PDA

View Full Version : Life Smellympics - Round 2, Heat 1

Rain Man
05-01-2010, 08:20 PM
And here we go! We have 71 smells that moved to the next round, and they will be randomly drawn and pitted against each other to further winnow the list.

Same drill here. Top five in each heat move on. Since there was one tie for fifth in the previous round, we have 71 smells, so Heat 1 will have 11 to choose from.

Chiefburger
05-01-2010, 09:42 PM
to be honest, i'm a lil worried that the two coffee scents will split the java vote and be eliminated consequently. your honor, in fairness to the perkulator, i motion for a recount.

Rain Man
05-01-2010, 09:51 PM
to be honest, i'm a lil worried that the two coffee scents will split the java vote and be eliminated consequently. your honor, in fairness to the perkulator, i motion for a recount.

Yeah, interestingly the two coffees were in the same first heat, too. But that is their random fate. If we tried to separate smells of similar origins, we would never be able to cut down the number of barbecue varieties that will be flooding the market in future heats.

mlyonsd
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Bump, for anyone that missed this like I did.

I have a lot of money riding on this so it matters.

Jenson71
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Let me make an apologia for leather baseball glove.

I want you to think back to those days when America was strong and healthy. Think back to those days after school or on the weekends or in the summer time. What brought our country together? What brought friends together? What brought families together?

It was baseball. Where men used to gather, in suits and ties, and catch afternoon ballgames. Where boys used to clamor, trading cards, displaying them proudly, pretending to be Joe Dimaggio or Ted Williams or Stan Musial in their backyards.

Do you remember playing catch with your dad, enjoying life, and the beauty of creation? What was the binding scent of these memories? It was that leather glove mixed with some dirt and sweat.

The leather glove is the scent that launches ten thousands memories of glory, work, prestige, and leisure. It symbolizes growing up, and it symbolizes teaching our own children the values we rightfully cherish.

Do not let the leather glove die in the second round.

Rain Man
05-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Wow, coffee grounds have rallied strong to move into #5. The baseball glove is on the ropes.