PDA

View Full Version : News Gulf news, not good either

Over-Head
05-26-2010, 05:28 AM
sorry if re-post

http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/50368

Awful News From The Gulf: Explosions Collapse Seafloor At Deepwater Horizon Well Head
By: Mason Sunday May 23, 2010 8:31 pm

A series of explosions appears to have collapsed the seafloor and blown up the BOP at the well head. Oil and gas are billowing out of a depression in the seafloor where the BOP used to be at an exponentially greater rate than anything seen before.

My theory: The well consisted of the casing with the drill pipe inside it. The sand and rocks that turned the gusher into a giant sandblaster that blew out holes in the riser pipe at the kinks was coming from the walls of the well that the cement between the casing and the wall was supposed to protect. Therefore, the hole has been getting bigger and bigger and now it’s like a volcano vent with the piping inside it probably a twisted mess.

The relief wells can’t possibly stop this because anything they add will just be blown out of the volcano.

Now what?

Scorp
05-26-2010, 05:40 AM
The world ends in 2012 anyway.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Now the monsters rise.

Mile High Mania
05-26-2010, 05:50 AM
They need to find Desmond Hume...

soopamanluva
05-26-2010, 06:00 AM
You can't really stop it now. The seabed was sitting on that pocket of oil. Now that the oil is leaking out, there is a big void under the seabed where the oil was. The pressure causes the seabed to cave in thus making the hole bigger and allowing more oil to spill. BP SCREWED UP

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Planet Nibiru is on it's way. No problem

Over-Head
05-26-2010, 06:09 AM
I mean I realize life as we know it ATM is dependent on fossil fuels, but I always did maintain, that if we kept drilling holes in the ocean it would soon fight back.

I guess No one counted on the freaken pipe busting, never has, so it never would:shake:

Over-Head
05-26-2010, 06:10 AM
You can't really stop it now. The seabed was sitting on that pocket of oil. Now that the oil is leaking out, there is a big void under the seabed where the oil was. The pressure causes the seabed to cave in thus making the hole bigger and allowing more oil to spill. BP SCREWED UP
Basic physics, You can't compress a liquid

Gonzo
05-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Now the monsters rise.
Release the Cracken.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2010, 06:28 AM
This is not being reported by Fox news. According to Fox ,BP is attempting to plug the hole this morning with mud and concrete.

FAX
05-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Not being reported by television news. Clear evidence of collusion between big oil, big tv news, and big sea floor explosions.

FAX

Mile High Mania
05-26-2010, 06:32 AM
This is not being reported by Fox news. According to Fox ,BP is attempting to plug the hole this morning with mud and concrete.

Yeah, I haven't seen this on any news network or site...

tyton75
05-26-2010, 06:35 AM
Nuke it back to the stone age!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2010, 06:38 AM
And why haven't they applied my idea !!!!!! I sent them the solution almost two weeks ago !!!!!!!

Warrior5
05-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Not being reported by television news. Clear evidence of collusion between big oil, big tv news, and big sea floor explosions.

FAX

Somebody's lyin'.

Donger
05-26-2010, 07:09 AM
sorry if re-post

http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/50368

Awful News From The Gulf: Explosions Collapse Seafloor At Deepwater Horizon Well Head
By: Mason Sunday May 23, 2010 8:31 pm

A series of explosions appears to have collapsed the seafloor and blown up the BOP at the well head. Oil and gas are billowing out of a depression in the seafloor where the BOP used to be at an exponentially greater rate than anything seen before.

My theory: The well consisted of the casing with the drill pipe inside it. The sand and rocks that turned the gusher into a giant sandblaster that blew out holes in the riser pipe at the kinks was coming from the walls of the well that the cement between the casing and the wall was supposed to protect. Therefore, the hole has been getting bigger and bigger and now it’s like a volcano vent with the piping inside it probably a twisted mess.

The relief wells can’t possibly stop this because anything they add will just be blown out of the volcano.

Now what?

:spock:

BigRedChief
05-26-2010, 07:12 AM
This would be big news and not a peep out of the national news. And unless they are broadcasting taped feed the live feed at the well is still broadcasting.

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream/3

Fairplay
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Anyone have experience with a hole getting bigger?

Demonpenz
05-26-2010, 08:36 AM
is that your answer to everything? Is to Jerk it off?

Hydrae
05-26-2010, 08:45 AM
is that your answer to everything? Is to Jerk it off?

Might relieve some of the pressure.

Maybe we are getting closer to the suggestion from Hog Farmer. :)

Bane
05-26-2010, 08:49 AM
If Josh McDipshit was so smart he could fix it.

Fairplay
05-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Anyone have any experience with a leaking hole?

Dave Lane
05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Drill baby drill!!

We need more drilling in the gulf to get at all that oil. Open up the Alaska National Reserve for drilling to!!

KCChiefsMan
05-26-2010, 09:27 AM
I'd say it's about time to call in the big boys.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/KCChiefsMan/armageddon.jpg

Donger
05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Drill baby drill!!

We need more drilling in the gulf to get at all that oil. Open up the Alaska National Reserve for drilling to!!

I take it you power your vehicle with something other than refined crude?

Chief Pote
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
The world ends in 2012 anyway.

If the end is anything like the movie....the end is dumb.

teedubya
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I take it you power your vehicle with something other than refined crude?

Fuck you.

Donger
05-26-2010, 09:44 AM
**** you.

What did I do to deserve that?

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Drill baby drill!!

We need more drilling in the gulf to get at all that oil. Open up the Alaska National Reserve for drilling to!!Do you own an electric car? Hydrogen fuel cell? Or, maybe you'll just ride your bike from now on. This sucks, but no one is allowed to bitch about it if their car runs on this shit.

loochy
05-26-2010, 09:52 AM

You pointed out the hipocrisy of people constantly whining about oil making a mess, then driving to Wal-Mart in their gasoline fueled vehicle and buying water in plastic bottles, then putting those bottles in plastic bags, then driving home and getting on the internet and typing on their plastic keyboard while they wear polyester clothing.

Dave Lane
05-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Do you own an electric car? Hydrogen fuel cell? Or, maybe you'll just ride your bike from now on. This sucks, but no one is allowed to bitch about it if their car runs on this shit.

And why not? I don't like drilling in dangerous spots for this reason. Whats the cost of this crude going to be now in economic impact.

You know the drill baby drill crowd has gotten really quiet all of a sudden.

Donger
05-26-2010, 10:05 AM
And why not? I don't like drilling in dangerous spots for this reason. Whats the cost of this crude going to be now in economic impact.

I see. So, you only use crude that comes from non-"dangerous" spots?

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 10:06 AM

You were born!

Donger
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
You were born!

Mum, is that you?

teedubya
05-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Do you own an electric car? Hydrogen fuel cell? Or, maybe you'll just ride your bike from now on. This sucks, but no one is allowed to bitch about it if their car runs on this shit.

This is such a completely bullshit statement. Fuelcell cars are still in it's infancy, and energy companies have yet to fully commit to innovation. The only innovation that energy companies really commit to, is finding more ways to drill more oil from deeper in the earth.

If they had received the 1970's oil wake up call, we'd be in a better position today.

If I lived in a city with a good transportation system, I'd certainly forego driving... and I walk or ride a bike whenever possible.

I work from my home office, so I drive only when necessary...

loochy
05-26-2010, 10:40 AM
This is such a completely bullshit statement. Fuelcell cars are still in it's infancy, and energy companies have yet to fully commit to innovation. The only innovation that energy companies really commit to, is finding more ways to drill more oil from deeper in the earth.

If they had received the 1970's oil wake up call, we'd be in a better position today.

If I lived in a city with a good transportation system, I'd certainly forego driving... and I walk or ride a bike whenever possible.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/022/a/9/cookie_by_Durn.jpg

Donger
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM

The fact remains that gasoline and diesel are still the most economical and efficient means of providing power to our vehicles.

ChiTown
05-26-2010, 10:52 AM
The fact remains that gasoline and diesel are still the most economical and efficient means of providing power to our vehicles.

GO, NAT GAS!
PBJPBJPBJ

HemiEd
05-26-2010, 10:59 AM

Probably because we are not happy about this incident, it is terrible. But you can't have it both ways. Do you ride a bicycle to work?

RJ
05-26-2010, 11:01 AM
This is a long shot, but if we could assemble an expert team of killer whales and great white sharks and convince them to work together to save the world's oceans, they just might be able to rig an explosion to fill in that hole. It's about a one in a million chance, but I'm thinking it's so crazy that it just might work. Those great whites are loose cannons but they're the best when it comes to marine demolitions.

Obligatory apology if repost.

Fairplay
05-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Anyone have experience plugging holes?

Chief Roundup
05-26-2010, 11:19 AM
uh if this is true why haven't we heard any of this before today? none of the major networks have reported this.
Is this even a reputable news organization??

chiefsnorth
05-26-2010, 11:19 AM
The governor is begging the Obama Administration to let him do something, but they are denying him the needed permits.

Could it be that they would rather let this get worse, than allow a Republican and possible presidential candidate to be the one to fix the problem?
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
05-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Why does Obama hate Cajuns?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Anyone have experience plugging holes?

We should round up a couple suicide bombers from Iraq and shove their ass up that pipe.

chiefsnorth
05-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Drill baby drill!!

I we didnt have to drill so far offshore and so deep, due to environmentalist crazies, this would be plugged now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
05-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Why wasn't this done immediately? Best case scenario it stops the leak, mid-case scenario - it slows down the leak and/or partially clogs it, worse case- doesn't work. I think the other options save the underwater rig and make using it again a little more cost effective.