PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Give me your best Potato recipe

OmahaChief
05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I love a good potato dish and am looking for some new ones to try. Anyone got one that will be sure to please a dinner party?

seclark
05-04-2010, 08:57 AM
leave the skins on.
slice as thin as you can.
deep fry.

sec
~simple kind of man

penguinz
05-04-2010, 08:58 AM
cube up some red and golden potatoes, season with salt and pepper, wrap in aluminum foil, throw on grill for 40 minutes.

boogblaster
05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
spuds
onions
garlic
olive oil
salt & pepper
slice spuds lengthwise bout 3/8 thick
roll in above spices
lay on cookie sheet
bake in oven on 375
only turn once
usually done in bout 30 minutes
sprinkle with pepper flakes when you take out of oven

sedated
05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
potato, bacon, and cheddar soup

ChiTown
05-04-2010, 09:04 AM
cube up some red and golden potatoes, season with salt and pepper, wrap in aluminum foil, throw on grill for 40 minutes.

throw in some olive oil, red pepper and a little Parmesan cheese.

MVChiefFan
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
This is terribly unhealthy but tastes great.

sliced cooked potatoes
ranch dressing
bacon
colby cheese

combine all ingredients into crock pot. Heat up and enjoy.

Toadkiller
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Whole potato, rub the skin with butter, heavily salt with coarse salt and pepper the skin like cover it, put directly on to grill, grill to done and skin will be crispy and the insides baked potato like. SO easy and awesome.

Chiefs=Champions
05-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Slice potatoes, one onion into thin slices.
layer in bowl, with good onion to potatoe ratio
layer some cream, cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and maybe some milk on top of layer
repeat this, obviously not over doing the above
then add more cheese on top.
Bake in oven

amazing potatoe bake.

Chiefs=Champions
05-04-2010, 09:09 AM
also u could add some bacon..

Red Beans
05-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Sliced thin, olive oil, seasoning salt, bake. Not my favorite way to prepare the buggers but about as quick and easy as it comes. That's what she said!

Simply Red
05-04-2010, 09:18 AM
tater tots

Nzoner
05-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Cut medium sized potatoes into quarters leaving skin on,boil in water until about 1/2 done and then finish cooking by deep frying.Season to taste and enjoy.

Simply Red
05-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I'll PM you the best thing to take.

mlyonsd
05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Kugeli is something I hadn't had until I met my wife. I don't have the family recipe here but this one is very close.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>KUGELI LITHUANIAN POTATO CASSEROLE
Printed from COOKS.COM
<HR noShade><!----><!--KUGELI LITHUANIAN POTATO CASSEROLE-->
□ 10 lg. potatoes, grated
□ 1/2 lb. bacon, diced
□ 1 stick butter
□ 2 lg. onions
□ 4 eggs
□ 1 c. hot milk
□ 1 tsp salt
□ 1/2 tsp. pepper
Brown bacon; brown onions in butter. Add to grated potatoes. Stir in salt, pepper and milk. Add beaten eggs in last, stir well. Set oven at 350 degrees. Grease one large pan (10 x 13 inches) or two small (8 x 8 inches) pans. Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hour. Cannot be frozen; reheat in microwave or refry.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Begin comScore Tag --><SCRIPT> document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + (document.location.protocol == "https:" ? "https://sb" : "http://b") + ".scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js' %3E%3C/script%3E"));</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://b.scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://b.scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://b.scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT> COMSCORE.beacon({ c1:2, c2:7129931, c3:"", c4:"www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1938,144167-225203,00.html", c5:"", c6:"", c15:"" });</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!-- End comScore Tag -->

DaKCMan AP
05-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Really easy and one of my fav's:

1. Cube potatoes (preferably red-skinned)
2. In a ziploc bag add potatoes, olive oil and a packet of lipton onion soup mix
3. Close bag, mix all until potatoes are well-coated
4. Add to baking dish or pan and put in oven at 375F until potatoes are cooked through

This recipe is also on the side of the lipton onion soup mix box. I usually like to make everything without using pre-made mixes/spices but this is an exception.

blaise
05-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Really easy and one of my fav's:

1. Cube potatoes (preferably red-skinned)
2. In a ziploc bag add potatoes, olive oil and a packet of lipton onion soup mix
3. Close bag, mix all until potatoes are well-coated
4. Add to baking dish or pan and put in oven at 375F until potatoes are cooked through

This recipe is also on the side of the lipton onion soup mix box. I usually like to make everything without using pre-made mixes/spices but this is an exception.

I do something like that, but use dill as the seasoning instead of the soup mix.

OmahaChief
05-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Some good sounding stuff in here. Keep it coming and thanks for the replies.

Simply Red
05-04-2010, 09:38 AM
**** it, here goes:

Hashbrown Casserole, from the top of my head:

2 medium bags of tots - thawed
3 Tablespoons of better than bouillion 'ham base' (VERY IMPORTANT)
1 medium vidalia onion sauteed in 2 oz of butter or marg. (until translucent)
1 bunch of green onion chopped add two cans of cream of chicken soup
16 oz of sharp cheddar
10 oz of sour cream
S & P to taste

after sauteeing vidalia onions, add soup cheese and continue to simmer for 5 minutes, marrying the ingredients. NEXT, let cool for 10 mins - combine tots w/ saucy mixture, mix well, add green o's.

retop w/ cheese and parsley, back till bubbling, 350 for 40 mins or so.

ps:
if you want to get cute, dice up some bacon and sautee w/ onions. Optional if you're using the ham base. :)

Red Beans
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
My old lady's got a ridiculous potato salad recipe. I mean fucking unstoppable. She'd have both my balls if I divulge it though. (Yes, I'm implying she has one of my testicles in her purse at any given time.) I must be feeling like a badass today, saying that she only has one of my balls. That's just crazy.

Jilly
05-04-2010, 10:07 AM
throw in some olive oil, red pepper and a little Parmesan cheese.

OH YUM!

shitgoose
05-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Not a potato recipe but this was the last thing I ate before starting the V-Diet and it was ****ing delicious. Got the recipe from a friend

Jalapeno Popper Dip

2 8 oz packages of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 C Mayo
1/2 C sour cream
1 4oz can chopped green chilies (drained)
2 4oz can of diced jalepenos
1.5 C Shredded Cheddar

mix all together in pyrex dish and bake 350 1hr

Dante84
05-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Shredd the taters, roll in a mixture of creme cheese, pepperjack cheese, and chedder cheese with lump blue crab meat. Form a tater tot. Fry.

Dip in a mixture of a jalapeno ranch OR a mango vinaigrette .... or even better alternate between the two and or mix on your plate.

MoreLemonPledge
05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
1. Buy a baking potato
2. Wrap it in aluminum foil
3. Put it in the oven (it doesn't really matter how long or at what temperature. It's going to take forever no matter what)
4. Carefully remove the potato and unwrap it
5. Bisect the potato with a knife
6. Add salt, pepper, and butter (sour cream and bacon bits are optional. If you need chives, you're just an uptight dick)
7. Eat