PDA

View Full Version : Misc TX Gov. shoots coyote on jog

rambleonthruthefog
04-28-2010, 11:49 AM
i f'n hate rick perry! i must admit though, i kinda like the fact that my gov. carries a weapon on him at times.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36812563/ns/us_news/?Gt1=43001

rambleonthruthefog
04-28-2010, 11:52 AM
AUSTIN, Texas - Pistol-packing Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.

Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday he needed just one shot from the laser-sighted pistol he sometimes carries while jogging to take down a coyote that menaced his puppy during a February run near Austin.

Perry said he will carry his .380 Ruger — loaded with hollow-point bullets — when jogging on trails because he is afraid of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in the undeveloped area.

When one came out of the brush toward his daughter's Labrador retriever, Perry charged.

"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," he said Tuesday.

Perry, a Republican running for a third full term against Democrat Bill White, is living in a private house in a hilly area southwest of downtown Austin while the Governor's Mansion is being repaired after a 2008 fire. A concealed handgun permit holder, Perry carries the pistol in a belt.

"I knew there were a lot of predators out there. You'll hear a pack of coyotes. People are losing small cats and dogs all the time out there in that community," Perry said.

"They're very wily creatures."

On this particular morning, Perry said, he was jogging without his security detail shortly after sunrise.

"I'm enjoying the run when something catches my eye and it's this coyote. I know he knows I'm there. He never looks at me, he is laser-locked on that dog," Perry said.

"I holler and the coyote stopped. I holler again. By this time I had taken my weapon out and charged it. It is now staring dead at me. Either me or the dog are in imminent danger. I did the appropriate thing and sent it to where coyotes go," he said.

Perry said the laser-pointer helped make a quick, clean kill.

"It was not in a lot of pain," he said. "It pretty much went down at that particular juncture."

Texas state law allows people to shoot coyotes that are threatening livestock or domestic animals. The dog was unharmed, Perry said.

Perry's security detail was not required to file a report about the governor discharging a weapon, said Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Tela Mange.

"People shoot coyotes all the time, snakes all the time," Mange said. "We don't write reports."

The governor left the coyote where it fell.

"He became mulch," Perry said.

StcChief
04-28-2010, 11:56 AM
perfect. glad he's packin'

The Franchise
04-28-2010, 11:59 AM
A laser sighted pistol.....for snakes? Really?

beer bacon
04-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Man goes on shooting spree and wins election in landslide.

rambleonthruthefog
04-28-2010, 12:02 PM

with hollow points!

big nasty kcnut
Hell good for him i hate snakes. Kill them all.

Radar Chief

:shrug: He must not be any good at shooting it.

Fish
04-28-2010, 12:04 PM
By this time I had taken my weapon out and charged it. It is now staring dead at me. Either me or the dog are in imminent danger.

IT'S COMING RIGHT AT ME!!

blaise
04-28-2010, 12:05 PM
So, a road runner shot a coyote

Hammock Parties
04-28-2010, 12:07 PM
I'd use it to snipe squirrels and birds.

The jog would be fun as hell.

Radar Chief
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
IT'S COMING RIGHT AT ME!!

Yea, I saw that.
“It was me or the coyote.” :spock: Not unless it was rabid. Otherwise if he’d have yelled and stomped his feet the coyote probably would’ve tucked tail and run.

petegz28
04-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I'd use it to snipe squirrels and birds.

The jog would be fun as hell.

WTF would you want to kill a bird or a squirrel??

HoneyBadger
04-28-2010, 12:11 PM
This is why we should be able to carry guns.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2010, 12:14 PM
WTF would you want to kill a bird or a squirrel??

Can't get away with killing humans.

rambleonthruthefog
04-28-2010, 12:15 PM
This is why we should be able to carry guns.

no, this is why we should be able to carry guns.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Mugging-Victim-Shoots-Mugger-Cops-92117109.html

Sofa King
04-28-2010, 12:16 PM
The coyote must not have been able to get the fuse lit... further proof that Acme rocket fuse's are too long, like i've been saying for years...

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I think carrying a gun when ur jogging in the Hill Country is just good common sense

B_Ambuehl
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
That coyote wouldn't have done anything to either him or his dog. If the dog was a little poodle, possibly, but I grew up 2 hours from austin and used to go hiking all the time with my golden retriever. The coyotes were terrified of him and would only stand around and survey the scene while the dog was a good distance away, then they'd take off running. The coyote was probably trying to decide whether the dog would attack and which way to run when he did.

Goldmember
04-28-2010, 12:30 PM
That coyote wouldn't have done anything to either him or his dog. If the dog was a little poodle, possibly, but I grew up 2 hours from austin and used to go hiking all the time with my golden retriever. The coyotes were terrified of him and would only stand around and survey the scene while the dog was a good distance away, then they'd take off running. The coyote was probably trying to decide whether the dog would attack and which way to run when he did.

Exactly, what a big pussy!! I see them all the time mt. biking and they do all they can to avoid me. I try to get up close but they keep their distance. Shoot snakes???? This guy is a big fucking pussy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Only in Texas !

Kudos to the Gov.

Everyone should be packing ,especially if you're the governor and

coyotes need to die

Radar Chief
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Yeah, he must have a particularly small, sickly and/or old lab if a coyote was coming out after it. Most labs are almost twice the size of a coyote and should be more than enough of a match for the coyote to think twice about coming after one.
Only exceptions I can think of are if the coyote was rabid or if it wasn’t alone but the Gov. didn’t see the other coyotes.

Radar Chief
04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Shoot snakes???? This guy is a big ****ing pussy.

:shrug: Depending on where I am I’ll shoot snakes on sight, same with snapping turtles. We’re over run with them and they harm the population of game fish and birds. But I’m also using a .22 rifle, not a .380 handgun.

loochy
04-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Man, if Rick Perry was a ChiefsPlanet member, I'd rep him to infinity for this. Awesome. :D

BigRedChief
04-28-2010, 12:44 PM
The coyote must not have been able to get the fuse lit... further proof that Acme rocket fuse's are too long, like i've been saying for years...You would think they would have made some modifications to the design by now.:rolleyes:

Sofa King
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
You would think they would have made some modifications to the design by now.:rolleyes:

yeah, like a shorter fuse, seat belts, parachutes, blast shield under to seat to help prevent those pesky "blow up immediately" cases..

maybe this deserves it's own thread... probably have to be in the DC though... it's some pretty hardcore stuff...

blaise
04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
True Men Don't Kill Coyotes.

seclark
04-28-2010, 12:58 PM
True Men Don't Kill Coyotes.

maybe not, but real men do.
sec

BigRedChief
04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
True Men Don't Kill Coyotes.No chit they make a loud noise and the coyote runs away.ROFL

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
fuck i wonder if i can hire him out to hunt the fox off my place.

Goldmember
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
:shrug: Depending on where I am I’ll shoot snakes on sight, same with snapping turtles. We’re over run with them and they harm the population of game fish and birds. But I’m also using a .22 rifle, not a .380 handgun.

Then you'll be overun with rats, mice, ground squirrels, etc.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
**** i wonder if i can hire him out to hunt the fox off my place.

Real men don't hire other men to kill varmints on their own property.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I wonder how many hookers and circus midgets he has offed with the same pistol.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Possibly, but a sick coyote will do crazy !@#$.

I wouldn't take any chances either. If a coyote were acting strangely around me or my dog, and I had a firearm, the world would be down 1 coyote. Sick, injured or hungry animals do strange things.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Real men don't hire other men to kill varmints on their own property.

Dont tell me about killin varmits, i done killed em all at one time or another. Fox just suck cause you gotta find the dens, cop a squat and wait it out. I dont own camo so ill have to wait till the wind is right and the dog is on point. in the day light no less.

RJ
04-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah, he must have a particularly small, sickly and/or old lab if a coyote was coming out after it. Most labs are almost twice the size of a coyote and should be more than enough of a match for the coyote to think twice about coming after one.
Only exceptions I can think of are if the coyote was rabid or if it wasn’t alone but the Gov. didn’t see the other coyotes.

The article describes the dog as a puppy.

PunkinDrublic
04-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Us taxpayers are paying for him to stay in a multimillion dollar mansion while the Governers mansion is being repaired from a couple of months ago.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Coyotes, eagles, Great Horned Owls & bobcats are the only things keeping the rabbit population in check here in the Bay Area. We don't shoot any of the predators as we jog. Keeps varmint populations down. Also, I don't buy his South Park defense... guy's a fargin icehole.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Listen, if you're out there in the shit and you see some varmit poking his head out towards you or your dog then why wouldn't you whip out your laser sited pistol and dispatch said varmit? Who wants their dog to get into a fight with a possibly rabid coyote?

Radar Chief
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Then you'll be overun with rats, mice, ground squirrels, etc.

Only if you do nothing about them.
Snakes aren’t the only way to take care of those varmints.

Radar Chief
04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
The article describes the dog as a puppy.

Ah, should’ve read closer. That makes a little more sense then.

penguinz
04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Listen, if you're out there in the shit and you see some varmit poking his head out towards you or your dog then why wouldn't you whip out your laser sited pistol and dispatch said varmit? Who wants their dog to get into a fight with a possibly rabid coyote?You are right. The proper response is to shoot any animal you see because there is the slightest chance it may harm you.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Yea, I saw that.
“It was me or the coyote.” :spock: Not unless it was rabid. Otherwise if he’d have yelled and stomped his feet the coyote probably would’ve tucked tail and run.

Probably, but I wouldn't take a chance either. I'd shoot it dead and keep running.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 01:52 PM
You are right. The proper response is to shoot any animal you see because there is the slightest chance it may harm you.

I can't tell if your taking the piss here but let me add this. Any self respecting predator would hear a man coming from a long way off. If the coyote wanted to get away all it had to do was stay out of sight. It's reasonable to assume the Gov. could come across a Rattlesnake, Coyote or even a medium sized cat like a Bobcat in the this part of the country.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 01:53 PM
The coyote must not have been able to get the fuse lit... further proof that Acme rocket fuse's are too long, like i've been saying for years...

Best post in thread.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I can't tell if your taking the piss here but let me add this. Any self respecting predator would hear a man coming from a long way off. If the coyote wanted to get away all it had to do was stay out of sight. It's reasonable to assume the Gov. could come across a Rattlesnake, Coyote or even a medium sized cat like a Bobcat in the this part of the country.

If the animal was raised or migrated to an urban area chances are it'd be abit less shy of humans.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
You are right. The proper response is to shoot any animal you see because there is the slightest chance it may harm you.

Exactly. Outside of himself, he also has the right to protect his property.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 02:02 PM
If the animal was raised or migrated to an urban area chances are it'd be abit less shy of humans.

Sure it's possible. Personally, I don't really like to hunt. That being said I would be aggressive if I was out in the country and any predator or territorial type of animal showed itself or exhibited aggressive behavior. A man in a jogging suit and sneakers doesn't have much in the way of defense outside of a weapon. I guess the Gov. could of tried to scare off the Coyote but what if it didn't scare? Then you're face to face with a little, possibly disease filled, predator. Even if it is small it could still do damage. It's not like he shot a bald Eagle or Bambi.

Saccopoo
04-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Unless it was rabid, there is no fucking way a coyote is approaching a full grown man. No fucking way. They can't run away fast enough.

The dipshit is out there shooting anything that moves and doesn't want to be labeled a psycho, so he says the coyote was about to attack. He's full of shit.

Laser sighted .380 semi auto with hollow points for snakes? And I thought that the Utah legislature was going to be tough to beat. (They still are, as we are the only state in the Union that allows concealed firearms to be carried on state higher education campuses, but I'm sure Texas is close in terms of state rights cowboy mentality.)

penguinz
04-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Exactly. Outside of himself, he also has the right to protect his property.With what he used it is fairly obvious he carries the gun and shot it because he likes to shoot things. A .380 Ruger with hollow points and a laser sight is not what one carries to off a snake.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
there is no ****ing way a coyote is approaching a full grown man. No ****ing way.

Hey now... he might have been the very 1st human in the history of mankind killed by a lone coyote had he not defended himself. Its almost sorta kinda close to possible, maybe.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Sure it's possible. Personally, I don't really like to hunt. That being said I would be aggressive if I was out in the country and any predator or territorial type of animal showed itself or exhibited aggressive behavior. A man in a jogging suit and sneakers doesn't have much in the way of defense outside of a weapon. I guess the Gov. could of tried to scare off the Coyote but what if it didn't scare? Then you're face to face with a little, possibly disease filled, predator. Even if it is small it could still do damage. It's not like he shot a bald Eagle or Bambi.

I had a buck in the rut i was upwind from come right in on top of me, in my own yard. It was nighttime and thats the only reasonable excuse i can come up with as to why a buck would get within 6-8 ft of me.
fun.
You never know the motives of animals when they act funny, could have been curious,diseased,dumb, or protecting its den. It is that time of year and ive had varmits come right out after me to protect its kits.

Fish
04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Unless it was rabid, there is no fucking way a coyote is approaching a full grown man. No fucking way. They can't run away fast enough.

The dipshit is out there shooting anything that moves and doesn't want to be labeled a psycho, so he says the coyote was about to attack. He's full of shit.

Laser sighted .380 semi auto with hollow points for snakes? And I thought that the Utah legislature was going to be tough to beat. (They still are, as we are the only state in the Union that allows concealed firearms to be carried on state higher education campuses, but I'm sure Texas is close in terms of state rights cowboy mentality.)

Uhh uhhhhh....

http://www.ktka.com/news/2010/mar/24/house-approves-concealed-carry-campus/

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Unless it was rabid, there is no ****ing way a coyote is approaching a full grown man. No ****ing way. They can't run away fast enough.

if i see a snake i dont like i just go around it or leave.

RJ
04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
The real reason he carries a gun is for the Mexican drug cartels.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM
The real reason he carries a gun is for the Mexican drug cartels.

if thats the case he better get a M4.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I had a buck in the rut i was upwind from come right in on top of me, in my own yard. It was nighttime and thats the only reasonable excuse i can come up with as to why a buck would get within 6-8 ft of me.
fun.
You never know the motives of animals when they act funny, could have been curious,diseased,dumb, or protecting its den. It is that time of year and ive had varmits come right out after me to protect its kits.

Yep. Why risk it. Carry a gun or bring a good guard dog with you. I run with my dog at night in the Hill Country. She's about 50lbs or so and alerts me if something is near. Which is good because I like to wear my IPOD.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2010, 02:27 PM
fun.

Exactly.

Everyone keeps saying "unless it was rabid, blah blah blah". Well hell, let's just get out a Q-tip and swab it's mouth real quick.

Everybody is saying that the Coyote would've just run away, well the damn thing didn't do that. If an animal is doing something out of the ordinary and you have your person or property to protect, that's good enough for me.

This animal was acting strangely. At that point, all the qualifications of what a 'normal' coyote would have done are irrelevant.

Saccopoo
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Uhh uhhhhh....

http://www.ktka.com/news/2010/mar/24/house-approves-concealed-carry-campus/

Awesome. It's the new hip thing for college kids to accessorize with...that's great.

Fish
04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Awesome. It's the new hip thing for college kids to accessorize with...that's great.

Also... it makes for a great date rape tool...

Chiefnj2
04-28-2010, 02:35 PM
He carries the gun with hollow points because he's afraid of snakes? Now I don't feel so bad about carrying around a flame thrower because of my fear of spiders.

Saccopoo
04-28-2010, 02:35 PM
if i see a snake i dont like i just go around it or leave.

I think most normal people do. I don't know a lot of people who go out for a morning jog packing Terminator hardware.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJRLoGYtkEM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJRLoGYtkEM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
wrong...

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
the thing is the t-800 model should have known that the phased plasma rifle would have not been available in 1985 and therefore not asked the clerk for it. To me that is a serious movie goof.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
I know this guy who bought a lab puppy and was keeping it outside at night because it wasn't house broken yet. He lives about 10 miles from me in the Hill Country near Driftwood. He woke up in the middle of the night to the dog barking and all hell breaking loose. Three Coyotes got a hold of the dog and chewed it up so bad that it died an hour or two later.

He took the corpse. Tied it to a tree and got out his Rifle with night a site. He killed them all when they came back to eat the remains.

seclark
04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
I know this guy who bought a lab puppy and was keeping it outside at night because it wasn't house broken yet. He lives about 10 miles from me in the Hill Country near Driftwood. He woke up in the middle of the night to the dog barking and all hell breaking loose. Three Coyotes got a hold of the dog and chewed it up so bad that it died an hour or two later.

He took the corpse. Tied it to a tree and got out his Rifle with night a site. He killed them all when they came back to eat the remains.

hell, i've gut shot coyotes and watched others in the pack turn on it. kinda like this place sometimes.
sec

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
fuck man, thats what a kennel is for

Radar Chief
04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
What’s the big deal with a .380 and hollow points? That’s not a particularly big or powerful caliber.
Hell, when I go fishing at the river I’m typically carrying a .45 Colt with 230 grain hollow points, but that’s not for the snakes, turtles or even coyotes. That’s for the meth monkeys. ;)

DJ's left nut
04-28-2010, 02:48 PM

Fuck that, if a coyote took even a poke at one of my labs, I'd shoot the little bastards in the legs so I could work them over myself.

I think I'd have to slow roast the MFers.

Saccopoo
04-28-2010, 02:49 PM

That's nice.

Tie up a midnight snack in hill country where you know coyotes are and are surprised that they attacked a puppy?

The guy you know should have shot himself if he was so pissed out something eating his dog, because it's his fault it got gnawed on in the first place.

Fucking people act all surprised when some aspect of nature rears it's head and interjects itself into human life when the humans locate themselves into the middle of what was originally the animals domain. God damn suburban sprawl.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
What’s the big deal with a .380 and hollow points? That’s not a particularly big or powerful caliber.
Hell, when I go fishing at the river I’m typically carrying a .45 Colt with 230 grain hollow points, but that’s not for the snakes, turtles or even coyotes. That’s for the meth monkeys. ;)

I packed a IMI .44 desert eagle for years.;)

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
With what he used it is fairly obvious he carries the gun and shot it because he likes to shoot things. A .380 Ruger with hollow points and a laser sight is not what one carries to off a snake.

That's totally irrelevent. Maybe he doesn't like to miss or be left wanting. Either way he has a right to defend himself and his property(which in this case was a dog.)

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
That's nice.

Tie up a midnight snack in hill country where you know coyotes are and are surprised that they attacked a puppy?

The guy you know should have shot himself if he was so pissed out something eating his dog, because it's his fault it got gnawed on in the first place.

****ing people act all surprised when some aspect of nature rears it's head and interjects itself into human life when the humans locate themselves into the middle of what was originally the animals domain. God damn suburban sprawl.

Its not like the varmit population is in peril.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
That's nice.

****ing people act all surprised when some aspect of nature rears it's head and interjects itself into human life when the humans locate themselves into the middle of what was originally the animals domain. God damn suburban sprawl.

And people like you act all crazy because he fixed the problem. Probably because you saw Fox and the Hound to many times whne you were a kid.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
that fact that its says "replica" on the side of your gun,

and the fact that ive got "desert eagle... POINT 5 OH"....written on the side of mine should precipitate your balls into shrinking

vailpass
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Its a fugging coyote. They are useful for adjusting your sights, thats about it.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm a little curious why people keep emphasizing 'hollow point'.

Folks, that's just a bullet. Sure, the shape's a little different but people act like it's some sort of tactical bullet used only during night incursions. Perhaps they've seen too many Dirty Harry movies.

Guess what I put into my stupid Ruger Mk-II plinkin' pistol? I use GASP hollow point long rifle....22s. The hollow points make a bullet just a little higher caliber by virtue of the air pocket on the leading edge of them. Otherwise, there's not a whole lot to them. These things aren't armor plated cop-killers and I'd imagine most people buying pistol rounds buy hollow points without even thinking about it.

You're essentially saying that anyone carrying a pistol should be carrying a .22 or a 9 mil? A .22 is pretty damn hard to hit a moving creature with unless you shoot a fair amount. A 9 mil is easier to hit stuff with, but is a terrible personal protection weapon; it's not stopping anyone that's coming at you with any degree of anger.

So do you recommend that Gov. Perry have both a 9 mil in one hand for shootin' varmints and a .380 in the other for protection? Or he could just carry a single firearm, as is his legal right.

The caliber/type of bullet here is completely irrelevant.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
That's nice.

He was upset with himself.

penguinz
04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
That's totally irrelevent. Maybe he doesn't like to miss or be left wanting. Either way he has a right to defend himself and his property(which in this case was a dog.)Or done what most people would have done which is leave the dog at home if it is just a puppy and you know you are going to be in an area where it might be in danger.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Or done what most people would have done which is leave the dog at home if it is just a puppy and you know you are going to be in an area where it might be in danger.

You're totally right.

Most people never take puppies on jogging trails. That's completely unreasonable.

Fuck, some of you people will stretch the bounds of reason shockingly thin when they get in the way of an agenda....

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Or done what most people would have done which is leave the dog at home if it is just a puppy and you know you are going to be in an area where it might be in danger.

So now he can't enjoy himself with his dog? Seriously? LOL. His puppy could be in danger anywhere. Following your logic no one should leave their house

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
You're totally right.

Most people never take puppies on jogging trails. That's completely unreasonable.

****, some of you people will stretch the bounds of reason shockingly thin when they get in the way of an agenda....

Seriously.

vailpass
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Some of the posts on this thread make it clear why America is in the shape in which she finds herself today.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
that fact that its says "replica" on the side of your gun,

and the fact that ive got "desert eagle... POINT 5 OH"....written on the side of mine should precipitate your balls into shrinking

There are two types of ball. Big brave balls and little mincy faggot balls.

T-post Tom
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Fox News now reporting that the coyote was carrying an Acme anvil.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Tie a puppy to a stake in the middle of a field at night and it makes a great coyote call.

vailpass
04-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Tie a puppy to a stake in the middle of a field at night and it makes a great coyote call.

They are weird animals. They will send a female coyote in heat into a yard where a dog lives. Once the bitch draws the dog out the pack will spring and devour.
If you have never heard a pack of coyotes in full swing it is eerie, part screaming part laughing all loud and crazy.
Real good for target practice.

Fish
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
They are weird animals. They will send a female coyote in heat into a yard where a dog lives. Once the bitch draws the dog out the pack will spring and devour.
If you have never heard a pack of coyotes in full swing it is eerie, part screaming part laughing all loud and crazy.

Whaaat? Where did you hear that? I don't believe it a bit.

vailpass
04-28-2010, 05:09 PM

Hear it? My buddy in Cave Creek had it happen last summer. Don't know what the coyotes are like where you live but that's what happened.

Fish
04-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Hear it? My buddy in Cave Creek had it happen last summer. Don't know what the coyotes are like where you live but that's what happened.

When a bitch is in heat... there's nothing going on but fucking. They don't use her as bait instead. She's only in heat for maybe 5 days a year.

vailpass
04-28-2010, 05:14 PM
When a bitch is in heat... there's nothing going on but ****ing. They don't use her as bait instead. She's only in heat for maybe 5 days a year.

Do you have coyotes by your house? I'm not looking to argue, just sharing something that happened that I found interesting.

Fish
04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Do you have coyotes by your house?

I grew up on a farm. My family hunts coyotes with greyhounds we breed and raise ourselves specifically for the purpose. Yes we have coyotes.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2010, 05:17 PM

Eerie's a good word for it.

Not a comforting sound. Even if you know you could punt kick one of the bastards a solid 10 feet, it will still send a chill up your spine.

Fish
04-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I'd wager a good amount that coyotes do not possess the ability to use a female in heat as bait. They use lots of pack tactics, but that isn't one of them. When they're in heat all they do is fuck. They wouldn't be hunting during that. And they sure as hell wouldn't let a horny bitch wander away from the pack.

vailpass
04-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I'd wager a good amount that coyotes do not possess the ability to use a female in heat as bait. They use lots of pack tactics, but that isn't one of them. When they're in heat all they do is ****. They wouldn't be hunting during that. And they sure as hell wouldn't let a horny bitch wander away from the pack.

Got it Fish, no worries. Do I strike you as a liar?
It's a big wide world out there full of things we don't yet know.

The coyote here have all been displaced by development and have turned into garbage eaters and urban hunters.

My buddy is a native AZ guy, owns a cabin in ShowLow, boats on Havasu, quads at Glamis, hunts javalina with a bow, etc. etc.

If he says it happened I believe him.

Fish
04-28-2010, 05:30 PM
An even creepier sound is the mountain lion. If you've ever had the good fortune to hear it, you'd never forget it. Kind of a cross between a baby crying and a lady screaming. Spooky.

Heard one near our house late one night. Both our dogs were just paralyzed looking over the fence down in the draw behind our house. My biggest dog Sampson was a greyhound that came from the best greyhound bloodline in KS. Huge greyhound. Killed a badger by himself when he was barely a year old. And he had his tail tucked between his legs cowering by my leg. Saw the tracks the next morning.

Fish
04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Got it Fish, no worries. Do I strike you as a liar?
It's a big wide world out there full of things we don't yet know.

The coyote here have all been displaced by development and have turned into garbage eaters and urban hunters.

My buddy is a native AZ guy, owns a cabin in ShowLow, boats on Havasu, quads at Glamis, hunts javalina with a bow, etc. etc.

If he says it happened I believe him.

No I don't think you're lying, I just think you were misinformed. It doesn't fit their behavior. Not saying I'm a coyote expert or anything. But they just don't hunt like that. Coyotes are very adaptive, but when it's breeding time, that's priority #1 and they don't share.

vailpass
04-28-2010, 05:39 PM
No I don't think you're lying, I just think you were misinformed. It doesn't fit their behavior. Not saying I'm a coyote expert or anything. But they just don't hunt like that. Coyotes are very adaptive, but when it's breeding time, that's priority #1 and they don't share.

Different hunting & mating behaviors in different eco systems do exist, do they not?
These animals have all been driven from their natural habitat by sprawl (less so in Cave Creek) and so have had to develop new hunting strategies.
A hundred years ago the coyote here weren't eating out of trash cans and dog food dishes but they do now.

Looks like I've beat this horse to death.
Cheers Fish.
vp

Fish
04-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Different hunting & mating behaviors in different eco systems do exist, do they not?
These animals have all been driven from their natural habitat by sprawl (less so in Cave Creek) and so have had to develop new hunting strategies.
A hundred years ago the coyote here weren't eating out of trash cans and dog food dishes but they do now.

Cheers Fish.
vp

I don't think that 5 days out of the year is enough to create a hunting behavioral pattern over time. Especially when those 5 days also happen to be the only 5 days a year when the fellas can bust a nut.

Anyway.. Cheers bud.

vailpass
04-28-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't think that 5 days out of the year is enough to create a hunting behavioral pattern over time. Especially when those 5 days also happen to be the only 5 days a year when the fellas can bust a nut.
Anyway.. Cheers bud.

You can't send the woman for a sandwich after you get done with her?:D

Radar Chief
04-28-2010, 06:04 PM

Dude, coyotes are devious, problem solving smart. I've seen them run a pack of hunting dogs back and forth across a highway until they thin enough of them out to work an escape.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Fish, Vailpass is right , a pack tried doing the same thing to me but I didn't fall for it.

NewChief
04-28-2010, 06:24 PM
This is a great article on the coyote hybrids that have started terrorizing the northeast.

http://outside.away.com/outside/culture/201003/coyote-attacks-1.html

Lonewolf Ed
04-28-2010, 06:38 PM

I read that it was a puppy he had with him.

Goldmember
04-28-2010, 07:12 PM

That's pretty damn smart; something that humans also do.

Goldmember
04-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Only in Texas !

Kudos to the Gov.

Everyone should be packing ,especially if you're the governor and

coyotes need to die

Yeah, kill all the predators, sharks, lions, tigers, etc. Who needs em!

NewChief
04-28-2010, 07:19 PM

Hey Barbara Kingsolver has a great examination of the repercussions of killing off the predator in her novel Prodigal Summer. That being said, I don't think that the current coyote situation, in many places, is necessarily the result of a healthy ecosystem.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-28-2010, 07:20 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Ir7Xd81O4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Ir7Xd81O4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Goldmember
04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Ir7Xd81O4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

:clap: will it eat small children also?

vailpass
04-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Fish, Vailpass is right , a pack tried doing the same thing to me but I didn't fall for it.

:D Dude you always crack me up.

ThaVirus
04-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Laser pointed pistol with hollow tips...For snakes? What a fucking pussy. Just go around it, you douche. As far as I'm concerned, the only animals in the US you'd need a weapon for are cougars and bears (maybe wolves), and neither of those reside in Texas (correct me if I'm wrong). This guy just sounds like he has a small dick and is looking for a reason to pop off on something.

On a similar but not so similar side note, can I just say that hunting is for pussies..?

Saccopoo
04-29-2010, 02:53 AM

Cheers Fish.
vp

Your "buddy" is the same guy that I've heard say that shit 20 years ago. That the coyote pack sends it's in heat female into a domesticated dog's area and "lures" them out so the pack can attack and feed on them.

That bullshit has been in the "urban legend" myth of animal nature for a long, long time. And it's just that - bullshit.

Your buddy got that from somebody, because I seriously heard that same thing 20 years ago. And I heard that from an idiot that had no idea what the fuck he was talking about, let alone some hillbilly schmuck who has actually delt with ravenous packs of Mensa level coyotes bent on human destruction.

pikesome
04-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Your "buddy" is the same guy that I've heard say that shit 20 years ago. That the coyote pack sends it's in heat female into a domesticated dog's area and "lures" them out so the pack can attack and feed on them.

That bullshit has been in the "urban legend" myth of animal nature for a long, long time. And it's just that - bullshit.

Your buddy got that from somebody, because I seriously heard that same thing 20 years ago. And I heard that from an idiot that had no idea what the **** he was talking about, let alone some hillbilly schmuck who has actually delt with ravenous packs of Mensa level coyotes bent on human destruction.

I went looking around for proof, one way or the other, of this and found almost nothing. For or against the story. I did find a recommendation to sheep ranchers that wanted protection for their flocks but didn't want to use dogs to use either d onkeys (damn filter) or llamas. Guard llamas. :)

Pushead2
04-29-2010, 04:29 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Ir7Xd81O4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Ir7Xd81O4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

what the fuck kind of frog is that! :eek:

MahiMike
04-29-2010, 06:06 AM
I guess the ACME dog / tree noose jammed? Road Runner wins again.

His campaign slogan should be "BEEP BEEP!"

DeezNutz
04-29-2010, 06:15 AM
And people like you act all crazy because he fixed the problem. Probably because you saw Fox and the Hound to many times whne you were a kid.

Fixed?

Were those the only three coyotes in the area? And the exact same three coyotes from the previous night returned?

I could care less about these animals, but all this dude did was take out a little aggression.

Bwana
04-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Nice! I think I'll send him and email and ask if he can jog in Montana. Perhaps he can shoot a wolf or two?

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-29-2010, 06:50 AM
what the **** kind of frog is that! :eek:

Umm.....I'm guessin a Pyxie frog. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MOhillbilly
04-29-2010, 07:41 AM
I went looking around for proof, one way or the other, of this and found almost nothing. For or against the story. I did find a recommendation to sheep ranchers that wanted protection for their flocks but didn't want to use dogs to use either d onkeys (damn filter) or llamas. Guard llamas. :)

lots of people keep burros for flock protection. They will take a pack on full steam. About 15 years ago i happened to see a pack of dogs vs. a burro, wasnt much of a fight.

NewChief
04-29-2010, 07:43 AM
lots of people keep burros for flock protection. They will take a pack on full steam. About 15 years ago i happened to see a pack of dogs vs. a burro, wasnt much of a fight.

The burro took out the dogs?

MOhillbilly
04-29-2010, 07:46 AM
The burro took out the dogs?

ran em off, stomped a few. Come down off a hill into a glade at about 900mph when it seen those dogs.

DJ's left nut
04-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Hoofed animals and dogs do not mix well at all.

We have this lab puppy that we're raising to be a service dog. Part of what we do with him is expose him to anything we can to get him used to what he'll see while working.

A friend of mine has a farm that he keeps a bunch of animals on; weird stuff. He has a zebra right now, he had skunks, racoons, deer, a goose and elk at the time. He's even had a baby buffalo out there (until it got to big to safely be around; it could hurt you on accident).

So he has this baby elk that he's bottle fed so it's tame. It was completely mellow around people but when the dog came nearby, the elk started trying to step on it with it's front legs. It wasn't frantic, just this matter of fact movement like a person stepping on a cockroach. He'd just walk up to the puppy, bend down and sniff him, then take his front hoof and try to step on/kick him. He was still too young and uncoordinated to do it terribly well, but it was clear what his intentions were.

Anything from that Cervidae family is going to pretty well tear the hell out of a dog if it can. It's just genetically hardwired to hate them.

Ugly Duck
04-29-2010, 08:29 AM
An even creepier sound is the mountain lion. If you've ever had the good fortune to hear it, you'd never forget it. Kind of a cross between a baby crying and a lady screaming. Spooky.

Truly deserving of the moniker "blood-curdling." Nobody is prepared for that sudden scream... its freaking paralyzing.

Radar Chief
04-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Truly deserving of the moniker "blood-curdling." Nobody is prepared for that sudden scream... its freaking paralyzing.

That’s no shit.
I had one start screaming in the woods behind my tent at Grand Lake one time, and for lack of a better way of putting it, it sounded like a woman being stabbed to death. Blood curdling is putting it lightly.

boogblaster
04-29-2010, 10:04 AM
"Cougars" usually scream with passion when Im porkin' them ....

vailpass
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM

Your buddy got that from somebody, because I seriously heard that same thing 20 years ago. And I heard that from an idiot that had no idea what the **** he was talking about, let alone some hillbilly schmuck who has actually delt with ravenous packs of Mensa level coyotes bent on human destruction.

Aren't you the same guy who hasn't been laid in 5 years by choice? I realize you need to vent but this isn't the way to relieve the kind of build-up you must be experiencing.
Who is the 'hillbilly schmuck' you are referencing?