PDA

View Full Version : Life Man i'm tired.

Over-Head
05-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Just finished a 24 day adventure in a house that saw me go 21 stright (starting from another project) into it, stright into anotherm one.

Oh boy am I glutton for punishment.
The house I started got ...ahhh a bit bigger.
They added another floor.
Normally I wouldn't mind, I figured ok, 9 days tops, gives me 2-3 days to spare smaller one 2100sq/ft 2 floors, 3 stairwells, 1 wicked high entrence ceiling.No sweat.
Spare? Spare for what?
Oh....after 3 months of working 3500miles away from my family, i'm flying home Sat 22 for "may 24" bigger than christmass back on teh "Rock"

Now comes the wammy.
I just came off 21 days stright, took a day and a half off.
Finished a monster that tore my shoulders apart. (12,000 board sq/ft and I DONT use any auto taping tools) plus custom ceiling work.
My back was SHOT, knees are killing me.
I book a smaller one, no biggie, gonna relax through this one, finisher er up and head home for a week.

Sounds good right?
Well after punching 3, 18hour days I took a "normally would take me 13-15days" and have chopped it back to 11.
Great huhhh?
A tired man wants to go home get er' done!!
I got 9 days left.
I figure if I can make up another day Sat/Sun, and another one Mon/Tues
I should be ok to wrap it up by late thursday eairly Friday head out 7am Sat morning :)

Holy shit I hurt in places I didn't know I had anymore :doh!:

PS:
F*** was I ever glad to see the main floor wasn't dry at 3pm today when I came down from the top floor.

PPS:
I ran out of room in my diary, been keeping a hard copy ment to get another, but whatever,,,no time.
I've been keeping a jurnel/diary for years, and well, this is kinda one of those weeks, that well, is gonna happen so fast I wont remember to write it down so I can put it on my computer at home.

1 MORE SLEEP AND I GO HOME

Otter
05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LfuSegYb4AM/Sja1OO7ul4I/AAAAAAAAALc/nM3bM5lepow/s400/BeavisTheMethHead.jpg
METH

Gonzo
05-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Man, I couldn't imagine working like that. You're a trooper, dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
05-13-2010, 04:40 PM
So that's where Jamarcus' work ethic disappeared to.

Bwana
05-13-2010, 05:04 PM
To the shed!

SAUTO
05-13-2010, 05:33 PM
To the shed!

im sure he hits that spot every day
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
I have no idea how you do it. You're the same age as me and my body won't allow me to grind like that anymore.

05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I have no idea how you do it. You're the same age as me and my body won't allow me to grind like that anymore.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=182
Put down the corn pipe and corn whiskey ;)

Bugeater
05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh like Over-head doesn't hit the corn pipe on occasion as well. :rolleyes:

05-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Oh like Over-head doesn't hit the corn pipe on occasion as well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but I'll bet he isnt wearing ickobod krane overalls when hes drinking and working on his deserted island ;)

Bugeater
05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, but I'll bet he isnt wearing ickobod krane overalls when hes drinking and working on his deserted island ;)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=42&pictureid=294

05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=42&pictureid=294

Dude ROFL Dole is a fucking maniac

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-13-2010, 07:17 PM
What a puss. I haven't had a day off in 24 years !

Bwana
05-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Dude ROFL Dole is a ****ing maniac

Maniac hell, I just got an unexplainable urge for a bucket of KFC, original recipe. :D

http://scrapetv.com/News/Images/kfc%20bucket%20of%20chicken.gif

bevischief
05-13-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=182

ROFL

Over-Head
05-13-2010, 08:25 PM

Ever see a pic of my lil guy?.
Sheer ****en will power

No seriously, got stung HARD in 09' by back to back contractors, $30K plus on 2 jobs.
Both still in legal working, but still.
I didn't spend 9 years to watch my company fold while 2 cocksuckers are living high on the hog at my expence. 1 even moved into the bouse he screwed me out of .
Pop wouldn't have done it, dad wouldn't have done it, how can I?:shake:

Over-Head
05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
To the shed!
Dude, B.C is just over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D

Over-Head
05-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Ok, up this morning at 3:30, it's 11:04, just ate, headding to bed, up tomorrow at 4 (it's sat i'm sleeping in damnit!)
Made up 3?4 of a day today, on the home stretch with the lower and bottem floor, top floor and Stairwell up to 75% but tomorrow night!

8 more sleeps, just 8 more sleeps I tell my self.
Got asked by the site super today who I had hired to help me, then she was commenting on teh scroll work I had done around the fireplace

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I also banged off a full custom "Acathus Scroll drop picture frame" (Both sides, and most of the exposed wall) around the main fireplace wall too, only took me 3 hours, I had budgetted in 5, which made it a fantastic day.

Got new perscription, all I can say is WOW, almost makes the pain in my neck and back from being in stilts for 5 hours stright today seconds coating ceilings.....thank god I don't have to skim them again, their getiing .....godforbid I sghould say it..(image a very pissed off Newfie) .
"Dat none good balakity blank POPCORN!"
Hate the stuff personall, as I see a ceiling as a blank canvas,,,,,but in this case

8 more sleeps!!!!!!!
And i'm go'n the **** home for a week

Over-Head
05-16-2010, 12:03 AM
6 mor sleeps.
Made up another day today, got the rtop floor second coated, main floor and lower staircase skimmed out, stairwell tomorrow along with the top floor skim.
Mind yiou it took 2 text's, and alarm clock, and a call from both a friend and whtr wife to get me out of bed this morning.
Projected finish dated is not Friday.
I should be able to shorten that up by another day to Thurs, or even late Wed nigfht if I can actually stay on my feet.
My shoulders have given out, my knees are about to comnmit a "Quebec seperation" from my leggs , my back no longerr hurts as I cant feel it, and my neck hates me.
But in 162hours, 51 mins, and 13 seconds I"LL BE HOME

Over-Head
05-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Have I mentioned yet i'm an absolute glutton for punishment?
I came in the house last night at 7pm, been on the go since 4:30am, here's the "bro" with 24 of one beer, and 18 of another in the fridge.
Tossesed me a "Keiths" and said welcome hoome.
At this point I knew no good was to come of it.
We sat on the deck and after 30 odd beer between us, so many highschool stories we were both in ift of laughter over, I fell asleep,
right in the middle of the conversation at about 1:00am.
All I herad him say was wake up for one more beer then go to bed.
Handed me a beer, and said "drop your quarter, take the ride"
Ok, in for a penny in for a pound. :banghead:
5 hours sleep, and at it again.

Man I was hating my "bro" by 10am,
And my self even more by lunchtime.
Just came through the door, tired doesn't even come close.
Haven't felt this beat since back in my trucking days, but at least I had a mit full to toss back and re-tain high greear, all I got these days is sheer willower and redbull.:doh!:

Anther 2-3 hours on the second floor upper wall angles,
Another trip up the stairwell from hell,
And I figure by lunch time tomorrrow I should be starting a dance marathon with my Pole Sander.
I did in fact manage to catch up 5 days in the last 4.
I'm beat, I can't even begin to describe how dry my eyes are, coining the phrase "pizz holes in the snow" only red (and no not from my last cannon either)
Muscle aches start in both lower calfs, and continue to the top skull plate.
I can actually feel my left rotator cup grinding while I swing my pole sander or hawk around. Not realy sure how many more times I can actually life my tool box outa the back of the truck.
Neck, I think it's still attatched, my eyes are sore from rolling up, can't hardly move it up anymore Throat hurts lie hell from being stretched upright for 36 of the last 42 days.
Just looked at my time sheet, (I keep one for my self even though I own the co.) 92.5 hours on site working since Tuesday morning 11am.
No fucken wonder last night near killed me. :banghead:

But goddamn, 6 more sleeps and i'm going home :thumb:

cdcox
05-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Hang in there, OH.

I've done my share of crazy work hours but it was proposals, papers and reports, not physical labor. But I've even given up the all nighters and back-to-back-to-back 18 hour days. I decided that stuff is a young-man's game and that I just don't have it in me anymore.

teedubya
05-16-2010, 07:04 PM
ALmost there....

http://gotwavs.com/0059305935/MP3S/Movies/Star_Wars_Episode_IV_A_New_Hope/almostthere.mp3

http://www.vegatransports.com.au/starwars/OTC/death_star_trench.jpg

Over-Head
05-17-2010, 06:38 AM
I decided that stuff is a young-man's game and that I just don't have it in me anymore.
Starting to feel that way, too tired to think stright. Although I did flop down on my bed last night at 7:30pm, didn't know a thing till a few mins ago at 6 when I got up.
Guess I was tired

Over-Head
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Just now walked into the "bro's" house, first time I landed here before 9pm in a longgggg while.

Got handed a gift from GOD today.
See the home owners were undescided on which ceilkings they wanted some custom work on "IF" they could fit it in the budget. (Its their first new house) I did a few things "just because" and was planning on giving them "paint grade" finish ceilings.
They were sitting out front of the house when I got there at 7am (over slept today...gee wonder why??) we had a really nice talk, but they had wanted to thank me for all my hard work, but the budget allowed for "knockdown texture" through, even though they had really wanted some of my custom work.
To me thats a grate client! They came personally, we had a great conversation, and they left happy.
Me, they didn't see the tear running down my eye when they left.
I was planning on finish skimming ALL the ceilings today after I skimmed out teh main stairwell.
With their chioce they just knocked 3 days off my time, I got the lower part off the main floor, lower staircase, and MAIN floor sanded out and light checked by 1pm.
The only reason I couldn't finish up today is because I NEVER sand a skim I put on in the same work day.
Not only did I finish this house up in record time for myself, but I can actually have 2 days off before I get home to recover.

HOLY FUCK I"M TIRED
This cold beer and hot shower before I pass out in bed is gonna feel mighty good and sweet.

5 more sleeps, 5 more sleeps, 5 more sleeps

Over-Head
05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I finished sweeping up at 2pm, 7 days after I started, 9800sq/walls finished paint grade, ceilings 2 coats over tape.
I'm going the fuck to bed as soon as I have a shower, and I pitty the fool wqho tries to wake me up.
Last time I was this beat out, was during my trucking career. At least then I had a bag of pills to get me past midnight. Now a days it's redbull and coffee.

House is Done, bags are packed, taking shower and going to bed, wake me up when it's 5 am Sat. :thumb:

Over-Head
05-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Ok, 14 and a half hours to take off.
a little over 24 witha 3 hr layover in Toronto and I'm home.
Not excited now am I??? :)

bevischief
05-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Ok, 14 and a half hours to take off.
a little over 24 witha 3 hr layover in Toronto and I'm home.
Not excited now am I??? :)

:toast:

LOCOChief
05-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Ok, up this morning at 3:30, it's 11:04, just ate, headding to bed, up tomorrow at 4 (it's sat i'm sleeping in damnit!)
Made up 3?4 of a day today, on the home stretch with the lower and bottem floor, top floor and Stairwell up to 75% but tomorrow night!

8 more sleeps, just 8 more sleeps I tell my self.
Got asked by the site super today who I had hired to help me, then she was commenting on teh scroll work I had done around the fireplace

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I also banged off a full custom "Acathus Scroll drop picture frame" (Both sides, and most of the exposed wall) around the main fireplace wall too, only took me 3 hours, I had budgetted in 5, which made it a fantastic day.

Got new perscription, all I can say is WOW, almost makes the pain in my neck and back from being in stilts for 5 hours stright today seconds coating ceilings.....thank god I don't have to skim them again, their getiing .....godforbid I sghould say it..(image a very pissed off Newfie) .
"Dat none good balakity blank POPCORN!"
Hate the stuff personall, as I see a ceiling as a blank canvas,,,,,but in this case

8 more sleeps!!!!!!!
And i'm go'n the **** home for a week

NO POPCORN!