PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs *****Official Chiefsplanet "I'm not paying for cigarettes anymore" Thread*****

Mr. Flopnuts
05-24-2010, 07:32 PM
This worked incredibly well for me when I decided to take some weight off. I'm going to try it again now that I've decided to quit smoking. I enjoy smoking, but I'm done paying for cigarettes so this is a weird way to quit, but one that I think will become frequent moving forward because it's clear that there is no "ceiling" for cigarette prices.

Anyways, this is my accountability thread. Anyone else who is either in the process of quitting, or thinking about it, feel free to chime in and publicly commit. Public accountability is a powerful factor in your decision making and it sucks having to publicly say "I failed."

I've got 2 cartons of smokes and an ecig set up. Today is my first day and I've smoked 3 cigarettes today. 2 at work around 3pm, and 1 is burning right now. I'm hoping to be smoke free before I run out and never buy another one.

If you've quit, what'd you do? What worked for you? Better yet, what DIDN'T work for you. Cold turkey? Was there a weaning period? Help us stinky assholes out. :p

Demonpenz
05-24-2010, 07:33 PM
write out a thousand dollar check to phobia. If you smoke again phil will cash it and spend it on his truck.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-24-2010, 07:34 PM
If you're wondering what that point was where I said "This is crazy, I'm not paying these prices anymore." It was when they crossed $60 a carton. They're almost $80 everywhere else, but I was buying them from the Indians. So they were $50 and went up $10. When they went to $50 I told myself I wouldn't pay more than that, so we'll see if I live up to that oath.

rockymtnchief
05-24-2010, 07:38 PM
There's a big difference between "Not paying for cigarettes" and quitting smoking.

My buddy quit buying Copenhagen, but he mooched off anyone and everyone.

Are you quitting all together?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
There's a big difference between "Not paying for cigarettes" and quitting smoking.

Oh there's no way I'd ever ask someone for a cigarette. Ever. They're way too expensive to bum off people anymore. I'm not a something for nothing kind of guy. I'm quitting.

BossChief
05-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I quit with the nicoderm patches a couple years ago. If you go that route, I had to take them off 45 minutes before I went to bed because I had some of the craziest dreams ever if I wore them while sleeping.

After saying that, you should leave them on the first night or so if you want a trip, because they can be pretty entertaining stories to tell of what kind of dream you had.

I will always remember waking up scared thinking I was running down the street as fast as I could because I was being chased by a 20 foot tall donut eolling at me. I remember being able to tell by girlfriend at the time that I could smell the donut and remember about every detail of it vividly.

Crazy shit

They worked though.

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I quit cold turkey 14 yrs ago. It was time. They were only $16 a carton then though...

Bugeater
05-24-2010, 07:56 PM
write out a thousand dollar check to phobia. If you smoke again phil will cash it and spend it on his truck.
LMAO

Bane
05-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh there's no way I'd ever ask someone for a cigarette. Ever. They're way too expensive to bum off people anymore. I'm not a something for nothing kind of guy. I'm quitting.

Good luck,I know its not easy for some.
Posted via Mobile Device

RedNFeisty
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Good luck man, they say the first step is wanting to quit, so you are well on your way!!!:clap::clap::clap:

LetsSignRussell
05-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Step 1. Throw away those last two packs.
Step 2. Throw away all lighters and matches.
Step 3. Keep yourself busy.
Step 4. When you get the craving have an audible.
Step 5. Check back tomorrow.

Withdrawal symptoms are the main reason that most people fail to quit. The good news is, that those symptoms only last for 3 or 4 days, and once you are past that first bit, you are 85% more likely to quit for good.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Okay, so I'm learning how to hit this ecig now. It's much more like an actual cigarette than yesterday was. I've had zero smokes today, brought a gambit of different chargers for the e-cigs and have my liquid to refill them. I'm pretty fucking sure I'm officially a non smoker now. With this, I have no urge to smoke an actual cigarette. We'll see..........

Bowser
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
That really is an insane amount of money when you spread the costs over time. Good luck.

Just think, when you come to KC and go out to one of their restaurants, you won't feel put off by the smoking ban!

blaise
05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
My mom smoked for 35 years and quit cold turkey. I never would have thought she could quit, but she did, so good luck. It can be done.

Fritz88
05-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Good for you Mr. Flopnuts. From a health and a financial stand point.

Fritz88
05-25-2010, 01:06 PM
My mom smoked for 35 years and quit cold turkey. I never would have thought she could quit, but she did, so good luck. It can be done.

9 years then went cold turkey. It can be done.

Bowser
05-25-2010, 01:06 PM
My mom smoked for 35 years and quit cold turkey. I never would have thought she could quit, but she did, so good luck. It can be done.So did mine. She had a 50+ year habit, and gave it up like it was no big deal. Of course, the mini-stroke she suffered in February probably helped make up her mind.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone. I run over 20 miles a week, I think I'm pretty healthy at this point. I'm just tired of being broke because of smoking. And I'm tired of my t-shirts turning yellow. :)

Lumpy
05-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone. I run over 20 miles a week, I think I'm pretty healthy at this point. I'm just tired of being broke because of smoking. And I'm tired of my t-shirts turning yellow. :)

Shower more, you stinky fugger!! :D

Congrats on making the decision to give up the habit, Flopnuts! My mom smoked for 45 years. She quit smoking by poking holes in the filters. My uncle smoked for a long time too, and he quit by not inhaling. My brother quit by switching to chew, then he eventually gave up tobacco altogether. So far, all of them have been smoke-free for 5 or more years. It can be done.

I have considered quitting, (especially now that we only have one income). My trouble is that I have a lot of stress w/ my job. Even more so now that my boss is going in for hip surgery tomorrow and I will be running the business by myself for the next few weeks. But maybe, when he returns, I will be able to take some time off from work to be able to enjoy life. That would also be a great opportunity for me to quit. We'll see.

Best of luck to you, friend! I know you can do it! :D

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Good Idea, even Ron Jeremy himself never messed w/ smokes. :-P

Bowser
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Good Idea, even Ron Jeremy himself never messed w/ smokes. :-P

Yeah, but he smoked through a buffet or fifty in his life. ba-dum-dump

NashvilleRock.net
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Congratulations on deciding to give up on the nasty things Floppy. I quit a pack and a half a day habit in January after 21 years and have never looked back. I did it with that Allen Carr book. No, I'm not some spokesperson and I was as skeptical as anyone going into it but since I finished that book, I haven't wanted one. Let me know if you want a link to download it for free.

You have been very inspirational to me in the Gym....eating....thread and I would love to be able to help you in any way that I can. I don't post here much but this brought me out of lurking.

Sofa King
05-25-2010, 03:47 PM

damn, you beat me...

mooching is the most common symptom of people that can't afford cigs..

(not saying Flop can't, he just chooses not to any longer)

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Good for you, Flop.

I quit 15 years ago after seeing both grandparents and my uncle died from lung cancer in a 3 month period.

The motivation doesn't matter, I'm just glad you're making the effort.

Best of luck to you.

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you done the math to see how much money you spent a year on smokes?

Spokane Chief Fan
05-25-2010, 03:58 PM
I quit in July of 09. 2-3 pack a day habit for about 34 years. I used Chantix never one problem with it. I did not even use the whole prescription. But like most ex-smokers will tell you the most important thing is you have to be ready and want to.

Good Luck

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you done the math to see how much money you spent a year on smokes?

I don't know what I was spending, but I know that for the wife and I both, now, it would be $500 a month, or 6k a year. We're both done. And on that note, I've had none today. Don't crave them, and my ecig is like smoking. All the way to that hit in the back of your throat you get from a cigarette. I have no use for them anymore AFAIC. I can sit here at my desk at work and "smoke" while I work. This is fucking great.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I quit in July of 09. 2-3 pack a day habit for about 34 years. I used Chantix never one problem with it. I did not even use the whole prescription. But like most ex-smokers will tell you the most important thing is you have to be ready and want to.

Good Luck

I want to keep my money more than I want to smoke. I'm confident. Congratulations, and thanks for the well wishes.

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't know what I was spending, but I know that for the wife and I both, now, it would be $500 a month, or 6k a year. We're both done. And on that note, I've had none today. Don't crave them, and my ecig is like smoking. All the way to that hit in the back of your throat you get from a cigarette. I have no use for them anymore AFAIC. I can sit here at my desk at work and "smoke" while I work. This is fucking great.

Good for you, bro. Keep it up.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm going to take my money from next month's smokes and buy my plane ticket for the bash. :D

stevieray
05-25-2010, 04:23 PM
good for you.

I quit bying ML when they went over 300 bucks a pack.

I pay twenty a carton.

teedubya
05-25-2010, 04:27 PM
There is a book by Dr. Wayne Dyer called "Excuses Begone" I'd recommend it in a time like this.

My wife got it for me for my birthday and it's an amazing read.

stevieray
05-25-2010, 04:31 PM
There is a book by Dr. Wayne Dyer called "Excuses Begone" I'd recommend it in a time like this.

My wife got it for me for my birthday and it's an amazing read.

she prolly got tired of your big toe smoking after sex.

Sully
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Flop,
I'm in the process. I know everyone says cold turkey is the way to go, but the few times I've tried, it hasn't lasted. So I've been spending the last few days upping the number of hours I can go without one.
The money is one thing, but when my 20-month old girl picked up a lighter and began immitating me smoking, it broke my heart.

I'll tell you what, though, between this and telling me about c25k, you may be personally responsible for adding years onto my life.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Congratulations on deciding to give up on the nasty things Floppy. I quit a pack and a half a day habit in January after 21 years and have never looked back. I did it with that Allen Carr book. No, I'm not some spokesperson and I was as skeptical as anyone going into it but since I finished that book, I haven't wanted one. Let me know if you want a link to download it for free.

You have been very inspirational to me in the Gym....eating....thread and I would love to be able to help you in any way that I can. I don't post here much but this brought me out of lurking.

I have to skim so fast while I'm at work on here. I missed this the first time around. I'd love the link to that so I could read it.

Honestly I think I'm smoke free. I haven't had one today, and while I've thought about it a couple of times since I've gotten home, I realize it's irrational. This has been pretty easy with the ecig, so I figure I'll smoke the ones I've got because, you know, I LIKE smoking. But I haven't yet. I think I'm trying to convince myself before I light one up that I'm not smoking it because I need it, rather because I want it.

Param
05-25-2010, 08:40 PM
This worked incredibly well for me when I decided to take some weight off. I'm going to try it again now that I've decided to quit smoking. I enjoy smoking, but I'm done paying for cigarettes so this is a weird way to quit, but one that I think will become frequent moving forward because it's clear that there is no "ceiling" for cigarette prices.

Anyways, this is my accountability thread. Anyone else who is either in the process of quitting, or thinking about it, feel free to chime in and publicly commit. Public accountability is a powerful factor in your decision making and it sucks having to publicly say "I failed."

I've got 2 cartons of smokes and an ecig set up. Today is my first day and I've smoked 3 cigarettes today. 2 at work around 3pm, and 1 is burning right now. I'm hoping to be smoke free before I run out and never buy another one.

If you've quit, what'd you do? What worked for you? Better yet, what DIDN'T work for you. Cold turkey? Was there a weaning period? Help us stinky assholes out. :p

Check this place out.

http://www.quitsmokingmessageboard.com/

Should help you quit.

Param
05-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Honestly I think I'm smoke free.

Nicotine takes around 72 hours to get out of your body. Now, "smoke free" well there will probably always be urges and/or situations that will come up in the future. Best of luck!

go bo
05-25-2010, 08:44 PM

If you've quit, what'd you do? What worked for you? Better yet, what DIDN'T work for you. Cold turkey? Was there a weaning period? Help us stinky assholes out. :pfinally quit after 20 tries back in '87...

used nicorette gum in decreasing doses over a period of a year...

haven't smoked tobacco since... :bong:

KCChiefsMan
05-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I quit about 3 and a half months ago. Still going strong and I think this time it's for real! I'm working out and can actually run, I lost weight, I'm feeling good.

BossChief
05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
:clap: you will look back on this as one of your best decisions.

You inspiring typa mu'fugga.

jjchieffan
05-25-2010, 08:59 PM
I never picked up the habit. Thank God. But I watched my brother in law and his wife both quit completely for months, only to start back up. The brother in law went to a hypnotist and quit, but she didn't and eventually, he started back. She quit every time she was pregnant. (3 times) only to start back when the babies were born. I think, based on their experience anyway, that you have a plus going for you because the wife quit too. David and Michele claim that it was the other not quitting that caused them to start back.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm about 36 hours smoke free now. Things are going well.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2010, 03:58 PM
This is a ridiculously easy solution for anyone trying to quit smoking.

www.cignot.com

-King-
05-26-2010, 04:14 PM

Holy mother of Shit!

Also, I have never gotten how someone could smoke a pack a day or more. A pack has what? 20+ cigarettes? How the hell do you do that in a day?

BTW... are you quitting smoking all together...or are you still smoking the special stuff?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Holy mother of Shit!

Also, I have never gotten how someone could smoke a pack a day or more. A pack has what? 20+ cigarettes? How the hell do you do that in a day?

BTW... are you quitting smoking all together...or are you still smoking the special stuff?

:bong: I smoked a pack and a half a day. Same for my wife. We drive, we smoke. We watch TV, we smoke. We eat, we smoke afterwards. It's pretty easy to just light them up. I don't remotely miss them though.

LetsSignRussell
05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
congrats dude. keep it rolling.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-26-2010, 07:28 PM
I just lit one up. 44 hours and it occurred to me that I haven't craved one since after lunch Monday. I've got it licked. But I enjoy smoking, and will enjoy the last carton and a half that I have. I'm confident I'll never buy another cigarette.

LetsSignRussell
05-27-2010, 12:26 AM
If you got a vision then go with it.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-27-2010, 01:30 PM
If you got a vision then go with it.

Well, it was a nice thought. I got sick from smoking last night, so I gathered them all up and took them to my pops this morning. I'm done. For the first time in my life I could FEEL how unhealthy the damn things are. My lungs hurt, my heart rate elevated, and I got sick to my stomach. The deal is done. I'm through with them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh like Hell.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
But good luck nonetheless.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2010, 12:02 AM
I haven't had a smoke in 6 days. My ecig is plenty. I think the liquid is going to run me $25 a month, maybe a little more. That's a far cry from the $200 I was paying for smokes that went up to $250 when I said fuck it.

Such a healthier option, more acceptable places to use it, and it's a fraction of the cost of cigarettes. Smokers, seriously look into this.

www.cignot.com

LetsSignRussell
06-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I haven't had a smoke in 6 days. My ecig is plenty. I think the liquid is going to run me $25 a month, maybe a little more. That's a far cry from the $200 I was paying for smokes that went up to $250 when I said **** it.

Such a healthier option, more acceptable places to use it, and it's a fraction of the cost of cigarettes. Smokers, seriously look into this.

www.cignot.com

:clap:

Hammock Parties
06-06-2010, 12:35 AM
I am so proud of Flopnuts. For everything.

Losing Gilbert Brown, finding another job and now quitting smoking. If he cures his premature ejaculation issues, he'll be the perfect man.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I am so proud of Flopnuts. For everything.

Losing Gilbert Brown, finding another job and now quitting smoking. If he cures his premature ejaculation issues, he'll be the perfect man.

I'm generally proud of Flopnuts whether he's smoking or not.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys. I'm working hard at some things and appreciate the multitude of support I've gotten in a variety of different arenas through out the last couple of years. It's been vital to the successes I've had and I appreciate you guys for it.

Phobia
06-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I've quit and started chewing tobacco so many times I've lost count. Started again for no good reason about 3 weeks ago. What is the point of this stuff? I'm at a loss.

In any case, best wishes to you and the wife. You've done an amazing job exercising willpower the past couple of years, dude. You're an inspiration to many.

kstater
06-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Congrats on getting off the hard stuff. Last years tax hike(double here state and federal) was my breaking point.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-14-2010, 11:24 PM
15 days. Needless to say the longest I've gone since I started in the first place. My wife has quit as well. How much money have we saved in 15 days? $250. I'm fucking rich, bitch!

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-14-2010, 11:39 PM
15 days. Needless to say the longest I've gone since I started in the first place. My wife has quit as well. How much money have we saved in 15 days? $250. I'm fucking rich, bitch!

Nice!

Now buy me some wings and a 40 please.

LetsSignRussell
06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
awesome. maybe put that money away in a jar if you can afford to and let it build up.

boogblaster
06-15-2010, 09:07 AM
roll my own .. buck a pack ....

Lumpy
06-18-2010, 08:59 AM
www.cignot.com

Hey, Flopnuts... which model did you get? I checked out the site, but it's confusing as all hell. I may try this method when I decide to quit, (soon, I hope), instead of patches, gum, etc. Just exploring my options at this point.

Hope you and the wife are still doing well w/ kicking the habit.

Dayze
06-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I quit with the nicoderm patches a couple years ago. If you go that route, I had to take them off 45 minutes before I went to bed because I had some of the craziest dreams ever if I wore them while sleeping.

After saying that, you should leave them on the first night or so if you want a trip, because they can be pretty entertaining stories to tell of what kind of dream you had.

I will always remember waking up scared thinking I was running down the street as fast as I could because I was being chased by a 20 foot tall donut eolling at me. I remember being able to tell by girlfriend at the time that I could smell the donut and remember about every detail of it vividly.

Crazy shit

They worked though.

my dad had a similar experience when on it;

he had a dream that he was walking down the Vegas strip with Kris Christophersen, sharing a bottle of whiskey. the best part was the fact that Kris wasn't wearing any pants.

lol

Mr. Flopnuts
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey, Flopnuts... which model did you get? I checked out the site, but it's confusing as all hell. I may try this method when I decide to quit, (soon, I hope), instead of patches, gum, etc. Just exploring my options at this point.

Hope you and the wife are still doing well w/ kicking the habit.

I got the Joye 510 with no box. It was $35 for the kit. I've actually got 2 kits now as I ordered a 2nd one. I haven't had a smoke in almost 3 weeks and don't even miss them with the e-cig.

My wife is using Nicoderm and she's having just as much success. She chose the patch because she wanted to actually quit smoking. I chose the e-cig because I didn't. :D

My e-cig costs me less than $20 a month to use vs. the $250 I was looking at to keep smoking.

Lumpy
06-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Thx, Flopnuts! I will definitely look into it. Congrats to you and the Mrs! :thumb:

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 09:52 PM
As of tonight, once I have smoked my last two cigarettes, I'm done. Like Mr Flopnuts, I am done paying crazy prices. I too enjoy smoking, but can no longer allow myself to buy.

So, here is my accountability...One in progress, one to go and then done. Please wish my children luck and god help the ex in the next week or two!

:#:cuss::eek:

Congrats to you and the Mrs., Mr. FN!!

jbwm89
06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
I quit cold turkey about 11 months ago. It only took me like 20 times of failing but eventually I just wanted to do it. I still have a smoke or two when i drink though.

Bugeater
06-29-2010, 10:27 PM
I quit cold turkey about 11 months ago. It only took me like 20 times of failing but eventually I just wanted to do it. I still have a smoke or two when i drink though.
Heh...where have I heard that before...

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Welp, I had a couple of smokes last weekend. I was out drinking (first time in about 14 months) with some very old friends and I just smoked with them. That's the only mishap though. I wasn't even craving a smoke, I just said wtf? Honestly I'm not even sure it was a mishap.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Welp, I had a couple of smokes last weekend. I was out drinking (first time in about 14 months) with some very old friends and I just smoked with them. That's the only mishap though. I wasn't even craving a smoke, I just said wtf? Honestly I'm not even sure it was a mishap.

Meh, you'll be okay. I quit doing something just as demonic over 4 years ago, and now I can enjoy a scooby snack now and again, and then just let it go.

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 10:54 PM
I failed. :huh:

Lumpy
06-30-2010, 10:57 PM
I failed. :huh:

That sucks when that happens. :( Are you going to keep trying?

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 11:14 PM
That sucks when that happens. :( Are you going to keep trying?

I smoked my last cig last night, made it an hour this morning, then went and got another pack. LMAO

Cold turkey is not the way for me. I figured I would go and get the patch, then see how it works out.

Lumpy
06-30-2010, 11:23 PM
I smoked my last cig last night, made it an hour this morning, then went and got another pack. LMAO

Cold turkey is not the way for me. I figured I would go and get the patch, then see how it works out.

Hopefully you will have better luck w/ the patch than I did. I had such wicked fuggin' dreams that I would wake up in cold sweats. Freaked out and crap from the dreams, I couldn't wait to rush out the door to have a smoke to help calm me down. I may try the gum or what Flopnuts is using. But never again w/ the patches.

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Hopefully you will have better luck w/ the patch than I did. I had such wicked fuggin' dreams that I would wake up in cold sweats. Freaked out and crap from the dreams, I couldn't wait to rush out the door to have a smoke to help calm me down. I may try the gum or what Flopnuts is using. But never again w/ the patches.

I had the patch when I was in the hospital having my third child (too stressed to quit during). It worked wonders for me, but they did have me take it off about an hour before sleeping at night, saying the dreams could be rather crazy if I didn't.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2010, 11:38 PM
www.cignot.com

I am sooooooo money with the Joye510. It has never once been an issue. I do have a buddy who it is not working for, but I'm not sure he's learned how to smoke it yet. It takes a couple of days believe it or not.

Priest31kc
01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Looking to get an E-Cig for me and my girlfriend....we need to quit badly....

Did you officially quit Flopnuts?

Priest31kc
01-16-2011, 04:50 PM
....just ordered the Joye 510 kit w/ 2 E Cigs, 2 atomizers, 2 batteries, 5 prefilled carts, 1 AC charger and 1 PCC for me and the wifey from Cignot.

Then got 2 extra atomizers and batteries. 10 blank carts. And then 60 ML of 18 MG Marlboro flavored liquid. $150.00.

How long do the cartridges last for you guys? Ive done some research, it seems a lot of ppl use about 1-2 atomizers & batteries per month, and use 60-90 ML of liquid per month, so I will have to buy some more liquid probably in a few weeks. But Im just curious how many cartridges we will be going through so I can plan a monthly budget.

Over-Head
01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
day 8 on teh patch...day 8 without a smoke PBJ

R8RFAN
01-16-2011, 04:56 PM
If you're wondering what that point was where I said "This is crazy, I'm not paying these prices anymore." It was when they crossed $60 a carton. They're almost $80 everywhere else, but I was buying them from the Indians. So they were $50 and went up $10. When they went to $50 I told myself I wouldn't pay more than that, so we'll see if I live up to that oath.

60 bucks? WTF I just saw an ad here for a carton of Marlboros for like 42 bucks

Over-Head
01-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I started by switching to a brand that was HALF of the tar, etc in mine. (PLayers Light, for Vouge charactors) I reasoned it dropped me half pack a day already, yet I was still going through 20-25 a day.
I got a cold 2 weeks later ,went 4 days cold turkey, had a few or tried, and coughed my guts up.
Figured WTF, gone 4 days now, get the patch and go for broke.
Wife got me the combo pack, but I can`t stand the gum.

WV
01-16-2011, 05:27 PM
....just ordered the Joye 510 kit w/ 2 E Cigs, 2 atomizers, 2 batteries, 5 prefilled carts, 1 AC charger and 1 PCC for me and the wifey from Cignot.

Then got 2 extra atomizers and batteries. 10 blank carts. And then 60 ML of 18 MG Marlboro flavored liquid. $150.00.

How long do the cartridges last for you guys? Ive done some research, it seems a lot of ppl use about 1-2 atomizers & batteries per month, and use 60-90 ML of liquid per month, so I will have to buy some more liquid probably in a few weeks. But Im just curious how many cartridges we will be going through so I can plan a monthly budget.

If it helps you quit great, but does it bother you at all that probably none of this stuff is regulated and probably direct from China or some other crap hole? I mean cigarettes are obviously terrible for you, but I've often wondered that when people dive into the E-Cig thing. I'm not a smoker, but the whole cartridges filled with who knows what would scare me a little.

Again if helps you quit it's probably worth it....just wondering.

J Diddy
01-16-2011, 05:41 PM
I quit for 10 days on the 26th and then had a relapse. Tomorrow I throw the patches back on and go for it again. I felt great, problem was the patches gave me anxiety attacks but cured the cravings. I took the patches off and the cravings were horrible.

R8RFAN
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
When I smoked, I tried cutting back, didn't work... only way that worked was cold turkey.

threebag
01-16-2011, 09:40 PM
I quit a little over a year ago. First of December 2009. Cold turkey after having my gallbladder removed. Have not smoked since. Gained about ten to fifteen pounds but feel a hell of a lot better. Now I am going to focus on dropping the weight. Good luck to all that are trying to quit.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Looking to get an E-Cig for me and my girlfriend....we need to quit badly....

Did you officially quit Flopnuts?

Nope. Did for about a month, but the wife got laid off and I started back up. Of course I am paying about 30 a carton now since I moved. That was a big part of it.

Bane
01-16-2011, 09:51 PM
So what does a pack of say Marlboro go for now on avg?I haven't bought cigs since the early 90's.

GloryDayz
01-16-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd say season tix are MORE than affordable next year. Now, let's hope the team doesn't drive you to drink!!! :-)

Phobia
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Based on this thread, it looks like I only chewed a little over 6 months in 2010. Let's see if I can make it 12 months in 2011.

LiveSteam
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I told my self I would quit smoking grass when a dime bag went over $50.00 that was 20 some years ago. Now its a $100.00 & im stoned to the bone. :-0)
between cigs & grass I estimate $5000.00 a year give or take.

Brock
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
So what does a pack of say Marlboro go for now on avg?I haven't bought cigs since the early 90's.

5 bucks here. Saw it on a sign at a gas station like it was supposed to be a really good price or something.

Marcellus
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM
I told my self I would quit smoking grass when a dime bag went over $50.00 that was 20 some years ago. Now its a $100.00 & im stoned to the bone. :-0)

LMAO

-King-
01-16-2011, 11:28 PM

Dimebag cost 100? WHAT THE FUCK? I pay 40 max for 2 Gs.

Frosty
01-17-2011, 09:07 AM

I think generics are running $7-8 a pack here. I've seen some people buy cigs in the $10 a pack range at the convenience stores. :eek: I really don't know how anyone can afford to smoke in Washington.

Bane
01-17-2011, 09:22 AM
5 bucks here. Saw it on a sign at a gas station like it was supposed to be a really good price or something.
:eek:

I think generics are running $7-8 a pack here. I've seen some people buy cigs in the $10 a pack range at the convenience stores. :eek: I really don't know how anyone can afford to smoke in Washington.

Damn I honestly had no clue.I smoked for a few years back in the 90's and I think they were around $2.50 a pack but I really cant remember.That's just crazy IMO and I'm glad I quit that shit long ago.

LiveSteam
01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Dimebag cost 100? WHAT THE ****? I pay 40 max for 2 Gs.

A dime weighs 7.2 Grams ,baggie = .2
You pay $40 for 2 grams. $80.00 for 4 grams. & a $100.00 + for 6 grams. Hmm??
I hope who ever?? took a lot of TLC when growing your Buds. Its the most important part.:-)
If its Mexican dirt SHHHHHWAG your getting ripped. & I dont mean STONED.

Gracie Dean
01-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Hubby chews and I smoke. My doctors tell me at every visit, I need to quit, but I tell them at this point why???

but we looked at the cost we both share and realized we could do a LOT with the 300 + bucks a month we spend on tobacco

MOhillbilly
01-17-2011, 12:05 PM

you are gettin ripped off.

MOhillbilly
01-17-2011, 12:06 PM

thats a 1/4 oz bro. not a dime.

LiveSteam
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM
thats a 1/4 oz bro. not a dime.

In Omaha 4 dimes make an Ounce.

Buck
01-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I havent bought weed in over a year, but a 1/4 oz for 100 seems a little steep.

That would be like 80 here....although I think its more readily available.

Phobia
01-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Hubby chews and I smoke. My doctors tell me at every visit, I need to quit, but I tell them at this point why???

Why take any treatment at all then, Pam? Let me see if I have this right - you would rather give up on a chance at life than give up a filthy, disgusting habit... It's not half as hard quitting as everybody makes it sound. The only hard part is sustaining the "quit" part. I have to avoid people who chew and opportunities to buy it or I will fall off the wagon. Just a few minor lifestyle changes.

MOhillbilly
01-17-2011, 12:24 PM
reminds me of lids,lenz, & 1,2,3, fingers. Ah old timers. LS i looked it up and its old school but you are correct.

Rukdafaidas
01-18-2011, 08:09 AM

I strongly second this.
I smoked close to 2 packs/day for 25 years. I had someone tell me that they quit instantly after reading this book called "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr. I was skeptical and never even looked it up. Then last summer I saw this post and realized it was the same author, so I went to Amazon and saw this:
http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-smokers/dp/1402771630/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295359058&sr=8-1
I don't think I've ever seen anything on Amazon with that many reviews have a complete 5 stars. After reading a ton of the reviews, I bought it and I haven't smoked since July 3rd of last year.
I will say this.....The book isn't magic like a lot of the people on there will make it sound. Hell, I would still like a cigarette. But, I also didn't go through near the withdrawal pains as I had in the past when I tried to quit. I have no idea how it worked, it just did.

Thank you so much NashvilleRock.net.:thumb: You were a big part in helping me quit that disgusting habit. Major rep for you!

-King-
01-19-2011, 12:34 AM
You pay $40 for 2 grams. $80.00 for 4 grams. & a $100.00 + for 6 grams. Hmm??
I hope who ever?? took a lot of TLC when growing your Buds. Its the most important part.:-)
If its Mexican dirt SHHHHHWAG your getting ripped. & I dont mean STONED.

One thing I've learned is that weed is measured differently in different parts of the country. This is just an example.

Over-Head
01-21-2011, 09:04 AM
. I have to avoid people who chew and opportunities to buy it or I will fall off the wagon. .
I'm starting week 3 of the patch, and havent lit one up yet... how you making out Phil?