PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Move Vrabel inside.

Ralphy Boy
05-14-2010, 07:17 PM
What could it hurt? Let Studebaker start outside and put Vrabel in the middle. I think we can all recognize that Vrabel is going to be here for at least another year, so why not let Andy start outside and let Vrabel move inside like he did, and pretty well I might add, in New England when Bruschi was injured?

We did almost nothing to improve our LB's this offseason and have very little hope at NT on the roster right now. Studebaker had 24 solo tackles in limited playing time to Vrabel's 44.

If you don't think Vrabel should move inside, why not?

OnTheWarpath15
05-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd rather he move to the fucking bench.

-King-
05-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Move him to the street.

HotRoute
05-14-2010, 07:49 PM
There really isn't anyway he doesn't start, we kinda have to face it that he is one of the better players on the defense and that isn't saying much. On the other hand studabaker shows a lot of promise and should be starting at some point this season. It will be interesting to watch how the linebacker play works out this year with the arrival of crennel.

OnTheWarpath15
05-14-2010, 07:53 PM
There really isn't anyway he doesn't start, we kinda have to face it that he is one of the better players on the defense and that isn't saying much. On the other hand studabaker shows a lot of promise and should be starting at some point this season. It will be interesting to watch how the linebacker play works out this year with the arrival of crennel.

We don't have to "face" anything, because he's not one of our better players.

He's fucking abysmal.

Just like LJ, Goff and Brown. Guys who had no business seeing the field, yet started for most, and in Brown's case all of the season.

chiefs1111
05-14-2010, 07:56 PM

Id rather they just cut him

CarlPeterson_fan
05-14-2010, 08:05 PM
We just need to bring Gunther back to coach up the linebackers. That should solve everything. After all, having Gunther Cunningham coaching your linebackers is like having Picasso paint your house.LMAO

Mr. Laz
05-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Depends where Crennel thinks he can hide Vrabel's lack of speed

Berry is going to help that a bit too though

DaneMcCloud
05-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Move him off the roster

Mr. Laz
05-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Move him off the roster
as soon as his replacement Dexter McCluster is up to speed, maybe they will

:p

RealSNR
05-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Move him to the glue factory next to the AIDS tree

CaliforniaChief
05-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Move him to the Zachcercize bike?
http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/files/2009/03/lemond_fitness.jpg

Hammock Parties
05-14-2010, 11:33 PM
The sad thing about Studebaker is that Vrabel, even at the brokedick age of 57, is still a better pass rusher.

Go look at the Denver game, Vrabel got a lot of heat on Orton.

lostcause
05-15-2010, 12:41 AM
The correct question is this: what deity did the Chiefs horribly piss off to have to choose between Vrabel and Studebaker? I mean, name one other team that would even have this conversation?

DBOSHO
05-15-2010, 12:55 AM
The correct question is this: what deity did the Chiefs horribly piss off to have to choose between Vrabel and Studebaker? I mean, name one other team that would even have this conversation?

Mike vrabel is a pat vet. He will probably start until he decides to retire.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-15-2010, 04:23 AM

Yeah, because KC is the only team in the league to ever play a higher paid aging vet over a young guy :rolleyes: I don't agree with it, but let's not pretend they are reinventing the wheel here.

Buck's Dad
05-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Yeah let's move the best passrusher we got to the inside. Are you a fucking tool or what? Ignorant SOBs. Vrabel is going to single handedly keep this team in the playoff hunt defensively. With a little help from Berry. Batman and Robin. Bitches.

DWMeyer98
05-15-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm not really sure what I think about moving Vrabel to ILB.

My Pros:
He is definitely smart enough to make the switch. He will already know Crennel's defensive schemes and would probably be given the "green dot" helmet and be the defensive signal caller, something he is well qualified for. He is big and physical and seems to be a good leader/mentor for the defense.

My Cons:
He has gotten pretty slow, but his lack of straight line speed doesn't concern me as much as his inability to change direction quickly. He has always been intellectually gifted at football, but even in his prime he was probably less athletic than most of the players in our LB corps. He has a knack for pass rushing on the edge and would probably be fine at stopping the run on the inside, but he would almost certainly be a liability if he is asked to cover backs or athletic TEs on passing downs.

It is likely that opposing coaches no longer spend long hours game-planning about how to keep him from getting in their backfield. I'm afraid that if moved to ILB they would begin to game-plan around abusing him in pass coverage.

milkman
05-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Yeah let's move the best passrusher we got to the inside. Are you a ****ing tool or what? Ignorant SOBs. Vrabel is going to single handedly keep this team in the playoff hunt defensively. With a little help from Berry. Batman and Robin. Bitches.

Wow!

Just Wow!

Does it hurt to be this stupid?

aturnis
05-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Wow!

Just Wow!

Not so sure he wasn't kidding. He did mention Batman and Robin....? :shrug:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Move his ass to Nantuckett, please...

ChiefsCountry
05-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Of course we could have had a legit MLB and QB if we hadn't traded for his piece of shit ass last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Wow!

Just Wow!

LMAO

It must be CP-Saturday!

Seriously, is this the guy that's going to keep DJ off the field? I mean really...:facepalm:

whoman69
05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Vrabel will probably become a situational player for the Chiefs this year. We have to keep him fresh. Experience will only get someone so far.

Ralphy Boy
05-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Seriously, is this the guy that's going to keep DJ off the field? I mean really...:facepalm:

Part of my thinking was that they'd play DJ next to Vrabel in hopes of his leadership & knowledge rubbing off on him.

Reerun_KC
05-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Of course we could have had a legit MLB and QB if we hadn't traded for his piece of shit ass last year.

How can you say this would be true? Do you have a link?

lostcause
05-16-2010, 04:02 AM
Yeah, because KC is the only team in the league to ever play a higher paid aging vet over a young guy :rolleyes: I don't agree with it, but let's not pretend they are reinventing the wheel here.

It's more to the point of the fact that most teams have talent at this position that wouldn't incorporate having both of these guys on the roster.

Pushead2
05-16-2010, 04:56 AM
fuck you Mike Vrabel

boogblaster
05-16-2010, 08:43 AM
He's prolly around for another season .. he should help any young LBers we might happen to find .....

milkman
05-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Part of my thinking was that they'd play DJ next to Vrabel in hopes of his leadership & knowledge rubbing off on him.

DJ is what he is, and nothing is going to change that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2010, 01:04 PM

DJ is what he is, and nothing is going to change that.

As long as he's not keeping DJ off the field. You put 'em both together, and you might have one servicable LB who can make a big play now and then.

Maybe.

Aw fuckit; meh.