PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Darnell Dockett rips Chiefs on Twitter..

The Bad Guy
05-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I just had a dream I got traded to KC chiefs for a 1st rd draft pick, and intstanly woke up MAD AS HELL! Some one please tell me its not TRU

Here's what I sent him back.

Well you'd fit right in. They can't stop the run and you can't really either.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Excellent reply !

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 02:21 PM
What a dickbag. Now what happens if that ever went down? It must have been a dream anyway, no one would trade a 1st to get him.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
well done Bad Guy, well done!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Or you could have said "Well the 1st round draf pick part should have instantly made you realize you were dreaming"

CrazyPhuD
05-08-2010, 02:24 PM
You should have responded... Wait they traded a 1st round pick to the chiefs to get them take you?

Chiefs Rool
05-08-2010, 02:25 PM
screw him!

I can't wait until Nov 21, hopefully this will piss off Brandon Albert and Brian Waters enough for a few cheap ass denver bronco cut blocks on his ass.

The Bad Guy
05-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Dockett is excellent at collapsing the pocket, but he's terrible in run support. I don't want them to cut him, I want them the run right at him all game long.

We'll see how great his team is now that the savior has retired. That offense bailed out that shit defense all the time.

andrewcam
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
this is what i sent him......@ddockett not as mad as the many hispanics waking up in arizona i bet

Rain Man
05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Someone ask him if the reason he'd be mad is that he wouldn't be a starter any more.

Sure-Oz
05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
wow what a douche

LaChapelle
05-08-2010, 02:45 PM
KnowMo has a new twitter buddy

Bane
05-08-2010, 02:46 PM
KnowMo has a new twitter buddy

Reach arounds galore!!!

Big Chief Homer
05-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I told him not to worry It wasnt true, no one would ever give up a 1st rounder for him.

Priest31kc
05-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Heres what i Said to him: I just had a dream that I got to meet an NFL player, but it had to be some nobody named Darnell Dockett, safe to say I was PISSED.

What a fucktard.

Big Chief Homer
05-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Check out his twitter now hes back tracking.Kc 2 country for him.

what a douche

Sure-Oz
05-08-2010, 03:23 PM
dirt roads and country=kc? lol

Sure-Oz
05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
And Todd hailey and I are very cool. So no disrespect to the chiefs but I don't do country towns and dirt roads #Imjustsaying

my response

@ddockett Dirt Roads and Country=KC? You're an idiot #justsayin

Red Brooklyn
05-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm proud of ChiefsPlanet. Good work team. Burn that fucker.

Baby Lee
05-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Check out his twitter now hes back tracking.Kc 2 country for him.

what a douche

We ain't the hick asses braggin' about scoring sweet Tabasco Slim Jims.

Big Chief Homer
05-08-2010, 03:29 PM
We ain't the hick asses braggin' about scoring sweet Tabasco Slim Jims.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
05-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I just scored a case of some sweet ass Tabasco Slim Jims!

Rain Man
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Keep making him backtrack until he says he would like to come to KC and then gets fined by the league for tampering.

Sure-Oz
05-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Keep making him backtrack until he says he would like to come to KC and then gets fined by the league for tampering.

LMAO

big nasty kcnut
05-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I told that ok he'll still be a cardinal and he will never go back to the super bowl.

Bugeater
05-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I had to google the name to find out who he was.

LaChapelle
05-08-2010, 04:02 PM
DD=big boob

KCrockaholic
05-08-2010, 04:06 PM
LMAO his latest tweet is the dumbest yet.

AndChiefs
05-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Me too.

Fritz88
05-08-2010, 04:11 PM
fuck him

Reaper16
05-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I just tweeted his stupid ass that KC has a metro population of two million people. What a dumbfuck.

milkman
05-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Me too.

Really?

Did you miss him in the SB a couple of years ago.

I don't give a rat's ass that he doesn't like KC.

I'd love to have a guy like him on our D-Line.

Quesadilla Joe
05-08-2010, 04:18 PM
ROFL

Ebolapox
05-08-2010, 04:18 PM
link?

BossChief
05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Man, I really wanted us to draft this guy back then and was pissed when we didnt and instead chose "the secret weapon".

Man, was I pissed that draft...

Mr. Arrowhead
05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
haha mellinger:

http://twitter.com/mellinger
I've spent much time in phoenix. It sucks butt compared to kc RT @ddockett: had a dream I got traded to KC. living there will be a nightmare

ChiefGator
05-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Man, I really wanted us to draft this guy back then and was pissed when we didnt and instead chose "the secret weapon".

Oh really? I thought Dockett went in the first round... Didn't realize he fell so far.

Would love to have him on our team as well, his stupidity about KC aside.

BossChief
05-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh really? I thought Dockett went in the first round... Didn't realize he fell so far.

Would love to have him on our team as well, his stupidity about KC aside.

we had a shitty as all beat hell defense and we trade down and take Siavii at the top of the second then take Kris Wilson at the end of the second and three or four picks later (iirc) they take DD at the top of the third.

It was bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Here's what I sent him back.

LMAO First is best. Rep.

Bugeater
05-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Really?

Did you miss him in the SB a couple of years ago.

I don't give a rat's ass that he doesn't like KC.

I'd love to have a guy like him on our D-Line.
You lost me at a couple years ago.

Chief Faithful
05-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I guess I can understand as I wouldn't want to be on a team that was dumb enough to trade a 1st for Dockett.

milkman
05-08-2010, 06:18 PM
we had a shitty as all beat hell defense and we trade down and take Siavii at the top of the second then take Kris Wilson at the end of the second and three or four picks later (iirc) they take DD at the top of the third.

It was bullshit.

Polamaulu in the first and Dockett in the second would have been a hell of a draft that year.

I wanted Dockett in that draft, as well.

What dumbfucks Carl and Dick were.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-08-2010, 06:22 PM

I've been pissed every fucking draft the last 10 years Until this year. This year I am really ,really, really excited that we may have brought in a load of playmakers.

WhitiE
05-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Reach arounds galore!!!

ahahahaROFL

Farzin
05-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Let's see how ARI vs KC is gonna go. :)

Mr. Laz
05-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Kris Wilson was 2nd round pick that was supposed to be a utility offensive weapon that could be used alot of different ways to cause match-up problems.

sound gawd dam familiar?

ChiefGator
05-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Kris Wilson was 2nd round pick that was supposed to be a utility offensive weapon that could be used alot of different ways to cause match-up problems.

sound gawd dam familiar?

Oh puhleez... Really? Comparing Kris Wilson to McCluster?

morphius
05-08-2010, 07:43 PM

sound gawd dam familiar?
Yeah, because McCluster inability to learn to block will keep him off the field as a TE...

The Bad Guy
05-08-2010, 08:18 PM

sound gawd dam familiar?

No, it doesn't.

Wilson was a tight end. McCluster is a dynamic player who will be tough to cover in the slot.

They are nothing alike.

-King-
05-08-2010, 08:21 PM

sound gawd dam familiar?

Percy Harvin was supposed to be a utility offensive weapon that could be used a lot of different ways to cause match-up problems.

Sound gawd dam familiar?
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh puhleez... Really? Comparing Kris Wilson to McCluster?

Yeah, really.

Those two players are nothing alike. Knowing how the Chiefs draft, McCluster will be a failure in a completely different way.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Neither Wilson or Harvey are fair comparisons.

Wilson was roo small to be a TE, and too slow to be a WR, and not quick enough to be an H-Back.

Harvin is nearly 6 ft and 200 lbs.

McCluster is a small, elusive, electric player, who may or may not produce as the slot receiver.

Time will tell, though I would guess, because of his smallish size, he won't last a long time.

-King-
05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Neither Wilson or Harvey are fair comparisons.

Wilson was roo small to be a TE, and too slow to be a WR, and not quick enough to be an H-Back.

Harvin is nearly 6 ft and 200 lbs.

McCluster is a small, elusive, electric player, who may or may not produce as the slot receiver.

Time will tell, though I would guess, because of his smallish size, he won't last a long time.
I wasn't trying to make the harvin comparison fair, just going to the other end of the spectrum..
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69
05-08-2010, 09:23 PM
this is what i sent him......@ddockett not as mad as the many hispanics waking up in arizona i bet

I'd be angry too if I were a law abiding citizen and...wait. Oops. Are they mad or indignant?

You really had to get this off your chest for your first post?

scorpio
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
So wait, a guy on your team twitters about how he can't wait to get out of town, and you congratulate him for being smart.

Darnell Dockett says he doesn't want to come to your town in the first place, and he's the devil.

Really?

Saulbadguy
05-08-2010, 09:48 PM

sound gawd dam familiar?

Wow, what a moron.

-King-
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
So wait, a guy on your team twitters about how he can't wait to get out of town, and you congratulate him for being smart.

Darnell Dockett says he doesn't want to come to your town in the first place, and he's the devil.

Really?

Yeah, this situation is just like the brandon flowers situation. Yup, exactly.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Really?Fucking moron...:rolleyes:

-King-
05-08-2010, 10:27 PM
McCluster = Kris Wilson
Flowers = Dockett

Now where's KnoMo with his JCharles = Tatum Bell comparison to complete the shitty comparison trifecta?
Posted via Mobile Device

scorpio
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
****ing moron...:rolleyes:

We're not talking about your mother, here.

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Dude, mom jokes? What are you, 12 years old?
Stfu
Posted via Mobile Device

CHENZ A!
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM

Burn! So clever and funny! HAHAHA
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Stfu
Posted via Mobile Device

This is kind of a surprising post from you.

You're usually more clever, and less direct than I am.

scorpio
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Stfu
Posted via Mobile Device

I know you guys can't change your ancestry. Deeply sorry.

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
This is kind of a surprising post from you.

You're usually more clever, and less direct than I am.

Yeah, I apologize. I'm really tired tonight...

I'll try harder tomorrow, sir.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
I know you guys can't change your ancestry. Deeply sorry.
You're digging a hole that I just can't see you crawling out of here, n00b.

You may want to stop before this gets out of hand, I'm just saying.
I'll give you this opportunity to just drop it.
Posted via Mobile Device

brent102fire
05-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Honestly, who gives a s**t? If I were on a team who has been in the playoffs and for some reason ended up on the 4-12 Chiefs, it would be a nightmare. It doesn't say anywhere in the NFL Rulebook that all players must like the Chiefs!

MoreLemonPledge
05-08-2010, 10:55 PM
The Chiefs will have a better record than Arizona this year.

scorpio
05-08-2010, 10:57 PM
You're digging a hole that I just can't see you crawling out of here, n00b.

You may want to stop before this gets out of hand, I'm just saying.
I'll give you this opportunity to just drop it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Drop what, the subject of Chiefs fans and their questionable parentage?

(also, I've been here as long you, "n00b")

http://i.imgur.com/HYpHZ.gif

KCrockaholic
05-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Bank on it!

W/O Warner that team is nothing, and losing Boldin only makes it worse. Steve Breaston is solid, but nothing like Boldin.

Sure-Oz
05-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Honestly, who gives a s**t? If I were on a team who has been in the playoffs and for some reason ended up on the 4-12 Chiefs, it would be a nightmare. It doesn't say anywher that all NFL players must like KC!
He doesn't know anything about kc, dirt roads and country

he can stfu

Pushead2
05-08-2010, 11:11 PM

10-6 and in the playoffs = Chiefs

KCrockaholic
05-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Why do so many people that aren't from KC just think it's a cow town? Maybe it was 50 years ago. But KC is far from that anymore.

Pushead2
05-08-2010, 11:15 PM
10-6 and in the playoffs = Chiefs

I forgot to mention, the QB at the helm will be Matt Gutierrez

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Drop what, the subject of Chiefs fans and their questionable parentage?

(also, I've been here as long you, "n00b")

http://i.imgur.com/HYpHZ.gif

Length of service and quality of participation are two different things.

Mom jokes are something that inbred children living in 3rd world countries would resort to (and consider clever). But since you seem to love them so much, here is my retort...

I am quite certain that your esteemed lineage most likely includes some strapping young man named Rufus and the runner up in the Miss Pork-Princess pageant of 1977.

Rufus likely had it all going for him until the service station in Sligo Louisiana went to self-service only, thus downsizing his position as oil check boy. The only way he and "Little miss Porky" could make it was for her to turn tricks on the street corner next to said service station. The truckers loved her very much and in 1981 named her "Miss Lot Lizard of '81."
Unfortunately in 1983 she had to retire from her career as well... It seems that all of the gas station hot dogs and little debbie snacks finally caught up with her and she contracted what she affectionately calls, "The Sugar."

At first she did not want to retire but it was just too tough to stand on the corner with only one foot. You see, her Diabetes went unchecked for so long that her left foot just rotted off.
Luckily for your family a little thing called, "Them Internets" came along in Sligo about 4 years ago and your mother found out that people will actually pay her to post sexual videos of her anally pleasing her only son, Scorpio with her stump.
It was a tough gig at first but Scorpio I applaud you for hanging in there and finally letting her get knee deep.

Wish her a happy mother's day for me. I will renew my subscription to her website, Analstump.com next week.

Have a wonderful evening.

BossChief
05-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Polamaulu in the first and Dockett in the second would have been a hell of a draft that year.

I wanted Dockett in that draft, as well.

What dumbfucks Carl and Dick were.

Polamalu was in the draft the year before, when we traded down and took LJ iirc.

You're slipping man.

Terribilis
05-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Length of service and quality of participation are two different things.

Mom jokes are something that inbred children living in 3rd world countries would resort to (and consider clever). But since you seem to love them so much, here is my retort...

I am quite certain that your esteemed lineage most likely includes some strapping young man named Rufus and the runner up in the Miss Pork-Princess pageant of 1977.

Rufus likely had it all going for him until the service station in Sligo Louisiana went to self-service only, thus downsizing his position as oil check boy. The only way he and "Little miss Porky" could make it was for her to turn tricks on the street corner next to said service station. The truckers loved her very much and in 1981 named her "Miss Lot Lizard of '81."
Unfortunately in 1983 she had to retire from her career as well... It seems that all of the gas station hot dogs and little debbie snacks finally caught up with her and she contracted what she affectionately calls, "The Sugar."

At first she did not want to retire but it was just too tough to stand on the corner with only one foot. You see, her Diabetes went unchecked for so long that her left foot just rotted off.
Luckily for your family a little thing called, "Them Internets" came along in Sligo about 4 years ago and your mother found out that people will actually pay her to post sexual videos of her anally pleasing her only son, Scorpio with her stump.
It was a tough gig at first but Scorpio I applaud you for hanging in there and finally letting her get knee deep.

Wish her a happy mother's day for me. I will renew my subscription to her website, Analstump.com next week.

Have a wonderful evening.
I like the reference to "The Sugar"

bkkcoh
05-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Why do so many people that aren't from KC just think it's a cow town? Maybe it was 50 years ago. But KC is far from that anymore.

I agree but perception > reality

boogblaster
05-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Dockett humms donkey-wang happily ....

HotRoute
05-09-2010, 07:55 AM
who really gives a shit what this guy is dreaming about. hopefully in his dream when he found out the news it was someone like this telling him about it......

http://www.mundoplus.tv/zonaseries/imagenes/fichas/freddy.jpg

Saul Good
05-09-2010, 08:02 AM
He doesn't know anything about kc, dirt roads and country

he can stfu

Arizona is country, too. That country is Mexico.

warpaint*
05-09-2010, 09:15 AM

Goes to show how difficult it is to shake an unsavory rep.

East coast snob bias at work here? He went to h.s. in Maryland.

warpaint*
05-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Arizona is country, too. That country is Mexico.

Mmm hmm. Concrete, dust, and cacti.

Baby Lee
05-09-2010, 10:27 AM

I think it has more to do than many realize with the name. If you've spent time there, your image of KC is based on that. Otherwise, the image is 'a city, that personifies Kansas.' And people go 'Oh, the black and white part of the Wizard of Oz, endless crops of corn and John Deere tractors, got it.'

Micjones
05-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm currently engaged in an argument with Dockett's cousin on Facebook.
He's on my friends list and interestingly enough...lives in Kansas City.

DeezNutz
05-09-2010, 10:42 AM

I'm having trouble keeping my car dust-free because of all the country roads. If the cousin can be of some assistance in this regard, I'd be grateful.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm having trouble keeping my car dust-free because of all the country roads. If the cousin can be of some assistance in this regard, I'd be grateful.

one would think that you'd be thankful for the country roads (don't they take you home?)

LaChapelle
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Docket has never had the pleaure of planting clover down the center of that country road
Beefing up the grill on his hummer and putting a spot light on his door
and plowing over whitetails at night after blinding them

Sure-Oz
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM

Wtf is he arguing? that his cousin is right?

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2010, 05:33 PM

sound gawd dam familiar?

You're as bad or worse than Mecca when you don't like a player selection.

Just sayin'.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2010, 05:36 PM

That's what people said about Darren Sproles and Warrick Dunn.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Bank on it!

W/O Warner that team is nothing, and losing Boldin only makes it worse. Steve Breaston is solid, but nothing like Boldin.

Doucet, Beanie Wells and uh, Larry Fitzgerald. They will be at least an 8 win team if not more.

The Chiefs will be extremely lucky to win 8 games this year.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Doucet, Beanie Wells and uh, Larry Fitzgerald. They will be at least an 8 win team if not more.

The Chiefs will be extremely lucky to win 8 games this year.

precisely. lot of talent on that team.

however, if leinart doesn't pick it up, they could fall big time this year.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2010, 05:50 PM
precisely. lot of talent on that team.

however, if leinart doesn't pick it up, they could fall big time this year.

I don't think he'll pick right up where Warner left off because they're completely different QB's with different skillsets. But even if it takes Leinart a while to become acclimated to starting, I can't see them losing more than eight games.

IF he's able to pick up right away, maybe they'll win 10. I'll all depend on their defensive acquisitions because they lost some key guys this past offseason.

milkman
05-09-2010, 05:51 PM

Warrick Dunn is an exception, but Sproles has only been in the league for 4 years, and his production last year wasn't the same as it had been in the two previous years.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Warrick Dunn is an exception, but Sproles has only been in the league for 4 years, and his production last year wasn't the same as it had been in the two previous years.

Actually Milk, he's been in the league a full five years and last year was his most productive.

http://www.nfl.com/players/darrensproles/profile?id=SPR711296

Now, I'm not claiming that McCluster will be successful because Sproles & Dunn have been successful, but I am suggesting that he can be successful, as evidenced by other guys his size that found success in the NFL.

I'm not going to rule him out because of his size. Hell, that was a knock on Maurice Jones-Drew (which is why he fell to the third) and even though he's heavier than McCluster, McCluster is taller.

milkman
05-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Actually Milk, he's been in the league a full five years and last year was his most productive.

http://www.nfl.com/players/darrensproles/profile?id=SPR711296

Now, I'm not claiming that McCluster will be successful because Sproles & Dunn have been successful, but I am suggesting that he can be successful, as evidenced by other guys his size that found success in the NFL.

I'm not going to rule him out because of his size. Hell, that was a knock on Maurice Jones-Drew (which is why he fell to the third) and even though he's heavier than McCluster is taller.

He had more carries for more yards, but his yards per carry were way down last year, and that was only 32 carries more than his '08 season.

And I'm throwing out the one season when he didn't play in '06 due to injury.

And MJD is a human bowling ball.

KChiefs1
05-09-2010, 06:12 PM

Me too.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
He had more carries for more yards, but his yards per carry were way down last year, and that was only 32 carries more than his '08 season.

And I'm throwing out the one season when he didn't play in '06 due to injury.

And MJD is a human bowling ball.

I was really shocked when Carl didn't chose MJD in the 2006 draft. He was a talented UCLA player and after Priest Holmes yearly injury bug, I thought he'd snag him some how.

MJD and LJ in 2006 would have made Herm look like a genius.

On second thought, maybe is WAS a good thing Carl didn't take him.

milkman
05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
I was really shocked when Carl didn't chose MJD in the 2006 draft. He was a talented UCLA player and after Priest Holmes yearly injury bug, I thought he'd snag him some how.

MJD and LJ in 2006 would have made Herm look like a genius.

On second thought, maybe is WAS a good thing Carl didn't take him.

I really liked MJD coming out of college, and because of his bowling ball build, I thought it was a mistake to underestimate him because of his size, which was more due to height than weight.

Micjones
05-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Let me just say... After a daylong debate...
It obviously runs in the family.

Sofa King
05-10-2010, 08:22 AM

quality first post.... 1 post, red rep...

:shake:

Fish
05-10-2010, 08:41 AM

Very true... but both those guys still have over 15lbs on McCluster....

Skyy God
05-10-2010, 09:45 AM

With Matt Leinart at the helm? He of the 70 career QB rating and questionable dedication to anything other than strange.

They could easily win 4 less games over last year.

BossChief
05-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I dont see how zona can win more than 6-8 games after losing Warner, Boldin, Rolle, Dansby and a couple crucial role players.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
With Matt Leinart at the helm? He of the 70 career QB rating and questionable dedication to anything other than strange.

They could easily win 4 less games over last year.

No fucking way. 6-10?

Leinart hasn't had much of an opportunity to play after his rookie season in 2006 where he threw for 2,600 yards in 12 games.

I'll be shocked if he isn't in the middle of the league or higher when the season's over.

OnTheWarpath15
05-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Why do people get all butthurt over something like this?

Who gives a shit what he said.

This thread's nothing more than a big pity party.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Stfu
Posted via Mobile Device

:LOL: @ the timing.

Let's see how ARI vs KC is gonna go. :)

We'd better beat the fucking piss out of them.

Umm....yeah....uh....:tinfoil:

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
I dont see how zona can win more than 6-8 games after losing Warner, Boldin, Rolle, Dansby and a couple crucial role players.

Doucet, Rhodes, Joey Porter, Jay Feely, and on and on. Plus, Arizona got Daryl Washington to replace Dansbys, a guy that some forum members were pissed the Chiefs passed on.

Whisenhunt is an excellent coach that spent nine years in the league as a player. I don't expect much, if any, drop off this season.

Time's Yours
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM

You??? Engaged in an argument? Really??? :D

BossChief
05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Doucet, Rhodes, Joey Porter, Jay Feely, and on and on. Plus, Arizona got Daryl Washington to replace Dansbys, a guy that some forum members were pissed the Chiefs passed on.

Whisenhunt is an excellent coach that spent nine years in the league as a player. I don't expect much, if any, drop off this season.

Remember when St Louis went from Warner to Bulger?

I expect a similar dropoff from Arizona.

The line will have to adjust to a left handed quarterback, as will everyone else on the offense.

I just think they take a step back this year. If they win more than 8 games, Ill be a little surprised.

Skyy God
05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
No ****ing way. 6-10?

Leinart hasn't had much of an opportunity to play after his rookie season in 2006 where he threw for 2,600 yards in 12 games.

I'll be shocked if he isn't in the middle of the league or higher when the season's over.

He's had 6 starts since 2006 and put up even worse numbers. He suffered a season-ending injury in 2007 against the Rams (was in attendance), so there's a potential durability issue as well.

Bottom line is, to expect to plug Leinart in for Warner is optimistic at best and foolhardy at worst.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Remember when St Louis went from Warner to Bulger?

I expect a similar dropoff from Arizona.

The line will have to adjust to a left handed quarterback, as will everyone else on the offense.

I just think they take a step back this year. If they win more than 8 games, Ill be a little surprised.

Bulger wasn't a top ten draft choice. He was a 6th rounder.

Leinart should be the least of their worries.

BossChief
05-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Bulger wasn't a top ten draft choice. He was a 6th rounder.

Leinart should be the least of their worries.

you could be right, but honestly I dont see a big difference between Bulger and Leinart other than the round they were drafted in TBH.

My thought is that they start slow but finish strong at around .500. They have a tough schedule, I think 8 is generous.

Leinart was a top ten choice for a different coach/offense as well. He isnt a perfect fit for their downfield passing attack IMO.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
He's had 6 starts since 2006 and put up even worse numbers. He suffered a season-ending injury in 2007 against the Rams (was in attendance), so there's a potential durability issue as well.

Bottom line is, to expect to plug Leinart in for Warner is optimistic at best and foolhardy at worst.

First off, they won't be running the same offense for Leinart as they did for Warner.

Secondly, expecting ANY QB to step in and play a few times a year at a high level is tenuous at best.

Leinart has all the tools to be a successful West Coast offense QB and had an impressive rookie year. I'd expect that since they are putting their faith in him this season, he'll do just fine.

Whisenhunt's no dummy.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2010, 01:43 PM
you could be right, but honestly I dont see a big difference between Bulger and Leinart other than the round they were drafted in TBH.

My thought is that they start slow but finish strong at around .500. They have a tough schedule, I think 8 is generous.

Leinart was a top ten choice for a different coach/offense as well. He isnt a perfect fit for their downfield passing attack IMO.

They'll have to change their offense. Otherwise, it would be a disaster.

Chiefnj2
05-10-2010, 01:45 PM
First off, they won't be running the same offense for Leinart as they did for Warner.

Secondly, expecting ANY QB to step in and play a few times a year at a high level is tenuous at best.

Leinart has all the tools to be a successful West Coast offense QB and had an impressive rookie year. I'd expect that since they are putting their faith in him this season, he'll do just fine.

Whisenhunt's no dummy.

When you have arguably the best WR in the league, you shouldn't change your offense because of your QB. Find a QB who can throw the ball down the field.

Skyy God
05-10-2010, 02:02 PM

Whisenhunt's no dummy.

Sure, but it's not like this is the first time an offense has been built around him. They drafted Levi Brown in 2007 to protect Leinart's blind side (RT). When Leinart started the 1st 5 games of '07, the offense was designed for his West Coast arm/background. He was very, very mediocre.

This is a guy who was supposedly in a serious competition last year for the #2 behind Warner. My point is the jury is still out on how well he'll play.

BossChief
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
ya know what sucks?

Cassel is the poor mans Leinart and I don't Leinart is very good.

Please Charlie, save the day for us.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Sure, but it's not like this is the first time an offense has been built around him. They drafted Levi Brown in 2007 to protect Leinart's blind side (RT). When Leinart started the 1st 5 games of '07, the offense was designed for his West Coast arm/background. He was very, very mediocre.

This is a guy who was supposedly in a serious competition last year for the #2 behind Warner. My point is the jury is still out on how well he'll play.

Whisenhunt didn't build an offense around Leinart in 2007. He brought in the vertical passing game and quickly realized that Leinart couldn't execute it as well as Kurt Warner.

If Warner hadn't been on the roster, Whisenhunt would have needed to change his offensive philosophy at the time.

Now he'll need to do it in 2010 for them to be successful.

Fansy the Famous Bard
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Obviously the ref never finished getting Darnell's head out of his ass.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/e5743f1ddd3265a2d21855937239642a.jpg