PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Fantasy Baseball Trade Advice..

The Bad Guy
05-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm in 2nd in my league. 1 game out. However, my team is hitting like complete shit.

I was offered the following tonight:

I send: Kevin Youkilis, Matt Holliday, Franklin Guiterrez for Nelson Cruz (injury not serious), Ryan Zimmerman and Shane Victorino.

My team would look like this:
C- Mauer, 1st- Berkman, 2nd - Phillips, 3rd - Zimmerman, SS - Bartlett, LF - Dunn, CF - Victorino, RF - Upton, UT - Cruz, Beltran, Vlad, Figgins

Is this an upgrade for me? My team can't hit HRs to save their lives right now.

Jewish Rabbi
05-02-2010, 09:40 PM
No

Hoover
05-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Gosh its like trading your entire team for his. I hate trades like that

KCChiefsMan
05-02-2010, 09:42 PM
whoa! getting a whole new team altogether?

The Bad Guy
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
i dont think I'm getting a whole new team. I'm leaning against it right now, but I do like Zimmerman and Victorino a great deal.

KevB
05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't like it. Youk and Holliday will pick it up.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2010, 10:46 PM
I know the Mariners have started off cold, but I fully expect Franklin Guiterrez to be a household name by the end of the season.

Hootie
05-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I countered your trade proposal in the CP league.

L.A. Chieffan
05-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Id do it. Cruz is a stud as long hes healthy.

Buck
05-02-2010, 11:21 PM
They play fantasy baseball you guys.

BWillie
05-03-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm pretty sure if you are one of those guys seriously into Fantasy Baseball, you got your ass kicked in high school. There is a strong correlation I'm sure.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm pretty sure if you are one of those guys seriously into Fantasy Baseball, you got your ass kicked in high school. There is a strong correlation I'm sure.

Yeah, that's it, douchebag.

cookster50
05-03-2010, 05:40 AM
I'd take that offer.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 06:36 AM
I'd take that offer.

I actually rejected it this morning.

The thing for me was Cruz's health - hamstrings are tough things for power hitters. I think Holliday is the best player in the deal and Youk and Zimm are pretty similar.

I have Austin Jackson and Beltran should be back in about a month. Victorino is nice, but I don't think he's that great.

noa
05-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Zimmerman has had that hamstring problem, but he's been on fire when he does play. And Victorino has been pretty cold until just recently. Cruz hits a good amount of HRs. Overall, I think I like it. Just monitor Zimmerman because they've been benching him randomly to let him rest his hamstring.

Edit: Just saw your post that you rejected it. I guess this is moot.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Since we have LF, CF, RF in this league, I think my LF gets significantly weaker.

I might try to get something done while keeping Holliday.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2010, 08:37 AM

negative. cancel that.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I ended up including Justin Upton, who I think gets way overhyped, and he included David Aardsma in the original deal.

I'm pretty happy.

Hootie
05-03-2010, 01:28 PM
So what was the final deal you made?

Because if Upton was a throw in for Aardsma...wow...Upton went like 15th overall in ESPN leagues and he started out slowly last year, too.

rtmike
05-03-2010, 01:46 PM
A month for Beltran? I read 6-8 more weeks cause his rehab has been postponed.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 02:19 PM
So what was the final deal you made?

Because if Upton was a throw in for Aardsma...wow...Upton went like 15th overall in ESPN leagues and he started out slowly last year, too.

The final deal was:

Upton, who I think is massively overrated, Youkilis, Austin Jackson and Franklin Guitierez

I get: Ryan Zimmerman, Shane Victorino, Nelson Cruz and David Aardsma.

I keep Holliday and pencil in Cruz in RF when he gets healthy.

Upton is a nice player, but I don't think one year of split stats tell you the whole story on him. I think he was massively overdrafted based on his draft pick status and hype to be honest.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 02:20 PM
A month for Beltran? I read 6-8 more weeks cause his rehab has been postponed.

He's slated to begin resuming baseball activities later this week. Rotoworld via NYPost said he could be back on the field at the end of May but more likely the first week of June.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2010, 02:22 PM
The final deal was:

Upton, who I think is massively overrated, Youkilis, Austin Jackson and Franklin Guitierez

Upton is a nice player, but I don't think one year of split stats tell you the whole story on him. I think he was massively overdrafted based on his draft pick status and hype to be honest.

Zimmerman is better than Youk, Jackson and Victorino basically cancel each other out, Cruz is tremendously better than Guitierez. Aardsma fucked me over yesterday so Im a little sour on him right now

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
would you do arod for d wright?

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Zimmerman is better than Youk, Jackson and Victorino basically cancel each other out, Cruz is tremendously better than Guitierez. Aardsma ****ed me over yesterday so Im a little sour on him right now

Yeah, he did. I'm not viewing him as the savior, but when Matt Busta Capps becomes Matt Capps again, I want to have some insurance at reliever.

I think Victorino is pretty underrated. He's a run scoring, triples machine who has some decent pop.

I view it as:

Zimmerman >>> Youk
Upton a slight edge over Cruz
Victorino >>> Jackson
Aardsma equal to Guiterez.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
would you do arod for d wright?

Who are you getting?

RJ
05-03-2010, 02:28 PM
The final deal was:

I like that deal. Aardsma is a little dicey at times, but it's not like he has any real competition for his job. I think you did well.

L.A. Chieffan
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Who are you getting?

I give up Wright for Arod. Wrights been playing great recently and Im pretty hesitant.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I give up Wright for Arod. Wrights been playing great recently and Im pretty hesitant.

I'd make the trade in one second. ARod is a horse.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 03:23 PM
The deal fell apart when the other owner tried to be a cock and drop Zimmerman and Youkilis from the offer. I rejected his counter of Cruz/Victorino/Aardsma for Vlad/Upton and Guitterez.

Upton is a better fantasy player than Nelson Cruz and Victorino becomes secondary for me with Beltran.

I'll just ride out Austin Jackson.

I hate bastards that backout of agreed to deals.

Hootie
05-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't really even like that trade for you anyways...

Zimmerman is not >>>> Youkilis...

Hoover
05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
OK I'm in the market for a top line SP

Here are the bats I have

C - Soto
1st - Votto
2nd - Zorbist
3rd - Longoria
SS - Assdribble/ Rollins
OF - Braun
OF - Hamilton
OF - Dunn
U - Casey McGahee

I'd like to package a few of these guys and grab a top line SP.

My SPs are

Josh Johnson
Chad Billingley
Scott Kazmir
Zambrano
Slowey
Edwin Jackson
Harden
Carmona

Closers
Aardsma, Velverde

I was to keep Johnson and Billingsley, but I need another guy like Johnson to make this team competitive. My pitching is so bad I grab Zambrano in hopes he turns it around and is also eligible as a relief pitcher, he only needs 2 more relief appearances ro qualify. Javier Vazquez cleared Waivers too.

Jackson and Sheets got me -60 last week

Hootie
05-03-2010, 04:00 PM
not sure why you haven't dropped half of those starting pitchers yet...

April is the time of year every year where you cut bait real quick on underachieving starters that weren't drafted in the first 10 rounds and replace them with the C.J. Wilson's and Colby Lewis' (Texas is pretty good this year!) that emerge every season...

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't really even like that trade for you anyways...

Zimmerman is not >>>> Youkilis...

I disagree. Zimmerman is a stud who is finally getting it. Youkilis has nothing around him anymore to get him pitches. He also tails off pretty bad in the 2nd half.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Well the trade just flipped back again and it's done.

I traded:

Vlad, who was just a UT clog, Guitterez, Austin Jackson, Youkilis and Upton

I received:

Casey McGehee, as a throw-in, Nelson Cruz, Shane Victorino, David Aardsma and Ryan Zimmerman.

I'm happy.

jbwm89
05-03-2010, 05:00 PM
How about this im in the CP league but this is my other team.

I am really deep in pitching and really thin in the OF department so a friend of mine offered

I get Andre Either for

Kershaw and Price

My OF looks like this: Choo, Guillen, Pence, Granderson DL, and Chris Young

My pitching looks like this: Ubaldo, Lackey, KROD, Fernando rodney, hanson, Fuentes, Ricky romero, Price sanchez, Niemann and Simon.

I know its a lot to sort through but I could appreciate the help I don't like the deal but I feel like i have to do something at OF im currently 4/12 in the league and getting killed offensively

Hootie
05-03-2010, 05:47 PM
anytime you can trade 2 for 1 and get the best player in the deal...you do it...

That's a no brainer.