PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports UFC 113 - Machida vs Shogun TONIGHT!!!

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 12:53 PM
UFC 113: MAY 8, 2010
venue: Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Main Bouts (On Pay-Per-View): RESULTS
Mauricio Rua def. Lyoto Machida by TKO (Strikes) at 3:35, R1
http://i39.tinypic.com/vfldvp.jpg
Josh Koscheck def. Paul Daley by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27), R3
Jeremy Stephens def. Sam Stout by Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28), R3
Matt Mitrione def. Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson by TKO (Strikes) at 4:24, R2
Alan Belcher def. Patrick Cote by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:29, R2

Full results:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11452&zoneid=13
------------------------------

Bane
05-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Should be awesome.:rockon: I actually like both fighters so I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for.

TRR
05-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm definitely getting this as well. Machida vs Rua will be a great fight again, and I've always liked what Kimbo brings to the table.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Rool
05-08-2010, 02:19 PM
its gonna be a kick ass fight

OmegaRed
05-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I heard the winner of Koscheck/Daley will be the coach opposite GSP on TUF 12 in September.

Buck
05-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I heard the winner of Koscheck/Daley will be the coach opposite GSP on TUF 12 in September.

GSP is going to be a coach?

Fuck. That season is going to suck.

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I broke down and bought this. I was pretty sour on the whole deal after the display Silva put on.

At least, with Machida and Shogun, you know both guys are gonna fight their asses off.

SAUTO
05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
i hope shogun fights as well as he did last time and doesnt get fucked again.... and daley with the koscheck photoshop at the weigh in LOL anyone else see that????
Posted via Mobile Device

Sfeihc
05-08-2010, 06:09 PM
The Dragon will breathe FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iowanian
05-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Live stream?

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Live stream?

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=75952&part=sports

This worked for the Mayweather PPV. We'll see how it handles for UFC.

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Uh... Goldberg just called Kimbo an "MMA Legend"....lol

(I do hope he wins tonight though.)

Buck
05-08-2010, 08:15 PM
lol

Internet legend maybe.

Hope he wins.

Iowanian
05-08-2010, 08:16 PM
have you been able to get it to work? I haven't yet

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I got the Sopcast to work.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 08:27 PM
HOLY SHIT. PILEDRIVER

Buck
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I like Mitrione too, so if Kimbo loses I wont be mad, but Mitrione is like 30 lbs bigger.

mdstu
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
If you use Stream Torrent, this link is perfect for me.
I use this site during football season for all the Chiefs games as well.

http://www.rojadirecta.org/

Buck
05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Mitreone is going to win, even if Kimbo won the 1st.

Kimbo is way too tired.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 08:49 PM
The ref should stop this

Bwana
05-08-2010, 08:50 PM
LMAO......Slice is a complete joke.

Buck
05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
That was a pretty pathetic fight. Mitreone is good, but he needs to work on his Cardio.

Kimbo is nearly 40 and has bad legs.

58-4ever
05-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Kimbo is terrible. Matt has a long, long way to go to be a contender though too.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Mitrione has good instincts for a guy with only a year and a half worth of training.

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I actually felt a little sorry for Kimbo there. Obviously, the guy's just not cut out for this level of competition.

Man, those leg kicks just destroyed him.

Buck
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I actually felt a little sorry for Kimbo there. Obviously, the guy's just not cut out for this level of competition.

Man, those leg kicks just destroyed him.

What does that say about Houston Alexander?

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
What does that say about Houston Alexander?That he's even more one dimensional than Kimbo, I guess.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
They should've saved Kimbo for Toney.

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Lol... great line.

Like I tell my team mates and my students, "If he hits you and it hurts, you're still awake. Hit him back."

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Damn, Daley straight up called Koscheck a pussy.

I wasn't sure who to root for, but now I hope Kos beats the shit out of him.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Koscheck is such a heel

scorpio
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Koscheck is such a heel

He should form a stable with Lesnar and A. Silva

SPchief
05-08-2010, 10:05 PM
WOW

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Who's the pussy now?

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Damnit why didnt they replay the cheapshot?

I started watching Laker highlights because the fight was over.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I don't like Koscheck much, but taunting the crowd was awesome.

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Also, I dont give a shit whether or not he is a heel, I'm rooting for Koschek over GSP.

Good Job Anderson Silva.

You coulda fought GSP, but now you are gonna end up fighting some chump with a Johnny Cash tattoo.

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't like Koscheck much, but taunting the crowd was awesome.I like him. I also like BJ, and the Diaz brothers... who lots of people hate.

I didn't like the fact that he acted like that illegal knee landed though. I could understand if it was a desperate move, but he was already in control at that point.

In the end, Daley erased it with a cheap shot... and couldn't even hurt Koscheck with that.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 10:15 PM
TheSavageTruth (http://twitter.com/TheSavageTruth)
Kos just got a bath on the way out. Fans r not pleased. He was smiling the whole time beer and debris were flying his way. #1 heel for sure

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
TheSavageTruth (http://twitter.com/TheSavageTruth)
Kos just got a bath on the way out. Fans r not pleased. He was smiling the whole time beer and debris were flying his way. #1 heel for sure

Who's Twitter is that?

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Lol

TheSavageTruth RT @Shinetology: @TheSavageTruth Canadians boo kos for doing exactly what their beloved Gsp made his routine ... ding ding ding
17 minutes ago

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Lets Go piss drinker, show em what ya got

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Who's Twitter is that?

Greg Savage, a write for Sherdog.com

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
OMFG!!!!

SPchief
05-08-2010, 10:26 PM
WOW

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Good sportsmanship by Rua by stopping when it was clear Machida was KO'd.

keg in kc
05-08-2010, 10:29 PM
And so the story ends.

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
So who does Rua face?

I guess Rashad Evans if he beats Rampage or Rua Machida III if not.

TheGuardian
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
I'd prefer that Shogun face that douchebag Anderson Silva.

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd prefer that Shogun face that douchebag Anderson Silva.

I doubt they give Silva a title shot so soon.

Maybe if Rampage wins, they give him a shot????

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Dana said Rampage, Evans, Machida, and Rua were his top 4 LHW's and that he wants to wait and see who won the two fights before he thought about follow-ups. (said on MMA Live ESPN pre-ppv show).

There really isn't any other clear contender at this point unless he wants to throw Jon Jones into the deep water.

Buck
05-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Dana said Rampage, Evans, Machida, and Rua were his top 4 LHW's and that he wants to wait and see who won the two fights before he thought about follow-ups. (said on MMA Live ESPN pre-ppv show).

There really isn't any other clear contender at this point unless he wants to throw Jon Jones into the deep water.

Thanks for clearing that up man.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Shogun is only 28. How scary is that?

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Shogun is only 28. How scary is that?I was rooting for Machida, but that was impressive.

Now, I understand the hype behind "Shogun".

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Daley kicked out of the UFC, for the cheap shot after the fight.

Dana wouldn't have him back if he became the best PFP fighter in the world.

This post fight show on ESPN2 is great.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 11:25 PM
This post fight show on ESPN2 is great.
Agreed. About time ESPN got with the program and covered MMA seriously.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Also, Daley gets kicked out, but mum's the word on Nate Diaz.

I think it has something to do with Dana proclaiming that post-fight scuffles would never happen in the UFC, and then it happens on the next PPV.

KcMizzou
05-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Also, Daley gets kicked out, but mum's the word on Nate Diaz.

I think it has something to do with Dana proclaiming that post-fight scuffles would never happen in the UFC, and then it happens on the next PPV.Well, you have to make an example of him. The point is to make MMA a legitimate sport. That shit is completely unprofessional.

It hurts the reputation of the sport in general.

TrickyNicky
05-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm not going to defend it, but come on, its still about people fighting. How does it bastardize the sport? One guy lost his cool and threw a punch after the bell. It has happened in Boxing and K-1. Now if someone refuses to let go of a sub after the ref calls for it, a la Babalu or Palhares, that's when you need to take the hard line, because a higher chance of serious injury could occur.

Its not going to degrade the image of the sport that much, imo. I think a cut of his purse and a suspension would be enough, and if Koscheck feels like pressing charges, then let him.

KcMizzou
05-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm not going to defend it, but come on, its still about people fighting. How does it bastardize the sport? One guy lost his cool and threw a punch after the bell. It has happened in Boxing and K-1. Now if someone refuses to let go of a sub after the ref calls for it, a la Babalu or Palhares, that's when you need to take the hard line, because a higher chance of serious injury could occur.

Its not going to degrade the image of the sport that much, imo. I think a cut of his purse and a suspension would be enough, and if Koscheck feels like pressing charges, then let him.Kos admitted that he was talking trash in the last minute of the fight. But hey, Daley called him a pussy before the fight, and then went and got dominated.

Koscheck didn't seem to have much of a problem with the cheap shot... but Dana does, and for good reason.

He's trying to build up not only the UFC, but mixed martial arts as a legitimate sport. The old "human cock fighting" stigma is still out there.

When two guys have a war, and can congratulate each other after... that's what the sport is about. It's simple one on one competition.

What Daley did hurts the whole image of MMA. The general public already thinks it's all about thugs and douchebags.

KcMizzou
05-09-2010, 12:12 AM
In any case, that was a good card. Worth the money.

TrickyNicky
05-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Its usually always worth the money until I get the cable bill

KcMizzou
05-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Its usually always worth the money until I get the cable billAgreed. :)

CoMoChief
05-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Nice card overall.

I knew Machida would get his ass kicked...just didnt think it'd happen that fast.

Sadly(and I should've known better) I lost money on the Kimbo fight, but won some of that money back in the main event fight. As soon as Kimbo got chopped down from Mitrione's leg kicks, Kimbo seemed to just quit or he was just completely gassed and was in pain/didn't have anymore energy left. He had some good takedowns, but he's such a liability when he's on his back. Personally I would have let the fight go on longer, because Mitrione's pucnhes weren't connecting, but when it's at the point where you're doing absolutely nothing in fighting back and are just getting dominated, I can see why the ref stopped it.

Josh Coscheck is a bitch pussy, fucking faking an injury when he didn't get touched. What Daly did at the end will probably end his UFC career. Dana will cut his ass.

TheGuardian
05-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Nice card overall.

I knew Machida would get his ass kicked...just didnt think it'd happen that fast.

Sadly(and I should've known better) I lost money on the Kimbo fight, but won some of that money back in the main event fight. As soon as Kimbo got chopped down from Mitrione's leg kicks, Kimbo seemed to just quit or he was just completely gassed and was in pain/didn't have anymore energy left. He had some good takedowns, but he's such a liability when he's on his back. Personally I would have let the fight go on longer, because Mitrione's pucnhes weren't connecting, but when it's at the point where you're doing absolutely nothing in fighting back and are just getting dominated, I can see why the ref stopped it.

Josh Coscheck is a bitch pussy, ****ing faking an injury when he didn't get touched. What Daly did at the end will probably end his UFC career. Dana will cut his ass.

What Daly did was bush league, but I understand it. Koshcheck basically laid on top of Daly the entire time and was afraid to stand and exchange. When he was on top he did almost nothing. Daly left the ring without a mark on him. It was the textbook definition of lay n pray.

Jerm
05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Daley has already been cut and rightfully so.

Kimbo is following him right out the door if you believe Dana White.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 09:17 AM
IS mma a sport? I guess it depends on perspective and one's definition of 'sport.' I personally don't consider it a sport, but that's just me.

SAUTO
05-09-2010, 09:29 AM
IS mma a sport? I guess it depends on perspective and one's definition of 'sport.' I personally don't consider it a sport, but that's just me.

is boxing?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 09:31 AM
is boxing?
Posted via Mobile Device

not to me. I also don't consider nascar racing a sport. nor do I consider weight-lifting a sport. I'm pretty picky in what I'll consider a sport. that's just me, though. some people are much less picky.

pr_capone
05-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Koshcheck is a bitch. That knee BARELY grazed him and he flopped like a bitch. The US Soccer team was in attendance taking notes on how to flop.

It's MMA. Martial Arts. There is supposed to be honor and sportsmanship in a match. He turned it into WWE.

Bwana
05-09-2010, 09:58 AM

That's likely because you have never trained in martial arts. I think if you had, you would have a different perspective.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
That's likely because you have never trained in martial arts. I think if you had, you would have a different perspective.

I haven't trained in the martial arts, but I doubt that it makes that big a difference. I've driven a car pretty damned fast, but I don't consider nascar a sport (a lot of people do). I've lifted weights, but I don't consider THAT a sport (many people do). I've played table tennis before, but I don't consider that a sport.

it's an activity, a physical one at that. if we consider MMA a sport, do we have to consider wrestling (both olympic and/or fake television) a sport? I'd think you'd have to just to be genuine.

it all comes down to what you define sport as. is it anything that requires skill and/or athletic prowess? if so, you have to include almost anything. bowling? by that definition, sport. golf? by that definition, sport. weight-lifting? by that definition, sport. I could go on and on.

I try to make my definition of what is and isn't a sport a bit more exclusive than that. fishing isn't a sport. bowling isn't a sport. MMA isn't a sport. now, what some of these guys can do is VERY impressive. but they don't make my personal cut. that's the beauty of this, though, everybody is allowed to have their own opinion.

TheGuardian
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I haven't trained in the martial arts, but I doubt that it makes that big a difference. I've driven a car pretty damned fast, but I don't consider nascar a sport (a lot of people do). I've lifted weights, but I don't consider THAT a sport (many people do). I've played table tennis before, but I don't consider that a sport.

it's an activity, a physical one at that. if we consider MMA a sport, do we have to consider wrestling (both olympic and/or fake television) a sport? I'd think you'd have to just to be genuine.

it all comes down to what you define sport as. is it anything that requires skill and/or athletic prowess? if so, you have to include almost anything. bowling? by that definition, sport. golf? by that definition, sport. weight-lifting? by that definition, sport. I could go on and on.

I try to make my definition of what is and isn't a sport a bit more exclusive than that. fishing isn't a sport. bowling isn't a sport. MMA isn't a sport. now, what some of these guys can do is VERY impressive. but they don't make my personal cut. that's the beauty of this, though, everybody is allowed to have their own opinion.

You are stupid.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM
You are stupid.

quite the witty retort. impressive use of intellect, brah

pr_capone
05-09-2010, 10:23 AM

I can understand that.

How do you define a sport? What criteria must be met?

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 10:32 AM
I can understand that.

How do you define a sport? What criteria must be met?

it's funny, I never really sat down to consider the criteria that it takes to be a sport in my eyes... gimme a few minutes on that one (typing and thinking FTW!)

1) it has to be a competition and of a competitive nature
2) it has to be a competition between two or more disparate teams (minimum of two competitors per team on each team)
3) it has to employ some form of strategy and/or teamwork
4) there has to be some form of scoring (this is a natural progression to rules 2 and 3 if you think about it)
5) it doesn't hurt to be watchable.

so MMA fits all of the rules except rule two, I guess.

it kills singles tennis, singles bowling, singles table tennis, fishing, nascar (unless you count their pit crew as part of their team, I guess), weight-lifting, wrestling, fencing, boxing and many other 'sports.'

pr_capone
05-09-2010, 10:40 AM
it's funny, I never really sat down to consider the criteria that it takes to be a sport in my eyes... gimme a few minutes on that one (typing and thinking FTW!)

2) it has to be a competition between two or more disparate teams (minimum of two competitors per team on each team)
4) there has to be some form of scoring (this is a natural progression to rules 2 and 3 if you think about it)

it kills singles tennis, singles bowling, singles table tennis, fishing, nascar (unless you count their pit crew as part of their team, I guess), weight-lifting, wrestling, fencing, boxing and many other 'sports.'

There are MMA teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:MMA_Team_List

They just don't compete as a team in the Octagon.

Does that change your view at all on it?

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 10:48 AM
There are MMA teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:MMA_Team_List

They just don't compete as a team in the Octagon.

Does that change your view at all on it?

not really. there are teams for bowling, but they compete individually. there is no true teamwork necessary. thus, it doesn't satisfy rule 2.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 10:48 AM
but, hell. that's just me. y'all can do or think whatever you want to, really. my opinion is inconsequential.

pr_capone
05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
but, hell. that's just me. y'all can do or think whatever you want to, really. my opinion is inconsequential.

NO DAMMIT!

I must convert you to my way of thinking! :p

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 10:55 AM
NO DAMMIT!

I must convert you to my way of thinking! :p

aren't you supposed to go all 'the guardian' and say 'YOUR AN IDIOT!'? that would be MUCH more effective and intellectually impressive :)

pr_capone
05-09-2010, 10:58 AM
aren't you supposed to go all 'the guardian' and say 'YOUR AN IDIOT!'? that would be MUCH more effective and intellectually impressive :)

shut up!

ur st00pid

Buck
05-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Sorry Bird Flu, but you have a stupid definition of Sport.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Sorry Bird Flu, but you have a stupid definition of Sport.

wow, never thought I'd see buck going all 'the guardian.'

Buck
05-09-2010, 11:02 AM
wow, never thought I'd see buck going all 'the guardian.'

I'm not calling you stupid, just your definition.

Apparently, you don't think there is such a thing as an individual sport. Why do you think you hear the term "Team Sports" sometimes?

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm not calling you stupid, just your definition.

Apparently, you don't think there is such a thing as an individual sport. Why do you think you hear the term "Team Sports" sometimes?

one could also consider my definition of sport closely aligned with what I enjoy, though there are other ways of viewing it. it's not static, though.

baseball, football, hockey, basketball... all sports

soccer, rugby, lacrosse, cricket... I don't really enjoy them, but they're sports.

hell, tennis and table tennis could be a sport regardless of my thrown-together definition.

what do all of these have in common? they're mostly team-oriented sports that have a ball.

now, mma TAKES balls. but it does not have a ball within its construct. same with boxing.

fishing, bowling, car racing, none of these really take 'balls' (aside from going fast in a car, which could be debated I guess). I don't consider any of these sports.

then, there's the sports definition that considers whether it can be done whilst drunk/high. bowling, table tennis, boxing, mma, (baseball, if you believe dock ellis), etc.

I'm just picky I guess. it has nothing really to do with a set of rules when it really comes down to it. it has to do with perception, I guess. hell, dodgeball isn't considered a sport, yet it has a lot more in common with the 'sports' that are no doubt sports (even those in fringe sports consider them sports) than the other 'possibilities.'

Buck
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
one could also consider my definition of sport closely aligned with what I enjoy, though there are other ways of viewing it. it's not static, though.

baseball, football, hockey, basketball... all sports

soccer, rugby, lacrosse, cricket... I don't really enjoy them, but they're sports.

hell, tennis and table tennis could be a sport regardless of my thrown-together definition.

what do all of these have in common? they're mostly team-oriented sports that have a ball.

now, mma TAKES balls. but it does not have a ball within its construct. same with boxing.

fishing, bowling, car racing, none of these really take 'balls' (aside from going fast in a car, which could be debated I guess). I don't consider any of these sports.

then, there's the sports definition that considers whether it can be done whilst drunk/high. bowling, table tennis, boxing, mma, (baseball, if you believe dock ellis), etc.

I'm just picky I guess. it has nothing really to do with a set of rules when it really comes down to it. it has to do with perception, I guess. hell, dodgeball isn't considered a sport, yet it has a lot more in common with the 'sports' that are no doubt sports (even those in fringe sports consider them sports) than the other 'possibilities.'

So pretty much every event played at the olympics is not sports to you, just so you know.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:43 AM
So pretty much every event played at the olympics is not sports to you, just so you know.

for the most part. now, they may take talent. but that really doesn't do it for me. hell, it takes talent to win at jeopardy (which isn't a sport). it takes physical prowess to be a bodyguard, but that's not a sport.

I guess it comes down to two schools of thought to me. either everything is a sport, or very little things are considered sports.

Buck
05-09-2010, 11:58 AM
for the most part. now, they may take talent. but that really doesn't do it for me. hell, it takes talent to win at jeopardy (which isn't a sport). it takes physical prowess to be a bodyguard, but that's not a sport.

I guess it comes down to two schools of thought to me. either everything is a sport, or very little things are considered sports.

Listen, I'm a little pissed off right now because I got 2 hours of sleep last night because my brother is a dumbass (long story).

Anyways, sorry if I offended you anywhere here, I'll agree to disagree if you do.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Listen, I'm a little pissed off right now because I got 2 hours of sleep last night because my brother is a dumbass (long story).

Anyways, sorry if I offended you anywhere here, I'll agree to disagree if you do.

I wasn't offended at all. fuck, if you enjoy it, it shouldn't matter what somebody else classifies something as.

TheGuardian
05-09-2010, 12:32 PM

In MMA you have a team that trains you. You have a BJJ guy, a kick boxing guy, a boxing guy, a wrestling guy, a strength and conditioning guy, so forth and so on. It is up to your TEAM to get you ready. This is a HUGE part of what goes into a fighters preparation.

So MMA meets every criteria that you have. It's fairly to silly to say MMA is not a sport.

Is that more civilized for you?

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 04:42 PM
In MMA you have a team that trains you. You have a BJJ guy, a kick boxing guy, a boxing guy, a wrestling guy, a strength and conditioning guy, so forth and so on. It is up to your TEAM to get you ready. This is a HUGE part of what goes into a fighters preparation.

So MMA meets every criteria that you have. It's fairly to silly to say MMA is not a sport.

Is that more civilized for you?

do those guys compete along with you? do they take the hits you take? no, they do not. they don't go into the octagon along with you. doesn't sound like a team sport to me.

TheGuardian
05-09-2010, 07:08 PM
do those guys compete along with you? do they take the hits you take? no, they do not. they don't go into the octagon along with you. doesn't sound like a team sport to me.

Why does a team have to be that involved for it to be a sport? That's a fairly ridiculous stance.

KcMizzou
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
This all seems rather silly. Of course it's a sport... just like boxing.

In the end, it doesn't matter what you want to call it. It's a basic form of pure competition.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
is red rover a sport?

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Why does a team have to be that involved for it to be a sport? That's a fairly ridiculous stance.

it doesn't, really. it's just part of my archaic view on what is and isn't a sport. there really is no hard and fast rule, really. it's absolutely absurd, and I acknowledge it.

it comes down to the fact that, from a gut perspective, I don't consider certain activities to be sports. badminton, table tennis (though I was a decent tournament player when I was sixteen), bowling, nascar, boxing, mma and I'm sure quite a few others. I hold steady to the view that there aren't many true sports... baseball, hockey, football, baseball, and maybe lacrosse, cricket, and I'm sure more than a few more.

so yeah, it is a ridiculous stance. but if one weren't allowed to post if one had at least one ridiculous stance, this place would be desolate.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 07:19 PM
is red rover a sport?

some would say it is. freeze tag? it takes athletic prowess, nyuk nyuk nyuk.

TheGuardian
05-09-2010, 07:39 PM
it doesn't, really. it's just part of my archaic view on what is and isn't a sport. there really is no hard and fast rule, really. it's absolutely absurd, and I acknowledge it.

it comes down to the fact that, from a gut perspective, I don't consider certain activities to be sports. badminton, table tennis (though I was a decent tournament player when I was sixteen), bowling, nascar, boxing, mma and I'm sure quite a few others. I hold steady to the view that there aren't many true sports... baseball, hockey, football, baseball, and maybe lacrosse, cricket, and I'm sure more than a few more.

so yeah, it is a ridiculous stance. but if one weren't allowed to post if one had at least one ridiculous stance, this place would be desolate.

Fair enough. Just know that deep down, you are wrong. :thumb:

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Fair enough. Just know that deep down, you are wrong. :thumb:

tis a rather common theme around here, being wrong. I'm in good company.

ArrowheadHawk
05-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I just finished watching this card. Seeing Machida get knocked the fuck out was awesome. The only thing that would have made it more awesome would be if it was Rashad that had done it. Kimbo is a joke. He sells tickets but has very little skill. Daley is a bitch.

Pants
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
H5N1 is saying some incredibly retarded shit. That is all.

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 06:12 AM
not to me. I also don't consider nascar racing a sport. nor do I consider weight-lifting a sport. I'm pretty picky in what I'll consider a sport. that's just me, though. some people are much less picky.

how the hell is boxing not a sport, thats probably one of the worlds first sports.

Thats like saying, "in my opinion the moon doesnt exist, but thats just me though, some people are much less picky"

Fishpicker
05-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Ive watched MMA since '94 and I don't consider the UFC to be a true sport either. its more of a spectacle than a sport.

sports: boxing, K-1, wrestling, judo, jujitsu, karate & TKD, Sumo, Muay Thai, ADCC

spectacles: pro-wrestling, Pancrase & Shoot Fighting, UFC, WVC Vale Tudo,

In between: PrideFC, Rings

ArrowheadHawk
05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Ive watched MMA since '94 and I don't consider the UFC to be a true sport either. its more of a spectacle than a sport.

sports: boxing, K-1, wrestling, judo, jujitsu, karate & TKD, Sumo, Muay Thai, ADCC

In between: PrideFC, Ringshttp://www.captaingrooviss.co.uk/images/Mstupid_boy.jpg

Pants
05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
how the hell is boxing not a sport, thats probably one of the worlds first sports.

Thats like saying, "in my opinion the moon doesnt exist, but thats just me though, some people are much less picky"

ROFL

Well said.

Sfeihc
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
The Dragon will breathe FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......I guess if you drink to much piss you can't breathe fire! Oops! First thing I hear when I get to my buddies house to watch the fights is how Machida is a piss drinker. Great. From then on I knew it was going to be a long night.:)

SAUTO
05-10-2010, 10:57 AM

at least birdflu came up with a detailed reason and was consistent.

you sir, have done neither

kcxiv
05-10-2010, 11:17 AM
people study fighting techniques to keep in shape if you do that, its a sport.

Pants
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
people study fighting techniques to keep in shape if you do that, its a sport.

If you compete in an event, it's a sport. Period. I don't care what it is or how it's done. Beer pong is sport (it's not sanctioned or recognized by any association or federation that I know of, but it's still a sport), playing cards is a sport (unless you do it by yourself), pool is a sport, etc.

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
If you compete in an event, it's a sport. Period. I don't care what it is or how it's done. Beer pong is sport (it's not sanctioned or recognized by any association or federation that I know of, but it's still a sport), playing cards is a sport (unless you do it by yourself), pool is a sport, etc.

and that's exactly my problem. I can't call 'go fish' a fucking sport. that's waaaaay too broad a definition of sports. fuck, connect four is a sport according to you and that definition. where exactly we draw the line, I'm not sure. but by all classical definitions, there are either way too many (almost infinite, you can consider almost anything a competitive event) sports or way too few...

one day I'll sit down and come up with an air-tight, definitive definition of what a sport is. as it is, I have a loose set of standards that are, honestly, a bit obtuse in certain areas (my personal bias, to which I'll offer apologies if it REALLY hurts your feelings). anyway, I'm surprised this subject has as many legs as it has had.

Pants
05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
and that's exactly my problem. I can't call 'go fish' a ****ing sport. that's waaaaay too broad a definition of sports. ****, connect four is a sport according to you and that definition. where exactly we draw the line, I'm not sure. but by all classical definitions, there are either way too many (almost infinite, you can consider almost anything a competitive event) sports or way too few...

one day I'll sit down and come up with an air-tight, definitive definition of what a sport is. as it is, I have a loose set of standards that are, honestly, a bit obtuse in certain areas (my personal bias, to which I'll offer apologies if it REALLY hurts your feelings). anyway, I'm surprised this subject has as many legs as it has had.

First of all, I have no idea how you can be surprised about the legs this subject has had because the definition of sport has been argued by pretty much everyone ad nauseam, and yours is pretty much the most retarded I have ever heard. Yes, there can be physical sports and mind sports no matter how mind-blowing that might seem to you. If it takes skill and is a competition, it's a sport. There can be no simpler definition than that. You can break that down into a million different subcategories but the original definition stands. In my opinion.

raybec 4
05-10-2010, 12:55 PM

What in the blue fuck are you talking about?

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 01:00 PM
First of all, I have no idea how you can be surprised about the legs this subject has had because the definition of sport has been argued by pretty much everyone ad nauseam, and yours is pretty much the most retarded I have ever heard. Yes, there can be physical sports and mind sports no matter how mind-blowing that might seem to you. If it takes skill and is a competition, it's a sport. There can be no simpler definition than that. You can break that down into a million different subcategories but the original definition stands. In my opinion.

let me get this straight, beaker. so go-fish is a sport? battleshits? kick the can? are all of these sports?

yeah, I'm the one who has the retarded view on sports.

:spock:

Pants
05-10-2010, 01:06 PM
let me get this straight, beaker. so go-fish is a sport? battleshits? kick the can? are all of these sports?

yeah, I'm the one who has the retarded view on sports.

:spock:

If it takes skill and is a competition, than the answer to your question is yes. And yes, you're the one that has the retarded view on sports. Saying that boxing or MMA is not a sport is infinitely more retarded than saying playing poker is a sport.

There are physical sports (judged and not judged), team sports, individual sports, mind sports (chess, cards, etc) and there are motosports, equestrian sports, etc. The term "sport" is very broad and applies to many things which can be broken down into categories and sub-categories, but the common denominator is always "competition and skill".

TrickyNicky
05-10-2010, 01:53 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/azR_NgvPnAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/azR_NgvPnAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
and that's exactly my problem. I can't call 'go fish' a ****ing sport. that's waaaaay too broad a definition of sports. ****, connect four is a sport according to you and that definition. where exactly we draw the line, I'm not sure. but by all classical definitions, there are either way too many (almost infinite, you can consider almost anything a competitive event) sports or way too few...

tahts the problem, the word sport was around wayyy before you existed

But here you are, 2010, redefining the word. No president, nor king, or any institution for that matter, can redefine what it means. Its done. We're not going to wait around for you to give us your air tight definition because it'd be worthless.

You tell us boxing isnt a sport because its 2 individuals, not 2 teams. But the definition of sport never says it requires 2 people on 1 side, thats YOUR definition, and it would be incorrect.

Theres opinions and theres facts. Like Ive said before, your analogy is similiar to this, "I dont think the moon exists, but tahts just me"

ArrowheadHawk
05-10-2010, 02:29 PM
So H5N1, is tennis a sport?

Pants
05-10-2010, 02:31 PM
So H5N1, is tennis a sport?

Only if it's pairs.

:facepalm:

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
tahts the problem, the word sport was around wayyy before you existed

But here you are, 2010, redefining the word. No president, nor king, or any institution for that matter, can redefine what it means. Its done. We're not going to wait around for you to give us your air tight definition because it'd be worthless.

You tell us boxing isnt a sport because its 2 individuals, not 2 teams. But the definition of sport never says it requires 2 people on 1 side, thats YOUR definition, and it would be incorrect.

Theres opinions and theres facts. Like Ive said before, your analogy is similiar to this, "I dont think the moon exists, but tahts just me"

I'll clarify this for the umpteenth time. I have an issue with the fact that the word 'sport' is apparently all-inclusive. competitive eating is, according to the classical definition, a sport. you could make opening doors a sport. literally EVERYTHING could be considered a sport. apparently, I'm the only person who has an issue with this. that doesn't bother me.

I don't have an axe to grind as to whether something is a sport or not, it's just a personal opinion. if that bothers you, too fucking bad. opinions are like assholes--everybody has them, and they all stink. regardless of what an opinion of mine may or may not be, it doesn't affect your life one way or the other. if you want to live in a world where competitive spray tanning is a sport, fine by me. but that's not one I choose to live in.

I can live with the fact that y'all consider MMA to be a sport. that's fine by me. tennis has a much stronger case as a sport than playing poker, but some here consider texas hold'em to be a sport. I don't. whatever, doesn't really matter. my issue is with the DEFINITION of sport. WAAAAAY too open ended.

alright, mini-rant over. the main issue I have with your post? I can see evidence of the moon. I can see the tides rolling in and out. I can see it eclipsed every once in a while during the night. I can see it wax and wane. I can actually watch film where it was landed on when my pops was a kid.

I've never once seen a texas hold em' player as a sports star. you know how they call high-schoolers '4-sports stars?' baseball, basketball, track, gymnastics, etc... you never hear them add competitive eating. you never hear them add hopscotch, poker, or any of the plethora of other 'sports' that some are willing to call sports (that is, if you accept the classical definition).

and that's the heart of the issue. the definition. want to stand behind it? then be prepared for ESPN VEINTE! competitive kick the can! either everything is a sport, or almost nothing is a sport.

raybec 4
05-10-2010, 02:52 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/azR_NgvPnAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/azR_NgvPnAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol
what makes it even funnier is he promptly got choked out after all of his bullshit

Pants
05-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll clarify this for the umpteenth time. I have an issue with the fact that the word 'sport' is apparently all-inclusive. competitive eating is, according to the classical definition, a sport. you could make opening doors a sport. literally EVERYTHING could be considered a sport. apparently, I'm the only person who has an issue with this. that doesn't bother me.

I don't have an axe to grind as to whether something is a sport or not, it's just a personal opinion. if that bothers you, too ****ing bad. opinions are like assholes--everybody has them, and they all stink. regardless of what an opinion of mine may or may not be, it doesn't affect your life one way or the other. if you want to live in a world where competitive spray tanning is a sport, fine by me. but that's not one I choose to live in.

I can live with the fact that y'all consider MMA to be a sport. that's fine by me. tennis has a much stronger case as a sport than playing poker, but some here consider texas hold'em to be a sport. I don't. whatever, doesn't really matter. my issue is with the DEFINITION of sport. WAAAAAY too open ended.

alright, mini-rant over. the main issue I have with your post? I can see evidence of the moon. I can see the tides rolling in and out. I can see it eclipsed every once in a while during the night. I can see it wax and wane. I can actually watch film where it was landed on when my pops was a kid.

I've never once seen a texas hold em' player as a sports star. you know how they call high-schoolers '4-sports stars?' baseball, basketball, track, gymnastics, etc... you never hear them add competitive eating. you never hear them add hopscotch, poker, or any of the plethora of other 'sports' that some are willing to call sports (that is, if you accept the classical definition).

and that's the heart of the issue. the definition. want to stand behind it? then be prepared for ESPN VEINTE! competitive kick the can! either everything is a sport, or almost nothing is a sport.

Stopped reading your drivel at paragraph one: does opening doors or eating require skill?

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Stopped reading your drivel at paragraph one: does opening doors or eating require skill?

ask people who have no arms or short/stubby arms if it requires skill.

it can be as to who opens them faster. to open faster would require more fast-twitch muscle fibers. better stance. better stamina. better fundamentals.

you could literally make anything a sport, make no bones about it.

Pants
05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
ask people who have no arms or short/stubby arms if it requires skill.

it can be as to who opens them faster. to open faster would require more fast-twitch muscle fibers. better stance. better stamina. better fundamentals.

you could literally make anything a sport, make no bones about it.

Then opening doors is a sport. I don't understand where your hang up is? Don't worry, "Opening Doors" won't ever become a popular sport and it won't take away TV time from things that people actually care about. Nobody is going to care about that sport.

I see where you can go by saying that anyone can open/close a door. Well, anyone can throw a baseball too. It's HOW WELL you do it (i.e. skill) in a game (i.e. competition) that makes it a sport. It's not different than opening or closing doors down at its roots. Sure it takes more TALENT to be the best pitcher in the world than the best door opener/closer but that is irrelevant.

MOhillbilly
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
fighting and racing are sports. Everything else is a game.

ive said this for years.

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
fighting and racing are sports. Everything else is a game.

ive said this for years.

I can buy this, it's pretty much the most succinct and best differentiation of what could and couldn't be a sport. rep. :clap:

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Then opening doors is a sport. I don't understand where your hang up is? Don't worry, "Opening Doors" won't ever become a popular sport and it won't take away TV time from things that people actually care about. Nobody is going to care about that sport.

I see where you can go by saying that anyone can open/close a door. Well, anyone can throw a baseball too. It's HOW WELL you do it (i.e. skill) in a game (i.e. competition) that makes it a sport. It's not different than opening or closing doors down at its roots. Sure it takes more TALENT to be the best pitcher in the world than the best door opener/closer but that is irrelevant.

mohillbilly ended the conversation. by differentiating between game and sport, you take out the grey area of 'EVERYTHING IS A SPORT' that I have an issue with.

jesus, why did that take so long?

suds79
05-10-2010, 03:17 PM
The ole is this a sport debate. Wow that's refreshing and new. :shake:

If someone isn't a UFC fan and doesn't call it a sport, that's fine. They're allowed to do whatever. Are we really going to argue with those in the minority?

UFC & MMA is huge, growing everyday and wildly popular. Like it or not it's hear to stay.

Pants
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
mohillbilly ended the conversation. by differentiating between game and sport, you take out the grey area of 'EVERYTHING IS A SPORT' that I have an issue with.

jesus, why did that take so long?

LMAO

Oh OK, so you agree that boxing is a sport now? You also came to the conclusion that football, baseball, soccer, etc are not sport?

What are swimming, gymnastics, weightlifting, etc?

MOhillbilly
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
LMAO

Oh OK, so you agree that boxing is a sport now? You also came to the conclusion that football, baseball, soccer, etc are not sport?

What are swimming, gymnastics, weightlifting, etc?

Athletics.

Pants
05-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Athletics.

Athletics just defines the physicality of the sport, IMO. Or the basis of the competition in other words.

MOhillbilly
05-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Athletics just defines the physicality of the sport, IMO. Or the basis of the competition in other words.

If swimmers ahd to fight it out then swim id call it a sport. other than that it just a bunch of athletes vs. a clock.

Pants
05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
If swimmers ahd to fight it out then swim id call it a sport. other than that it just a bunch of athletes vs. a clock.

Not vs the clock, though. The clock is there to measure which one is the fastest among the swimmers. They compete against each other.

CoMoChief
05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
This argument is fucking stupid.

A sport is An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

Women's sports, NASCAR and poker do no apply.

CoMoChief
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM

HAHAHA really?

SAUTO
05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
thank god mo jumped in with some sense.:D

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 05:45 PM

I don't have an axe to grind as to whether something is a sport or not, it's just a personal opinion. if that bothers you, too ****ing bad. opinions are like assholes--everybody has them, and they all stink. regardless of what an opinion of mine may or may not be, it doesn't affect your life one way or the other. if you want to live in a world where competitive spray tanning is a sport, fine by me. but that's not one I choose to live in.

I dont really care what your definition of the sport is, because thats your own opinion, and going against the actual definition that was there before you.

But when you tell us boxing isnt a sport because its only 1vs1 rather than 2 vs 2 then youre WRONG. I could post the definition of the word sport, and state that in no where that it MUST be a team vs team rather indvidual vs individual, but then youd go off on another tangent.

By all definition boxing is a sport. Your only argument is that you have redefined what the definition is on your own terms, and no one elses.

pr_capone
05-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I dont really care what your definition of the sport is, because thats your own opinion, and going against the actual definition that was there before you.

But when you tell us boxing isnt a sport because its only 1vs1 rather than 2 vs 2 then youre WRONG. I could post the definition of the word sport, and state that in no where that it MUST be a team vs team rather indvidual vs individual, but then youd go off on another tangent.

By all definition boxing is a sport. Your only argument is that you have redefined what the definition is on your own terms, and no one elses.

Why does it bother you so much that he does not think of boxing and MMA as a sport?

Is the only hurdle keeping us from world peace the fact that Bird Flu has a strange definition of the word sports?

If not, then drop it and let him think what he wants to think.

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Why does it bother you so much that he does not think of boxing and MMA as a sport?

Is the only hurdle keeping us from world peace the fact that Bird Flu has a strange definition of the word sports?

crazy, huh? people have different opinions. fucking weird.

pr_capone
05-10-2010, 06:13 PM
crazy, huh? people have different opinions. ****ing weird.

Don't misunderstand me.... you are 100% wrong here. Just don't understand why it bothers people so much.

:D

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Don't misunderstand me.... you are 100% wrong here. Just don't understand why it bothers people so much.

:D

eh, wouldn't be the first time that I'm wrong. won't be the last either. :D

Pants
05-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Someone wanted an argument. Someone got an argument. It's pretty simple, really.

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 06:34 PM

cuz im a big boxing fan, also currently an amateur boxer.

And someone is trying to tell me my sport is no longer a sport? Im trying to argue that it is, and I think Ive proven so. Opinions can be wrong, and Im calling him out on it. For example, someone telling is the world is flat, would be an opinion, or fact?

And why do you care if I care, at least Im standing by my SPORT

pr_capone
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM

And someone is trying to tell me my sport is no longer a sport? Im trying to argue that it is, and I think Ive proven so. Opinions can be wrong, and Im calling him out on it. By someone telling is the world is flat an opinion, or fact?

Why do you care that I care that you care?

You are taking this too seriously. It's just the opinion of some random and anonymous guy on the internet. Butch up. If you are gonna get your feelings hurt this easily then you will never make it as a boxer. Crumble into tears because someone talked shit to you before a bout.

Then again... the internet is serious business

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Why do you care that I care that you care?

You are taking this too seriously. It's just the opinion of some random and anonymous guy on the internet. Butch up. If you are gonna get your feelings hurt this easily then you will never make it as a boxer.

Then again... the internet is serious business

haha, is that speaking from experience champ? and who said I was taking it seriously. Im simply replying after each reply, didnt know that people can get emotional over it.

For you to question me as to why im taking it seriously must mean you take this board very seriously.

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 06:47 PM

And someone is trying to tell me my sport is no longer a sport? Im trying to argue that it is, and I think Ive proven so. Opinions can be wrong, and Im calling him out on it. For example, someone telling is the world is flat, would be an opinion, or fact?

OH NO! A BIG SCARY POSTER ON AN INTERNET BOARD DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME!!!! WAAAAAH! WAAAAAAH!

there's a guy on here that has argued that the heliocentric model of planet revolution is incorrect. yeah, seriously. this? small potatoes.

at one point, flat-earth was an accepted fact. it isn't any longer. the legitimacy of any sport comes from popular opinion, if we're being honest with ourselves. there are hardcore dodgeball enthusiasts that consider it a sport, while the rest of us consider it a game. the difference between sport and game is, by and large in the world we live in today, a matter of how much money it brings in. MMA is huge these days, bigger than boxing (jesus, boxing is in shambles these days). to many people, it is a sport. I've given it quite a few chances, and I just haven't gotten into it (keep in mind, I have a severely limited amount of time for sports these days between school full-time and work full-time). those who enjoy it consider it a sport. my bias is quite evident, and I'm out front with it. in the end, does it really fucking matter what some asshole from an internet message board believes about a minor topic like this?

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 06:50 PM
OH NO! A BIG SCARY POSTER ON AN INTERNET BOARD DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME!!!! WAAAAAH! WAAAAAAH!

there's a guy on here that has argued that the heliocentric model of planet revolution is incorrect. yeah, seriously. this? small potatoes.

at one point, flat-earth was an accepted fact. it isn't any longer. the legitimacy of any sport comes from popular opinion, if we're being honest with ourselves. there are hardcore dodgeball enthusiasts that consider it a sport, while the rest of us consider it a game. the difference between sport and game is, by and large in the world we live in today, a matter of how much money it brings in. MMA is huge these days, bigger than boxing (jesus, boxing is in shambles these days). to many people, it is a sport. I've given it quite a few chances, and I just haven't gotten into it (keep in mind, I have a severely limited amount of time for sports these days between school full-time and work full-time). those who enjoy it consider it a sport. my bias is quite evident, and I'm out front with it. in the end, does it really ****ing matter what some asshole from an internet message board believes about a minor topic like this?

i didnt read that mess you just posted, just the first sentence.

and of course I dont agree with you. Boxing is a sport. You havent been able to argue otherwise, other than, "its my opinion..."

again, the world is flat is also your opinion. and maybe someday youll figure out that its not. And maybe 100 years into the future theyll also discover some how that boxing is not a sport and you are actually right, just as they discovered that the world was actually round

KcMizzou
05-10-2010, 06:54 PM
I really wish this thread was about was about the fights.

No offense, H5N1, but all you've done is troll the thread.

It's like popping into a thread discussing rap/ hip hop and going, "Hey guys... that's not music." It doesn't add anything to the conversation. It's just being annoying for the sake of being annoying.

I couldn't care less what you think is, or isn't a sport. It's more about hijacking a thread on a topic that lots of people are, in fact, interested in.

I aint mad atcha... I'm just sayin'.

pr_capone
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
haha, is that speaking from experience champ? and who said I was taking it seriously. Im simply replying after each reply, didnt know that people can get emotional over it.

LMFAO

I changed my mind. I agree with you H5N1!

Boxing is as much of a sport nowadays as Curling. Outside of perhaps 5 fighters, most matches you see anymore are two guys gassed out by the 5th round of a 12 round fight. Round 3 if they are Heavyweights.

Pac Man is a beast though.

Simply replying... right? No, its not personal at all!

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
i didnt read that mess you just posted, just the first sentence.

and of course I dont agree with you. Boxing is a sport. You havent been able to argue otherwise, other than, "its my opinion..."

again, the world is flat is also your opinion. and maybe someday youll figure out that its not. And maybe 100 years into the future theyll also discover some how that boxing is not a sport and you are actually right, just as they discovered that the world was actually round

wait, thought you didn't read the post other than the first sentence? if you didn't, how do you know what I said?

are you illiterate? I mean, you're really not helping your cause; dumb amateur boxer that can't even read a few sentences that have been strung together? you haven't exactly brought together any cogent thought process aside from 'ITS A SPORT NYAH NYAH NYAH FLAT EARTH DEFENDING MY SPORT DEE DEE DEE' MAYBE IF THEY GO INTO THE FUTURE THEY CAN RECOVER THE BRAIN I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FROM MY HEAD! OH NO!

alright, so I'll help you out since you can't read anything except a first sentence (this is a last: there's little chance you get to it anyway): you're a fucking asshat.

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I really wish this thread was about was about the fights.

No offense, H5N1, but all you've done is troll the thread.

It's like popping into a thread discussing rap/ hip hop and going, "Hey guys... that's not music." It doesn't add anything to the conversation. It's just being annoying for the sake of being annoying.

I couldn't care less what you think is, or isn't a sport. It's more about hijacking a thread on a topic that lots of people are, in fact, interested in.

I aint mad atcha... I'm just sayin'.

oh, I fully acknowledge it (though that honestly wasn't my intention).

in all seriousness, why isn't there an MMA mega thread? it's big enough these days to carry its own thread like the yearly royals, cardinals, soccer and wrestling threads.

do it, man. fuck, I'll stay the hell away from it if it helps things.

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 06:59 PM
wait, thought you didn't read the post other than the first sentence? if you didn't, how do you know what I said?

are you illiterate? I mean, you're really not helping your cause; dumb amateur boxer that can't even read a few sentences that have been strung together? you haven't exactly brought together any cogent thought process aside from 'ITS A SPORT NYAH NYAH NYAH FLAT EARTH DEFENDING MY SPORT DEE DEE DEE' MAYBE IF THEY GO INTO THE FUTURE THEY CAN RECOVER THE BRAIN I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FROM MY HEAD! OH NO!

alright, so I'll help you out since you can't read anything except a first sentence (this is a last: there's little chance you get to it anyway): you're a ****ing asshat.

haha, you mad??

i box, but im also a systems admin for the DOD. just because you dont know what the definition of a sport is doesnt mean you have to get all dick hurt about it. People were trying to tell me i take this seriously, haha

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 07:01 PM
haha, you mad??

i box, but im also a systems admin for the DOD. just because you dont know what the definition of a sport is doesnt mean you have to get all dick hurt about it. People were trying to tell me i take this seriously, haha

I'm not mad at all. I'm pushing buttons. you admitted to not reading past a certain point, just figured I'd push the buttons a bit further. all kidding aside, this is quite entertaining--I've got a smile on my face right now, don't take things too seriously.

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm not mad at all. I'm pushing buttons. you admitted to not reading past a certain point, just figured I'd push the buttons a bit further. all kidding aside, this is quite entertaining--I've got a smile on my face right now, don't take things too seriously.

yeah, pushing buttons, haha. One day I will push buttons on an internet forum, and maybe people will like me and give me rep too! Seems like you gots yours pushed, " "nyah nyah scary internet poster guy" haha. stop being so emotional angry buttons guy.

Ebolapox
05-10-2010, 07:10 PM
yeah, pushing buttons, haha. One day I will push buttons on an internet forum, and maybe people will like me and give me rep too! Seems like you gots yours pushed, " "nyah nyah scary internet poster guy" haha. stop being so emotional angry buttons guy.

caps lock does not = emotion or anger. you'll know it when it's anger, now it's mere entertainment.

XXXshogunXXX
05-10-2010, 07:13 PM
caps lock does not = emotion or anger. you'll know it when it's anger, now it's mere entertainment.

haha, did i say it was? it was more of you typing "nya nyah" and calling me names.

and since you were "trolling" (how convenient of you), is boxing a sport?

cuz if you were trolling, i think it means you werent being honest in all of your posts and hiding truths

if boxing isnt a sport, you werent trolling

if boxing is a sport, then you were trolling.

lets hear it self proclaimed button pusher!