PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Man bags a $900 a week job – To sleep

CosmicPal
05-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Well Hell, I'd love to have his job. :D

http://www.popjolly.com/man-bags-a-900-a-week-job-to-sleep-374

Sleeping on the job can get most of us in trouble, however in Phil Latam’s case, it gets him paid. Phil bagged himself the most wanted job in Britain – a sleeping bag tester.

All the 27 year old has to do is test different sleeping bags and report back at bosses in Halfords regarding their comfort.

Phil beat over 1000 applicants for the job to doze and get paid. The lucky winner who has a degree in outdoor leadership said: “I am delighted to have got the job. I was a bit dazed when they rang and told me, especially when I heard how many people had applied.

http://www.popjolly.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Phil-on-the-job.jpg

“I have been a member of the scout movement since I was four and have a lot of experience of camping. My girlfriend saw the job advertised first in the papers and rang saying: “I have just seen a job you may be over-qualified for!” Then my mum phoned and my sister, all telling me it was a job tailor-made for me so I thought I better go for it.” He said.

|Zach|
05-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Great idea on Halfords part.

The Franchise
05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Degree in Outdoor Leadership? :spock:

CarlPeterson_fan
05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Thats nothing. I slept through every free agency period for 20 years and made a lot more than $900/ week for it.

Reaper16
05-10-2010, 05:23 PM
By degree he means a certificate printed off a laser-jet printer by the local Parks & Recreations department that offered the $15 three-week course on Outdoor Leadership.

Brock
05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Thats nothing. I slept through every free agency period for 20 years and made a lot more than $900/ week for it.

Nope, still sucks.

pr_capone
05-10-2010, 06:01 PM

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9804/funnayoutofreach.jpg

Johnny Vegas
05-10-2010, 06:24 PM

I know right?

in the movie Blind Side Oher had outscored on his "protective instincts"

WTF?!

CarlPeterson_fan
05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Its alright if you guys don't like my mult. There are several who do. Look at what I started. There is now a ScottPioli and a ToddHaley mult posting. You know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

teedubya
05-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Its alright if you guys don't like my mult. There are several who do. Look at what I started. There is now a ScottPioli and a ToddHaley mult posting. You know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Yeah, I had Nick Athan as a mult... and it got shut down in like 3 days, and It was more funny than you have had in 3 months.

Consistent1
05-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Athan is untouchable. Well gochiefs might have touched him....
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
05-11-2010, 06:29 AM
These Pioli, Peterson and Haley dups are a whole bucket of fail.

Get some creativity and humor please.

Rooster
05-11-2010, 08:41 AM
These Pioli, Peterson and Haley dups are a whole bucket of fail.

Get some creativity and humor please.

I agree. It's pretty lame.

CoMoChief
05-11-2010, 08:53 AM

Would underwater basket weaving be more suited for you? ROFL

CosmicPal
05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
You guys laugh, but there is very good money to be made working for an Outdoor Leadership outfit such as Outward Bound here in the US.

I even considered doing the Outward Bound program when I was living in Colorado. It's the perfect job for someone who loves the outdoors and wants to share that appreciation for the environment and the responsibility of immersing yourself with respect to the wild.

I will tell you this much- it beats the phuck out of ANY office job in the world. While you're slaving away at a desk, waiting for the chance to escape for a lonely half hour of lunch, and then dulling away the afternoon just to jump in the car and crawl home during rush hour, some folks are out frolicking in God's wonderland teaching others how to be real.

Fish
05-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Pathetic and sad....

DMAC
05-11-2010, 09:29 AM
You guys laugh, but there is very good money to be made working for an Outdoor Leadership outfit such as Outward Bound here in the US.

I even considered doing the Outward Bound program when I was living in Colorado. It's the perfect job for someone who loves the outdoors and wants to share that appreciation for the environment and the responsibility of immersing yourself with respect to the wild.

I will tell you this much- it beats the phuck out of ANY office job in the world. While you're slaving away at a desk, waiting for the chance to escape for a lonely half hour of lunch, and then dulling away the afternoon just to jump in the car and crawl home during rush hour, some folks are out frolicking in God's wonderland teaching others how to be real.
If I was a single guy, I would be a full time Outward Bound employee wherever they wanted me.