PDA

View Full Version : Football Prisco: Re-grading 2007 draft: Three-year look back gives real picture

T-post Tom
04-28-2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13313391/regrading-2007-draft-threeyear-look-back-gives-real-picture?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

Kansas City Chiefs: Grade: B-

They had seven picks and all they have to show for their draft is one starter (receiver Dwayne Bowe) and backup running back Kolby Smith. That's not a good haul. Bowe, the first-round pick, has been a good player. But the Chiefs blew picks on defensive linemen in the second and third rounds; Turk McBride and Tank Tyler are now with other teams. Smith is a solid backup who has started, so he has some value as a fifth-round pick. But that's it.

mlyonsd
04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I feel really really bad for Smith. He had great promise.

chiefzilla1501
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I have a feeling next year, our 2008 draft will grade out to an A. And the 2009 draft will grade out to a C-.

Marcellus
But Herm was a draft genious!

Some will still try to defend Tank and Turk.

Hammock Parties
The only player worth crap from that draft is Bowe.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 07:19 PM

No, he didn't.

He was a so, 5th round running back. He wasn't explosive, nor was he a game changer.

He was just a guy.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 07:20 PM

Turk's a rotational guy in Detroit and Tank was traded for a 5th rounder this year.

Let's not pretend that these guys had and have no value, because that's factually incorrect.

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Actually the grade was a D- it was under the description

Deberg_1990
04-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Someone needs to bump a thread from the 07 draft.

Lets see who we can embarrass.....

mlyonsd
04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
No, he didn't.

He was a so, 5th round running back. He wasn't explosive, nor was he a game changer.

He was just a guy.

Guess I saw more in him than that idiot LJ we had at the time.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2010, 07:26 PM

We shouldn't complain about the Turk pick.

None of us have the info Carl or Herm have.

T-post Tom
04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
I have a feeling next year, our 2008 draft will grade out to an A. And the 2009 draft will grade out to a C-.

I share that feeling but maybe Jackson & Cassel will live up to their draft/trade cost. I'm willing to give this coaching staff some time with them before I pass final judgement. But as of right now, it was not an impressive draft.

Round 1 [Pick 3] (3) Tyson Jackson
Round 2 [Pick 2] (34) Traded to NE for Cassel/Vrabel
Round 3 [Pick 3] (67) Alex Magee
Round 4 [Pick 2] (102) Donald Washington
Round 5 [Pick 3] (139) Colin Brown
Round 6 [Pick 2] (175) Quinten Lawrence
Round 7 [Pick 3] (212) Javarris Williams
Round 7 [Pick 28] (237) Jake O’Connell
Round 7 [Pick 47] (256) Ryan Succop

Hoover
04-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Well the best grade in the division was a D so... Way to go Carl!

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 07:31 PM

2009 will be lucky to be a D-

Bane
04-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I share that feeling but maybe Jackson & Cassel will live up to their draft/trade cost. I'm willing to give this coaching staff some time with them before I pass final judgement. But as of right now, it was not an impressive draft.

Man I look over that list time and time again and just :shake::shake::shake:

kchero
04-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Actually the grade was a D- it was under the description

Yea, I just noticed that too...I think an edit needs to take place.

DaneMcCloud

You're smokin' crack.

Jackson will NEVER be Harvin, Maclin, Cushing, Matthews, Crabtree or even Oher in terms of impact.

NEVER.

And for that reason alone, they deserve an F-.

chiefzilla1501

Coming from a guy who admittedly fucked up by overgrading Tyson Jackson....

I think Jackson has the upside to be a decent 5-technique.

But he'll never be Richard Seymour. And that was the only way you could justify picking that high for him.

Deberg_1990
Everyone slams the Turk pick, but it doesnt look like there was much talent around his range...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NFL_Draft

chiefzilla1501
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Everyone slams the Turk pick, but it doesnt look like there was much talent around his range...

I don't hate the Tank or Turk pick. I think both could have been quality rotational depth. That doesn't make either pick bad. It just doesn't make either pick all that great. Sometimes people expect boom or bust, but they can often be just good enough to contribute.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM

Ryan Kahlil should have been the choice.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-28-2010, 07:41 PM
But we drafted Succop and that alone was sensational !

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2010, 07:50 PM
How the fuck could you possibly give that draft class a B-?

It's a D+. At best.

Deberg_1990
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
How the **** could you possibly give that draft class a B-?

It's a D+. At best.

Its a D- the Thread starter misread the page.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Ryan Kahlil should have been the choice.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177838&highlight=mcbride

:)

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13313391/regrading-2007-draft-threeyear-look-back-gives-real-picture?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

They had seven picks and all they have to show for their draft is one starter (receiver Dwayne Bowe) and backup running back Kolby Smith. That's not a good haul. Bowe, the first-round pick, has been a good player. But the Chiefs blew picks on defensive linemen in the second and third rounds; Turk McBride and Tank Tyler are now with other teams. Smith is a solid backup who has started, so he has some value as a fifth-round pick. But that's it.

D-, dummy.

milkman
04-28-2010, 07:53 PM

I admit, I liked the Turk pick.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177838&highlight=mcbride

I would say that my evaluation was less than stellar.

But at least I referred to you as a genius.

:D

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
I admit, I liked the Turk pick.

I didn't love the the Turk pick but I really thought that Tank Tyler would be a gem in the third.

Yeesh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Everyone thought Tank was a steal of steals.

Sometimes guys drop for the right reasons and sometimes they don't.

chief52
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
The only player worth crap from that draft is Bowe.

Yes, and hopefully he blossoms. But if your #1 pick does not pan out to be a pro-bowler it was not a good choice. This is a big year in finding out if he has what it takes.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I think Tank would have been a good 2-gap plugger. He got fucked with the switch to the 3-4.

ChiefaRoo
04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Is it possible that since Haley and Pioli used leftover scouts and evaluators for the '09 draft? This years draft while unproven unfolded very differently from past drafts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I think Tank would have been a good 2-gap plugger. He got fucked with the switch to the 3-4.

Errr....that's what we did when we switched.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Errr....that's what we did when we switched.

He played nose tackle, though. There's a difference.

The guy could take on a guard and win. He just wasn't good at holding up against double teams.

HotRoute
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Is it possible that since Haley and Pioli used leftover scouts and evaluators for the '09 draft? This years draft while unproven unfolded very differently from past drafts.

lets hope so

HotRoute
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
this made me smile though:

Oakland Raiders

This is the JaMarcus Russell draft. Therefore, it is a disaster. The Raiders had the first overall pick and took Russell. He has been a big flop and they will release him shortly. He never gave himself to the game, and it showed. Second-round pick Zack Miller, a tight end, has been a good starter. With a better quarterback, he'd show more. Third-round pick, tackle Mario Henderson, started 16 games last season, but the Raiders would love to replace him. Johnnie Lee Higgins, another third-round pick, has been a backup receiver and a decent return man. Fourth-round running back Michael Bush has flashed at times as a backup. Fifth-round pick Jay Richardson is a nice backup defensive end. But blowing the Russell pick makes this a really bad draft.

Grade: F

enjoy

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM

Turk and Tank are still in the league. No, they are not 'stars' but they are solid NFL players. It just so happens that they weren't drafted for the 3-4. They were drafted for the Tampa 2. So was Hali and Dorsey, but they have more natural talent. They are more versatile.

I think that both Tank and Turk have a lot of their NFL story left to write. We'll see.

chiefzilla1501
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM

Pioli fucked up by freezing out scouts, instead of listening to Kuharich's scouts. Even if he planned on firing them later, for one GM and one scout to expect to do an entire draft was reckless.

But yeah, now that the right scouts are in place, I'm more interested in how we do in 2010 and beyond. But we shouldn't forgive Pioli for mistakes that he made in 2009.

milkman
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Turk and Tank are still in the league. No, they are not 'stars' but they are solid NFL players. It just so happens that they weren't drafted for the 3-4. They were drafted for the Tampa 2. So was Hali and Dorsey, but they have more natural talent. They are more versatile.

I think that both Tank and Turk have a lot of their NFL story left to write. We'll see.

I'm just going to insult you just cause it doesn't seem right not to, even though I agree with you here.

Dumbass.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM

I think you will be proven wrong. #1) I don't think Cassel will be considered since he wasn't a draft pick.

#2) I think the Chiefs will have a solid starter in Tyson Jackson, a good rotational guy in Alex McGee, and a decent backup TE. And, of course, a kicker that's very, very good.

I imagine most grade that draft a B when we are three years out..... especially if the defense improves.

To be clear, I personally don't think that you should get a 'decent' starter at #3. However, the draft is a crap shoot regardless of the pick #. So, if TJ turns out to be a solid 10 year starter, then most would call it a 'good' pick. I would call it a 'passing grade' pick..... but fans are a little more jaded.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm just going to insult you just cause it doesn't seem right not to, even though I agree with you here.

Dumbass.

Phew, that was a close one.

Marcellus
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM

We shall see.

I will disagree with both you and Milkman and say for sure 1 will be out of the league in 2 years if not both within 3.

HotRoute
04-28-2010, 08:55 PM

I think you might be right on this, they are decent players in the right scheme

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Pioli ****ed up by freezing out scouts, instead of listening to Kuharich's scouts. Even if he planned on firing them later, for one GM and one scout to expect to do an entire draft was reckless.

But yeah, now that the right scouts are in place, I'm more interested in how we do in 2010 and beyond. But we shouldn't forgive Pioli for mistakes that he made in 2009.

To be fair, the thing that makes good drafts is projecting the players that fit your system. There are some guys that can play any system. But, most players have systems that they are good fits in.... systems that take advantage of their talent.

I liked Kuharich.... but he had been drafting for the Tampa Two. I don't think Pioli felt comfortable with their evaluation of guys for the 3-4.

In the end, I think 2009 will be a good foundation. Could they have done better? Yes. But, TJ will be a good 3-4 end for the next 10 years. If they solve positions like that with each of their first round picks, that will build a solid, solid foundation and a good team.

JMO.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 09:00 PM
We shall see.

I will disagree with both you and Milkman and say for sure 1 will be out of the league in 2 years if not both within 3.

Well, I was a much bigger fan of Turk than Tank. But, I think both will be 10 year players.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM

Dumbass.

Questo

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:15 PM
I think you might be right on this, they are decent players in the right scheme

I agree with everyone that's posted in this thread that you are an A+ dumbass

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I think you will be proven wrong. #1) I don't think Cassel will be considered since he wasn't a draft pick.

#2) I think the Chiefs will have a solid starter in Tyson Jackson, a good rotational guy in Alex McGee, and a decent backup TE. And, of course, a kicker that's very, very good.

I imagine most grade that draft a B when we are three years out..... especially if the defense improves.

To be clear, I personally don't think that you should get a 'decent' starter at #3. However, the draft is a crap shoot regardless of the pick #. So, if TJ turns out to be a solid 10 year starter, then most would call it a 'good' pick. I would call it a 'passing grade' pick..... but fans are a little more jaded.

Verbosity.

:shake:

Tyson Jackson will NEVER be Oher, Harvin, Maclin, Matthews or Cushing.

For THAT alone, he deserves an F- at #3 overall.

milkman
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Questo

English motherfucker!
Do you speak it?

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
To be fair, the thing that makes good drafts is projecting the players that fit your system.

Bullshit.

A good football players is a good football player is a good football player.

If you're drafting a guy in the Top Five that has no value outside of a particular system, you've drafted the wrong guy.

Especially on defense.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
English motherfucker!
Do you speak it?

LMAO

I also speak broken Italiano as a party trick since all of my relatives from Italy are dead.

chiefzilla1501
04-28-2010, 09:20 PM
To be fair, the thing that makes good drafts is projecting the players that fit your system. There are some guys that can play any system. But, most players have systems that they are good fits in.... systems that take advantage of their talent.

I liked Kuharich.... but he had been drafting for the Tampa Two. I don't think Pioli felt comfortable with their evaluation of guys for the 3-4.

In the end, I think 2009 will be a good foundation. Could they have done better? Yes. But, TJ will be a good 3-4 end for the next 10 years. If they solve positions like that with each of their first round picks, that will build a solid, solid foundation and a good team.

JMO.

That's well and good.

But does that relate to offensive linemen? Or most offensive players? Or players in the secondary?

Does that relate to judging character, work ethic, etc...?

It was a huge mistake to freeze them out. You don't have to take their word as law, but to ignore them outright? What was the purpose of that?

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Here is my draft from 2007
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3940969&postcount=17
1. Dwayne Bowe, WR LSU
2. Tank Tyler, DT North Carolina State
3. Marshal Yanda, T/G Iowa
5. Clifton Ryan, DT/DE Michigan State
5. Justin Medlock, K UCLA
6. Mike Otto, T Purdue
7. Darius Walker, RB Notre Dame

Other than Medlock all my guys are at least backups in the league.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
1. Dwayne Bowe, WR LSU
6. Mike Otto, T Purdue

You suck

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Bullshit.

A good football players is a good football player is a good football player.

If you're drafting a guy in the Top Five that has no value outside of a particular system, you've drafted the wrong guy.

Especially on defense.

Just one of the many things that we disagree on.

But, if the Chiefs switched to a 4-3, Tyson Jackson would make a good run stuffing end. You could put him on the strong side and still have a very good starter. He would make a better 4-3 end than Dorsey makes a 3-4 end.

And, Dorsey was taken top five, and we all loved it.

It is ridiculous to say that scheme and system don't matter. As I said, some guys can play any system.... but 75% of the league has their success determined by how well the coaches' system utilizes them.

milkman
04-28-2010, 09:24 PM
1. Dwayne Bowe, WR LSU
6. Mike Otto, T Purdue

If you can't drfat starters in every round, then WTF good are you?

GTFO.

:cuss:

Mecca
04-28-2010, 09:25 PM
That was a really really bad draft, Herm had the 1 good draft in 08.

DJ's left nut
04-28-2010, 09:25 PM

No he didn't.

He wasn't a shifty runner, wasn't a powerful runner, didn't have good vision and didn't have home-run speed. He's not a great receiver out of the backfield and he's just pretty average as a pass protector.

I don't understand why anyone goes to bat for this guy. I've never seen anything to suggest he's more than a 3rd running back...if that.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 09:26 PM
That's well and good.

But does that relate to offensive linemen? Or most offensive players? Or players in the secondary?

Does that relate to judging character, work ethic, etc...?

It was a huge mistake to freeze them out. You don't have to take their word as law, but to ignore them outright? What was the purpose of that?

I don't completely agree with the move, but I kind of understand it.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
taking tjax with #3 will end up being piolis jamarcus russell pick

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Just one of the many things that we disagree on.

But, if the Chiefs switched to a 4-3, Tyson Jackson would make a good run stuffing end. You could put him on the strong side and still have a very good starter. He would make a better 4-3 end than Dorsey makes a 3-4 end.

And, Dorsey was taken top five, and we all loved it.

It is ridiculous to say that scheme and system don't matter. As I said, some guys can play any system.... but 75% of the league has their success determined by how well the coaches' system utilizes them.

Give me a fucking break.

Dorsey's the best athlete on the defensive line and has played out of position for two years running. When he missed the Cleveland game, OOPS, 300+ yards on the ground.

Speaking of yards and ground, I doubt Tyson Jackson has the ability to take care of my front yard.

The guy is THE biggest waste of a first round KC draft pick, bar NONE.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
taking tjax with #3 will end up being piolis jamarcus russell pick

I'd take Russell at 5-tech over Jackson.

At least he could hit someone 52.1% of the time.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Give me a ****ing break.

Dorsey's the best athlete on the defensive line and has played out of position for two years running. When he missed the Cleveland game, OOPS, 300+ yards on the ground.

Speaking of yards and ground, I doubt Tyson Jackson has the ability to take care of my front yard.

I don't discount the contribution that Dorsey made. He is a good talent, but isn't being utilized in the manner that most benefits his skill set.

As you said, he is being played out of position. Mainly, because this isn't the scheme he was drafted for. Which, is what my original point was. The way you fit in a scheme is far more important than you originally posted. Now, it seems that you may be beginning to grasp what I was saying.

It is the same with Arenas. He is more valuable to a 3-4 team because he plays the star position perfectly. He could also be the nickel in a 4-3, but his versatility coming on the blitz and playing nickel, and boundary corner fit this system better than he fits a 4-3.

You draft guys that fit 'your' system. That is why teams continue to be successful over time. They find guys that fit.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
I'd take Russell at 5-tech over Jackson.

At least he could hit someone 52.1% of the time.

Now, that's funny right there... I don't care who you are.

KcMizzou
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Now, that's funny right there... I don't care who you are.Neg rep for the Larry the Cable Guy.

(I didn't, but I wouldn't blame anyone who did.)

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Neg rep for the Larry the Cable Guy.

(I didn't, but I wouldn't blame anyone who did.)

I am not his biggest fan, but considering the side that I was arguing... I figure it was apropos.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Give me a ****ing break.

are you done yet, miss cleo?

You have no idea what kind of player tyson jackson is gonna be 4 years down the road, so wtf are you babbling about? Tyson could have 25 sacks next season, and you would go out of you way to call him a bust. Get over it dude.

Most of your takes are spot on, but when you spit this shit out, you
lose credibility with every post.

Douchnozzle.

MadMax
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM

Do not evaluate till they hit their 30's, after all that is the criteria for Cassel.

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Kansas City Chiefs: Grade: D-

Fixed it for you.

acesn8s
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Wasting top pick after top pick on DL while your QB keeps getting knocked on his ass makes many of the drafts D-. tThis is the first year that the OL has been addressed properly since Roaf left. Since then we have watched Green get knocked out, Huard get bulldozed, Collins run for his life, Croyle end up on IR repeatedly, a Thigpen love affair, Cassel get hurt in a preseason game, and a calling for another QB because it is his fault that he has only 1.8 seconds to throw a pinpoint accurate throw to a WR corp that is a bunch of other teams castoffs. But DAMMIT we need defense!

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 10:38 PM
are you done yet, miss cleo?

You have no idea what kind of player tyson jackson is gonna be 4 years down the road, so wtf are you babbling about? Tyson could have 25 sacks next season, and you would go out of you way to call him a bust. Get over it dude.

Most of your takes are spot on, but when you spit this shit out, you
lose credibility with every post.

Douchnozzle.

Fuck you, Cunt.

Why the FUCK should I concern myself with Tyson Jackson in 2014?

THE FUCKING GUY WAS TAKEN THIRD OVERALL.

There IS no development. There IS no "waiting" period.

The motherfucker who's drafted at THIRD OVERALL should be an IMMEDIATE badass.

Not a project.

Go fuck yourself, CUNT.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 10:53 PM
**** you, ****.

Why the **** should I concern myself with Tyson Jackson in 2014?

THE ****ING GUY WAS TAKEN THIRD OVERALL.

There IS no development. There IS no "waiting" period.

The mother****er who's drafted at THIRD OVERALL should be an IMMEDIATE badass.

Not a project.

Go **** yourself, ****.

do we ever find the cure for cancer?

How bout flying cars, does that ever happen?

What lottery numbers should i pick tomorrow?

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
i love how people use the hindsight argument.

if we say the pick sucks before he even gets picked and then he goes out and sucks thats not hindsight or being able to predict the future.

its using your brain.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 10:57 PM
you could actually make the argument that the tjax pick was even worse than the russell pick.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
The fact that dane is so sure that tyson will be the worst pick ever isnt using your brain. Its throwing shit out there and praying to god that it sticks, because if it doesnt, youre going to look like a retard.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
The problem with Tyson Jackson is that he will never be worthy of the pick we took him at because he is a 5-Tech and not named Bruce Smith.

@ 3 we should be able to draft a playmaker and a guy who makes an immediate impact. Jackson will never be worthy of that pick, ever.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:00 PM
you could actually make the argument that the tjax pick was even worse than the russell pick.

Ah, no....

Missing on a QB sets your team back 5-6 years. Missing on a 5-tech sets your D back a year or 2 until you replace him, not your entire team...Don't go that far.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:01 PM
I cant wait until the end of the season when suh and mccoy both have 5 sacks total.

Im sure there will be no mention of them being The biggest busts ever even though they were taken higher than tjax.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Ah, no....

Missing on a QB sets your team back 5-6 years. Missing on a 5-tech sets your D back a year or 2 until you replace him, not your entire team...Don't go that far.

most people had jamarcus being drafted in the top 3 no matter what. you cant completely blame the raiders for blowing it.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I cant wait until the end of the season when suh and mccoy both have 5 sacks total.

Im sure there will be no mention of them being The biggest busts ever even though they were taken higher than tjax.

if tjax even gets 5 sacks in his first three years ill blow my load

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
if tjax even gets 5 sacks in his first three years ill blow my load

Im no tyson jackson fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that people are so sure hes terrible makes me laugh. I get that the guy was taken early, but hes played 1 freaking year. I dont have any problem if somebody says "i dont think he will be that good" but when someone says " never ever ever in a million years will this guy even come close to justifying his pick" is nonsense.

Mecca
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM
He can't justify his pick....there are guys that go in the 3rd round every year that do the same thing, Jackson would literally have to revolutionize the position to be worth the 3rd pick.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM
most people had jamarcus being drafted in the top 3 no matter what. you cant completely blame the raiders for blowing it.

Mental make-up is the most important part of scouting a QB. Oakland didn't even do that obviously. I don't mean to sound like I know everything, but even I knew Russell was going to be a huge bust. Russel didn't make Bowe, Davis and Doucet. Bowe, Davis, and Doucet made him and that was easy to see before JaMarcus was ever drafted.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:12 PM
He can't justify his pick....there are guys that go in the 3rd round every year that do the same thing, Jackson would literally have to revolutionize the position to be worth the 3rd pick.

He would have to be Bruce Smith.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:12 PM

They aren't 5-techs that are going to be used to take up space. They will be playmakers along the D-line.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
The fact that dane is so sure that tyson will be the worst pick ever isnt using your brain. Its throwing shit out there and praying to god that it sticks, because if it doesnt, youre going to look like a retard.

Please explain to us, Fucktard, how Tyson Jackson will EVER impact the game like Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, Michael Oher, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin or Percy Harvin.

We'll ALL be waiting.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM

If he turns into seymour, thats worth the #3 pick imo.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
If he turns into seymour, thats worth the #3 pick imo.

Yeah, because that's BOUND to happen.

You're so fucking stupid your account should be deleted.

And you should be embarrassed for being such a fucking dummy.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Mental make-up is the most important part of scouting a QB. Oakland didn't even do that obviously. I don't mean to sound like I know everything, but even I knew Russell was going to be a huge bust. Russel didn't make Bowe, Davis and Doucet. Bowe, Davis, and Doucet made him and that was easy to see before JaMarcus was ever drafted.

again, maybe you thought he was gonna be a bust. kudos.

most teams in the nfl, not just the raiders, thought he was well worth the high selection.

you cant say that about tjax except for one team. and we all know which one.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Please explain to us, ****tard, how Tyson Jackson will EVER impact the game like Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, Michael Oher, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Macklin or Percy Harvin.

We'll all be waiting.

So besides the fact that you most likely had no idea the guys named above were going to be who they were last year, you were lobbying for a right tackle, wide reciever, or a linebacker with the #3 pick?

Yep. Im the "fucktard"

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:18 PM
So besides the fact that you most likely had no idea the guys named above were going to be who they were last year, you were lobbying for a right tackle, wide reciever, or a linebacker with the #3 pick?

Yep. Im the "fucktard"

WHAT?

You're a fucking moron. You obviously know absolutely NOTHING about me

JFC.

Kill yourself.

NOW.

Oh and yes, you ARE a FUCKTARD.

DBOSHO
Yeah, because that's BOUND to happen.

You're so ****ing stupid your account should be deleted.

And you should be embarrassed for being such a ****ing dummy.

Oh no! Hurtful names! How will i ever recover from the verbal beatdown!

L.A. Chieffan

Yep. Im the "fucktard"

whoa, youre getting stupider and stupider. those guys were extremely well known before the the draft.

KCrockaholic
again, maybe you thought he was gonna be a bust. kudos.

most teams in the nfl, not just the raiders, thought he was well worth the high selection.

you cant say that about tjax except for one team. and we all know which one.

I see what your saying, and I get it, but Fatass was a QB, and probably the biggest bust of all time, Tjax is a DE about to go into his 2nd year. It's really not at all a fair comparison at this point.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:19 PM
WHAT?

You're a ****ing moron. You obviously know absolutely NOTHING about me

JFC.

Kill yourself.

NOW.

Pretty good answer there.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Oh no! Hurtful names! How will i ever recover from the verbal beatdown!

Seriously, I can't even fathom how you even figured out that Chiefsplanet existed.

I know goldfish smarter and more intelligent than you.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Pretty good answer there.

Hey, I don't have to prove fucking SHIT to you, Dumbass.

Use the search function, you stupid piece of shit.

I think EVERYONE at Chiefsplanet is WELL versed in my opinion of the 2009 draft and who I would have taken at #3 overall.

Either you're a dupe having fun or you're just a fucking dope.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:22 PM
whoa, youre getting stupider and stupider. those guys were extremely well known before the the draft.

I didnt say they werent. and they are all better players right now than tyson jackson,But taking a linebacker, wide reciever or a right tackle instead of the cornerstone or the 2nd most important paert of the defense youre building isnt the right move to me.

Mecca
04-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Seymour isn't even worth the 3rd pick, 5 tech ends are not a rare commodity that need to have top 5 picks dropped on them unless they are truly revolutionary at the position.

For example Tyson Jackson was the 3rd pick, Jared Odrick was what the 30th pick and Alex Carrington was a 3rd round, pretty good chance they all have the same career.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Hey, I don't have to prove ****ing SHIT to you, Dumbass.

Use the search function, you stupid piece of shit.

I think EVERYONE at Chiefsplanet is WELL versed in my opinion of the 2009 draft and who I would have taken at #3 overall.

Either you're a dupe having fun or you're just a ****ing dope.

More abuse! God i cant take it!

Dane is better than me! What will i do!

Give it a rest. Everyone knows youre gods gift to earth. You gotta get tired of typing the same shit every day.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
You have a lot to learn DBOSHO, but I can acknowledge you make an effort...

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Seymour isn't even worth the 3rd pick, 5 tech ends are not a rare commodity that need to have top 5 picks dropped on them unless they are truly revolutionary at the position.

For example Tyson Jackson was the 3rd pick, Jared Odrick was what the 30th pick and Alex Carrington was a 3rd round, pretty good chance they all have the same career.

Thats why the draft is a crapshoot. Anyone could bust.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 11:25 PM
its not even the fact that hes a 5-tech. (altho thats a big reason for it)

its the fact that he was an average 5-tech in college, playing on a defense that was tops in the country.

Mecca
04-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Arizona has an outstanding 3 down line for the 3-4...their 5 techs aren't first round picks.

For the most part it's not a position worthy of a first rounder, it's like using a really high pick on a TE or a guard.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:27 PM
You have a lot to learn DBOSHO, but I can acknowledge you make an effort...

He makes an effort to show he's a fucking moron, each and every time he posts

And then he follows it up with more pure stupidity.

Seriously, in nearly 11 years on Chiefsplanet, I don't think I've witnessed a bigger dumbass.

How in the hell do you have 2,200 posts yet your rep is in the red?

Oh, I know how.

By being the dumbest motherfucker to ever post on CP.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:28 PM
its not even the fact that hes a 5-tech. (altho thats a big reason for it)

its the fact that he was an average 5-tech in college, playing on a defense that was tops in the country.

He wasn't even a 5-tech in college. He was just an average 4-3 DE.

DaneMcCloud
More abuse! God i cant take it!

Dane is better than me! What will i do!

Give it a rest. Everyone knows youre gods gift to earth. You gotta get tired of typing the same shit every day.

You still didn't answer the question:

How will Tyson Jackson's production EVER equal that of Harvin, Maclin, Cushing, Matthews or Oher?

Again, we're waiting.

Back that shit up.

KCrockaholic
He makes an effort to show he's a ****ing moron, each and every time he posts

Seriously, in nearly 11 years on Chiefsplanet, I don't think I've witnessed a bigger dumbass.

Oh, I know how.

By being the dumbest mother****er to ever post on CP.

ROFL I gotta love it.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:29 PM
He makes an effort to show he's a ****ing moron, each and every time he posts

Oh, I know how.

By being the dumbest mother****er to ever post on CP.

LMAO or the fact that you take time out of your day to sit on your little computer to negrep me until your hearts content.

DaneMcCloud
He wasn't even a 5-tech in college. He was just an average 4-3 DE.

He wasn't even average.

He was Second Team SEC.

That's some weak goddamn sauce.

L.A. Chieffan
Thats why the draft is a crapshoot. Anyone could bust.

if youre playing craps and on the come out roll you bet everything you got on don't pass, you deserve to get burned.

Mecca
04-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Also if we're drafting guys so we can run the defense where is the nose tackle?

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:31 PM
You still didn't answer the question:

How will Tyson Jackson's production EVER equal that of Harvin, Maclin, Cushing, Matthews or Oher?

Again, we're waiting.

Back that shit up.

It probably wont. I already said AT THIS MOMENT that they were better players than tj. But im not gonna pretend that im some second rate nostradamus and pretend to know how everyones career is gonna play out.

Mecca
04-28-2010, 11:32 PM
It's not really hindsight when you're saying it as it happens.

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:33 PM
LMAO or the fact that you take time out of your day to sit on your little computer to negrep me until your hearts content.

Hey Dumbfuck, not only have you NOT backed up your shit, it would take FAR more than my neg rep to put you in the red for the past year.

I'd be shocked if you have more than 20 from me.

Even though you deserve about 200.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Also if we're drafting guys so we can run the defense where is the nose tackle?

Pioli must have faith in ron edwards

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 11:34 PM
It probably wont. I already said AT THIS MOMENT that they were better players than tj. But im not gonna pretend that im some second rate nostradamus and pretend to know how everyones career is gonna play out.

Well, there's the difference, Douchefuck: I DID make a prediction and have been making predictions since the day he was drafted.

And guess what: Unfortunately, I was correct.

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Well, there's the difference, Douche****: I DID make a prediction and have been making predictions since the day he was drafted.

And guess what: Unfortunately, I was correct.

of course you did. I wouldnt expect anything less from you, cleo.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Dorsey is going to be the NT unless we think Shaun Smith can be a solid NT and keep Dorsey at DE.

I don't think Ron Edwards has any business on this team IMO.

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
i love how this thread went from a look back at the 2007 draft to the tjax sucks thread.

for some reason i envision many more of these until prisco gives us his 3 year look back on 2009 and everybody goes "oh well, hindsight is 20-20 i guess"

DBOSHO
04-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Dorsey is going to be the NT unless we think Shaun Smith can be a solid NT and keep Dorsey at DE.

I don't think Ron Edwards has any business on this team IMO.

I want smith at NT if we cant get anyone else. Hopefully with the whole crennel connection he can be pretty solid

salame
04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/unc/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/2514179.jpeg

MoreLemonPledge
04-28-2010, 11:51 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/unc/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/2514179.jpeg

I like your picture.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:57 PM
I want smith at NT if we cant get anyone else. Hopefully with the whole crennel connection he can be pretty solid

I believe so. Ron Edwards just doesn't need to be there.

veist
04-29-2010, 12:08 AM
As far as the D-, that seems maybe a little low Bowe was picked at 23 overall so relative to where he was picked he hasn't been awful maybe a plain old D overall would probably be my grade.

Verbosity.

Tyson Jackson will NEVER be Oher, Harvin, Maclin, Matthews or Cushing.

For THAT alone, he deserves an F- at #3 overall.

I dunno about that, its certainly gets a "Millen" grade for value but unless he ends up being a disaster of a pick is it really an F-? Maybe an F+ overall if he starts for us for 10 years and is at least average. Its sad when the upside of a pick is basically "well maybe he won't be a disaster."

oaklandhater
04-29-2010, 06:29 AM
I would have to say Victor Riley is a worst 1st round pick then Tyson jackson Dane.

Amnorix
04-29-2010, 06:56 AM
FWIW, Belichick by his words and actions obviously thought that the 2007 draft class was very weak.

He traded out of it as fast as possible (see below). He also said on radio earlier this week that the grades of players the Pats were taking in the 6th and 7th rounds this year were higher than the grades of the player they took in the 4th round in 2007.

FWIW, only Meriweather has done anything for us from the 2007 draft (other than the guys we got for picks we traded, of course).

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD width="80%"><TABLE class=chart border=3 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#506074 borderColorLight=#98a7b8 borderColorDark=#506074 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff nowrap><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#133059 colSpan=6 align=middle>2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle> 1 </TD><TD align=middle>24</TD><TD noWrap align=left>From Seattle</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Brandon Meriweather</TD><TD align=middle>S</TD><TD>Miami (Fla.)</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>1</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>28</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 noWrap align=left>Assigned</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 colSpan=3 align=left>Traded to San Francisco on April 28, 2007</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>2</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>60</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 noWrap align=left>Assigned</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 colSpan=3 align=left>Traded to Miami on March 5, 2007 for Wes Welker</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>3</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>91</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 noWrap align=left>Assigned</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 colSpan=3 align=left>Traded to Oakland on April 28, 2007</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>4</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>110</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 noWrap align=left>From San Francisco</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 colSpan=3 align=left>Traded to Oakland on April 29, 2007 for Randy Moss</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>127</TD><TD noWrap align=left>Assigned</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Kareem Brown</TD><TD align=middle>DL</TD><TD>Miami (Fla.)</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>5</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>165</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 noWrap align=left>Assigned</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>Traded to Oakland on September 2, 2006 for Doug Gabriel</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>5</TD><TD align=middle>171</TD><TD noWrap align=left>Compensatory</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Clint Oldenburg</TD><TD align=middle>OL</TD><TD>Colorado State</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>180</TD><TD noWrap align=left>From Arizona</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Justin Rogers</TD><TD align=middle>LB</TD><TD>Southern Methodist</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>202</TD><TD noWrap align=left>Assigned</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Mike Richardson</TD><TD align=middle>CB</TD><TD>Notre Dame</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>208</TD><TD noWrap align=left>Compensatory</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Justise Hairston</TD><TD align=middle>RB</TD><TD noWrap>Central Connecticut</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>209</TD><TD noWrap align=left>Compensatory</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Corey Hilliard</TD><TD align=middle>T</TD><TD>Oklahoma State</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>7</TD><TD align=middle>211</TD><TD noWrap align=left>From Oakland</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Oscar Lua</TD><TD align=middle>LB</TD><TD>Southern California</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>7</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 align=middle>238</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 noWrap align=left>Assigned</TD><TD bgColor=#eef0f3 colSpan=3 noWrap align=left>Traded to Miami on March 5, 2007 (part of trade for Wes Welker)</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>7</TD><TD align=middle>247</TD><TD noWrap align=left>Compensatory</TD><TD class=bb noWrap align=left>Mike Elgin</TD><TD align=middle>C</TD><TD>Iowa</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD width="10%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I would have to say Victor Riley is a worst 1st round pick then Tyson jackson Dane.

Really? A guy that was taken at #27 overall, that started for four years in KC on a good offensive line, is a worse pick than a 5-tech?

That very same 5-tech who was rated as THE worst defensive end in the entire NFL by profootballresource.com?

The very same 5-tech that was chosen instead of Brian Cushing or Percy Harvin and dare I say, a possible franchise QB?

WTF?

You are clearly incorrect in your assumption.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-29-2010, 03:21 PM

This.

God, what a piece of shit that draft was.