PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink I'm the first ever customer at this restuarant

cdcox
05-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I noticed a new Indian (dnf) restuarant near campus a few days ago. I decided to give it a try tonight. Although a few others arrived before me, I was the first to pay since I got mine to go.

It smells good. I ordered Briaynee (sp?). The service is not nearly as fast as my Chinese joint.

Once I carry it back to my office and dig in, I'll provide a field report.

RJ
05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey, maybe they'll frame your dollar. You're like a CP celebrity now!

If you become a regular, maybe someday you can invite the Indian folks over for brisket.

Simply Red
05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Taliban Apricot Chicken, again? :evil:

Goldmember
05-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I noticed a new Indian (dnf) restuarant near campus a few days ago. I decided to give it a try tonight. Although a few others arrived before me, I was the first to pay since I got mine to go.

It smells good. I ordered Briaynee (sp?). The service is not nearly as fast as my Chinese joint.

Once I carry it back to my office and dig in, I'll provide a field report.

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode

cdcox
05-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Still waiting. They must be slaughtering the lamb.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Still waiting. They must be slaughtering the lamb.

Damn. 25 minutes and you're waiting on take out? That's already a bad endorsement AFAIC.

cdcox
05-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Damn. 25 minutes and you're waiting on take out? That's already a bad endorsement AFAIC.

They are more of a sit down place than take out. I certainly won't go the take
out route again without calling in advance. This better be good. I'm getting cranky.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
They are more of a sit down place than take out. I certainly won't go the take
out route again without calling in advance. This better be good. I'm getting cranky.

Yeah. I order thai food and those places aren't take out. I always get my food in 10 minutes, 15 tops. And that's only if they're busy busy.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Shit, I can MAKE butter chicken curry in 25 minutes.

Fairplay
05-06-2010, 05:31 PM
cdcox want food now!

cdcox
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Back at my office and eating now. Nothing to write home about. Not worth the wait or the extra $.

Dang. I love me some good biryani.

Johnny Vegas
05-06-2010, 05:34 PM
give them a verbal tip.

"never pet a burning dog. Thanks!"

Rain Man
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
that's a small sacrifice for a place in history. write your name on the dollar that will go on their wall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
that's a small sacrifice for a place in history. write your name on the dollar that will go on their wall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just make sure you misspell cox.

Rain Man
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
if you had planned ahead it would've been cool to pay them in rupees.
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Even my grab at history is flawed. They will be closed within a year, tops. Businesses come and go on the strip. Even Chili's couldn't make it work. An Indian restaurant across the strip (better in my opinion) closed about a year ago. This particular location is especially bad. The last place that used that space was a rib shack. I never once saw it open.

Chief Chief
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Even my grab at history is flawed. They will be closed within a year, tops. Businesses come and go on the strip. Even Chili's couldn't make it work. An Indian restaurant across the strip (better in my opinion) closed about a year ago. This particular location is especially bad. The last place that used that space was a rib shack. I never once saw it open.

You can become doubly famous by being both its first AND last to-go customer!

Buehler445
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
It's the first day. Might give them another shot before condemning them.

ClevelandBronco
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Now let's see if you become the first salmonella poisoning patient from that restaurant.

cdcox
05-06-2010, 05:59 PM
It's the first day. Might give them another shot before condemning them.

I have a great Chinese place that is right near it, extremely delicious, cheaper, and I'm in and out in 3 minutes (seriously). I feel guilty for even trying another place.

I did find a Thai place earlier this week that was pretty good. That one I might go back to every once in a while for a change of pace.

cdcox
05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Now let's see if you become the first salmonella poisoning patient from that restaurant.

That would make this thread epic.

Buehler445
05-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I have a great Chinese place that is right near it, extremely delicious, cheaper, and I'm in and out in 3 minutes (seriously). I feel guilty for even trying another place.

I did find a Thai place earlier this week that was pretty good. That one I might go back to every once in a while for a change of pace.

You need a Chipotle.

ChiefaRoo
05-06-2010, 06:46 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GtZzyvuGy8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GtZzyvuGy8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>