PDA

View Full Version : Life I am sick and tired....

luv
05-22-2010, 09:16 PM
....of people who say they are my friend, but never act like it. Sick and fucking tired of it.

siberian khatru
05-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh, all right then, here's that $20 you wanted to borrow.

http://www.insidesocal.com/bargain/TwentyDollarBill.jpg

el borracho
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
People can be such a disappointment.

Bugeater
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM

Right-click, print image X100

luv
05-22-2010, 09:21 PM

LMAO

luv
05-22-2010, 09:22 PM
People can be such a disappointment.

Not all people. Some people never disappoint.

Gonzo
05-22-2010, 09:22 PM

The idiots at wal-mart would probably take it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
05-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Watch Star Trek.

RJ
05-22-2010, 09:24 PM

Don't waste your time. I tried to buy a 6 of natural light and a couple miniatures at 7-11 but they wouldn't take it.

el borracho
05-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Well, not sure what the problem is, but here's a Gwen Stefani video with fly girls:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIYGLDims90&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIYGLDims90&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gonzo
05-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Watch Star Trek.

I sense that you may be in geek-relapse...
A Boba-Fett avatar, home on a Saturday night advising people to watch Star Trek. Don't make me schedule an intervention.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
05-22-2010, 09:35 PM
A lot going on right now. A lot of change. I don't always deal well with change, especially alone (I know, you'd think I'd be used to doing everything alone by now). I reach out to people who claim to be my friend, and nothing. The friendship is pretty one-sided, so I'm tempted to just give up on it. Only problem is that's not the kind of friend I am.

On the other hand, I do have a friend or two who I know I can always count on. Thank God for them. Not sure what I would do without them.

MoreLemonPledge
05-22-2010, 09:36 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/mellow0606/bears2222.gif

I'm Kendra. You're Nessa. I'm giving you a big hug.

luv
05-22-2010, 09:37 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/mellow0606/bears2222.gif

I'm Kendra. You're Nessa. I'm giving you a big hug.

Dude. You have no idea how much you just freaked me out.

Rain Man
05-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I would say you can count on me, but I just put you on ignore since I'm afraid you might want some kind of help.

teedubya
05-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Get a LOT of cats.

Crush
05-22-2010, 09:49 PM

Are you a cop? I'm not falling for this whole routine... again.

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
People suck, most are shallow, self centered, idiots.

Rain Man
05-22-2010, 09:58 PM
People suck, most are shallow, self centered, idiots.

At first I assumed you were talking about me, but then I remembered that I wear expensive clothing.

kcxiv
05-22-2010, 09:59 PM
....of people who say they are my friend, but never act like it. Sick and ****ing tired of it.

Welcome to life. Most people are like that. In this world people have only 1-3 true friends. the rest are just people you know.

KcMizzou
05-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Dude. You have no idea how much you just freaked me out.Heh. It's a good point.

luv
05-22-2010, 10:02 PM
At first I assumed you were talking about me, but then I remembered that I wear expensive clothing.

LMAO

Sure-Oz
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
A lot going on right now. A lot of change. I don't always deal well with change, especially alone (I know, you'd think I'd be used to doing everything alone by now). I reach out to people who claim to be my friend, and nothing. The friendship is pretty one-sided, so I'm tempted to just give up on it. Only problem is that's not the kind of friend I am.

On the other hand, I do have a friend or two who I know I can always count on. Thank God for them. Not sure what I would do without them.
If it's one sided, fuck it....seriously

Get a new friend or go to the ones that you can count on.

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM

I would never speak of you in such ways. Your clever, witty ways are forever enriching my days!! ;)

Hammock Parties
05-22-2010, 10:08 PM
I sense that you may be in geek-relapse...
A Boba-Fett avatar, home on a Saturday night advising people to watch Star Trek. Don't make me schedule an intervention.
Posted via Mobile Device

Relapse?

My dear Gonzo, the nerd essence never left me, not even for a minute. It only remains dormant on dates. And when you date girls who wear Chewbacca shirts, it beams brightly.

I'm nerdcore, to the end.

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 10:11 PM
If it's one sided, **** it....seriously

Get a new friend or go to the ones that you can count on.

You always find out who your true friends are when you need one. Unfortunately, that is when it hurts the most to realize they are not your real friend.

Welcome to life. Most people are like that. In this world people have only 1-3 true friends. the rest are just people you know.

I have one true friend, we can go months without talking. I spent a lot of time on her couch the last year...lol

luv
05-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Sometimes, you just need a hug.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I am sick and tired of being told that I am sick and tired. I am not! But I am certainly sick and tired of being told that I am.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vL_EuFoNnMU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vL_EuFoNnMU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAs1_FxTyFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAs1_FxTyFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kcxiv
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
You always find out who your true friends are when you need one. Unfortunately, that is when it hurts the most to realize they are not your real friend.

I have one true friend, we can go months without talking. I spent a lot of time on her couch the last year...lol

lol, have 2, 1 is iffy, but she's been there for me when i was in bad shape a few years back due to health reasons, lol. My other, he's like my brother, been best friends since we were 12 years old, we are now 33. lol I could clal him right now and tell him i need help, and he would be here in 5 min.

Other then that, thats it.lol I know people, and people i get along with and talk too, but not to count on for anything critical. Well, my sisters, but they are immediate family.

patteeu
05-22-2010, 10:15 PM
What is it that you expect from a friend?

I could be wrong, but in my limited experience this seems to be a bigger problem with women than with men. My wife has a pretty busy job and she had a friend "break up" with her a few years ago because she wasn't available to go to lunch often enough. My wife had no idea that this former friend had a lunch date expectation until it was too late.

big nasty kcnut
05-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Dang it luv *hugs* there you go. I alway try to call to give support all the time. Trust me i'm very good at pumping people up to be the best they can be.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2010, 10:18 PM
What is it that you expect from a friend?

I could be wrong, but in my limited experience this seems to be a bigger problem with women than with men. My wife has a pretty busy job and she had a friend "break up" with her a few years ago because she wasn't available to go to lunch often enough. My wife had no idea that this former friend had a lunch date expectation until it was too late.

From what i can tell when they mean one sided is....

1 person bitches/gripes about shit and needs an ear and the other listens and gives feedback. But when the person that listens/gives feedback needs that back on the rare occasion that friend makes it about them or isn't available to be there for them like said friend is usually.

Gonzo
05-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Relapse?

My dear Gonzo, the nerd essence never left me, not even for a minute. It only remains dormant on dates. And when you date girls who wear Chewbacca shirts, it beams brightly.

I'm nerdcore, to the end.

Embrace it then, my friend. Embrace it and eat out the wookie girl whilst listening to the entire Star Wars soundtrack. You shall be a hero to nerds everywhere! Hizzah!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
05-22-2010, 10:19 PM

I am fortunate to have over a handful of truly good friends that would do anything for me. Some have maybe 1 or 2 at best, and i have alot of friends id just go party with and do social stuff but not let them get too close.

Lumpy
05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
This is why I don't have any chick friends. You need to find yourself a good man, Luv.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Luv, you live in Springfield. You want to take my cousin's virginity?

http://i45.tinypic.com/245n9yt.jpg

patteeu
This is why I don't have any chick friends. You need to find yourself a good man, Luv.

Way to rub it in. (Even though I know you didn't mean to).

luv
From what i can tell when they mean one sided is....

1 person bitches/gripes about shit and needs an ear and the other listens and gives feedback. But when the person that listens/gives feedback needs that back on the rare occasion that friend makes it about them or isn't available to be there for them like said friend is usually.

Hit the nail on the head.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Embrace it then, my friend. Embrace it and eat out the wookie girl whilst listening to the entire Star Wars soundtrack. You shall be a hero to nerds everywhere! Hizzah!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nah, even nerd girls disappear on me, although she was pretty hot.

Whateva. Kira Nerys will always love me.

luv
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM

So much easier said than done.

Lumpy
05-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Way to rub it in. (Even though I know you didn't mean to).

I didn't mean to rub it in and you know it. :p

The truth is, from my experience w/ women - they can be two-faced and are never there when you need them, yet they always need you to be there for them.

Men make better friends. They cause very little drama... plus you can have sex w/ them. Lots and lots and lots and lots of sex. :thumb:

Rain Man
05-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Luv, you live in Springfield. You want to take my cousin's virginity?

He shouldn't store his chips in the sink. They get soggy.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Hit the nail on the head.

that is why you need to seperate yourself from this 'friend'

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I am fortunate to have over a handful of truly good friends that would do anything for me. Some have maybe 1 or 2 at best, and i have alot of friends id just go party with and do social stuff but not let them get too close.

I have a few good friends, then others I can be out with in social settings. I have started picking people apart, eliminating the ones with traits I don't like. My reasons for not having friends is my doing at this point, not to mention I never go anywhere to meet people...lol

lol, have 2, 1 is iffy, but she's been there for me when i was in bad shape a few years back due to health reasons, lol. My other, he's like my brother, been best friends since we were 12 years old, we are now 33. lol I could clal him right now and tell him i need help, and he would be here in 5 min.

Other then that, thats it.lol I know people, and people i get along with and talk too, but not to count on for anything critical. Well, my sisters, but they are immediate family.

I had a girlfriend from the sixth grade up until we were about 24, after letting her and her daughter live with us during her divorce, we ended up not being friends any longer.

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 10:36 PM
So much easier said than done.

I say be happy you have the one or two friends you can count on. Once you are happy with yourself, the man issue will take care of itself. That's my advice

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 10:39 PM
I didn't mean to rub it in and you know it. :p

The truth is, from my experience w/ women - they can be two-faced and are never there when you need them, yet they always need you to be there for them.

Men make better friends. They cause very little drama... plus you can have sex w/ them. Lots and lots and lots and lots of sex. :thumb:

Many women are two faced and caddy. Nor do they like hearing the truth. I agree, most women do not make good friends. Women do tend to be needy creatures.

luv
05-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Many women are two faced and caddy. Nor do they like hearing the truth. I agree, most women do not make good friends. Women do tend to be needy creatures.

I will say that the one friend who was there for me tonight was a female. We've been friends since 5th grade.

The one I'm having problems with is actually a guy. And I think the needy thing is my problem.

Bugeater
05-22-2010, 10:43 PM
I've had plenty of guy friends (no homo) over the years who were pretty goddamn needy.

Lumpy
05-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I will say that the one friend who was there for me tonight was a female. We've been friends since 5th grade.

The one I'm having problems with is actually a guy. And I think the needy thing is my problem.

Uh, ok. This voids my advice a little bit. :banghead: Why was this not mentioned before? It really would have kept my wine-induced ramblings to a minimum. Gosh dang it, Luv.

Oh wait, is this guy gay? If so, then my advice stands. :D

Ugly Duck
05-22-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm sick and tired of of people who say they are my friend, but never act like it.

I'm your friend.... at least you can count on me...

luv
05-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Uh, ok. This voids my advice a little bit. :banghead: Why was this not mentioned before? It really would have kept my wine-induced ramblings to a minimum. Gosh dang it, Luv.

Oh wait, is this guy gay? If so, then my advice stands. :D

No, not gay. Trust me, I know. We used to be friends with benefits. He started dating someone so the benefits stopped, of course. They just never started once he became single again. We've been hanging out a lot the last six months, so I think he's just distancing himself from me for a while. He just has really bad timing.

KurtCobain
05-22-2010, 10:51 PM

If you have even one of those on a paper, and a poker chip any where near a dryer, then you're fucked. Trust me.

LetsSignRussell
05-22-2010, 10:51 PM
LUV is an avid redtube watcher

Sure-Oz
05-22-2010, 10:52 PM
What do you want from him? Friends with Benefits is a no-no usually the chick or possibly the dude get emotionally attached more and expect more

Lumpy
05-22-2010, 10:52 PM
I've had plenty of guy friends (no homo) over the years who were pretty goddamn needy.

Are you saying that they were emotionally needy or that you just couldn't keep them from drinking all of your beer? :D

luv
05-22-2010, 10:53 PM
What do you want from him? Friends with Benefits is a no-no usually the chick or possibly the dude get emotionally attached more and expect more

We're better as just friends. He doesn't want more, either.

KurtCobain
05-22-2010, 10:54 PM
If I lived in Springfield I would give you a hug luv, you need one.

Bugeater
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Are you saying that they were emotionally needy or that you just couldn't keep them from drinking all of your beer? :D
Back then it was weed. :)

KurtCobain
05-22-2010, 10:56 PM

When I smoked weed, I couldn't ever stop laughing at your posts. You always stood out on pot.

Lumpy
05-22-2010, 11:06 PM

That is why you should always have a naked, greased up, midget hiding in your house. Whenever your friends ask for something, just strap the shit to him and watch your friends go crazy. It makes for great entertainment. At least that's what I hear. I don't have one of those, I promise. :)

Bugeater
05-22-2010, 11:10 PM
When I smoked weed, I couldn't ever stop laughing at your posts. You always stood out on pot.
Thanks...I think...

That is why you should always have a naked, greased up, midget hiding in your house. Whenever your friends ask for something, just strap the shit to him and watch your friends go crazy. It makes for great entertainment. At least that's what I hear. I don't have one of those, I promise. :)
Huh, never thought of that. It was much more fulfilling (no homo) to break up with those friends anyway.

LetsSignRussell
05-22-2010, 11:17 PM
luv. why do you watch so much redtube?

Mosbonian
05-22-2010, 11:17 PM
The hardest thing to accept and acknowledge is that one is in a friendship that is always one-sided. It is something that I have had to come to accept recently....a "friendship" that I had assumed was real in nature was more about "what can you do for me" and less about being there as support for each other.

I was too blind to accept and acknowledge what others had been telling me for several years.

It's time to move on..

mmaddog

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 11:27 PM

Don't lie, isn't his name Gonzo?? :D

RedNFeisty
05-22-2010, 11:29 PM
The hardest thing to accept and acknowledge is that one is in a friendship that is always one-sided. It is something that I have had to come to accept recently....a "friendship" that I had assumed was real in nature was more about "what can you do for me" and less about being there as support for each other.

I was too blind to accept and acknowledge what others had been telling me for several years.

It's time to move on..

mmaddog

Sounds like you hit a rough patch too with friends, sorry.

Mosbonian
05-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Sounds like you hit a rough patch too with friends, sorry.

One friend....who I thought was my good friend.

mmaddog

Lumpy
05-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Don't lie, isn't his name Gonzo?? :D

Gonzo is 6', so no. LMAO

badgirl
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
After a crying ass thread like this one you all should never say anything else about what I post.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2010, 11:57 PM
After a crying ass thread like this one you all should never say anything else about what I post.

Well, badgirl, luv is actually a decent poster here, talks about the Chiefs, and has developed friendships through the site.

Something you would know jack diddly poo about.

Now get the fuck out of the thread and stay out.

badgirl
05-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Well, badgirl, luv is actually a decent poster here, talks about the Chiefs, and has developed friendships through the site.

Now get the **** out of the thread and stay out.

No way will I leave this thread, you all jump in my shit all the time. I have decided to stay on this one. Decent Poster? Look back at all her threads, whats the percentage of threads actually started about football? Give me a break.:rolleyes:

KurtCobain
05-22-2010, 11:59 PM

Now get the **** out of the thread and stay out.

claytonluv luvfest oh-ten

badgirl
05-23-2010, 12:00 AM
claytonluv luvfest oh-ten

I don't want to picture that, but thanks now I can't get the image out of my head.:cuss:

KurtCobain
05-23-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't want to picture that, but thanks now I can't get the image out of my head.:cuss:

Didn't mean it in a bad way. Luv is a very badass lady, and Clayton, well, I like his gifs and I liked one of his articles about Herm.

Hammock Parties
05-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Look back at all her threads, whats the percentage of threads actually started about football? Give me a break.:rolleyes:

luv starts plenty of football threads.

You, on the other hand, have NEVER started a thread about the Chiefs.

NEVER

Not ONCE.

On a fucking SITE about the CHIEFS.

Go fuck yourself.

Bugeater
05-23-2010, 12:04 AM
No way will I leave this thread, you all jump in my shit all the time. I have decided to stay on this one. Decent Poster? Look back at all her threads, whats the percentage of threads actually started about football? Give me a break.:rolleyes:
Even if it's only 0.000001%, that's 0.000001% more than you.

Lumpy
05-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Just when I thought I was going to log off and get some sleep...

Badgirl, I think what GoChiefs was implying is that Luv can discuss football, whereas you lack the ability to do so. Thus, (on a football BB), that makes Luv a worthy poster. She doesn't need to post a football related thread to prove to anyone that she is a worthy poster.

I will try to refrain from siding w/ anyone on this, but take a look at all of your posts. Have you ever voiced your opinion on anything sports related?

Mosbonian
05-23-2010, 12:12 AM

Wanna give me a rash of crap about my post in here?

mmaddog

Mr. Kotter
05-23-2010, 12:14 AM
luv starts plenty of football threads.

You, on the other hand, have NEVER started a thread about the Chiefs.

NEVER

Not ONCE.

On a ****ing SITE about the CHIEFS.

Go **** yourself.

So...you want her, don't you?

I mean, I'm pretty sure she could teach you more than a couple of things. If you don't insult her, I mean.

Heh.

:hmmm:

KurtCobain
05-23-2010, 12:15 AM
I have this huge zit on my ass that keeps bleeding and it's kind of shaped like Nebraska.

Bugeater
05-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I have this huge zit on my ass that keeps bleeding and it's kind of shaped like Nebraska.
If I were stoned I probably would have laughed at that.

KurtCobain
05-23-2010, 12:31 AM
If I were stoned I probably would have laughed at that.

That means alot to me.

So... Bug... What would you do if you were obviously american and the social security office refused to give you your fucking card and your employer told you to fuck off 'till you get one? Terrorism?

Bugeater
05-23-2010, 12:35 AM
That means alot to me.

So... Bug... What would you do if you were obviously american and the social security office refused to give you your ****ing card and your employer told you to **** off 'till you get one? Terrorism?
I'd stab them all in the face.

Do you need it to get a job? I haven't had an actual SS card for decades.

KurtCobain
05-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I'd stab them all in the face.

Do you need it to get a job? I haven't had an actual SS card for decades.

Missouri state law. I went to apply for one and they said they'd mail to me and give me a paper that had my social on it, and I gave it to these jackasses and they let me work for a week and my card never came in the mail and they said I couldn't work again untill I get it, which I'm finding out, could take a month. Fuck them.

cdcox
05-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Missouri state law. I went to apply for one and they said they'd mail to me and give me a paper that had my social on it, and I gave it to these jackasses and they let me work for a week and my card never came in the mail and they said I couldn't work again untill I get it, which I'm finding out, could take a month. **** them.

Keeping track of your SS card is part of being a grownup. Look at it as just one piece of BS you have to go through to get your life where you want it to be. Don't let it keep you from doing the needful. My 2 cents.

Bugeater
05-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Missouri state law. I went to apply for one and they said they'd mail to me and give me a paper that had my social on it, and I gave it to these jackasses and they let me work for a week and my card never came in the mail and they said I couldn't work again untill I get it, which I'm finding out, could take a month. **** them.
Well that sucks. Meanwhile, all the illegals in this country don't seem to be having trouble finding a way to work, but a goddamn citizen gets his ass put through the wringer. Just doesn't seem right.

Bugeater
05-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Keeping track of your SS card is part of being a grownup.
It is? Since when?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Who would've guessed that badcunt would show up.

cdcox
05-23-2010, 01:06 AM
It is? Since when?

Mine has been in my wallet for like 32 years. If I needed to produce it (or my birth certificate, passport, or any other major documentation) to do something that was important to me (like landing a job) it wouldn't be a problem. Not trying to bust balls. I'm just saying that it is easier to go with the flow and get what you want, than it is to crash your head into the brick wall that is the system.

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2010, 06:19 AM
After a crying ass thread like this one you all should never say anything else about what I post.Tard. This thread is NOTHING like the drivel you post.

luv
05-23-2010, 07:10 AM

Seriously?

Reerun_KC
05-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Seriously?
Chick fight.

Saccopoo
05-23-2010, 07:15 AM

You could switch residences with Badgirl. I hear there's a sweet young man in that neighborhood who is looking to rectify "needy" situations for single women.

luv
05-23-2010, 07:18 AM
You could switch residences with Badgirl. I hear there's a sweet young man in that neighborhood who is looking to rectify "needy" situations for single women.

I did have a 20 year old tell me he thought I was 21 or 22 yesterday. LMAO

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I was in need of last night.

Demonpenz
05-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Sometimes I type out threads to rant and it goes like this I type "I am sick and tired of my friends screwing me over" Then I back space.. "I am sick of myself letting myself getting screwed over" Finally I decided to say " I need to WORK on not getting screwed over" then I put "wow it takes alot of work to take care of yourself and choose your friends" Then I put "saying No to people is a skill, and you need to work on that skill"
then I I back spaced "I am finally getting to the point where I am confident enough to say No to people and not get screwed over" Then I end up never starting a thread because...never let anyone see you sweat.

kstater
05-23-2010, 07:38 AM

Care to stop and think that the
underlying problem most people have with you is
not that you bitch about
the daily fail that is your life, but you being here at all.

Nzoner
05-23-2010, 08:02 AM
not to mention I never go anywhere to meet people.

THIS is one of the reasons the annual bash is good.Personally,I've met a couple of planeteers that I consider good friends,meaning they can count on me at anytime and vice versa and we keep in touch not just here but by telephone on a fairly regular basis.Hell,one of the crazy bastards I even drove several hundred miles to spend a week partying with.

Bugeater
05-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Mine has been in my wallet for like 32 years. If I needed to produce it (or my birth certificate, passport, or any other major documentation) to do something that was important to me (like landing a job) it wouldn't be a problem. Not trying to bust balls. I'm just saying that it is easier to go with the flow and get what you want, than it is to crash your head into the brick wall that is the system.
I'm just saying that, I accidentally washed mine shortly after I got it as a teenager, and haven't ever missed it.

KurtCobain
05-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Keeping track of your SS card is part of being a grownup. Look at it as just one piece of BS you have to go through to get your life where you want it to be. Don't let it keep you from doing the needful. My 2 cents. i was incarcerated for a while and left my important docs with grandma and her house burned down. Lost my ss card, my birth certificate, and all my clothes and shit. So i gotta get all new everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
05-23-2010, 08:45 AM

ME?

listopencil
05-23-2010, 08:55 AM

No. With Luv it's OK because most people actually like her. Nobody wants to read your rambling bullshit. If we had to shit can one of you- it would be you. Absolutely, without question, slam dunk decision.

luv
05-23-2010, 09:13 AM
I've decided to no longer try to contact this "friend". If he needs me, he's got my number. He'd better still bring me back a shot glass from his trip the NYC next month...lol.

Bearcat
05-23-2010, 10:26 AM
As far as friends, I was just thinking about something similar the other day... how I wouldn't lose any sleep over never seeing a few people again, either because of drama on their part (not venting/complaining, but playing games and creating drama) or with how one-sided the friendship can be. I tend to put into a friendship what I get out of it.... I think for most people, it comes down to a select few friends/family that you can truly rely on, so you're not alone there.

As far as change, IMO, the more the better... of course, school is a huge change which is great, and hopefully it'll make you more comfortable and confident in future change.

It seems like I've seen you mention the idea that doing things alone and going through change alone is harder than having someone to come home to every night... and IMO, it's not worth losing sleep over, because there are benefits and downsides to both. If you're going to school 4 nights a week and it's basically another full time job, adding the drama that comes with a relationship won't help, and it's not like they'll do your homework for you... and I speak from experience, I'm just just saying that... when I'm incredibly busy, I just don't have time for some of the crap that comes along with being in a relationship....... but then again, I'm speaking from the guy's perspective, and all the drama comes from the woman, so you would have to look at it from the perspective of whether you would have time to create that drama in your relationship. :evil:

luv
05-23-2010, 10:54 AM
As far as friends, I was just thinking about something similar the other day... how I wouldn't lose any sleep over never seeing a few people again, either because of drama on their part (not venting/complaining, but playing games and creating drama) or with how one-sided the friendship can be. I tend to put into a friendship what I get out of it.... I think for most people, it comes down to a select few friends/family that you can truly rely on, so you're not alone there.

As far as change, IMO, the more the better... of course, school is a huge change which is great, and hopefully it'll make you more comfortable and confident in future change.

It seems like I've seen you mention the idea that doing things alone and going through change alone is harder than having someone to come home to every night... and IMO, it's not worth losing sleep over, because there are benefits and downsides to both. If you're going to school 4 nights a week and it's basically another full time job, adding the drama that comes with a relationship won't help, and it's not like they'll do your homework for you... and I speak from experience, I'm just just saying that... when I'm incredibly busy, I just don't have time for some of the crap that comes along with being in a relationship....... but then again, I'm speaking from the guy's perspective, and all the drama comes from the woman, so you would have to look at it from the perspective of whether you would have time to create that drama in your relationship. :evil:

Ha ha ha. :p

I see what you're saying, and it definitely makes sense. I'm not necessarily looking for a "relationship" as much as just someone to have be able to go do stuff with when I'm free or vent some frustrations to. Maybe I do secretly want the "come home to" type of relationship. Who knows. One reason why I wanted to move to KC was because I know more single people my age. Everyone tends to either get married, pop out kids, or move away from here.

Bearcat
05-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Ha ha ha. :p

I see what you're saying, and it definitely makes sense. I'm not necessarily looking for a "relationship" as much as just someone to have be able to go do stuff with when I'm free or vent some frustrations to. Maybe I do secretly want the "come home to" type of relationship. Who knows. One reason why I wanted to move to KC was because I know more single people my age. Everyone tends to either get married, pop out kids, or move away from here.

Well, I can honestly say the great thing about the person I come home to every night is that we're both so busy, sometimes we barely see each other. ;) ...but, it's probably just my personality, because I'd have a hard time being around someone 24/7 like I've seen with several friends' relationships (not that you're looking for that, just sayin').

I agree though... It definitely helps to find people who have been through a similar change or are going through the same thing and can provide some perspective. Hopefully you can find people at school (even though I think you said your class is only ~5 people?) who are willing to go out for a drink after class every once in a while. Coming from someone who is fairly anti-social, I can say graduate school was a great place for me to meet people.

luv
05-23-2010, 11:52 AM
I agree though... It definitely helps to find people who have been through a similar change or are going through the same thing and can provide some perspective. Hopefully you can find people at school (even though I think you said your class is only ~5 people?) who are willing to go out for a drink after class every once in a while. Coming from someone who is fairly anti-social, I can say graduate school was a great place for me to meet people.

No going out after class for me, as I have to get up for work the following morning. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, only 5 in my class. It's more like a vocational school than anything. There's legal, dental assistant, medical assistant, medical coding, building maintenance, HVAC, and computer tech.

Regardless of going out alone or not, I need to get out and enjoy this beautiful afternoon!

Mr. Laz
05-23-2010, 12:14 PM
People suck, most are shallow, self centered, idiots.i'm not an idiot. :harumph:

LetsSignRussell
05-23-2010, 12:22 PM
THIS is one of the reasons the annual bash is good.Personally,I've met a couple of planeteers that I consider good friends,meaning they can count on me at anytime and vice versa and we keep in touch not just here but by telephone on a fairly regular basis.Hell,one of the crazy bastards I even drove several hundred miles to spend a week partying with.

I hope you're referring to me

RedNFeisty
05-23-2010, 12:24 PM

What are the details of the Bash?? I would drive a few hundred miles to party a week with the right person.

LetsSignRussell
05-23-2010, 12:29 PM
What are the details of the Bash?? I would drive a few hundred miles to party a week with the right person.

you have to love beer.

luv
05-23-2010, 12:30 PM

Look for a thread he starts, usually later in the summer. It's definitely the opening weekend of football season this year. There's usually a cost for food, but he keeps it minimal. Also BYOB. It's a blast! Hope you can make it!

RedNFeisty
05-23-2010, 12:32 PM
i'm not an idiot. :harumph:

Just ditzy! ;)

No going out after class for me, as I have to get up for work the following morning. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, only 5 in my class. It's more like a vocational school than anything. There's legal, dental assistant, medical assistant, medical coding, building maintenance, HVAC, and computer tech.

Regardless of going out alone or not, I need to get out and enjoy this beautiful afternoon!

You will find maintaining a full load of school work is going to be difficult if you wish to have a social life. Chances are when you want to go out you will not have the time. I feel your pain, luv, trust me, I just don't have any advice to give.

RedNFeisty
05-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Look for a thread he starts, usually later in the summer. It's definitely the opening weekend of football season this year. There's usually a cost for food, but he keeps it minimal. Also BYOB. It's a blast! Hope you can make it!

I have the date as Sept. 11th, if that is the date, that is my weekend to have the kids, but maybe I can switch. I won't ask about switching until closer to the date. If dad will switch with me, then I will make the bash.

RedNFeisty
05-23-2010, 12:37 PM
you have to love beer.

I hate beer...

Nzoner
05-23-2010, 12:49 PM

The details are generally the same each year,I host a big party for planeteers and a few of my local friends which includes much drinking and hilarity,food,big ass bonfire,good music,fireworks and college and pro football watching.

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Keeping track of your SS card is part of being a grownup. Look at it as just one piece of BS you have to go through to get your life where you want it to be. Don't let it keep you from doing the needful. My 2 cents.I have my original SS card. I'll be 40 in Oct...

kcxiv
05-23-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm just saying that, I accidentally washed mine shortly after I got it as a teenager, and haven't ever missed it.

shit, i never even got mine from my mother and i am in my mid 30's . lol she has it somewhere, some place. I dunno. I know my number though.

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm just saying that, I accidentally washed mine shortly after I got it as a teenager, and haven't ever missed it.shit, i never even got mine from my mother and i am in my mid 30's . lol she has it somewhere, some place. I dunno. I know my number though.You've never needed it for employment? Every job I've had, I had to fill out and sign an I-9 form and they make a photocopy of my SS and ID.

luv
05-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I have my original SS card. I'll be 40 in Oct...

I've got mine. My signature has changed a lot since 4th grade.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
05-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Just imagine how bad it is when you're gorgeous and rich. I have more hangers-on than I care to acknowledge.

kcxiv
05-23-2010, 02:54 PM
You've never needed it for employment? Every job I've had, I had to fill out and sign an I-9 form and they make a photocopy of my SS and ID.

Not really, my employer is my best friends dad. I have known them for hmm since i was likee 15 years old.
Actually, i had to use it once when i was like 21 year old and worked a OSH. I still gave it back to my mom after that. I would lose it. I have never carried a wallet.

Bugeater
05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
You've never needed it for employment? Every job I've had, I had to fill out and sign an I-9 form and they make a photocopy of my SS and ID.
Nope, and I've had quite a few different jobs.

Saulbadguy
05-24-2010, 06:53 AM
:facepalm:

KcFanInGA
05-24-2010, 07:06 AM
There are a lot of fake people, that's for sure. I like to shoot at them to see if they are real or not. If they scream and bleed, I yell "Found One!".

Rausch
05-24-2010, 07:38 AM
I still gave it back to my mom after that. I would lose it. I have never carried a wallet.

ChiTown
05-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Not me, I'm just tired. I was sick last week.