PDA

View Full Version : KU KU ticket scandal

Pages : [1] 2

Coach
05-26-2010, 05:50 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=Agbl3QnT0Nzo0CMr.A5FJLY5nYcB?slug=ys-kutickets052610

The story is very long, so I'll just put in the first paragraph of the incident in question.

LAWRENCE, Kan. – A high-ranking member of the University of Kansas athletic department and the father of a prominent Jayhawks’ athlete allegedly made more than $800,000 in a ticket scalping operation that was orchestrated by college basketball power brokers David and Dana Pump, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Nothing to see here, happens everywhere, just some disgruntled employee of the athletic department, etc etc...

kepp
05-26-2010, 06:38 AM
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
LOL
Since their alleged involvement with the KU scalping ring, the Pumps’ influence has continued to grow throughout college basketball. Their activities include scalping tickets obtained from coaching staffs, hosting a well-known and lavish annual charity retreat for coaches and athletic directors and operating “ChampSearch” – a consulting firm retained by universities looking to hire new head basketball coaches. Simultaneously, the Pumps finance multiple elite traveling summer basketball teams that showcase recruits, some of whom have ended up with the programs that the Pumps do business with.

Roger Morningstar has coached some of those summer traveling teams, one of which included his son, Brady, who committed to Kansas in 2006. Since Jones, Freeman and Roger Morningstar allegedly engaged in scalping tickets through the Pump brothers in 2002, summer traveling teams financed by the Pump brothers have featured at least nine players who went on to play for the Jayhawks. Among them were nationally recruited players Mario Chalmers, David Padgett, Omar Wilkes, Tyrel Reed, Elijah Johnson, Jeff Withey, Travis Releford and Brady Morningstar.

Chalmers’ father, Ronnie, also coached the Pump brothers’ summer traveling team in Alaska, before being hired as the director of basketball operations at KU in 2005. He eventually resigned that position in 2008. And the sons of head coach Bill Self and assistant coach Danny Manning – Tyler Self and Evan Manning – are both currently listed on the rosters of the Pump brothers’ summer traveling teams.

Coach Bill Self and Perkins have attended the Pumps’ annual retreat held for coaches and administrators.

ChiTown
05-26-2010, 07:44 AM
That's ugly.

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 07:50 AM
That's ugly.

Sadly, it fails to mention the 4 $1M+ houses Bill Self has purchased through David Freeman.

Mr. Plow
05-26-2010, 07:51 AM
:)

Fritz88
05-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Fcuk. I am going to give up my Jayhawk fandom and become a wildcat. At least their attendance sucks like shit, no worries about ticket scandals.

ChiTown
05-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Fcuk. I am going to give up my Jayhawk fandom and become a wildcat. At least their attendance sucks like shit, no worries about ticket scandals.

Deflection is generally effective in these cases, but not this time. Good try though.

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2010, 08:00 AM
Meh.

Fritz88
05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Deflection is generally effective in these cases, but not this time. Good try though.

I don't give a fuck whether they scalp tickets or shove basketballs up their asses. I'll leave "morality" to you. Blowing this shit out of proportion shows how desperate some people are :p

My deflection is not going to change the bitch slapping KU gives KSU every year :LOL:

ChiTown
05-26-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't give a **** whether they scalp tickets or shove basketballs up their asses. I'll leave "morality" to you. Blowing this shit out of proportion shows how desperate some people are :p

My deflection is not going to change the bitch slapping KU gives KSU every year :LOL:

ROFL

I'll give you this much, you are consistent in your approach.

:clap:

Pants
05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
This pales in comparison to what happened to the KSU AD with Prince and Co. I'm surprised to see so many KSU fans in here. LMAO

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
This pales in comparison to what happened to the KSU AD with Prince and Co. I'm surprised to see so many KSU fans in here. LMAO

Really?

:LOL:

Pants
05-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Really?

Ya, really.

Fritz88
05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Ya, really.

He exists in KU threads more than KSU's.

Pathetic. ROFLROFL

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Ya, really.

Prince is still seeking $3 million in damages, due to the signing of a secret deal between him and former ad Bob Krause.

Your university flat out paid your football coach $3 million to leave quietly.

Yeah, I could see how this could compare to malfeasance reported here. :rolleyes:

Pants
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Prince is still seeking $3 million in damages, due to the signing of a secret deal between him and former ad Bob Krause.

Your university flat out paid your football coach $3 million to leave quietly.

Yeah, I could see how this could compare to malfeasance reported here. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I was talking about the raping of donor funds to line some people's pockets, including Saint Old Balls. I was under the impression that Prince was involved in that with Krause, but maybe I was mistaken. Either way, finding a common ground to settle on when breaking a contract to save both parties' faces isn't dirty like you're trying to portray it anyway.

beer bacon
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
If this is as prevalent as the article implies it makes you wonder how much money the big time programs are paying to get elite recruits. This money was going to some guys running AAU teams that sent lots of players to KU right?

beer bacon
05-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Roger Morningstar coached Pump N Run at one time, right?

Reerun_KC
05-26-2010, 08:43 AM
ROFL

I'll give you this much, you are consistent in your approach.

:clap:

Let me know when the sky is falling... I will run up and buy you a drink before we all die...

Until then.. Stuff like this is boring anymore... Its nothing more than Message board fodder... Bunch of middle aged men comparing penis sizes as rebuttals...

mrbiggz
05-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know of a way to see what Bill Self paid for his home he purchased from Freeman? It has already been reported that the home was sold for a discount but It would be interesting to know what similar homes were purchased at.

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Does anyone know of a way to see what Bill Self paid for his home he purchased from Freeman? It has already been reported that the home was sold for a discount but It would be interesting to know what similar homes were purchased at.

Considering Self owns several of those similar homes to compare them to, it may be a waste of time to compare them.

gblowfish
05-26-2010, 09:53 AM
I blame that on too many crackers in the athletic dept.
Oh wait....
Sorry, I was having a Ricky Clemens Flashback....

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 09:53 AM
OT: Does anyone know where Bauer Brook CT. is located in Lawrence, KS?

http://www2.ljworld.com/propertyvalues/?q=bauer+brook

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2010, 09:54 AM
KU to release investigation into ticket scandal at 1:30 press conference

KUsports.com, 6News in Lawrence to carry the press conference live

By Jonathan Kealing (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/jonathan_kealing/)
Kansas University will release the results of an "independent investigation" into the ticket scandal that is ongoing in its athletic department.

University and athletic officials will convene at 1:30 today to discuss the report, prepared by Wichita law firm Foulston Siefkin LLP. The report will be made available at 1 p.m. and will be immediately posted to KUsports.com.

The report is set to be released the same day that Yahoo Sports reported new details (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AsuSS3GuLFPlD4Z76hdbTzw5nYcB?slug=ys-kutickets052610) of the scandal and also implicated former KU star Roger Morningstar in a vast ticket scalping ring. Morningstar declined to discuss the matter with Yahoo Sports.
The news conference is closed to the public however KUsports.com will provide a live video feed from the press conference in partnership with Sunflower Broadband's Channel 6 in Lawrence.

Check back a little before 1:30 p.m. for the press conference and keep checking back this morning for updates.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/may/26/ku-release-investigation-ticket-scandal-130-press-/
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript charset=utf-8> if ($('#story_body>p').length >= 6) { inlines = $('.inline'); if (inlines.length == 0) { inline_ad = $('.story_inline_ad'); inline_ad.remove(); $('#story_body>p:eq(1)').after(inline_ad); } } </SCRIPT>

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2010, 09:57 AM
OT: Does anyone know where Bauer Brook CT. is located in Lawrence, KS?

http://www2.ljworld.com/propertyvalues/?q=bauer+brookLooks like it is a couple blocks north of 6th street.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=4560+Bauer+Brook+Ct&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=4560+Bauer+Brook+Ct,+Lawrence,+KS+66049&gl=us&ei=hUT9S4HZMoP_8AbunMm8Cw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

teedubya
05-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Jesus. This is ugly.

Couldn't pick a better time for this shit, with superconferences forming.

DJ's left nut
05-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Be glad Morningstar didn't play in the 2008 season.

You probably won't have to forfeit wins, but it's a sword I certainly wouldn't want hanging over my head.

teedubya
05-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Press conference getting ready to start.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/may/26/ku-release-investigation-ticket-scandal-130-press-/

teedubya
05-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Here's the official investigation report. First impressions, 17,000 MBB tix, 2000 FB tix, $1.03M face vaue: http://bit.ly/dyOtSA

Titty Meat
05-26-2010, 12:30 PM
IS KU still o probabtion for the academics thing a few years ago?

DJ's left nut
05-26-2010, 12:38 PM
The father of a relatively important player being involved in ticket scapling of tickets with over $1 million in face value is certainly not something I'd be taking lightly if I were a KU fan.

You guys are being a lot more cavalier about this than I would be.

Good for you, I guess.

Tactical Funky
05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
This is a criminal investigation and likely won't lead to NCAA sanctions. Still, it's infuriating that this went on for so long and screwed over plenty of WEF donors. Jones and the Pump brothers are complete scum. And Roger Morningstar, WTF? It's not like you didn't already have a ton of money...

We'll have to see if the allegations made by Jones towards Morningstar are true, however.

:shake:

kstater
05-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Here's the Law firm KU hired to do an independent investigation:

Foulston Siefkin LLP

Partners:

Stan Andeel- Partner ku undergrad

James M. Armstrong – Partner ku Undergrad, ku JD

Gary L. Ayers – Partner-Partner ku undegrad, ku JD

Brooke Bennett Aziere – Partner ku JD

Mark A. Biberstein – Partner ku JD

Holly A. Dyer – Partner ku JD

Charles P. Efflandt – Partner ku JD

Jay F. Fowler – Partner ku JD

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Here's the Law firm KU hired to do an independent investigation:

Foulston Siefkin LLP

Partners:

Stan Andeel- Partner ku undergrad

James M. Armstrong – Partner ku Undergrad, ku JD

Gary L. Ayers – Partner-Partner ku undegrad, ku JD

Brooke Bennett Aziere – Partner ku JD

Mark A. Biberstein – Partner ku JD

Holly A. Dyer – Partner ku JD

Charles P. Efflandt – Partner ku JD

Jay F. Fowler – Partner ku JD

Sad. Just sad.

Pants
05-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Sad. Just sad.

"BKD did the forensic work, and the guy who heads up the forensic unit went to school back East. Also, the findings have been turned over to the feds so the implication of bias is missplaced, IMO."

BKD is a national accounting firm.

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Sad. Just sad.What do you expect from a Kansas based firm? Its not like they can go to Law school at KState.

Pants
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
What do you expect from a Kansas based firm? Its not like they can go to Law school at KState.

This is also true. Good point.

Tactical Funky
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Sad. Just sad.

No, not really. You think they'd risk their Bar certifications to "protect" their alma mater? That's just idiotic.

KC_Connection
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
The father of a relatively important player being involved in ticket scapling of tickets with over $1 million in face value is certainly not something I'd be taking lightly if I were a KU fan.

You guys are being a lot more cavalier about this than I would be.

Good for you, I guess.

I don't understand. Do you want people to get all pissed about it? Should we feel ashamed? Worried, maybe? Because I honestly don't care about something that doesn't concern me, and I'm really not sure why you think I should.

Nobody should be under the illusion that the KU athletic department doesn't do things under the table. While some would like to think differently, you don't maintain yourself as a big-money, successful basketball program without paying a certain price to power brokers.

DJ's left nut
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't understand. Do you want people to get all pissed about it? Should we feel ashamed? Worried, maybe? Because I honestly don't care, and I'm really not sure why you think I should.

Nobody should be under the illusion that the KU athletic department doesn't do things under the table. While some would like to think differently, you don't maintain yourself as a big-money, successful basketball program without paying a certain price.

Worried.

Not pissed or ashamed, it's not your fault.

But with OU about to get its ass kicked on this Tiny Gallon thing, I'd be kinda nervous about the NCAA getting its dander up right before taking a look at my program.

I still don't see a silver bullet tying this to the AD through Morningstar or anything, but holy hell, if those tickets were provided by KU to the father of a player (either directly or indirectly), one that allowed his scholarship to lapse for a season (IIRC) and then they were sold for profit, I'd be pretty petrified about how the NCAA would view that. The words 'disguised compensation' come to mind.

Especially if I had a national championship banner in the rafters from that general timeframe.

KC_Connection
05-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Worried.

Not pissed or ashamed, it's not your fault.

But with OU about to get its ass kicked on this Tiny Gallon thing, I'd be kinda nervous about the NCAA getting its dander up right before taking a look at my program.

I still don't see a silver bullet tying this to the AD through Morningstar or anything, but holy hell, if those tickets were provided by KU to the father of a player (either directly or indirectly), one that allowed his scholarship to lapse for a season (IIRC) and then they were sold for profit, I'd be pretty petrified about how the NCAA would view that. The words 'disguised compensation' come to mind.

Especially if I had a national championship banner in the rafters from that general timeframe.

I prefer to stick my head in the sand when things like this come about. I don't need to hear about what this school does to remain successful in the ultra-competitive NCAA.

But no, I'm not worried, nor do I think I should be. I'll be pissed if recruiting sanctions are thrown at them, but it doesn't look like anything of the sort will be happening in this particular case. If you don't think this stuff goes on at other top basketball schools, though, with the Pumps, you'd have to be pretty naive.

KC_Connection
05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Life's also too short to worry. It's baseball season. Basketball season starts in 5 months.

DJ's left nut
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I prefer to stick my head in the sand when things like this come about. I don't need to hear about what this school does to remain successful in the ultra-competitive NCAA.

But no, I'm not worried, nor do I think I should be. I'll be pissed if recruiting sanctions are thrown at them, but it doesn't look like anything of the sort will be happening in this particular case. If you don't think this stuff goes on at other top basketball schools, though, with the Pumps, you'd have to be pretty naive.

I think it probably does.

But right now, KU is the one getting looked at and looked at over a period of time which I would certainly not want to forfiet wins from.

It'll probably be nothing and your method is probably more healthy than mine, but I'd keep an eye on how the OU investigation goes and if they drop the boom on the sooners, I'd start to get a little worried about them wanting to warn the neighbors as well.

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 04:49 PM
If you don't think this stuff goes on at other top basketball schools, though, with the Pumps, you'd have to be pretty naive.

Pretty much the only reason I find this stuff so amusing. I love the KU fans bitching about Calipari.

Demonpenz
05-26-2010, 04:51 PM
who cares, it is pro ball anyway

KChiefs1
05-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Not really a story because KU has always been known as the biggest cheating bastards west of the Mississippi. How many NCAA probations/investigations has KU had? I think everyone of their national championships have been tainted much like the Broncos Super Bowl's.

KChiefs1
05-26-2010, 05:11 PM
IS KU still o probabtion for the academics thing a few years ago?

Has KU ever been off probation?

KC_Connection
05-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Pretty much the only reason I find this stuff so amusing. I love the KU fans bitching about Calipari.
I don't do that. Though I find him to be quite the sneaky sleaze bag, doesn't everybody?

warpaint*
05-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't do that. Though I find him to be quite the sneaky sleaze bag, doesn't everybody?

yep

warpaint*
05-26-2010, 05:25 PM
if the ncaa or feds are digging around at my school, it worries me. nothing good can come from it.

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Not really a story because KU has always been known as the biggest cheating bastards west of the Mississippi. How many NCAA probations/investigations has KU had? I think everyone of their national championships have been tainted much like the Broncos Super Bowl's.You are stupid.

teedubya
05-26-2010, 06:01 PM
This thing with Tom and Charlotte Burbaugh or whatever working at Oklahoma, makes me think there was some things going on there, prior to KU... greedy fucks... all of them.

Tactical Funky
05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
You are jealous.

FYP.

veist
05-26-2010, 06:12 PM

I have a friend that is a huge UK guy, went to school there played on the football team, goes to the donor shit, etc. He met him when he was introduced as the new coach, says he has no personality and just comes off as kind of skeezy. So, yeah... pretty much.

sedated
05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
The KU-haters are having a field day with this. I hate to disappoint them, but its quite likely the athletic department will get in ZERO trouble because of this. A few people that none of us have ever heard of (and probably Roger Morningstar) will go to jail, but Lew Perkins' job will be fine, and KU will continue on the court like they always have.

This is embezzlement, nothing more. This is not an implication of department-wide corruption. One guy with access to something of value stole it and kept the profits. It could happen anywhere (well...only successful programs with high demand, so I guess KSU is safe)

KK was on air banging his drum to implicate Lew Perkins, with the theory that the person at the top holds ultimate responsibility. But at my company, if someone embezzles money, they fire that guy and prosecute him; they do not fire the president or the VPs. I seriously doubt that if an employee at 810am stole money from a sponsor, that KK would hold himself responsible.

Not only was Lew NOT involved, but I can practically guarantee he didn't profit from it. Lew makes a ton of money (probably more than the entire profit of this scam) to protect the interest and increase profits of the KU athletic department. This embezzlement did the opposite in both regards. He isn't going to risk his job, reputation, huge paycheck, and freedom to make a couple bucks on the side (and compared to Lew's salary and bonuses, this was chump change)

As was stated by the author of the article, this has little to do with KU, and its quite likely that it is going on at several other schools across the country (paraphrasing, he said if the FBI wants to open the investigation to be country-wide, there is plenty to find). Despite KK's anti-KU agenda, the author emphasized the facts and the connections outside the KU program; it was mere chance that it occurred at KU. The Pump brothers found a contact at a cash-cow program and exploited it; with such precision that it can be speculated that this wasn't their first time. In fact, he implied that the real prize for ticket scams like this is college football.

CoMoChief
05-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Man this is getting hairy.

WilliamTheIrish
05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
But at my company, if someone embezzles money, they fire that guy and prosecute him; ...

Your boss at Five Guys isn't going to get charged for red russet theft.

Lou was shitting his pants at the PC. It was hilarious.

WilliamTheIrish
05-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Also, this is why the players of NCAA sports should be paid. Out in the open. I'd rather they get the money that the thieves that profited just by being leeches.

teedubya
05-26-2010, 07:21 PM
In fact, he implied that the real prize for ticket scams like this is college football.

Since the main culprits came from University of Oklahoma... I'd say they most likely need a forensic audit, as well.

Not deflecting, because this is an epic dumb situation for KU... I'm thinking that OU is where teh Burbaugh's got the idea?

Dumb of KU to invite Charlotte back to work on the spreadsheet.

WilliamTheIrish
05-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Lew: "I take full responsibility ...um.. except for the illegal activity". LMAO That was great.

Coach
05-26-2010, 08:29 PM
What do you expect from a Kansas based firm? Its not like they can go to Law school at KState.

Apparently "independent" defines as somebody who has no ties to the school, is what some people interpret it.

However, the fact that they all have law degrees from KU is a cause of concern.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
05-26-2010, 09:14 PM
The KU-haters are having a field day with this.

It's only par for the course, man. I'd be doing the exact same thing if this was happening at MU/KSU or UNC/UK. I wasn't on CP when KSU went through a similar thing (except it was a more direct robbery of the donor funds), Lord knows I would've given all of them so much shit...

By the time Marcus Morris and his friends take to the court, this won't be an issue any more.

DJay23
05-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Also, this is why the players of NCAA sports should be paid. Out in the open. I'd rather they get the money that the thieves that profited just by being leeches.

Agree completely

Al Bundy
05-26-2010, 09:23 PM
It just points out how sleazy the AAU circuit is. If I was a KU grad I would be embarrassed and if I was a donor I would be unhappy that this sort of crap was allowed to go on. You would have to convince me to donate more of my heard earned money. This thing isn't over the FBI is around and will remain around until they get everyone...

teedubya
05-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Hopefully an MU fan will anally assault the Greedy KU ticket idiots in prison.

ChiefaRoo
05-26-2010, 09:39 PM
KU WILL RECEIVE DEATH PENALTY. Gheyhawk nation will see suicides by the 10's of thousands.

Bowser
05-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Lew: "I take full responsibility ...um.. except for the illegal activity". LMAO That was great.

Way to step up and take that bullet, Lew. Right in the Kevlar vest!

teedubya
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Hahah... I had forgotten ChiefaRoo existed. VBff thing for years... wow.

Boon
05-26-2010, 09:58 PM
They'll probably find out they were really hosing the opposing teams on ticket prices.
hahahahahaha

ChiefaRoo
05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Hahah... I had forgotten ChiefaRoo existed. VBff thing for years... wow.

So who are you? Skip's reincarnation?

CoMoChief
05-26-2010, 11:40 PM
It was all Kaun.

T-post Tom
05-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Scandal?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7J0Sc06sVSw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7J0Sc06sVSw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

|Zach|
05-27-2010, 05:56 AM
Life's also too short to worry. It's baseball season. Basketball season starts in 5 months.

Nobody cares about baseball.

|Zach|
05-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Lab monkeys at KU Medical Center suffered neglect

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/26/1973799/ku-monkeys-suffered-neglect-group.html#ixzz0p8Bd16KJ

Pants
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Lab monkeys at KU Medical Center suffered neglect

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/26/1973799/ku-monkeys-suffered-neglect-group.html#ixzz0p8Bd16KJ

I used to work there.

/sadface

ChiTown
05-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Ticket skimming scandal tops $1 million for KU

By J. BRADY McCOLLOUGH and TONY RIZZO

The Kansas City Star

KU officials said the scheme blindsided them. Donors and alumni said it outraged them. And investigators said KU’s ticket operations, with an atmosphere like a “candy store,” need an overhaul.

The two-month internal investigation, commissioned and paid for by the athletic department, was announced after The Kansas City Star reported that a federal inquiry was focused on the possibility that KU men’s basketball tickets had been taken and sold illegally.

Wednesday’s final report alleged that five KU athletics staff members and a consultant sold or used at least 17,609 men’s basketball game tickets and 2,181 football game tickets during 2005-10. Forensic accountants calculated the value of the ticket losses at a total of about $1.03 million, but said it could reach as high as $3 million.

And with federal law enforcement officials still investigating, these revelations may be only the first wave.

“I would not be at all surprised if the government figures are much larger,” said Jack Focht, the attorney who led the internal investigation. “The federal government has the power of the grand jury subpoena, the FBI, the IRS, everybody else. I had four or five attorneys and an audit team to look at records.”

The results of the investigation by Wichita law firm Foulston Siefkin humbled KU athletic director Lew Perkins, who said he had no knowledge of the alleged improprieties.

“I accept responsibility, not for any criminal activity, but because I am the athletic director and it happened during my watch,” Perkins said. “I thought we had just about every safeguard in place, but nobody picked up on it. I certainly didn’t.”

The six people identified in the report:

•Rodney Jones, whom Perkins promoted to assistant athletics director for the Williams Fund in 2004.

•Jones’ boss, Ben Kirtland, whom Perkins hired in 2004 to be the head of fundraising for Kansas Athletics Inc. Kirtland had previously worked under Perkins at Connecticut.

•Charlette Blubaugh, whom Perkins hired in 2005. She rose to become associate athletics director of ticket operations.

•Brandon Simmons, whom Perkins hired in 2005. He rose to become assistant athletics director for sales and marketing.

•Jason Jeffries, whom Perkins promoted to assistant director of ticket operations in 2004.

•Blubaugh’s husband, Tom Blubaugh, who was allegedly approved by Kirtland to be a contracted consultant. The report indicated that Perkins was unaware of Blubaugh’s presence on the payroll, despite Kansas Athletics paying him $115,000 during 2007-10.

Spokesmen for the FBI, Internal Revenue Service and U.S. attorney’s office in Kansas all declined to comment on the investigation.

Both the Kansas attorney general and Douglas County district attorney’s offices confirmed they had received copies of the report. But spokesmen said federal prosecutors are taking the lead in the investigation and they would be involved only if asked for assistance.

Jones, Simmons, Kirtland and Charlette Blubaugh did not return phone calls Wednesday. Jeffries could not be reached for comment.

Kirtland is being represented by attorney Robin Fowler, who said he had not had a chance to study the KU report and had no immediate comment. Other lawyers representing some of those named in the report did not return calls seeking comment.

Investigators said they found no evidence that Williams Fund donations were stolen or compromised. Nor did they find that donor points in the Priority Points System, which helps determine seating, were manipulated.

Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little and Perkins said they would implement immediate changes recommended by investigators as well as other safeguards to prevent future problems.

At Wednesday’s news conference, Perkins admitted that KU may have gotten “complacent” in recent years.

“Things were going so good,” Perkins said. “Ticket sales were up, donations were up, we were winning conference championships, we were winning in football. I saw no red flags. None. Everything seemed to be adding up to a positive.”

The investigation

Perkins said he was first notified of possible problems in late 2009 when federal investigators told him they were investigating the illegal sale of tickets in 2001-03 — before Perkins had taken over as athletic director.

In March, federal agents contacted Nicole Corcoran, Perkins’ chief of staff, and told her the IRS was focusing its investigation on Jones’ activity from 2006 to the present. The agents were interested in tickets that had been moved to brokers.

During this time, Jones was placed on administrative leave by Perkins. The internal investigation of the operations of the ticket office and the Williams Fund began soon afterward.

The report alleged that Jones had hired a private investigator who contacted Blubaugh in an attempt to have her “work together” with Jones. Blubaugh, who had already resigned Feb. 3, told Perkins that she feared for her safety and said she had hired an attorney.

Kirtland resigned on April 5, followed by Jones’ resignation two weeks later. On April 30, KU announced that Simmons and Jeffries had resigned as well.

The report pointed to Kirtland and Blubaugh as creators of a culture “where the employees feel free to sample the wares without paying for them,” and described Jones as “the man to see if you wanted a free ticket to athletic events.” Because all three were high-ranking officials, other employees felt they had no one to turn to and worried about possible retaliation if they spoke out.

Also mentioned in the report was Lawrence developer and convicted felon David R. Freeman, who reportedly spurred the federal criminal investigation. His broad ties to the KU athletic scene include personal and business relationships with Jones.

In April, Freeman was sentenced to 18 months in prison for bribing a former Junction City, Kan., official. His attorney, Carl Cornwell, had argued that he should receive probation because of his cooperation with authorities in the KU ticket investigation.

What happened

Perkins said Wednesday that the former employees had taken advantage of a “blind spot” in his department’s auditing process. The university’s report provided some examples of how the ticket procedures were subverted:

•Simmons and Jeffries sold more than $200,000 worth of men’s basketball tickets through brokers with Blubaugh’s consent, according to the report.

The last two years, Jeffries said he received 56 tickets, which Blubaugh took directly out of the vault. Jeffries gave the tickets to Simmons, who allegedly sold them to an Oklahoma ticket broker.

•Blubaugh told Simmons and Jeffries to move records about 2008-09 basketball tickets to Memorial Stadium, where she, Kirtland and her husband would “destroy” them, the report alleges. She then said when the records could not be found, they could blame it on construction at the stadium. The report said the records are missing.

•The ticketing software used by KU allowed general accounts to be opened without identifying the recipients of complimentary tickets. These accounts included names such as “RJDD,” which stood for Rodney Jones Donor Discretionary. Investigators found that $197,695 of men’s basketball tickets from the RJDD account were sold to brokers. Blubaugh also took other steps to make tracking tickets in the software difficult, the report said.

•Blubaugh indicated by e-mail that she would give eight free tickets to a KU-Kansas State football game after her neighbor had inquired about tickets.

It shouldn’t be shocking that Perkins didn’t know about the alleged illegal scheme, Focht said, because some of the best auditing firms in the country worked on KU athletic accounts and missed it as well.

“There is no question that our ticketing control, oversight and auditing had a blind spot,” Perkins said. “We didn’t see it coming. Those are all answers. They are not excuses.”

Meanwhile, people close to KU expressed their disappointment.

“The numbers are staggering to me,” said Milton “Mick” Allen, grandson of famed Kansas coach Phog Allen. “I had no idea we were talking that many tickets. I’m very disillusioned. It’s mind-boggling.”

What’s next

As they now wait for the results of the federal investigation, university officials said Wednesday they planned to implement immediate changes to prevent future wrongdoing in their ticket operations. Among the recommendations in the report:

•Strengthening internal controls for the handling and distribution of tickets. The new system would include clear segregation of duties within the ticket office; a “dual key” system for gaining access to the ticket inventory; a tracking system for complimentary tickets; monthly ticket reconciliation; and limiting employee access to the ticket management.

•Hiring a full-time auditor to monitor donations, tickets and travel.

•Enhancing transparency during basketball Select-a-Seat events, similar to the process recently implemented for football seat selection.

Perkins said he didn’t foresee any NCAA violations resulting from the alleged scheme.

KU officials also emphasized that they would take legal action to recover the money lost, and would aim to recover their fans’ trust, too.

“There were many victims of this activity: Our fans, donors, alumni, Kansas Athletics and the university as a whole,” Gray-Little said. “We sincerely regret the distress that this situation has caused our loyal fans and any loss of confidence that may have resulted.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/26/1973964/ticket-skimming-scandal-tops-1.html#ixzz0p8nQ6vVE

kepp
05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
By the time Marcus Morris and his friends take to the court, this won't be an issue any more.

Seriously....I hear the twins are gonna be in full Airsoft mode :bang:

ArrowheadHawk
05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Seriously....I hear the twins are gonna be in full Airsoft mode :bang:Yep. All over that Mizzou ass.

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
husband, Tom Blubaugh, who was allegedly approved by Kirtland to be a contracted consultant. The report indicated that Perkins was unaware of Blubaugh’s presence on the payroll, despite Kansas Athletics paying him $115,000 during 2007-10.

You gotta be kidding me. The guy who runs the joint with an iron fist doesn't know that the tix office (which has 5 employees) is employing the husband of the AD for Tix Operations?

|Zach|
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Yep. All over that Mizzou ass.

Ew.

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
KU WILL RECEIVE DEATH PENALTY. Gheyhawk nation will see suicides by the 10's of thousands.

You wish, cock smuggler.

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Recently there was a Kansas Supreme Court judge sitting in the box with Lew at a Bball game. No coincidence there. A judge who makes 100k sitting in front of 200k donor... the old points system that Lew instituted is going to be brought out from the shadows and those donors are gong to be pretty pissed one would think.

Lew might twist on this one.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
You wish, cock smuggler.

Heh, Dirty AD, abusive coaches, thug players. No wonder MU and Nebraska are leaving.

Looking forward to seeing the formation of the Texas Conference where KU will be forced to play all of the TX teams on the road.

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Heh, Dirty AD, abusive coaches, thug players. No wonder MU and Nebraska are leaving.

Looking forward to seeing the formation of the Texas Conference where KU will be forced to play all of the TX teams on the road.

Your jealousy is the most delicious thing I've tasted all day. Please go on, Rootard. :)

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM

Dirty AD? eh... maybe.

Abusive coaches? Hardly.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Your jealousy is the most delicious thing I've tasted all day. Please go on, Rootard. :)

I love Jayhawk Nation. So personally invested in their mythical bird.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Dirty AD? eh... maybe.

Abusive coaches? Hardly.

"How'd you like me to send your ass back to E. St. Louis so you can get shot like your brother?!" - Mangino

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.kansasregents.org/board_responds_to_ku_athletics_report[/url]

KBoR statement

(TOPEKA) – Today Board of Regents’ Chair Jill Docking, of Wichita, issued the following statement regarding the release of a report produced by the Wichita law firm Foulston Siefkin LLP which investigated the tickets operation of the University of Kansas (KU) Athletics Department:

“This report reveals a shocking catalogue of unethical behavior that reflects negatively upon the University of Kansas and its Athletics Department. Having just received the report today, we want to review it thoroughly and carefully before providing any comment regarding its contents. In addition, because we understand that the conduct outlined in this report is the subject of an on-going criminal investigation, we want to be cautious in how we comment about this matter at this point in the process.”

“However, we want to make two things clear. First, we expect that the leadership of the University and its Athletics Department will move swiftly to fully implement the recommendations presented in this report. Second, we expect Chancellor Gray-Little to provide the Board of Regents, during its June meeting, with a comprehensive report outlining the steps she is taking to respond to this report and its implications, and the plan she will pursue to restore the trust that has been damaged by the deeply disturbing conduct described in this report.”
“Our role as KU’s governing board is to demand accountability from the Chancellor and to ensure that the University immediately remedies these issues within the Athletics Department, assuring Kansans that this type of deception will not happen again. Even the slightest hint of unethical behavior surrounding the athletics program hurts the student athletes, the Department’s honest personnel, and loyal and supportive KU alumni. We have confidence that Chancellor Gray-Little will restore the integrity of the Department.”

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:26 PM
"How'd you like me to send your ass back to E. St. Louis so you can get shot like your brother?!" - Mangino

Nice misquote. At least you got the jist right. Please go on.

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 01:26 PM

You think football coaches all over the nation don't say things like that? Every day? (Except "Preach "Em Up" Gill)

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
I love Jayhawk Nation. So personally invested in their mythical bird.

So what exactly is the Shocker supposed to be? LMAO

Your stupid ass drivel used to piss me off, but now, dear Rootard, you make me smile.

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Dirty AD: Dirty AD employees, maybe, but Lew isn't a part of this embezzlement scheme and KU won't suffer NCAA sanctions. It's a purely criminal matter that came about due to entrepreneurial greed on the part of a group of individuals who obviously only cared about making a buck while fucking over their university and donors behind the scenes.

Abusive coaches: Fixed - and I must say that Turner Gill is one hell of a likeable, high class guy. We needed that after Mangino lost his cool a time too many.

Thug players: This unfortunately happens at many, many schools (if not most). It's simply a product of recruiting kids that come from at-risk environments. There's only so much a coach and others at the university can do. It's not possible to babysit a young adult 24/7.

MU and Nebraska have had their own issues. Stop acting like KU is the only university in the Big XII to deal with stuff like this. Hell, take a look at KSU last year (direct donor fund fraud), MU last year and this year (players fighting, getting arrested, criminal drug and weapons charges, etc.), OU this year (sanctions out the wazoo a-comin'), etc.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
So what exactly is the Shocker supposed to be? LMAO

Your stupid ass drivel used to piss me off, but now, dear Rootard, you make me smile.

The Shocker is an angry piece of Wheat there amigo. :) Angry WHEAT bi^ches!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I make you smile. KU fans are, well, quaint.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
You think football coaches all over the nation don't say things like that? Every day? (Except "Preach "Em Up" Gill)

Let's not get this twisted. Mangino was fired for being an overly abusive and out of control coach.

Titty Meat
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Dirty AD: Dirty AD employees, maybe, but Lew isn't a part of this embezzlement scheme and KU won't suffer NCAA sanctions. It's a purely criminal matter that came about due to entrepreneurial greed on the part of a group of individuals who obviously only cared about making a buck while ****ing over their university and donors behind the scenes.

Abusive coaches: Fixed - and I must say that Turner Gill is one hell of a likeable, high class guy. We needed that after Mangino lost his cool a time too many.

Thug players: This unfortunately happens at many, many schools (if not most). It's simply a product of recruiting kids that come from at-risk environments. There's only so much a coach and others at the university can do. It's not possible to babysit a young adult 24/7.

MU and Nebraska have had their own issues. Stop acting like KU is the only university in the Big XII to deal with stuff like this. Hell, take a look at KSU last year (direct donor fund fraud), MU last year and this year (players fighting, getting arrested, criminal drug and weapons charges, etc.), OU this year (sanctions out the wazoo a-comin'), etc.

Ku's issues are alot bigger at the moment.

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM

A lot bigger than what?

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Perhaps from a current PR perspective, but I don't foresee any NCAA sanctions - no reason for any based on current information - nor do I see Perkins losing his job. It's an internal criminal investigation that will likely make ADs across the country look more closely at how their employees handle ticket procedures. The KUAD lost money on this, which is what people seem to be conveniently forgetting when pointing the finger at Lew.

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Perhaps from a current PR perspective, but I don't foresee any NCAA sanctions - no reason for any based on current information - nor do I see Perkins losing his job. It's an internal criminal investigation that will likely make ADs across the country look more closely at how their employees handle ticket procedures. The KUAD lost money on this, which is what people seem to be conveniently forgetting when pointing the finger at Lew.

Somebody mentioned that the FBI is trying to make this a nationwide deal and get to the real juice which is found in big time football programs.

Frazod
05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Prison awaits!

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Let's not get this twisted. Mangino was fired for being an overly abusive and out of control coach.

There were valid reasons to let him go near the end if the season (i.e., having a turd of a season when KU was slated to be a front-runner in the BigXII North), but there was simply no turning back once the abuse allegations arose.

sedated
05-27-2010, 01:46 PM

not really.

the criminals have been caught. the embezzlement is over.

this is essentially wrapped up, except KU haters will continue to dig for dirt and pass around rumors and speculation, and KU will bring on a public relations campaign that they are fixing the problem.

luv
Prison awaits!

You just love to ruffle their feathers, don't you? LMAO

ChiefaRoo
Prison awaits!

I'd love to see sweet Lew do the perp walk on ESPN. Oh the humanity.

sedated
05-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Somebody mentioned that the FBI is trying to make this a nationwide deal and get to the real juice which is found in big time football programs.

I'm pretty sure that was said by the author of the article.

but don't let the facts get in the way of the flame campaign.

ChiefaRoo
There were valid reasons to let him go near the end if the season (i.e., having a turd of a season when KU was slated to be a front-runner in the BigXII North), but there was simply no turning back once the abuse allegations arose.

I actually agree with you on this.

Frazod
You just love to ruffle their feathers, don't you? LMAO

What? It sounds like a great slogan to me.

Any of you can feel free to use it with my compliments.

HC_Chief
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
A lot bigger than what?

Hater IQs? :shrug:

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Prison awaits!
Okay, I'll admit I laughed. But only a little. :p

I'm most disappointed in Roger Morningstar. I know him personally and if the allegations by Jones hold true, well, I just don't know what to say. It's not like he didn't have money before this whole scalping scandal. Some people just can't get enough and don't seem to mind screwing over their alma mater in the process...

Saulbadguy
I'll just say this - for what seems like the past few years, the University of Kansas has provided for an entertaining offseason. I salute them.

luv

I know one game he completely botched up...not that I minded. :p

Pants
Prison awaits!

Fuck yeah, deservingly so. You can't rip off an organization for a million dollars and expect nothing to happen.

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm most disappointed in Roger Morningstar. I know him personally and if the allegations by Jones hold true, well, I just don't know what to say. It's not like he didn't have money before this whole scalping scandal. Some people just can't get enough and don't seem to mind screwing over their alma mater in the process...

Morningstar is the crux of this. Without him involved, I doubt there would be that much of an uproar from rival fans.

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I'll just say this - for what seems like the past few years, the University of Kansas has provided for an entertaining offseason. I salute them.
As long as we don't get hit with sanctions, well, we're glad to be of service! :evil:

:doh!:

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 01:52 PM
As long as we don't get hit with sanctions, well, we're glad to be of service! :evil:

:doh!:

It wasn't long ago you did get hit with sanctions, and lack of institutional control.

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:52 PM

LMAO

You honestly think that had KU won the North and made it to the B12 Championship game, Mangino would get fired? Rootard, even you are smarter than that.

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:53 PM

Same goes for KSU, brah.

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 01:54 PM

That is not true. He was fired because he was losing football games. The abusive/out of control coach stuff happened when he was winning football games. It then suddenly "came to light" when the football team started to suck.

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I know one game he completely botched up...not that I minded. :p
Goddammit. :mad:

LMAO

That game still pisses me off, especially since we could've won it sans that brainfart towards the end. :shake:

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
LMAO

You honestly think that had KU won the North and made it to the B12 Championship game, Mangino would get fired? Rootard, even you are smarter than that.

Honestly? No. Read my last post on the matter.

I'm pretty sure he was fired for working too hard on his male modeling career to the detriment of KU Football.

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
It wasn't long ago you did get hit with sanctions, and lack of institutional control.
No shit, Sherlock. I meant that as long as we don't have to go through that crap again...

Thanks, Roy. :grr:

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I actually agree with you on this.
Hell hath frozen over! :eek:

Pants
05-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Honestly? No. Read my last post on the matter.

I'm pretty sure he was fired for working too hard on his male modeling career to the detriment of KU Football.

Your quips are even weaker than the points you're trying to make, Rootard. You need to go back into hiding till KU's loss in the NCAA tournament. At least you won't fail to understand the situation when that happens. It's OK, billay is confused too. I'm sure Saul Good is so confused, he's not even sure what to post. Let the big boys like Saul and Irish do the talking for you.

Pablo
05-27-2010, 01:59 PM
That is not true. He was fired because he was losing football games. The abusive/out of control coach stuff happened when he was winning football games. It then suddenly "came to light" when the football team started to suck.Pretty much.

I don't give a shit how "abusive" or "mean-spirited" a coach is as long as their winning.

Todd Haley could personally fuck every D-Linemen's grandmother, film it, splice it with game tape; and force them to watch it while he recaps how deep he got in granny's cunnyhole...and I won't give a shit how abusive or mean his tactics are if we're winning.

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 01:59 PM
No shit, Sherlock. I meant that as long as we don't have to go through that crap again...

Thanks, Roy. :grr:

Ah, well, you probably will. Kansas has been on probation in some form for every decade since the 1950's. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Pablo
05-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Your quips are even weaker than the points you're trying to make, Rootard. You need to go back into hiding till KU's loss in the NCAA tournament. At least you won't fail to understand the situation when that happens. It's OK, billay is confused too. I'm sure Saul Good is so confused, he's not even sure what to post. Let the big boys like Saul and Irish do the talking for you.LMAO

So true. The only K-Stater's that bring constant, quality smack are WTI and Saul.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Hell hath frozen over! :eek:

Hey guys and girls. Have a great Holiday Weekend. Remember we all hate LJ and love the Chiefs.

I'm getting hammered now and will be drunk posting throughout the weekend.

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 02:02 PM
LMAO

So true. The only K-Stater's that bring constant, quality smack are WTI and Saul.

Chiefaroo is a shocker fan.

Pablo
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Chiefaroo is a shocker fan.LMAO

Even better. Who gives a shit about that program anyhow?

luv
Hey guys and girls. Have a great Holiday Weekend. Remember we all hate LJ and love the Chiefs.

I'm getting hammered now and will be drunk posting throughout the weekend.

You should have said you already started. Would have been a great defense.

ChiefaRoo
Your quips are even weaker than the points you're trying to make, Rootard. You need to go back into hiding till KU's loss in the NCAA tournament. At least you won't fail to understand the situation when that happens. It's OK, billay is confused too. I'm sure Saul Good is so confused, he's not even sure what to post. Let the big boys like Saul and Irish do the talking for you.

Are you trying to ask me out Mike?

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Ah, well, you probably will. Kansas has been on probation in some form for every decade since the 1950's. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Is that supposed to make me cry or renounce my fanhood or something? :spock:

I really don't see KU going on probation again soon, especially with Bernadette Grey-Little at the helm - she seems to be a no-nonsense sort and appeared ambivalent towards Perkins during today's press conference - and Perkins now having to do a complete inventory of the AD after this recent affair. Lew knows his ship can't afford to have any further leaks, particularly in the eyes of the donors.

Pants
05-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I honestly hope Lew doesn't get fired over this, it would hurt us in the long run. He really shouldn't get the slip, but you never know what a school is liable to do in order to save face.

Saulbadguy
Is that supposed to make me cry or renounce my fanhood or something? :spock:

Naw. Just mentally preparing you for the inevitable.

ChiefaRoo
You should have said you already started. Would have been a great defense.

I really have enjoyed my five years on this board. I admit my smack isn't what it once was. I've lost my burst because my chick has mellowed me out. I can still get in the endzone on 4th and goal though. So bring it biatches!!!

PS - Who wants a Rum and Coke? I'm pouring.

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 02:11 PM
I really have enjoyed my five years on this board. I admit my smack isn't what it once was. I've lost my burst because my chick has mellowed me out. I can still get in the endzone on 4th and goal though. So bring it biatches!!!

Vagina is a powerful thing. :drool:

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I honestly hope Lew doesn't get fired over this, it would hurt us in the long run. He really shouldn't get the slip, but you never know what a school is liable to do in order to save face.

I think he is safe - but the tard talking point of how this isn't his responsibility is absolutely hilarious. It most certainly lies at his feet when you have a cast of characters this large, and this much money at stake.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Vagina is a powerful thing. :drool:

It is my friend.... it is....

Tactical Funky
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Naw. Just mentally preparing you for the inevitable.
Why would I have to mentally prepare myself for the inevitable if we've always been under probation? o:-)

Titty Meat
05-27-2010, 02:14 PM
A lot bigger than what?

I don't think Osborne is involved in a felony.

luv
05-27-2010, 02:14 PM

Are you saying you've been pussified by your woman?

Frazod
05-27-2010, 02:15 PM

Skip's gone, too. Metrolike is a poor substitute. :D

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't think Osborne is involved in a felony.

Whoever exhumed him could face some jail time, though.

Pants
05-27-2010, 02:16 PM
I think he is safe - but the tard talking point of how this isn't his responsibility is absolutely hilarious. It most certainly lies at his feet when you have a cast of characters this large, and this much money at stake.

I tend to agree with this, but then again, I doubt he ever imagined Roger starting this little ring. I honestly don't know. I'll leave the judgment to you KSU/MU fans.

Pablo
Whoever exhumed him could face some jail time, though.LMAO

CoMoChief
The Big12 north doesn't care about baseball.

fyp

KC_Connection
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Nobody cares about baseball.
Just baseball fans.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Are you saying you've been pussified by your woman?

I'd prefer to say that the source of my rage has been diminished significantly.

Did I mention that my avi is a spot on match for her booty too? Life is good. Time for another drink.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Skip's gone, too. Metrolike is a poor substitute. :D

Skip was reliable and predictable. It was good while it lasted. :D

GoHuge
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
JFC this whole thing is insane. Do all of the people involved actually think they're going to get away with something like this forever? Reminds me of the Madoff thing. Obviously money is the initial reason for doing something like this, but don't any of these people say "maybe I should get the **** out while the gettin is good?" No they never do. They just go and go and get bigger and bigger. The thought process (or lack there of) eventually leads them straight to the authorities. You would think a few of these morons might think about saying "you know what I did really well on this deal, but it's getting a little out of hand, and too many people are finding about it."

These people get on a power trip because they're making money by the tons and feel like they're too smart to get caught. It becomes like a drug and they can't stop. History shows it is much better to be the first or one of the first guys out of an illegal operation when the walls start falling down. You don't want to be the last man standing because all your boys have rolled up on you to save their ass.

I don't think this is a "KU problem." There are people around the program that are involved, but I don't think that makes the KU Athletic Department or the University culpable in the scam, but I'm not an attorney either. I can always hope though!!!

Everyone involved in college football and basketball are at the very least a little slimy. They don't go out and break rules (normally) but every single one of them takes it to the very edge. Even if not illegal It could Definitely be considered unethical. One example is Bob Huggins before he was hired by K State. He was out of coaching for the year, but of course he knew he'd be right back the next year. The things he did and the conversations he had with parents and the kid he was recruiting would never have been allowed by the NCAA, but there isn't anything they can do about it even though it was going to have a direct impact on whatever school he ended up at. Some people might call that unethical or frown upon it, but then there are those like me that thinks it's brilliant to show up at K-State with Michael Beasley, Bill Walker, Jacob Pullen, Dom Sutton, and Jamaar Samuels :D

Maybe some day they'll figure out how to clean up college sports, but just like with anything else if there is a way to make easy money somebody will try and do it. Have never said this about any Jayhawk, but I feel really sorry for Brady Morningstar. I'm sure on campus everyone knows exactly who he is and will only know or heard that his dad is being investigating for trying to destroy KU. Most won't have the whole story or really understand what he's accused of doing. They'll just be looking, pointing, and asking each other why Brady's dad is trying to destroy KU. Gonna be a very uncomfortable thing for him to deal with. Thanks Dad!!!

Boon
05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Frank Martin = Mark Mangino
When the losses come, he's gone

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
LMAO

Even better. Who gives a shit about that program anyhow?

You mean the program that Lew decimated (football) or the program that Turg ran away from?

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 03:14 PM

Your "smack" never was.

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 03:17 PM

I love this.

The same groupthink from fans that said "Doc Sadler is the best X's and O's coach in the league".

ArrowheadHawk
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
When the losses come, he's gone:spock: Uhm no. Frank is a good coach.

Dante84
05-27-2010, 03:24 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much coaching in general. Welcome to the concept of sports.

Unless of course you mean, if he has one bad season and we kick him to the curb? If that's what you are saying, then no, sir. You are wrong.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Your "smack" never was.

Eat a dick. No Rum for you.

teedubya
05-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, If I were Brady Morningstar, I'd probably transfer.

Pants
05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5226972

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Athletic departments around the country are taking a look at their ticket policies a day after officials at Kansas admitted losing at least $1 million in an alleged scalping scheme run by school employees.

Officials at Michigan, Oklahoma and Ohio State all told The Associated Press on Thursday they were reviewing their ticket operations.

In addition, Lew Perkins, Kansas' embattled athletic director, says he's been contacted by other schools for advice on how to prevent such scandals.

According to an independent investigation, five full-time athletic department employees and a consultant conspired to sell Kansas basketball and football tickets and pocket the money.

The employees included some of Perkins' top lieutenants and involved nearly 20,000 tickets altogether from 2005 to 2010.

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 05:16 PM
JFC this whole thing is insane. Do all of the people involved actually think they're going to get away with something like this forever? Reminds me of the Madoff thing. Obviously money is the initial reason for doing something like this, but don't any of these people say "maybe I should get the **** out while the gettin is good?" No they never do. They just go and go and get bigger and bigger. The thought process (or lack there of) eventually leads them straight to the authorities. You would think a few of these morons might think about saying "you know what I did really well on this deal, but it's getting a little out of hand, and too many people are finding about it."

These people get on a power trip because they're making money by the tons and feel like they're too smart to get caught. It becomes like a drug and they can't stop. History shows it is much better to be the first or one of the first guys out of an illegal operation when the walls start falling down. You don't want to be the last man standing because all your boys have rolled up on you to save their ass.

I don't think this is a "KU problem." There are people around the program that are involved, but I don't think that makes the KU Athletic Department or the University culpable in the scam, but I'm not an attorney either. I can always hope though!!!

Everyone involved in college football and basketball are at the very least a little slimy. They don't go out and break rules (normally) but every single one of them takes it to the very edge. Even if not illegal It could Definitely be considered unethical. One example is Bob Huggins before he was hired by K State. He was out of coaching for the year, but of course he knew he'd be right back the next year. The things he did and the conversations he had with parents and the kid he was recruiting would never have been allowed by the NCAA, but there isn't anything they can do about it even though it was going to have a direct impact on whatever school he ended up at. Some people might call that unethical or frown upon it, but then there are those like me that thinks it's brilliant to show up at K-State with Michael Beasley, Bill Walker, Jacob Pullen, Dom Sutton, and Jamaar Samuels :D

Maybe some day they'll figure out how to clean up college sports, but just like with anything else if there is a way to make easy money somebody will try and do it. Have never said this about any Jayhawk, but I feel really sorry for Brady Morningstar. I'm sure on campus everyone knows exactly who he is and will only know or heard that his dad is being investigating for trying to destroy KU. Most won't have the whole story or really understand what he's accused of doing. They'll just be looking, pointing, and asking each other why Brady's dad is trying to destroy KU. Gonna be a very uncomfortable thing for him to deal with. Thanks Dad!!!
tl;dr

Saulbadguy
05-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Eat a dick. No Rum for you.

What kind of rum do you pour? Appleton estate for me.

Saul Good
05-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Chiefaroo is a shocker fan.

And I'm a Mizzou fan. Can beakers get anything right?

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 05:47 PM
And I'm a Mizzou fan. Can beakers get anything right?

They get a lot of things right. Accounting seems to be a real problem.

ChiTown
05-27-2010, 05:51 PM

Boon = Retarded

kstater
05-27-2010, 06:09 PM
In addition, Lew Perkins, Kansas' embattled athletic director, says he's been contacted by other schools for advice on how to prevent such scandals. One would think that he'd be the last one you'd want to ask for advice on how to prevent such scandal.

Frazod
05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
One would think that he'd be the last one you'd want to ask for advice on how to prevent such scandal.

They tried to reach Richard Nixon first, but he was dead. LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Not near enough talk about Roger Morningstar going to to jail. I wonder if he'll pull a Brady Drunkenstar and say: "I don't do jail".

Boon
05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
ChiTown = Homer

WilliamTheIrish
05-27-2010, 06:34 PM
This is a comment on JO Poz's blog that made me laugh as it's applied to the Perkins "I accept full responsibility" quote.

Quote from an 8-track tape my dad played in the car nonstop through my childhood:

I accept the responsibility but not the blame. Let me explain the difference. Those who are to blame lose their jobs. Those who are responsible do not.

Richard Nixon: A Fantasy by David Frye (1973)

Boon
05-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Let Perkin's go.

Seems to me it doesn't matter who's calling the shots.
The results are eerily similar.

sedated
05-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Let Perkin's go.

Seems to me it doesn't matter who's calling the shots.
The results are eerily similar.

winning BCS bowl games and basketball national championships?

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2010, 06:54 PM
What kind of rum do you pour? Appleton estate for me.

I like Don Q Cristal from Puerto Rico or Bacardi 8 year old. They're both nice, especially the 8.

Boon
05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
They have basketball championships without him.
BCS, no. But if he's responsible, cut his nuts.

Titty Meat
05-27-2010, 07:31 PM
KU shouldworry more about Gills horrible recruiting.

Pants
05-27-2010, 08:35 PM
One would think that he'd be the last one you'd want to ask for advice on how to prevent such scandal.

Are you implying he knew what was going on and turned a blind eye? I think the author of that article was trying to convey that some other schools are trying to learn from others' mistakes before they commit the same errors themselves.

WilliamTheIrish
05-28-2010, 04:56 PM
The Pump brothers clear up the whole mess. Sounds like a big misunderstanding. Why, I'm sure those fine men are above all this.

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/22146836?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry22146836

Dana and David Pump are willing to meet with Kansas and any government agency interested in speaking with them about their alleged involvement in a ticket scam at KU, the twin brothers from California told CBSSports.com on Friday.

The Pumps declined to answer questions but released a statement to CBSSports.com. It's their first public comments since Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday that they helped organize a ticket scam that is the centerpiece of a federal investigation. According to Yahoo! Sports, the scam helped former Kansas ticket manager Rodney Jones and Roger Morningstar -- father of basketball player Brady Morningstar -- make more than $800,000.

Here is the Pump's statement in its entirety:

Yahoo! Sports published an article [this week] regarding an investigation conducted by the University of Kansas into the unauthorized sale of tickets by certain campus employees. This article contains allegations regarding us by David Freeman, a three time convicted felon reportedly facing an 18th month prison sentence on a bribery charge. To be clear, we have always conducted our business operations in an ethical, legal, and professional manner. We were never contacted by the University of Kansas or any governmental entity in connection with this matter. Our names do not appear anywhere in the Kansas University report. We learned of the existence of the unauthorized ticket activities following the publication of the aforementioned article. Should the University of Kansas and/or any governmental agency wish to speak with us, we will be happy to cooperate. We have worked tirelessly to build our personal and professional reputations and to honor the memory of our late father by establishing the Harold Pump Foundation, a non-profit which has raised nearly $4 million to fight cancer. We will continue to pursue this passion knowing that we can rely upon the continuing assistance and support of our friends and colleagues.

Sincerely,

Dana and David Pump

WilliamTheIrish
05-30-2010, 01:37 PM
This shit just keeps getting more hilarious.

KU Athletic Director Perkins victim of alleged blackmail scheme

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/may/29/ku-athletic-director-perkins-victim-alleged-blackm/?breaking

Probably Morningstar.

Saulbadguy
05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Pathetic.

Mizzou_8541
05-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Poor KU. This couldn't happen to a better fan base.

BWillie
05-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't quite understand how a few individuals embezzling is going to cause Lew Perkins to lose his job or has anything to do w/ the individuals and coaches on the basketball and football teams. This actually cost the U. of Kansas MONEY. It was from a few greedy individuals and does not reflect the view of the University. The people embezzling the money obviously tried to hide it from the University.

Saulbadguy
05-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't quite understand how a few individuals embezzling is going to cause Lew Perkins to lose his job or has anything to do w/ the individuals and coaches on the basketball and football teams. This actually cost the U. of Kansas MONEY. It was from a few greedy individuals and does not reflect the view of the University. The people embezzling the money obviously tried to hide it from the University.

BWillie
05-30-2010, 01:55 PM

So if I started sending checks to myself at work, and was caught later for embezzling money. The CEO or the department manager should be fired?

Saulbadguy
05-30-2010, 02:01 PM
So if I started sending checks to myself at work, and was caught later for embezzling money. The CEO or the department manager should be fired?

If there were 4 more of you involved, and losses exceeded $1,000,000, and you were located in the same offices as the CEO...well, nevermind, you won't understand.

Pants
05-30-2010, 02:26 PM

Saul, they had multiple independent audits take place during Lew's tenure and nothing was ever found. But somehow Lew should've known. These dudes knew what they were doing and if it wasn't for a snitch telling the FBI all this in a separate investigation to reduce his sentence, this probably would've gone on indefinitely. This is why other schools are now asking Lew for tips and looking into their own books.

The only thing that Lew is responsible is for instilling this point system to begin with. I don't think he was exactly foreseeing his executives taking advantage of the system, so I guess you can make fun of him for that.

duncan_idaho
05-30-2010, 02:30 PM

It isn't just his job to be the public face and sit next to the radio bench with his head phones on. It's also his job to know what was going on in his athletic department.

There was one man (the husband of one of the 17 associate athletic directors) making $5k a month to "manage Williams Fund ticket distribution" who PERKINS DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WAS EMPLOYED BY THE ku AD.

Perkins is not innocent in this situation. Even if he's not guilty of complicity in the scheme, he's guilty of incompetent management of his athletic department.

And there are a lot more connections between Freeman and the rest of the ku AD than many would like to think. Freemans construction company built Bill Self's house (at quite a healthy discount considering the square footage and neighborhood).

Guess who lives next door? Self's best friend, Roger Morningstar... whose home also was built by Freeman's construction company (also at considerable discount).

Pants
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
It isn't just his job to be the public face and sit next to the radio bench with his head phones on. It's also his job to know what was going on in his athletic department.

There was one man (the husband of one of the 17 associate athletic directors) making $5k a month to "manage Williams Fund ticket distribution" who PERKINS DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WAS EMPLOYED BY THE ku AD.

Perkins is not innocent in this situation. Even if he's not guilty of complicity in the scheme, he's guilty of incompetent management of his athletic department.

And there are a lot more connections between Freeman and the rest of the ku AD than many would like to think. Freemans construction company built Bill Self's house (at quite a healthy discount considering the square footage and neighborhood).

Guess who lives next door? Self's best friend, Roger Morningstar... whose home also was built by Freeman's construction company (also at considerable discount).

Incompetent management? LOL, dude pretty much tripled our AD revenue during his time here. Pretty sure he's a competent athletic director. You make it sound like everyone who has seen fraud exposed on their watch is incompetent. Please.

Saulbadguy
05-30-2010, 02:41 PM

He built 4 of Bill Selfs houses. Bill Self owns at least 4 properties worth over $1M a pop in Lawrence, all built by Freeman.

WilliamTheIrish
05-30-2010, 02:43 PM

I think you have to look at it from the perspective of a person(s) who has donated a good sum of money.

You donate. Benevolently. For 20 years. Lew rides in and institutes a new points based seating policy, never showing any transparency in the system and he moves you up and away from previous seats you have had. You are asked to give more to retain these seats. You give. Benevolently. Again, the following season you are moved up and away. Again the AD asks you to give more to retain the rights to the seats. You comply.

As the seasons go forward you begin to notice that non donors are sitting in your former seats. Or the seats seem to be a rotation of people that you suspect don't donate. But the team is winning and that kind of keeps people placated.

Then the ticket dam breaks. And the guy in charge of the AD, the guy who removed you from your seats, the guy who said "donate more or else", the guy who removed the previous folks from the ticketing department and replaced them with his own, claims he had no knowledge of the nefarious goings-on perpetrated by the miscreants he hired himself. The same guy who rules with an iron fist. The same guy who denied any knowledge of football grade scandal.

Think that there are possibly 5,000 people with a fiscal axe to grind with the AD. People who want to know where the f*ck their money has been going and why the f*ck is the guy in charge seemingly oblivious to the transgressions of his hand picked underlings? And then multiply those 5,000 by the amount of money they donate. And then imagine you're the UK Chancellor who is worried about losing even a part of that money unless this mob of money gets a real, loud clear answer.

As I mentioned earlier, this isn't about a manager stealing from the til. It's the loss of 3mil and the trust of some high paying alums.

duncan_idaho
05-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Incompetent management? LOL, dude pretty much tripled our AD revenue during his time here. Pretty sure he's a competent athletic director. You make it sound like everyone who has seen fraud exposed on their watch is incompetent. Please.

You're right. It's normal for people to have multiple employees underneath them in a department of 25 that they don't even know exist.

What I want to know is how Perkins and co. (and the previous AD) didn't notice all the random people sitting in prime seats at the basketball arena over the course of this deal. At other institutions, the AD takes extra care to know all those people (between the members of the department, someone knows who is in each seat). And if they see someone sitting 3rd row, center court that they don't know, they're going to find out why an unrecognized face is in a prime seat.

WilliamTheIrish
05-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Anybody know how Lew figured out he was being blackmailed? The guy seems so to have no knowledge of anything by the tone of the posts here so it's probably safe to assume the L.P.D. told Lew he was being blackmailed and then asked for the computer. Was there somebody on the other end of the computer? Or did the computer come alive and demand money?

I always knew computers were dangerous. I'm throwing mine out right now.

duncan_idaho
05-30-2010, 02:55 PM
I think you have to look at it from the perspective of a person(s) who has donated a good sum of money.

You donate. Benevolently. For 20 years. Lew rides in and institutes a new points based seating policy, never showing any transparency in the system and he moves you up and away from previous seats you have had. You are asked to give more to retain these seats. You give. Benevolently. Again, the following season you are moved up and away. Again the AD asks you to give more to retain the rights to the seats. You comply.

As the seasons go forward you begin to notice that non donors are sitting in your former seats. Or the seats seem to be a rotation of people that you suspect don't donate. But the team is winning and that kind of keeps people placated.

Then the ticket dam breaks. And the guy in charge of the AD, the guy who removed you from your seats, the guy who said "donate more or else", the guy who removed the previous folks from the ticketing department and replaced them with his own, claims he had no knowledge of the nefarious goings-on perpetrated by the miscreants he hired himself. The same guy who rules with an iron fist. The same guy who denied any knowledge of football grade scandal.

Think that there are possibly 5,000 people with a fiscal axe to grind with the AD. People who want to know where the f*ck their money has been going and why the f*ck is the guy in charge seemingly oblivious to the transgressions of his hand picked underlings? And then multiply those 5,000 by the amount of money they donate. And then imagine you're the UK Chancellor who is worried about losing even a part of that money unless this mob of money gets a real, loud clear answer.

As I mentioned earlier, this isn't about a manager stealing from the til. It's the loss of 3mil and the trust of some high paying alums.

Very well stated.

To say that Perkins was completely innocent in all this just doesn't add up. Are we to believe he just brought in "his boys" to run the AD, and the Wiliams Fund, and install a new ticket system, and then gave them carte blanche?

Really? Does that REALLY sound like Lew Perkins' style?

OnTheWarpath15
05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
And if they see someone sitting 3rd row, center court that they don't know, they're going to find out why an unrecognized face is in a prime seat.

Like a porn star?

duncan_idaho
05-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Like a porn star?

:D

Oh, come on. That was just Kurtis Townsend being nice.

He routinely gives away tickets worth hundreds-thousands of dollars to people he meets once on airplanes.

beer bacon
05-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Anybody know how Lew figured out he was being blackmailed? The guy seems so to have no knowledge of anything by the tone of the posts here so it's probably safe to assume the L.P.D. told Lew he was being blackmailed and then asked for the computer. Was there somebody on the other end of the computer? Or did the computer come alive and demand money?

I always knew computers were dangerous. I'm throwing mine out right now.

I thought Lew was one of smartest, shrewdest, and ruthless ADs in the entire country. When did he become a clueless idiot?

kstater
05-30-2010, 03:16 PM
This shit just keeps getting more hilarious.

KU Athletic Director Perkins victim of alleged blackmail scheme

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/may/29/ku-athletic-director-perkins-victim-alleged-blackm/?breaking

Probably Morningstar.

This has to be a mistake. No way someone with nothing to hide would have any dirt to be blackmailed with.

Saulbadguy
05-30-2010, 03:16 PM
This has to be a mistake. No way someone with nothing to hide would have any dirt to be blackmailed with.

It must have been a "hater".

OnTheWarpath15
05-30-2010, 03:22 PM

Well, we are talking about someone that takes full responsibility for the ticket scandal.

Except for the illegal parts of the scandal, of course.

Blackmail without the dirty laundry to air. Interesting concept.

Pants
05-30-2010, 04:48 PM
We'll see who ends up going to jail once the FBI is done. Those responsible for what happened are going to be naming all kinds of names as parts of their pleas. If Lew had direct knowledge of this or was somehow involved in it, he'll be getting indicted. I guess we'll see.

beer bacon
05-30-2010, 05:01 PM
We'll see who ends up going to jail once the FBI is done. Those responsible for what happened are going to be naming all kinds of names as parts of their pleas. If Lew had direct knowledge of this or was somehow involved in it, he'll be getting indicted. I guess we'll see.

Lew already said he is completely responsible for everything except whatever turns out to be criminal. Case closed.

Pants
05-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Lew already said he is completely responsible for everything except whatever turns out to be criminal. Case closed.

Well he is responsible because it happened on his watch, done by the people he hired. Yes, he is responsible in that sense.

OnTheWarpath15
05-30-2010, 05:40 PM

That still makes me fucking chuckle.

Completely responsible, EXCEPT.

WilliamTheIrish
05-30-2010, 05:54 PM

I don't think Perkins had any direct knowledge of the ticket theft. He has some built in plausible deniability that he lean on. It will be interesting to see what kid of heat the chancellor is getting from alums.

sedated
05-30-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't think Perkins had any direct knowledge of the ticket theft. He has some built in plausible deniability that he lean on. It will be interesting to see what kid of heat the chancellor is getting from alums.

I'm guessing none.

Titty Meat
05-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Lew is innocent cuz other schools are trying to learn rom his mistakes.

Saulbadguy
05-30-2010, 10:39 PM
http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010-05-30/details_of_alleged_blackmail_surface

LAWRENCE —- The alleged blackmail of Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins followed months of correspondence between he and a former Kansas Athletics employee who accused Perkins of accepting $35,000 of exercise equipment in exchange for securing premium men's basketball tickets for the equipment company's owners.

E-mails and letters obtained by The Topeka Capital-Journal show the employee, William Dent, threatened to go public with the ticket-equipment swap allegations if he wasn't paid for what he says was the cost of storing the equipment.

Perkins appeared open to paying Dent in April.

In an April 13 e-mail to Dent, Perkins attorney Stephen McAllister wrote: "Mr. Perkins' willingness to purchase these items from you, and his willingness to engage in any further negotiations about this matter, will terminate if you disseminate any statements or information about this private matter to anyone" including the media.

McAllister, who also serves as Kansas solicitor general, said Sunday that at the time of that e-mail, Perkins believed Dent owned the equipment.

Dent responded to McAllister that he wouldn't release the information right away. But two days later, on April 15, Dent wrote again to McAllister, "I no longer have the luxury of patience." He then outlined his allegations about the exercise equipment, as well as other allegations surrounding the high school eligibility of former and current KU basketball stars and about the disregarding of university drug policy for athletes.

Dent wrote that he relayed these allegations to McAllister "in another attempt to motivate Mr. Perkins to resolve this issue by 6 p.m. Pacific today."

"As I have felt during this entire process I would like to keep this a 'private' matter," Dent wrote on April 15. "However, I am prepared to follow threw (sic) and make these issues public."

A day later, on April 16, Perkins filed a report with the Lawrence Police Department saying he was blackmailed. LPD hasn't confirmed the name of the suspect but did say the department was investigating a former employee with sports rehabilitation and that the matter involved sports rehabilitation equipment on loan to Perkins. Dent says he has been contacted by the police and expects to be charged.

McAllister said he would let the police investigation run its course before delving into details. One owner of the exercise equipment company on Sunday said the equipment was at most $15,000 in price and wasn't intended as a gift. Rather, it was to aid Perkins' physical therapy. When the equipment company filed for bankruptcy, efforts to retrieve the equipment fell by the wayside, he said.

While Perkins' police report states the blackmail occurred from Sept. 15, 2009, to April 15, 2010, the story, according to Dent, began back in 2005.

Equipment for tickets?

Some time in early 2005, Dent says he helped install in Perkins' basement personal exercise equipment worth $35,000. The equipment was from a company called Medical Outfitters. Co-owner Mark Glass said the cost was actually closer to $15,000. He said he did it to help Perkins do physical therapy out of his home.

"I was very clear at the time that I expected nothing nor did I want any special treatment for it," Glass told The Capital-Journal on Sunday.

Dent said Perkins instructed him to take care of the guys from Medical Outfitters.

Later that year, Glass and Patrick Carpenter, another co-owner of Medical Outfitters, appeared at a select-a-seat event at Allen Fieldhouse where they met Perkins' son-in-law, Brandon MacNeill, who then worked for Kansas Athletics. Glass and Carpenter weren't Williams Fund members but had been purchasing seats through an associate who was a member. They told Dent they were $5,000-per-year donors, which made them relatively small donors. MacNeill called Perkins, according to Dent, then got off the phone and declared, "the sky's (sic) have opened."

Glass and Carpenter were then led to section six at Allen Fieldhouse, which is at midcourt in the second section back. These weren't tickets to which $5,000 donors should have had access, Dent said.

"Not even close," Dent said.

Glass remembers it differently. He said they went to the fieldhouse and were given two options of seats. They chose the option that had four seats together.

"Never, not ever did we ask Lew to do anything," Glass said.

'None of it is mine'

In 2007, Dent resigned from KU after being charged with six crimes, including felony aggravated assault as a result of a domestic incident involving his then-wife and another man. Dent was never convicted and entered a two-year diversion program that ended in January.

In March 2009, Dent began e-mailing Perkins' staff seeking a time to come pick up the equipment. Dent said he had told Perkins to either buy the equipment from Medical Outfitters, which was going out of business, or return it. Nicole Corcoran, Perkins' chief of staff, set a pick-up appointment with Dent for late April.

Meanwhile, Dent was forwarding the correspondence to The Capital-Journal. In an April 24, 2009, e-mail, Dent wrote to a reporter he was set to pick up the equipment from Perkins' home the following Monday or Tuesday.

"I'm still amazed he's giving me this stuff," Dent wrote of Perkins. "He knows none of it is mine."

McAllister denies that claim. On Sunday, he said Dent always implied he owned the equipment. It was only after the police report was later filed that McAllister and Perkins learned Dent wasn't the proper owner. Asked why Perkins thought Dent owned the equipment since it was given and installed by Medical Outfitters, McAllister said, "There are reasons, but I'm not going to get into specifics."

Dent says he picked up the equipment as planned.

Going public

The tension thickened over the coming months.

In a Sept. 26, 2009, letter to McAllister, Dent wrote he was attempting "to get closure on a 'gentleman's agreement' regarding approximately $35,000 of physical therapy and fitness equipment" delivered to Perkins' home.

In an April 12, 2010, e-mail to McAllister, Dent was laying down deadlines — "a reply from you and/or Mr. Perkins by COB (5 p.m. Pacific) is necessary to resolve this very important issue."

McAllister responded three hours later saying he hadn't talked to Perkins yet. Dent wrote back that night that Perkins would face questions regarding the issue the next day at the Dole Institute of Politics where Perkins was scheduled to speak.

The next morning, on April 13, McAllister e-mailed back saying Perkins had agreed to purchase some of the equipment under certain conditions — including a requirement that Dent not question Perkins at the public event that night and that Dent not go to the media.

"If this matter is raised at the Dole Institute tonight, Mr. Perkins' good faith willingness to try to resolve this matter privately between the two of you will terminate, and no further discussions or negotiations will take place," McAllister wrote.

Dent agreed to wait until April 19. Instead, on April 15, he e-mailed McAllister his plan to divulge damaging information regarding the high school eligibility of three current and former Kansas basketball players. He also said there would be information about unethical practices in the Kansas Athletics substance abuse program and about the physical therapy equipment.

The response was swift. That same day, Dent received a certified letter from McAllister stating Perkins would have no further communication with Dent and warning him Perkins had contacted law enforcement and stating that blackmail is a felony under Kansas law.

The letter also read, in part: "(Perkins) is aware of evidence you do not own the equipment. Further, your own communications acknowledge and concede that you have no legal ground on which to seek money from Mr. Perkins, even if you actually owned the equipment."

Soon after, Dent received an e-mail from the Lawrence Police Department, and on April 16 Perkins filed a report with the department.

'No impropriety'

Dent isn't sure who, technically, is supposed to own the equipment, although it currently rests in a storage facility in Topeka rented by Dent. He said Perkins told him he could have it, but Dent, who filed for bankruptcy in 2008, lives in California, has no use for the equipment and says his initial plan was to donate it to Haskell University. However, he wasn't able to do that because he can't prove he owns it.

He wants Perkins to compensate him for the costs of retrieving and storing it. Although Dent initially asked for $35,000 for the equipment, he says now he would settle for moving and storage costs, which are running him $400 per month.

McAllister said he wouldn't argue with Dent through the newspaper. He said Perkins reported the incident when he thought it was the appropriate thing to do.

"It's important for people to remember that Lew is considered and treated as the victim in this situation," McAllister said. "It's important to understand police are not investigating Lew."

Glass, the former co-owner of Medical Outfitters, said the "whole thing was completely transparent and aboveboard. No favors were given, there was no impropriety." He said Dent is attempting to retaliate against Perkins because of how Dent departed from KU.

Dent characterized the situation differently, saying, "Honestly, I'm surprised Lew didn't use his position and long list of lawyers he has at his disposal sooner than he did."

In an e-mail to The Capital-Journal the day Perkins filed the police report, April 16, Dent asked, "So what am I going to do now?"

"Well there is an old saying — 'mess with the bull and you get the horns,'" he wrote. "So I will take my lumps, take responsibility for my actions and persevere."

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 07:35 AM
I think many of you are making much more out of this than it is. I live in California and work with a lot of people who all know I am a KU fan, who gave me a lot of crap when things didn't goour way, and you know how many of them have brought up the ticket scandal? None.

Some of you claim the "where smoke, there's fire" line of reasoning. You do realize this is a FBI and IRS investigation, not an NCAA investigation, don't you? You really think those Federal entities are trying to shield Perkins if he's actually involved? Do you really think Perkins is that powerful? If he is, why in the world do I want that man fired? A man in charge of an athletic department of a state in flyover country with a small population base? Really?

And for the "angry alum" argument, do you really think these people are going to go away when they are offered some token apology and give up their seats to donors who donate less than them? Really? You don't think there's thousands of donors who will take the apology, in whatever form, and continue to watch the only elite level sports entertainment the state offers? Really? When the most prominent boosters such as Dana Anderson have already voiced their support of Perkins, when they find out Bill Self has an "opt out" clause in his contract if Lew isn't the AD any longer, when they have the most talented freshman coming in since Danny Manning, you really expect us to see donors, en mass, withold their money, sacrifice their seat, and make some stand on "principle"? Really?

What fantasy world do you live in? If Perkins weilds power somewhat akin to the President of the United States, able to fend off the FBI and IRS with mere "suggestions", threaten the former employees somehow to not roll over on him when they are facing disgrace, fines and prison....why in the world do I not want that man running my athletic department? Are you guys nuts?

-HH

Mizzou_8541
05-31-2010, 08:13 AM
I think many of you are making much more out of this than it is. I live in California and work with a lot of people who all know I am a KU fan, who gave me a lot of crap when things didn't goour way, and you know how many of them have brought up the ticket scandal? None.

Some of you claim the "where smoke, there's fire" line of reasoning. You do realize this is a FBI and IRS investigation, not an NCAA investigation, don't you?

-HH

Haha...ok, so the NCAA is going to conduct an investigation WHILE the FBI is conducting an investigation? Absolutely not. If there is an investigation by the NCAA, it will not happen until after the FBI has concluded theirs.

As much as you don't want to admit it, this is going to drag out for a very long time and your beloved community college is going to suffer through continued embarrassment at the very least, NCAA sanctions at the most.

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Haha...ok, so the NCAA is going to conduct an investigation WHILE the FBI is conducting an investigation? Absolutely not. If there is an investigation by the NCAA, it will not happen until after the FBI has concluded theirs.

As much as you don't want to admit it, this is going to drag out for a very long time and your beloved community college is going to suffer through continued embarrassment at the very least, NCAA sanctions at the most.

Ha Ha?

You do realize the point I was making is that a Federal investigation is much LESS likely to be influenced by an AD than the NCAA is, right? That the credibility and thoroughness of a Federal investigation is going to be much more accurate and forthcoming than an NCAA investigation, right? Don't you get it? I don't care how long YOU think its going to be an embarassment. I really don't care what a bunch of kitty and cub fans want to believe. Now, if something more concrete comes forward and shows criminal activity for Lew and the University, I am fine with demanding his job. But, if you think the supposed call to righteousness by Mizzou and Wildcat fans are going to embolden actual KU fans and alumni to sabatoge their own, you're nuts.

-HH

Mizzou_8541
05-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Ha Ha?

You do realize the point I was making is that a Federal investigation is much LESS likely to be influenced by an AD than the NCAA is, right? That the credibility and thoroughness of a Federal investigation is going to be much more accurate and forthcoming than an NCAA investigation, right? Don't you get it? I don't care how long YOU think its going to be an embarassment. I really don't care what a bunch of kitty and cub fans want to believe. Now, if something more concrete comes forward and shows criminal activity for Lew and the University, I am fine with demanding his job. But, if you think the supposed call to righteousness by Mizzou and Wildcat fans are going to embolden actual KU fans and alumni to sabatoge their own, you're nuts.

-HH

And the point I was making was that after the Feds conduct their investigation, that is when the NCAA investigation will begin (if any). Lew Perkins isn't influencing anyone in the NCAA right now (at least about anything with the investigation), so your "point" is moot.

C'mon man, where there is smoke there is fire. You are eventually going to have to come to terms with it.

Saulbadguy
05-31-2010, 08:46 AM

Some of you claim the "where smoke, there's fire" line of reasoning. You do realize this is a FBI and IRS investigation, not an NCAA investigation, don't you? You really think those Federal entities are trying to shield Perkins if he's actually involved? Do you really think Perkins is that powerful? If he is, why in the world do I want that man fired? A man in charge of an athletic department of a state in flyover country with a small population base? Really?

And for the "angry alum" argument, do you really think these people are going to go away when they are offered some token apology and give up their seats to donors who donate less than them? Really? You don't think there's thousands of donors who will take the apology, in whatever form, and continue to watch the only elite level sports entertainment the state offers? Really? When the most prominent boosters such as Dana Anderson have already voiced their support of Perkins, when they find out Bill Self has an "opt out" clause in his contract if Lew isn't the AD any longer, when they have the most talented freshman coming in since Danny Manning, you really expect us to see donors, en mass, withold their money, sacrifice their seat, and make some stand on "principle"? Really?

What fantasy world do you live in? If Perkins weilds power somewhat akin to the President of the United States, able to fend off the FBI and IRS with mere "suggestions", threaten the former employees somehow to not roll over on him when they are facing disgrace, fines and prison....why in the world do I not want that man running my athletic department? Are you guys nuts?

-HH

Oh, man. I've waited for this - the full fledged phogtard "everything is fine" pseudo-meltdown.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Riddle me this. I've heard dozens of pissed off KU donors call into radio stations bitching about getting worse and worse seats each year. Don't you think that these same people contacted Perkins? If an AD gets enough of these calls, he would certainly at least look into why the seats for these donors kept getting worse, right?

It just doesn't pass the smell test.

kstater
05-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Oh, man. I've waited for this - the full fledged phogtard "everything is fine" pseudo-meltdown.

This stuff happens everywhere.

Saulbadguy
05-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Riddle me this. I've heard dozens of pissed off KU donors call into radio stations bitching about getting worse and worse seats each year. Don't you think that these same people contacted Perkins? If an AD gets enough of these calls, he would certainly at least look into why the seats for these donors kept getting worse, right?

Those are just "haters".

ChiTown
05-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Those are just "haters".

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 09:16 AM
And the point I was making was that after the Feds conduct their investigation, that is when the NCAA investigation will begin (if any). Lew Perkins isn't influencing anyone in the NCAA right now (at least about anything with the investigation), so your "point" is moot.

C'mon man, where there is smoke there is fire. You are eventually going to have to come to terms with it.

So, let me get this strait. After the Feds have done their investigation, identified the guilty parties, and are preparing then to proscecute them, the NCAA is going to launch its own investigation into...........what? Its like saying the city of New York is going to launch its own investigation into the WTC bombing after the Feds have already wrapped it up. Really that's your counter point that renders mine moot? Or, are you implying there's a different angle to this the NCAA is going to pursue? Because frankly, your argument makes no sense.

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 09:17 AM

I bet you have been waiting for this, you must be absolutely giddy with excitement!

-HH

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 09:25 AM

I don't know. I mean, if Lew has dozens of letters from these angry fans and did nothing, then yes, he deserves blame. Do you have this proof? Do you not think the Feds investigated this. It just seems asinine to me that the Feds, trying to uncover a sceme from two different angles, wouldn't have sniffed this out.

Here's what I think actually happened. People, who were in a position to control aspects of the program designed a system specifically to fool Perkins and KU for their own financial profit. A system that also managed to fool independent auditors. I think most people simply thought they were being outdonated for their seats, and once the Feds released the findings of the case, yopu now get this retroactive complaints about what they "noticed" and "complained" about.

But, do you have something more than conjecture that these fans complained in such volume that it arose suspicion above people who were simply upset with the original change to the points based system? There's no doubt he ruffled some feathers with it. But, are you just making up your own fantasy scenario here, or are you claiming there is some sort of prood Perkins willfuly (and criminally, I might add) ignored the complaints in order to conceal this scheme?

-HH

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 09:30 AM
OK, so for proof, we got the "where there's smoke, there's fire" argument and we got the "smell test" argument. Congratualtions, you guys could run a successful lynch mob!

Mizzou_8541
05-31-2010, 09:37 AM
So, let me get this strait. After the Feds have done their investigation, identified the guilty parties, and are preparing then to proscecute them, the NCAA is going to launch its own investigation into...........what? Its like saying the city of New York is going to launch its own investigation into the WTC bombing after the Feds have already wrapped it up. Really that's your counter point that renders mine moot? Or, are you implying there's a different angle to this the NCAA is going to pursue? Because frankly, your argument makes no sense.

You're right. The NCAA could care less about a Federal investigation involving the AD of one of its schools. Your delusion is amusing.

duncan_idaho
05-31-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't know. I mean, if Lew has dozens of letters from these angry fans and did nothing, then yes, he deserves blame. Do you have this proof? Do you not think the Feds investigated this. It just seems asinine to me that the Feds, trying to uncover a sceme from two different angles, wouldn't have sniffed this out.

-HH

This assumes the Feds are done investigating. It's been a week since the Freeman stuff popped. They're likely still investigating that stuff.

We'll see how much the NCAA cares. Yes, there's a chance the NCAA doesn't have anything to deal with. But there's also a chance that Perkins, Self, and the parent of one of the players get linked to this scandal.

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 10:29 AM
You're right. The NCAA could care less about a Federal investigation involving the AD of one of its schools. Your delusion is amusing.

Really? Your sense of overkill is what is delusional. You really believe the NCAA is going to say, "You know, I just don't know if the FBI and IRS are competent enough to conduct a thorough investigation. Let's throw our limited resources an attempt to solve a case they already say they solved." Yes, I'm the delusional one. They (FBI/IRS) already said Perkins and KU were the victims, not the NCAA, so why would the NCAA care? Like I already stated, if you are hinting they will investigate something else, that might happen, but its not this ticket scandal.

Mr. Plow
05-31-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm sure this is the end of KU.

Pants
05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
This assumes the Feds are done investigating. It's been a week since the Freeman stuff popped. They're likely still investigating that stuff.

We'll see how much the NCAA cares. Yes, there's a chance the NCAA doesn't have anything to deal with. But there's also a chance that Perkins, Self, and the parent of one of the players get linked to this scandal.

What exactly is the NCAA going to care about? What kind of competitive advantage does the scalping of tickets provide to KU? Jesus fucking Christ.

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 10:39 AM

When I see the evidence for it, I'll comment on that, as of now, all I see are people transferring one scenario as "connected" to another with little more than conjecture to back it up. I'm not against an investigation, but people demanding Lew be fired over the tickets at this point really don't have much justification or reasonable expectations.

-HH

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 10:51 AM
What exactly is the NCAA going to care about? What kind of competitive advantage does the scalping of tickets provide to KU? Jesus ****ing Christ.

It's akin to paying players or, at least, paying for access to players.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Really? Your sense of overkill is what is delusional. You really believe the NCAA is going to say, "You know, I just don't know if the FBI and IRS are competent enough to conduct a thorough investigation. Let's throw our limited resources an attempt to solve a case they already say they solved." Yes, I'm the delusional one. They (FBI/IRS) already said Perkins and KU were the victims, not the NCAA, so why would the NCAA care? Like I already stated, if you are hinting they will investigate something else, that might happen, but its not this ticket scandal.

The FBI and IRS don't care if tickets were given to ticket brokers. They care if the people who received the tickets claimed them as income and paid taxes on them. It's a completely different issue. Some of those involved are under a criminal investigation. Lew Perkins isn't being accused of doing anything criminal. He is almost certainly guilty, in my estimation, of breaking NCAA rules.

More to the point, though, look at the Michael Vick situation. He was investigated criminally. After this was done, the NFL did their own investigation in order to mete out their own punishment.

Pants
05-31-2010, 10:59 AM
It's akin to paying players or, at least, paying for access to players.

Umm, no it's not. :spock:

Saulbadguy
05-31-2010, 11:01 AM

Didn't Brady Morningstar "walk-on" his first year?

Saulbadguy
05-31-2010, 11:09 AM
I bet you have been waiting for this, you must be absolutely giddy with excitement!

-HH

It's been a fun and hilarious year. Last year, the phog-tard nation was giddy about K-State's so-called "disaster" and how our athletic program was in shambles, and how we would fail to be competitive with Kansas.

The 2009-2010 athletic season just ended for Kansas - Big XII preseason #2 fails to make the NCAA tournament in baseball, basketball fails to make it past the 2nd round, and football....lol.

Mizzou_8541
05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
It's been a fun and hilarious year. Last year, the phog-tard nation was giddy about K-State's so-called "disaster" and how our athletic program was in shambles, and how we would fail to be competitive with Kansas.

The 2009-2010 athletic season just ended for Kansas - Big XII preseason #2 fails to make the NCAA tournament in baseball, basketball fails to make it past the 2nd round, and football....lol.

History Awaits!

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm guessing none.

So tell me, on what you have based this opinion?

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 11:39 AM

These AAU coaches get hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of KU tickets, and the players they coach have been going to KU. This absolutely smacks of paying for players.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 11:41 AM
I live in California and work with a lot of people who all know I am a KU fan, who gave me a lot of crap when things didn't goour way, and you know how many of them have brought up the ticket scandal? None.

People in California don't care about KU? Well, color me surprised.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 11:46 AM
And for the "angry alum" argument, do you really think these people are going to go away when they are offered some token apology and give up their seats to donors who donate less than them? Really? You don't think there's thousands of donors who will take the apology, in whatever form, and continue to watch the only elite level sports entertainment the state offers? Really? When the most prominent boosters such as Dana Anderson have already voiced their support of Perkins,

Dana Anderson doesn't give one good damn about other donors. He wasn't moved. And if he was he went center court floor.

Pants
05-31-2010, 11:52 AM
These AAU coaches get hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of KU tickets, and the players they coach have been going to KU. This absolutely smacks of paying for players.

What AAU coaches got hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of KU tickets? Are you not understanding what ticket scalping entails?

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Dana Anderson doesn't give one good damn about other donors. He wasn't moved. And if he was he went center court floor.

Yeah, but donors are like clicks, everyone wants to be close to the cool (rich) kids on the campus. Wanna place a bet on our competing scenarios? I'm willing to wager Allen Fieldhouse stays full and KU remains in the upper echelon on revenue generators. I'm willing to bet that after the initial shock, most donors will reup for their seats. Sure, there will be the one or two donors who will get their fluff piece in the paper on their "stand", but the great majority will accept the apology and move on. Go ahead, tell me how your donor boycot is really gonna work out.

ROYC75
05-31-2010, 01:30 PM

Well, this AAU coach and the others here in KY didn't get any of that, I got left out.

Some of you are making more of this that what it is. It happens at most universities across the country.

Reason many major universities are looking into their own programs to police things themselves before something pops up.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, but donors are like clicks, everyone wants to be close to the cool (rich) kids on the campus. Wanna place a bet on our competing scenarios? I'm willing to wager Allen Fieldhouse stays full and KU remains in the upper echelon on revenue generators. I'm willing to bet that after the initial shock, most donors will reup for their seats. Sure, there will be the one or two donors who will get their fluff piece in the paper on their "stand", but the great majority will accept the apology and move on. Go ahead, tell me how your donor boycot is really gonna work out.

1) I never said there would be declining attendance.

2) I never said KU would be/not be a high revenue generator.

3) Never said donors will not re-up. Nor would there be a boycott.

Feel free to go back and read it again.

I'm not sure what you read, but I never said anything about those three phantoms you threw out there.

You seem to think Lew will survive in his current role. I don't think his chances are that great. But, he's a shark so betting against him is a difficult proposition.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, this AAU coach and the others here in KY didn't get any of that, I got left out.

Some of you are making more of this that what it is. It happens at most universities across the country.

Reason many major universities are looking into their own programs to police things themselves before something pops up.

LMAO

sedated
05-31-2010, 04:00 PM
So tell me, on what you have based this opinion?

the facts, as I have seen them so far.

you people can get into an anti-KU circle-jerk all you want, but nothing serious is going to come from this embezzlement.

the only people who see it as a black eye on the KU program, are the people who get wet dreams about KU getting black eyes.

OnTheWarpath15
05-31-2010, 04:09 PM

you people can get into an anti-KU circle-jerk all you want, but nothing serious is going to come from this embezzlement.

the only people who see it as a black eye on the KU program, are the people who get wet dreams about KU getting black eyes.

Yeah, nothing serious usually comes from millions of dollars worth of embezzlement from a NCAA Athletic Department.

Especially when the "independent investigators" are all KU alum.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 04:26 PM

Crybaby drunks like you should probably go to bed.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 04:33 PM
I take that last post back. It was a shitty thing to say.

I take full responsibility for posting it though.

ROYC75
05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
LMAO

Good Grief William, it was just a joke, I'm only working with 5th graders, they have a ways to go.:rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
I take that last post back. It was a shitty thing to say.

I take full responsibility for posting it though.

Except for the personal attack.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Except for the personal attack.

Oh, I take full responsibility for the personal attack. It's the black eyes from the circle jerk that aren't my fault. LMAO

Tactical Funky
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah, nothing serious usually comes from millions of dollars worth of embezzlement from a NCAA Athletic Department.

Especially when the "independent investigators" are all KU alum.
The only serious stuff will happen to the embezzlers themselves, i.e., those who took money from KU. There will be no NCAA sanctions of any kind since this is an internal criminal matter.

Glad I could be of assistance in your understanding of the situation. :thumb:

Bambi
05-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Haha, KU rules this area and that's all there is too it.

Want proof? Look at all the hostility.

Bring on NDSU!

Bambi
05-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Poor KU. This couldn't happen to a better fan base.

win something... anything!