PDA

View Full Version : MU Mizzou on Mizzou violence. Phil Pressey dunks on Tony Mitchell.

|Zach|
05-22-2010, 05:53 PM
From the TABC Allstar Game in San Antonio, Texas. Ha.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tj5UmH5TdfI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tj5UmH5TdfI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
05-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Halfway through the title, I was thinking "Oh no..."

Damn, that kid's got some hops.

Saul Good
05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Halfway through the title, I was thinking "Oh no..."

Damn, that kid's got some hops.

That would be KU, not MU.

|Zach|
05-22-2010, 06:04 PM
:)

|Zach|
05-22-2010, 06:10 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg694/scaled.php?tn=0&server=694&filename=2ix.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

siberian khatru
05-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Mitchell = BUST.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Fucking Nice!

KcMizzou
05-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Mitchell = BUST.LMAO

BWillie
05-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Josh Selby is the #1 player in the nation.

beer bacon
05-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Josh Selby is the #1 player in the nation.

Get the fuck out.

BWillie
05-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Get the **** out.

No seriously though. Missouri hoops is going to be something to be reckoned w/ in the next couple years. I highly doubt that KU sweeps them the next two yrs.

Pants
05-22-2010, 07:39 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/36td_ejDRJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36td_ejDRJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

SPATCH
05-22-2010, 07:39 PM
That was the old "Tom Chambers Boost" dunk

SPATCH
05-22-2010, 07:43 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/36td_ejDRJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36td_ejDRJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Just sat through that.... and a grand total of NONE of those dunks approached the posterization of Pressy's. kthnx.

Pants
05-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Just sat through that.... and a grand total of NONE of those dunks approached the posterization of Pressy's. kthnx.

I was just showing you some highlights of the 2010 McD's dunk contest champion.

Wanna see some sick PG dunks?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_IrwMMWunhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_IrwMMWunhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

AAAAAND...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsQGeBI-RmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsQGeBI-RmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SPATCH
05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Dunking in traffic is just a lot more impressive to me...

good try though

Pitt Gorilla
05-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Josh Selby is the #1 player in the nation.PLEASE look at me; PLEASE care about my team.

BWillie
05-22-2010, 09:02 PM
PLEASE look at me; PLEASE care about my team.

I gave you guys a compliment. I'm not trolling posting videos like Metro ROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Kotter
05-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Is this a league between college has-beens and High School wanna-bes? :shrug:

;)

FAX
05-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Big deal, I say. Joni Mitchell is 5.4, almost 70 years old, and her vertical leap and mobility has been adversely affected after decades of being banged unmercifully by drunk rock stars on a green room floor.

FAX

teedubya
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Fellow KU fans... MU is gonna make a DVD from this dunk and hang a banner. Please let them have their moment. :)

beer bacon
05-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Fellow KU fans... MU is gonna make a DVD from this dunk and hang a banner. Please let them have their moment. :)

Please be more of a douche.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2010, 10:58 PM

You fuck

Mr. Kotter
05-22-2010, 10:59 PM

Good point.

So, sorry. I didn't mean to be a wet blanket. Heh.

Carry on...

:hmmm:

beer bacon
05-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Good point.

So, sorry. I didn't mean to be a wet blanket. Heh.

Carry on...

:hmmm:

Be true to yourself.

Mizzou_8541
05-23-2010, 08:28 AM
I am very excited for this incoming recruiting class. It's nice to see Mike Anderson parlay some success on the basketbal court into great recruiting classes. It's obvious, by the number of beaker trolls in this thread, that this class is turning heads and has some potential.

He has been winning with 3*'s, I am anxious to see what he can do with better talent.

CoMoChief
05-23-2010, 09:22 AM
From the TABC Allstar Game in San Antonio, Texas. Ha.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tj5UmH5TdfI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tj5UmH5TdfI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Damn, almost looks as if once he got up in the air, like halfway up his jump turned into a second gear, then he really got up there.

duncan_idaho
05-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Pressey is crazily athletic... 41" vertical. He'll get some people in the Big 12, with the way Mizzou runs and gets in the open floor.

Best thing is that Phil is a very polished player as well... think Mike Dixon's game, with more experience coming in to college and much better athleticism (though Dixon isn't a bad athlete - just doesn't have those types of springs).

Question for the ku fans trolling this thread... is Elijah Johnson ever going to play? I mean, he's a point guard. Why did they recruit OVER him with Selby? That indicates to me that maybe Johnson isn't seen as a long-term answer...

CoMoChief
05-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Pressey is crazily athletic... 41" vertical. He'll get some people in the Big 12, with the way Mizzou runs and gets in the open floor.

Best thing is that Phil is a very polished player as well... think Mike Dixon's game, with more experience coming in to college and much better athleticism (though Dixon isn't a bad athlete - just doesn't have those types of springs).

Question for the ku fans trolling this thread... is Elijah Johnson ever going to play? I mean, he's a point guard. Why did they recruit OVER him with Selby? That indicates to me that maybe Johnson isn't seen as a long-term answer...

Johnson should have red shirted last season...thats for sure. He's got more upside than Turnover Taylor

teedubya
05-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Please be more of a douche.

You ****

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. I was literally chuckling aloud while typing it... So, to me, it was worth it. :-)

duncan_idaho
05-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Wasn't ku already redshirting two guys (Releford and Little)? Hard to limit your roster that much.

Just makes me wonder what the long-term plans for Johnson are... There's still just as much competition for PT as there was a year ago, when he couldn't crack the lineup.

KChiefs1
05-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm shocked that more KU douchebags haven't posted in this thread.

CoMoChief
05-23-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm shocked that more KU douchebags haven't posted in this thread.

It's a video of a guy dunking on another guy. What else is there more really to say about it?

BWillie
05-23-2010, 06:19 PM

If the #1 player in the country wants to come to your school, you don't just go...ah sorry, we got Elijah Johnson already and let him walk. This is Kansas. You load your roster up w/ talent and you sort it out later. Elijah Johnson didn't play because Self had players in front of him he was more comfortable with. I think he was afraid EJ didn't know the system, couldn't defend well, and would be turnover prone. I wish we would have saw more of him, and in the time he was on the floor he looked pretty damn athletic w/ a lot of potential.

CoMoChief
05-23-2010, 07:04 PM

ROFL

Saul Good
05-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Pressey's going to tear up the Big Ten.

Mr. Kotter
05-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Pressey's going to tear up the Big Ten.

Heck, maybe Mizzou can even earn a Conference Title in the Big "Ten"...

:thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
05-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Heck, maybe Mizzou can even earn a Conference Title in the Big "Ten"...

:thumb:It would be cool to add it to our Big 8 and Big 12 conference titles.

BWillie
05-24-2010, 01:14 AM
It would be cool to add it to our Big 8 and Big 12 conference titles.

The Missouri Tigers have never ever won the Big 12 Conference Crown. Are you trying to play it off as they did when they won that cute little 3 day tournament in 2009? Awww. How cute.

|Zach|
05-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Not nearly as cute as when Kansas will be relegated to being Memphis.

Saul Good
05-24-2010, 05:59 AM
The Missouri Tigers have never ever won the Big 12 Conference Crown. Are you trying to play it off as they did when they won that cute little 3 day tournament in 2009? Awww. How cute.

The college basketball regular season is super important. Nobody cares about tournaments.

Pants
05-24-2010, 09:11 AM
The college basketball regular season is super important. Nobody cares about tournaments.

Nobody cares about the B12 tournament. Nobody cared that KU won it last year. I'm being very honest when I say that getting the conference crown is much more impressive and takes a lot more to win than a 3 day tournament where everyone gets in.

It goes March Madness > B12 Conference >>>>>> B12 Tournament.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 11:36 AM
The Missouri Tigers have never ever won the Big 12 Conference Crown. Are you trying to play it off as they did when they won that cute little 3 day tournament in 2009? Awww. How cute.Of course, the Big XII disagrees with you, as does wikipedia and just about every other site listing championships.

Here's a rather simple exercise for you:

1) Go to the official Big 12 site and click on the "championships" button.
2) Then, click on men's basketball.
3) See if you can figure out what all the fancy writing means.

It's cute that you think your need to uniquely define something somehow lends it any credibility.

Fish
05-24-2010, 11:46 AM
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36td_ejDRJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

At 1:21..... that drive to the basket is something of magic. Around 3 defenders, through one's legs... That's crazy.

Pablo
05-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Of course, the Big XII disagrees with you, as does wikipedia and just about every other site listing championships.

It's cute that you think your need to uniquely define something somehow lends it any credibility.Yeah, you were Big 12 Tournament Champs.

Not the Regular Season Conference Champs. Impressive in it's own right; just not even close to the same body of work.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&KEY=&ATCLID=1524093

Pants
05-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Of course, the Big XII disagrees with you, as does wikipedia and just about every other site listing championships.

It's cute that you think your need to uniquely define something somehow lends it any credibility.

Whoa, whoa.

So the team that wins the B12 conference outright is NOT the Big 12 champion? Is that what you're saying?

Dante84
05-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Wildcat checking in here... I carry an obvious disdain for ku; however, EJ is so disgustingly talented its funny.

He and Selby are just nasty. Pullen will be in the Naismith discussion, and the wildcat bigs will be great. MU has some great recruits. KC area college hoops are going to be so very fun to watch this next season.

Hopefully we all crack the top 5-10.

Saul Good
05-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Whoa, whoa.So the team that wins the B12 conference outright is NOT the Big 12 champion? Is that what you're saying?Which one gets the automatic bid?

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Whoa, whoa.

So the team that wins the B12 conference outright is NOT the Big 12 champion? Is that what you're saying?I don't believe I said that. Both are considered conference champions (one regular season, one tournament).

I guess I don't understand why some people are having such a difficult time comprehending something so simple.

Pablo
05-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Which one gets the automatic bid?Find me an example of a team that won their regular season conference title and didn't make it in?

(In a real conference, not The Big Sky or some bullshit)

Pants
05-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Which one gets the automatic bid?

LMAO

If you win the B12 conference, you're worrying about getting a top 3 seed and not whether you get in, dumbass. Automatic bids are good for teams who can't get an at large bid. So answer my question, please.

Pants
05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't believe I said that. Both are considered conference champions (one regular season, one tournament).

OK, so MU was the Big 12 Conference Tournament Champion. That's what we've been saying this whole time. If KU wins the tournament but finishes second in conference, I'm not calling them the B12 champions, that's all I'm saying.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Find me an example of a team that won their regular season conference title and didn't make it in?

(In a real conference, not The Big Sky or some bullshit)I suppose it depends on whether or not one considers the Missouri Valley Conference a real conference.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 12:09 PM
OK, so MU was the Big 12 Conference Tournament Champion. That's what we've been saying this whole time. If KU wins the tournament but finishes second in conference, I'm not calling them the B12 champions, that's all I'm saying.My original response was to BWillie007. Perhaps you should re-read his post before inserting the "we" moniker.

Pants
05-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Wildcat checking in here... I carry an obvious disdain for ku; however, EJ is so disgustingly talented its funny.

He and Selby are just nasty. Pullen will be in the Naismith discussion, and the wildcat bigs will be great. MU has some great recruits. KC area college hoops are going to be so very fun to watch this next season.

Hopefully we all crack the top 5-10.

EJ is even more athletic than Selby, but apparently dude can't defend for shit. Bill Self will NOT play you if you don't defend.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 12:13 PM
EJ is even more athletic than Selby, but apparently dude can't defend for shit. Bill Self will NOT play you if you don't defend.Aldrich refused to defend Eggs in the tourny and Self didn't sit him until he got hurt.

BWillie
05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Aldrich refused to defend Eggs in the tourny and Self didn't sit him until he got hurt.

Cole Aldrich was the 2009 and 2010 Big 12 defensive player of the year...

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Cole Aldrich was the 2009 and 2010 Big 12 defensive player of the year...Who was supposed to be defending Eggs? Cole certainly didn't.

BWillie
05-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Who was supposed to be defending Eggs? Cole certainly didn't.

He had a bad game, and that big tall bald white dude had the game of his life. He made like 2-3 threes that he pulled out of his ass. The guy doesn't make crap like that usually. I'm sure the scouting report was to not face guard him past the three point line. Shit happens. Saying that Self should have benched Cole in the most pivotal game of the season is asinine.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 02:05 PM
He had a bad game, and that big tall bald white dude had the game of his life. He made like 2-3 threes that he pulled out of his ass. The guy doesn't make crap like that usually. I'm sure the scouting report was to not face guard him past the three point line. Shit happens. Saying that Self should have benched Cole in the most pivotal game of the season is asinine.Had Cole not played, Eggs wouldn't have played much either. He's a defensive matchup problem for UNI when he's not playing bigger, slower guys. I mean, he sat for long stretches during the MVC season.

Of course, he also didn't have the game of his life. He scored 2 points more than his career average, that saw him get 19, 20, 28, 22, 17, 16, 15 just this past season. He also had only 5 boards (IIRC) which is below his career average that includes 12, 10, 14, 13, 14, and 10 just this season (and 10 in the game against UNLV two days prior to Kansas). He had ZERO blocks against Kansas, which is certainly unusual. You could claim that Cole kept Big Jordan off the boards, and that would be correct. You can't claim, though, that he defended him as Jordan scored on Aldrich when he wanted to score.

Regarding his shot, he's had the green light for shooting the three since his freshman season. While Ali gets the press for his three-point shooting, he has consistently called Jordan the best pure shooter on the team; it is simply no secret that the big guy can shoot. His sophomore year, he shot 9-25 from the 3pt line. Not a ton of attempts, but certainly not luck either.

I know that using words like "asinine" makes you feel better, but honestly, Kansas without Cole has a better shot in this matchup. The fact that you said he "pulled them out of his ass" demonstrates how little you know about this team. I know they don't calculate +/- for basketball, but I would be interested in seeing Aldrich's number for this game.

Pants
05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Had Cole not played, Eggs wouldn't have played much either. He's a defensive matchup problem for UNI when he's not playing bigger, slower guys. I mean, he sat for long stretches during the MVC season.

Regarding his shot, he's had the green light for shooting the three since his freshman season. While Ali gets the press for his three-point shooting, he has consistently called Jordan the best pure shooter on the team; it is simply no secret that the big guy can shoot.

I know that using words like "asinine" makes you feel better, but honestly, Kansas without Cole has a better shot in this matchup. The fact that you said he "pulled them out of his ass" demonstrates how little you know about this team. I know they don't calculate +/- for basketball, but I would be interested in seeing Aldrich's number for this game.

He did pull those two 3-pointers out of his ass. How many of those had he made all season? Now, his mid-range stroke was fucking sick and yes, a lot of the times Cole failed, but it's not like his failure rate was 100%...

I don't know if putting T-Rob or Whithey would have made any difference like you're implying.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 02:17 PM
He did pull those two 3-pointers out of his ass. How many of those had he made all season? Now, his mid-range stroke was ****ing sick and yes, a lot of the times Cole failed, but it's not like his failure rate was 100%...

I don't know if putting T-Rob or Whithey would have made any difference like you're implying.If Aldrich wasn't in the game, I don't think Jordan would have been in much either.

Pants
05-24-2010, 02:18 PM
If Aldrich wasn't in the game, I don't think Jordan would have been in much either.

Oh, I see what you're saying.

BWillie
05-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Had Cole not played, Eggs wouldn't have played much either. He's a defensive matchup problem for UNI when he's not playing bigger, slower guys. I mean, he sat for long stretches during the MVC season.

Of course, he also didn't have the game of his life. He scored 2 points more than his career average, that saw him get 19, 20, 28, 22, 17, 16, 15 just this past season. He also had only 5 boards (IIRC) which is below his career average that includes 12, 10, 14, 13, 14, and 10 just this season (and 10 in the game against UNLV two days prior to Kansas). He had ZERO blocks against Kansas, which is certainly unusual. You could claim that Cole kept Big Jordan off the boards, and that would be correct. You can't claim, though, that he defended him as Jordan scored on Aldrich when he wanted to score.

Regarding his shot, he's had the green light for shooting the three since his freshman season. While Ali gets the press for his three-point shooting, he has consistently called Jordan the best pure shooter on the team; it is simply no secret that the big guy can shoot. His sophomore year, he shot 9-25 from the 3pt line. Not a ton of attempts, but certainly not luck either.

He had made ONE three pointer the entire year before that attempt. He played in EVERY game of his senior year except where he served his suspension for DUI. The year before that he was 2 of 15.

Saulbadguy
05-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Impressive for 5'8.

Saulbadguy
05-24-2010, 02:30 PM
PLEASE look at me; PLEASE care about my team.

The correct phrase is "VALIDATE US". It's truly pathetic.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2010, 02:31 PM
He had made ONE three pointer the entire year before that attempt. He played in EVERY game of his senior year except where he served his suspension for DUI. The year before that he was 2 of 15.Honestly, if you're scouting him based on the box, you get what you deserve. He made a lot of mid-range extended shots that were just inside of 3. Were they 3s? No. Were they close enough that you should consider guarding him? Uh, I would.

It's not like he was going to blow by someone off the dribble.

Pants
05-24-2010, 02:33 PM

No, the correct phrase is "Whatever you can do, we can do better." Now shoo, troll!

BWillie
05-24-2010, 03:57 PM

I like your mascot. The ole white farmer hybrid w/ a cat head. I guess the soil judging competition didn't result in enough revenue to pay for an entire mascot suit?

Sure-Oz
06-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Per Nick Wrights twitter

As I said this afternoon, potentially bad news regarding #mizzou recruit Tony Mitchell should break later this evening, I'll keep you posted 2 minutes ago via web

Anyone have any clue wtf this means?

siberian khatru
06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Per Nick Wrights twitter

As I said this afternoon, potentially bad news regarding #mizzou recruit Tony Mitchell should break later this evening, I'll keep you posted 2 minutes ago via web

DNQ?

Sure-Oz
06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
DNQ

Meaning he may not play next year but still be with mizzou? I heard it was possible he didnt have the grades..

Mizzou_8541
06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Per Nick Wrights twitter

Not going to qualify, I assume. There were question marks about it, but he said he qualified a few months ago.

Mizzou_8541
06-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Meaning he may not play next year but still be with mizzou? I heard it was possible he didnt have the grades..

It might not be that bad though...it might be one of those situations where he has to sit out the fall semester and not play until spring. I think Travon Bryant did that when he came to Mizzou.

Sure-Oz
06-01-2010, 06:57 PM
getnickwright

BREAKING- Looks like #mizzou recruit Tony Mitchell has a Darrell Arthur type of high school grades issue. Will link to full report soon #ugh

Sure-Oz
06-01-2010, 07:01 PM
LMAO

RoyalsKingdom

@getnickwright if Lew Perkins was Mizzou's AD, this would have been swept under the rug, correct?