PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football More Dynasty League trade advice..

The Bad Guy
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
I made the Jones-Drew deal last week that I discussed on here.

Today, I was offered Aaron Rodgers and Matt Forte for Frank Gore and a 4th round pick in 2011 and a swap of his 5th rounder for my 4th rounder htis year (it's the difference of 6 spots).

Now, Rodgers was the 2nd highest scoring player in this league last year so he outscores Gore. Can I get by with having MJD and Forte as my starting backs?

I countered with Devery Henderson, Gore, and a 2nd rounder next year for Aaron and Jamal Charles, but the guy loves Charles so I doubt he bites.

Would you take the deal with the hope Forte shapes up with Martz? I know Chester Taylor is there now.

If I do this deal, I'm going to try to spin Eli Manning into a wide receiver.

FD
05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Thats tough. Rodgers is one of the top players in fantasy but Forte was really awful last year. Watching Bears' games he just didn't have it. I think if anything Martz coming in will hurt him too. As tempting as Rodgers is I would turn this down just because RB's are much more important.

Also, Gore could have some good years ahead with Davis and Iupatui (?) drafted in the 1st.

The Franchise
05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Post your team again.

The Bad Guy
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Thats tough. Rodgers is one of the top players in fantasy but Forte was really awful last year. Watching Bears' games he just didn't have it. I think if anything Martz coming in will hurt him too. As tempting as Rodgers is I would turn this down just because RB's are much more important.

Also, Gore could have some good years ahead with Davis and Iupatui (?) drafted in the 1st.

He definitely could. Rodgers did score 100 more points than he did this year though.

Since I have Jones-Drew, I could start 4 WRs instead of another RB if need be. Right now I have Calvin Johnson, DeSean, Driver and Devery Henderson. I think I could get Mike Wallace for Eli too.

Forte was awful, no way aruond that, but Gore only scored 50 more points than he did last year. Plus, Gore is going to be 27 when the season rolls around and his shelf life isn't going to be forever. Decisions. Decisions.

The Bad Guy
05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Post your team again.

QB- Eli, Chad Henne
RB- MJD, Ricky Williams, Bradshaw, Gore, James Davis, Willie Parker
WR- Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Devery Henderson, Donald Driver, Mike Williams (rookie), Brandon Tate
TE- Brent Celek, Ben Watson

The Franchise
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
What are the available free agents?

Willie Parker isn't really worthy of a roster spot at this point.

The Bad Guy
05-14-2010, 11:13 AM
What are the available free agents?

Willie Parker isn't really worthy of a roster spot at this point.

Nothing really.

I'll cut bait with Parker when the season starts. I have 10 open spots right now.

If I trade this for Aaron Rodgers and Forte, I will be trading Chad Henne for Mike Wallace. So I'd have DeSean, Calvin and Wallace.

I'm leaning toward taking this Forte/Rodgers offer.

The Franchise
05-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Rodgers is worth the slip from Gore to Forte.

The Bad Guy
05-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Guy took down the offer. I re-proposed it. We'll see what happens.

Brent Williams
05-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Gore was also hurt some last year and was out a couple games so that took his production down a bit to. Forte also has to split carries with Chester Taylor.