PDA

View Full Version : Life I LOVE MY MORTGAGE!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Rain Man
04-29-2010, 08:51 PM
I walk home tonight, and the wife is at a meeting so I'm the first one home. I walk up the steps, walk up the other steps, and check the mailbox.

Four items in the mail. Since it was cold, I stepped into the house before looking. I set down my backpack, petted the cat, and took off my hat and coat. The cat meowed, so I petted him again.

And then came the exciting part. Opening the mail. What did I get today? Was it a letter from British colonists in India? Something with a Pony Express stamp on it that had been lost for 120 years after the rider was killed by Indians? (Sorry, oldandslow.) Maybe a letter with one of those stamps with the upside down plane?

Envelope 1 was an ad for LensCrafters, addressed to me. I recycled it.

Envelope 2 was an ad for LensCrafters, addressed to my wife. I recycled it.

Envelope 3 was an audit report for the time share we have. I recycled it.

Envelope 4 looked up at me from the counter. It was a classic white #9, with a windowed address label in front and a return address that said, "Mortgage Service Center" and a presorted meter postage.

There was something about the envelope that indicated seriousness. Perhaps it was the businesslike font. Perhaps it was the New Jersey return address. But I knew it was different. Something important.

I set the envelope down and studied it. Good news? Bad news? Possibly a well-designed ad for LensCrafters? I slowly ripped open the back and peeked in.

It was from my mortgage company. Probably not good news. Mortgage companies typically don't write with good news.

I opened up the single typewritten page, and breathed a sigh of relief. It was my annual escrow report, summarizing the monies I paid last year to handle taxes and insurance. Routine documentation.

But wait. What's this? My escrow account was overfunded last year! They're lowering my payment by $40 a month! $40 a month! It's like God just came down and gave me a free pizza every two weeks. A person could not get better news from his mortgage company!

But wait!

No!

NO!

NNNOOOOO WAY!

At the bottom of the letter was a perforated section. And under that perforation was a check. A check to me. For $503. It's as if I had a secret, non-interest-paying checking account that I'd forgotten about, or a really poor long-lost uncle who remembered me in his will.

$503. Can you believe that? I think we paid less than that for Alaska. I can cash this baby and go make it rain at Chili's, or buy 80 percent of that Amtrak pass, or commission 50 caricatures of myself at Six Flags. I'm rich! RICH!

Iowanian
04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
That's probably enough to get Sampson and Hercules to carry some BOULDERS into your back yard.

Taco John
04-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Sure Rainman makes a lot of money. But he spends a lot of money too...

Rain Man
04-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey, I just realized. My wife knows nothing about this check and isn't expecting it. If I cash it, she'll never know. I can tell her I found the Armani sweater in the bathroom at work.

alnorth
04-29-2010, 09:08 PM
I think your cat knew you got a windfall. Probably wants a new belled mouse toy or something.

Red Dawg
04-29-2010, 09:10 PM
u sick bastard! Love your mortage? Are you nuts?

Demonpenz
04-29-2010, 09:11 PM
all your hard work for being witty ....the cash cow has been slaughtered

KC-TBB
04-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey, I just realized. My wife knows nothing about this check and isn't expecting it. If I cash it, she'll never know. I can tell her I found the Armani sweater in the bathrom at work.

OHHHH she will know, they can smell money AND fear!:shake:

Demonpenz
04-29-2010, 09:12 PM
u sick bastard! Love your mortage? Are you nuts?

it's not uncommon for me to roll up my rent put a rubber band around it and fuck it. Poor mans flesh light

Buck
04-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Get your rims painted peach.

CaliforniaChief
04-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Gotta love those unexpected windfalls, Mr. Rainman!

DaFace
04-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey, I just realized. My wife knows nothing about this check and isn't expecting it. If I cash it, she'll never know. I can tell her I found the Armani sweater in the bathroom at work.

And a blackmail opportunity falls right into my lap. :evil:

Rain Man
04-29-2010, 09:27 PM
And a blackmail opportunity falls right into my lap. :evil:

Crap.

Epic Fail 007
04-29-2010, 09:29 PM
yea they just lowered mine by 10 cents,i mean wtf,lol why even tell me

DaFace
04-29-2010, 09:29 PM
More seriously, we got something similar, though on a smaller scale. In our case, the value of our house went down in the past year due to all the economic crap, so our property taxes were a little lower. Definitely is nice to get a random check like that though.

LaChapelle
04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
All that's missing is the Orbitz hovercraft

Dayze
04-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Rain Man...you have the most well written, and humorous threads/posts describing ordinary daily activities.

".....god came down and gave me a free pizza every two weeks"
lol

stlchiefs
04-29-2010, 09:46 PM
I had something similar as well. I was excited to get something in the mail stating that my mortgage was going to be $40 less a month. When I went to set up my online bill pay this months I remembered that the amount I owed was now less and went to find the mortgage statement from the pile of bills and receipts and much to my amazement I realized when I looked at it a second time, not only did my mortgage payment go down, but there at the bottom was a $360 check! Quite a nice little surprise that I missed the first time around.

I'm not as good of a story teller as Rainman, but I'm stoked as well.

Chief Chief
04-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I set down my backpack, petted the cat, and took off my hat and coat. The cat meowed, so I petted him again.

Even more wonderful is the fact that we both love to stroke pussies.