PDA

View Full Version : Life Smellympics - Round 5, The Elite Eight.

Rain Man
05-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Okay, here's how we'll go from here.

Vote for your top four in this round, and the four biggest vote getters will move on to the final four.

At that point, we'll go survivor mode. You'll pick three of the four and the bottom one will be eliminated. Then you'll pick two of three and the bottom one will be eliminated. And at that, we'll end up with the Gold Medal round.

So right now, vote for four.

HoneyBadger
05-10-2010, 11:38 PM
This poll would suck if you were a vegetarian

niblet
05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
You would've never guessed this place was KC-based by looking at the last 8.

cdcox
05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
meat and smoke!

Bugeater
05-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Bacon!

RedNFeisty
05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
The rain smells lucked out.:(

bevischief
05-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Smoke!

luv
05-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Bacon!

No, it's Beggin' Strips.

luv
05-11-2010, 06:31 AM
While I love the smell of a smoker, I'd have to say fresh baked bread and chocolate chip cookies are up there.

Gonzo
05-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Ribs are losing? Wtf is wrong with you people?
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
05-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Unless those chocolate chip cookies have bacon in them, I don't see how they can be running even with the bacon option. Something's very wrong here and it seems like the wrongness started when we gave women the vote.

Sofa King
05-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Unless those chocolate chip cookies have bacon in them, I don't see how they can be running even with the bacon option. Something's very wrong here and it seems like the wrongness started when we gave women the vote.

FUCK YEAH!!!

http://www.manuelbieh.de/kram/blog_highfive.jpg

blaise
05-11-2010, 08:40 AM

So would dinner most nights.

Chiefs Rool
05-11-2010, 08:55 AM

tofu, bean sprouts and rice cookin together doesn't create as desirable of an aroma as the current options.

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Whoa. There's some voting cannibalism going on in the smoked meat categories.

LaChapelle
05-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Everyone trim the fat from all your meat before BBQ this summer
Arrowhead scented candle sales will power this BB for ever

Bugeater
05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Whoa. There's some voting cannibalism going on in the smoked meat categories.
:eek: That's shocking, right now none of them get in.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Rain Man, in his Denver-living, BBQ-hating ways, intentionally put as many iterations of a BBQ smell into the competition so as to prevent it from making the finals. He knew what he was doing all along.

This is worse than the 2002 Winter Olympics figure skating judging scandal. In fact, it is the moral equivalent of that the Denver Broncos did in the '97 playoff game vs the Chiefs.

alnorth
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Ya know, if we are weeding them out one at a time starting next round, then there's no reason to have a final four. This isn't basketball, maybe we go with a final 5 and then start weeding them out.

Chiefs Rool
05-11-2010, 12:10 PM
I might have to go to the store to get some cinamon rolls you bake up

patteeu
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Ya know, if we are weeding them out one at a time starting next round, then there's no reason to have a final four. This isn't basketball, maybe we go with a final 5 and then start weeding them out.

There's a natural break in the data between 4th and 5th and a near tie between 5th and 6th. I don't think your modification can be justified on the basis of anything other than a grilled meat bias.

Edit: I missed the Hickory and meat entry which is a significantly closer 5th place than I initially believed.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 12:19 PM
There's a natural break in the data between 4th and 5th and a near tie between 5th and 6th. I don't think your modification can be justified on the basis of anything other than a grilled meat bias.
You are the Mark Schlereth to Rain Man's John Elway.

patteeu
05-11-2010, 12:23 PM

Rain Man is going to mess you up if you don't take that back. Oh, and you owe me an apology since my edit was independent of your response.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Rain Man is going to mess you up if you don't take that back. Oh, and you owe me an apology since my edit was independent of your response.
I'm not taking it back unless I find that the comparison doesn't make sense. Right now it does.

I don't owe you an apology for your own mistake. Crazy talk.

patteeu
05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not taking it back unless I find that the comparison doesn't make sense. Right now it does.

I don't owe you an apology for your own mistake. Crazy talk.

Were you comparing me to Mark Schlereth because he's known for catching his own mistakes and fixing them almost instantaneously?

I can't believe you're sticking by your Rain Man is Elway comparison. I wouldn't want to be DaFace or anyone else physically near Rain Man when he reads that.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Were you comparing me to Mark Schlereth because he's known for catching his own mistakes and fixing them almost instantaneously?

I can't believe you're sticking by your Rain Man is Elway comparison. I wouldn't want to be DaFace or anyone else physically near Rain Man when he reads that.
I chose my rhetoric wisely. He likely doesn't realize the extent of his [perhaps subconscious] actions here. So I want him to see just how fraudulent his poll has become. I could have made comparisons to other cheaters, but I chose the one that would sting the most. I mean, I feel betrayed and let down and I think he should know.

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 01:01 PM

What did you just call me?:grr:

RJ
05-11-2010, 01:02 PM
As a sign of solidarity, I voted the straight meat ticket.

DaFace
05-11-2010, 01:02 PM

:eek: Dude...that's just.......wow.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 01:06 PM
What did you just call me?:grr:
You heard me. You've Vaseline'd this whole Olympics from the very start. You're insidious.

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I chose my rhetoric wisely. He likely doesn't realize the extent of his [perhaps subconscious] actions here. So I want him to see just how fraudulent his poll has become. I could have made comparisons to other cheaters, but I chose the one that would sting the most. I mean, I feel betrayed and let down and I think he should know.

My subconscious actions? MINE?!?! I begged you to vote for brownies. I pleaded for air after a rain. I cajoled for glazed doughnuts. You meat people are just reluctant to admit that cinnamon rolls, bread, chocolate chip cookies, and bacon are kicking your pork butts.

cdcox
05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
My subconscious actions? MINE?!?! I begged you to vote for brownies. I pleaded for air after a rain. I cajoled for glazed doughnuts. You meat people are just reluctant to admit that cinnamon rolls, bread, chocolate chip cookies, and bacon are kicking your pork butts.

Could be beef. You are clearly an uninformed Philistine.

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
You heard me. You've Vaseline'd this whole Olympics from the very start. You're insidious.

I am insidious. I'll admit to that. But not with Vaseline. Never with Vaseline.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Yes, you - the person setting up the entire Olympics, the person who has provided zero transparency into the grouping process for heats -were openly advocating for certain smells over others, a potential abuse of power and authority regarding this competition.

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Yes, you - the person setting up the entire Olympics, the person who has provided zero transparency into the grouping process for heats -were openly advocating for certain smells over others, a potential abuse of power and authority regarding this competition.

Unfortunately, you and the other beefers have no grounds for a challenge. If you had spoken up for guava in Round 1 and honeysuckle in Round 2 and the 4th of July in Round 3, your arguments might be considered to have merit. But there was silence as those smells fell. It is only when your partisan choice falls that complaints about "the system" arise. At best, it's situational ethics, and at worst, it's outright fraud and an attempt to manipulate the democratic system. And nobody likes a commie.

Face it. Variations of barbecue are the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th-best smells in the world if the voting trends continue. There's no shame in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Of course you are going to defend yourself. Did Pat Bowlen own up to his cheating the salary cap? Of course not.

How can you sleep at night when your pillow is stuffed with fraudulent market research?

The Franchise
05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
This is what happens when you have your smells split up into so many different types.

Sofa King
05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
This is what happens when you have your smells split up into so many different types.

shhh, reaper and rain man have some pretty good banter going ...

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Of course you are going to defend yourself. Did Pat Bowlen own up to his cheating the salary cap? Of course not.

How can you sleep at night when your pillow is stuffed with fraudulent market research?

One word, Mr. Reaper, one word.

Honeysuckle.

Where were you for honeysuckle? I'll tell you where. You were at the grill. And why were you at the grill? Because you, sir, are in the pocket of Big Beef. And we don't worry about lobbyists here at the Smellympics, so you might as well pack your carpetbags and head to Richmond to promote beef tongue.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 02:22 PM
One word, Mr. Reaper, one word.

Honeysuckle.

Where were you for honeysuckle? I'll tell you where. You were at the grill. And why were you at the grill? Because you, sir, are in the pocket of Big Beef. And we don't worry about lobbyists here at the Smellympics, so you might as well pack your carpetbags and head to Richmond to promote beef tongue.
The grill? I am posting in defense of barbecue and you talk about the grill? What comedy of errors is this?

I'll have you know that, while I was not in support of honeysuckle stemming from an incident in first grade where I sucked on a few too many of them and grew ill for an afternoon, I have been voting for such smells as post-rain air, bread, and brownies.

Again, I call for transparency. A public poll would have shown false your claim that I am in essence a lobbyist. Your rhetoric is like the Obama administration's - appeal to a populist anti-lobbyisim while allowing for the lack of transparency in the process to mask what is really going on behind the scenes with special interests.

patteeu
05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
The grill? I am posting in defense of barbecue and you talk about the grill? What comedy of errors is this?

I'll have you know that, while I was not in support of honeysuckle stemming from an incident in first grade where I sucked on a few too many of them and grew ill for an afternoon, I have been voting for such smells as post-rain air, bread, and brownies.

Again, I call for transparency. A public poll would have shown false your claim that I am in essence a lobbyist. Your rhetoric is like the Obama administration's - appeal to a populist anti-lobbyisim while allowing for the lack of transparency in the process to mask what is really going on behind the scenes with special interests.

Holy mother of Len Dawson! First you compare him to Elway and now to Obama. :shake: Who's next, Pol Pot?

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Boy, this is getting ugly. If barbecue smell was more popular I'd be scared, but as it is I know that the cookie and cinnamon roll smell people outnumber them.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Actually, barbecue is running at 127 votes as I type this. It is just split across four different categories. Even if you remove the meat + sauce option, the three completely redundant meat-during-the-BBQ-process options are sitting at 92 votes.

So it is untrue to say that cookie or cinnamon roll people outnumber them. Hell, cookie and cinnamon roll people combined barely outnumber them.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Holy mother of Len Dawson! First you compare him to Elway and now to Obama. :shake: Who's next, Pol Pot?
He's not Pol Pot, no.

He's Poll Pot.

Sofa King
05-11-2010, 02:58 PM
can we just crown Bacon now??? surely all the meat voters will just gang up on the fluffy options....

Bugeater
05-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Actually, barbecue is running at 127 votes as I type this. It is just split across four different categories. Even if you remove the meat + sauce option, the three completely redundant meat-during-the-BBQ-process options are sitting at 92 votes.

So it is untrue to say that cookie or cinnamon roll people outnumber them. Hell, cookie and cinnamon roll people combined barely outnumber them.
You're not accounting for the people who may have voted for multiple BBQ categories.

Bugeater
05-11-2010, 03:03 PM
can we just crown Bacon now??? surely all the meat voters will just gang up on the fluffy options....
I kinda wanted to see a bacon vs BBQ final. Now THAT would be tough.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
You're not accounting for the people who may have voted for multiple BBQ categories.
Or people who voted for none. Or people who voted for both cinnamon rolls and cookies. Etc. And we'll never know.

vailpass
05-11-2010, 03:29 PM

ROFL

Zebedee DuBois
05-11-2010, 04:20 PM
GO CINNAMON!!!!

...and bacon, of course.

LaChapelle
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
This must not be your average bacon from Piggly WIggly

mlyonsd
05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
This must not be your average bacon from Piggly WIggly

Heh, are there still Piggly Wiggly's?

teedubya
05-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Chiefsplanet is full of pillowbiters... they LOVE the smell of "meat" but don't love the smell of women.

mlyonsd
05-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Chiefsplanet is full of pillowbiters... they LOVE the smell of "meat" but don't love the smell of women.

I think those of us that actually have a woman appreciate their smell and don't need to fantasize about it like some others.

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Okay, I'm calling the Final Four. Reaper is going to be grim about this, but his Big Beef lobbying client lost their bid.

LetsSignRussell
05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
just vote for rain

Consistent1
05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
It's always been obvious that we have a lot of meat smokers on this board. Because of a split up vote they won't be able to "taste the fruit of victory" in the same way they usually do for their efforts. I'm surprised that some guys didn't lobby hard for the smell of jizz in a piece of tissue after that thread about the janitor sniffing trash.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
05-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Okay, I'm calling the Final Four. Reaper is going to be grim about this, but his Big Beef lobbying client lost their bid.

This is a travishamockery!

patteeu
05-12-2010, 06:45 AM
He's not Pol Pot, no.

He's Poll Pot.

LMAO I wish I'd thought of that.

patteeu
05-12-2010, 06:47 AM

As a bacon backer, my fear is that the cinnamon roll, cookie, and bread fans will all vote for those three while the bacon lovers will vote for bacon and two of the dough products giving the dough products an advantage.

Bwana
05-12-2010, 06:54 AM

Horse dung! Flawed poll! :grr: