PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Watching Chiefs-Broncos season finale

ChiefGator
05-06-2010, 02:58 PM
So, I decided to dust off my DirectTV and watch the recording of this game while I work out. Only made it through the first quarter so far, but this is a good game to watch for several reasons.

1) Dorsey looks good and gets the first sack from our DLineman all year

2) Cassel comes out sharp

3) I forgot about that crazy FB pass trick play, but even more I forgot about Cassel's hussle and solid tackle. How come that didn't endear Cassel to anyone? Kind of reminds me of Trent Green blocking for Holmes.

4) Weigmann is credited with alot of "head between the legs/knees action".

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 03:00 PM
It's worth watching again and again.... I loved that game :)

CaliforniaChief
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Ya know NFL.com never posted the official highlights with the radio calls from that game.

Crush
05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
JAMAAAAARRRRL CHARLES!!!

ChiefGator
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
It's worth watching again and again.... I loved that game :)

Yeah, that was a great game.

It has me raising Moreno in the AFC West RB ranking though. He did run strong there. He got sat on his butt several times by a surging KC defense (Woah! I haven't typed that in ALOT of years) but he also ran strong through arm tackles.

I'ld bump him up over Bush and maybe Sproles.. not totally sold on hiim.

This is a great way to make you want to work out each day as well.. :: chuckle ::

ChiefGator
05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
JAMAAAAARRRRL CHARLES!!!

Yep, that delay run in the first quarter is a thing of absolute beauty, cutting around and around until he was off to the races. Too bad he didn't see Goodman; he probably should have scored on that one.

Farzin
05-06-2010, 03:07 PM
So, I decided to dust off my DirectTV and watch the recording of this game while I work out. Only made it through the first quarter so far, but this is a good game to watch for several reasons.

Alex Magee and Wallace Gilberry had sacks before that game.

Saleenman607
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
The only thing I dis-liked about that game, was the play of Brandon Carr. Absolutely hideous cover corner. Seriously, for not missing any starts as a db, I have to wonder what he was thinking by not turning around on almost every play that was his way.....just..WOW.
Hopefully He'll get it together.

Great game to end the season with a bit of optimism tho.

beach tribe
05-06-2010, 03:21 PM
The only thing I dis-liked about that game, was the play of Brandon Carr. Absolutely hideous cover corner. Seriously, for not missing any starts as a db, I have to wonder what he was thinking by not turning around on almost every play that was his way.....just..WOW.
Hopefully He'll get it together.

Great game to end the season with a bit of optimism tho.

"Herm's a great talent evaluator":rolleyes:

Where did people ever get that shit?

Saleenman607
05-06-2010, 03:34 PM
"Herm's a great talent evaluator":rolleyes:

Where did people ever get that shit?

Isn't the DB's coach Emmett Thomas? I'd put that responsibility on the defensive backs coach. Carr's been pretty solid most of the year as far as I can remember.
Hopefully, it was just one (and only one) terrible game for him.
We shall see.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-06-2010, 03:34 PM
I think i have watched that game in its entirely 3 times already. I may never erase that game from the DVR.

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Emmitt Thomas wasn't our DB coach last year. We just hired him this offseason.

Saleenman607
05-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Emmitt Thomas wasn't our DB coach last year. We just hired him this offseason.

Sure you're right. Who was it?

Monty
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Isn't the DB's coach Emmett Thomas? I'd put that responsibility on the defensive backs coach. Carr's been pretty solid most of the year as far as I can remember.
Hopefully, it was just one (and only one) terrible game for him.
We shall see.

Thomas wasn't hired until after the season IIRC. I'd give Carr some time considering he has some real coaching now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Arenas in that position later in the year if Carr doesn't improve.

CaliforniaChief
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
BTW, if you want to watch this and any other game of significance in Chiefs history, you can go to kcchiefsgames.com and register an account. C-Mac does an AMAZING job with the site and I love to watch old games.

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Sure you're right. Who was it?

Clancy Pendergast was our DB coach and D-coord.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
It all went to hell in the 4th... KC was up 27-24 going into the fourth.

A 60 yd INT return and that 56 TD run by Charles, nice hole - two poor attempts at tackling him.

KC's defense couldn't cover Gaffney, but DJ turned up twice when he needed to make big plays. The 3 INTs by Orton are tough to take, but he was without Marshall and Royal, hell going into it he only had 9 on the year.

Denver's defense just fell apart.

Saleenman607
05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Nick Sirriani?

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
BTW, if you want to watch this and any other game of significance in Chiefs history, you can go to kcchiefsgames.com and register an account. C-Mac does an AMAZING job with the site and I love to watch old games.

It's an awesome site.

Saleenman607
05-06-2010, 03:47 PM
It's an awesome site.

I'll second that. Terrific.

BTW, Gaffney just torched Carr all day until Flowers came to the rescue.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Didn't Charles set some kind of record that day ????

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Didn't Charles set some kind of record that day ????

Nah. He's just a poor mans Darren Sproles.

Mama Hip Rockets
05-06-2010, 04:02 PM
JAMAAAAARRRRL CHARLES!!!
ROFL

ChiefGator
05-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Alex Magee and Wallace Gilberry had sacks before that game.

Yeah, you are right.. must have been from the starters on the line.

Reerun_KC
05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I think i have watched that game in its entirely 3 times already. I may never erase that game from the DVR.

Would love to have it....

ChiefGator
05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
KC's defense couldn't cover Gaffney, but DJ turned up twice when he needed to make big plays.

Yeah, no surprise we took two safeties and a cornerback in the draft. I was kind of happy to see Gaffney have a good day, being a Gator and all.

ModSocks
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
i've watched this game many times over again, mainly to watch specific players. And then my fucking DVR deleted it to make space....probably for one of my GF's stupid shows like "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or "Kendra's got a Baby"

ChiefGator
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
i've watched this game many times over again, mainly to watch specific players. And then my ****ing DVR deleted it to make space....probably for one of my GF's stupid shows like "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or "Kendra's got a Baby"

Ewww... damn. That's gotta hurt. What did you hit first, the DVR or the girlfriend?

ModSocks
05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Ewww... damn. That's gotta hurt. What did you hit first, the DVR or the girlfriend?

I freaked out a little bit, died inside and then erased all of her shit.....just cuz, ya know?

keg in kc
05-06-2010, 04:23 PM
i've watched this game many times over again, mainly to watch specific players. And then my ****ing DVR deleted it to make space....probably for one of my GF's stupid shows like "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or "Kendra's got a Baby"And people wonder why I don't get attached.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
A thing of beauty.

LaChapelle
05-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I still love picking my ears with those keys

Dante84
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Nick Sirriani?

Nope. He's our Offensive Quality Control coach. He's basically an Assistant QB coach.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Watching this game over I have to say Brandon Carr was all over his receivers, but he did not turn around in time. I still have hope for him. Crennel will fix that .

ChiefGator
05-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Watching this game over I have to say Brandon Carr was all over his receivers, but he did not turn around in time. I still have hope for him. Crennel will fix that .

Exactly what I saw the first time. He was in good coverage, and was often in position for a good tackle or an interception. It was just pulling his head around in time. Maybe he needs to work on reading the receiver.. I don't know. But I really hope he can figure it out. If he does, we are going to be getting close to a darn good back four.

Marcellus
05-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Exactly what I saw the first time. He was in good coverage, and was often in position for a good tackle or an interception. It was just pulling his head around in time. Maybe he needs to work on reading the receiver.. I don't know. But I really hope he can figure it out. If he does, we are going to be getting close to a darn good back four.

I just watched the game. He looked like Bartee. Luckily he didn't look like that all year so there is hope.

Fucking Gaffney had a career day. Another career day defensive performance if not for DJ. (if he played like that 33% of the time he would be a probowler).

BossChief
05-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Branden Albert kicked some serious ass in that game too.

Reerun_KC
05-06-2010, 10:32 PM
If Cassel plays as well this year as that game..

We are in for a great ride.

Hammock Parties
05-06-2010, 11:34 PM

Alex Magee and Wallace Gilberry would like to have a word with you.

http://i.imgur.com/05zhL.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174) http://i.imgur.com/pY5P8.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Chiefs=Champions
05-06-2010, 11:36 PM
and has 250+ rushing yards each game in support, plus 3 defensive turnovers.

fyp :)

Reerun_KC
05-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Just finished watching it again.. I cant help but be excited for the upcoming season....

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2010, 02:12 AM

13/24 207 yards and with one INT, fuck yeah SB baby

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-07-2010, 03:43 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how many times people can watch that game and not realize how atrocious the safety play from the Chiefs was.

While the game happened, Orton completed a long pass to Gaffney down to the five, and people were bitching out Carr like crazy. Meanwhile, all of the "haters" said, as it happened "watch people bitch Carr out for that play, when he was picked by Mike Brown".

Sure enough, it happened.

Way too many people on here just watch the football.

ChiefGator
05-07-2010, 05:27 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how many times people can watch that game and not realize how atrocious the safety play from the Chiefs was.

I almost think the FO drafted defense off of that game alone. We had obvious issues at safety foremost, and nicklebacker. We kept the run in check very well and had good play from our linebackers. (welcome back, DJ).

Watching that game it didn't seem like we needed a big nose tackle. Still could have used more pressure on the qb though.

ChiefGator
05-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Alex Magee and Wallace Gilberry would like to have a word with you.

repost

Yeah, you are right.. must have been from the starters on the line.

Marcellus
05-07-2010, 06:56 AM
13/24 207 yards and with one INT, **** yeah SB baby

Yea he was very inconsistant as hell. He started out real well and made a few great passes later in the game but he was throwing behind recievers a lot and threw what ammounted to basically a pick 6 as well. It was returned to the 1.

He needs to play better than that. I think he can as well.

Reerun_KC
05-07-2010, 07:04 AM

While the game happened, Orton completed a long pass to Gaffney down to the five, and people were bitching out Carr like crazy. Meanwhile, all of the "haters" said, as it happened "watch people bitch Carr out for that play, when he was picked by Mike Brown".

Sure enough, it happened.

Way too many people on here just watch the football.

Yeah alot of us arent self proclaimed fucking know it alls about football.. You self rightous miserable fucking bigot...

Excuse people for not bitching and fucking whining about every fucking little detail...

Saftety play sucked all fucking year, but it still doesnt take away from the excitement of that game and the fact that the Chiefs won...

Man I feel better... :D

Reerun_KC
05-07-2010, 07:05 AM
13/24 207 yards and with one INT, **** yeah SB baby

Wahooo!!! Get on the Train, there is plenty of room left on the bandwagon....

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Yeah alot of us arent self proclaimed ****ing know it alls about football.. You self rightous miserable ****ing bigot...

Excuse people for not bitching and ****ing whining about every ****ing little detail...

Saftety play sucked all ****ing year, but it still doesnt take away from the excitement of that game and the fact that the Chiefs won...

This !

Nero's Neptune
05-07-2010, 07:28 AM
I signed up on that sight that has the games... kcchiefsgames.com or whatever it is. Then went to watch some of that Broncos game (I've never seen it and wanted to check out Charles) but after the first 2 minutes where Denver punts the ball, the video craps out. I tried letting it buffer for hours, but it doesn't work.

Lonewolf Ed
05-07-2010, 07:30 AM
3) I forgot about that crazy FB pass trick play, but even more I forgot about Cassel's hussle and solid tackle. How come that didn't endear Cassel to anyone? Kind of reminds me of Trent Green blocking for Holmes.

That was endearing. Cassel made the tackle with authority, like he was pissed off. I liked that he cared and it showed he has some toughness. Cassel may end up sucking, but I'd rather have him suck and be like DeBerg or Green than Huard.

booyaf2
05-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Watching this game right now. The best part is how many times there is a break in action with the caption, "Denver can clinch a playoff spot if". How bout if they don't start 6-0 then shit the bed.

SenselessChiefsFan
05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
That was endearing. Cassel made the tackle with authority, like he was pissed off. I liked that he cared and it showed he has some toughness. Cassel may end up sucking, but I'd Grbac.

FYP.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah alot of us arent self proclaimed fucking know it alls about football.. You self rightous miserable fucking bigot...

Excuse people for not bitching and fucking whining about every fucking little detail...

Saftety play sucked all fucking year, but it still doesnt take away from the excitement of that game and the fact that the Chiefs won...

Look, you dumb fucking single prop jockey, it's not my fault you're too fucking stupid to understand that 95% of the action in a football game occurs away from the ball.

So how about instead of blaming Herm for everything and suckling the mist from Pioli's nuts, you make a fucking VFR flight plan right into AIDS mountain, you worthless cunt.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Watching this game right now. The best part is how many times there is a break in action with the caption, "Denver can clinch a playoff spot if". How bout if they don't start 6-0 then shit the bed.

Yes. That made me feel good too ! All the Broncos have to do is beat the lowly Chiefs and.......

-King-
05-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Look, you dumb fucking single prop jockey, it's not my fault you're too fucking stupid to understand that 95% of the action in a football game occurs away from the ball.

So how about instead of blaming Herm for everything and suckling the mist from Pioli's nuts, you make a fucking VFR flight plan right into AIDS mountain, you worthless cunt.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6508/upsidedown5vu20xr.gif
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j126/preki_14/Popcorn.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2010, 12:41 PM
fyp :)

:LOL:LMAO

I almost think the FO drafted defense off of that game alone. We had obvious issues at safety foremost, and nicklebacker. We kept the run in check very well and had good play from our linebackers. (welcome back, DJ).

Watching that game it didn't seem like we needed a big nose tackle. Still could have used more pressure on the qb though.

But..but..Brown was teh Haley's favorite playa!!!!!

Reerun_KC
05-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Look, you dumb ****ing single prop jockey, it's not my fault you're too ****ing stupid to understand that 95% of the action in a football game occurs away from the ball.

So how about instead of blaming Herm for everything and suckling the mist from Pioli's nuts, you make a ****ing VFR flight plan right into AIDS mountain, you worthless ****.

WOW So much fail in one single post, but was expecting fail in your shallow rebuttal... You didnt disappoint!

Sit down Jr and lets give you some lessons... Most if not all personal business jets have 2, yes 2, TURBINE engines on them. Now the difference between a Turbine and a Prop or TurboProp aircraft are easily identified by looking at the engines for a long pitched propeller looking thing in front of the engine. Just so you know that IS the difference between a TurboJet and a prop powered airplane.

Second, VFR flights are prohibitted about 17,999 feet.. Most business aircraft flying about this attitude for many reasons.... Fuel burn, speed restrictions and sequence for approach are a couple of those reasons...

Yes we all know your football knowledge is above contest in your opinion... But we dont give a **** about your opinion or the simple fact that 95% of football happens away from the ball during any given play.. Also we know that 95% of you is full of shit and you are nothing more than just an average fan who thinks he is the second coming of Bill Walsh because you sit behind the keyboard and tell us so.....

So take your aids infested keyboard and shove it and your "so called" ****ing football knowledge up your ass then go **** yourself with it...

BTW, Herm is gone, let go of the sac.......