PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will the whining ever end?

LaChapelle
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
The stadium is falling apart. fixed
We need young players, out with the old. done
Carl needs to go. done
Flush the front office . done
Herm needs to go. done
Gun needs to go. done
They need a young head coach instead of a retread. done
McIntosh has to go. done
Krimrie needs to go. done
Pollard needs to go. done
LJ needs to go. done
Brown needs to go. done
We need playmakers. working on it
there's more

85% of what people have bitched about has been done in 2 years
it's just not turning out as expected as fast as expected

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 09:43 PM
I like you better when you had/were Blueballs

Demonpenz
04-28-2010, 09:45 PM
It's the midwest. We think everything sucks here. People talk like they were raised in the depression here, when it is pretty cake to do anything you want.

RealSNR
We need all kinds of shit on this team. Including a QB. That's what we're complaining about.

L.A. Chieffan
whining about whining rules

SenselessChiefsFan
04-28-2010, 09:46 PM
The whining stops when the winning starts..... simple really.

LaChapelle
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Franchise QB
and hot cheerleaders
and the bitching calms to murmur?

morphius
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Yup, it is not rocket science.

Mecca
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
When the team is good people won't whine, for the most part.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Still don't have a QB.

Gonna keep bitching until we do.

chiefs1111
04-28-2010, 10:03 PM
when the Chiefs start winning playoff games

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
no playoff wins since 1993. check
no super bowl victory 1970. check.
no super bowl appearances since 1970. check
last afc championship game attended: 1993. check
never won trophy bearing founder's name. check

yeah. no reason to bitch at all. FUCK YOU.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Still don't have a QB.

Gonna keep bitching until we do.

We don't "know" that yet.

If Cassel turns out to be Scott Mitchell; I'll be pissed and dissappointed. However, if he turns out to be Trent Green...I'll be liking where we could be in a year or so.

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:06 PM
oh--and a personal favorite:

no team-developed franchise qb since (arguably) len dawson. check.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM
oh--and a personal favorite:

no team-developed franchise qb since (arguably) len dawson. check.

Technically, wasn't Dawson traded to the Chiefs; like Montana, and Green.... :hmmm:

Just sayin'.... ;)

Hammock Parties
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM

If Cassel turns out to be Scott Mitchell; I'll be pissed and dissappointed. However, if he turns out to be Trent Green...I'll be liking where we could be in a year or so.

No, we don't have a quarterback. As of now, we have shit.

Cassel might rectify that. He may not.

But right now, we have shit.

Fat Elvis
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Hooray for 4-12! We are 100% better than the year before!

LaChapelle
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

...don't make me turn this bitch around
I'll smack you in to next week
by the way you were adopted

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Technically, wasn't Dawson traded to the Chiefs; like Montana, and Green.... :hmmm:

Just sayin'.... ;)

did you not read the 'arguably?' it can be argued that his development happened in kansas city. it can be argued that he couldn't have been 'developed' because kc was his third team technically.

depends on your perspective. fucking depressing, really, that this franchise, from a certain standpoint, has NEVER drafted/developed our own franchise qb. we've passed on them like it was going out of style, and as a result, haven't won a lombardi in 40 years. we're boned.

LaChapelle
04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
...oh the bitching is working
Carry on

MadMax
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM
After don't make me turn around I was officially in for a slap down. Didn't they skip 2 steps? lol

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:23 PM
it's true, though. bring us a winner and there won't be much (if any at all) bitching. we won't give a shit WHO our QB is, who our linebackers are, if we're winning playoff games.

MadMax
04-28-2010, 10:25 PM
No, we don't have a quarterback. As of now, we have shit.

Cassel might rectify that. He may not.

But right now, we have shit.

I really hate to repeat what I said waaaay before they gave master matty the bank and NE raped us for a very high 2nd round pick, but we have shit and you can't polish this turd enough...Hell I'd have rather just kept Huard and that in itself says a lot.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I really hate to repeat what I said waaaay before they gave master matty the bank and NE raped us for a very high 2nd round pick, but we have shit and you can't polish this turd enough...Hell I'd have rather just kept Huard and that in itself says a lot.

GoChiefs loves his daddy.

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM

If Cassel turns out to be Scott Mitchell; I'll be pissed and dissappointed. However, if he turns out to be Trent Green...I'll be liking where we could be in a year or so.I still like Cassel, but, then again, I didn't get to see that many Chiefs games last year. :)

Honestly, though, he was so much better than the rest of our crap in camp that it was difficult NOT to like what he brought to the table.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 10:38 PM
I still like Cassel, but, then again, I didn't get to see that many Chiefs games last year. :)

Honestly, though, he was so much better than the rest of our crap in camp that it was difficult NOT to like what he brought to the table.

I am anxious to see what he does this year with a year under his belt with the same receivers in training camp. He is going to improve whether or not our fans want that (and I don't think they do).

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I am anxious to see what he does this year with a year under his belt with the same receivers in training camp. He is going to improve whether or not our fans want that (and I don't think they do).

yeah. we'd hate it if it turned out that pioli was right and 'we' were wrong. we'd hate it if we had a qb who led out team deep into the playoffs. we'd absolutely abhor it if we got to see cassel hoist the lombardi as if he were tom brady.

yeah. we'd hate it.

are you fucking stupid?

DaneMcCloud
04-28-2010, 10:44 PM

Consider yourself part of that 85%

BIG K
04-28-2010, 10:47 PM
The stadium is falling apart. fixed
We need young players, out with the old. done
Carl needs to go. done
Flush the front office . done
Herm needs to go. done
Gun needs to go. done
They need a young head coach instead of a retread. done
McIntosh has to go. done
Krimrie needs to go. done
Pollard needs to go. done
LJ needs to go. done
Brown needs to go. done
We need playmakers. working on it
there's more

it's just not turning out as expected as fast as expected

Seems to me, IMHO, that alot of folks wanted change but do not want the pains involved in rebuilding...Since I became a Chiefs fan in 89', there was always talk of 'this' player away from a superbowl......We are just very impatient fans...

jAZ
04-28-2010, 10:48 PM
no playoff wins since 1993. check
no super bowl victory 1970. check.
no super bowl appearances since 1970. check
last afc championship game attended: 1993. check
never won trophy bearing founder's name. check

yeah. no reason to bitch at all. **** YOU.

That's it in a nutshell. People like you (and many others) were going to bitch throughout year one unless we won a playoff game. Some unless we played in the AFC Championship game. Some unless we played in the Super Bowl. Some unless we won the Super Bowl. And some, even if we did.

Year 1.

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:51 PM
That's it in a nutshell. People like you (and many others) were going to bitch throughout year one unless we won a playoff game. Some unless we played in the AFC Championship game. Some unless we played in the Super Bowl. Some unless we won the Super Bowl. And some, even if we did.

Year 1.

UNTIL we do SOMETHING as a franchise that's worth a damn, honestly. oh, heaven forbid we strive for excellence. should we be content with mediocrity?

yeah, it was the first year. not many signs of improvement, though. and for the record, I'll be the first to swallow my words and eat crow if we turn this ship around--just not seeing shit yet.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
yeah. we'd hate it if it turned out that pioli was right and 'we' were wrong. we'd hate it if we had a qb who led out team deep into the playoffs. we'd absolutely abhor it if we got to see cassel hoist the lombardi as if he were tom brady.

yeah. we'd hate it.

are you ****ing stupid?

Many of you guys hate Cassel so much that you want to see him fail just so was draft a QB next year. I would rather see Cassel improve, but even then most of our fans think even if he does improve we won't ever have a chance to compete for the SB because Cassel is not SB material according to them.

I don't think I ever mentioned you in particular H5N1...

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Seems to me, IMHO, that alot of folks wanted change but do not want the pains involved in rebuilding...Since I became a Chiefs fan in 89', there was always talk of 'this' player away from a superbowl......We are just very impatient fans...

when you've waited as long as we have, impatience is a side-effect. it's to be expected. we're hungry for a winner.

blazzin311
04-28-2010, 10:53 PM

Yup...that's how it is in any sport really. Winning solves everything in sports, or at least is a damn good masking agent! That's really what it comes down to, at least in my opinion.

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Many of you guys hate Cassel so much that you want to see him fail just so was draft a QB next year. I would rather see Cassel improve, but even then most of our fans think even if he does improve we won't ever have a chance to compete for the SB because Cassel is not SB material according to them.

I don't think I ever mentioned you in particular H1N1...

lemme tell you how much I hate matt cassel: when we traded for him, I went out and got an authentic cassel jersey. I wear it once every two weeks or so. wore it every gameday last season. I OBVIOUSLY want to see him fail

and it's h5n1, dude. bird flu, not swine flu.

(and I get lumped into the 'negative' crowd because I've hit a point where I'm more impatient these days. why, I'm not sure)

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
lemme tell you how much I hate matt cassel: when we traded for him, I went out and got an authentic cassel jersey. I wear it once every two weeks or so. wore it every gameday last season. I OBVIOUSLY want to see him fail

and it's h5n1, dude. bird flu, not swine flu.

(and I get lumped into the 'negative' crowd because I've hit a point where I'm more impatient these days. why, I'm not sure)

You need to cool it, that was a typo BTW. I never said YOU hated Matt Cassel. I am talking about the majority of this fan base, CP in particular actually wants to see him fail which I explained in the other post. Not you. Not you, get it?

BIG K
04-28-2010, 10:58 PM
when you've waited as long as we have, impatience is a side-effect. it's to be expected. we're hungry for a winner.

Understandable. The Chiefs won the Superbowl the year I was born. It has been way to long Mr. H5. I guess I just have come to the conclusion that the last 40 years of doing business has not worked. With that, I am excited about the changes that have come in the last year...

MadMax
04-28-2010, 10:58 PM
GoChiefs loves his daddy.

Heh much like yo mamma loves me :)

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
oh, I got it before. just throwing my lot in with the drafturbators. I may not want to see him fail, but I don't see a lot of positives there. and yeah--I was disappointed that we passed on jimmy clausen (which is why MOST true-fan types lump me with the drafturbators)

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
when you trade your second round pick for a career backup and then throw 30 mil at him before even takes one snap...well hey, whats NOT to get excited about?

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Understandable. The Chiefs won the Superbowl the year I was born. It has been way to long Mr. H5. I guess I just have come to the conclusion that the last 40 years of doing business has not worked. With that, I am excited about the changes that have come in the last year...

it's really sad, honestly. I'd like to say I'm as optimistic as you are. I used to, when I was younger (ftr, we've been fans the same amount of time, basically. I've been a fan since around 1988) I seriously believed we were winning the super bowl every year. I seriously believed that we had an actual shot every year.

then, after years of heartbreak, I'm very jaded. I'm tired of giving the chiefs my all as a fan and being dejected as they let me down once more. it's depressing, really. a codependency in which one side gives all, the other side gives jack and squat.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Heh much like yo mamma loves me :)

Yo mamma jokes are out of style these days...Wait til 2020 and they might come back, just like the 70's are back today. ;)

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
when you trade your second round pick for a career backup and then throw 30 mil at him before even takes one snap...well hey, whats NOT to get excited about?

hell, pioli was painted as the guru. cassel was our brady, man. then, reality set in. and all of the sudden, the excuses began.

can it end well? maybe if weis can turn shit into gold. but it's not looking so hot right now.

MadMax
04-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Yo mamma jokes are out of style these days...Wait til 2020 and they might come back, just like the 70's are back today. ;)

I give 2 shits what you think boy... I could care less about the stupid assed jokes I was just stating my opinion. If you wanna make fun of my age please feel free.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I give 2 shits what you think boy... I could care less about the stupid assed jokes I was just stating my opinion. If you wanna make fun of my age please feel free.

I don't give 2 shits.

Pushead2
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Just wait til we get the whining about us winning a Super Bowl and our decline of greatness......that will be roughly in the year 2056.

BIG K
04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
it's really sad, honestly. I'd like to say I'm as optimistic as you are. I used to, when I was younger (ftr, we've been fans the same amount of time, basically. I've been a fan since around 1988) I seriously believed we were winning the super bowl every year. I seriously believed that we had an actual shot every year.

then, after years of heartbreak, I'm very jaded. I'm tired of giving the chiefs my all as a fan and being dejected as they let me down once more. it's depressing, really. a codependency in which one side gives all, the other side gives jack and squat.

Mr. H5. I would not catagorize myself as optimistic. I hope for a better future with the Chiefs but, like you, have been let down every year because my loyalty tells me the Chiefs are moving in the right direction, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs every year they were able to get there.

I guess my point is, I try to put things into perspective. This is a sport which is entertainment for all of us outsiders not in the game. I have been accused before of 'seeing all rosy' concerning our Chiefs and life in general.

I guess for the most part, when one has suffered enourmous personal loss, and caused enermous personal loss for others, you just kind of put importance of certain things on shelves of priority. The shelf that I have the Chiefs on sits pretty low.

That being said, I am hopeful of their future...

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Mr. H5. I would not catagorize myself as optimistic. I hope for a better future with the Chiefs but, like you, have been let down every year because my loyalty tells me the Chiefs are moving in the right direction, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs every year they were able to get there.

I guess my point is, I try to put things into perspective. This is a sport which is entertainment for all of us outsiders not in the game. I have been accused before of 'seeing all rosy' concerning our Chiefs and life in general.

I guess for the most part, when one has suffered enourmous personal loss, and caused enermous personal loss for others, you just kind of put importance of certain things on shelves of priority. The shelf that I have the Chiefs on sits pretty low.

That being said, I am hopeful of their future...

I'm with you 100% on that. I used to watch every game to the bitter end back in the day. these days, I have no issue turning it off at halftime when we're playing like complete ass. hell, it's opened up sundays a bit.

MadMax
04-28-2010, 11:18 PM
I don't give 2 shits.

Don't be a dick!!! I don't like Cassel as our QB just leave it at that.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Don't be a dick!!! I don't like Cassel as our QB just leave it at that.

heh alright man, but incase you missed it I never said anything bad about your opinion...

I made a statement referring to how much GoChiefs loved Huard, and you came back with an old yo mamma joke....It seems that you thought I was bashing your opinion....

MadMax
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
heh alright man, but incase you missed it I never said anything bad about your opinion...

I made a statement referring to how much GoChiefs loved Huard, and you came back with an old yo mamma joke....It seems that you thought I was bashing your opinion....

Whiskey does that to you :) lol regardless I always wish for the Chiefs to do well. It's beeeeen ssssoooo long.. Sometimes I get combative but I never mean to be personal. Cheers to a good season :)

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Whiskey does that to you :) lol regardless I always wish for the Chiefs to do well. It's beeeeen ssssoooo long.. Sometimes I get combative but I never mean to be personal. Cheers to a good season :)

;) Cheers back to ya

Consistent1
04-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Scanlon had to hide in a government anti-terrorism program to go underground and save the world. There goes the strength we needed at inside backer. I'm sure somebody somewhere believes they have seen him,but the technology is pretty wild these days. Then Pioli didn't bring in Pac-Man because he is a pussy.Had to grab Arenas to save face. What is there to be happy about?
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG K
04-28-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm with you 100% on that. I used to watch every game to the bitter end back in the day. these days, I have no issue turning it off at halftime when we're playing like complete ass. hell, it's opened up sundays a bit.

Hell yeah! When DT and company were playing, I'd too watch it to the bitter end because you never knew, they could have turned it around. This group, not so much. I turn it off sometimes in the third quarter and start mowing lawns!...:)

salame
04-28-2010, 11:31 PM
look
i am drunk right now
so chill it out with the long ass hair mad max

Mr. Flopnuts
04-28-2010, 11:32 PM

I don't think I ever mentioned you in particular H5N1...

That's silly. You may be able to convince me of a guy or two, but many is not the right word. I've HATED the Cassel move as much as anyone and have stated it from the start. There is nothing I'd love more than a big fat crow shit sandwich and an excuse to buy a Chiefs 7 jersey. There are a lot of the other "usual suspects" who feel the exact same way.

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Hell yeah! When DT and company were playing, I'd too watch it to the bitter end because you never knew, they could have turned it around. This group, not so much. I turn it off sometimes in the third quarter and start mowing lawns!...:)

heh, brings to mind a funny (and depressing) story about when I was younger/watching a game with my dad.

we were playing the giants at the meadowlands. we were playing like shit, and were down by (I want to say it was 20 points or so) in the third quarter. I got literally mad at my dad when he said there was no chance we were going to come back, and he went to the other room and started doing something work related. I, being the young optimistic whippersnapper, got mad and said he was wrong, he wasn't a true fan (long before message board true fan, I pulled it on my dad. ROFL. I was a little shit) and he'd see. he smiled, shook his head, and went about his work. obviously, we lost BIG that day.

I know now what that smile and head shake was--this was from a man who lived through the lean 70's and 80's. this was a man who saw the great teams of the late 60's and early 70's grow old and the abject horror that was the dark ages of the chiefs before carlmarty. and if I ever have kids, maybe they'll one day know the pain that comes with the territory of chiefs fandom.

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
That's silly. You may be able to convince me of a guy or two, but many is not the right word. I've HATED the Cassel move as much as anyone and have stated it from the start. There is nothing I'd love more than a big fat crow shit sandwich and an excuse to buy a Chiefs 7 jersey. There are a lot of the other "usual suspects" who feel the exact same way.

I'm just glad the other number 7 whose name starts with a C went to the nfc. that'd be painful otherwise.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm just glad the other number 7 whose name starts with a C went to the nfc. that'd be painful otherwise.

He's number 2 now FWIW. Just lettin you know.

BIG K
04-28-2010, 11:40 PM
heh, brings to mind a funny (and depressing) story about when I was younger/watching a game with my dad.

we were playing the giants at the meadowlands. we were playing like shit, and were down by (I want to say it was 20 points or so) in the third quarter. I got literally mad at my dad when he said there was no chance we were going to come back, and he went to the other room and started doing something work related. I, being the young optimisted whippersnapper, got mad and said he was wrong, he wasn't a true fan (long before message board true fan, I pulled it on my dad. ROFL. I was a little shit) and he'd see. he smiled, shook his head, and went about his work. obviously, we lost BIG that day.

I know now what that smile and head shake was--this was from a man who lived through the lean 70's and 80's. this was a man who saw the great teams of the late 60's and early 70's grow old and the abject horror that was the dark ages of the chiefs before carlmarty. and if I ever have kids, maybe they'll one day know the pain that comes with the territory of chiefs fandom.

Awesome! I try to tunnel my daughters pain and anguish to the fact that she has me as a father:) Good night all!

Ebolapox
He's number 2 now FWIW. Just lettin you know.

he's number two? WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR??!?

(/austin powers)

MadMax
Come pray my son... That dad was me.

acesn8s
04-28-2010, 11:41 PM
1st, he started 15 games in NE and won 10. So yeah he did take a fucking snap. Gannon was a career backup before becoming MVP after we let him go.

salame
04-28-2010, 11:42 PM
madmax
do you use a straightener?

BossChief
04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
I am talking about the majority of this fan base, CP in particular actually wants to see him fail which I explained in the other post.

This is complete and utter BULLSHIT.

If you find a single Chiefs fan that actually wants him to fail, you have a troll on your hands. Not a Chiefs fan.

There is a difference between thinking someone doesn't have the goods to take a hard shot while throwing a 50 yard pass on the money to crush a team, and wanting him (and your team consequently) to fail. If he gives me something to cheer for, I will cheer and put down the pitchfork, but I haven't seen that yet.

I WANT TO.

Everyone here spends a lot of time on this site talking about this team because, like it or not, we love this team. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here getting pissed off about 7th round draft picks getting pissed away and arguing for hours over a quarterback that didn't even start at all in college and a 5-tec getting the biggest contracts in franchise history.

The problem really has not a whole lot to do with Matt Cassel to tell the truth.

It is what the trade signified.

Nothing seems to have changed and we all know “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

DOOMED

Its that this sport has the "most important position in professional sports" and we seem to be oblivious to even attempting to draft one in the premium round, where you get the REALLY good ones and instead take "the most important position in professional sports" and continually try to get one "on the cheap"

We would rather have a "bargain" that a blue chip guy and that isnt a opinion, it is fact. Historically accurate.

I HOPE TO GOD CASSEL PROVES ME WRONG and breaks this fucking trend.

I cant see how anyone can feel differently about it.

jAZ
04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
UNTIL we do SOMETHING as a franchise that's worth a damn, honestly. oh, heaven forbid we strive for excellence. should we be content with mediocrity?

yeah, it was the first year. not many signs of improvement, though. and for the record, I'll be the first to swallow my words and eat crow if we turn this ship around--just not seeing shit yet.

Aside from the fact that we won 2x as many games and THEN brought in 2 of the best coordinators in all of football... nothing to find hope in.

:rolleyes:

It's one thing to be disappointed with the raw outcomes and something else to display the outrage-driven wrist-slitting that we've witnessed throughout the first year.

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Aside from the fact that we won 2x as many games and THEN brought in 2 of the best coordinators in all of football... nothing to find hope in.

It's one thing to be disappointed with the raw outcomes and something else to display the outrage-driven wrist-slitting that we've witnessed throughout the first year.

I'll let the immortal quote by Htismaqe stand as mine temporarily:

"Better than bad does not = good"

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:49 PM

also, for the record, we've played the 'WE BROUGHT IN GREAT COORDINATORS' card before. at one point, gun cunningham was a savior. at one point, paul hackett was a savior. perspective, mang.

KCrockaholic
04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
I've seen too many people on here Bosschief, that really do want Cassel to fail this year so that it will speed the process of finding a new QB. They don't even want to give him a chance to improve. I've seen it enough times on here.

Ebolapox
04-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I've seen too many people on here Bosschief, that really do want Cassel to fail this year so that it will speed the process of finding a new QB. They don't even want to give him a chance to improve. I've seen it enough times on here.

in all fairness, if he's GOING to fail, this year is the year. we have the out clause after this year, next year is an excellent qb class, and if he stinks the joint up enough, we'll get a top 5-10 pick (now, does pioli have the balls to go qb in the first round? we don't know).

so yeah--if he's going to fail anyway, I'd like it to be sooner rather than later. if he's alright this year, I just don't want us to be in purgatory forever because pioli is off chasing windmills at our expense.

acesn8s
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
he's number two? WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR??!?

(/austin powers)
I am not a number! I am a free man!

beer bacon
04-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Most of the whining will stop when they team is good again. There will always be some whining and whiners.

BossChief
04-28-2010, 11:58 PM
I stand by my statement and think about it for a second....Ill say it again...

If someone WANTS Cassel to fail, they aren't a Chiefs fan, they get off by being a troll.

Fuck em.

TBH, I don't think there are that many of those here.

Some people just deal with things differently and everyone has a different angle of perception of how to actually be able to get to a superbowl sometime before we die.

That said, it would be monumentally stupid that if Cassel DOES shit the bed that we wouldnt do what it takes to get "the prettiest girl at the dance" in the first round.

We are damn loyal fans that love this team, we deserve that much.

jAZ
04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I'll let the immortal quote by Htismaqe stand as mine temporarily:

"Better than bad does not = good"

Better than bad = moving in a direction that doesn't warrant the unrelenting outrage that seems to dominate the discussion on this board. We got *BETTER*!

We didn't get *GOOD*. Agreed. But *BETTER* is the right direction.

Ebolapox
04-29-2010, 12:02 AM
if last year was better, you're much more of an optimist than I give you credit for. yeah, it was two wins better. we also played like shit most of the year. we looked lost on defense. cassel looked like shit most of the year. if that's better, I'd like to see something more.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2010, 12:13 AM
He's not gonna fail enough to make a difference.

The schedule is too easy, the offense is too tailored, and the play-calling will be too good to show him for the abject piece of shit he is, which is the worst of all possible scenarios.

We're headed for another run of purgatory, and I guarantee you that Matt Cassel will be here through at least 2014.

KCrockaholic
04-29-2010, 12:15 AM
We're headed for another run of purgatory, and I guarantee you that Matt Cassel will be here through at least 2014.

I'm keeping this Hamas. Let's see if your right.

MoreLemonPledge

The schedule is too easy, the offense is too tailored, and the play-calling will be too good to show him for the abject piece of shit he is, which is the worst of all possible scenarios.

You already have your excuses for next season. Even if he manages to show improvement and have a good season, it won't be anything he did.

Ebolapox

hey, monkeys COULD go flying from out of my ass.

it's about as unlikely as cassel turning into brady v. 2.0, but it COULD happen

:shake: :cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2010, 12:18 AM
You already have your excuses for next season. Even if he manages to show improvement and have a good season, it won't be anything he did.

No, it won't, and it's because he's a subpar at best QB.

He'll look better playing against the NFC and AFC West, with more talent around him and multiple draft picks and coaches designed to make up for his plethora of flaws.

People forget that Cassel not only had great players, but a joke of a schedule in 2008. When he played good competition, he completely shit the bed. He lit it up against the Rams, Cardinals, etc. of the world.

That game he had against the Steelers was basically his entire 2009 season.

I'm not covering my ass, I'm predicting the sunrise.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm keeping this Hamas. Let's see if your right.

If Scott Pioli doesn't draft a QB who his OC recruited, coached, advocated for and vouched for to his former coworker and friend (Jeff Davidson of Carolina, formerly of the Pats for 7 years) who has franchise QB potential and would have cost almost nothing to keep on the roster (thus eliminating the need to play him this year due to financial concerns) when the QB of the present has a hole in his contract after this season, he's not going to bring one in.

Again, this isn't about Jimmy Clausen. Jimmy Clausen is immaterial in the grand scheme of things. What's more important is the risk-reward that Jimmy Clausen signifies and Pioli's absolute fealty to Cassel in light of that.

jAZ
04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
also, for the record, we've played the 'WE BROUGHT IN GREAT COORDINATORS' card before. at one point, gun cunningham was a savior. at one point, paul hackett was a savior. perspective, mang.

Granted. But again, we got better. No one is saying start cheering the staff. If it was so great, we wouldn't have needed to replace both the OC and DC last season. But people are acting like we got worse and did nothing to address it. Not remotely a reasonably response to the facts at hand.

MadMax
04-29-2010, 12:59 AM

Yep yep and yep Bleeeechhhh! meh what never was and what never will be is what these geniuses that are running the franchise have hitched their wagon to. 2-3 yard swing passes and pray for yac is what seems to be the strategy.:BLVD::Lin::Lin::Lin: I pray im wrong but so far im spot on about Cassel.

Psyko Tek
04-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Franchise QB
and hot cheerleaders
and the bitching calms to murmur?

I JUST WANT THEM TO KEEP THE HORSE AND THE CHICK

and score alot more TD's

and a mcfarlan figure of them