PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colin Brown

angelo
05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
My friends kid (12 years old 5'11 270)attends Will Shields Kids academy.

He has witnessed on many occasions Colin Brown working out one on one with Will Shields.

He looks like he has lost weight and is in much better shape. He said his footwork looked great.

I hope this is a good sign.

Ang

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
http://raisingebenezer.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jesus-praying.jpg

ModSocks
05-05-2010, 01:31 PM
I think we have so much young, developing talent on the interior line. With Asomoah, Brown, Water, Lilja, we almost have a log jam at the guard position. Im hoping we can kick Asomoah to RT and Brown to start at RG.

Hootie
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
wouldn't it be hilarious if Brown turned out to be a great guard and one of the only valuable offensive lineman taken in the later rounds last year?

God that would make the drafturbators look like total fucking morons...

KCrockaholic
05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
If he can ever even be an average player it is a win. But we need a great RT. The interior of our line if pretty ridiculous at this point, and Brown is NOT going to start this season anyways with Asamoah, and Lilja in the mix.

Marcellus
05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I think the bigger question is whether it is too soon to sign your friends son.

12 yrs old and 5'11" 270. Holy shit. That seems a bit excessive.

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I think we have so much young, developing talent on the interior line. With Asomoah, Brown, Water, Lilja, we almost have a log jam at the guard position. Im hoping we can kick Asomoah to RT and Brown to start at RG.

Let's not start a jerk fest just yet. Waters is in the final stage of his career and played like it last year. Brown hasn't done anything to show he's capable of playing at the NFL level. Lilja was dumped by the Colts for injury concerns and lack of power. Asamoah is a rookie.

That's not exactly the same situation as the Jets or Vikings. Not by a long shot. There's a hell of a lot more in terms of question marks versus "so much young, developing talent" at that position. And that's not taking into consideration the horrible performance that we got from both tackle spots and the center spot. While I think Asamoah was a top talent at the guard position and the Chiefs did a good thing by drafting him, there are still a lot of holes and question marks all along the offensive line.

HemiEd
05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
wouldn't it be hilarious if Brown turned out to be a great guard and one of the only valuable offensive lineman taken in the later rounds last year?

God that would make the drafturbators look like total ****ing morons...

ROFL It would, for sure. But to be fair, Dane has been on the Colin Brown bandwagon some lately.

Hammock Parties
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM

Dane and Milkman have been pimping Colin Brown since the last exhibition season.

HOOTIE FAIL

Hootie
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Dane and Milkman have been pimping Colin Brown since the last exhibition season.

HOOTIE FAIL

I've never considered Milkman to be a drafturbator...

and I'm more or less talking about Mecca and Hamas...they about lost their shit when we took Colin Brown in the 5th round...

Complete meltdown.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 01:47 PM

Them saying not to draft OL in the first and a OL turning out good not taken in the first makes them look stupid? Are you stupid? If anything that makes everyone saying OL or bust look stupid.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 01:48 PM
And why are people so against Asomoah at guard? Hes not a center, hes not a tackle, hes a fucking guard.

RealSNR
05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I still fail to see how this asshole will be any better than Herb Taylor.

But whatever. I GUESS I'M NOT AN NFL EMPLOYEE TAHT JUDGES TALENT LAWL!!!!11

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 01:51 PM

I was huge on Brown last year in the preseason. Darryl Harris as well.

KCChiefsMan
05-05-2010, 01:51 PM
And why are people so against Asomoah at guard? Hes not a center, hes not a tackle, hes a ****ing guard.

because they are morans

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
If he can ever even be an average player it is a win. But we need a great RT. The interior of our line if pretty ridiculous at this point, and Brown is NOT going to start this season anyways with Asamoah, and Lilja in the mix.

I wouldn't go that far.

Lilja signed a three year $7.5 million dollar deal with no bonus and they still haven't decided where he'll play.

I think Asamoah and Brown are both in the mix as starters and LG & RG respectively.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
I still fail to see how this asshole will be any better than Herb Taylor.

But whatever. I GUESS I'M NOT AN NFL EMPLOYEE TAHT JUDGES TALENT LAWL!!!!11

Did Herb even find another team??? Just curious.

Hammock Parties
05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

Lilja signed a three year $7.5 million dollar deal with no bonus and they still haven't decided where he'll play.

I think Asamoah and Brown are both in the mix as starters and LG & RG respectively.

Pioli said RG.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Pioli said RG.

When? I must have missed it.

If so, that definitely means Asamoah at left guard because they've got Brown and Nsukwe as right guards and it would make no sense to have that position 4-deep.

FD
05-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

RealSNR
05-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Did Herb even find another team??? Just curious.He was with the Donkos for awhile. But that's the problem. You just can't bounce around from team to team. You get labeled as a guy who just can't cut it.

All I know is Herb's strength is the right side, and we had him playing all over, including left tackle of all things. You usually don't get good results that way.

Hammock Parties
05-05-2010, 01:56 PM

If so, that definitely means Asamoah at left guard because they've got Brown and Nsukwe as right guards and it would make no sense to have that position 4-deep.

During the pre-draft press conference.

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
And why are people so against Albert at guard? Hes not a center, hes not a tackle, hes a ****ing guard.

FYP

KCChiefsMan
05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
During the pre-draft press conference.

hmmmm, so it's set in stone then?

KCrockaholic
05-05-2010, 01:58 PM
No matter what happens, our interior line situation is very interesting. Weigmann should start at Center despite his age. Waters should probably start at LG. But the Right side of our line is strange. Lilja has never played RG, but could he? Asamoah is an obvious choice IMO. I like him A LOT. Brown is interesting, but I would rather see him develop as a RT since we need a great RT. I don't believe in O'Callahan. But I think he is ok. It's all going to come down to how everything pans out in training camp.

RealSNR
05-05-2010, 01:58 PM
FYPWho would you rather have at left tackle? :spock:

KCrockaholic
05-05-2010, 01:59 PM
FYP

:shake:

Too bad. Albert is our LT for years to come. Get over it.

Ebolapox
05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
FYP

you're a farging moron.

Fish
05-05-2010, 02:07 PM

I'm friends with Lilja's cousin. Lilja said he'd be at RG.

The Franchise
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

Hopefully Lilja was a depth move. I'd love to see Asamoah and Brown be our starting guards.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm friends with Lilja's cousin. Lilja said he'd be at RG.

Okay, thanks!

I think that pretty much seals the Asamoah to left guard because as I mentioned earlier, it would be ridiculous to have four right guards in Lilja, Brown, Asamoah and Nsukwe yet only two left guards in Waters and Harris.

I'm thinking Waters can say "Adios, amigos" if Asamoah lives up to his billing in preseason and training camp.

ModSocks
05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Could Waters play RT?

milkman
05-05-2010, 02:24 PM

God that would make the drafturbators look like total ****ing morons...

Dane and I have both talked about how Brown looked like he had real potential at the guard position after last season's pre season.

So how does that fit into your idiot world?

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Hopefully Lilja was a depth move. I'd love to see Asamoah and Brown be our starting guards.

Yep. I'll be disappointed if Brown can't win the starting right guard spot.

Hootie
Dane and I have both talked about how Brown looked like he had real potential at the guard position after last season's pre season.

So how does that fit into your idiot world?

didn't say shit about you buddy

Christ

DaneMcCloud
Could Waters play RT?

LMAO

I assume you're joking, right?

milkman
05-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Ndukwe is now on the cut watch.

Just a matter of time.

The Bad Guy
05-05-2010, 02:27 PM
I think ideally, Lilja will go to LG when Waters is canned (might be as early as this year) with Asamoah going to RG. I'm surprised they didn't try to stick Brown at RT.

milkman
05-05-2010, 02:30 PM
No matter what happens, our interior line situation is very interesting. Weigmann should start at Center despite his age. Waters should probably start at LG. But the Right side of our line is strange. Lilja has never played RG, but could he? Asamoah is an obvious choice IMO. I like him A LOT. Brown is interesting, but I would rather see him develop as a RT since we need a great RT. I don't believe in O'Callahan. But I think he is ok. It's all going to come down to how everything pans out in training camp.

Brown's foot work willl have to have improved substantially to ever play RT.

Right now, O'Callaghan has better foot work than he does, and he has anchors for feet.

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Who would you rather have at left tackle? :spock:

Russell Okung.

Brock
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Russell Okung.

You're acting like a Sanchez ballwasher.

KCrockaholic
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Brown's foot work willl have to have improved substantially to ever play RT.

Right now, O'Callaghan has better foot work than he does, and he has anchors for feet.

That's what I figure. It's just wishful thinking since we have nothing at all after O'Callahan. Like I said, I would like to see Brown "develop" as a RT and see how far he can get at that position since RT is more of a "need" than RG.

Hootie
05-05-2010, 02:44 PM

I'm about to put him on ignore...he's fucking ignorant as shit...fucking leech like ROR

The Bad Guy
05-05-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm about to put him on ignore...he's ****ing ignorant as shit...****ing leech like ROR

I already did a while ago.

It's amazing the ability he has to type 100 words in posts, but say jack shit in all of them.

He's the only one on draft night that was actually dissapointed we took Berry.

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 02:49 PM

Yeah...I'm sorry.

I'm just not as optimistic as some around here seem to be, particularly in this thread, about our suddenly improved offensive line.

We signed two guards. That's it. And since Wade Smith left, we probably needed one. However, we didn't do much to address the real problem positions on the line, such as center, right tackle and, dare I say it, left tackle. (And I'm hoping beyond hope that you are all correct and Albert does get it this year.)

They had a chance to get a quality center in this draft, and they didn't. They could have got a quality right tackle and they didn't do it. (Case in point, Ciron Black would have been a major upgrade to the position as an UDFA, but he ends up in Pittsburgh - amazing that some teams just seem to get it right time and again while we flounder.)

However, we did sign two UDFA linemen right after the draft at the center and right tackle position (Andrew Lewis and Tyler Eastman). Perhaps one of those guys makes an impact. If Eastman can mirror the rookie season of his former Black Bear teammate Jovan Belcher I'll be one happy guy. And I thought Lewis was very underrated in the draft in terms of being a quality center prospect.

In fact, right now, I'll go on record: Eastman will be the #2 guy at RT and possibly supplant Seamus O'Murphy by the end of the season.

...whew...

Okay, now I feel better about our offensive line situation.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I think ideally, Lilja will go to LG when Waters is canned (might be as early as this year) with Asamoah going to RG. I'm surprised they didn't try to stick Brown at RT.

Brown's footwork just isn't good enough to be a right tackle.

In essence, he's a Ryan O'Callaghan clone, same height, weight, etc.

He had the makings of a very good right guard last preseason before being put on IR.

Ideally (at least to me), I hope he wins the right guard job and Asamoah the left, with Lilja as a swingman.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Ndukwe is now on the cut watch.

Just a matter of time.

Which makes tendering he and Niswanger with second rounders, all the more curious.

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I already did a while ago.

It's amazing the ability he has to type 100 words in posts, but say jack shit in all of them.

He's the only one on draft night that was actually dissapointed we took Berry.

You can't possibly be this dumb.

And Hootie calling someone ignorant is hypocrisy at it's finest.

I would be honored to have both of you dumb fuckers ignore me.

keg in kc
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm about to put him on ignore...he's ****ing ignorant as shit...****ing leech like RORI already did a while ago.

He's the only one on draft night that was actually dissapointed we took Berry.I've had to use ignore a bit more than usual in 2010. For a long time Proctor and some obvious trolls were the only guys on there, but there seems to be an increase in dipshittery recently.

I know some people don't 'get' the ignore feature, but if somebody isn't going to say something worth my time to read, I figure it's just better to remove them.

Direckshun
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Ideally (at least to me), I hope he wins the right guard job and Asamoah the left, with Lilja as a swingman.

Splooge.

milkman
05-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Which makes tendering he and Niswanger with second rounders, all the more curious.

It's not like they'll get paid if either gets cut before the start of the season.

I expect Niswanger to make the final roster, and would not be at all surprised to see him actually starting, because I just don't see Weigman being the guy at his age.

I think he's right there in the same boat that Goff was last season.

BigChiefFan
05-05-2010, 02:55 PM
This year, the O-Line will be LT Albert, LG Waters, C Weigmann, RG Lilja, RT O'Callaghan IMO.

The future O-Line will be LT Albert, LG Lilja, C Asamoah, RG Brown, RT O'Callaghan IMO.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
This year, the O-Line will be LT Albert, LG Waters, C Weigmann, RG Lilja, RT O'Callaghan IMO.

The future O-Line will be LT Albert, LG Lilja, C Asamoah, RG Brown, RT O'Callaghan IMO.

Puttting Asahoah at center would be a waste of his talent.

He's needs to be at the left guard position, period.

And O'Callaghan gets one more year to prove he's the solution at right tackle or he's strictly backup in 2011.

The Bad Guy
05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
You can't possibly be this dumb.

And Hootie calling someone ignorant is hypocrisy at it's finest.

I would be honored to have both of you dumb ****ers ignore me.

You are a stupid fucking douche with horrible football takes.

Just as I thought, you post a 100 word post above, that says basically nothing.

Keep washing the Okung balls. I'll never click view post next to your removed posts again.

Hopefully you find a Seahawks board to infest.

Remember this gem:

It isn't going to be Berry.

You people are so silly.

Fuck off.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 02:57 PM
It's not like they'll get paid if either gets cut before the start of the season.

I expect Niswanger to make the final roster, and would not be at all surprised to see him actually starting, because I just don't see Weigman being the guy at his age.

I think he's right there in the same boat that Goff was last season.

No, I'm with you on that point but it's just that if they had tendered them with lower picks (like 4th or 5th rounders), maybe they could have received something in return, instead of just outright waiving them and getting nothing.

Brock
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Okung was so great that the team with the crying ass need for a left tackle took Trent Williams.

milkman
05-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Okung was so great that the team with the crying ass need for a left tackle took Trent Williams.

Good point, and most people that watched saw a guy in Williams that struggled in two starts at LT.

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm about to put him on ignore...he's ****ing ignorant as shit...****ing leech like ROR

Seriously - have you ever read your own posts?

I could go into extreme length about your threads and posts being some of, if not the dumbest fucking things to have ever been put on this board - and that's saying something. They are ignorant, inciting, instigative and are more often than not without any merit whatsoever, and yet you have the balls to say that you are going to put me on ignore because I mention that I wasn't particularly happy with our left tackle play last season?

You hypocritical, ignorant dildo.

KCrockaholic
05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
The only reason Washington took Williams over Okung was because they felt he fit the zone scheme better than Okung because Williams is more athletic than Okung.

Brock
05-05-2010, 03:06 PM
The only reason Washington took Williams over Okung was because they felt he fit the zone scheme better than Okung because Williams is more athletic than Okung.

OU's coaches think he's a lazy turd.

milkman
05-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Oh, you mean the same kind of zone blocking scheme the Chiefs will be using?

Hootie
05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Seriously - have you ever read your own posts?

I could go into extreme length about your threads and posts being some of, if not the dumbest ****ing things to have ever been put on this board - and that's saying something. They are ignorant, inciting, instigative and are more often than not without any merit whatsoever, and yet you have the balls to say that you are going to put me on ignore because I mention that I wasn't particularly happy with our left tackle play last season?

You hypocritical, ignorant dildo.

I have no problem with anyone putting me on ignore or telling me I'm a dumbfuck.

That's their prerogative.

I'm just saying...I NEVER use ignore...

and lately...I just can't read any more of ROR's crap...his posting style is so fucking annoying...so I actually used ignore for the first time ever...

Now I'm going to have to use it a 2nd time...

Congrats.

KCrockaholic
05-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh, you mean the same kind of zone blocking scheme the Chiefs will be using?

Yep. And I'm sure that had something to do with why we didn't draft him and took Berry instead.

Saccopoo
05-05-2010, 03:09 PM
You are a stupid ****ing douche with horrible football takes.

Just as I thought, you post a 100 word post above, that says basically nothing.

Keep washing the Okung balls. I'll never click view post next to your removed posts again.

Hopefully you find a Seahawks board to infest.

Remember this gem:

It isn't going to be Berry.

You people are so silly.

**** off.

Yeah...

I mention the possible contributions of some of our UDFA in terms of addressing needs along the offensive line.

But that's saying nothing.

However, your "impressive" contribution to the thread is "your a stupid douche with horrible football takes." That's some awesome, objective analysis regarding the thread and it's subject matter.

You can stand right next to Hootie at the front of the line for asinine, ignorant hypocrites.

Mecca
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Washington will most likely regret that pick, Seattle hired Alex Gibbs they're going to use the same zone blocking scheme.

DBOSHO
05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I thought lilja was a lg in indy and asamoah was a rg in college?

Either way, the line looks to be pretty improved from last year. Im excited to see what charles and cassel can do with actual blocking.

The Franchise
05-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Wasn't Ndukwe undrafted? I'm assuming they wanted to use the original round tender for him....but there wasn't one.....so they went with a pick they knew no other team would give up for him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
O'Callaghan is one of the worst RTs in football. That position needs to be addressed, but it can be done in later rounds.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 06:34 PM

JFC

Lilja isn't a RG. Asamoah isn't a C. How fucking stupid are people. If anything switch them, but Lilja probably sucks at C too.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Wasn't Ndukwe undrafted? I'm assuming they wanted to use the original round tender for him....but there wasn't one.....so they went with a pick they knew no other team would give up for him.

Exactly, which is why it makes absolutely no sense to sign Lilja while Colin Brown and Nsukwe are already on the roster, then draft Asamoah to compete at right guard as well.

I think Asamoah is strictly a left guard for the Chiefs and Lilja, Nsukwe and Brown battle it out for starter and backup.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Asamoah is the RG of the future with Brown as his backup. Its between Harris(my choice) and Lilja for LG of the future.

booger
05-05-2010, 07:18 PM

yep.

the signing of Lilja and Weigmann plus the interest(may have been to try to sway Lilja into deciding quicker) in Hank Fraley came on pretty quick in a matter of a week or so when all of the info and signing sprung up.

Could have been Weis and his evaluation and possibly disagreement among Niswanger and Ndukwe among last years leftover coaches, this years new ones, and Pioli and Haley.

Pretty good competiton for the interior spots though, with developmental (short term) stop gaps, and guys like Rudy who's best niche may be in a Wade smith role backing up all 3 spots at G, C ,G.

Edit: Plus they have the money to do so with how low the overall salary for the team is. They could have removed the tender of Rudy and Ndukwe after the OL signings

philfree
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
After reading some of the replys here's my take. I think Haley & Co. will have a start point with this group but in the end he's going to put the best five guys on the field. :)

PhilFree:arrow:

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Asamoah is the RG of the future with Brown as his backup. Its between Harris(my choice) and Lilja for LG of the future.

I'm not saying you're incorrect but I believe it would be monumentally stupid to burn two draft picks in consecutive years on the right guard position, as well as trading a 6th rounder for that spot as well.

Monumentally stupid.

BigRock
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM

They didn't actually have a choice.

There are only 4 RFA tenders: 1st and 3rd round, 1st round, 2nd round, and original draft round. Both Ndukwe and Niswanger were undrafted, so the last one doesn't apply.

If they didn't want either guy to walk, they literally had no choice but to give them both 2nd round tenders.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm not saying you're incorrect but I believe it would be monumentally stupid to burn two draft picks in consecutive years on a right guard.

Monumentally stupid.

its pretty common for 5th round picks not to make the team. Especially in poor drafts. They also probably didn't expect someone like Aso to fall to the third. I wonder if Harris can play C? If Lilja couldn't. I wouldn't mind Albert-Asomah-Harris-Brown-Richardson

RustShack
05-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Brown is pretty tall for a guard though. They could have drafted him in hopes of him being the RT of the future and already knowing they failed try him at RG but he got hurt and a player too good to pass up fell to them.

booger
05-05-2010, 07:34 PM
its gonna be a fun spot to keep an eye on in TC. Gretz had a q/a after the draft and based on some questions he answered from readers he seems to think it is possibly Lilja's knees won't hold up, so he's heard of those whispers out there like some on this board mentioned. He also thinks Rudy beats out Weigmann for the starting spot at C. I don't know if his reasoning is Casey's age or the fact that Haley and Pioli like Rudy's toughness coming back and playing so soon from his MCL injury.

I think it won't work in the long run but i think they will look at Brown and Ndukwe at RT some. Richardson is better at LT than RT but they can get by if he has to finish a game if they only have 3 active T's on gameday. They can only keep so many guys who lack a second position versatility and that doesn't bode well for Ndukwe( i think he is a natural RG) and Richardson.

I also think there's a chance they have Harris pegged as the guy to groom at C for the future. Or maybe short term in the Wade smith spot as a backup to the 3 inside spots. Which would be Niswanger's spot if Weigmann starts. Weigmann and/or Lilja likely get cut if they don't start, also assuming the youngens in those spots show enough to let the vets go. Probably gonna have to rely and try and get another year out of Waters.

This OL competition is going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Brown is pretty tall for a guard though. They could have drafted him in hopes of him being the RT of the future and already knowing they failed try him at RG but he got hurt and a player too good to pass up fell to them.

No fucking way. If so, Pioli's a fucking idiot.

You DO NOT spend a high third round pick, a high fifth round pick, a sixth round pick AND money in free agency on the same GODDAMN GUARD POSITION!

Doing so would be so fucking incredibly stupid that I can't even imagine ANY GM making that type of decision.

There are scouting reports all over the fucking internet saying that Asamoah projects at LEFT GUARD. We already know that Lilja will be a right tackle, so it'll be between Brown, Nsukwe & Lilja as to who starts at RIGHT guard.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Clearly, you failed to watch him during preseason last year.

But if you did, you don't have a clue as how to grade offensive lineman.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Brown was just a wasted pick that Pioli made in a bad draft with out his own scouting department. If he wanted a starting guard he would have drafted Duke Robinson among a few others better than Brown. Actually probably more than a few.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Clearly, you failed to watch him during preseason last year.

But if you did, you don't have a clue as how to grade offensive lineman.

Yeah, he was so good we drafted Asamoah. A lot of guys look great in Pre Season who don't make rosters.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 07:52 PM
its gonna be a fun spot to keep an eye on in TC. Gretz had a q/a after the draft and based on some questions he answered from readers he seems to think it is possibly Lilja's knees won't hold up, so he's heard of those whispers out there like some on this board mentioned. He also thinks Rudy beats out Weigmann for the starting spot at C. I don't know if his reasoning is Casey's age or the fact that Haley and Pioli like Rudy's toughness coming back and playing so soon from his MCL injury.

I think it won't work in the long run but i think they will look at Brown and Ndukwe at RT some. Richardson is better at LT than RT but they can get by if he has to finish a game if they only have 3 active T's on gameday. They can only keep so many guys who lack a second position versatility and that doesn't bode well for Ndukwe( i think he is a natural RG) and Richardson.

I also think there's a chance they have Harris pegged as the guy to groom at C for the future. Or maybe short term in the Wade smith spot as a backup to the 3 inside spots. Which would be Niswanger's spot if Weigmann starts. Weigmann and/or Lilja likely get cut if they don't start, also assuming the youngens in those spots show enough to let the vets go. Probably gonna have to rely and try and get another year out of Waters.

This OL competition is going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

I cannot imagine a scenario at this point in time that doesn't have Albert, Weigman and O'Callaghan as starters.

The only two jobs up for grabs, IMO, are right and left guard. Pioli stated in his pre-draft press conference that he like O'Callaghan at right tackle and thought he improved over the course of the season.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah, he was so good we drafted Asamoah. A lot of guys look great in Pre Season who don't make rosters.

Dude, Asamoah will be a left guard. He can play all three interior spots, including center.

Again, spending THREE draft picks in consecutive years on the right guard position would be MONUMENTALLY STUPID.

Way to avoid answering the question.

:rolleyes:

RustShack
05-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Ohs noes Pioli drafted a backup in the 5th round in a poor draft year with out his own scouting department! Fire him!

Come talk to me the day Brown becomes a starter.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Thats like saying we shouldn't draft Berry because we have Page and Morgan. We shouldn't draft Lewis because we have Berry. We shouldn't draft Arenas because we have Washington. We shouldn't draft Clausen because we have Cassel. Sippio looked great in PS too that doesn't mean anything. Everyone was on me all last year because I said Brown wasn't the RT of the future.. now look at how thats changed.

milkman
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Thats like saying we shouldn't draft Berry because we have Page and Morgan. We shouldn't draft Lewis because we have Berry. We shouldn't draft Arenas because we have Washington. We shouldn't draft Clausen because we have Cassel. Sippio looked great in PS too that doesn't mean anything. Everyone was on me all last year because I said Brown wasn't the RT of the future.. now look at how thats changed.

And no one is saying that Brown is the RT of the future now.

He showed great promise at guard.

Get it dumbfuck?

Guard.

RustShack
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM

Get it dumbfuck?

Guard.

You may have been missing my point dumbfuck. The point was last year everyone was arguing with me saying he was the RT of the future when I was saying he was a backup guard. Now they are trying to argue hes the RG of the future. Got it dumbfuck? Hes still a backup guard. We had shit infront of him last year, and he was our 5th string RG in training camp. Damn hes good.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Get it dumbfuck?

Guard.

It's pointless to argue with someone that has absolutely no clue.

While I may not be happy with many of Pioli's decisions, I can't imagine for even one second that he'd spend three draft picks on a fucking right guard, but ignore other areas of need.

It doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

milkman
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
You may have been missing my point dumb****. The point was last year everyone was arguing with me saying he was the RT of the future when I was saying he was a backup guard. Now they are trying to argue hes the RG of the future. Got it dumb****? Hes still a backup guard. We had shit infront of him last year, and he was our 5th string RG in training camp. Damn hes good.

And my point, dumbass, is that I said teh same damn thing you did, that he would never play a down at RT in the NFL.

But as a project RG, he showed potential, and you simply on't quit on that potential after one preseason,a nd the fact that he went on the IR with some mysterious injury that popped up after the last preseason game tells us that the coaches saw the same thing.

Got it dumbfuck?

RustShack
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
You might want to tell that to Pioli, not me dumbfuck. Aso is going to start at RG. I'm sorry they gave up on your precious project for someone better and more ready.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2010, 08:36 PM
You might want to tell that to Pioli, not me dumbfuck. Aso is going to start at RG. I'm sorry they gave up on your precious project for someone better and more ready.

Proof or shut the fuck up.

boogblaster
05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
You have to have back-ups .. it's nice if they can play more than one position ... as far as Brown, who knows maybe he's developing ....

RustShack
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Like I said, come talk to me when Browns our starting RG.

booger
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I cannot imagine a scenario at this point in time that doesn't have Albert, Weigman and O'Callaghan as starters.

I agree totally. Gretz's take on Rudy winning the C job is pretty out there to me. Maybe he's just pulling for the guy, who knows.

The only two jobs up for grabs, IMO, are right and left guard. Pioli stated in his pre-draft press conference that he like O'Callaghan at right tackle and thought he improved over the course of the season.

Tough PR to pull off cutting the NFL MOY but i could see trading waters if someone takes his spot. Like you said w/ Lilja's managable contract and no or limited signing bonus if his knees are shot or he flat out gets beat out of a spot no biggy.

ChiefGator
05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Tough PR to pull off cutting the NFL MOY but i could see trading waters if someone takes his spot. Like you said w/ Lilja's managable contract and no or limited signing bonus if his knees are shot or he flat out gets beat out of a spot no biggy.

No way.. from what I hear, once Pioli makes a decision he NEVER -- I repeat NEVER -- admits a mistake.

Lilja will apparently start for the next 20 years.

booger
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
No way.. from what I hear, once Pioli makes a decision he NEVER -- I repeat NEVER -- admits a mistake.

Lilja will apparently start for the next 20 years.

i think i can sense your sacasm. Maybe not.:)

The money spent on Lilja for competition purposes, if it pays off in developing or jumpstarting the career for one of the young bucks as a starter is money in the pocket of Clark Hunt in the short term losing no guaranteed money and saving on the guy who replaced him making 500k, give or take.

Plus a chance to bring to light the fact the best will start. And the plan of competition they strived for in the offseason worked out, atleast in this situation(if that's how it plays out) and it showed by having to cut a grizzled vet who started 2 SB's for the Colts. Win/Win for Pioli and co.

ChiefGator
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Sarcasm aside, I think Lilja will still end up starting, but we may finally have some promising young players to man the middle of our offensive line. We may still be missing the right tackle position though....

Only time will tell I guess...

booger
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Sarcasm aside, I think Lilja will still end up starting, but we may finally have some promising young players to man the middle of our offensive line. We may still be missing the right tackle position though....

Only time will tell I guess...

The only thing that scares me about Lilja is having 2 guys with him and Weigmann being 280 and 290 right next to eachother. The future looks brighter inside though, i agree. I think the same of the RT spots but Weis and his past even back to the jets has had the Jason Fabini types, Sam Young at ND, O'Callohan here. They seem to think they can make it work.

We will see.