PDA

View Full Version : News Prince of Pot to be extradited to USA for selling seeds

Johnny Vegas
05-19-2010, 04:41 AM
a $200 fine in Canada he'll spend up to 5 years for selling marijuana seeds over the internet to the USA.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/2010/05/10/Its-Official-
Conservatives-Extradite-Marc-Emery

CANNABIS CULTURE - The order to extradite marijuana activist Marc Emery to the United States for an expected five-year prison term has been signed by the Canadian Minister of Justice, Rob Nicholson.

CLICK HERE for more information about how to HELP MARC EMERY!

Cannabis Culture has learned that Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Conservative Party of Canada made their decision shortly after Emery turned himself in to Canadian authorities this morning: The Prince of Pot will be handed over to the United States for selling marijuana seeds over the Internet.

READ THE JUSTICE MINISTER'S LETTER CONFIRMING HIS DECISION (PDF)

Click here for info about the Saturday May 22 FREE MARC EMERY world-wide protest, and add your city to the list! More info added daily!

"I am absolutely devastated that this Conservative government has opted to send my husband, a Canadian citizen, to the United States for a 'crime' that amounts to a $200 dollar fine in Canada," said Marc's wife Jodie Emery. "This case is about silencing my Husband for his marijuana activism. This Conservative government has declared a culture war in Canada and my husband is it's latest victim."

Marc spoke to reporters outside of the downtown Vancouver Law Courts before turning himself in, and said orders to extradite him would be the equivalent of outsourcing our justice system. He said he hopes some good comes from his imprisonment.

"If he sends me away, it will anger millions of Americans and millions of Canadians," he told the press. "I need them to be angry, otherwise we won’t get any change on this drug war."

Marc's lawyer and fellow marijuana activist Kirk Tousaw told Cannabis Culture that in all likelihood, Marc would be sent south across the border by the end of the week where he will eventually appear before a sentencing judge. Marc is expected to be sentenced to five years as part of a plea deal arranged with American prosecutors.

Opting to wait until Marc was in custody on a bail technicality, Nicholson sent the order to Marc's lawyers shortly after he entered custody. Marc had expected to be out on bail again today as the Justice Minister was expected to request another extension on the controversial move.

Marc's case started in 2005 when American Authorities raided his Vancouver store and offices with the help of the Vancouver Police Department. Marc, whose business sold marijuana seeds to "Overgrow the Government" donated all the proceeds of his business to various activism groups working to legalize marijuana and medical marijuana.

"Today's decision is another step in Canada's adoption of the failed and harmful drug war approach that, ironically, the American government is moving away from," said Tousaw. "Canadians are deeply opposed to this extradition and the outsourcing of Canadian criminal justice policy. This unpopular decision is sure to hurt the Conservative government at the ballot box in the next election. Mr. Emery is resolute and told me, from his jail cell, to never give up the fight for cannabis freedom."

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3sK5X-UTx0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3sK5X-UTx0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fritz88
05-19-2010, 04:59 AM
I wonder how many people die from weed in comparison to people who die from DUI.

This is not going to end well to the Canadian government.

mikey23545
05-19-2010, 05:51 AM
"This case is about silencing my Husband for his marijuana activism. This Conservative government has declared a culture war in Canada and my husband is it's latest victim."

No, this is about having to pay the price for breaking the law - a law you were absolutely aware of and chose to break anyway for financial gain. Quit your whining.

mikey23545
05-19-2010, 05:52 AM
I wonder how many people die from weed in comparison to people who die from DUI.

Yeah, and you can serve time for breaking DUI laws as well...So what's you're point?

Scorp
05-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Marijuana should be legal. Putting these guys in prison is absurd.

blazzin311
05-19-2010, 06:09 AM

:thumb:

Braincase
05-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Yeah, and you can serve time for breaking DUI laws as well...So what's you're point?

I think his point is that alcohol is legal.

blaise
05-19-2010, 06:32 AM

I agree, but he's a dumbass. Hooray, you're a "pot activist", enjoy prison. There's other ways he could have tried promoting his cause without selling stuff over the internet to the U.S. (which is what I'm assuming he did).

Ugly Duck
05-19-2010, 06:41 AM
No, this is about having to pay the price for breaking the law - a law you were absolutely aware of and chose to break anyway for financial gain.

No, not for financial gain - he gave all proceeds to activist groups. This is about anti-prohibition activism. Like when Susan B. Anthony got arrested for voting. Her address to the court before sentencing remains one of the most powerful speeches in American history. That's what this guy is shooting for.

Old Dog
05-19-2010, 06:42 AM
OK, maybe it should be legal (I don't think so, but "legalize it" folks are most certainly entitled to their opinion), but the fact is IT ISN'T.

mikey23545
05-19-2010, 06:44 AM
OK, maybe it should be legal (I don't think so, but "legalize it" folks are most certainly entitled to their opinion), but the fact is IT ISN'T.

Exactly.

Want to change the law? Go for it.

Want to serve time to make your point? Go for it.

jidar
05-19-2010, 07:03 AM
"This case is about silencing my Husband for his marijuana activism. This Conservative government has declared a culture war in Canada and my husband is it's latest victim."

No, this is about having to pay the price for breaking the law - a law you were absolutely aware of and chose to break anyway for financial gain. Quit your whining.

It's a $200 fine in Canada.
How would you like it if you broke a liquor law in the US that required you to pay a fine and the US Extradited you to say... Saudi Arabia where you had to do 5 years?

Swanman
05-19-2010, 07:10 AM
If this is the same guy that was in the movie "Super High Me", he is a bit of a kook. With that said, he shouldn't be extradited. Our country has bigger fish to fry.

Old Dog
05-19-2010, 07:16 AM
It's a $200 fine in Canada.
How would you like it if you broke a liquor law in the US that required you to pay a fine and the US Extradited you to say... Saudi Arabia where you had to do 5 years?

If I knowingly sent liquor to somewhere it was illegal, by all means jail it is. Of couse I'm not going to knowingly do it either. This dude knew WTF he was doing and chose to do it anyway.

MOhillbilly
05-19-2010, 07:30 AM
lots of things should be legal, pot is just one of em.

patteeu
05-19-2010, 07:46 AM

Do you spend a lot of time caring about whether some foreign government considers your actions illegal? I know I don't.

For example, if Iran considered it illegal for a foreigner to post news about the unrest in their country on the internet, would you respect their law and refrain from posting such news if you would otherwise be inclined to do so?

patteeu
05-19-2010, 07:53 AM
If I knowingly sent liquor to somewhere it was illegal, by all means jail it is. Of couse I'm not going to knowingly do it either. This dude knew WTF he was doing and chose to do it anyway.

There have been a lot of Americans who have surreptitiously sent alcohol to American GIs who are serving in countries where alcohol is prohibited. Would it be your position that the US government should turn over both the people who sent the contraband and the soldiers who recieved it to foreign authorities for punishment?

Brock
05-19-2010, 08:14 AM
There have been a lot of Americans who have surreptitiously sent alcohol to American GIs who are serving in countries where alcohol is prohibited. Would it be your position that the US government should turn over both the people who sent the contraband and the soldiers who recieved it to foreign authorities for punishment?

This. I've sent many a bottle to Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. Maybe I deserve to have my hands cut off.

MOhillbilly
05-19-2010, 08:15 AM

thats terrible sending alcohol to GIs stationed over seas. The last thing they need is to enjoy a buzz on some down time.
Peanut butter jars.

CoMoChief
05-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Fucking dumb.

Just make pot legal.

soundmind
05-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Technically speaking, oral and anal sex are also illegal. However, there's not really a profitable "war" to be had against it, so it's let be.

Drugs are addictive. That all by itself should probably be a deterrent, but there enters a conversation on alcohol and cigarettes and America has already chosen on that, we tried prohibition and according Ricky Bobby, we ended up with Nascar. Unless you want professional disc golf or ultimate frizbee, just let it go folks.

In concern of the countless mind altering substances on the planet (or in circulation even), marijuana is relatively harmless. I really don't see what the big stink is....our government just relies on a flux of income from "fighting the war on pot". Drugs are an issue, and a serious one, weed is not.

Pants
05-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Technically speaking, oral and anal sex are also illegal. However, there's not really a profitable "war" to be had against it, so it's let be.

Drugs are addictive. That all by itself should probably be a deterrent, but there enters a conversation on alcohol and cigarettes and America has already chosen on that, we tried prohibition and according Ricky Bobby, we ended up with Nascar. Unless you want professional disc golf or ultimate frizbee, just let it go folks.

In concern of the countless mind altering substances on the planet (or in circulation even), marijuana is relatively harmless. I really don't see what the big stink is....our government just relies on a flux of income from "fighting the war on pot". Drugs are an issue, and a serious one, weed is not.

Anima sana.

HemiEd
05-19-2010, 08:25 AM
If this is the same guy that was in the movie "Super High Me", he is a bit of a kook. With that said, he shouldn't be extradited. Our country has bigger fish to fry.

I agree, his story reminds me of Timothy Leary's.

Good luck to him, but I don't think he is going about it the right way.

He should follow the model that has worked in the past. Get elected to office, and sponsor legislation to change it.

The Timothy Leary route didn't work, and probably will never work.

Swanman
05-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Maybe the fugtards in our government should do a bit of analysis on potential tax proceeds from legalizing and taxing pot.

BigChiefFan
05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
We're bankrupt, anyway. How in the Hell can they utilize what little resources they have left on something frivalous? Freedom, my ass. I can't wait until these idealogical thugs are ousted from our government. The corruption is rampant and it's time to kick those fucks out.

Pants
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
We're bankrupt, anyway. How in the Hell can they utilize what little resources they have left on something frivalous? Freedom, my ass. I can't wait until these idealogical thugs are ousted from our government. The corruption is rampant and it's time to kick those ****s out.

The corruption you speak of is perfectly legal and will continue no matter how many current Congressmen you kick out. It's called lobbyism.

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 08:38 AM

YEP! couldnt agree with that statement more.
Here's the USA on the brink of an economic melt down, so why not waste a few more tax dollars instead of letting the COUNTRY THIS GUY LIVES IN take what ever action is necessary. :rolleyes:

Sorry guy's, IMO just another glaring case of the US political machine making sure to get it's headlines for jamming their nose in yet another fiasco that amounts to absolutly nothing.
The crime started in Canada, how about letting us deal with it?
Oh thats right, the mighty USA set's law's that the whole damn world has to follow....silly me I forgot.

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Do you spend a lot of time caring about whether some foreign government considers your actions illegal? I know I don't.

For example, if Iran considered it illegal for a foreigner to post news about the unrest in their country on the internet, would you respect their law and refrain from posting such news if you would otherwise be inclined to do so?:thumb:

Garcia Bronco
05-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Complete waste of time, energy, and money.

BigChiefFan
05-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Remind me when he's an American. We aren't the world police, no matter how much our thug government wants it so. It's a fine in a Canada, so he's done very little wrong, yet the morality police want to force our laws on other countries.
So much for Obama going easy on Marijuana. I'm sick of his lies and our bullshit government.

Pants
05-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Remind me when he's an American. We aren't the world police, no matter how much our thug government wants it so. It's a fine in a Canada, so he's done very little wrong, yet the morality police want to force our laws on other countries.
So much for Obama going easy on Marijuana. I'm sick of his lies and our bullshit government.

Well, I agree in principle but they guy DID sell ganj seeds to people in the US.

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, I agree in principle but they guy DID sell ganj seeds to people in the US.
And US growers sell it back to us...your point?

Pants
05-19-2010, 08:53 AM
And US growers sell it back to us...your point?

My point is that US wasn't really being the world police on this one. It's not like the guy was only selling seeds to Canadians and US got pissed and decided to extradite him, lol.

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 08:56 AM
My point is that US wasn't really being the world police on this one. It's not like the guy was only selling seeds to Canadians and US got pissed and decided to extradite him, lol.
So how many seed sellers in Amsterdamn are the US going after

BigChiefFan
05-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Go after him for Pot Seeds? Wow, fuck our economy, we've got the seedman in custody. Glad we've got our priorities in order.

Simply Red
05-19-2010, 08:59 AM

my point is:

pick it up, pack it up, pass it around.

Pants
05-19-2010, 09:02 AM
So how many seed sellers in Amsterdamn are the US going after

Are they selling it to US residents via Internet?

Simply Red
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM

not sure, but 'side-note' - you can buy an ass load of vicodin via web Canadian Pharmacy. Pill-heads take note. :evil:

BigChiefFan
05-19-2010, 09:07 AM
In other news, the market is tanking, we're broke, and there's no end in site. Glad they used vital resources to nab the guy who sold seeds to those that WANTED them enough to purchase the products. He's a criminal, I tell you, the law says so. The law in a country that he isn't a citizen of.

BigChiefFan
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
...don't destroy the Poppy Fields in Afghanistan, but go after the seedman. The war on drugs is more like a monopoly on illegal drugs funded by our tax dollars. Do as we say, not as we do. Hypocrites deluxe. Land of the free my ass, it's over.

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Go after him for Pot Seeds? Wow, **** our economy, we've got the seedman in custody. Glad we've got our priorities in order.ROFL

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Are they selling it to US residents via Internet? Can`t conferm it, but i`d be a betting enough man to say YES

Simply Red
05-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Can`t conferm it, but i`d be a betting enough man to say YES

If I wanted to find some online, I'd bet the farm that I could. I agree.

Pants
05-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Can`t conferm it, but i`d be a betting enough man to say YES

I'm sure if it's happening, US is trying their hardest to extradite them too, they're just not famous enough to be written about in the papers.

ModSocks
05-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Have you guys seen some the bud he was growing? Holy crap man, his plants were crazy big. That sucks. Shrug, maybe he can deal pot in prison and run that bitch, lol.

blaise
05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I think the government is probably just as concerned about the commercial aspect of it, rather than just looking at it as a drug arrest. In their mind he's conducting illegal commerce, and if he's been using the US postal service to ship the seeds then it becomes a bigger concern for the government. You can call it petty and a waste of time, but I'm not going to feel the least bit sorry for the guy. He's stupid, there's no other way to describe it. He knew exactly what he was doing. You can't tell me that some guy who is a marijuana activist didn't know the US government didn't like what he was doing, and that the US considered it illegal.

BigChiefFan
05-19-2010, 09:38 AM
So? Again, it's not a crime punishable by jail time in the country that he is a citizen of. What about his rights? His government should hold their own laws above another country's laws.

bowener
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM

I'm sure you read the part about him being a Canadian citizen and this law he broke amounting to a $200 fine under Canadian law. Maybe the US should find a better way to screen mail coming into the country from foreign nations :shrug:

Brock
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM

Oh hell yes.

bowener
05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
...don't destroy the Poppy Fields in Afghanistan, but go after the seedman. The war on drugs is more like a monopoly on illegal drugs funded by our tax dollars. Do as we say, not as we do. Hypocrites deluxe. Land of the free my ass, it's over.

I wish I knew where to look to see how much money the DEA or FBI or whoever has spent trying to get this guy and how much money it will cost to prosecute him. I would imagine there will be a really good and really expenseive defense attorney that will take up his case for free.

HemiEd
05-19-2010, 09:45 AM
YEP! couldnt agree with that statement more.
Here's the USA on the brink of an economic melt down, so why not waste a few more tax dollars instead of letting the COUNTRY THIS GUY LIVES IN take what ever action is necessary. :rolleyes:

Sorry guy's, IMO just another glaring case of the US political machine making sure to get it's headlines for jamming their nose in yet another fiasco that amounts to absolutly nothing.
The crime started in Canada, how about letting us deal with it?
Oh thats right, the mighty USA set's law's that the whole damn world has to follow....silly me I forgot.

That is pretty fucking ugly, it reeks of hatred/jealousy of the U.S. I agree with the information available, that the Canadian Government should be handling this, but your statement says so much more.

So should the U.S. just take their guns and factories home? I am pretty certain Canada hitched their wagon to the U.S. a long time ago.

Swanman
05-19-2010, 09:50 AM
That is pretty ****ing ugly, it reeks of hatred/jealousy of the U.S. I agree with the information available, that the Canadian Government should be handling this, but your statement says so much more.

So should the U.S. just take their guns and factories home? I am pretty certain Canada hitched their wagon to the U.S. a long time ago.

I imagine if it was a country in Europe or South America, the country would tell to US to go f**k itself. But Canada is basically U.S.-North.

HC_Chief
05-19-2010, 09:53 AM
So? Again, it's not a crime punishable by jail time in the country that he is a citizen of. What about his rights? His government should hold their own laws above another country's laws.

I'm sure they do. I'm also sure they respect extradition agreements in place with the US government.

As far as DEA and investigation costs, those are arguably wasted tax dollars, but regardless of the case for/against, they are irrelevant: the agencies are performing their roles as mandated. If they are actively enforcing laws on the books, you(not you, specifically BCF; I mean the "collective 'you'" ;)) may bitch all you want: they're doing what they're supposed to do.

BIG_DADDY
05-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Your tax dollars hard at work. They have been going after this guy for what 10 years now? I wonder what the cost of all this will be when it's all said and done.

Reaper16
05-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Dumb.

Red Beans
05-19-2010, 09:58 AM

We've already got the PDGA! Full blow leagalization here we come. Invest in Hostess right now!

Cannibal
05-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Pot will not be legal in all 50 states until all people roughly 60-65 and older die off.

Cannibal
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I think it'll be legal in almost all states in about 25-30 years.

Cannibal
05-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Imagine the amount of money that will be lost in hemp production alone in that 30 year span. All because of some conservative dickwads.

BIG_DADDY
05-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Pot will not be legal in all 50 states until all people roughly 60-65 and older die off.

California or Oregon is going to legalize it soon. I don't know about this year but certainly within the next 5. It's on the ballot this year.

BIG_DADDY
05-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Nevada may surprise us as well.

Cannibal
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
California or Oregon is going to legalize it soon. I don't know about this year but certainly within the next 5. It's on the ballot this year.

I think that is awesome! But the rest of the country will not follow (especially midwest and southeast (red states) for another 25-30 years.

DumbHillbillies
05-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Total bullsh*t, the U.S. government drug war is complete hiprocrasy. What about all those colombian drug lords who import really harmful drugs, are they going to go after them, no. But they want to lock this guy up for selling marijuana seeds.

BIG_DADDY
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I think that is awesome! But the rest of the country will not follow (especially midwest and southeast (red states) for another 25-30 years.

Probably, hell I hear you can't even get a good lapdance out there anymore.

BIG_DADDY
05-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Total bullsh*t, the U.S. government drug war is complete hiprocrasy. What about all those colombian drug lords who import really harmful drugs, are they going to go after them, no. But they want to lock this guy up for selling marijuana seeds.

Hell he is lucky to be Canadian. If he was here they would have kicked down his door, shot the family pets and terroized his wife and son for a dime bag of weed.

POND_OF_RED
05-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Public Enemy Number One in custody. Good job guys. I feel safer today than I've ever felt in my life.

DumbHillbillies
05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Hell he is lucky to be Canadian. If he was here they would have kicked down his door, shot the family pets and terroized his wife and son for a dime bag of weed.

Yeah, really those blind dumbfck sheep piss me off.

Saccopoo
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM

It was legal. Up until the later part of the 1920's, the American government felt that it was of infintesimal concern. In fact, in a 1929 Department of the Treasury report, marijuana was dismissed as a minor infractionary substance that was deemed to have required no regulatory enforcement of it's possession and usage. However, when the government repealed prohibition, Harry Anslinger, a former Assistant Prohibition Commissioner, was appointed to Commisioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics in 1930 and immediately set out to change the mindset of Americans as they perceived marijuana.

With help and funding from friend and chemical mogul Henry DuPont (who was becoming increasingly anti-hemp for obvious reasons) and media magnet William Randolph Hearst, Anslinger waged a one-man war on marijuana which saw a multitude of government sponsored shock films (Refer Madness being the most famous), fake research and fabricated journalism articles to coerce the American public into a negative mindset about marijuana.

Notable Anslinger quotes:

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.

Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.

Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing.

Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men.

...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.

He was an intolerant racist and narrow minded, dogmatic idealogue that was acting on the whims of a burgeoning post-Industrial revolution corporate power.

Unfortunately, he succeeded.

There have been several times in the past 50 years or so where even the President of the United States has tried to get Congress to act in order to decriminalize marijuana (Kennedy and Carter), with Carter going on record before Congress in 1977 stating:

"Penalties against a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marijuana in private for personal use. The National Commission on Marijuana and Abuse concluded years ago that marijuana use should be decriminalized, and I believe it is time to implement those basic recommendations.

Therefore, I support legislation amending federal law to eliminate all Federal criminal penalties for the possession of up to one ounce of marijuana."

However, fringe groups basing their opinions on falsified and misleading information nearly a century ago continue to scream the loudest in an attempt to maintain the draconian enforcement of anti-marijuana laws.

And I don't even smoke the shit.

HemiEd
05-19-2010, 10:23 AM
I think it'll be legal in almost all states in about 25-30 years.

I remember saying that very thing, about 1970.

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
That is pretty ****ing ugly, it reeks of hatred/jealousy of the U.S. I agree with the information available, that the Canadian Government should be handling this, but your statement says so much more.

It reeks of truth not hatred. Simply put, the US political people were not happy with teh way our country would have handeled this situation with a fine, so they go marching in and take over. Not the first country they have imposed their will in, or on, wont be the last
Guess yiou missed the `IMO`` part of my post.
I neither hate nor love the USA, your another country, get over it,and stop reading more into what was posted.
as for hitching wagons to yours, cant say I agree with that statement.Its i pretty ****ing ugly, it reeks of hatred/jealousy of Canada, your implying we cant look after our selfs, our leagel issues or forigen policy...
One back at ya, like it much

Bwana
05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
From "prince of pot" to prince of prison.......Ouch.

BIG_DADDY
05-19-2010, 10:30 AM

He was right about one thing though, this will get a bunch of media attention and will push forward efforts to legalize it.

blaise
05-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Well, they have laws about when and why to extradite, I assume.

patteeu
05-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Your tax dollars hard at work. They have been going after this guy for what 10 years now? I wonder what the cost of all this will be when it's all said and done.

Yeah, it's been a long time. 60 Minutes had a story about him several years ago and at the time it looked like he was pretty safe from extradition even though he did nothing to hide his operation. I guess this is an example of how a change of government really does have a measurable effect on policy.

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Be going out to the shed in his honor in a few LMAO

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
We do, but when the the worlds last super power is on our boarders, we get offers like, hand him over or watch free trade take a shit again for you sorry bunch up there.

Bump
05-19-2010, 10:44 AM
We do, but when th th th th th th the the worlds last super power is on our borders, we get offers like, hand him over or watch free trade take a shit again for you sorry bunch up there.

stutter and fyp

POND_OF_RED
05-19-2010, 10:45 AM
It reeks of truth not hatred. Simply put, the US political people were not happy with teh way our country would have handeled this situation with a fine, so they go marching in and take over. Not the first country they have imposed their will in, or on, wont be the last
Guess yiou missed the `IMO`` part of my post.
I neither hate nor love the USA, your another country, get over it,and stop reading more into what was posted.
as for hitching wagons to yours, cant say I agree with that statement.Its i pretty ****ing ugly, it reeks of hatred/jealousy of Canada, your implying we cant look after our selfs, our leagel issues or forigen policy...
One back ay ya, like it much

So if Mr Rain Man is indeed correct, would you be in line to purchase a citizenship? I think the consensus was around 5 million dollars. Would you say it's worth it for the freedoms we can offer you here in America. :LOL:

Over-Head
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
So if Mr Rain Man is indeed correct, would you be in line to purchase a citizenship? I think the consensus was around 5 million dollars. Would you say it's worth it for the freedoms we can offer you here in America. :LOL:
After 12 years of criss crossing the USA and seeing about 95% of it from big cities to wide open places (in general) Besides Disneyland, The Oakland Raiders, and Jack Daniels, I really cant see ANY reason I would ever live down there. Everything you got, we have similer up here, with less people to trip over.
Vacation yes , maybe, (although id rather go to the tropics or Italy)
but live in the USA, sorry folks, not a ****en chance!!!!
Great country, not enough cold weather and snow

And not really sure if I would want a 3rd citizenship or not anyway.

BigChiefFan
05-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah, it's been a long time. 60 Minutes had a story about him several years ago and at the time it looked like he was pretty safe from extradition even though he did nothing to hide his operation. I guess this is an example of how a change of government really does have a measurable effect on policy.

That's why what we've become as a government is so wrong. We don't need all the new laws every year. What we need is a government that serves the general welfare of the common man and makes that their priority to defend American's rights. Sadly, we are the opposite of that now. Treat all as guilty and take what they want, do what they want, with no reprise.

The forefathers had it right, when they gave us the Bill of RIGHTS, everything else is just loopholes to blur the lines of those inherent rights and attempt to chip away at those rights. I believe we've been compromised for some time now. What we have now, is not inherent freedom and the pursuit of happiness. What we have is a government, who's overstepped their boundries and sold us out.

MOhillbilly
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
you guys sound like the cockfighters did/do. Once its gone it aint gonna be wide open ever again. No matter how much you bitch and moan about the vote.

lostcause
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM

Just because it is a law does not mean it should be. The only way to change incorrect laws is to challenge them.

blaise
05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Just because it is a law does not mean it should be. The only way to change incorrect laws is to challenge them.

Well, if you're smart you'll challenge them without landing your ass in jail.

teedubya
05-19-2010, 12:08 PM
In my opinion, it has NEVER been about the "pot" that you can smoke, but about the hemp that can be used in a multitude of ways.

They don't want "pot" legal... because a lot of powerful industries would become less powerful.

HemiEd
05-19-2010, 12:15 PM

Read my earlier posts. Timothy Leary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Leary) already took this route, and it didn't work. In fact, this guy seems to be almost copying his methods in an updated fashion. They made a point of proving to him, they were going to enforce the law.

The way to change this law, is to get elected, and sponsor the legislation.

GoHuge
05-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Well lets see......over the last week the government has saved us from lap dances and a guy selling seeds from Canada. I feel much safer, but now horny as hell!

Our government and its hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. You can grow pot in California, but we are extraditing a guy from Canada for selling seeds and donating the money? This is nothing but a PR move and a costly one $$$ wise, but read the news......we've got plenty of money to be pursuing major international criminals like this!! Is it keeping people off of drugs? **** no!

The War on Drugs will never be won. It is a complete joke and a waste of resources. The United States consumes more drugs than any country in the world. The best thing the government can do is try and educate the people and hope they make the right choice. Drugs come into this country by the tons. People are going to do what they are going to do. The wars going on in Mexico are largely due to keeping the supply lines open to America. We snort, smoke, and shoot up thier products as fast as they can get it here. It's not going to change........ever.

Afghanistan is the perfect example of the United States hypocrisy towards the War on Drugs. That country produces 90% of the worlds opium and NATO largely ignores the poppy fields because we are over there trying to win "hearts and minds." We are trying to get them to grow things like wheat rather than the opium that is 20 times more profitable. Yeah.......I see them all giving that cash cow up because it's better for Afghanistan. They don't give a shit about Afghanistan. They care about making as much money for themselves that they can. We allow it to continually go on even though it is controlled by the people we are fighting and it's their biggest source of income to fund their efforts. How the **** does that make one bit of sense? It doesn't but they've got those hearts and minds to worry about so we can't cut off a farmers ability to provide for his family!! Allow it to grow and fund our enemies so they have the means to continue attacks on our soldiers stationed there. ****ing brilliant :rolleyes:

You've got medical MJ shops in California that are as a common as Starbucks, but spend the time, money, and energy to get the guy selling seeds. Prohibition failed and made the sale of alcohol even more profitable. Our drug laws do the same thing. The War on Drugs will never work.

I can not stand smoking pot. Hate the way it makes me feel and its just never been my deal, but if somebody wants to smoke to get their party on I could care less. The thing that pisses me off about the morality police is they feel they are morally superior than potheads because what they do is legal. It's a stupid arguement. Your getting ****ed up either way and alcohol is much more dangerous to the general public. I have yet to see or hear about the guy that's high from smoking marijuana out commiting all these horrific crimes and taking innocent lives while enjoying their substance of choice. Why? Because because the potheads are sitting at home eating cookie dough. Alcohol destroys many more lives in every way, shape, and form than smoking pot does. I'm not an anti-alcohol crusader by any means. Love my beer, but same statistics for the anti-pot crowd that thinks pot is a bigger problem or more dangerous than alcohol.

20% of suicide victims in the United States are alcoholics.

Alcohol is the third leading cause of the preventable deaths in the United States.

An alcoholic will negatively impact the lives of 4 or 5 other Americans (such as associates, family, and friends) while under the influence of alcohol.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there were 17,000 alcohol-related traffic fatalities in each of the last three years.

In the U.S., approximately every two minutes, a person is injured in an alcohol-related accident.

Recent U.S. statistics reveal that 79% of fatal crashes occurring from midnight to 3:00am involve alcohol.

Every year in the United States, more than 500,000 people are injured in alcohol-related motor vehicle accidents.

It is estimated that 30% of all Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related motor vehicle accident sometime during their lives.

41% of all U.S. traffic fatalities are alcohol related.

This information is available to anyone including our government, but alcohol is legal and we're spending out our noses to stop the use of maurijuana. To one-up the stupid we are extraditing someone from another country and putting them in prison for five years (that'll be cheap for tax payers) for a crime that is punishable by a fine of $200 in the country they reside in. His crime? Selling seeds to grow a plant that makes people sit around and giggle.

I wouldn't want to live in another country, but this is just another example of how stupid our government and the morality police can be :shake:.

PunkinDrublic
05-19-2010, 12:22 PM
In my opinion, it has NEVER been about the "pot" that you can smoke, but about the hemp that can be used in a multitude of ways.

They don't want "pot" legal... because a lot of powerful industries would become less powerful.

Exactly. You have to look at who is benefiting the most from our existing pot laws. Big Pharma and our nations prison industrial complex.

BossChief
05-19-2010, 12:42 PM
What a load of crap.

The government says its ok to buy cigarettes and they are one of the biggest killers in the country. All they care about is making more money off em.

Its ok to drink as much as you want in a bar and if you go out and drive after that, the most you will get (unless you hit something or someone) is a few days in jail and some fines.

You sell seeds of a plant that hasnt killed a soul and they throw you in prison.

We havent found Bin Laden, but we got that fucker selling the seeds.

what a joke

rambleonthruthefog
05-19-2010, 12:49 PM
can i just say Fuck the U.S. govt for wasting more of your taxpayer $? you got the prince of pot in jail for 5 years max. what have you accomplished as the US Feds? nothing. well...... you made a dent in the pot seed trade which is the equivalent to jack shit. you did what govt is good at...................waste. good job everyone, way to work together, thats some good teamwork.

Fuckin' assholes! i hope there is some fallout in the canadian govt as well.

OnTheWarpath15
05-19-2010, 12:55 PM
What a huge waste of time and taxpayer's money.

They've been chasing this guy for over 5 years, IIRC.

I'm actually surprised the Canadian government gave him up.

boogblaster
05-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Its all about the money .. lawyers and counties and states would loose lots of money if they legelized pot .. sorry but thats the bottom line .....

Brock
05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Its all about the money .. lawyers and counties and states would loose lots of money if they legelized pot .. sorry but thats the bottom line .....

Yeah, it's not like counties and states would make any money off the sales of pot.

go bo
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
So how many seed sellers in Amsterdamn are the US going aftergood point...

or none...

yet...

Old Dog
05-19-2010, 01:21 PM
kinda suprised this one hasn't been moved to DC forum already

vailpass
05-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Exactly.

Want to change the law? Go for it.

Want to serve time to make your point? Go for it.

Yep.

go bo
05-19-2010, 02:11 PM
kinda suprised this one hasn't been moved to DC forum alreadyme too...

Ugly Duck
05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
You've got medical MJ shops in California that are as a common as StarbucksYeah, but you can get it cheaper on the street. In NoCal its nice stuff from from the Emerald Triangle grown by Americans. In SoCal it may be Mexican stuff... also nice but has blood on it. Anyway... its like a traffic ticket (decriminalized) if you get caught, although the cops will take your stash away when they write you up. So dang close to being legal... we'd be better off legalizing all the way so we keep our dollars here in the States instead of shipping it to gangsters in Mexico that kill people.

Bump
05-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah, it's not like counties and states would make any money off the sales of pot.

I think it would be wise to research who is lobbying against the legalization of marijuana and that should give the answer as to why it is still illegal in most states.

Brock
05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I think it would be wise to research who is lobbying against the legalization of marijuana and that should give the answer as to why it is still illegal in most states.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Bump
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

It's not obvious to most people. Most conservatives (and others) believe that it is illegal because it is harmful.

KurtCobain
05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Prince of Pot, ha, I like that.

DaFace
05-19-2010, 04:11 PM
This is probably more about sending a message than it is about the actual infraction. The guy has kind of said "nanny nanny boo boo" to the U.S. government for a while now. Chances are, that's why they kept pushing at it more than some random guy in Amsterdam who doesn't make a public scene about it.

GoHuge
05-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Its all about the money .. lawyers and counties and states would loose lots of money if they legelized pot .. sorry but thats the bottom line .....This and then some. The politicians fighting to keep it illegal are the same ones drinking their 12 year old scotch as they talk to each other about it before driving home.

I'm not a conspiracy guy by any means, but when you think about the amount of jobs that would be lost by legalizing drugs? DEA, FBI, ATF, state and local law enforcement, lawyers........That's alot of folks! Done intelligently and it could also be alot of tax revenue. Legalize and regulate it like they should be doing with online gambling and then we'd really be set. Might help offset the cost of investigating the seed sender, spending the resources to get him extradited, and then paying to have him incarcerated for five years. Man we're a dumb country sometimes :banghead:

Pants
05-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Hemp is a magnificent plant with which you can do pretty much anything. It's a much cheaper alternative to a lot of materials we use in our everyday life. Someone already touched on the DuPont story, but what it pretty much amounts to is that a lot of folks would be in line to lose a bunch of money if the hemp industry was brought back to life.

patteeu
05-19-2010, 05:55 PM

I'm sure they do, but apparently the personal opinion of the people at the top of the Canadian government have a big impact as well. The US has been trying to extradite this guy for many years and it appears that only with the change of government in Ottawa that the Canadians decided to cooperate.

patteeu
05-19-2010, 05:57 PM
We do, but when the the worlds last super power is on our boarders, we get offers like, hand him over or watch free trade take a shit again for you sorry bunch up there.

This isn't really true. See my previous post if it hasn't already been explained. I think it's pretty unlikely that the Obama administration decided to play that kind of hardball on this issue where the Bush administration was content to be told no.

googlegoogle
05-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Marc's case started in 2005 when American Authorities raided his Vancouver store and offices