PDA

View Full Version : Life Bullies

Farzin
05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I rarely talk about stuff other than the Chiefs/football, but I feel I needed to get this out to as many people possible. It's something I hate seeing.

I want to share two stories.

In my college composition class, there was an older student poking fun at a classmate who has down-syndrome. Before the class, the bully, John, starts asking our classmate questions about a ring he wears on his finger. He starts laughing and asks him if that's his wedding ring. The student with DS responds and says "This isn't my wedding ring you idiot. It's a birthday gift my dad got my when I turned 18. I'm not going to get married for another 30 years." John laughs and goes, "30 years? Hahaha." John turns to me and I ask him "What's funny?" And before I even let him answer, I asked him (quietly, I don't want the student with DS to hear) if he thinks he's tough for picking on someone with a mental disability. I then told him that he should be ashamed of himself for doing such thing. He basically kept his mouth shut and he looked guilty throughout the rest of class.

John was in the army. I know this because he has his name patched on his backpack and I edited one of his essays in class in which he talked about his experience in the army. I thought people like him were more mature after what they went through. I guess I was wrong. This all happened around October.

-----

Today, two kids (who looked like they were in elementary school) were together. I didn't see what was going on, but when I came back to my room, my window was open and I heard some arguing outside. An older kid (he looked like he was in middle school, or a young HS student) was standing in front of a bike and not letting the two boys get it back. I heard one of the young kids say "Give me my new bike back." They said a couple other things, but I could not hear. The middle schooler took the bike and flipped them off while riding away with it. The little kids kept yelling cuss words (I heard ass used about five times..) and the two kids laughed. The older kid stopped and made it look like he was going to go back and do something. It seemed he took offense to what the kids said. He flipped them off an rode away.

Once again, an older kid feels accomplished for stealing a bike and flipping off little kids. I really love being around young kids, mainly babies. I'm always excited to see a close family friend of ours when they bring their kids (not sure if this is common among most 18-year-old boys..) but it makes me sick to my stomach. If I was a parent of those two kids that got the finger and their bike taken away, it must feel like a crappy feeling and hope to God I don't experience anything like this when I get older.

-----

I don't know who here is a counselor, teacher, etc. But why do people feel the need to take advantage of another person's age or disability and feel tough about it? I'd say this is my biggest pet peeve.

LaChapelle
05-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Bullies are why bullets were invented
you can always get a rabbit with a rock

RJ
05-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Because they can.

Bugeater
05-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Why didn't you make an effort to a) prevent the punk from taking off with the bike or b) getting the bike back from him?

Farzin
05-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Why didn't you make an effort to a) prevent the punk from taking off with the bike or b) getting the bike back from him?

The whole thing lasted about 15 seconds. I was about to head down, but the kid took off. The other kids went home. I went back to study..

You may not like this, but I'll admit I don't make the effort to stop this, usually someone is there to solve it. Plus the kid had a backpack on him (not sure what a kid is doing with a school backpack around 6 PM.) But who knows what he carried in there..

bevischief
05-11-2010, 07:06 PM

This.

BigRedChief
05-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I use to beat the chit out of bully's. picking on someone because they are physically unable to defend themselfs against you or because they are different is something I figured out in 5th grade. I was 6' tall in the 6th grade so in my class at least there wasn't a lot of bully's, at least not for long.

I took my car to a shop to get it fixed one time. I went to pay the bill and they told me it was free. huh? why? Seems that the mechanic that worked on my car recognized me from grade school and did the work for free and paid the shop its due money. As a thank you for not allowing the bullies to pick on him in the locker room. True story.

Chiefs Rool
05-11-2010, 07:07 PM
have faith my friend, there are lots of good people out there too.

BWillie
The answer:

Chocolate Swirlies

Sure-Oz
I stood up to a bully once that was picking on me in class when i was in junior high cause i had huge glasses, we became good friends later since i didnt put up with his shit after a week. I still call the guy an asshole and he's a loser today haha/nelson laugh

Bugeater
I dunno, something doesn't quite add up with the situation anyway. I would think whichever kid the brand new bike belonged to would've been doing more than laughing and calling the older kid names, I know I would've been screaming bloody ****ing murder if that had happened to me.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I almost got a swirly one time. Fortunately I was one of those fat strong kids, so I was able to brace my arms against the side of the bathroom stall, and the weak bullies could not push me in.

Farzin
05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I dunno, something doesn't quite add up with the situation anyway. I would think whichever kid the brand new bike belonged to would've been doing more than laughing and calling the older kid names, I know I would've been screaming bloody ****ing murder if that had happened to me.

I only saw a small portion of what happened, as I mentioned above.

Sure-Oz
05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I almost got a swirly one time. Fortunately I was one of those fat strong kids, so I was able to brace my arms against the side of the bathroom stall, and the weak bullies could not push me in.

LMAO

Bill Lundberg
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
This sounds bullyish (not my intention), but I have to ask. How does a mentally handicapped individual get into a college composition class?

cabletech94
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I use to beat the chit out of bully's. picking on someone because they are physically unable to defend themselfs against you or because they are different is something I figured out in 5th grade. I was 6' tall in the 6th grade so in my class at least there wasn't a lot of bully's, at least not for long.

I took my car to a shop to get it fixed one time. I went to pay the bill and they told me it was free. huh? why? Seems that the mechanic that worked on my car recognized me from grade school and did the work for free and paid the shop its due money. As a thank you for not allowing the bullies to pick on him in the locker room. True story.

You tha man BRC!!!

Rep!!!

Bugeater
05-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I only saw a small portion of what happened, as I mentioned above.
From your description of the event I'm thinking the young kids were fucking with the older one.

Bill Lundberg
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
This sounds bullyish (not my intention), but I have to ask. How does a mentally handicapped individual get into a college composition class?

Do you go to KU?:D

Hammock Parties
05-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't think I was ever really bullied per se, but I just got picked on a lot.

One time when the teacher was out of the room, this ornery, good looking fucker who got all the girls had a spiral notebook with a metal spiral on the spine. He started rubbing a pencil along the length of it, and it sounded like a fart.

After every faux fart, he said aloud "Ewwwww, Clayton! God!"

Farzin
05-11-2010, 07:16 PM
From your description of the event I'm thinking the young kids were ****ing with the older one.

It could be. The two kids were already on bikes (I should have mentioned this) so it got confusing when they asked for their (third?) bike back. But I'd figure the older kid would at least have more maturity in him and handle things better, if he was the good guy. I remember when I was about 10 or 11, some kids that were 6, 7 and 8 were getting under my skin and pissed me off. But I kept control of myself and ignored them.

Again, I only saw a small portion of it, so I'm just as curious as you.

BigRedChief
05-11-2010, 07:20 PM
You tha man BRC!!!

Rep!!!oohhh I was far from a saint. I finally realized how wrong I was for using my size to torment others. I threw a baseball faster than anyone has seen before. Kids were scared to death to get in the batters box. They would literally get in the batters box crying. My issue was that I had no control. So, I figured out that if I hit someone early on, the rest of the game all I had to do was get it over the plate and I'd win. But one game I broke a kids arm with a fastball. I actually wasn't throwing at him, the pitch just got away because I sucked at control. But I realized that just because I didn't mean it that time, it was just a matter of time before i hurt someone on purpose. From that day forward I never again used my physical girth to bully or intimidate someone. And never allowed others to do it in front of me.

Farzin
05-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Do you go to KU?:D

No. I'm at a community college.

Buck
05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Thread Fail?

Farzin
05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't think I was ever really bullied per se, but I just got picked on a lot.

One time when the teacher was out of the room, this ornery, good looking ****er who got all the girls had a spiral notebook with a metal spiral on the spine. He started rubbing a pencil along the length of it, and it sounded like a fart.

After every faux fart, he said aloud "Ewwwww, Clayton! God!"

This one kid who I met in middle school shared a story that he once had a sharp pencil and had a kid sit on it. According to him, the kid was bleeding badly and he got suspended for a month (30 days.)

Sure-Oz
05-11-2010, 07:25 PM
oohhh I was far from a saint. I finally realized how wrong I was for using my size to torment others. I threw a baseball faster than anyone has seen before. Kids were scared to death to get in the batters box. They would literally get in the batters box crying. My issue was that I had no control. So, I figured out that if I hit someone early on, the rest of the game all I had to do was get it over the plate and I'd win. But one game I broke a kids arm with a fastball. I actually wasn't throwing at him, the pitch just got away because I sucked at control. But I realized that just because I didn't mean it that time, it was just a matter of time before i hurt someone on purpose. From that day forward I never again used my physical girth to bully or intimidate someone. And never allowed others to do it in front of me.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsNgRmsx-14&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsNgRmsx-14&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Farzin
05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I believe The Bad Guy said a couple times he's a teacher and he works with special students. I'd be curious to know what he thinks of the first story.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
There were no bullies involved, but I was one of those kids who changed in the bathroom stall after gym class.

NewChief
05-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I have a hard time believing that a college age guy would make fun of someone with Down's. I teach high school kids, and even they are pretty damned respectful and considerate of anyone who is obviously special needs.

Davechief
05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I love listening to bullys trying to talk tough. It makes me laugh. If Matrix were here, he'd laugh to.

Gonzo
05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
have faith my friend, there are lots of good people out there too.
Oh STFU and give me your lunch money, bitch.

:D
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
05-11-2010, 07:38 PM
There were no bullies involved, but I was one of those kids who changed in the bathroom stall after gym class.

What, were you afraid of the "sisters" or something?

(I hated changing in gym class too.)
Posted via Mobile Device

Farzin
I have a hard time believing that a college age guy would make fun of someone with Down's. I teach high school kids, and even they are pretty damned respectful and considerate of anyone who is obviously special needs.

I wish I went to your high school. One student enrolled in a class in which he worked with a special needs kid for one hour. Rather than helping him with his needs, he taught him cuss words and the kid actually cussed at students/teachers. Thankfully they were able to get him to stop saying it.

Hammock Parties
What, were you afraid of the "sisters" or something?

(I hated changing in gym class too.)
Posted via Mobile Device

No, I was a fat fuck who felt uncomfortable changing in front of others.

Gonzo
05-11-2010, 07:48 PM
No, I was a fat fuck who felt uncomfortable changing in front of others.

Yeah, I know. I went through that my freshman year. I was picked on a lot. The next year, I hit my growth spurt and went from 5 ft. 4, 165 lbs of tubby to 5 ft 10 and 175 lbs. I beat the fuck outta the main bully that would pick on me the 1st day of school.
I showed up and he looked at me, he said something like, "hey, it's fat-boy! Damn, you grew a bit!" Next thing he knew, he was picking up his front tooth and mopping up blood. I was suspended 3 days, my dad was quite proud.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
05-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I know. I went through that my freshman year. I was picked on a lot. The next year, I hit my growth spurt and went from 5 ft. 4, 165 lbs of tubby to 5 ft 10 and 175 lbs. I beat the **** outta the main bully that would pick on me the 1st day of school.
I showed up and he looked at me, he said something like, "hey, it's fat-boy! Damn, you grew a bit!" Next thing he knew, he was picking up his front tooth and mopping up blood. I was suspended 3 days, my dad was quite proud.
Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't it fun to settle those scores? :D

Farzin
05-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I know. I went through that my freshman year. I was picked on a lot. The next year, I hit my growth spurt and went from 5 ft. 4, 165 lbs of tubby to 5 ft 10 and 175 lbs. I beat the **** outta the main bully that would pick on me the 1st day of school.
Posted via Mobile Device:clap: Surprising you got suspended, although you beat up the kid, which I still support because he deserved it. But teachers suck at preventing bullying. In my HS, they would usually ask if stuff like this ever happens and most kids respond with "I never see stuff like that happening, and if there is, I usually stop it." which is total BS.

pr_capone
05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
But teachers suck at preventing bullying. In my HS, they would usually ask if stuff like this ever happens and most kids respond with "I never see stuff like that happening, and if there is, I usually stop it." which is total BS.

I had some kids running around in gym class one day touching a student who is Autistic and then trying to touch one another with his "germs". I put a stop to that real quick.

Those were 3rd graders though.

Any time I see or hear abuse of any sort, I stop it. That is no BS.

Gonzo
05-11-2010, 08:46 PM
:clap: Surprising you got suspended, although you beat up the kid, which I still support because he deserved it. But teachers suck at preventing bullying. In my HS, they would usually ask if stuff like this ever happens and most kids respond with "I never see stuff like that happening, and if there is, I usually stop it." which is total BS.
Well, it was on the 1st day of school and the PE teacher didn't know the history from the previous year. (That and I put the kid in the dentist chair)
Posted via Mobile Device

warpaint*
05-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Perhaps John was standing a little too close to a grenade going off while in the army and his brain was damaged. An ass kicking is in order for that douchebag.

BIG K
05-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I know I posted this in another thread a while back about bullies, but I will share it again for humor.
When I was in fourth grade, there was this bully in sixth grade David Webster who used to chase everyone around and kick their ass after school. One day, I had to stay after school because my mom would be late. This dickhead targeted my fresh ass and wanted to pummel me. I remember running behind the mound of dirt and cinder blocks that the school was prepping for a new handball court.

I remember him saying that he was going to kill me, at that point, I picked up one of the cinder blocks and threw it at him. It hit him square in the leg and fractured it. As he laid their crying, I began to kick him and then punch him in the face. Strangeley enough, a yard duty lady showed up.

I received two weeks off from school for my terrible behaivor to another student......

Hammock Parties
05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
This dickhead targeted my fresh ass

Are you sure you don't have latent homosexuality issues?

BIG K
05-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Are you sure you don't have latent homosexuality issues?

:D Try as you will, never gonna happen!:)

BIG_DADDY
05-11-2010, 11:45 PM
I don't believe the first story, period.

Farzin
05-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Perhaps John was standing a little too close to a grenade going off while in the army and his brain was damaged. An ass kicking is in order for that douchebag.

:eek: That could be a possibility.

CoMoChief
05-12-2010, 07:39 AM
So this guy's in college and he's still trying to pick on people in class? :spock:

Let alone someone w/ DS? What a complete ****ing tool. I probably would have bitch slapped that guy in front of everyone.

MOhillbilly
05-12-2010, 07:45 AM
bunch of fuckin pussies.

Brock
05-12-2010, 08:11 AM
The first guy isn't a bully. He's just a dickhead.

KCFLAKE
05-12-2010, 08:22 AM
To fix a problem with a bully you have to start by warning the bully and their parents. If this sensible approach does not work then you find the parent of the bully and kick their ass.

Sofa King
05-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Never really had a bully problem in our school...

except when that dead leg epidemic went around... but then again, everyone was doing that.... pick someone, walk up to them, and drive your knee into their thigh when they weren't paying attention...

it was a bully/prick move, but everyone had it happen to them... at least the ones not paying attention... hell, some of them got double dead leg from each side...

it's really their friend's fault... they could have stopped it, but noone wanted to be "that guy" that stopped impending epic dead legs, even if the victim was their friend.... knowing they would be next...

Chiefnj2
05-12-2010, 08:24 AM

Was this answered?

Bob Dole
05-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Was this answered?

This. Bob Dole was just wondering the same thing.

R8RFAN
05-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Trailer Park Camero driving bullies are the kind I like to beat the hell out of

Farzin
05-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Was this answered?

This. Bob Dole was just wondering the same thing.

Really? It's not that hard. I answered it already, but if anyone is really curious: He takes the pre-requisite classes and passes them. Those classes go step-by-step when it comes to writing. Then he gets into a composition class. I thought that stuff was common sense..

Farzin
05-12-2010, 08:42 AM
So this guy's in college and he's still trying to pick on people in class? :spock:

Let alone someone w/ DS? What a complete ****ing tool. I probably would have bitch slapped that guy in front of everyone.

Exactly. I graduated from high school for almost a year and I'm really stunned by the amount of immaturity by college students. I'm only at a community college, simply because it's cheaper as well as an opportunity that is given to Freshman and Sophomore's that four-year schools do not allow.

Chiefnj2
05-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Really? It's not that hard. I answered it already, but if anyone is really curious: He takes the pre-requisite classes and passes them. Those classes go step-by-step when it comes to writing. Then he gets into a composition class. I thought that stuff was common sense..

Let me ask another stupid question, how do you know the guy has Down's Syndrome?

Farzin
05-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Let me ask another stupid question, how do you know the guy has Down's Syndrome?

I won't specify details, but when I covered HS football, I noticed he was on one of the teams. Plus, my broadcasting teacher from my Senior year and I had to critique stories and shows from other schools in the area that do a TV broadcast for their school and one student did a story on him.

NewChief
05-12-2010, 08:57 AM

People with DS are pretty damned distinct in appearance.

tooge
05-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I don't believe the first story, period.

Farzin, a person with Downs in a college comp class? Perhaps you are a retard and nobody ever had the heart to tell you. You just think you are in college.

Lumpy
05-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I only had a problem with 1 bully when I was in school. She messed with me in 4th grade, then she moved away. Low and behold, she moved back when I was in 9th grade.

This chick made my life a living hell, (followed me home w/ or w/o her goons, taunted me in front of everyone, etc.). Finally, one day at lunch, I got sick of her shit and called her a hoe. She stood up and slapped me... it was on! I hammered her face with my fist multiple times and did a sweep on her leg to make her fall backwards. When she hit the ground, I continued punching her in the face.

Keep in mind, I was 5'4" 110 lbs, whereas she was around 6' and 180 lbs. The fight was broken up by the principal. We were both led to the office. She was bloody and crying. I was shaking and cussing out the principal. We both got suspended for a week, but when my dad showed up he told the principal that he was taking me out of that school. He was pissed that the school was told numerous times about her bullying me and did nothing about it. So that was that.

Chiefnj2
05-12-2010, 10:18 AM
People with DS are pretty damned distinct in appearance.

I agree, but I think it might be unusual for people with Down's Syndrome to take college level classes, plus the answer the kid gave the guy seemed pretty complete. Additionally, Farzin's story about the kids and the bikes makes no sense whatsoever leading me to question Farzin's level of intelligence.

Chiefnj2
05-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I only had a problem with 1 bully when I was in school. She messed with me in 4th grade, then she moved away. Low and behold, she moved back when I was in 9th grade.

This chick made my life a living hell, (followed me home w/ or w/o her goons, taunted me in front of everyone, etc.). Finally, one day at lunch, I got sick of her shit and called her a hoe. She stood up and slapped me... it was on! I hammered her face with my fist multiple times and did a sweep on her leg to make her fall backwards. When she hit the ground, I continued punching her in the face.

This story would be so much better if you were a guy.

Lumpy
05-12-2010, 10:25 AM
This story would be so much better if you were a guy.

Ok, well, sorry I don't have a nutsack. LMAO But hey, if it wasn't for my buddy, (a guy), teaching me kick-boxing a few months before this happened, I would be sharing a different story.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
I remember this calculus class in college, we had this retarded in there that always got picked on.

MOhillbilly
05-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I remember this calculus class in college, we had this retarded in there that always got picked on.

I read this right as i had to answer the phone.

kepp
05-12-2010, 11:12 AM

That and your Boba Fett helmet wouldn't fit.