify his picks just like every other team will do. And what did you expect Weis to say? Jimmy sucks? What Weis may or may not have told Fox about Clausen has no bearing on the dynamic between Weis and Pioli.

I wish people would quit looking for reasons to cast aspersions about stuff they have little or no true knowledge about. There is a reason Clausen lasted until the 48th pick in the draft. And it isn't because the chiefs didn't pick him at five. He may prove to be a good starter in this league but he got drafted where he did because that was his perceived value at the time of the draft.

Look at this way. If it was so obvious that Clausen was a franchise quarterback why did Fox even have to confer with Weis before taking him? And what exactly did Weis mean when he said "he was the best I ever had?" Was he better than Brady? If he said that to Fox he was clearly blowing smoke up his ass. If he meant that he was better than Quinn, well, that's not saying much.

Not to mention this is supposed to have taken place before the draft which means that every team is blowing smoke because they don't want to tip their hand.

Some people will latch on to anything to keep beating a dead horse. This just sounds like more bullshit to me.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:19 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Nice. I see what you did there!

That's rich.

How do you know Weis didn't say..."Scott, I was with this kid for three years...he doesn't have it...I love him and all...but he's not our answer. We shouldn't even have him on our draft board!"

That's as likely...100% as likely...as assuming Weis got overruled.

Did you read the article posted? I'm guessing not.

You really think that Charlie Weis is going to purposefully give a colleague bad information?

There was a post a few days ago that talked about how much these guys share info and help other teams. I specifically remember someone responding to it by saying they were shocked that so much information is shared between teams.

What will you change the subject to this time?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Again, more hearsay and speculation. What do you expect Fox to say? He's going to justify his picks just like every other team will do. And what did you expect Weis to say? Jimmy sucks? What Weis may or may not have told Fox about Clausen has no bearing on the dynamic between Weis and Pioli.

I wish people would quit looking for reasons to cast aspersions about stuff they have little or no true knowledge about. There is a reason Clausen lasted until the 48th pick in the draft. And it isn't because the chiefs didn't pick him at five. He may prove to be a good starter in this league but he got drafted where he did because that was his perceived value at the time of the draft.

Look at this way. If it was so obvious that Clausen was a franchise quarterback why did Fox even have to confer with Weis before taking him? And what exactly did Weis mean when he said "he was the best I ever had?" Was he better than Brady? If he said that to Fox he was clearly blowing smoke up his ass. If he meant that he was better than Quinn, well, that's not saying much.

This just sounds like more bullshit to me.

Except for the fact that Chris Mortensen reported the fact that Weis personally signed off on Clausen to the Panters' OC immediately after they drafted him on ESPN on Friday.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:20 AM
It's true...

Every fucking person I grew up with in Champaign, IL (home of the Fighting Illini) don't give two shits about anything Illinois football other than the Saturday morning tailgates...you can buy season tickets for $64...not a piece...for an entire season.

No one gives a shit...everyone is either a USC fan, a Miami fan, a Florida fan, etc. etc. etc.

Same thing happened with Illinois basketball...

10 years ago with Kruger, everyone loved Illinois...5 years ago with Self, same...the year we went to the National Title game...OMG...Illinois rules!

Now that they fucking suck again...

No one gives a shit.

No one.

That's why college sports are clearly inferior to professional sports...

My biggest college sports friend is a fan of Duke, Miami, and Tim Tebow.

Are you fucking kidding me?

That shit drives me up a wall...

and why would I invest emotionally in college sports when everyone is like this?

People in Kansas are only KU fans because they are good every year...

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Dude....you are so far on Mecca's nuts.....it's not even funny.

what does that even mean?

How am I on his nuts?

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Did you read the article posted? I'm guessing not.

You really think that Charlie Weis is going to purposefully give a colleague bad information?

There was a post a few days ago that talked about how much these guys share info and help other teams. I specifically remember someone responding to it by saying they were shocked that so much information is shared between teams.

What will you change the subject to this time?

ROFL

I can't believe you can try to justify this...

Charlie Weis isn't going to throw his college QB under the bus...

He's a paid employee of the Kansas City Chiefs and has a relationship with Todd Haley and Scott Pioli that goes WAY back...

There is a reason why Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen aren't Chiefs...period.

Both could have been Chiefs, and both aren't...

You Pioli critics can go ahead and use this to push your anti-Pioli agenda further...but if you had some common sense, you would figure it out.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Except for the fact that Chris Mortensen reported the fact that Weis personally signed off on Clausen to the Panters' OC immediately after they drafted him on ESPN on Friday.

is that the same guy who cited Jack Harry and Nick Athan when Shanahan's deal was done?

Just curious...

Checking my facts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
You can cite Harry and Athan and their info can be wrong.

I don't think the Panthers' OC is going to lie about talking to Charlie Weis, especially given that he worked with Weis in New England, you dumb fuck.

penchief
04-27-2010, 11:29 AM

So that proves exactly what? That Weis was not going say something negative about Clausen to the panthers after they drafted him? What would the point have been?

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:30 AM

I don't think the Panthers' OC is going to lie about talking to Charlie Weis, especially given that he worked with Weis in New England, you dumb ****.

So Bill Belichick has a pretty high opinion of Weis, no?

Belichick has a pretty high opinion of Pioli, no?

You really think of Weis was telling Pioli that he knew, 100%, Clausen was going to be as good as Tom Brady...that Pioli wouldn't have said, "ok, fine...we'll take him!"

You're an idiot.

A FUCKING COLOSSAL IDIOT.

He was passed on...

FORTY-SEVEN TIMES

Clearly...

CLEARLY

The NFL does not project him to be a franchise QB...

What else do you need? Tim Tebow was taken ahead of him...he went 48th overall and no one even traded up to get him...they let him fall to the Panthers...

NO ONE wanted him.

Done.

Case closed.

STFU

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah because the Tebow selection is being highly praised by everyone around the world.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/sports/football/26nfl.html

In the N.F.L.’s version of phone-a-friend, the calls start on Monday, coach to coach, player to player, trolling for the subtleties of a game plan — a code word here, a tendency there — that only a trusted colleague would share. It is the sort of conversation Brett Favre had with the former Detroit Lions president Matt Millen a few weeks ago, one that began with hunting talk, only to turn — as Favre suspected it would — into a fishing expedition for information about his old team.
Skip to next paragraph

Favre’s chat with Millen, depending on which version one believes, might have been brief and cursory or lengthy and detailed. But more than anything, it was entirely common and wholly within the rules. The controversy in which Favre found himself last week — had he turned on the Green Bay Packers by telling Millen what he remembered about how they had attacked the Lions in previous games? — was met largely with a shrug from around the N.F.L. But it pulled back the curtain on a widely practiced slice of the football culture that does not just accept the casual trading of information, but encourages it.

“Every team that you play against, your friends who play for other teams are like: ‘Hey, tell me about this. Tell me about that. This defense, how does it run its scheme? Do they tip it?’ ” Washington Redskins running back Shaun Alexander said. “That’s what happens. It’s like advance scouting. You do the best scouting through your friends.”

It may seem incongruous that in the most paranoid of sports, where coaches cover their mouths to thwart those trying to lip-read their plays and security personnel sweep hotel rooms to check for an opponent’s forgotten playbook, sharing of trade secrets is embraced. What set Favre’s chat apart is that he did not tell his new team, the Jets, inside information about the Packers — that is practically a daily occurrence in the N.F.L. — but instead told a division rival of the Packers, giving the exchange a whiff of betrayal by the quarterback scorned. But the N.F.L. is an exclusive fraternity, and even if there were an outcry to stop sharing it would take a ban on conversations between close friends to halt the practice.

“There’s no way to regulate it,” said Charley Casserly, a former Redskins and Houston Texans general manager.

One look at the playing field in the hours before kickoff — when players and coaches from both teams mingle as they warm up — reveals the close ties that form the underpinnings of the N.F.L. Players who went to high school or college together catch up, although some do that the night before the game, when they may go out to dinner together. Coaches who may have been colleagues on the same staff early in their careers trade war stories. Even scouts, seeking confirmation of their player evaluations, check in with their peers as preparations for the draft begin.

“I probably knew coaches and scouts on every one of the 32 teams,” said Steve Mariucci, the former San Francisco and Detroit coach who is now an analyst for the NFL Network. “You can’t keep your head in the sand and assume your team knows everything there is to know. Communicating with your friends is not only accepted, it’s necessary. Asking a question — what did you think about so-and-so, what about their plan against you? — those conversations can occur. No harm, no foul. It’s commonplace.”

But what makes the sharing of information all but inevitable is how often players and coaches switch teams. Coaches frequently call former colleagues during the season, and if their old friend just happened to have faced a future foe, so much the better. And if a friend coaches a team that is about to play a division rival, he will pour out the details.

Coaches will also call their counterparts on other teams on Monday, asking for tips about their next opponents.

The coaching job interview is also a preferred time for a team to glean information about what strategies the candidate’s former team used, or even how it ran practice. It would be impossible to gauge the worthiness of the candidate for the job without hearing what he did in his earlier position. But if a team interviews six candidates for a coordinator position, it also gathers fresh intelligence on six potential foes. Occasionally, coaches say, it seems that is the only reason for the job interview — something that Al Davis, the owner of the Oakland Raiders, has been accused of.

The tactics are even less subtle when players switch teams. They turn in their playbooks before leaving their old team, but their memories are not expunged. That is why players who have recently been cut by one team will be quickly snapped up by another, particularly if those teams are facing each other soon — a tactic elevated to an art form by the Jets and the New England Patriots, who regularly bring in each other’s castoffs for debriefings. When Casserly, now an analyst for CBS, was with the Redskins, the Giants picked up a player who had been a Redskins backup, he said.

“He’s got all our signals, and he’s giving them to the Giants,” Casserly said. “Our coaches were furious. ‘How can you do this?’ He’s getting paid by them, that’s how you can do it.”

The former N.F.L. player Marcellus Wiley, now an ESPN analyst, said that he was on a team that acquired a player who had been with the Colts. The player was asked what certain words in the Colts’ signals meant.

“You try to pick up on cues, that’s about as good as it gets,” Wiley said.

Wiley touched on a fundamental truth of the sharing: it might not provide much advantage beyond psychological comfort to players and coaches looking for reassurance that their peers see things the same way they do. Earlier this season, the Jets asked linebacker Calvin Pace for tips on the Arizona Cardinals, his former team. Pace volunteered that safety Adrian Wilson blitzes a lot and plays close to the line to assist in run defense. It was nothing that could not be seen in the most rudimentary film study. And Wilson did not play.

Still, the extra reconnaissance sometimes pays off. One broadcaster said he was told that before the Baltimore Ravens played the Cincinnati Bengals in their season opener, the Ravens asked offensive lineman Willie Anderson — who signed with Baltimore days after the Bengals cut him at the end of the preseason after 12 seasons — why the Bengals had so much success blocking the Ravens’ blitz. Anderson gave the Ravens’ defense the Bengals’ offensive line calls. The Bengals had not changed them. The Ravens were so effective that Bengals receiver Chad Ocho Cinco actually praised the blitz-oriented defense after the game.

“Is Baltimore the bad guy?” the broadcaster said rhetorically. “Is Willie Anderson the bad guy?”

No more than Favre was, it seems. When asked to conjure a situation that would cross the line into the unethical, Casserly had to pause and think.

“What would be wrong would be with the Jets playing Kansas City, if the Jets’ coaches called a Kansas City coach and said, ‘Give me your game plan, give me your audibles,’ ” Casserly said. “That would not be acceptable. This is an extreme absurd example. But if Kansas City cuts a corner on Tuesday and the Jets bring him in and say, ‘Let’s talk about what they do,’ whether it’s ethical or not, what are you going to do?”

Yeah, no one trades information in the NFL.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:36 AM
If a QB needy team thought Clausen was going to be a franchise QB...they would have traded up to take him...they would have taken him before pick 48...

If anyone thought he was a franchise QB in the making, he would have been taken...

Here:

Last year, Pat White went #44 overall...signed a 4 year, $4.5M contract.

At #48, Darcel McBath signed a 4 year, $3.85M contract.

Kerry Collins signed a 2 year, $15M contract last season...

Sage Rosenfels, the Vikings #3 QB, signed a 3 year, $9M contract last season...

The Panthers used their #48 pick on their projected backup QB and will have to pay him less than any veteran backup QB in the NFL...

So if ANY TEAM that had a need at QB thought he was a franchise QB, they would have taken him AS SOON AS HE STARTED FALLING...

Like Aaron Rodgers...because he became a low risk/high reward type player...

Which means the fact he fell to #48 is as telling as it can get...

That means every NFL team that had any type of need at QB felt like even with a low risk like $4M dollars...it wasn't worth it...because they don't think he'll develop.

IS THAT A TOUGH CONCEPT FOR YOU IDIOTS TO UNDERSTAND?

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:37 AM
So that proves exactly what? That Weis was not going say something negative about Clausen to the panthers after they drafted him? What would the point have been?

After?

In doing pre-draft research, not that he thought he'd have a chance to get Clausen, Fox talked to Charlie Weis

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I guess Carolina doesn't expect him to become a franchise QB, seeing as how they didn't trade up and let the board come to them.

Awesome logic.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I guess Carolina doesn't expect him to become a franchise QB, seeing as how they didn't trade up and let the board come to them.

Awesome logic.

I guess you just ignored the whole post where I made several points on why people OBVIOUSLY don't think he's going to be a difference maker on the pro level...

You don't let a potential franchise QB slip to pick #48...

at pick #48...he becomes a ZERO risk draft pick for the Panthers...if he works out...AMAZING pick...if he doesn't? Oh well...doesn't hurt long term, doesn't hurt short team...doesn't hurt at all...

That doesn't paint any sort of a picture to you?

As soon as the 2nd round hit...and he slipped past the halfway point...that should have painted a pretty clear picture for all Clausen fans...

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:42 AM
ARE YOU GOING TO IGNORE THAT LOGIC?

penchief
04-27-2010, 11:42 AM
After?

Refer to the post I responded to with that post. Ask Hamas where he got his information.

If you want a response to the pre-draft claim that was posted see the post that Hamas responded to when he implied that Weis signed off on the Clausen pick right after they drafted him.

I've covered both bases. Either way I think it's a just a bunch of bullshit being dredged up by the Jimmy Clausen nuthuggers in order to beat a dead horse.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:46 AM
I guess you just ignored the whole post where I made several points on why people OBVIOUSLY don't think he's going to be a difference maker on the pro level...

You don't let a potential franchise QB slip to pick #48...

at pick #48...he becomes a ZERO risk draft pick for the Panthers...if he works out...AMAZING pick...if he doesn't? Oh well...doesn't hurt long term, doesn't hurt short team...doesn't hurt at all...

That doesn't paint any sort of a picture to you?

As soon as the 2nd round hit...and he slipped past the halfway point...that should have painted a pretty clear picture for all Clausen fans...

You keep acting as if 31 teams passed on him.

How many teams needed a QB? Less than 6?

Hell, we thought WE needed a QB. But Pioli passed, even though Weis said Clausen was the best he ever had.

You've got it stuck in your head that he fell because of a lack of talent.

Why did Aaron Rodgers fall?

It wasn't for a lack of talent. Not every team either:

a) Needs a QB

b) Is willing to part with a high draft pick when they have greater needs.

If Scott Pioli can claim that we have no need, and he believes in Cassel, why is it an indictment on Clausen that teams like Buffalo and Cleveland did the same?

Reerun_KC
04-27-2010, 11:48 AM
This board could use some of these...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zoOyBPLpL._AA260_.jpg

The menstral group is bleeding pretty bad today.... WOW, I have never seen grown men pout until today...

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn fell into the early 20s...

Clausen fell to the middle of the 2nd round...

BIG DIFFERENCE...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2010, 11:49 AM

To help out a fellow colleague. Again, this happens all the time. One of the reasons why Marques Colston slid on draft day was because his coaches ripped him to scouts.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Refer to the post I responded to with that post. Ask Hamas where he got his information.

If you want a response to the pre-draft claim that was posted see the post that Hamas responded to when he implied that Weis signed off on the Clausen pick right after they drafted him.

I've covered both bases. Either way I think it's a just a bunch of bullshit being dredged up by the Jimmy Clausen nuthuggers in order to beat a dead horse.

So Mortenson and King are both liars?

Mortenson REPORTED that Weis signed off PRE DRAFT on Clausen AFTER the selection.

You think Mort is going to risk getting shut out by teams by reporting information given to him in confidence before the draft?

Of course it's all bullshit, that's why it's being reported by two seperate reporters at two different media outlets.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:50 AM
To help out a fellow colleague. Again, this happens all the time. One of the reasons why Marques Colston slid on draft day was because his coaches ripped him to scouts.

So Weis...his head coach...praised him to scouts on all accounts yet he still fell to the middle of the 2nd round...

what does that tell you?

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn fell into the early 20s...

Clausen fell to the middle of the 2nd round...

BIG DIFFERENCE...

Feel free to ignore the rest of the post.

And feel free to name the teams that had a desperate need at QB.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:53 AM
So Weis...his head coach...praised him to scouts on all accounts yet he still fell to the middle of the 2nd round...

what does that tell you?

It tells me:

a) There were fewer than a handful of teams that felt they needed a QB.

b) That a few teams that we would all think needed a QB, KC included, made a mistake in passing on him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
So Bill Belichick has a pretty high opinion of Weis, no?

Belichick has a pretty high opinion of Pioli, no?

You really think of Weis was telling Pioli that he knew, 100%, Clausen was going to be as good as Tom Brady...that Pioli wouldn't have said, "ok, fine...we'll take him!"

You're an idiot.

A FUCKING COLOSSAL IDIOT.

He was passed on...

FORTY-SEVEN TIMES

Clearly...

CLEARLY

The NFL does not project him to be a franchise QB...

What else do you need? Tim Tebow was taken ahead of him...he went 48th overall and no one even traded up to get him...they let him fall to the Panthers...

NO ONE wanted him.

Done.

Case closed.

STFU

Hootie, you're an evangelical of the Church of Fucktardery.

Much like a religious nutjob, no amount of evidence matters, and no claim, no matter how well substantiated and logical, will budge you from your "faith".

You have no understanding of logic, as all of your posts are completely fallacious, contradictory, and the evidence is simultaneously insufficient, inaccurate, atypical, and irrelevant.

I can't imagine that you've ever taken a single course in critical thinking, argumentative writing, or logic at the college level, because the only thing you build your arguments on are what you believe.

Now, explain this one to me:

If the Panthers didn't really want Clausen that much, why did they call up to the Rams and try and trade up for him?

Hootie
Feel free to ignore the rest of the post.

And feel free to name the teams that had a desperate need at QB.

Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Redskins
Eagles
Cardinals
49ers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Seahawks
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Vikings
Panthers
Jaguars
Titans
Bucs

If any of those teams graded Clausen as a potential franchise QB, they could have all EASILY justified spending a 30-45 on their future QB...

Just like Chiefs fans claimed we should have done with Rodgers the year we drafted Johnson even though Green had a good 3-5 years left in him at that time.

Lzen
04-27-2010, 11:54 AM

What if Cassel out performs Clausen in the next 4-5 years? What then?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2010, 11:54 AM

what does that tell you?

That correlation does not imply causation and that depth at WR is not a linear relationship to depth at QB.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Redskins
Eagles
Cardinals
49ers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Seahawks
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Vikings
Panthers
Jaguars
Titans
Bucs

If any of those teams graded Clausen as a potential franchise QB, they could have all EASILY justified spending a 30-45 on their future QB...

Just like Chiefs fans claimed we should have done with Rodgers the year we drafted Johnson even though Green had a good 3-5 years left in him at that time.

Jesus Christ, this post reeks of stupidity.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 11:56 AM
and by my count, that's NINETEEN teams that could have drafted Clausen...

If teams really thought he had franchise QB ability...and he slipped that far relative to their draft boards...

He had awesome value to 19 teams...especially teams where they already have a QB in place so he can develop for a few years a la Aaron Rodgers.

APPARENTLY...

No one thought he was who the "experts" thought he was, as evidenced by his fall to #48...

I don't know how else to explain it...clearly you morons don't understand.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 11:56 AM
What if Cassel out performs Clausen in the next 4-5 years? What then?

Then I'll admit my mistake. I've admitted mistakes in the past and I can do it again.

The same can't be said about the fans who will repeatedly come up with excuses for Matt Cassel.

If Sanchez or Clausen out perform Cassel over the next 5 years it will because of the teams around them....not the QB.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Bills
Redskins
Cardinals
49ers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Vikings
Panthers
Jaguars

Those are the teams that could have taken Clausen.

You're an idiot for suggesting that the Bucs or Ravens need a QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Redskins
Eagles
Cardinals
49ers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Seahawks
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Vikings
Panthers
Jaguars
Titans
Bucs

I'm sure that the Bucs are going to give up on Josh Freeman after one year, the Redskins are going to come up and get Clausen with no picks from five through the end of the third round, that the Steelers and Ravens are going to give up on their QBs, the Bengals have one of the highest paid QBs in the league and a small payroll, the Titans' QB just took them to like 8-2 over the last ten games and the coach is coaching for his job, the Jaguars drafted Tyson Alualu at 10, FFS, the Dolphins are "sold" on Chad Henne.

Realistically, the argument that you should focus on is why San Fran, Buffalo, and Cleveland passed on him.

All would do a much better job of proving your point, but all also have rebuttals that need to be taken into account as well.

Amnorix

Fuck it.

Just wanted to note that talking up Clausen to a friend who has a serious issue at QB isn't the same as saying that he likes him more than he likes Cassel. There's just no info on that.

If Weis came back to the Patriots and talked up Clausen to Fox, does that that mean that Weis thought he should be drafted to replace Brady?

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 11:59 AM
ROFL

Hell, by that logic, there's 32 teams that COULD have drafted Clausen.

There are less than 5 that have a desperate enough need to use a high pick on a QB in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory.

You really need to take your meds, this is embarrassing.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm sure that the Bucs are going to give up on Josh Freeman after one year, the Redskins are going to come up and get Clausen with no picks from five through the end of the third round, that the Steelers and Ravens are going to give up on their QBs, the Bengals have one of the highest paid QBs in the league and a small payroll, the Titans' QB just took them to like 8-2 over the last ten games and the coach is coaching for his job, the Jaguars drafted Tyson Alualu at 10, FFS, the Dolphins are "sold" on Chad Henne.

Realistically, the argument that you should focus on is why San Fran, Buffalo, and Cleveland passed on him.

All would do a much better job of proving your point, but all also have rebuttals that need to be taken into account as well.

Exactly.

But that doesn't help his argument.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
The Redskins didn't have a 2nd round pick and they weren't taking Clausen at #4.

The Cardinals signed Derek Anderson in the offseason and were more than willing to let Leinart have his shot.

The 49ers passed....I'm assuming because they think that this is Alex Smith's final year to prove he can do it.

The Broncos drafted Tebow.

The Raiders obviously were fine with Gradkowski and then went out and traded for Campbell.

The Vikings have Sage Rosenfels (trade) and Jackson who they just re-signed.

The Jaguars didn't have a 2nd round pick and were obviously in love with Alulua (sp?).

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Just wanted to note that talking up Clausen to a friend who has a serious issue at QB isn't the same as saying that he likes him more than he likes Cassel. There's just no info on that.

If Weis came back to the Patriots and talked up Clausen to Fox, does that that mean that Weis thought he should be drafted to replace Brady?

Out of respect, I'm going to ignore that you just compared the Chiefs needs at QB to those of the Patriots.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM

There's not much more to say. At this point, Charlie Weis has reviewed the film on Cassel from his time with the Patriots and last year with the Chiefs, has met and spoken with Cassel, has spoken with Pioli, Belichick and Tom Brady about him, and made an assessment to Pioli about whether he thought Cassel was likely to be "the Guy" or if they should seriously consider Clausen.

The Chiefs (obviously) knew Clausen wasn't going to be there in the third round for them, so when they didn't take him near the top of round two, that told you about all you need to know about Cassel and Clausen. Doesn't mean Clausen won't be good. Just means they like Cassel fine as their QB, and felt they should spend their assets elsewhere instead of taking Clausen.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Jesus Christ, this post reeks of stupidity.

LMAO

Nice reply...

Patriots have no depth behind Brady, had an abundance of picks...and clearly could have developed him for three years to be Brady's successor, or to pawn him off to some other QB needy team (see Whitehurst, Charlie)...

Bills: Obvious

Dolphins: Obvious

Redskins: See Patriots.

Eagles: Kolb, Vick (you're telling me they didn't have a need for Clausen at that point in the draft?)

Cardinals: Leinart (you really think he's the future?)

49ers: Smith (you really think they don't have a need?)

Broncos: Tebow was drafted in the 1st...shows you how much people thought of Jimmy Clausen, a pro ready QB, as a franchise caliber player

Chiefs: Matt Cassel, Charlie Weis...when Clausen wasn't drafted...that didn't tell you anything?

Raiders: Before Campbell...they had Gradkowski and Russel...obvious need.

Seahawks: Hasselbeck is washed up, Charlie Whitehurst is who again?

Ravens: Flacco was eratic...lots of potential...but if they had Clausen graded as a franchise guy...hedging your bet with a 2nd round pick is exactly what we all wanted the Chiefs to do, right?

Bengals: Palmer is overrated and washed up...this decade's Drew Bledsoe...you don't think they wanted a Tom Brady situation backing up their overrated former #1 pick?

Steelers: Obvious.

Vikings: Obvious.

Panthers: Drafted him at #48...apparently according to OTWP they kept trying to trade up but no one wanted to move out of their picks (despite the trades)...so even though they were offering to move up from 48 to 32, and from 48 to 33, and from 48 to 34 etc. etc. etc. no one would bite and fortunately the #1 guy on their board fell all the way to #48...the Panthers and Hamas have tons in common!!!

Jaguars: Garrard is the future? Yeah, ok

Titans: Didn't Vince Young try and off himself two years ago? What else do they have? Kerry Collins? This wasn't a need for them? A franchise QB potentially?

Bucs: See Chiefs, Ravens...they took a guy last year...but if an Aaron Rodgers falls to the middle of the 2nd round...or to #39 where the Bucs traded up...he's not worth a $5M contract in case Freeman doesn't work out?

Exactly OTWP...

19 teams had legitimate reasons to draft a QB if they thought he had the ability to be a Super Bowl winning, Franchise caliber NFL QB.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 12:04 PM
For some reason....this doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of Cassel.

Q: What do you think about Matt Cassel?

A: He's on our team.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Out of respect, I'm going to ignore that you just compared the Chiefs needs at QB to those of the Patriots.

I was just using it as a hypothetical. What MANY around here seem unwilling to accept is that the Chiefs front office and, presumably, Weis, are ok with having Matt Cassel as the QB.

You've seen one season of him surrounded by, pardon my bluntness, shit for talent, and you've written off the guy like he's the second coming of Ryan freaking Leaf. I KNOW he doesn't have a good feel for the deep ball, etc. but just because he's not Mad Bomber Lamonica doesn't mean he sucks ballz and that Clausen should obviously have been drafted.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
There's not much more to say. At this point, Charlie Weis has reviewed the film on Cassel from his time with the Patriots and last year with the Chiefs, has met and spoken with Cassel, has spoken with Pioli, Belichick and Tom Brady about him, and made an assessment to Pioli about whether he thought Cassel was likely to be "the Guy" or if they should seriously consider Clausen.

The Chiefs (obviously) knew Clausen wasn't going to be there in the third round for them, so when they didn't take him near the top of round two, that told you about all you need to know about Cassel and Clausen. Doesn't mean Clausen won't be good. Just means they like Cassel fine as their QB, and felt they should spend their assets elsewhere instead of taking Clausen.

No, it doesn't mean THEY like Cassel.

It could mean they ALL like Cassel, but it could just as well mean that PIOLI likes Cassel, considering he's the decision maker.

Weis could have been begging for Clausen and been overruled, or he could have been fine with Cassel.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
people talking about the Bucs and Ravens not having a need at QB is laughable considering the Chiefs just gave a QB a $60M contract last year...

so by you people using that logic you're being total hypocrites...

in the 2nd round...

paying a guy a $5M contract (tops) isn't a threat to a guy like Freeman or Flacco...it's hedging their bets JUST LIKE YOU WANTED KANSAS CITY TO DO WITH CASSEL...

FUCK!

HOW DO WE NOT SEE THIS?

It's almost laughable.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:08 PM
and the Patriots signed Bledsoe to a $100M contract and Brady took over almost immediately afterwards...

so that bullshit about Palmer is laughable...especially since the Bengals could have taken him, had him for four years, and paid him probably a little more than $1M per year...

So fuck yourself in your dumb fucking ass dumbshit!

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 12:09 PM

Considering all intents and purposes it seemed like Pioli/Haley may of shined Charlie to believe that Clausen will be Cassel's understudy then went back on that promise on draftday. It seems like with all the information that is been coming out, Weis is pissed that this occured.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:10 PM
LMAO

Nice reply...

Patriots have no depth behind Brady, had an abundance of picks...and clearly could have developed him for three years to be Brady's successor, or to pawn him off to some other QB needy team (see Whitehurst, Charlie)...

Bills: Obvious

Dolphins: Obvious

Redskins: See Patriots.

Eagles: Kolb, Vick (you're telling me they didn't have a need for Clausen at that point in the draft?)

Cardinals: Leinart (you really think he's the future?)

49ers: Smith (you really think they don't have a need?)

Broncos: Tebow was drafted in the 1st...shows you how much people thought of Jimmy Clausen, a pro ready QB, as a franchise caliber player

Chiefs: Matt Cassel, Charlie Weis...when Clausen wasn't drafted...that didn't tell you anything?

Raiders: Before Campbell...they had Gradkowski and Russel...obvious need.

Seahawks: Hasselbeck is washed up, Charlie Whitehurst is who again?

Ravens: Flacco was eratic...lots of potential...but if they had Clausen graded as a franchise guy...hedging your bet with a 2nd round pick is exactly what we all wanted the Chiefs to do, right?

Bengals: Palmer is overrated and washed up...this decade's Drew Bledsoe...you don't think they wanted a Tom Brady situation backing up their overrated former #1 pick?

Steelers: Obvious.

Vikings: Obvious.

Panthers: Drafted him at #48...apparently according to OTWP they kept trying to trade up but no one wanted to move out of their picks (despite the trades)...so even though they were offering to move up from 48 to 32, and from 48 to 33, and from 48 to 34 etc. etc. etc. no one would bite and fortunately the #1 guy on their board fell all the way to #48...the Panthers and Hamas have tons in common!!!

Jaguars: Garrard is the future? Yeah, ok

Titans: Didn't Vince Young try and off himself two years ago? What else do they have? Kerry Collins? This wasn't a need for them? A franchise QB potentially?

Bucs: See Chiefs, Ravens...they took a guy last year...but if an Aaron Rodgers falls to the middle of the 2nd round...or to #39 where the Bucs traded up...he's not worth a $5M contract in case Freeman doesn't work out?

Exactly OTWP...

19 teams had legitimate reasons to draft a QB if they thought he had the ability to be a Super Bowl winning, Franchise caliber NFL QB.

You can repeat that garbage all you want, it's not going to make it any more realistic.

Please, post it again, I've been enjoying you go down in an epic blaze of stupidity over the past 72 hours.

Thanks for the cheap entertainment.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM
No, it doesn't mean THEY like Cassel.

It could mean they ALL like Cassel, but it could just as well mean that PIOLI likes Cassel, considering he's the decision maker.

Weis could have been begging for Clausen and been overruled, or he could have been fine with Cassel.

Could have been, yes. But I find it very hard to believe that Pioli brought in an offensive guru like Haley to be HC, and then brought in Charlie Weis to run the offense, only to ignore them if they told him that they thought Cassel WASN'T good enough to be the team's starting QB.

If you're telling me that Weis made that opinion clear pre-draft, and Haley backs him up on it, and then he and Haley are sitting in the draft room (Weis probably wasn't there) and Haley is begging for Clausen, and Pioli says "nope, I think we need this very dangerous scat-back, he's another Kevin Faulk. Good luck with Cassel, cuz he's who you're stuck with", then I just don't believe it.

Not at quarterback. The position is too important.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM
You can repeat that garbage all you want, it's not going to make it any more realistic.

Please, post it again, I've been enjoying you go down in an epic blaze of stupidity over the past 72 hours.

Thanks for the cheap entertainment.

Another great reply, buddy...

Out of those 19 teams, which one isn't realistic?

Or are you just completely dumb?

I listed the Patriots for one reason...they had 13 picks...if Weis is sharing information with anyone...or if anyone is on the same page with what the Chiefs are doing...it's the Patriots...

if Belichick thought Clausen was a franchise level QB...with all of those picks...they would have EASILY taken him around pick 40...EASILY...without a doubt...that's a value pick if I've ever seen one (assuming they have him graded highly)...and then they can get rid of Hoyer and pay their backup behind Brady $1.1M a year to be groomed by one of the best...

but since I'm CLEARLY right...I enjoy these responses where you have no rebuttal...

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
people talking about the Bucs and Ravens not having a need at QB is laughable considering the Chiefs just gave a QB a $60M contract last year...

so by you people using that logic you're being total hypocrites...

in the 2nd round...

paying a guy a $5M contract (tops) isn't a threat to a guy like Freeman or Flacco...it's hedging their bets JUST LIKE YOU WANTED KANSAS CITY TO DO WITH CASSEL...

FUCK!

HOW DO WE NOT SEE THIS?

It's almost laughable.

Wow. I didn't think your posts could get any more retarded, and then I read this.

You're comparing two franchise QB's to Matt Cassel, 7th round pick.

Holy shit, this is beyond epic stupidity here, folks.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
EVERYONE praises the Packers for taking Rodgers in 2005 and their HOF starter is STILL playing and it's 2010...

Yet I list 19 teams with CLEAR QB needs...especially for a guy who falls into the middle of the 2nd...

and then explain OBVIOUSLY he wasn't graded to be an Aaron Rodgers...or a franchise QB...

and the band of morons still want to call me the moron...and want to pretend only 4 or 5 teams had pressing QB needs...

and want to pretend like the Chiefs are somehow different than the Bucs or Ravens...and ignore the fact we're in the same exact predicament as both teams except we pay our starting QB even more...which means we are basically even LESS in need of a QB than those two teams by that thought process...

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Another great reply, buddy...

Out of those 19 teams, which one isn't realistic?

Or are you just completely dumb?

I listed the Patriots for one reason...they had 13 picks...if Weis is sharing information with anyone...or if anyone is on the same page with what the Chiefs are doing...it's the Patriots...

if Belichick thought Clausen was a franchise level QB...with all of those picks...they would have EASILY taken him around pick 40...EASILY...without a doubt...that's a value pick if I've ever seen one (assuming they have him graded highly)...and then they can get rid of Hoyer and pay their backup behind Brady $1.1M a year to be groomed by one of the best...

but since I'm CLEARLY right...I enjoy these responses where you have no rebuttal...

The Rams should have taken him.

You know, in case Bradford doesn't work out.

Hamas is absolutely correct. Your argument should be why SF, Buffalo and Cleveland passed - not making up ridiculous claims about why teams that have QB's should be using a high pick in a deep draft on one.

You should stick to gambling, FBB and date rape - because you've proven over the past 72 hours that you know very little about the NFL and the draft.

Enjoy your career at Bennigan's.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Wow. I didn't think your posts could get any more retarded, and then I read this.

You're comparing two franchise QB's to Matt Cassel, 7th round pick.

Holy shit, this is beyond epic stupidity here, folks.

Freeman and Flacco...late 1st round picks...are already FRANCHISE QB's?!?!??

Hahaha...

Only one of the three are paid like a franchise QB, and that's Cassel...

Other than Aaron Rodgers...name a late 1st round pick that has gone to a Pro Bowl in the last 10 years.

Direckshun
Hootie, you're an evangelical of the Church of ****tardery.

Much like a religious nutjob, no amount of evidence matters, and no claim, no matter how well substantiated and logical, will budge you from your "faith".

You have no understanding of logic, as all of your posts are completely fallacious, contradictory, and the evidence is simultaneously insufficient, inaccurate, atypical, and irrelevant.

I can't imagine that you've ever taken a single course in critical thinking, argumentative writing, or logic at the college level, because the only thing you build your arguments on are what you believe.

"I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Tribal Warfare
Pioli says "nope, I think we need this very dangerous scat-back, he's another Kevin Faulk. Good luck with Cassel, cuz he's who you're stuck with", then I just don't believe it.

Not at quarterback. The position is too important.

Never underestimate the size of a person's ego when they shell out alot of cash to a QB who's his "guy".

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
EVERYONE praises the Packers for taking Rodgers in 2005 and their HOF starter is STILL playing and it's 2010...

Yet I list 19 teams with CLEAR QB needs...especially for a guy who falls into the middle of the 2nd...

and then explain OBVIOUSLY he wasn't graded to be an Aaron Rodgers...or a franchise QB...

and the band of morons still want to call me the moron...and want to pretend only 4 or 5 teams had pressing QB needs...

and want to pretend like the Chiefs are somehow different than the Bucs or Ravens...and ignore the fact we're in the same exact predicament as both teams except we pay our starting QB even more...which means we are basically even LESS in need of a QB than those two teams by that thought process...

You think the Patriots and Ravens have "pressing" QB needs?

And btw, you should consider Valium. Calm the hell down.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
"I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

It's about that bad.

I've been here 5 years, and I've never seen anything like this.

This is Hootie's Magnum Opus of Stupidity.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:19 PM
The Rams should have taken him.

You know, in case Bradford doesn't work out.

Hamas is absolutely correct. Your argument should be why SF, Buffalo and Cleveland passed - not making up ridiculous claims about why teams that have QB's should be using a high pick in a deep draft on one.

You should stick to gambling, FBB and date rape - because you've proven over the past 72 hours that you know very little about the NFL and the draft.

Enjoy your career at Bennigan's.

I didn't name the Rams as one of the 19 teams...now did I?

I didn't name the Lions either...or the Jets...now did I?

I did name two teams comparable to the Chiefs who took late 1st round QB's...

What's the difference between the Ravens, who took a QB in the 1st two years ago who played sporadic, at best last year...and the Chiefs...who traded an early 2nd for a QB and then paid him $60M???

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

None.

So...

You are a dumbfuck...

Case closed yet?

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 12:19 PM

Hahaha...

Other than Aaron Rodgers...name a late 1st round pick that has gone to a Pro Bowl in the last 10 years.

You honestly don't consider Flacco to be a Franchise QB?

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Never underestimate the size of a person's ego when they shell out alot of cash to a QB who's his "guy".

Yeah, that's like rule #1 of the "Patriots' Way" (whatever that is). If Pioli didn't learn to ignore ego in making personnel decisions, then he learned nothing.

Belichick cuts bait with draft picks or FA's he brought in as fast or faster than anybody.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM

and you know what?

I GOT OVER IT...

Yeah. It's time to move on. McCluster and Arenas are our guys. I'll follow Clausen's career just like anyone else I think would have been a good pick up for the Chiefs, but what's done is done.

Just for old time's sake.................

We should just take Clausen at five.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:21 PM
You think the Patriots and Ravens have "pressing" QB needs?

And btw, you should consider Valium. Calm the hell down.

You're telling me you would have been disappointed if the Patriots took Clausen around pick #40?

Isn't that a similar scenario to what the Packers did in 2005?

The Patriots had the picks to draft, develop, and cheaply pay a QB that who these guys are talking about as a franchise level QB...

you would have been disappointed with that pick?

Direckshun

Hahaha...

God that hurts just to read. Tell me you're not arguing that they can't be franchise guys because they don't get paid enough...

OnTheWarpath15
So the Jets, Lions and Rams have franchise QB's, and the Ravens and Bucs don't.

Interesting logic.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
The Packers took Aaron Rodgers in 2005 because Brett Favre was pulling his usual retire/don't retire bullshit. They had no one to back him up and Rodgers happened to fall to them. But since 24 other teams passed on him....he's not a Franchise QB....right?

Direckshun
It's about that bad.

I've been here 5 years, and I've never seen anything like this.

This is Hootie's Magnum Opus of Stupidity.

Hate to break it to you, but we went a ton of rounds back at the twilight of the Herm era and he's about always this bad.

Hootie
You honestly don't consider Flacco to be a Franchise QB?

hell fucking no!

Not yet.

You know what he did last year?

He had a comparable year to Matt Cassel's 2008.

Is that a franchise QB?

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:24 PM
So the Jets, Lions and Rams have franchise QB's, and the Ravens and Bucs don't.

Interesting logic.

no...

The Jets, Lions and Rams have a lot of $$$$ invested in young QB's...they are paid like franchise fucking QB's...you don't bring in competition for those guys...

Freeman and Flacco are not paid like franchise QB's...they aren't even paid like starting QB's...

you see the difference yet?

OnTheWarpath15
God that hurts just to read. Tell me you're not arguing that they can't be franchise guys because they don't get paid enough...

You obviously haven't been reading his posts the past few days.

He's on a bender of stupidity that belongs in the HOC.

Pioli Zombie
Oh Mother of our most gracious Holy Saints preserving us from on high with St Peter,Paul, and Virgin Mary on the Right side of the Heavenly Father will you stop it with the Clausen crap already??????

Hootie
The Packers took Aaron Rodgers in 2005 because Brett Favre was pulling his usual retire/don't retire bullshit. They had no one to back him up and Rodgers happened to fall to them. But since 24 other teams passed on him....he's not a Franchise QB....right?

I made a bet with someone on this website Aaron Rodgers breakout year two years ago that he would post a 90+ QB rating...

I knew he was going to be awesome.

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
You obviously haven't been reading his posts the past few days.

He's on a bender of stupidity that belongs in the HOC.

as evidence of me being right this entire thread and you calling Freeman and Flacco franchise QB's?

Right.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:26 PM
You're telling me you would have been disappointed if the Patriots took Clausen around pick #40?

Isn't that a similar scenario to what the Packers did in 2005?

The Patriots had the picks to draft, develop, and cheaply pay a QB that who these guys are talking about as a franchise level QB...

you would have been disappointed with that pick?

First, I learned LONG ago not to be disappointed with Belichick draft picks. I'm 100% convinced that he puts in as much or more effort than anyone, that he has a strategy and plan that is sound, and that he is more qualified than nearly anyone else in the NFL to be running a team. Further, if having Belichick the coach (who is awesome) means being forced to have Belichick the GM (who may only be average, but certainly isn't worse than average), then I'm glad to live with it. In BB I trust.

All that said, picking Clausen would have confused me. Brady's contract runs out after 2010, but he's not going anywhere, and likely has about five productive years left. We also have 2 1sts and 2 2nds next year which could be use on QBs if they think the value is there.

They obviously liked the value at other positions for their picks this year, which I'm fine with.

Equally obvious, if BB **KNEW** that Clausen was the second coming of Tom Brady, then he'd have drafted him, kept him on the bench for a year or two, and then unceremoniously axed Brady and gone with the younger guy. Belichick is nothing if not ruthless (another thing to love in an NFL coach, unfortunately), and all else being equal, you go with the 25 year old over the 35 year old.

Sanka
04-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Other than Aaron Rodgers...name a late 1st round pick that has gone to a Pro Bowl in the last 10 years. Drew Brees, I know he was takin in the 2nd round, but he was taken 32nd overall, which in this years draft would of been A LATE 1ST ROUND PICK!

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh Mother of our most gracious Holy Saints preserving us from on high with St Peter,Paul, and Virgin Mary on the Right side of the Heavenly Father will you stop it with the Clausen crap already??????

Let him go, man. We're enjoying it.

It's like watching a cat chase a fake mouse tied to his tail.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah, that's like rule #1 of the "Patriots' Way" (whatever that is). If Pioli didn't learn to ignore ego in making personnel decisions, then he learned nothing.

Belichick cuts bait with draft picks or FA's he brought in as fast or faster than anybody.

I didn't want this ego thing to be true about Pioli, but he is dead set on either living on Cassel's success or falling because of his failure as a QB. That's the reason why I'm ticked you'd think he would have a contingency option just in case the 1st string QB fails to perform and lead the offense.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Freeman and Flacco are not paid like franchise QB's...they aren't even paid like starting QB's...

you see the difference yet?

Flacco is a second year player who had a very nice season leading a team to a playoff win on the road (mostly run game, obviously), and posted a 88 rating. You think that they should bring in competition for him? That's absurd.

And WTF does his salary have to do with anything? You think they'd just rip up his contract three years before it expires if they think he's really good? Who does that? (hint: nobody)

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I didn't want this ego thing to be true about Pioli, but he is dead set on either living on Cassel's success or falling because of his failure as a QB. That's the reason why I'm ticked you'd think he would have a contingency option just in case the 1st string QB fails to perform and lead the offense.

Doesn't he have an opt-out clause after 2010 is over? Doesn't that PROVE that he's willing to cut bait on him and wasn't willing to go "all in"?

Hootie
04-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Let him go, man. We're enjoying it.

hey...

either way...

at least I haven't suffered from little man's syndrome my whole life...

so I got that going for me

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:33 PM
as evidence of me being right this entire thread and you calling Freeman and Flacco franchise QB's?

Right.

See: DSM-IV - Denial, Distortion, Projection.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Welp, there's the Projection. Right on queue.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Doesn't he have an opt-out clause after 2010 is over? Doesn't that PROVE that he's willing to cut bait on him and wasn't willing to go "all in"?

Pioli sacrificed a 2nd round pick on a player that was a"Pioli pick" which is from Kiper not me, and ignored Weis's opinion who was the former OC of the Patriots who helped Brady to what he is. That screams ego to the worst degree when Pioli makes a unilateral decision(pulls rank, executive decision) like that.

Hootie
so...

out of those 19 teams, you think New England, Baltimore and Tampa Bay don't have legitimate reasons to take a QB...and Washington...

so that still leaves 15 teams that passed on him...half of the NFL...

OBVIOUSLY...

CLEARLY..

No one thinks he is going to be an answer to their QB problems...other than the Panthers who had pick #48 and probably had no clue that he was going to fall that far...

so he went to the one team that probably had little interest in scouting him...

NICE!

DAMNIT, CARL!

Amnorix

Completely irrelevant to anything -- there haven't even been that many late 1st round QB's drafted. Every draft only sees a very small handful of QBs drafted in rounds 1-2, and because of positional value they tend to go near the top of round 1.

Not even sure what point you're trying to prove here. If you want guys that slid out of the first round and turned out to be pretty good, you've got plenty of evidence for that -- Brady, Montana, Warner, Favre, etc.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Pioli sacrificed a 2nd round pick on a player that was a"Pioli pick" which is from Kiper not me, and ignored Weis's opinion who was the former OC of the Patriots who helped Brady to what he is. That screams ego to the worst degree when Pioli makes unilateral decision(pulls rank, executive decision) like that.

Wait -- on what basis are you saying he ignored Weis' opinion? As I noted before, you cant' extrapolate "I like Clausen" to "WE should draft Clausen because I like him a helluva lot more than Cassel".

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
so...

out of those 19 teams, you think New England, Baltimore and Tampa Bay don't have legitimate reasons to take a QB...and Washington...

so that still leaves 15 teams that passed on him...half of the NFL...

OBVIOUSLY...

CLEARLY..

No one thinks he is going to be an answer to their QB problems...other than the Panthers who had pick #48 and probably had no clue that he was going to fall that far...

so he went to the one team that probably had little interest in scouting him...

NICE!

DAMNIT, CARL!

You're basically frothing at the mouth and making no sense.

The one thing you've said that is remotely sensible is that no team in the NFL thought highly ENOUGH of him to make him a first round pick, and therefore, obviously, nobody is convinced he's the second coming of Joe Montana.

The rest is basically deranged ranting.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Wait -- on what basis are you saying he ignored Weis' opinion? As I noted before, you cant' extrapolate "I like Clausen" to "WE should draft Clausen because I like him a helluva lot more than Cassel".

Well let's look what happened during the #36 pick, it went down to the wire with 10 seconds remaining before the pick was finally delivered where their must've been a major disagreement that was trying to be resolved. Pioli pulled rank, and McCluster was the pick.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Well let's look what happened during the #36 pick, it went down to the wire with 10 seconds remaining where their must've been a major disagreement that was trying to be resolved. Pioli pulled rank, and McCluster was the pick.

Holy crap. That's a hell of a lot of speculating. For all you know some team was trying to trade up into the spot, and the Chiefs were trying to get a better package from them, and it went down to the wire.

Or the Chiefs were desperately trying to move back because they knew they could get their guy (or one of a group of guys with similar value) and were trying to find a trade partner.

In fact, those scenarios are about 97% more likely than Pioli and Haley having some kind of Mexican Standoff in the Warroom over who the pick was going to be. You think they only THEN decided whether Clausen or Cassel was the QBOTF?

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 12:45 PM

and you know what?

I GOT OVER IT...

THIS, but good luck getting some to realize it

siberian khatru
04-27-2010, 12:46 PM

ROFL

I'm stealing that for future professional use.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 12:46 PM
THIS, but good luck getting some to realize it

Yeah, he made sense on that one. Then he started putting up some detail and started getting increasingly nonsensical.

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Well let's look what happened during the #36 pick, it went down to the wire with 10 seconds remaining before the pick was finally delivered where their must've been a major disagreement that was trying to be resolved. Pioli pulled rank, and McCluster was the pick.

ROFL but weis wasnt even in the room, right? hell i'm sure there is a thread where all the "usual suspects" are saying that pioli didnt let weis or crennell in the war room

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, he made sense on that one. Then he started putting up some detail and started getting increasingly nonsensical.

he goes a little far trying to prove his point some times. BUT so do the guys on the other side

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 01:01 PM
ROFL but weis wasnt even in the room, right? hell i'm sure there is a thread where all the "usual suspects" are saying that pioli didnt let weis or crennell in the war room

That would be true for the Patriots at least. They run a very small war room. It's basically Bob Kraft (owner), Jonathan Kraft (team President, owner's son), Belichick (head coach), Nick Caserio (Player Development / pseudo-GM), Ernie Adams (the Smoking Man), and that's about it. No coordinators, scouts, etc., though they can be pulled in for consultations, etc.

But of course, not all teams run it the same way.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2010, 01:03 PM

Wasn't there video posted of the war room when they took Berry and neither Wies nor Crennel were present?

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:16 PM
To Hootie's point, if Clausen is such a can't-miss franchise QB (and we all know that QB is the most important position), why wouldn't every team want him? Why wouldn't teams with established QBs take him just to trade him later or trade their current QB? A franchise QB has to be worth a couple of first or second rounders right?

Oh, wait. He's not a guarantee, and many teams (THE CHIEFS INCLUDED) obviously don't even view him as worthy of a second round pick.

FUCKING DROP IT

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Don't forget Sanchez too, just watch when Cassel fails this season Weis will be so frustrated because it will be his "his" pick for the QB crop this year when he could've had his boy.

If Cassel fails , we'll be in position to draft a QB next year better than Clausen.

Quesadilla Joe
04-27-2010, 01:23 PM
I promise you that you will be happy you didn't draft Clausen. There is nothing elite about him.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
To Hootie's point, if Clausen is such a can't-miss franchise QB (and we all know that QB is the most important position), why wouldn't every team want him? Why wouldn't teams with established QBs take him just to trade him later or trade their current QB? A franchise QB has to be worth a couple of first or second rounders right?

Oh, wait. He's not a guarantee, and many teams (THE CHIEFS INCLUDED) obviously don't even view him as worthy of a second round pick.

FUCKING DROP IT

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I promise you that we won't be happy we drafted Tebow. There is nothing elite about him.

Well that's a first.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 01:27 PM

Fighting fire with fire.

Troll the trolls.

I like it.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Fighting fire with fire.

Troll the trolls.

I like it.

It'd be easier for me to just let it go if they'd ignore the threads they "don't want to read." People around here talk about how we make this site unenjoyable, but they just can't help themselves from clicking the threads they know we're in.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2010, 01:30 PM

****ING DROP IT

There has been some debate since the draft as to who made the draft day calls, and how Weis really felt about Clausen and Tate. People were surprised to see KC pass over Clausen and Tate numerous times when (a) they were regarded as first round prospects by many gurus prior to the draft, (b) Weis spoke highly of them, (c) there were tons of rumors floating that Weis would be fighting Pioli to take Clausen.

Since the draft, we've seen war room footage without Weis being present and stories confirming Weis' view of Clausen. So, it's interesting to some of us to see that Pioli and Haley apparently feel differently on the prospects and how they may potentially be handcuffing their OC and giving him ingredients he doesn't necessarily want (to borrow an analogy used by Parcells years ago).

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 01:32 PM
If Cassel fails , we'll be in position to draft a QB next year better than Clausen.

This could've been averted, because if he had his choice when Cassel does fail he would have his QB then take his pick at the elite WR crop in 2011. Two birds with one stone.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Fighting fire with fire.

Troll the trolls.

I like it.

If the definition of trolling is inciting argument, then you're a troll.

The Chiefs didn't draft Clausen. Fact is every single team in the NFL passed on him, some twice. Get over it.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 01:35 PM

The Chiefs didn't draft Clausen. Fact is every single team in the NFL passed on him, some twice. Get over it.

:facepalm: sigh.

Sayin' we should just take Clausen at five.

the Talking Can
04-27-2010, 01:36 PM

****ING DROP IT

why do people enter threads for the sole purpose of telling people to stop talking?

are you so fragile that even a discussion you're not a part of makes you cry?

how about skipping the thread if it so hurts your feelings?

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:37 PM
:facepalm: sigh.

Sayin' we should just take Clausen at five.

Oh, I get it.

OnTheWarpath15
It'd be easier for me to just let it go if they'd ignore the threads they "don't want to read." People around here talk about how we make this site unenjoyable, but they just can't help themselves from clicking the threads they know we're in.

They don't get the attention they crave otherwise.

Mr. Flopnuts
Oh, I get it.

It's all in good fun dude. Lighten up.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:39 PM
why do people enter threads for the sole purpose of telling people to stop talking?

are you so fragile that even a discussion you're not a part of makes you cry?

how about skipping the thread if it so hurts your feelings?

I'm just sick of hearing people bitch about Clausen. We didn't draft him. There's a reason why. What's the point of complaining about it now?

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 01:39 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

1. troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
Volourn

1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun
A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Exactly. Like continuing to bring up Clausen.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm just sick of hearing people bitch about Clausen. We didn't draft him. There's a reason why. What's the point of complaining about it now?

It's water under the bridge, but interesting nonetheless:

That doesn't look like complaining to me, and neither do the posts immediately after - until the troll showed up.

Looks like people are just having a football conversation, followed by watching the troll make an ass of himself.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 01:43 PM

I don't know where you got bringing up Clausen in that definition, unless you feel personally slighted because of it.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 01:43 PM

Talking about a prospect we didn't take is maximum disruption?

ROFL

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:44 PM
That doesn't look like complaining to me, and neither do the posts immediately after - until the troll showed up.

Looks like people are just having a football conversation, followed by watching the troll make an ass of himself.

I only have to go 4 posts in.

Fuck it.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Fuck it. You guys can continue to beat off over an average prospect and cry yourselves to sleep at night because our GM is so inept. It's pointless.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Fuck it. You guys can continue to beat off over an average prospect and cry yourselves to sleep at night because our GM is so inept. It's pointless.

Again, why so are you offended when someone's opinion differs from yours?

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

1. troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Na, Hootie isn't guilty of that.

Well, uh.

A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

The prosecution rests, Your Honor.

Like him or not, he fits those criteria to a T.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Again, why so are you offended when someone's opinion differs from yours?

You must not remember how you, OtWP, Dane, Mecca, etc. all gave me so much shit leading up to the draft because I said there was no way we'd draft Clausen. Nobody knew at that point that we'd actually pass up on him twice. I was called a true fan, an idiot, whatever else. Point is, we didn't take him. I don't want to take it to the point of "I was right, you were wrong", but I did take a lot of shit for saying what ultimately happened.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I only have to go 4 posts in.

Speaking the truth from past experience is inciting an argument?

People have spent all weekend claiming that is we passed, it's because Weis doesn't want him. The posts don't lie.

Keep trying.

the Talking Can
04-27-2010, 01:52 PM

if you're "sick of hearing" people talk about things that don't interest you....then don't read it....

see how easy that is?

no one forced to click on the thread or read the posts....

quite acting like a baby

penchief
04-27-2010, 01:52 PM
So Mortenson and King are both liars?

Mortenson REPORTED that Weis signed off PRE DRAFT on Clausen AFTER the selection.

You think Mort is going to risk getting shut out by teams by reporting information given to him in confidence before the draft?

Of course it's all bullshit, that's why it's being reported by two seperate reporters at two different media outlets.

You're taking this stuff way too personal. The way Hamas worded his post read like Weis gave his approval after they drafted him. I can see how it can be interpeted either way (that Mortensen reported it right afterward). I took it the other way.

That said, I'm not saying that it's bullshit that Mortenson reported it or even questioning that it happened. What I'm saying is bullshit is that the Clausen ball washers are trying to make more out of it than what it is. Especially by trying to say that it is evidence that Pioli doesn't listen to Weis. You have absolutely no proof of that.

Just because he told that to Fox doesn't mean he advocated that we take Clausen at five, or even at 36. You are not privvy to those conversations. As I said, this report is in no way an indication of the Pioli/Haley/Weis dynamic. To suggest so is utter bullshit, IMHO.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Speaking the truth from past experience is inciting an argument?

People have spent all weekend claiming that is we passed, it's because Weis doesn't want him. The posts don't lie.

Keep trying.

My argument all along has been that Weis' feelings had absolutely no bearing in how we drafted. Pioli would draft who he wanted. That seems to be the case.

OnTheWarpath15
You must not remember how you, OtWP, Dane, Mecca, etc. all gave me so much shit leading up to the draft because I said there was no way we'd draft Clausen. Nobody knew at that point that we'd actually pass up on him twice. I was called a true fan, an idiot, whatever else. Point is, we didn't take him. I'm don't want to take it to the point of "I was right, you were wrong", but I did take a lot of shit for saying what ultimately happened.

I'd like to you link the post in question. You've made a claim, now back it up.

I don't recall ANYONE expecting us to take Clausen. My guess is that you were given shit for dismissing either the possibility of drafting him, or attempting to claim he's a shitty prospect.

I'll wait for those posts, with links to the threads they came from, so we can establish context.

The Franchise
You must not remember how you, OtWP, Dane, Mecca, etc. all gave me so much shit leading up to the draft because I said there was no way we'd draft Clausen. Nobody knew at that point that we'd actually pass up on him twice. I was called a true fan, an idiot, whatever else. Point is, we didn't take him. I don't want to take it to the point of "I was right, you were wrong", but I did take a lot of shit for saying what ultimately happened.

Didn't you also say that we were going to take an OT at #5?

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Didn't you also say that we were going to take an OT at #5?

Not once. I made a song as a joke, but I thought all along the pick would be Berry or a trade down.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 01:56 PM
My argument all along has been that Weis' feelings had absolutely no bearing in how we drafted. Pioli would draft who he wanted. That seems to be the case.

Well you nailed that one. Because that's exactly what I think happened.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 01:57 PM

I disagreed with you but I never intentionally attack you personally. If you thought I did, I don't what to tell yah. I kept it civil

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Well you nailed that one. Because that's exactly what I think happened.

We should take Clausen at #5.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Not once. I made a song as a joke, but I thought all along the pick would be Berry or a trade down.

Hmmm...I guess I got you confused with someone else. My bad...

Mr. Flopnuts
We should take Clausen at #5.

I'm untouchable bitch!

Amnorix

You have zero evidence of that. Zero.

And IMHO it's silly to think that Weis' opinions had "no bearing" on how the Chiefs drafted. I'm sure his opinions were factored in along with everyone else's (scouts, Haley's, etc.)

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 01:59 PM
You're taking this stuff way to personal. The way Hamas worded his post read like Weis gave his approval after they drafted him. I can see how it can be interpeted either way (that Mortensen reported it right afterward). I took it the other way.

That said, I'm not saying that it's bullshit that Mortenson reported it or even questioning that it happened. What I'm saying is bullshit is that the Clausen ball washers are trying to make more out of it than what it is. Especially by trying to say that it is evidence that Pioli doesn't listen to Weis. You have absolutely no proof of that.

Just because he told that to Fox doesn't mean he advocated that we take Clausen at five, or even at 36. You are not privvy to those conversations. As I said, this report is in no way an indication of the Pioli/Haley/Weis dynamic. To suggest so is utter bullshit, IMHO.

I'm not taking anything personal.

But feel free to continue to claim you have a clue you know what I'm thinking.

Like I've said before, find some posts of mine complaining we passed on Clausen from the weekend.

I've been over it since the minute we passed. I'm more upset we passed on solid starters at LB for the players we took.

I'm just enjoying the troll do his work.

MoreLemonPledge
I'd like to you link the post in question. You've made a claim, now back it up.

I don't recall ANYONE expecting us to take Clausen. My guess is that you were given shit for dismissing either the possibility of drafting him, or attempting to claim he's a shitty prospect.

I'll wait for those posts, with links to the threads they came from, so we can establish context.

Let me sift through the thousands of posts made in the last few weeks.

My point all along has been that we wouldn't draft Clausen. Even when it seemed obvious that he'd drop to the end of the first round, people were still clamoring over trading up to draft him. I said that there was no chance we'd draft Clausen (saying nothing about his prospects as a pro, which I'm really not that excited about).

Do you not remember arguing with me over this, or do you argue with so many people that you have a hard time keeping it straight?

Mr. Flopnuts
LMAO Pest has the best picture of Cassel. He looks a little helpless, and retarded. I imagine that's the look on his face for the duration of every game.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 02:00 PM
LMAO Pest has the best picture of Cassel. He looks a little helpless, and retarded. I imagine that's the look on his face for the duration of every game.

that's the same face he has during pressers

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 02:00 PM
You have zero evidence of that. Zero.

And IMHO it's silly to think that Weis' opinions had "no bearing" on how the Chiefs drafted. I'm sure his opinions were factored in along with everyone else's (scouts, Haley's, etc.)

Obviously not, since it's being said that Weis insisted that we draft Clausen and we didn't. That in itself is telling.

penchief
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm not taking anything personal.

But feel free to continue to claim you have a clue you know what I'm thinking.

Like I've said before, find some posts of mine complaining we passed on Clausen from the weekend.

I've been over it since the minute we passed. I'm more upset we passed on solid starters at LB for the players we took.

I'm just enjoying the troll do his work.

I'm not claiming to know what you're thinking. I'm repeating my initial thoughts which appear to have been misintrepeted by you and others who seem to want to suggest that I'm saying something other than what I am.

Please go back and read my initial post and you will see what I think. Who cares what he told Fox. It's not relevant to our draft and it absolutely doesn't prove anything about Pioli and Weis. Unless something in the way of real proof comes to light those who want to make that claim are trying to paint their own picture.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not claiming to know what you're thinking. I'm repeating my initial thoughts which appear to have been misintrepeted by you and others who seem to want to suggest that I'm saying something other than what I am.

Please go back and read my initial post and you will see what I think. Who cares what he told Fox. It's not relevant to our draft and it absolutely doesn't prove anything about Pioli and Weis. Unless something in the way of real proof comes to light those who want to make that claim are trying to paint their own picture.

That's fine, but people need to be consistent.

Your stance is that the comment in question doesn't prove that Pioli overruled Weis.

Fine.

Then you (not personally you, I'm generalizing the board) can't go back and say, "well, we passed on him, Weis must not have wanted him."

You can't have it both ways.

This is a perfect example:

Obviously not, since it's being said that Weis insisted that we draft Clausen and we didn't. That in itself is telling.

That doesn't shed any conclusive light on the situation.

Weis could have been standing on the table arguing for Clausen and was overruled by the man making the final decison.

We'll never know.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Being said where, by whom? I haven't seen that. I don't disbelieve you, but the chatter that goes on here is unreliable.

All I've seen is that Weis recommended the guy to Fox, the coach of ANOTHER team...

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Then you (not personally you, I'm generalizing the board) can't go back and say, "well, we passed on him, Weis must not have wanted him."

That's true also. There's also the issue of wanting him, and thinking he's worth a 2, versus a 3 or a 4. And how much he wanted him.

"He'd be good to have as a backup in case of injury to Cassel since we don't have much in the way of quality backups" isn't the same as "We NEED him, Cassel isn't likely to get it done."

There's want, versus Want, versus WANT, versus MUST HAVE.

And nobody knows WTF Weis had to say there.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 02:15 PM
I've already come to the realization that we'll never know what happened. We'll never know if Weis argued for Clausen or if he told Pioli that he wasn't as good as Cassel.

What I DO know.....is that I'll be following Clausen's career as a Panther. Not because we passed on him....but because he went to the college that I'm a fan of.

It will be telling 5 years from now if Sanchez and Clausen are playing better than Cassel.....or not.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 02:15 PM

Weis could have been standing on the table arguing for Clausen and was overruled by the man making the final decison.

We'll never know.

And that's just my point. If we're so certain that Weis wanted his man, and we didn't get him, then the only logical solution is that Pioli ran the draft as he wanted, not his staff. That's the point I've been trying to make.

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Being said where, by whom? I haven't seen that. I don't disbelieve you, but the chatter that goes on here is unreliable.

All I've seen is that Weis recommended the guy to Fox, the coach of ANOTHER team...

I haven't seen it said from anywhere/anybody reliable. Some around here were certain that was the case, though.

Pioli Zombie
Fuck Clausen. Fuck him sideways. Fuck him from behind. Fuck him up GoChiefs sisters husband ass. Fuck Clausen with a horse. Fuck him with a broken bottle. Fuck him in prison. Fuck him Fuck him Fuck him. May peace be with you.

OnTheWarpath15
That's true also. There's also the issue of wanting him, and thinking he's worth a 2, versus a 3 or a 4. And how much he wanted him.

"He'd be good to have as a backup in case of injury to Cassel since we don't have much in the way of quality backups" isn't the same as "We NEED him, Cassel isn't likely to get it done."

There's want, versus Want, versus WANT, versus MUST HAVE.

And nobody knows WTF Weis had to say there.

Throw perceived need into the equation as well.

Brock
04-27-2010, 02:21 PM
We'll be going through all of this again next year, only moreso because a lot more prospects than this draft.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
We'll be going through all of this again next year, only moreso because a lot more prospects than this draft.

Nah, I think the writing is on the wall for a lot of us.

Cassel is here for the long haul.

JMO.

Archie Bunker
04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
I've already come to the realization that we'll never know what happened. We'll never know if Weis argued for Clausen or if he told Pioli that he wasn't as good as Cassel.

What I DO know.....is that I'll be following Clausen's career as a Panther. Not because we passed on him....but because he went to the college that I'm a fan of.

It will be telling 5 years from now if Sanchez and Clausen are playing better than Cassel.....or not.

This.

Between BRC's report of Weis wanting him, this report by King, TBG's report that Weis didn't want him here, and King's report that Clausen was never an option in KC, I really don't know what to believe at this point.

Personally I would've taken him with 2A but we will probably never know for sure what happened. Should be interesting watching the three QB's over the next few years.

penchief
04-27-2010, 02:29 PM
That's fine, but people need to be consistent.

Your stance is that the comment in question doesn't prove that Pioli overruled Weis.

Fine.

This is a perfect example:

We'll never know.

I have never said that Weis must not have wanted him. I've simply said that the draft proved he wasn't worth the fifth overall pick and the fact that we passed over him twice does suggest that (as a franchise) we liked other players better. The fact that he lasted until the 48th pick validates that position. And who knows how far he would have dropped had Carolina (a quarterback hungry team) not taken him.

Now, my only beef is not with the report but with the attempt to present it as evidence that Weis jumped up and down screaming for Clausen and the ONLY reason we didn't draft him was because Pioli is incompetent and overruled him. To me, that's bullshit. That's making a lot of assumptions without any proof.

Clausen went to a team that drafted three quarterbacks in the same draft. They drafted Armanti Edwards in the 3rd and Tony Pike in the 6th. Sounds to me like they were going to take whatever they could get their hands on moreso than they thought Clausen was a sure-fire franchise quarterback. Because if you thought that you'd nailed it in the second round why would you throw two more draft choices at such a high risk position?

Listen, I hope Clausen succeeds. I don't wish ill-will on anyone. But on the flip-side, I also think it is completely unfair to the chiefs front office to keep casting aspersions based on nothing more than speculation.

the Talking Can
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM

i only wish....more likely Cassel has 2 years before we even consider drafting a QB...no chance next year...

after this year, if things go badly, they'll say the next year is make-or-break...then they'll again draft to help him out..

2012, if we're lucky

it's obvious Cassel is Pioli's guy, maybe even more than Haley...

Hootie
04-27-2010, 02:33 PM
if we took Clausen at #5, I would have been fine with it...that would have meant we knew something other teams didn't know and I would have supported the pick...

the fact we passed on him twice is all I needed to know about Jimmy Clausen.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 02:34 PM

I will. And since it will be one of my favorite Husky's of all time, I expect next year is the year I go bat shit. Unless of course Cassel surprises us all and lights the world on fire this year.

Archie Bunker
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
I will. And since it will be one of my favorite Husky's of all time, I expect next year is the year I go bat shit. Unless of course Cassel surprises us all and lights the world on fire this year.

Next year we will all be divided into camps. Locker vs Mallett vs Gabbert vs Luck. Throw in the trenches crowd and it should be a blood bath.

orange
04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
"Charlie said he's probably the best he's ever had,'' Fox said. "He said, 'Take this guy. Trust me.'

Sounds like there was never any chance that the Chiefs would take him.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Next year we will all be divided into camps. Locker vs Mallett vs Gabbert vs Luck. Throw in the trenches crowd and it should be a blood bath.

Oh that should be fun. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 02:43 PM

According to that, I agree.

It doesn't change, however, WHY we weren't taking him.

Did Charlie not want him, or did Pioli overrule him?

We'll likely never know.

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Clausen at #5.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Clausen at #5.

LMAO

The Franchise
04-27-2010, 02:47 PM
LMAO

ROFL....I think I'm going to post that every time Cassel throws an INT. :D

keg in kc
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I've already come to the realization that we'll never know what happened. We'll never know if Weis argued for Clausen or if he told Pioli that he wasn't as good as Cassel.Yep. The only fact we know is that the Chiefs didn't take him. We don't know why. We don't know where he fell on their board. We don't know what Weis thinks of Cassel. We don't really know anything. 'course, it's the internet thing to do to automatically jump to the worst-case scenario. And maybe it's true. Maybe Weis was jumping up on the table for him, but Pioli shot him down. Who knows. I don't.

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Wasn't there video posted of the war room when they took Berry and neither Wies nor Crennel were present?

yep, now how was there a standoff between pioli and weis at 36 then?

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 02:55 PM

We'll never know.

how could he have done that if he wasnt there?

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 02:58 PM

i have a question. weis saying that clausen "was the best he's EVER had". does that mean in the pros or just ncaa.

if its the former and weis thought clausen was better than brady IMO we would have taken him.

if its the latter clausen is only better than quinn.

quinn went for a 5th this year

MoreLemonPledge
04-27-2010, 02:59 PM

I'll throw my hat in the Gabbert ring.

Amnorix
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
i have a question. weis saying that clausen "was the best he's EVER had". does that mean in the pros [i.e. Tom freaking Brady] or just ncaa.

You get one guess. I'm hoping you can get it right...

:p

Quesadilla Joe
04-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Well that's a first.

neg

Mojo Jojo
04-27-2010, 04:10 PM
After the contract Pioli gave Matt...no way he can draft a QB. That would be saying my first real decision as the man was wrong. Pioli's ego is bigger than Carl's and now he doesn't have BB to bail him out.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2010, 04:43 PM
After the contract Pioli gave Matt...no way he can draft a QB. That would be saying my first real decision as the man was wrong. Pioli's ego is bigger than Carl's and now he doesn't have BB to bail him out.

:thumb:

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
You get one guess. I'm hoping you can get it right...

:p

I know. i just cant see how these other guy cant understand

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 04:49 PM

i dont agree.

why set the contract up in the way they did?

Mojo Jojo
04-27-2010, 04:59 PM
i dont agree.

why set the contract up in the way they did?

Ego is issue #1. Money is #2. Scott makes Carl look humble.

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Ego is issue #1. Money is #2. Scott makes Carl look humble.

i disagree. we'll just have to agree to disagree here

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2010, 05:06 PM
i disagree. we'll just have to agree to disagree here

Knowing his contacts I would change your stance.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 05:28 PM
neg

LMAO

Hammock Parties
04-27-2010, 05:34 PM
is that the same guy who cited Jack Harry and Nick "Assclown" Athan when Shanahan's deal was done?

Never MIND the fact that Nick never had ANY contact with Chris Mortensen.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2010, 05:35 PM
ROFL....I think I'm going to post that every time Cassel throws an INT. :D

Fuck, I'm in. The deal is done. Every fucking time.

:facepalm: sigh. We should've taken Clausen at five.

SAUTO
04-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Knowing his contacts I would change your stance.

i understand. but i still disagree:p

Sully
04-27-2010, 06:12 PM

I'm going to throw out my anti-spread QB stance and jump squarely on the "I'm an MU homer and want Gabbert if he declares" bandwagon.

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm going to throw out my anti-spread QB stance and jump squarely on the "I'm an MU homer and want Gabbert if he declares" bandwagon.

I don't blame you, the guy is the best overall QB prospect in years

Saccopoo
04-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't blame you, the guy is the best overall QB prospect in years

He's no Garrett Gilbert, but he's okay.

BossChief
04-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Ya know the only thing that sucks for the Jimmy in Carolina?

He has the same quarterbacks coach that ruined Clevelands quarterback position (and notably the last quarterback to come from ND Brady Quinn)

Saul Good
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
The Redskins didn't have a 2nd round pick and they weren't taking Clausen at #4.

The Cardinals signed Derek Anderson in the offseason and were more than willing to let Leinart have his shot.

The 49ers passed....I'm assuming because they think that this is Alex Smith's final year to prove he can do it.

The Broncos drafted Tebow.

The Raiders obviously were fine with Gradkowski and then went out and traded for Campbell.

The Vikings have Sage Rosenfels (trade) and Jackson who they just re-signed.

The Jaguars didn't have a 2nd round pick and were obviously in love with Alulua (sp?).

You pretty much proved his point here.

Cardinals: Think that Leinert and Derek Anderson are better options.

Redskins: Weren't willing to trade up/down to get him.

49ers: Would rather go with Alex Smith

Broncos: Ummmmm we'll take Tebow

Raiders: Went with Gradkowski and a QB who they picked up for an 11th rounder in 2019

Vikings: Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels...seriously?

Let the record show that I wanted us to take Clausen at 2b. That said, some of the arguments here make no sense. The Chiefs have more invested in Cassel than most of the teams on his list do in their QBs. We gave up the 35th(?) pick in the draft and paid the guy $15,000,000, and people expect us to draft Clausen with the 36th pick, but those same people are saying that other teams passed on him because they are already invested in their current QBs. It makes no sense.

Let's put it this way: If Bradford had not been drafted #1, how many of those 19 teams would have picked him in the 1st round?

Pioli Zombie
04-27-2010, 09:01 PM
I cannot believe people here ever thought there was chance in living hell they drafting Clausen. Nobody. NOBODY has ever reported or indicated that.

Chiefnj2
04-28-2010, 07:14 AM
I cannot believe people here ever thought there was chance in living hell they drafting Clausen. Nobody. NOBODY has ever reported or indicated that.

How about Schefter's tweet after day 1?

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2010, 08:27 AM
How about Schefter's tweet after day 1?

Conjecture.

HemiEd
04-28-2010, 09:30 AM
For some reason....this doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of Cassel.

Q: What do you think about Matt Cassel?

A: He's on our team.

Yeah, that one really hit home with me. It is what he didn't say.

HemiEd
04-28-2010, 10:05 AM

Then what? Start over? Again?

BossChief
04-28-2010, 05:14 PM

It says "hey guys, which one of you hid my milk? Cmon guys!"

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgTQnzMFW8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgTQnzMFW8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

salame
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/unc/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/2514179.jpeg

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgTQnzMFW8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgTQnzMFW8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:facepalm:

salame
04-28-2010, 11:50 PM
morelemon pledge
that is you
it is you
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2010, 11:52 PM
:facepalm:

A long, long, time ago.........
I can still remember.........

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2010, 05:44 PM
What's going to be really fun is comparing Cassel and Sanchez and Clausen for the next 4-5 years.

Oh and I'm sure now someone will tell me to go become a Panther's/Jets fan.....

Fxd!

Oh, and Hootie is a complete horses ass in this thread. "We're not going to take QB's in round one and two"?????

Well then fuck us in the ass as we LIVE THE TRUE FAN DREAM!!!!

YAY HOOTIE! YAY FAGG WAGON!!!!

God he sucks ass...:rolleyes: