PDA

View Full Version : Football Another offseason thread...What team has the best secondary?

Mr_Tomahawk
05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
We obviously upgraded our secondary this draft...

Who do you think has the best defensive backfield in the league?

I will say Jets...followed by...I don't know...:D

Yup...this is a weak thread. But I am bored, and it's the offseason. Go!

Mr_Tomahawk
05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.barelyworksafe.com/images/three_hot_girls_bikini.jpg

Now....?

AED
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I'd go with the Jets too, but I also like the Saints secondary, even without Sharper.

Quesadilla Joe
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Before the Jets signed Cromartie and drafted Kyle Wilson I would have said Denver. Now Denver has the #2 secondary in the NFL.

AED
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Before the Jets signed Cromartie and drafted Kyle Wilson I would have said Denver. Now Denver has the #2 secondary in the NFL.

ROFL You sir, kill me with your homer glasses.

booyaf2
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM

:LOL:

Sofa King
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM

:facepalm:

ModSocks
05-04-2010, 01:33 PM

LMAO :facepalm: LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
05-04-2010, 03:02 PM

Must have improved by leaps and bounds since their last game...

CaliforniaChief
05-04-2010, 03:05 PM

I believe he's speaking of poop when he says #2. That's what I grew up calling it, at least.

keg in kc
05-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Jets right now. I think we're building a good one here. Hopefully the d-line comes along so they're not having to cover for 27 seconds/play.

Bane
05-04-2010, 03:37 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL
Dungvers secondary isn't even the best in the AFCW....ROFL
Seriously Knowmo,you must try harder than that.

keg in kc
05-04-2010, 03:39 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL
Dungvers secondary isn't even the best in the AFCW....ROFL
Seriously Knowmo,you must try harder than that.I'm not sure they're the best in Denver.

How's the high school ball out there?

Bane
05-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure they're the best in Denver.

How's the high school ball out there?

Well I'll give them a lil credit,but I'm not even sure they'd be top 10 in the league.:shake:

Quesadilla Joe
05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
What other team has two first ballot HOF'ers?

Goodman and Renaldo Hill would start on almost every team in the league and we have a bunch of young depth all over the secondary. The secondary was the strength of the Broncos last year and they were a big reason for Dumervil leading the league in sacks.

Brock
05-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Goodman and Renaldo Hill would start on almost every team in the league and we have a bunch of young depth all over the secondary. The secondary was the strength of the Broncos last year and they were a big reason for Dumervil leading the league in sacks.

Your secondary is old.

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2010, 06:01 PM

I'm only mad at you because you made me shit my pants. But was it worth it? It was.

Quesadilla Joe
05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Your secondary is old.

That is why we have future starters waiting in the wings like Darcel McBath, Alphonso Smith, Parrish Cox, David Bruton, Tony Carter, and Sydquan Thompson.

WhitiE
05-04-2010, 06:06 PM

dude you couldn't possibly believe that. you must be saying outrages stuff just to get a rise out of people. If you do believe it then I just feel sorry for you.....

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2010, 06:07 PM
That is why we have future starters waiting in the wings like Darcel McBath, Alphonso Smith, Parrish Cox, David Bruton, Tony Carter, and Sydquan Thompson.

Yeah. Those guys have pro bowler written all over them.

Brock
05-04-2010, 06:08 PM

That doesn't have anything to do with now. Right now, you have a secondary that's old and fades badly as the season progresses, as you witnessed last year.

Quesadilla Joe
05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
That doesn't have anything to do with now. Right now, you have a secondary that's old and fades badly as the season progresses, as you witnessed last year.

It was the run defense that faded down the stretch. We gave up 175 yards per game on the ground the last 6 games of the season. And now we have 5 new starters on the front 7.

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2010, 06:17 PM
By the way, if I were to pick some runner-ups (distant seconds to the Jets), I'd go with....
Ravens
Bills
Titans

TheGuardian
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure what Cromartie has to do with anything he's fucking awful.

BigMeatballDave
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
It was the run defense that faded down the stretch. We gave up 175 yards per game on the ground the last 6 games of the season. And now we have 5 new starters on the front 7.LMAO Your secondary is not as good as ours and is probably in the bottom 10.

Quesadilla Joe
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
LMAO Your secondary is not as good as ours and is probably in the bottom 10.

You have Brandon Flowers who MIGHT be our #2 corner and that is it. Michael Huff and Donte Whitner were also top 10 draft picks so lets hold off on the Berry praise for a while mmmkay.

LaChapelle
05-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Your PMs must be wall to wall tongue rimmings

Mr_Tomahawk
05-04-2010, 06:30 PM
By the way, if I were to pick some runner-ups (distant seconds to the Jets), I'd go with....
Ravens
Bills
Titans

Ha...out of 2 pages of horse sh!t someone gives the type of response I am looking for... :clap:

tyler360
05-04-2010, 06:31 PM
You have Brandon Flowers who MIGHT be our #2 corner and that is it. Michael Huff and Donte Whitner were also top 10 draft picks so lets hold off on the Berry praise for a while mmmkay.

There is no might about it. He is a stud and if you would take off the bronco glasses and wipe the jizz from your eye you would realize that Flowers is a really good corner.

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2010, 06:35 PM
There is no might about it. He is a stud and if you would take off the bronco glasses and wipe the jizz from your eye you would realize that Flowers is a really good corner.

I don't think there was anything wrong with that statement. I really like Flowers and I'm glad he's younger, but at this stage, Champ is still better. Not a knock on Flowers in any way.

BigMeatballDave
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
You have Brandon Flowers who MIGHT be our #2 corner and that is it. Michael Huff and Donte Whitner were also top 10 draft picks so lets hold off on the Berry praise for a while mmmkay.I see. So, while we have a young secondary with a ton of potential, your young secondary, who dont even start, are already potential all-time greats?

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't think there was anything wrong with that statement. I really like Flowers and I'm glad he's younger, but at this stage, Champ is still better. Not a knock on Flowers in any way.

Sorry... oh wait. Misread.

Yeah, you're right. No "might". Flowers would easily be the #2 in Denver.

BigMeatballDave
05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't think there was anything wrong with that statement. I really like Flowers and I'm glad he's younger, but at this stage, Champ is still better. Not a knock on Flowers in any way.Its not that, Homo said MIGHT be #2. There's no doubt he'd #2 on that secondary.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Denver+Broncos+0jYlIVxzsgjl.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I see. So, while we have a young secondary with a ton of potential, your young secondary, who dont even start, are already potential all-time greats?

I never said our young guys were going to be all time greats. I said they are starters waiting in the wings.

Who do you have in your secondary besides Berry and Flowers? Jabar Gaffney ate your secondary alive and Kyle Orton had over 400 yards passing week 17. The only people I can name on your secondary is Page, Carr, and Leggett and I don't see a whole lot of upside with any of them.

The Bad Guy
05-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I never said our young guys were going to be all time greats. I said they are starters waiting in the wings.

Who do you have in your secondary besides Berry and Flowers? Jabar Gaffney ate your secondary alive and Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton had over 400 yards passing week 17. The only people I can name on your secondary is Page, Carr, and Leggett and I don't see a whole lot of upside with any of them.

That's because you are a blind fucking fool. I could care less what Kyle Orton threw for. He also threw 2 touchdowns to Derrick Johnson. You remember that right?

Carr is a solid corner. Javier Arenas has as much potential as all your backups as well.

The Chiefs secondary is massively improved. It will be hilarious watching Brian Dawkins fall apart for a second year.

The Chiefs secondary's oldest starter is going to be entering their 3rd year. Your secondary is entering their 3rd year in AARP.

Fuck off.