PDA

View Full Version : Football Montana is still the man!

ChiefJustice
05-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Not sure if this is a repost.

Looks like Joe hasn't missed a beat.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/62E5RXofEYA&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/62E5RXofEYA&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHiJvnBVd1g&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FHiJvnBVd1g&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

RedThat
05-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I bet he could still come in and play a few good series. Guy was the man!

Hammock Parties
05-23-2010, 08:06 PM
I posted this awhile ago in a Joe Montana thread.

I am so gay for Joe. If I met him I would want to give him a big hug. He gives me the warm fuzzies.

MahiMike
05-23-2010, 08:12 PM
That was so awesome it looked fake.

Phobia
05-23-2010, 09:02 PM

I know. It's like they even CGI'ed his alien elbow out of every frame.

Pablo
05-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Nah Bro. Totally fo real.

MMXcalibur
05-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Joe Montana is the reason I'm a Chiefs fan.

RedNFeisty
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Joe Montana is the reason I'm a Chiefs fan.

Ditto!

Psyko Tek
05-23-2010, 09:57 PM
joe montana is the reason they play football

it was set up years ago
the whole NFl
just to let joe play

ClevelandBronco
05-23-2010, 10:10 PM
It still strikes me as a bit odd that you guys think of him as a Chiefs player.

Phobia
05-23-2010, 10:11 PM

I guess you'd have to be a chiefs fan to understand. When was the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game?

kcxiv
05-23-2010, 10:21 PM

I am not a fan of his at all. I respect his game, and realize he's one of the goats. thats where it stops for me. I fucking hate the 9ers when i was young, before i was a Chiefs fan.

ClevelandBronco
05-23-2010, 10:24 PM
I guess you'd have to be a chiefs fan to understand. When was the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game?

That's true, I'm sure.

It's just that for me Montana is a Niner. Rice is a Niner. Favre's a Packer.

Hell, Kosar is a Brown who has a SB ring with a Cowboys logo on it. Probably a typo or something.

Coach
05-24-2010, 03:38 AM
I remember there was a show on Letterman one night where this QB was hitting Taxi Cab's and shattered the back driver window in the process.

I wanted to say Steve Young did it, but I'm not 100% certain that is correct.

big nasty kcnut
05-24-2010, 03:45 AM
I was a chiefs fan before Montana but i wished that he would come to kc and it's came true i loved it.

05-24-2010, 03:58 AM
Was he wearing his Skechers?

Earthling
05-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Joe.....Come back....

Rausch
05-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Was he wearing his Skechers?

LA Gear...

Rausch
05-24-2010, 06:58 AM

If anything were a testament to his greatness...

BigRedChief
05-24-2010, 07:01 AM
I know he was not the Super Bowl winning Joe of his SF days when he came to town. His physical skills wern't what they use to be but his leadership and "intangibles" came with him. I've no doubt in my mind that if Joe doesn't go down with a concussion in Buffalo we win that game and the Super Bowl that year.

I usually don't get attached to rent a players on my teams but I made and still make an exception for Joe. His signed KC Chiefs helmet is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

Joe was the best NFL QB that ever took the field. Period.

Chief Henry
05-24-2010, 07:02 AM

As far as I'm concerned - only two people have been able to walk on water.
Montana is one of them.

Can you beleave the KC Chiefs have not won a playoff game since 1993 ?

**** you Carl !

DJ's left nut
05-24-2010, 09:06 AM
That's true, I'm sure.

It's just that for me Montana is a Niner. Rice is a Niner. Favre's a Packer.

Hell, Kosar is a Brown who has a SB ring with a Cowboys logo on it. Probably a typo or something.

All of these things are true.

But you don't have any fondness for Neil Smith? He's a career Chief, but were I a Bronco fan, I would still be a fan of his as he was a great Bronco as well. And Smith was nowhere near as important to the Broncos success as Montana was to the Chiefs.

I don't expect Montana to take coaching jobs with KC or anything, he's obviously a Niner for life. At the same time, I'll never see better QB play from a Chiefs QB than I did with Montana and that deserves a tip o' the cap and some pretty fond memories.

Over-Head
05-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Even though i'm now way near a "Chiefs" fan, I do applaud his tallent.
Montanna wether remembered as a 49er of a Chief will live as one of the GREATEST QB's ever to pad up!!! (right next to Stabler :D )

...not sure what was funnier, hitting the guy on teh tractor, or nailing the camera man

DJ's left nut
05-24-2010, 09:17 AM
I know he was not the Super Bowl winning Joe of his SF days when he came to town. His physical skills wern't what they use to be but his leadership and "intangibles" came with him. I've no doubt in my mind that if Joe doesn't go down with a concussion in Buffalo we win that game and the Super Bowl that year.

I usually don't get attached to rent a players on my teams but I made and still make an exception for Joe. His signed KC Chiefs helmet is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

Joe was the best NFL QB that ever took the field. Period.

One of the most amazing plays I've ever seen a QB make was a simple checkdown to keep the final drive alive in the Monday Night Miracle.

He was looking for Birden (I think) down the seam and had just stepped up in the pocket. JJ slipped out of his break right as Montana started his throw (and as the pocket was collapsing). Montana had no room for hesitation as his arm was cocked right about the time that Birden slipped. He simply didn't release the ball, turned his shoulders and in one motion fired the ball to Keith Cash along the sideline for 12 yards and a first down.

I've seen great QBs without the field vision to recognize and internalize a slipping WR that late into his throwing motion. Every QB the Chiefs have had in my lifetime would've let that ball fly and had it picked. Montana not only recognized immediately what had happened, but he knew exactly where Cash was and in about 1/2 a second changed his target and released the ball.

It was a classic display of Montana's understated brilliance. It wasn't a rocket arm or broken field running, it was his ability to know exactly where his pocket was and exactly where is recievers are at all times. It was probably a play he made hundreds of time in his career but it exemplified what made him great. With all hell breaking loose around him and with the game on the line, he was completely unflappable and made the play that needed to be made.

ChiefGator
05-24-2010, 09:20 AM
I was a chiefs fan before Montana but i wished that he would come to kc and it's came true i loved it.

Yep, exactly. And we got Allen in the same offseason, who I always had great respect for.

I got to see Montana play his first regular season game as a Chief in Tampa. It was a thing of beauty.

KCChiefsMan
05-24-2010, 09:21 AM
If it weren't for Montana I may be a Cowboy's fan since all of my friends were when I was a kid and still didn't have a football team to root for.

Rausch
05-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Yep, exactly. And we got Allen in the same offseason, who I always had great respect for.

I got to see Montana play his first regular season game as a Chief in Tampa. It was a thing of beauty.

I still have the SI issue that raved on him after the blowout...:)

Rain Man
05-24-2010, 09:27 AM

It is a bit odd, considering that we all view Elway as a Colt.

ClevelandBronco
05-24-2010, 09:50 AM
It is a bit odd, considering that we all view Elway as a Colt.

He never lost the faint stench of the New York Yankees organization.

boogblaster
05-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Joe as a Chief was ok . ....

Hammock Parties
05-24-2010, 09:57 AM
One of the most amazing plays I've ever seen a QB make was a simple checkdown to keep the final drive alive in the Monday Night Miracle.

He was looking for Birden (I think) down the seam and had just stepped up in the pocket. JJ slipped out of his break right as Montana started his throw (and as the pocket was collapsing). Montana had no room for hesitation as his arm was cocked right about the time that Birden slipped. He simply didn't release the ball, turned his shoulders and in one motion fired the ball to Keith Cash along the sideline for 12 yards and a first down.

I've seen great QBs without the field vision to recognize and internalize a slipping WR that late into his throwing motion. Every QB the Chiefs have had in my lifetime would've let that ball fly and had it picked. Montana not only recognized immediately what had happened, but he knew exactly where Cash was and in about 1/2 a second changed his target and released the ball.

It was a classic display of Montana's understated brilliance. It wasn't a rocket arm or broken field running, it was his ability to know exactly where his pocket was and exactly where is recievers are at all times. It was probably a play he made hundreds of time in his career but it exemplified what made him great. With all hell breaking loose around him and with the game on the line, he was completely unflappable and made the play that needed to be made.

Brilliant fucking play, and he made it look easy. In fact, he also avoided a pass rusher. Magnificent.

Best part: the camera man is utterly confounded.

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/montana1.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/montana2.gif

DJ's left nut
05-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Yup, that's the one.

That play perfectly encapsulates Joe Montana. He had the ball pulled back before Birden even finished falling.

The smartest QB to ever play and there's not even a close 2nd.

ClevelandBronco
05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Brilliant ****ing play, and he made it look easy. In fact, he also avoided a pass rusher. Magnificent.

Best part: the camera man is utterly confounded.

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/montana1.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/montana2.gif

That's a thing of beauty.

BigRedChief
05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Joe as a Chief was ok . ....And who has been better since his days?

RedNFeisty
05-24-2010, 11:17 AM
I am not a fan of his at all. I respect his game, and realize he's one of the goats. thats where it stops for me. I ****ing hate the 9ers when i was young, before i was a Chiefs fan.

My dad was a Cowboy's fan, I hated the Cowboy's, so I became a 49'ers fan, I was a fan until Young left. No better QB ever, if you ask me.

Epic Fail 007
05-24-2010, 11:24 AM
I posted this awhile ago in a Joe Montana thread.

I am so gay for Joe. If I met him I would want to give him a big hug. He gives me the warm fuzzies.

lol,same here

Otter
05-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Always was the man. Will always be the man.

MahiMike
05-24-2010, 08:44 PM
While I love both my Chiefs and Joe dearly, I too don't think of him as a Chief but a niner. But it sure was great while it lasted. Best MNF game EVA! between him and Elway.

jAZ
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Viral marketing... from video description (similar for both videos):

"joecomebackplz — April 13, 2010 — http://myshapeups.com/
Joe Montana hits this guy in the head while training with the Pierce HS football team. This comeback brought to you by Skechers Shape-ups."

KcMizzou
05-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Viral marketing

Clearly.

Ebolapox
05-24-2010, 11:06 PM
My dad was a Cowboy's fan, I hated the Cowboy's, so I became a 49'ers fan, I was a fan until Young left. No better QB ever, if you ask me.

my sis is a niner's fan. my pops and I are both chiefs fans, and she had to pick a team both of us didn't like. it works, because we all hate the cowboys.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Thought you guys would like to see this... (good thing for Marty that Willie Davis could stretch like that)

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxgEiPaqAlY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Bane
05-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Thought you guys would like to see this... (good thing for Marty that Willie Davis could stretch like that)

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxgEiPaqAlY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

AWESOME!!!!! I remember that MNF game too...
rep