PDA

View Full Version : Poop Star Wars Themed Dodgers Games

cardken
05-13-2010, 08:50 PM
L.A. Dodgers host 'Star Wars' night? Just call it 'The Umpire Strikes Back'
May 12, 2010 | 5:58 pm

Darth Vader is scary

The Los Angeles Dodgers will celebrate the 30th anniversary of "The Empire Strikes Back" by using lightsabers during their at-bats -- nah, actually that's completely untrue, I just like the visual.

Chewbacca baseball But the True Blue ballclub is marking the May 21 anniversary of "Empire" with a major promotion during their game against the Detroit Tigers.

Chewbacca is throwing out the first pitch. The first 20,000 fans in attendance will receive a "numbered, limited-edition, foil-stamped 30th anniversary poster featuring iconic 'Empire' images coupled with a custom version of the Dodgers 'This is My Town' logo."

Fans seated in certain sections will get Boba Fett T-shirts. Stormtroopers, Yoda, R2-D2 and other characters will also take photos with fans in Autograph Alley

There will also be "Star Wars"-themed menu items with Boba Burgers, Darth Tater Chips and Ice Sabers, which sounds sillier than anything I could have made up. There's other stuff, too, and you get all the details and purchase tickets at www.dodgers.com/starwars or buy them by calling 1-866-DODGERS.

-- Geoff Boucher

Buck
05-13-2010, 08:51 PM
inb4 GoChiefs books his ticket to LA