PDA

View Full Version : Life Smellympics Truthiness Poll: BBQ or Cinnamon Rolls

cdcox
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
The purpose of this poll is to test the hypothesis that the BBQ smells are wiping each other out allowing some lesser smells to seep through.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
BBQ.

alnorth
05-11-2010, 12:06 PM
BBQ, easily

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Rain Man, in his Denver-living, BBQ-hating ways, intentionally put as many iterations of a BBQ smell into the competition so as to prevent it from making the finals. He knew what he was doing all along.

This is worse than the 2002 Winter Olympics figure skating judging scandal. In fact, it is the moral equivalent of that the Denver Broncos did in the '97 playoff game vs the Chiefs.

Chiefs Rool
05-11-2010, 12:12 PM
it's a tough one, but Ima sucker for them cinamon rolls

alnorth
05-11-2010, 12:13 PM

heresy! He's a witch, burn him!

bevischief
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
BBQ, easily

RJ
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
BBQ, and it's not close.

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 12:16 PM

Judging by the color his rep bar turned into I'd say that I did burn him.

Groves
05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe if I'm stuffed to the gills with good BBQ I would pick the rolls. I'm sure I would, actually.

It's like asking which tastes better, that handful of salty sunflower seeds or a tall cool glass of water. Nothing increases my taste for one like the other.

Bugeater
05-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Perhaps the BBQ lovers should've gotten organized and settled on getting one of the four into the finals. Instead you got greedy and went for the All BBQ finals and now you're paying the price.

mlyonsd
05-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I think the last couple rounds should be seeded.

Top vote getter/lowest winning vote getter, etc in one heat.
Second vote getter/second lowest vote getter, etc in the next heat.

Tough for BBQ, but that's exactly how Thanksgiving was eliminated.

Doesn't really matter, bacon is going to win it all now.

Chiefs Rool
05-11-2010, 12:27 PM

we are only talkin about the smells here, both are pretty darn good but smelling those cinnamon rolls coming out of the oven is great. I'm still not 100% sure which is a better smell, but I don't smoke meat much so maybe I just don't get to smell it as much. But I do remember Grandma and Ma baking and the smells from them bring back great memories, so maybe that's why I chose cinnamon rolls over BBQ.

This is America boys, it ain't "If you don't like what I like, then you are wrong" If you like that, go live in a different country.

Sofa King
05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Tigers love pepper.... they hate cinnamon

Reaper16
05-11-2010, 12:46 PM
This is America boys, it ain't "If you don't like what I like, then you are wrong" If you like that, go live in a different country.
But what you are essentially saying is "If you don't like my definition of America then you are wrong."

HemiEd
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM

I would rather eat the BBQ, but think the smell of the rolls is better.

Chiefs Rool
05-11-2010, 12:48 PM
But what you are essentially saying is "If you don't like my definition of America then you are wrong."

:)

now you are making me do it

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Perhaps the BBQ lovers should've gotten organized and settled on getting one of the four into the finals. Instead you got greedy and went for the All BBQ finals and now you're paying the price.

Air after a rain, I kept saying. Air after a rain. And brownies in the oven. But did they listen? Nooooooo. And now they're realizing that barbecue's brand is diluted by a variety of nuances, while cinnamon rolls send one clear and distinct message.

Sofa King
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Air after a rain, I kept saying. Air after a rain. And brownies in the oven. But did they listen? Nooooooo. And now they're realizing that barbecue's brand is diluted by a variety of nuances, while cinnamon rolls send one clear and distinct message.

rain would have been in my top 5 overall... along with all the campfire and 4th of july ones.... and thanksgiving..

KCUnited
05-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Rather alarming how many guys lady's have access to their CP account.

mlyonsd
05-11-2010, 01:29 PM

The same could be said for Thanksgiving aroma's but you don't see me whining about it.

Well other than my campaign to kill the brownie but I'm over that now.

DJ's left nut
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Maybe somebody should have consolidated clearly repetitive smells into an overarching category.

Hmm....wonder who would have been responsible for that?

And rain air sucks. Mmmmmm....mildew; awesome.

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Maybe somebody should have consolidated clearly repetitive smells into an overarching category.

Hmm....wonder who would have been responsible for that?

And rain air sucks. Mmmmmm....mildew; awesome.

Clearly repetitive? So you're saying that meat on a smoker smells the same as barbecue and sauce? Or ribs? Or hickory and meat? If those are not distinct aromas to you, then I question whether you're really a barbecue expert or not.

Hmmph. Mildew. Hmmph.

patteeu
05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I refuse to vote in this unofficial and unauthorized abomination. I urge other purists to do the same.

Fritz88
05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
i sell my soul for a good bbq

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 02:14 PM
I refuse to vote in this unofficial and unauthorized abomination. I urge other purists to do the same.

Thank you for your support in this time of trials and tribulations.

patteeu
05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Thank you for your support in this time of trials and tribulations.

With the boycott of polling purists in place, I don't see how this flawed poll can prove anything.

CHENZ A!
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, these are all pleasant smells, but I just don't understand how a freshly showered woman could lose to anything other than bacon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
i sell my soul for a good bbq

i have a can of Dr. Pepper in the fridge... all i want in return is an autographed copy of your last book entitled "Putting on the Fritz."

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/astaire.jpg

Bwana
05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Q

Fritz88
05-11-2010, 02:33 PM
i have a can of Dr. Pepper in the fridge... all i want in return is an autographed copy of your last book entitled "Putting on the Fritz."

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/astaire.jpg

ROFL

i gave my last copy to mecca so he could work on his 2045 mock draft

mlyonsd
05-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I'd consider a public poll for the final final vote. Otherwise I can see some shenanigans going on and an election stolen.

Pants
05-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, these are all pleasant smells, but I just don't understand how a freshly showered woman could lose to anything other than bacon.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's the hair, man. I could smell that shit all day. And the pillow too. I have no idea how they do it either, it's not like there's some secret magical hair wash/shampoo, it's the same shit we use except labeled for women. FML.

cdcox
05-11-2010, 05:39 PM

You are just against truthiness.

vailpass
05-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Any non-food smells appeal to any of you cholesterol kings?

alnorth
05-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I'd consider a public poll for the final final vote. Otherwise I can see some shenanigans going on and an election stolen.

The final final vote will be a runaway landslide to coronate bacon. We're really talking about 2nd place here, which is why I'm not all that annoyed about the BBQ split.

Bugeater
05-11-2010, 06:05 PM
You mean there is other stuff besides food?

alnorth
05-11-2010, 06:08 PM

everything in the known world can be divided into 4 categories. 1) food 2) something that helps you to aquire food 3) a pleasant distraction to take your mind off food 4) a waste of time

Rain Man
05-11-2010, 06:27 PM
everything in the known world can be divided into 4 categories. 1) food 2) something that helps you to aquire food 3) a pleasant distraction to take your mind off food 4) a waste of time

Women are three of the four things. Four if your wagon train is trapped in the Sierra Nevadas.