PDA

View Full Version : Misc Govt: About 45 million Americans don't buckle up

Pages : [1] 2

Donger
05-25-2010, 10:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20100524/ap_tr_ge/us_travel_brief_seat_belts

WASHINGTON – The government estimated Monday that 45 million Americans are not buckling up in their cars, a poor habit that factors into thousands of highway deaths every year.

The Transportation Department released its estimate of seat belt use as it kicked off the annual "Click It or Ticket" campaign. The department said 84 percent of motorists wore their seat belts in 2009, an all-time high, but that still left millions of unbelted Americans on the nation's roads. Eighty-three percent were buckled up in 2008.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said an average of 38 unbelted people a day are killed in motor vehicle crashes. In 2008, nearly 14,000 motorists not wearing seat belts were killed in motor vehicle crashes. Half could have been saved if they had buckled up, he said.

"Wearing your seat belt costs you nothing and not wearing one costs everything," LaHood said.

Statistics compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that those least likely to buckle up are teens and young adults, males, nighttime riders, motorists traveling on rural roads and motorists riding in pickup trucks.

Among states, Michigan led the nation with 98 percent of its motorists buckling up, followed by Hawaii with 97.9 percent, Oregon with 96.6 percent and Washington state with 96.4 percent. Fifteen states and the District of Columbia had a seat belt use of 90 percent or better.

Wyoming had the lowest rate in the nation with 67.6 percent, followed by New Hampshire with 68.9 percent and South Dakota with 72.1 percent.

Massachusetts, which had the nation's worst seat belt rate of 66.8 percent in 2008, showed the largest improvement among any state, raising its belt rate to 73.6 percent. Kentucky also made strides, improving to 79.7 percent in 2009, compared with 73.3 percent in 2008.

The "Click It or Ticket" campaign is running through June 6. More than 10,000 police agencies around the nation will enforce seat belt laws surrounding the Memorial Day holiday. The message will be reinforced with $8 million in national advertising, which began May 17.

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 10:41 AM
I admit I usually don't unless I am on a small highway or the weather is bad.

boogblaster
05-25-2010, 10:42 AM
just more revenue ... end thread ...

Donger

Why not?

AndChiefs

May I ask why not?

*edit* Donger beat me by a few seconds. */edit*

Donger
05-25-2010, 10:44 AM

Yes, I personally don't like that in many places it is law. But, it's just common sense to me that you protect yourself.

Stevie.Wonder
Honestly, being 'free' in my mind means saying fuck-all to seat-belt laws. I buckle-up because I believe it'll help out in the event shit hits the fan. As a scientist and motorcycle rider, I also know it's 50/50 at best. A serious crash and you'd probably wish you hadn't if you survive.

Sofa King
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20100524/ap_tr_ge/us_travel_brief_seat_belts

Wyoming had the lowest rate in the nation with 67.6 percent, followed by New Hampshire with 68.9 percent and South Dakota with 72.1 percent.

w00t! SD made a national list!

but seriously, i'd like to see a proportional-to-population list of how many SD drivers get in accidents vs how many accidents from those top lists.....

be interesting to see the stats either way, good or bad..

Bane
05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't use mine but I have the old lady and kids do every time.Stupid I know but I just don't wear them.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes, I personally don't like that in many places it is law. But, it's just common sense to me that you protect yourself.

Not to be contrarian, but should 'common sense' be applicable to creating laws?

Donger
05-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Not to be contrarian, but should 'common sense' be applicable to creating laws?

I'm not a big believer in the Nanny State.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 10:49 AM

Amen

Dayze
simply a ploy to initiate more stops, to find more sh*t they can charge/fine you for.

that being said...I always buckle up since it was required on the Navy base I was stationed at; now it's like habit.

Stevie.Wonder
w00t! SD made a national list!

but seriously, i'd like to see a proportional-to-population list of how many SD drivers get in accidents vs how many accidents from those top lists.....

be interesting to see the stats either way, good or bad..

Keep in mind, these list-toppers are known to have highway system covered in ice and snow. Driven upon by people who also say fuck-all to laws (which I agree with, for better or for worse). The 'for worse' part is that they die when they drive like dickheads, without seat-belts, on frozen roads.

Donger
I don't use mine but I have the old lady and kids do every time.Stupid I know but I just don't wear them.

Why not? Do you have some physical problem that prevents you from reaching over to get the belt or something?

Dayze

beat me to it.

Sofa King
05-25-2010, 10:50 AM

i wear it probably 10% of the time, i used to wear it lots more when i went to school in HS (because i felt i had to) and College in Aberdeen, SD where there is 25k people...

Why not?

I live in a town of less than 700... i can drive from work to home and not meet another car....

i wear it on trips out of town and that's about it... around town, there are never any accidents, so i generally don't bother.... i don't feel i need to strap it on, drive 3 blocks in a straight line with 1 or 2 turns (maybe), then unstrap...

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 10:51 AM

I'm not a defeatist, nor am I 1984-er, but I'm not sure it's not inevitable.

Dayze
05-25-2010, 10:51 AM
i wear it probably 10% of the time, i used to wear it lots more when i went to school in HS (because i felt i had to) and College in Aberdeen, SD where there is 25k people...

I live in a town of less than 700... i can drive from work to home and not meet another car....

i wear it on trips out of town and that's about it... around town, there are never any accidents, so i generally don't bother.... i don't feel i need to strap it on, drive 3 blocks in a straight line with 1 or 2 turns (maybe), then unstrap...

:D...that's what she said...

Donger
05-25-2010, 10:52 AM

I see. It's the lack of other cars that justify wearing it or not. I can understand that, but not at all accidents involve other cars (see DT).

Bane
05-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Why not? Do you have some physical problem that prevents you from reaching over to get the belt or something?

No not at all.I just refuse to wear them.I never have and maybe to my end I never will.I understand the whole rule of law thing and all,but I don't like being told I have to strap into my vehicle when I drive it.I'm not gonna kill you or anyone else by not wearing it.I'm only endangering myself so I choose not to wear it.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 10:55 AM

Great question. If I had kids, I'd rather beat them than allow them to travel 18 feet without their seatbelt/carseat.

Yet, I take great disrepsect/insult to my government saying the same.

Donger
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
No not at all.I just refuse to wear them.I never have and maybe to my end I never will.I understand the whole rule of law thing and all,but I don't like being told I have to strap into my vehicle when I drive it.I'm not gonna kill you or anyone else by not wearing it.I'm only endangering myself so I choose not to wear it.

Ah. You like the daredevil/risk taker aspect.

jAZ
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
My wife works with a woman who was in a car accident not long ago. She didn't have a seatbelt on and she launch her head partway through the windsheild. She miraculously not only survived but seems to be fully healthy now.

But just barely.

As you might imagine, she's a full blown advocate for seat belts now.

I don't get not wearing them. It's not at all an inconvenience. Worst case is it's a habit you haven't developed yet. Once it's a habit for you, the inconvenience is just a non-issue.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 10:58 AM
More revenue and an excuse to jack people up.

Bane
05-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Ah. You like the daredevil/risk taker aspect.

No its really not even that.I guess I'm just a hard headed s.o.b.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 10:59 AM
My wife works with a woman who was in a car accident not long ago. She didn't have a seatbelt on and she launch her head partway through the windsheild. She miraculously not only survived but seems to be fully healthy now.

But just barely.

As you might imagine, she's a full blown advocate for seat belts now.

I don't get not wearing them. It's not at all an inconvenience. Worst case is it's a habit you haven't developed yet. Once it's a habit for you, the inconvenience is just a non-issue.

Whatever

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Bubblewrap, imagine how many lives we could save with it.

jAZ
05-25-2010, 11:01 AM

Do you really put your family and kids at risk of losing their father over an emotional protest against being told what to do?

That's the most f*cking childish thing I've heard in a long time.

If you really want to protest the laws, that's perfectly fine. I support that. But instead of setting a bad example for your kids and putting them at risk of growing up without a father, maybe you can wear the seatbelt all the time except when the cops pull you over.

Dayze
05-25-2010, 11:01 AM
More revenue and an excuse to jack people up.

yep
"I pulled you over for not wearing your seat belt.....where are you headed? mind if I look through your car? You do?...go ahead and step out of the car for me"

Demonpenz
05-25-2010, 11:02 AM
my car beeps an beeps unless you buckle up....you get used the beeps after awhile

jAZ
05-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Whatever

Like I said, protest the regulation all you want. But don't you don't have to BE an idiot to defend the RIGHT to be an idiot.

ChiTown
05-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't think it should be a law, but I seriously don't understand why people refuse to wear them.

BIG_DADDY
Do you really put your family and kids at risk of losing their father over an emotional protest against being told what to do?

That's the most f*cking childish thing I've heard in a long time.

If you really want to protest the laws, that's perfectly fine. I support that. But instead of setting a bad example for your kids and putting them at risk of growing up without a father, maybe you can wear the seatbelt all the time except when the cops pull you over.

I wear mine the mass majority of the time but I gotta say it can be a hassel in city traffic. On that note the last time I got a seat belt violation was sitting at a red light. I posted an entire thread on what happened from there.

Valiant

I know I have to shit quicker when I wear a seatbelt after eating from the pressure on my stomach..

But honestly this is just revenue grab.. How many of those people per day(38 a day) would have died anyway.. It is literally 50/50 on your chances.. Only reason I did not get serious damage when I got tboned by a cab running through a intersection doing 70 was because I was not wearing my seatbelt.. Him wearing his seatbelt saved him..

Shit if they want money, just go after people that litter from their cars..
1st offense: 50fine, 8hours community service
2nd O: 250fine, 40hours CS (used to chain gain clean up on hwyways)
3rd O: 250fine, 80hours CS
4th O: 1500fine, 100hours CS
5th O: 2500fine, 250hours CS (garnish wages for fine that needs to be paid in one year for 4th and beyond fines) Have it set up like a W2 type form for state.. Either you can forfeit the money that you made or you have to pay out that way there is no way to dodge it, besides not paying your taxes..

jAZ

Remember when I mentioned childish a minute ago?

Mr. Laz
05-25-2010, 11:04 AM
which is why the big push on seat belt law ... cha ching!!

gotta get that money with more tickets

it's bullshit

Bane
05-25-2010, 11:06 AM
my car beeps an beeps unless you buckle up....you get used the beeps after awhile
I turn my radio up,and my tires drown it out when I have my windows down.

Like I said, protest the regulation all you want. But don't you don't have to BE an idiot to defend the RIGHT to be an idiot.

Thats kinda what I'm getting at.I understand it's statistically safer to wear it but I just plain don't want to and I guess till I get caught enough times or pay the fine enough,I wont.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2010, 11:06 AM
I buckle up every time unless I'm just running to the corner store, which is literally right around the corner.

DT.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
yep
"I pulled you over for not wearing your seat belt.....where are you headed? mind if I look through your car? You do?...go ahead and step out of the car for me"

Here are a few that I got.

"Have you been drinking this evening?" twice
"Where are you headed?"
"How long have you lived in this state?" after I already told him I don't live here. Twice

Total prick. Next time I get pulled over for that crap I am going to pull over in a totally hazardous spot.

jAZ
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
I wear mine the mass majority of the time but I gotta say it can be a hassel in city traffic. On that note the last time I got a seat belt violation was sitting at a red light. I posted an entire thread on what happened from there.

Honest question. What does city traffic have to do with it? I can understand if maybe you were headed to a big cross-dresser gala and didn't want your mess up your poofy pink dress... (:p) but what sort of trouble does any sort of driving outside 1000 feet cause?

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Bubblewrap? We could drive cars made out of Nerf by now and smash into each other for fun, if we wanted to.

Valiant
I turn my radio up,and my tires drown it out when I have my windows down.

Thats kinda what I'm getting at.I understand it's statistically safer to wear it but I just plain don't want to and I guess till I get caught enough times or pay the fine enough,I wont.

It is on statistically safer when you read a proseatbelt study..

jAZ

If you don't like the law, then getting punished by the law should be the last thing that changes your behavior. Now the threat of getting killed or maimed and putting your family's future at stake (as well as being a good rolemodel to my kids) would seem to be the real changer ... at least to me.

Hell, my 3 year old reminds me if i forget to put the belt on. It would be a far bigger hassle for me to try to rationalize to him why I don't wear one but mommy does and he *has* to.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:16 AM

Oh, no. Car that beep at me get a frontal lobotomy. Fuck that noise.

Donger
05-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Aren't you a big fan of organic foods and such? If so, why do you prefer to eat that way?

Stevie.Wonder
Honest question. What does city traffic have to do with it? I can understand if maybe you were headed to a big cross-dresser gala and didn't want your mess up your poofy pink dress... (:p) but what sort of trouble does any sort of driving outside 1000 feet cause?

I don't think it does. He's just saying his propensity to get busted was adversely increased by being city-bound. (i.e.: city cops, surrounding by drugs, murder, rape, and theft, were spending their time busting folks for seat belts.) Fine. Maybe it's for the best.

Dayze
Here are a few that I got.

"Have you been drinking this evening?" twice
"Where are you headed?"
"How long have you lived in this state?" after I already told him I don't live here. Twice

Total prick. Next time I get pulled over for that crap I am going to pull over in a totally hazardous spot.

a relative of mine is a Trooper in Missouri; he said when initiatives and points of emphasis like this come up, it's basically a green light to initiate as many stops as possible. More stops = better likelihood of them finding drugs, expired licenses, people with warrants, or other fine-able offenses increases 10 fold.

the trickiest part of convicting any violations or incrimiating evidence after the stop is to prove why the car was stopped in the first place.
; but when you have a green light to pull over someone for not wearing their seatbelt the officer can initiate at will - even if you were wearing your belt , he can claim that it 'appeared' as though you were not; therefore the stop. And the initiative of DOT will support him.

So when the DOT says it's for 'safety' etc, it's BS

isn't there an AC/DC song out there called "Smash and Grab"?.....it s hould be the them song for LEOs.

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Why not?

Well I live in a small town so I don't feel I need to wear it when I am driving around.

When I drive on a divided highway sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

ChiTown
Bubblewrap? We could drive cars made out of Nerf by now and smash into each other for fun, if we wanted to.

/thread over.

Best idea, EVAR!ROFL

gblowfish
I put mine on before I put a key in the ignition. Derrick Thomas cleared that up for me in a big hurry.

Donger
05-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Well I live in a small town so I don't feel I need to wear it when I am driving around.

When I drive on a divided highway sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

Single car accidents do happen, you know.

Rain Man
05-25-2010, 11:24 AM

Just out of curiosity, what would have to happen for you to change your stance on seat belts? I'm talking hypothetically, no pressure here.

Do you not do it now because you don't think it makes a difference? Or just because you don't like being told to do it? If you were to read stats that show that it increases your odds of avoiding death or injury, would that make you start wearing it, or would you still not do it because it's a law? I'm curious.

I would propose this question to any non-wearers, not just bane.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I buckle up every time unless I'm just running to the corner store, which is literally right around the corner.

DT.

Do you hit the alarm, too? Gah. Nobody wants to steal your hoopty.

/not you, personally, but it cracks me up when folks 'beep beep' their 1998 Mazda whateverthefuck like anyone even sees it.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:25 AM
/thread over.

Best idea, EVAR!ROFL

Yes, it is. Imagine.

Bane
05-25-2010, 11:26 AM
If you don't like the law, then getting punished by the law should be the last thing that changes your behavior. Now the threat of getting killed or maimed and putting your family's future at stake (as well as being a good rolemodel to my kids) would seem to be the real changer ... at least to me.

Hell, my 3 year old reminds me if i forget to put the belt on. It would be a far bigger hassle for me to try to rationalize to him why I don't wear one but mommy does and he *has* to.

Well first off,of all the things I do with and for my kids,they will surely give me a pass on the seat belt.2nd I will not wear a seat belt till I decide I want to.I will not be made to wear one.

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Single car accidents do happen, you know.

Rarely if ever that happens in town.

Donger
05-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Rarely if ever that happens in town.

Did you know that more people die in single car crashes than in multiple car crashes?

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:30 AM
a relative of mine is a Trooper in Missouri; he said when initiatives and points of emphasis like this come up, it's basically a green light to initiate as many stops as possible. More stops = better likelihood of them finding drugs, expired licenses, people with warrants, or other fine-able offenses increases 10 fold.

the trickiest part of convicting any violations or incrimiating evidence after the stop is to prove why the car was stopped in the first place.
; but when you have a green light to pull over someone for not wearing their seatbelt the officer can initiate at will - even if you were wearing your belt , he can claim that it 'appeared' as though you were not; therefore the stop. And the initiative of DOT will support him.

So when the DOT says it's for 'safety' etc, it's BS

isn't there an AC/DC song out there called "Smash and Grab"?.....it s hould be the them song for LEOs.

Land of the free? Look, every generation of my family has paid back to Uncle Sam. I'm a Long Hair, but no drugs. I've been searched up and down, car ripped apart, dogs eaten my lea ther seats. Motherfucker, what part of being American does that matter to the SS in our our country? Not to mention I'm half woo-hoo Indian?

Tactical Funky
05-25-2010, 11:37 AM
I've always worn my seatbelt. It's a good, prudent habit and I simply don't understand why someone would choose not to use a seatbelt that comes pre-installed in every vehicle and may save one's life. I've been in two serious wrecks and would've probably died were it not for the combination of a seatbelt and airbag. I was hospitalized in both instances, but things could've been much, much worse. The insurance agents were amazed I survived when they came out to look at the mangled mess of car both times.

Dayze
05-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Land of the free? Look, every generation of my family has paid back to Uncle Sam. I'm a Long Hair, but no drugs. I've been searched up and down, car ripped apart, dogs eaten my lea ther seats. Motherfucker, what part of being American does that matter to the SS in our our country? Not to mention I'm half woo-hoo Indian?

I like your 'Fire'.

...say, can you play Right Tackle?

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
I like your 'Fire'.

...say, can you play Right Tackle?

I'm athlethic but undersized. My footwork is suited to left tackle, but I lack the push and strength to fend off superior pass rushers. My intangibles are off the charts, but intangibles won't sign the expense account on the Pro Bowl invite. Unfortuately, I'm mediocre at best.

Dayze
05-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm athlethic but undersized. My footwork is suited to left tackle, but I lack the push and strength to fend off superior pass rushers. My intangibles are off the charts, but intangibles won't sign the expense account on the Pro Bowl invite. Unfortuately, I'm mediocre at best.

is your name Ryan O'Callahan?
:D

ThaVirus
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm a pretty avid non-seatbelt wearer myself. Can't say why other than the fact that I find it uncomfortable. I got a $96 ticket for a seatbelt violation and wanted to bitch slap the cop that gave it to me..

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Did you know that more people die in single car crashes than in multiple car crashes?

I haven't kept up on crash statistics in awhile. I imagine those are mostly highway related not podunk town related

BWillie
05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't see why the government can make it illegal to drive w/out a Helmet or w/out a seat belt. I mean, if you don't do those things, you are probably not using your noggin in the first place, but it shouldn't be illegal. If you want to put yourself at an unnecessary risk, so be it. Wearing a seat belt or not wearing a seat belt puts nobody at risk other than yourself, it's not like running a red light, not using your blinker, etc.

penguinz
05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm a pretty avid non-seatbelt wearer myself. Can't say why other than the fact that I find it uncomfortable. I got a $96 ticket for a seatbelt violation and wanted to bitch slap the cop that gave it to me..Then you need to adjust it properly. If the belt is in the correct position you hardly notice it is there.

Unless you are a tub. ;)

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Idiot.

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Idiot.

HemiEd
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I have been wearing mine since the DT accident. Besides, my Challenger will make your life miserable if you don't have it on.
I have heard stories that the air bags will ruin your day, if you don't have the belt on.

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Idiot.

Thanks

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I have heard stories that the air bags will ruin your day, if you don't have the belt on.

So will a windshield.

Bane
05-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Idiot.

Ok.Fine,but I'm not hurting you by doing it so fukk off!

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM

Your odds of NOT DYING exponentially increase by buckling up. You'd have to be an idiot not to.

It does hurt others when you don't buckle up and end up fucking dying. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to comprehend.

Pants
05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Honestly, it feels weird for me to drive without a seatbelt. Like something is way off.

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Your odds of NOT DYING exponentially increase by buckling up. You'd have to be an idiot not to.

It does hurt others when you don't buckle up and end up fucking dying. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to comprehend.

I get it Saul you will really really miss me. I feel the same way.

Rain Man
05-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't see why the government can make it illegal to drive w/out a Helmet or w/out a seat belt. I mean, if you don't do those things, you are probably not using your noggin in the first place, but it shouldn't be illegal. If you want to put yourself at an unnecessary risk, so be it. Wearing a seat belt or not wearing a seat belt puts nobody at risk other than yourself, it's not like running a red light, not using your blinker, etc.

Same reason why it's not legal to store gasoline in open containers or have live electrical wires in your house. It costs money to drag your body to a hospital or morgue and clean up afterward.

RJ
05-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I used seat belts long before it was a law. I puzzled as to why anyone wouldn't.

I bet if I was to read this thread I'd find some answers.

RJ
05-25-2010, 12:30 PM
So many people assume that risky behavior like not wearing seat belts, smoking, not wearing a motorcycle helmet, etc, carries only the risk of death and that it's no one elses business. The reality is that you could just as easily end up a freaking vegetable or paraplegic who will have to be cared for by other people for many years.

Not preaching, just chipping my .02.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

It does hurt others when you don't buckle up and end up ****ing dying. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to comprehend.

That's not really true. They're better, but not exponentially. Under 45 mph, you're odds are greatly improved. Don't have the #'s, sorry, but it's ~50%. After 45 mph, it's really a crap shoot. Your chances of surviving are slim, regardless of an Olds Cutlass or E-Class.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM
So many people assume that risky behavior like not wearing seat belts, smoking, not wearing a motorcycle helmet, etc, carries only the risk of death and that it's no one elses business. The reality is that you could just as easily end up a freaking vegetable or paraplegic who will have to be cared for by other people for many years.

Not preaching, just chipping my .02.

Very, very true. And honestly, regardless of seatbelts: Car crashes, severe ones, are so violent that survival is not only not probable, but less than desirable.

You're going to be a veg, an expensive one, etc.

Donger
05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
That's not really true. They're better, but not exponentially. Under 45 mph, you're odds are greatly improved. Don't have the #'s, sorry, but it's ~50%. After 45 mph, it's really a crap shoot. Your chances of surviving are slim, regardless of an Olds Cutlass or E-Class.

I don't believe that is accurate. You are suggesting that somehow greater speed decreases the chances of dying?

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't believe that is accurate. You are suggesting that somehow greater speed decreases the chances of dying?

I don't believe that was implied by my statement.

Bowser
05-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I buckle up, but strangely, I usually buckle after I've driven a couple hundred yards. No idea why I do it like that.

RJ
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Very, very true. And honestly, regardless of seatbelts: Car crashes, severe ones, are so violent that survival is not only not probable, but less than desirable.

You're going to be a veg, an expensive one, etc.

Yeah, I think if you're in a collision at 75 MPH a seat belt won't necessarily be much help.

OTOH, if you get rear ended at a stop light, a seat belt might be the difference between sustaining minor neck injuries or a major head injury from your melon meeting the windshield.

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Same reason why it's not legal to store gasoline in open containers or have live electrical wires in your house. It costs money to drag your body to a hospital or morgue and clean up afterward.

Shocker! It costs, on average, 10X as much to transport you die than it does to let you die.

Believe me or don't.

Bowser
05-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Shocker! It costs, on average, 10X as much to transport you die than it does to let you die.

Believe me or don't.I'm thinking that if I'm dead, I really couldn't care less how much it costs to get me to the morgue.

RJ
I buckle up, but strangely, I usually buckle after I've driven a couple hundred yards. No idea why I do it like that.

I un-buckle after I go a couple hundred yards. I've always heard most accidents happen close to home, so the further away I get the safer I feel.

Stevie.Wonder

I bet it goes like this:

Don't think of it. Think of it and say fuck it. Say fuck it, it's better than the alternative.

Pants
05-25-2010, 12:54 PM

I'm kind of the same way, except it's usually 20-30 yards into it. I guess it just seems like it saves a couple seconds. Don't know...

Stevie.Wonder
05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking that if I'm dead, I really couldn't care less how much it costs to get me to the morgue.

Yeah, that came out bad. Didn't make any sense. It doesn't really matter, though. It seems people are shocked to the notion that healthcare, particularly emergency healthcare is a for-profit indulgence. Not only is it for-profit, but it is for the utmost profit that can be imagined. As in, your kids have a life-insurance policy against them. THAT YOUR COMPANY OWNS. You dig? I'm crazy, though.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Ok, that's fine, but IMO if you're dumb enough to not wear a seat belt or helmet, you should waive all rights to file an insurance claim (even if the accident is someone else's fault) for your injuries, because WE ALL pay for it then.

Donger
05-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't believe that was implied by my statement.

Indeed, you seemed to stating it as fact.

Of course a seat belt helps prevent death at higher speeds. F=MA

Donger
05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I think if you're in a collision at 75 MPH a seat belt won't necessarily be much help.

:spock:

HemiEd
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Ok, that's fine, but IMO if you're dumb enough to not wear a seat belt or helmet, you should waive all rights to file an insurance claim (even if the accident is someone else's fault) for your injuries, because WE ALL pay for it then.

The newer cars actually have a data recorder in them, that gives the insurance companies a lot of outs.
The log gives a blow by blow of what happened, and also whether the seat belt was being worn or not.

BigRedChief
I never, ever wore a seat belt. The first week I started Respiratory Therapy school they put us in the ER. One week was all it took to make me wear a seat belt and make everyone else in my car wear a seat belt or they don't ride in my car.

Stevie.Wonder
Indeed, you seemed to stating it as fact.

Of course a seat belt helps prevent death at higher speeds. F=MA

I completely disagree to your initial rebutall.

As far as F=MA goes, if I could, I'd embed car crash videos of 1955 Cadillacs vs. 199X shitboxes. F+M is highly in the 1955's favor. Unfortunately, structural intregrity severely overcomes A in this equation.

I admit though, as a rule, yes, F=MA. It doesn't however in T-Birds Vs. shitboxes c. 2000.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
The newer cars actually have a data recorder in them, that gives the insurance companies a lot of outs.
The log gives a blow by blow of what happened, and also whether the seat belt was being worn or not.
Generally you can tell by the nature and severity of the injuries on whether it was being worn or not, and if an insurance company can deny an injury claim due to them not being worn that's news to me.

Donger
05-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I completely disagree to your initial rebutall.

As far as F=MA goes, if I could, I'd embed car crash videos of 1955 Cadillacs vs. 199X shitboxes. F+M is highly in the 1955's favor. Unfortunately, structural intregrity severely overcomes A in this equation.

I admit though, as a rule, yes, F=MA. It doesn't however in T-Birds Vs. shitboxes c. 2000.

You wrote: "After 45 mph, it's really a crap shoot. Your chances of surviving are slim, regardless of an Olds Cutlass or E-Class."

Are you suggesting that a person who is wearing seat belt during a 45+ mph crash is just as likely to die as a person who is not?

Rain Man
05-25-2010, 01:21 PM

I think he meant in a given crash. Your odds of survival are lower in a high-speed crash, but they nonetheless go up with a seat belt whether it's low-speed or high-speed. Speed may mess with the odds, but I don't know how.

For example, in a 30-mph crash, maybe you've got an 80 percent chance of surviving without a seat belt, and a 50 percent chance of not having major injuries. With a seat belt, your odds may increase to 95 percent and 75 percent. But at 75 mph, your survival/walkaway odds may go from 5/10 to 40/20.

In thinking about it, I bet the odds payoff are better at high-speed crashes. You still may be screwed, but you help your odds more by wearing a seat belt just because you're likely a goner without it.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Seatbelt laws empower law enforcement and insurance companies. Why anyone would be for that is beyond me.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Seatbelt laws empower law enforcement and insurance companies.
Only if you're not using them.

alnorth
05-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Seatbelt laws empower law enforcement and insurance companies.

This is one of the silliest sentences I've seen in a while. Law enforcement I wont comment on it and dont care, but insurance? You say that as if the insurance company makes or loses more money with or without seatbelt laws. In the long run, they dont. If claims increase, they raise their rates.

The insurance companies dont pay for lack of seat belt use, WE do.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Just so no one misses this.

It just kills me about how the people that bitch about the increasing 'nanny state' are usually the same 'it's all about me' mother****ers who can't take simple responsibilities in their lives that foster the need for all this gov't intervention.

alnorth
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
if an insurance company can deny an injury claim due to them not being worn that's news to me.

They cant. Thats part of the problem. They aren't covering that guy's injury (except in PIP states, which I think KS and/or MO might be, I dont remember), they are covering your liability for causing the wreck. Since the other guy was a dumbass who refused to wear a belt because no gub'mint wuz gunna tel him whats to do, instead of an annoying wreck and minor bruising you have major head trauma. Either way, whether the accident was serious or not, the insurance for whoever caused the accident pays.

What if he's uninsured or only drives with minimum coverage? Who pays? We do, of course. The damned taxpayers get screwed again because some jackass wouldn't buckle up. Whether its through higher insurance rates, or through more expensive hospital bills for the insured, either way, we all pay when some dumbass doesn't buckle up.

RJ
05-25-2010, 01:33 PM

Don't get me wrong. It might help and I doubt it could hurt. But if your car looks like an accordion and you're inside it, the seat belt won't do much for you.

Personally, I never drive w/o one.

rambleonthruthefog
05-25-2010, 01:34 PM
i always do. its stupid not to. its fucking stupid not to. if you don't wear a seat belt your a stupid fucking moronic dope. if you have kids and you don't wear a seatbelt, your a selfish dumb fuck. that being said, it is unconstitutional to force americans to wear a seatbelt.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:34 PM
This is one of the silliest sentences I've seen in a while. Law enforcement I wont comment on it and dont care, but insurance? You say that as if the insurance company makes or loses more money with or without seatbelt laws. In the long run, they dont. If claims increase, they raise their rates.

Silly me, I forgot insurance companies don't care about profit margins.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
i always do. its stupid not to. its ****ing stupid not to. if you don't wear a seat belt your a stupid ****ing moronic dope. if you have kids and you don't wear a seatbelt, your a selfish dumb ****. that being said, it is unconstitutional to force americans to wear a seatbelt.
:facepalm:

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
JFC dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Yes, they do care about them, and it's a lot easier for them to make a profit when they're not having to pay unnecessary injury claims.

alnorth
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM

Of course they do. My company wants to make about 12% return on equity. We don't care how many claims are filed, one way or another we are going to get the profit we want. If you live in a state filled with dumbasses who dont buckle up, you get to pay more in premiums because we sure as hell aren't giving up our profit margin.

This is one of the most brutal, highly price-competitive businesses in America. If there is any chance at making a decent profit with decent rates, the Geico's of the world will force us down, but when losses rise for everyone, prices also rise for everyone.

Bane
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM
i always do. its stupid not to. its ****ing stupid not to. if you don't wear a seat belt your a stupid ****ing moronic dope. if you have kids and you don't wear a seatbelt, your a selfish dumb ****. that being said, it is unconstitutional to force americans to wear a seatbelt.

ROFL

rambleonthruthefog
05-25-2010, 01:39 PM
as far as insurance goes. who gives a shit whats best for ins. no laws should be written with ins. companies in mind. every car ins. policy should end with, if you weren't wearing a seat belt you, your kids, your family doesn't get shit.

jjchieffan
05-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I am a concienscest objector when it comes to seat belt laws. Or just call me stubborn. The government has no right to force me to wear a seatbelt and I'll be damned if I will wear one because it is a law. I will buckle up to avoid a ticket, but then unbuckle as soon as I am down the road. II got a seatblet ticket once in New Jersey. Never paid it, don't plan on it. I got a couple of nasty letters from them, but that's all they did about it. As long as I don't go back to Jersey, I should be fine. And I don't intend to ever go back to the asshole of the world known as New Jersey anyway. Absolute worst place I have eve been. Every single resident of New Jersey is a class A jackass.

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
You wrote: "After 45 mph, it's really a crap shoot. Your chances of surviving are slim, regardless of an Olds Cutlass or E-Class."

Are you suggesting that a person who is wearing seat belt during a 45+ mph crash is just as likely to die as a person who is not?

A highway patrolman once told me that he has done hundreds of traffic fatalities, and only 3 times did he ever have to cut a dead person out of a seatbelt.

Now, they may have died later on due to trauma/blood loss, but I stand by your chances of surviving increasing exponentially by wearing one vs wearing one, when involved in a collision.

rambleonthruthefog
ROFL

you think the gov should be able to make you wear a seat belt? should they be able to make bikers wear a helmet? should they be able to make you make your kid wear a helmet when they are on a bike? should the gov tell you not to have gay sex? f*ckin' communist.

BucEyedPea
Too bad for the govt and Donger too.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Just so no one misses this.

It just kills me about how the people that bitch about the increasing 'nanny state' are usually the same 'it's all about me' mother****ers who can't take simple responsibilities in their lives that foster the need for all this gov't intervention.

Why don't you just ban motorcyles then, what's next? Lets all drive in huge roll cages with bubble wrap instead of tiny little imports, after all big vehicals are safer. This legislation is LAME, period. The law is not supposed to be there to protect people from themself. People who like this shit should go live in China where the goverment can be involved in every part of their life and can protect them. A place where "the law" can do whatever the fuck they want.

Donger
05-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Don't get me wrong. It might help and I doubt it could hurt. But if your car looks like an accordion and you're inside it, the seat belt won't do much for you.

Personally, I never drive w/o one.

I realize that some accidents are not survivable, but I completely disagree with the "crap shoot" theory.

Let's see:

1) You are restrained in your seat during an accident at 45+ mph.

2) You are not restrained in your seat during an accident a 45+ mph.

Which one are you more likely to do an impression of a ping pong ball?

Bane
you think the gov should be able to make you wear a seat belt? should they be able to make bikers wear a helmet? should they be able to make you make your kid wear a helmet when they are on a bike? should the gov tell you not to have gay sex? f*ckin' communist.

I wear my helmet when I ride,mainly because I've seen what can happen if you don't.I just don't agree on the seat belt laws.

Saulbadguy
Why don't you just ban motorcyles then, what's next? Lets all drive in huge roll cages with bubble wrap instead of tiny little imports, after all big vehicals are safer. This legislation is LAME, period. The law is not supposed to be there to protect people from themself. People who like this shit should go live in China where the goverment can be involved in every part of their life and can protect them. A place where "the law" can do whatever the fuck they want.

Perhaps they think banning motorcyles would be going a bit too far. You know, compared to the act of reaching across your chest and buckling up a seatbelt.

alnorth
05-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I am a concienscest objector when it comes to seat belt laws. Or just call me stubborn. The government has no right to force me to wear a seatbelt and I'll be damned if I will wear one because it is a law. I will buckle up to avoid a ticket, but then unbuckle as soon as I am down the road. II got a seatblet ticket once in New Jersey. Never paid it, don't plan on it. I got a couple of nasty letters from them, but that's all they did about it. As long as I don't go back to Jersey, I should be fine. And I don't intend to ever go back to the asshole of the world known as New Jersey anyway. Absolute worst place I have eve been. Every single resident of New Jersey is a class A jackass.

Drive 10 mph less than the limit and stay off the highways. Stay away from anyone who looks erratic on the road. If you dont get in a wreck then I guess its no harm, no foul.

If your head goes through the window, it would probably be better for the taxpayers if you die, because if you survive, your stubbornness will immediately cost everyone else more money through insurance rates and/or hospital bills. Frankly, we don't deserve to pay more because you don't want to follow the law.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Of course they do. My company wants to make about 12% return on equity. We don't care how many claims are filed, one way or another we are going to get the profit we want. If you live in a state filled with dumbasses who dont buckle up, you get to pay more in premiums because we sure as hell aren't giving up our profit margin.

This is one of the most brutal, highly price-competitive businesses in America. If there is any chance at making a decent profit with decent rates, the Geico's of the world will force us down, but when losses rise for everyone, prices also rise for everyone.

I will pay $10 a month more not to be harrassed by some overzealous douchebag cop. What's next, mandatory suction cups at the bottom of everyone's bathtub? I appreciate the insurance companies concern over my finances but no thanks.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Why don't you just ban motorcyles then, what's next? Lets all drive in huge roll cages with bubble wrap instead of tiny little imports, after all big vehicals are safer. This legislation is LAME, period. The law is not supposed to be there to protect people from themself. People who like this shit should go live in China where the goverment can be involved in every part of their life and can protect them. A place where "the law" can do whatever the **** they want.
Wow man, you just don't get it. You seem like a decent, intelligent guy most of the time, but when it comes to anything involving any type of gov't you turn into an irrational freak who cannot be reasoned with.

BigRedChief
05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I am a concienscest objector when it comes to seat belt laws. Or just call me stubborn. The government has no right to force me to wear a seatbelt and I'll be damned if I will wear one because it is a law. I will buckle up to avoid a ticket, but then unbuckle as soon as I am down the road.See post #96.

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
What's next, mandatory suction cups at the bottom of everyone's bathtub?

Pants
05-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I will pay $10 a month more not to be harrassed by some overzealous douchebag cop. What's next, mandatory suction cups at the bottom of everyone's bathtub? I appreciate the insurance companies concern over my finances but no thanks.

Yeah, and like alnorth said, people like you are driving everyone else insurance rates up. Nice work, Captain Anarchist.

jjchieffan
05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Only if you're not using them.

Funny how your avatar is a picture of Clint Eastwood holding a shotgun and exercising his right to bear arms, yet your posts are in support of stupid laws that infringe on our freedoms. Seatbelt laws, healthcare reform now are precursors to taking more of our rights tomorrow. They are wittling away our freedoms a little at a time to reduce our resistance. It's just like putting a frog in cold water and slowly turning up the heat to cook him. Put him in hot water, and he jumps out.

alnorth
05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I appreciate the insurance companies concern over my finances but no thanks.

Nice to know that you have been appointed the spokesman for everyone who lives in your state. It isn't all about you, when you are seriously injured because you didn't want to wear a belt, the rest of US pay because of your selfishness. It's really as simple as that.

I also don't want to hear any "what's next?" slippery slope crap because there is nothing else (other than helmet laws) comparable. Where else do you engage in a highly dangerous activity, where if you get hurt it is likely someone else's fault, which is routinely insured, and where there is a very simple and convenient piece of safety equipment to drastically reduce the risk of injury?

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Anybody remember the good ol days riding in the back of dads pickup going down to the ice dream shop on a hot day? Ahhhh, the good ol days.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Funny how your avatar is a picture of Clint Eastwood holding a shotgun and exercising his right to bear arms, yet your posts are in support of stupid laws that infringe on our freedoms. Seatbelt laws, healthcare reform now are precursors to taking more of our rights tomorrow. They are wittling away our freedoms a little at a time to reduce our resistance. It's just like putting a frog in cold water and slowly turning up the heat to cook him. Put him in hot water, and he jumps out.
You and Big Daddy need to get a room together.

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM

It's not like "not wearing a seatbelt" is a significant freedom. :doh!:

BIG_DADDY
Yeah, and like alnorth said, people like you are driving everyone else insurance rates up. Nice work, Captain Anarchist.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
Anybody remember the good ol days riding in the back of dads pickup going down to the ice dream shop on a hot day? Ahhhh, the good ol days.

No, my dad was not a redneck dumbass.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Wow man, you just don't get it. You seem like a decent, intelligent guy most of the time, but when it comes to anything involving any type of gov't you turn into an irrational freak who cannot be reasoned with.

I am only for very basic legislation.

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM
I also don't want to hear any "what's next?" slippery slope crap because there is nothing else (other than helmet laws) comparable. Where else do you engage in a highly dangerous activity, where if you get hurt it is likely someone else's fault, which is routinely insured, and where there is a very simple and convenient piece of safety equipment to drastically reduce the risk of injury?

I can not wait until the US Government makes vaccinations mandatory. BIG_DADDY's head will explode.

Bane
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Yeah but that's been long ago and shit has changed bit time since then.I'd never let my boys ride in the back of my truck like that with the way people drive now.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
No, my dad was not a redneck dumbass.

Whatever man, I see you still have a name for anyone who doesn't agree with your over legislative ways Mr. Nobody has the right to own a gun if you had it your way. Even insult my family, nice.

Pants
05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah but that's been long ago and shit has changed bit time since then.I'd never let my boys ride in the back of my truck like that with the way people drive now.

Yeah, because people didn't use to go fast or drive drunk back then. JFC.

Donger
05-25-2010, 01:59 PM

BD, why do you eat organic foods?

Pants
05-25-2010, 01:59 PM

Well, there are ideologies and then there's the real world. You obviously have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I can not wait until the US Government makes vaccinations mandatory. BIG_DADDY's head will explode.

Saul = BIG GOVERNMENT & no personal rights.

Thanks for clarifying things.

Bane
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, because people didn't use to go fast or drive drunk back then. JFC.

Oh they did,but do you seriously not think its worse now vs 20 years ago?

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 02:01 PM
lol, that would be nice, but unfortunately the world we live in isn't conducive to it. There's a reason all these laws that you hate so much get passed, and it's not because the gov't is sitting around trying to think of ways to make your life miserable.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:01 PM

Because it doesn't taste like a bunch of pesticides and I still have the right to. That being said I am not for forcing everyone else to eat it.

jjchieffan
05-25-2010, 02:02 PM
See post #96.

I saw it, and I respect your decision to wear a seatbelt. You make the choice because you want to, not because a politician made a law forcing you too. And I don't argue that seatbelts are a good thing. They are. The law forcing you to wear them is wrong. I believe that going to church and raising your kids in church is a good thing too, but how would people feel if there was a law saying you had to go to church every week? Same thing.

Pants
Oh they did,but do you seriously not think its worse now vs 20 years ago?

Fuck no. This happens to every single generation about every single issue. never fails. Don't worry, when I'm your age, I'll be just as convinced about it as you are.

Tactical Funky
LMAO

The extreme Libertarian types in this thread are both cracking me up and making me shake my head in disbelief. You know, not every issue dealing with government "interference" in regard to our "liberties" is black and white.

How about you dumbasses stop infringing on my rights by making me pay more in the way of insurance premiums? See? Us responsible folk can play this game, too.

Donger
Because it doesn't taste like a bunch of pesticides and I still have the right to. That being said I am not for forcing everyone else to eat it.

So, it's better for you, right? Taking care of your health and so on?

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM

I prefer not to poison myself, yes. I am all for the freedom though and letting people like Saul poison themself all they want with food or those vaccines or whatever.

jjchieffan
05-25-2010, 02:06 PM
It's not like "not wearing a seatbelt" is a significant freedom. :doh!:

Significant or not, it is still none of the governments business. You blind sheep that bleat and follow the liberal, socialist party line all the way to the slaughter house are part of the problem.

Bane
05-25-2010, 02:06 PM
**** no. This happens to every single generation about every single issue. never fails. Don't worry, when I'm your age, I'll be just as convinced about it as you are.

I'm just saying now it seems everyone is on their cell talking or txtn or doing 100's of other things while driving.People pull out in front of me all the time like they either aren't paying attention or just don't give a fukk.The bike is even worse,my head is on a swivel any time I ride cause it seems even with 2 headlight bulbs burning they never see me.

IMO it just seems way worse now,and maybe thats because there are so many more cars on the road now.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:07 PM
LMAO

The extreme Libertarian types in this thread are both cracking me up and making me shake my head in disbelief. You know, not every issue dealing with government "interference" in regard to our "liberties" is black and white.

How about you dumbasses stop infringing on my rights by making me pay more in the way of insurance premiums? See? Us responsible folk can play this game, too.

Simple, insurance companies should have the right to specify seat belt or no seat belt coverage when it comes to personal injury. If they want to charge me more for no seat belt coverage that should be their right and mine to pay higher premiums.

Donger
05-25-2010, 02:07 PM
I prefer not to poison myself, yes. I am all for the freedom though and letting people like Saul poison themself all they want with food or those vaccines or whatever.

I take it you were driving before seat belt laws came into being? If so, did you wear one then?

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:09 PM
lol, that would be nice, but unfortunately the world we live in isn't conducive to it. There's a reason all these laws that you hate so much get passed, and it's not because the gov't is sitting around trying to think of ways to make your life miserable.

Insurance company profits and it gives another tool for police to use to pull you over and jack you up and increase revenue. That's why it gets passed.

Reerun_KC
05-25-2010, 02:09 PM
the stupid seat belt light and alarm in my Ram pickup go off every few seconds if you dont have it on. Its annoying as hell. So therefore I just put it on to shut it up...

Makes no difference to me...

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Whatever man, I see you still have a name for anyone who doesn't agree with your over legislative ways Mr. Nobody has the right to own a gun if you had it your way. Even insult my family, nice.

Ok, mr "What kind of food do terrorists eat?"

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
I take it you were driving before seat belt laws came into being? If so, did you wear one then?

Only in my VW thing. :LOL:

Actually I rode motorcycles a lot when I was young. Yes I wore a helmet. No I am not for helmet laws.

It's not like my truck now which is as big as a small house.

Tactical Funky
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Significant or not, it is still none of the governments business. You blind sheep that bleat and follow the liberal, socialist party line all the way to the slaughter house are part of the problem.
LMAO

This is rich.

"Hai guyz, I'm not gonna wear mah seatbelt to show that thar pesky gub'mint that they can't take away my freedomz!!!1"

/dies in wreck due to lack of seatbelt use

"I really showed 'em, dadgummit!"

HemiEd
05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Generally you can tell by the nature and severity of the injuries on whether it was being worn or not, and if an insurance company can deny an injury claim due to them not being worn that's news to me.

In most states, it is the law. So if you are in an accident, and your survivors are trying to get some compensation, the proof is there that you were not in compliance with the law.
Pretty simple really, especially for big insurance company lawyers.

jjchieffan
05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Nice to know that you have been appointed the spokesman for everyone who lives in your state. It isn't all about you, when you are seriously injured because you didn't want to wear a belt, the rest of US pay because of your selfishness. It's really as simple as that.

Wow. You convinced me. While they are at it, fat people are less healthy. The lawmakers better outlaw soda, beer, candy, and everything else that makes people fat. Fat people make my insurance rates higher. They just better not outlaw donuts. The cops would never enforce that one.

Bane
05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Wow. You convinced me. While they are at it, fat people are less healthy. The lawmakers better outlaw soda, beer, candy, and everything else that makes people fat. Fat people make my insurance rates higher. They just better not outlaw donuts. The cops would never enforce that one.

They make jets burn more fuel as well!ROFL

DaneMcCloud
05-25-2010, 02:19 PM

No.

My parents weren't that fucking stupid.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:21 PM
No.

My parents weren't that ****ing stupid.

Now I remember why I don't post here much anymore.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
GOBDMINT GON TAKE AWAY MY GUNS AN MAH RITES TO DIE IN A CAR CRASH...

NO WAY BUDDY, THIS IS 'MERICA. IF U DONT LUV IT, LEAVE IT

BucEyedPea
05-25-2010, 02:23 PM

Why are you so nosey?

DaneMcCloud
SeriousI , anyone who doesn't wear a seat belt needs to be fucking kicked in the goddamned head.

Wearing a seat belt is a life saver, not some sort of government conspiracy.

JFC.

Pablo
Now I remember why I don't post here much anymore.Because the majority of the posters are rational human beings?

BucEyedPea

Again, why are you so nosey?

Pablo
Why are you so nosey?Get thee back to DC.

DaneMcCloud
05-25-2010, 02:24 PM

Why is that?

Has society changed so much that you don't feel like you belong?

It's fucking common sense, Dude.

BucEyedPea

Another question?

ChiTown
Bottom Line: It's fukcing stupid not to wear a seatbelt, whether the 'gubment' mandates it or not. Seatbelt's save lives. Period.

teedubya
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
When Derrick Thomas died, I started wearing my seatbelts almost everytime...

DaneMcCloud
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Again, why are you so nosey?

Donger is simply asking why BD would go to all of the trouble to buy and eat only organic food, not immunize his child, yet would drive around without a seatbelt.

It's a contradictory life decision.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Why is that?

It's ****ing common sense, Dude.Vaccines, pitbull laws, seatbelts.

WTF is America coming to????

Donger
05-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Boys, it's okay. BEP released herself DC because I simply pointed out that she's f*cking nuts in a thread over there,a nd she's apparently upset about it. She'll go away in due course.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Donger is simply asking why BD would go to all of the trouble to buy and eat only organic food, not immunize his child, yet would drive around without a seatbelt.

It's a contradictory life decision.

Well, I think those things are his right. I mean really "live and let live" man.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Boys, it's okay. BEP released herself DC because I simply pointed out that she's f*cking nuts in a thread over there,a nd she's apparently upset about it. She'll go away in due course.

I was never upset about it. I laughed all the way through it. ( and got rep too) I just wanted to give it back....ya' know the million question game you like to play. I mean whattsomatta you suddenly don't like questions?

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM

Because you create a double standard in your mind and play a victim, when in reality you are just another dumbass who can't handle the interwebs, mr tobiko balls.

RJ
I realize that some accidents are not survivable, but I completely disagree with the "crap shoot" theory.

Let's see:

1) You are restrained in your seat during an accident at 45+ mph.

2) You are not restrained in your seat during an accident a 45+ mph.

Which one are you more likely to do an impression of a ping pong ball?

I agree with you. I never drive without one and I wouldn't allow anyone to ride in my car without one.

But they won't stop smooshing. If you're smooshed (sp?), you're smooshed.

Donger
Bottom Line: It's fukcing stupid not to wear a seatbelt, whether the 'gubment' mandates it or not. Seatbelt's save lives. Period.

Pretty much sums it up. I don't wear my seat belt because I'm told to do so or face a fine. I wear it to increase my chances of not dying in an accident.

Pablo
Boys, it's okay. BEP released herself DC because I simply pointed out that she's f*cking nuts in a thread over there,a nd she's apparently upset about it. She'll go away in due course.I was getting worried.

I know you post a fair amount in DC Donger; but you're also very active on the Lounge side of the board. So you're all good.

Fuck that DC Cunt.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I was getting worried.

I know you post a fair amount in DC Donger; but you're also very active on the Lounge side of the board. So you're all good.

**** that DC ****.

I used to be over here more. I pop up occasionally. Geez, I registered before you. You wouldn't know.

Bugeater
05-25-2010, 02:31 PM
God, all the nutcases are here now. I give up.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2010, 02:31 PM
LMAO

Donger
05-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Sorry, she's stalking my penis. What can I say?

Saulbadguy
05-25-2010, 02:32 PM
I was getting worried.

Fuck that DC Cunt.

She is a Patriots/Buccaneers fan, who has no reason to be here.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Why is that?

It's ****ing common sense, Dude.

From shooting guns as a youngster and hunting to getting my first dirt bike at 6 and racing motocross or boxing or martial arts competitions or riding in the back of a pickup or on a horse a kid. How about riding my KZ-650 to school when I turned 16? I started riding with my dad on his motorcycle at 3 or 4. I am sure it wasn't a childhood most of you had but I wouldn't change it for anything. You all strap in now and be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe!!!

Pablo
I used to be over here more. I pop up occasionally. Geez, I registered before you. You wouldn't know.All I know is I've been here going on 3 years and you DO NOT post on this side of the board.

Which in my estimation makes you a DC piece of shit. And it took a thread about a Gov't seatbelt study with Donger and BD bantering back and forth to drag you in here. Seems like DC bullshit pouring over into the Lounge to me.

KCUnited
I'm cool encouraging some people not to wear their seat belt.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 02:34 PM
She is a Patriots/Buccaneers fan, who has no reason to be here.She's the Pats/Bucs version of Taco John then?

RJ
05-25-2010, 02:38 PM

I also remember back in the days before bicycle helmets. I remember watching the blood pouring onto the street from the back of my 11 year old best friend's skull and I remember a few days later when his dad called me to tell me he had died.

Not everything was necessarily better back in the good ol' days. If that same accident happens to a kid today and he's wearing a helmet, he probably lives.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Because you create a double standard in your mind and play a victim, when in reality you are just another dumbass who can't handle the interwebs, mr tobiko balls.

You're funny. You can't come up with your own material. You won't even acknowledge that you are a HUGE GOVERNMENT/no personal rights guy who would take away everyone's guns if you could and are for forced vaccinations of the entire populace. You can't even address the fact that I am a small legisation guy without going after my family and saying I am playing a victim.
I can see you really get into all the theatrics around here though.

Donger
05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I also remember back in the days before bicycle helmets. I remember watching the blood pouring onto the street from the back of my 11 year old best friend's skull and I remember a few days later when his dad called me to tell me he had died.

Not everything was necessarily better back in the good ol' days. If that same accident happens to a kid today and he's wearing a helmet, he probably lives.

Ugh. That sucks.

I've been an avid cyclist all my life and only started wearing a helmet after my wife and I got into an argument about it. Stupid.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
All I know is I've been here going on 3 years and you DO NOT post on this side of the board.
I rarely post in this side compared to when I first came. I rarely do but it's not never either.
I did post in the Royals vs Ray's thread because I went to that game.

Which in my estimation makes you a DC piece of shit.
Oh really. That's nice. This says a lot about you. Sounds like you're looking for a fight yourself.

And it took a thread about a Gov't seatbelt study with Donger and BD bantering back and forth to drag you in here. Seems like DC bullshit pouring over into the Lounge to me.

Actually, I clicked on the thread from looking at "Who's online." I didn't even noticed where it was located.

BTW there's no rules on this board about team membership either. It said anyone could join on the front page. You have plenty of other fans here.
But carry on...Mr. Perfect.

Hydrae
05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
I didn't wear seatbelts for many years. Then I was the passenger in an accident at about 15-20 MPH where I saw it coming. I braced myself on the dash but still hit my head on the roof of the car (small car, hit the edge just above the windshield). I only received a minor concussion but the fact that it was that slow of an impact and I tried to brace myself gave me some idea as to the amount of force involved.

I have worn a seatbelt religiously ever since. This was before the laws BTW.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Ugh. That sucks.

I've been an avid cyclist all my life and only started wearing a helmet after my wife and I got into an argument about it. Stupid.

I agree. Don't let her put the knee pads on ya. I gotta go train, ya all be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe now, ya hear? Bubble wrap for everyone.

penguinz
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
We should just get rid of speed limits as well.

Donger
I agree. Don;t let her put the knee pads on ya. I gotta go train, ya all be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe now, ya hear? Bubble wrap for everyone.

As I said before, it's just common sense. The pavement is always going to win versus my skull, so I chose to put something in between the two. My common sense overcame my stupid argument for not wearing one (it makes my head too hot).

Pants
I agree. Don't let her put the knee pads on ya. I gotta go train, ya all be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe now, ya hear? Bubble wrap for everyone.

Actually, considering he is her love and the father of her children and her rock, I'd say she has every right to make his dumbass wear a helmet.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
From shooting guns as a youngster and hunting to getting my first dirt bike at 6 and racing motocross or boxing or martial arts competitions or riding in the back of a pickup or on a horse a kid. How about riding my KZ-650 to school when I turned 16? I started riding with my dad on his motorcycle at 3 or 4. I am sure it wasn't a childhood most of you had but I wouldn't change it for anything. You all strap in now and be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe!!!So...the majority of us feel like buckling up is a smart choice that leads to dramatically safer driving conditions and lower insurance rates; and we're illogical.

But you feel like you should be able to have an armory at your house if you like to keep you "safe" from whatever...and you shouldn't immunize your children because that's an "unsafe" risk that could lead to autism?

Bane
We should just get rid of speed limits as well.

Do that and seat belts wont matter anyway.

Donger
Actually, considering he is her love and the father of her children and her rock, I'd say she has every right to make his dumbass wear a helmet.

Yep. She used to nag me before kids, but after kids she went into overdrive. And for damn good reasons. My family > my selfishness.

penguinz
05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Do that and seat belts wont matter anyway.The point is it is the same logic as the gov't telling you have to wear a seat belt.

Although I know there are more than a few here who think it is ok to travel at 80+ on the highways.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I agree. Don't let her put the knee pads on ya. I gotta go train, ya all be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe now, ya hear? Bubble wrap for everyone.Don't put on any safety equipment like a helmet, mouthpiece or gloves when you spar. Everybody knows safety is for pussies.

penguinz
05-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Yep. She used to nag me before kids, but after kids she went into overdrive. And for damn good reasons. My family > my selfishness.Totally agree. There are many things stopped doing once getting married and even more once I had kids.

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm cool encouraging some people not to wear their seat belt.

Based on the responses in this thread, it appears a little chlorine is needed in the gene pool.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Based on the responses in this thread, it appears a little chlorine is needed in the gene pool.I think a 'ballsack seatbelt' of sorts is in order. So none of the sperm can eject.

DaneMcCloud
05-25-2010, 02:56 PM
From shooting guns as a youngster and hunting to getting my first dirt bike at 6 and racing motocross or boxing or martial arts competitions or riding in the back of a pickup or on a horse a kid. How about riding my KZ-650 to school when I turned 16? I started riding with my dad on his motorcycle at 3 or 4. I am sure it wasn't a childhood most of you had but I wouldn't change it for anything. You all strap in now and be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe!!!

What does this have to do with wearing a seatbelt?

You have a wife and a child. Why in the hell would you risk losing your life over something so trivial?

Pablo
05-25-2010, 02:58 PM

You have a wife and a child. Why in the hell would you risk losing your life over something so trivial?Pretty much.

Do you buckle your son up when he's in the car BD?

penguinz
05-25-2010, 03:02 PM
From shooting guns as a youngster and hunting to getting my first dirt bike at 6 and racing motocross or boxing or martial arts competitions or riding in the back of a pickup or on a horse a kid. How about riding my KZ-650 to school when I turned 16? I started riding with my dad on his motorcycle at 3 or 4. I am sure it wasn't a childhood most of you had but I wouldn't change it for anything. You all strap in now and be saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe!!!I had my first dirt bike at 4 and shot my first UZI at age 7.

I wear a seatbelt.

WTF is your point?

gblowfish
05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
If you've ever worked in a hospital around an ER or Trauma Center, you'll appreciate what a seat belt (or lack thereof) can do. Same for motorcycle helmets. You vs. Concrete: You Lose.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
I had my first dirt bike at 4 and shot my first UZI at age 7.

I wear a seatbelt.

WTF is your point?It's a pretty simple math equation.

Age when you first:

Rode a dirtbike(shot a hangun)+drank your first beer/High School Football number = Manhood.

If your answer is a 4 or above you're obviously a seat-belt loving pussy; and if you score below 4 you're probably a real American and on the fast track to being an MMA fighter.

Donger
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
If you've ever worked in a hospital around an ER or Trauma Center, you'll appreciate what a seat belt (or lack thereof) can do. Same for motorcycle helmets. You vs. Concrete: You Lose.

Yeah, but they died knowing that they fought "the Man," or something.

Pants
05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
It's a pretty simple math equation.

Age when you first:

Rode a dirtbike(shot a hangun)+drank your first beer/High School Football number = Manhood.

If your answer is a 4 or above you're obviously a seat-belt loving pussy; and if you score below 4 you're probably a real American and on the fast track to being an MMA fighter.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 03:13 PM
It's a pretty simple math equation.

Age when you first:

ROFL

RJ
05-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Mods, can this be merged with the census thread?

Hydrae
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM

I don't ride motorcycles but I thought helmets were generally referred to as Brain Buckets by EMTs. As in, it is easier to have your brains in there than having to scrape them off the roadbed.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Mods, can this be merged with the census thread?Everybody knows they just want your census information so they can break back into your home; steal your guns, immunize your children and seatbelt you into a KIA that drives you to the SOCIALIST FACTORY where you're forced to work in a Cooperative community and grow organic radishes.

Then those radishes are harvested and distributed to every member of the community equally, regardless of how hard they can hammerfist or how high they dragon kick. Total bullshit.

**** THE MAN.

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Everybody knows they just want your census information so they can break back into your home; steal your guns, immunize your children and seatbelt you into a KIA that drives you to the SOCIALIST FACTORY where you're forced to work in a Cooperative community and grow organic radishes.

Then those radishes are harvested and distributed to every member of the community equally, regardless of how hard they can hammerfist or how high they dragon kick. Total bullshit.

**** THE MAN.

LMAO

Holy fuck. This is HOF worthy.

Frazod
05-25-2010, 03:32 PM
I always wear mine if I'm out on the highway, but driving around town, not so much. But if I'm in the car long enough, I'll eventually put it on.

I certainly don't buy into the government caring about my safety, however - just like with those fucking red light cameras, it's all about money and nothing else. The only reason those bastards want me alive is so they can continue to tax and fine me.

jjchieffan
05-25-2010, 03:39 PM

What? Did you think you were the only nutcase allowed to post in this thread?

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2010, 03:57 PM

You have a wife and a child. Why in the hell would you risk losing your life over something so trivial?

I wear a seat belt the great majority of the time, I said that earlier. Frankly I think it's ridiculous driving through town considering my truck is as big as a small house. My position was simply that I am against legislation forcing people to wear them. We have way, way, way too many laws in this country.

Donger
05-25-2010, 03:58 PM
I wear a seat belt the great majority of the time, I said that earlier. Frankly I think it's ridiculous driving through town considering my truck is as big as a small house. My position was simply that I am against legislation forcing people to wear them. We have way, way, way too many laws in this country.

What does the size of your truck have to do with the decision?

BucEyedPea
05-25-2010, 03:59 PM

Why do you need to know?

Inquiring minds want to know.:evil:

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 04:01 PM

I'm still wondering how the government is forcing anyone to wear one.

No different than forcing someone to drive the speed limit. Or forcing you not to murder someone.

They may be laws, but no one is forcing you to obey them.

Don't wear it. But be prepared to either pay the penalty financially or with your life.

Bane

Maybe cause like me,he drives a truck so big that if we were in a wreck,it wouldn't be us in need of your concern.

siberian khatru

This, that, word, whatever.

I wore seatbelts long before there were laws making it mandatory. Why? Because it's the right thing to do.

I don't think it should be mandatory. I oppose seatbelt laws. But I don't need a law to tell me what the right thing to do is.

If all the seatbelt laws were repealed tomorrow, and there is no political statement to be made in not wearing one, why wouldn't you wear a seatbelt? Because it's not comfortable?

JMO, but I think once it becomes habit, you don't notice it. And besides, the benefits far, far, far outweigh the potential minor discomfort. I don't like going to the dentist, and no law compels me to (yet), but I do it because the benefits far outweigh the discomfort I experience.

Now if I could just figure out how to eat less and exercise more.

/off the soapbox

Brock
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Pretty much.

Do you buckle your son up when he's in the car BD?

Why would he? Better dead than PUSSIFIED.

Donger
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe cause like me,he drives a truck so big that if we were in a wreck,it wouldn't be us in need of your concern.

You think that being in a large vehicle is somehow going to prevent you from imitating a ping pong ball?

That's what a seat belt does. It's a "restraining device."

OnTheWarpath15
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Why would he? Better dead than PUSSIFIED.

LMAO

Brock
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM

You fail at science.

Donger
05-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I like wearing a seat belt. It lets me pretend that I'm Luke Skywalking, strapped into my Z-Wing Fighter attacking the Death Hole.

siberian khatru
05-25-2010, 04:04 PM
You think that being in a large vehicle is somehow going to prevent you from imitating a ping pong ball?

That's what a seat belt does. It's a "restraining device."

Soooo many fatalities involve somebody being thrown from a vehicle when it rolls. Why? Because of no belt.

Bane
05-25-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm still wondering how the government is forcing anyone to wear one.

No different than forcing someone to drive the speed limit. Or forcing you not to murder someone.

They may be laws, but no one is forcing you to obey them.

Don't wear it. But be prepared to either pay the penalty financially or with your life.

Thats all I've said all along.That I refuse to wear one but will take what comes with that.I don't understand when issues like this are brought up, why we can't just agree/disagree and move on.Why does every disagreement have to be a goddamn knock down,fukk you,your moms a whore 3 year old sandbox scrap.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 04:06 PM

That's what a seat belt does. It's a "restraining device."Maybe he's of the train of thought that trucks have a higher center of gravity; thus being more inclined to roll over and smash in the top of the cab. Making ejection just as good of an option as having the top smashed in.

Bane
You fail at science.

Yes I know,but if most people on the road run into me,my chances are gonna be way better than theirs is all I'm saying.Stil not wearing the goddamn seat belt.
Oh and actually I had A's in school in science.

Brock
Thats all I've said all along.That I refuse to wear one but will take what comes with that.I don't understand when issues like this are brought up, why we can't just agree/disagree and move on.Why does every disagreement have to be a goddamn knock down,fukk you,your moms a whore 3 year old sandbox scrap.

It's all good. But you might want to consider what your family will be thinking if something bad happens that could have easily been prevented.

Donger
Soooo many fatalities involve somebody being thrown from a vehicle when it rolls. Why? Because of no belt.

Yeah, but if the car/truck that rolls is really big, I think you land on it (instead of the pavement) and it saves you.

Because it's so big. Or something.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Why would he? Better dead than PUSSIFIED.Nice.

Donger
Yes I know,but if most people on the road run into me,my chances are gonna be way better than theirs is all I'm saying.Stil not wearing the goddamn seat belt.

Actually, if I run into you head on with my GTI at 30 mph and I'm wearing a seat belt, I guarantee you that I'll be better off than you. It's just simple physics.

BIG_DADDY
I had my first dirt bike at 4 and shot my first UZI at age 7.

I wear a seatbelt.

WTF is your point?

That life comes with a certain amount of risk and each of us should have the right and freedom to calculate that risk and take action as we see fit. My point is that laws should not be there to protect somebody from themself. When I am driving through town in my big ass truck it would take a friggen train to take me out. I think I have the ability calculate that risk and to make that decision for myself. Seat belt legislation is also the great enabler when it comes to the police and predatory practice. Does anyone actually believe for two fucking seconds that the cops are pulling you over because they are concerned about your well being? Is it that or is it an excuse to harrass the fuck out of you and create additional revenue?

RJ
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM

How is a big truck going to prevent you from being ejected in the event of an accident or a rollover? Or having your skull hit the windshield if you get rear ended by another truck as big or bigger than yours?

Brock
Insurance company: Hey widow, you know that half a million your husband was insured for? Well, LOLZ.

Bane
Actually, if I run into you head on with my GTI at 30 mph and I'm wearing a seat belt, I guarantee you that I'll be better off than you. It's just simple physics.

Actually I doubt it,cause you'll be eating 3 inch bull bars in the front,my step on the side and god help you if you ass end me and hit the ball and hitch under the bumper.Simple physics......Small low object smashes into heavy large object = you underneath me at any speed.Bet on it.

Pablo
05-25-2010, 04:11 PM
How is a big truck going to prevent you from being ejected in the event of an accident or a rollover? Or having your skull hit the windshield if you get rear ended by another truck as big or bigger than yours?These guys drive 18 Wheeler's for a living.

They ain't scurred.

DaneMcCloud

The only problem is that if your truck hits a Prius at a high rate of speed, there's going to be some serious damage done to both vehicles.

If the driver of the Prius isn't wearing a seatbelt, most likely, they'll die or be in very, very bad shape.

It's a common sense law and judging by this thread, it's clear why it's necessary.

Brock
Actually I doubt it,cause you'll be eating 3 inch bull bars in the front,my step on the side and god help you if you ass end me and hit the ball and hitch under the bumper.Simple physics......Small low object smashes into heavy large object = you underneath me at any speed.Bet on it.

Heh. Again, you're not taking a lot of things under consideration.

RJ
05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Maybe he's of the train of thought that trucks have a higher center of gravity; thus being more inclined to roll over and smash in the top of the cab. Making ejection just as good of an option as having the top smashed in.

Technically, that's "smooshed".