PDA

View Full Version : News Hooters' waitress sued company for being told that she is fat

Msmith
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Controversy surrounding Cassandra Smith, a 20 year old Hooters employee, is gaining momentum among civil rights activists after she was told by her employer that she ought to lose weight otherwise face termination.

According to Hooters of America, the corporate company, in an official statement, “the company does uphold image standards from the more than 17,000 Hooters girls currently serving in the more than 455 restaurants around the world.” Hooters went on to say that the employee has been “counseled about [her] weight," even going so far as to offer Cassandra Smith a free gym membership.

A free gym membership. Not bad.

In a video statement, Cassandra Smith commented that she was told that her uniform was “not properly fitting anymore” (italics are mine). A seemingly callow remark implying that her uniform did fit at one point in her career as a Hooters waitress. To me, when a uniform, bridal gown, prom dress, business suit -- clothes -- no longer fit, it is a clear indication that you are putting on weight.

Cassandra Smith does not have a valid case. Ms. Smith is free to work anywhere else in this great country of freedom and choice, assuming her new employer does not have “standards.” As I’ve said before, if one willingly applies to work at an establishment where image is among the top requirements, then the applicant does indeed have an obligation to uphold that deal; handshake or contract. Cassandra Smith appears to be squatting on the “acceptance bandwagon” and might very well gain support from others who myopically interpret this as an unjust social rights violation.

I applaud Hooters; not only are they preventing Cassandra Smith from rolling down a hill headed towards obesity at an early age, but they are upholding their own corporate standards as being “delightfully tacky yet unrefined...”

Link with pics: http://ww.examiner.com/x-1943-Fitness-Examiner~y2010m5d19-hooters

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
*in.

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Nobody wants that, it's not good for anybody involved.

Pants
05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
What's next, ugly people suing model agencies for not hiring them? If you want to work for Hooters (ugh), don't get fat. Pretty easy.

Sofa King
05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Looked good before, after not so much...

She is no longer able to carry out her job in the manner in which they hired her... move on...

no real story here...

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 10:00 AM
i dont wanna click on the link! just post the fuckin pics from the article like any normal fucking american person would!

JFC!

KCChiefsMan
05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
JFC. Tell the bitch to lose some weight. I should sue her for going out in public wearing skimpy clothing, because it's gross on fat girls!

Bob Dole
05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Apparently, their "standard" varies from community to community. Chubbo Smith would be welcomed by the management here.

L.A. Chieffan
05-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Damn that chicks only 20?

Maybe 20 guys a night...

HoneyBadger
05-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Hooters is doing her a favor and telling her that she is getting fat.

gblowfish
05-25-2010, 10:06 AM
If weight and appearance is part of the original hiring conditions, then she has no case. I'm sure Hooters has some sort of agreement with Hooters girls about what meets their job requirements.

If she was a cashier, this would be an issue. As a Hooters Girl, its on her.

HemiEd
She needs to lay off the dark meat, stick with the wings.

King_Chief_Fan
If they are finding a way around it in the recruitment process, they ought to be able to maintain the criteria after selection is made. All she has to do is serve the wings....not eat them.

Hydrae
Looked good before, after not so much...

She is no longer able to carry out her job in the manner in which they hired her... move on...

no real story here...

She is the Joe Montana of Hooters.

or something like that.

Msmith
05-25-2010, 10:07 AM
i dont wanna click on the link! just post the ****in pics from the article like any normal ****ing american person would!

JFC!

I don't know how to post pictures. *buried head in shame*

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Apparently, their "standard" varies from community to community. Chubbo Smith would be welcomed by the management here.

Solid point. Is the 'standard' a true stardard. While a gal in X state may be equally exploitable in any state, the propensity for the talent pool from which they've extracted her may not.

Frivolous lawsuit, in my (female appreciating and admiring) opinion. The job entails a particular parameter, one I'm sure the hiring legal team has drummed out, in their corporate ways.

Race car drivers tend not to have debilitating reaction times, nor hockey goalies. Airline pilots need good vision. Girls who extract above average tips based on the shape and volume of their ass are judged on the shape and volume of their ass.

The caveat being, did they offer her another job within that was equivalent but different? Were they obligated?

BWillie
05-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Controversy surrounding Cassandra Smith, a 20 year old Hooters employee, is gaining momentum among civil rights activists after she was told by her employer that she ought to lose weight otherwise face termination.

According to Hooters of America, the corporate company, in an official statement, “the company does uphold image standards from the more than 17,000 Hooters girls currently serving in the more than 455 restaurants around the world.” Hooters went on to say that the employee has been “counseled about [her] weight," even going so far as to offer Cassandra Smith a free gym membership.

A free gym membership. Not bad.

In a video statement, Cassandra Smith commented that she was told that her uniform was “not properly fitting anymore” (italics are mine). A seemingly callow remark implying that her uniform did fit at one point in her career as a Hooters waitress. To me, when a uniform, bridal gown, prom dress, business suit -- clothes -- no longer fit, it is a clear indication that you are putting on weight.

Cassandra Smith does not have a valid case. Ms. Smith is free to work anywhere else in this great country of freedom and choice, assuming her new employer does not have “standards.” As I’ve said before, if one willingly applies to work at an establishment where image is among the top requirements, then the applicant does indeed have an obligation to uphold that deal; handshake or contract. Cassandra Smith appears to be squatting on the “acceptance bandwagon” and might very well gain support from others who myopically interpret this as an unjust social rights violation.

I applaud Hooters; not only are they preventing Cassandra Smith from rolling down a hill headed towards obesity at an early age, but they are upholding their own corporate standards as being “delightfully tacky yet unrefined...”

Link with pics: http://ww.examiner.com/x-1943-Fitness-Examiner~y2010m5d19-hooters

She's an entertainer. Deal w/ it. I don't ever go to Hooters because their food sucks so bad, but when I did, it wasn't for the over priced food, it was for the atmosphere.

Donger
05-25-2010, 10:15 AM
it was for the atmosphere.

And the attitude. Don't forget that.

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 10:19 AM
i dont wanna click on the link! just post the ****in pics from the article like any normal ****ing american person would!

JFC!

Their current team

http://i47.tinypic.com/11se69i.jpg

teedubya
When I was 19 I was a cook at the Overland Park Hooters... it was sooo awesome. I had sex with 3 hooters chicks... one of which was in her 30's which was quite an accomplishment for 19 year old tw.

BigRichard

JFC!

Just for you...

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID1943/images/hooters.jpg

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 10:30 AM
I have to say I'd be a bit disappointed. I'd walk in for fun and food, and leave feeling sad for the woman. I'd tip her well, but I'd do it out of pity. The net result being I'd never go back to Hooters because (A) the food probably sucked and (B) the 'good times' and fun flirting with the comely waitress would amount to feeling back for the beat-up lady obviously working a job she hates simply for the money.

I'm above all an empathethic man, which is why I've been to Hooters once in my life. I see through the noise. But, I also like to have fun and know that comely young gals reap huge rewards for serving dinner wearing more than they do at the beach. It's a service, like making O-rings or welding, or telling me which wax ring I need for X-toilet.

If you don't fulfill the role, it's not discrimination, it's incompetance. Whether it be mental or physical. In this case, it's apparently physical. Companies do need to protect their investment in order to procure a clientel.

sedated
05-25-2010, 10:32 AM
she looks like 45 year old trailor trash in that 2nd pic.

-King-
05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Wtf? Looks like she was smacked with a bag of ugly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
05-25-2010, 10:38 AM
The places in Dallas (most of Texas) set a good standard to follow... I went to one in Nebraska once. Never again - corn fed, baby ... that's where this girl should go.

BWillie
05-25-2010, 10:40 AM
And the attitude. Don't forget that.

People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, okay? They come to Hooter's for the atmosphere and the attitude. Okay? That's what the flair's about. It's about fun. Look, Hooter's wanted her to express yourself. Okay? Now, if you feel that the bare minumum and being fat is enough, then okay. But some people choose to wear more and eat less and we encourage that. Okay? You do wanna express yourself, don't you?"

HemiEd
05-25-2010, 10:40 AM
When I was 19 I was a cook at the Overland Park Hooters... it was sooo awesome. I had sex with 3 hooters chicks... one of which was in her 30's which was quite an accomplishment for 19 year old tw.

Do you mow lawns and trim?

ArrowheadHawk
05-25-2010, 10:45 AM
The places in Dallas (most of Texas) set a good standard to follow... I went to one in Nebraska once. Never again - corn fed, baby ... that's where this girl should go.The one in vegas was nice also. :thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, okay? They come to Hooter's for the atmosphere and the attitude. Okay? That's what the flair's about. It's about fun. Look, Hooter's wanted her to express yourself. Okay? Now, if you feel that the bare minumum and being fat is enough, then okay. But some people choose to wear more and eat less and we encourage that. Okay? You do wanna express yourself, don't you?"

they go to hooters for the T & A.

hitler made the jews wear flair buddy

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 10:55 AM
they go to hooters for the T & A.

hitler made the jews wear flair buddy

that's enough L.A. Chieffan, just cool it with the anti-semitic remarks.

L.A. Chieffan
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM

oh thats right, aren't you dating somebody from UCLA now?

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Do you mow lawns and trim?

Lose my number.

Donger
05-25-2010, 10:58 AM

That isn't anti-Semitic.

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 10:59 AM
oh thats right, aren't you dating somebody from UCLA now?

NO CAN DO!!!!!!!!! I'm with Evelyn now, GREAT ass!

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 11:00 AM
That isn't anti-Semitic.

ROFL

Bane
05-25-2010, 11:02 AM
All I want to know know is,what is everyones thoughts? Is she fat?is she not?If so is it a crime to state the truth?Like when you say Obama is black are you a racist? Just curious about everyones thoughts.

L.A. Chieffan
05-25-2010, 11:04 AM
i have to admit, she looks better in the before pic. happier too.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:04 AM

to the defense: imagine hearing this bullshit? You'd like to punch the guy, right? I imagine it's much worse.

Eh. I imagine the orientation program spelled it all out. She knew exactly wtf she was in for. Unless the manager was inappropriate (grabbing, touching, words, etc), she doesn't have an (apparantly increasing girth) of a leg to stand on.

She was hired to be a babe. She lost it. A pilot that losing his bearings is similarly SOL, imo.

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 11:05 AM
All I want to know know is,what is everyones thoughts? Is she fat?is she not?If so is it a crime to state the truth?Like when you say Obama is black are you a racist? Just curious about everyones thoughts.

If i go to Hooters, which is literally once per ten yrs. Then **** YES i wanna see hot, it's its' culture, sheesh. There are plenty of places to wait tables. It becomes common-sense for the applicant, or at least it should.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:07 AM

See post #22.

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
See post #22.

no.

Red Beans
05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
So there's no way for Hooters to accentuate he growing jubblies so that the refined customer doesn't notice he flabbity flab? She must have been getting large.

Bane
05-25-2010, 11:10 AM
If i go to Hooters, which is literally once per ten yrs. Then **** YES i wanna see hot, it's its' culture, sheesh. There are plenty of places to wait tables. It becomes common-sense for the applicant, or at least it should.

I don't go to hooters much,theres several places around my house and in downtown STL that have much better service and just as good of a "view" so it's no big deal to me.I do however agree that in that type of place the girls should be hot,but not everyone is gonna think all the girls are hot.I was just curious about that line between honesty and cruelty,thats all.

Red Beans
05-25-2010, 11:11 AM
They caught her in the back mainlining buffalo sauce, passed out in a pool of ranch dressing...oh the humanity!

KCUnited
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Guess I'm the only one with the shiny hose on a big girl fetish.

Bane
See post #22.

Just saw it.Well thats what I mean,is it now illegal to be honest?

MahiMike
Sounds to me like she wouldn't put out for the manager...)

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Guess I'm the only one with the shiny hose on a big girl fetish.

all you, brah. ;)

Bane
05-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Sounds to me like she wouldn't put out for the manager...)

Or she wouldn't swallow.Well then by the looks of her after pic,maybe she swallowed too much!

savchief
05-25-2010, 11:28 AM
OP omits some pertinent facts. She's actually lost weight from when they first hired her.

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/05/25/news/doc4bfbac3416d21558029193.txt

Bane
05-25-2010, 11:30 AM
OP omits some pertinent facts. She's actually lost weight from when they first hired her.

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/05/25/news/doc4bfbac3416d21558029193.txt

Yep,she spit or didn't take it in the but.....ROFL

RJ
05-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Willie Mays, Johhny Unitas, Babe Ruth....

You just gotta know when to let go, when to turn the game over to the younger players.

Nothing sadder than a Hooters Girl past her prime.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:33 AM

Was there a correlation factor involving meth?

Sully
05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I've had an ongoing suit against "People" magazine for years, because apparently, I keep ranking as the world's 51st sexiest person.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I've had an ongoing suit against "People" magazine for years, because apparently, I keep ranking as the world's 51st sexiest person.

Pretty boy.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 11:53 AM
That's what happens when you grub on your customers leftovers.

raybec 4
05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Why would she want to keep up the charade? She's headed toward maximum density, she should just relax and keep eating the twinkies.

bowener
05-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Damn... I thought before and afters were supposed to work the other way... she's doing it wrong.

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID1943/images/hooters.jpg

edit:

It sounds more like they switched the photos. She apparently had been losing weight as savchief pointed out.

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 11:59 AM
That's what happens when you grub on your customers leftovers.

nasty.

luv
05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm waiting for the day when they make being overweight considered a disability (which I would not agree with). Until then, it's at will employment, and being overweight is not a protected "class". The only case she would have would be in how they told her, and if they did so in front of others.

I'm overweight, but that's my own doing. I'm also still active and working to lose weight. I also have the common sense to know that, while I've got the tits to be able to work at hooters, I have too much of everything else.

Bane
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
nasty.

Yep,I have a friend that likes to "pick" off of everyone plate after were done.Maybe I'm silly but thats fukkn nasty.

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
FIRE HER NOW.

Jethopper
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM
She wasn't exactly a looker in the first place

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm waiting for the day when they make being overweight considered a disability (which I would not agree with). Until then, it's at will employment, and being overweight is not a protected "class". The only case she would have would be in how they told her, and if they did so in front of others.

I'm overweight, but that's my own doing. I'm also still active and working to lose weight. I also have the common sense to know that, while I've got the tits to be able to work at hooters, I have too much of everything else.

I think it IS a protected attribute. Hence, the lawsuit.

HonestChieffan
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Make her wear her uniform to court and this is over in 10 minutes flat.

raybec 4
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM

protected attribute?

bowener
05-25-2010, 12:11 PM

Couldn't an employer fire you based on weight as a health concern? I thought they could fire or punish smokers because it cost the company more money for insurance or something.

Bane
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Couldn't an employer fire you based on weight as a health concern? I thought they could fire or punish smokers because it cost the company more money for insurance or something.

Aren't several states still hire/fire at will states? Meaning you can be fired with any or no reason what so ever.

Valiant
05-25-2010, 12:14 PM

So she quit excercising, lost all her muscle mass and actually got fatter while losing weight is more accurate??

Seems to me she is not upholding the image like they/she wanted and has not been working her shifts that she has been scheduled.. Now wants to sue for lost wages and emotional distress?? Someone might want to tell her subpoena's are public record.. And two, do not tell girls shit.. Seriously you work with girls at a restaurant.. gossip, rumors and facts spread like wildfire..

Valiant
05-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Aren't several states still hire/fire at will states? Meaning you can be fired with any or no reason what so ever.

Basically the dumb bitch wants a quick payday.. If she does get a out of court settlement the lawyers and PR firm will eat most of it and she will be working at Perkins two months later..

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:16 PM
protected attribute?

Meaning that being overweight could be a 'disability' or otherwise 'attribute' that is considered to be protected, under law, as a trait/hereditary condition that is applicable under 'hate crime' laws or similar discrimination laws. Hate, get wit' it!

Bane
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Basically the dumb bitch wants a quick payday.. If she does get a out of court settlement the lawyers and PR firm will eat most of it and she will be working at Perkins two months later..

I get that part of it.I'm just saying that if you can't stay up with the standards of your employer,then fukk off and get another job.

raybec 4
05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Meaning that being overweight could be a 'disability' or otherwise 'attribute' that is considered to be protected, under law, as a trait/hereditary condition that is applicable under 'hate crime' laws or similar discrimination laws. Hate, get wit' it!

I don't think that being overweight applies, she would have to prove some disability and then prove that they didn't make a reasonable effort to accommodate her.

mikey23545
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
If the shorts won't fit,
Then you must acquit!

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Man, in doesn't matter what the law actually states, nor does it matter how the de facto interpretation of the law results. What matters is how it can be manipulated and the girl is savvy. She''ll make a killing. The judge knows it's a scam, the lawyers on both sides know but won't care because they're getting paid handsomely.

The judge will get a temporary reknown for presiding over it, resulting in a book deal or some other lucrative talk-show engagement. Everyone will forget about it within days.

Donger
05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
If the shorts won't fit,
Then you must acquit!

LMAO

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't think that being overweight applies, she would have to prove some disability and then prove that they didn't make a reasonable effort to accommodate her.

Man, discrimination laws are so nebulous, you could say you've been discrminated against by not seeing highway signs that are 40 feet wide and win. There have been cases where BLIND MEN HAVE CALLED OUT DRIVING LAWS AND WON!

luv
05-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Man, discrimination laws are so nebulous, you could say you've been discrminated against by not seeing highway signs that are 40 feet wide and win. There have been cases where BLIND MEN HAVE CALLED OUT DRIVING LAWS AND WON!

Being blind is considered a disablilty. Disabled are a protected class. Overweight people are not.

luv
05-25-2010, 12:34 PM

Being overweight is not protected.

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM

its a fuckin retarded semi-troll.

luv
05-25-2010, 12:36 PM
its a ****in retarded semi-troll.

And I'm a chick in the mood to argue. :)

Bane
05-25-2010, 12:37 PM

Maybe not yet but like you said yourself,it wouldn't surprise me if it were to become protected very soon.I just want to know where it stops.Stupidity,long hair,extra hairy back,blue eyes.I mean FUKK.....:cuss:

raybec 4
05-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Maybe not yet but like you said yourself,it wouldn't surprise me if it were to become protected very soon.I just want to know where it stops.Stupidity,long hair,extra hairy back,blue eyes.I mean FUKK.....:cuss:

What's the standard for "extra hairy" vs just hairy?

Bane
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM

ROFL Nice....
I'm just curious as to what is the stopping pint.

Hydrae
05-25-2010, 12:43 PM

:clap:

We get enough comments when someone screws up grammar, I thought I should point out how well done this was!

seclark
05-25-2010, 12:45 PM

i was asked to get out of the ocean last week. they said the hair off my back was clogging the drain.
sec

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
:clap:

We get enough comments when someone screws up grammar, I thought I should point out how well done this was!

know how i know you are ghey?

Bane
05-25-2010, 12:53 PM
:D

Simply Red
05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
know how i know you are ghey?

well we ARE gay lovers, that AND we share birthdays. :)

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
well we ARE gay lovers, that AND we share birthdays. :)

im a leo born under the virgo sign fucker.
king of the jungle motherfuckers!
http://www.hamovhotov.com/picturegallery/thumbs/lrg-763-being_the_king_of_the_jungle_aint_easy.jpg

luv
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
im a leo born under the virgo sign ****er.
king of the jungle mother****ers!
http://www.hamovhotov.com/picturegallery/thumbs/lrg-763-being_the_king_of_the_jungle_aint_easy.jpg

You've got some big balls.

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
You've got some big balls.

i lay like that so i dont sit on em.

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 01:08 PM
alittle something for you boys and girls to print out and take home for special time.
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp8/rcoa/lionballsandanus.jpg

Hammock Parties
05-25-2010, 01:09 PM
She doesn't look fat to me. Something's up.

She has that crazy ho look, though. And damn, butterface.

http://images.townnews.com/dailytribune.com/content/articles/2010/05/25/news/doc4bfbac3416d21558029193.jpg

seclark
05-25-2010, 01:10 PM
alittle something for you boys and girls to print out and take home for special time.
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp8/rcoa/lionballsandanus.jpg

wtf!?!
did gochiefs hack in and log on as mo?:eek:
sec

Bane
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM

http://images.townnews.com/dailytribune.com/content/articles/2010/05/25/news/doc4bfbac3416d21558029193.jpg

Bitch looks crazy!:eek:

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:12 PM
She has that crazy ho look, though.

Someone stole her hot wings.

Dave Lane
05-25-2010, 01:12 PM
She should learn to spit instead of swallow.

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
wtf!?!
did gochiefs hack in and log on as mo?:eek:
sec

i know your shit has qued up X100. dont lie.

im bored and entertainin myself.:)

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Someone stole her hot wings.

my god shes got a chicken head.

DJ's left nut
Pretty simple solution:

Next time - just fire the fat ones.

Don't tell them anything. Don't allude to the possibility that they're letting themselves go.

You can always find another airheaded bimbo to strut around in tight clothing for a few bucks.

They should've shitcanned the girl and moved along.

Next time that's exactly what they'll do.

seclark
i know your shit has qued up X100. dont lie.

im bored and entertainin myself.:)

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
my god shes got a chicken head.

ROFL

seclark
05-25-2010, 01:17 PM

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Pretty simple solution:

Next time - just fire the fat ones.

Don't tell them anything. Don't allude to the possibility that they're letting themselves go.

You can always find another airheaded bimbo to strut around in tight clothing for a few bucks.

They should've shitcanned the girl and moved along.

Next time that's exactly what they'll do.

Nah, just let them all work the same 1 hour shift together every week and throw an all you can eat special. Call it the "Hoggin hour special"

Sofa King
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM

http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/Smileys/CarTalk/ttiwwop.gif

MOhillbilly

man i want one of those to scare the kids. put it in there room in the middle of the night and make something go 'bump'.

Bane
http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/Smileys/CarTalk/ttiwwop.gif

2nd.....

luv
05-25-2010, 01:28 PM
i lay like that so i dont sit on em.

LMAO

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
LMAO

its funny cause its true.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:31 PM

Would you like some fries with that?

Jilly
05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
meh.....it'd be one thing if she gained 100 lbs, but 25 this way or that doesn't seem like too much...she was pretty darn thin before. Did they have a weight limit, like don't go 10lbs over what you are nwo?

Garcia Bronco
05-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Cassandra...stop eating the food there.

sedated
05-25-2010, 01:59 PM
meh.....it'd be one thing if she gained 100 lbs, but 25 this way or that doesn't seem like too much...she was pretty darn thin before. Did they have a weight limit, like don't go 10lbs over what you are nwo?

I think the weight limit falls somewhere around “you look fat, bitch”.

If I’m paying $15 for 4 chicken strips, I want some sexual fantasies on the side.

DaneMcCloud
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Huh?

You don't think there's a big difference between 110 and 135? I sure do.

Jilly
05-25-2010, 02:08 PM
is there a full body pic of her somewhere? Because honestly, she doesn't look that much fatter... one pic is far away and the other one is close up, so it's hard to tell accurately, imo.

Jilly
05-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I think the weight limit falls somewhere around “you look fat, bitch”.

If I’m paying $15 for 4 chicken strips, I want some sexual fantasies on the side.

Isn't "fat" a subjective matter though? Who can really judge that? Every Hooters' waitress would be in danger of losing their job under new management based on his/her opinion of their body, size, or color of hair. "sorry, hon, but you're fired because I only like blondes." I was just asking if there were specific guidelines the girls would understand in advance to know their limitations or to be protected in any way?

raybec 4
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Isn't "fat" a subjective matter though? Who can really judge that? Every Hooters' waitress would be in danger of losing their job under new management based on his/her opinion of their body, size, or color of hair. "sorry, hon, but you're fired because I only like blondes." I was just asking if there were specific guidelines the girls would understand in advance to know their limitations or to be protected in any way?

I wonder if anyone who works as a Hooters waitress has the forethought to get something like that in writing.

sedated
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM

considering those guidelines would be nearly impossible to set (and more than likely discriminatory), and the fact that Hooters waitress isn't exactly seen as a potential career, I don't think those guidelines could ever be made official.

I’m assuming she is a lot more worried about her self-esteem after being called fat, than her career as a Hooters waitress.

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 02:31 PM
jilly her stoopid googley eyed face is enough to get her fired if you have something better on deck. and A- you always have something on deck B- in time its always better than whats in the batters box.

Jilly
05-25-2010, 02:31 PM
considering those guidelines would be nearly impossible to set (and more than likely discriminatory), and the fact that Hooters waitress isn't exactly seen as a potential career, I don't think those guidelines could ever be made official.

I’m assuming she is a lot more worried about her self-esteem after being called fat, than her career as a Hooters waitress.

did you read the rest of the article? She was hired at a heavier weight than what she is now.

Jilly
05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Stefan Pinto: Do you think companies that uphold an image-based standard are in violation of one’s civil rights?
Jamie Eason: I believe that if a company hires you, they are hiring you based on your current appearance and fit for their image or brand. In this particular Hooters incident, Cassie actually lost weight from the date she was hired. It should be a non-issue.Stefan Pinto: Should Cassandra Smith take the free gym membership to keep her job at Hooters?
Jamie Eason: I feel that the company offering her a free gym membership is above what many others might do, but a 30 day requirement is not the most realistic. I'd tell Cassie to take the free gym membership but I wouldn't blame her if she had her lawyer look into potential weight discrimination charges because as I mentioned before, they hired her at a heavier weight, so the expectation to lose weight should have been set before the initial hire.

Param
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
I think the best part of this story is that the manager of that store is like 400lbs.

Bane
05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I think the best part of this story is that the manager of that store is like 400lbs.

That's fuggn sad.:shake:

sedated
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
did you read the rest of the article? She was hired at a heavier weight than what she is now.

I got distracted by the pics of that Jamie Eason chick...

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 02:51 PM
That's fuggn sad.:shake:

And kinda awesome.

UteChief
05-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Last time I went to the Hooters in SLC, my waitress looked like she was 14. She needed to eat a few wings.

RedNFeisty
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
She did get fat, what the hell is she complaining about?? She should have realized it when her tips starting decreasing, not having to be told by management. Stupid blond!!

See, I know how to spell blond...so go and FYP yourself!! :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
05-25-2010, 09:15 PM
She did get fat, what the hell is she complaining about?? She should have realized it when her tips starting decreasing, not having to be told by management. Stupid blond!!

See, I know how to spell blond...so go and FYP yourself!! :thumb:

There's no way that the girl in the Hooter's outfit is 145 pounds.

She's lying.

big nasty kcnut
05-25-2010, 11:19 PM
I just want to look at the hot hooters girls is that so wrong.

Rain Man
05-26-2010, 12:28 AM
I would think that the look of disappointment on your customers' faces every time they see you would be enough to make you get another job.

I've been to a Hooters twice. One time the waitress was a jawdropper - like, wow - and the other time it was a gal who looked like she ate all the ribs off the plates as the tables were cleaned off.

Simply Red
05-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Cassandra...stop eating the food there.

I'm not really quite sure as to 'WHERE' this is from - but I really laughed at it. I AM going to Google it though. lol

EWOK
05-26-2010, 09:25 AM
If I am going to go to a restaurant to eat and see girls half naked I would go to a topless bar the food is better and cheaper. Most people go to Hooters just to flirt with the girls and the girls know that it is just a game because in the end they get paid but not everyone has the same taste in women. Is women my have a case depending on the labor laws of that state but being overweight is not a disability now.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2010, 09:39 AM
There's no way that the girl in the Hooter's outfit is 145 pounds.

She's lying.

No, she would have to be 6'2" if she was 145 in the picture. Now, she might be 245 in the second picture.

luv
05-26-2010, 09:43 AM
No, she would have to be 6'2" if she was 145 in the picture. Now, she might be 245 in the second picture.

Over 200, but she doesn't look THAT big. I've been that big.

Param
05-26-2010, 11:02 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_agHXcORx9eY/S_SdWpym4fI/AAAAAAAAC30/EVtPl5rXJzk/s1600/hootersmanager.jpg

NY CHIEF
05-26-2010, 11:22 AM
ROFL http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_agHXcORx9eY/S_SdWpym4fI/AAAAAAAAC30/EVtPl5rXJzk/s1600/hootersmanager.jpg

Omaha
05-26-2010, 01:15 PM

Ha! Yeah, she'd unfortunately fit right in at the Omaha Hooters.

loochy
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM

I'd probably PIIHB.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Over 200, but she doesn't look THAT big. I've been that big.

It was a joke, 145 into 245..I don't really think she is 245, but over 200 for sure.

GoChiefs, in that picture is not fat. But, in the side by side that I showed, she is over weight.

Deberg_1990
05-26-2010, 01:55 PM

ROFL

Gotta love societys double standards.

Maybe if someone ever opens up a resteraunt catering to women where the waiters only wear skimpy briefs and called it "Peckers", he will get denied a job?

DaneMcCloud
05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
I'd probably PIIHB.

From the look on her face in that picture, it appears that someone beat you to it.

Bowser
05-26-2010, 02:02 PM
From the look on her face in that picture, it appears that someone beat you to it.

And she STILL can't believe she did it.....

Omaha
05-26-2010, 02:06 PM
ROFL

Maybe if someone ever opens up a resteraunt catering to women where the waiters only wear skimpy briefs and called it "Peckers", he will get denied a job?

Oh yeah! That dud's not working at Peckers. He's probably OK with it, too.

Bane
05-26-2010, 02:09 PM
ROFL

Does that mean they will have to make a gay one called "packers"?

RockChalk
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I got distracted by the pics of that Jamie Eason chick...

Funny, I was distracted as well :eek:

Omaha
05-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Yeah, Perkins will take any fatty!

Jilly
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Still not getting the point....when she was hired, she was at a heavier weight than the weight she was fired at. She actually lost weight after she was hired.

DaneMcCloud
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Still not getting the point....when she was hired, she was at a heavier weight than the weight she was fired at. She actually lost weight after she was hired.

Based on what? Her statement, which was not under oath?

If she's claiming she was 145 pounds while wearing the Hooter's uniform, she's lying.

Jilly
05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Based on what? Her statement, which was not under oath?

If she's claiming she was 145 pounds while wearing the Hooter's uniform, she's lying.

Based on the article....so again, why can't there be a standard...This is what you weigh now, we expect you to stay within ten lbs of this or we will have grounds to terminate you.

DaneMcCloud
05-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Based on the article....so again, why can't there be a standard...This is what you weigh now, we expect you to stay within ten lbs of this or we will have grounds to terminate you.

The article? Without an documentation of her weight, anything she says is arbitrary.

There is NO way that the girl dressed in the Hooter's uniform is 145 pounds.

Not a chance.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2010, 06:47 PM
1st picture, working at Hooter's.....2nd picture, after working at Hooter's. It is irrelevant how much she weighted in her uniform, fact of the matter is, most states are, right to work states, meaning they can fire anyone no reason needed. The cunt needs to STFU and get another job, stop trying to sue for the sake of suing. Besides her weight she is ugly.

sedated
05-26-2010, 06:51 PM

the more important question is how she managed to lose weight and look fatter.

Predarat
05-26-2010, 06:52 PM
They should not have hired her anyways, that has to be a B cup, if I were a Hooters manager it would be solid C cups or higher. Its called HOOTERs for cryssake. No flat chested waitresses should be hired anyways.

Frazod
05-26-2010, 06:53 PM
They should not have hired her anyways, that has to be a B cup, if I were a Hooters manager it would be solid D cups or higher. Its called HOOTERs for cryssake. No flat chested waitresses should be hired anyways.

FYP

Predarat
05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
FYP

I agree D cups are usually better but some gals look pretty good in a solid C cup. B cups and lower outta be banned at Hooters.

Omaha
05-26-2010, 07:07 PM
1st picture, working at Hooter's.....2nd picture, after working at Hooter's. It is irrelevant how much she weighted in her uniform, fact of the matter is, most states are, right to work states, meaning they can fire anyone no reason needed. The **** needs to STFU and get another job, stop trying to sue for the sake of suing. Besides her weight she is ugly.

Nah, she was hot in that first picture.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Nah, she was hot in that first picture.

You can have her, I don't want her!! :)

Spott
05-26-2010, 07:37 PM
She's probably mad because she's finding out that most other restaurants actually want you to provide decent service unlike the shitty service that's provided at Hooters.