PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's beat this horse dead. Bowe was "Misquoted"

KCrockaholic
05-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Chiefs' Dwayne Bowe Claims He Was Misquoted, ESPN Has Audio
by Joel Thorman on May 27, 2010 2:08 PM CDT in 2010 Kansas City Chiefs Season 0 comments

For the first time, Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe addressed the comments attributed to him in last week's edition of ESPN the Magazine.

Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star has the entire transcript of Bowe's exchange with reporters. You can read it at the Star's website. Here's the misquoted part:

Reporter: But you were misquoted?

Bowe: "Definitely it was misquoted."

Reporter: So how was it taken out of context?

Bowe: "The way he took it was totally not the way that I said it. It's over now."

Maybe the meaning of Bowe's words were twisted but, according to The Pitch who spoke with ESPN the Magazine's editor, Gary Belsky, there is audio of what he said.

"We have no reason not to believe it," Belsky says. "He was being honest. Players are honest with us and they know that we will deal with them fairly. We quoted him at length. We didn't cut out anything that was significant or that would have changed the nature of the comments."

Bowe says he can't remember if he actually spoke to the writer of the article or not.

Bowe went on to deny that anything like that happens on the road. He said his teammates were OK with him.

He was also asked about his conversation with Todd Haley.

"He just said, ‘D-Bowe, you know what you've got to do. This is not your first time getting into something. Get yourself out, do the right thing.' I apologize to the (Hunts), my teammates and the guys I put in a bind."

Thanks to Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star for transcribing all of it.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/5/27/1490322/chiefs-dwayne-bowe-claims-he-was#storyjump

KCrockaholic
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Did stuff like that happen on the road?

"Definitely not. Definitely not. We won that game, so if that would’ve happened, we definitely would’ve lost."

I love this quote LMAO

seclark
what did bowe say that was misquoted?
sec

DMAC
He better buy the team a round of BJ's.

KCrockaholic
05-27-2010, 01:22 PM
He wouldn't say. ESPN has an audio recording of the interview that they have not released yet I guess.

Dante84
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
This whole thing is payback for Eddie Kennison taping him to the goal post and dumping gatorade on him on hard knocks.

Payback's a bitch. Mess with the bull, get the horns. I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

the Talking Can
05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
bowe is one dumb mofo

KCUnited
05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Fitting thread title.

DaWolf
05-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I have a feeling that he meant to say "taken out of context" but used the term "misquoted" to express that idea. He ought to know that ESPN is saying they have a tape of the convo, so he probably should stop using the term "misquoted", otherwise he'll have to have another press conference explaining that he was misquoted about being misquoted.

He would have been better off saying he made some comments thinking he was being funny and embellished/exaggerated some things, and he's sorry and will be moving on. The misquoted card, not a good tactic...

Chiefnj2
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Bowe just might be the dumbest player on the team. I like the part where he says he didn't speak to any former players, and then in the next sentence says he spoke with Kennison.

Can you address your comments to the magazine?

I’m going to say it one time and one time only: I apologize to the organization, the team, those guys who I put in a bind. My words was misunderstood and baseless and were said without malice. Everybody who know Dwayne Bowe know my personality, knows I’m a jokester, knows I like to have fun and stuff like that. Now, it taught me I got to take things serious and think before you talk because words can get you in trouble. I’m all about football now. That’s over. That chapter is closed. I’m doing great in football right now, and that’s all I’m looking forward to.

What did you mean to say?

That chapter is closed. It shouldn’t have even been a topic. My words are my words, and it was misunderstood. That’s all I was going to say about that.

But you were misquoted?

Definitely it was misquoted.

That’s not exactly how it took place?

Definitely not, but I’m not going to go back into that. The chapter was open, and now I’ve closed it, and that’s all I’m going to say about it.

So how was it taken out of context?

The way he took it was totally not the way that I said it. It’s over now.

Did stuff like that happen on the road?

Definitely not. Definitely not. We won that game, so if that would’ve happened, we definitely would’ve lost.

What’s been the reaction of your teammates?

They know that’s not my personality. And when they heard it, they were like, ‘D-Bowe.’ They were like, ‘OK.’ They all had my back, they all told me to hang in there. People take things for granted. People misuse stuff and misunderstand things. It fell on me this time. Now, my head is straight on football, so that’s all I’m going to.

Have you heard from ex-teammates?

No, because they know it was a misunderstanding.

Which teammates did you talk to?

I talked to a few guys. I talked to Eddie Kennison about it. He was like, ‘D-Bowe, you’ve just got to be careful.’ And I said, ‘I’m still growing. My personality is still the same.’

What about the actual interview? Did you actually talk to the guy?

I really can’t remember, man. That’s why I’m still stuck in a daze.

Did this take place a while ago?

I don’t even want to go back into that, man, to tell you the truth. It’s all over.

Have you spoken to anyone about being misquoted? Confronted anyone?

No, I just kind of left it alone. I’m just worried about football. Coach says I’m doing well, to see him on my side, that’s all I can ever want.

If you’re misquoted, why not go after them?

It’s just going to open up another can, so I just figured let it die down and squash it here and say I’m embarrassed that it got out, that it was misquoted, misunderstood and just go forward.

If you don’t remember the conversation, how do you know you were misquoted?

I’m just not going to go back into that. I’m all football now. If you want to talk about football, I’m open to any football questions. Did you guys watch me out there today? You can’t look back to yesterday.

Was your relationship with your teammates damaged?

Not at all. The guys embrace me. They say they know that’s not your character and just go forward.

What was the message from Todd Haley?

He just said, ‘D-Bowe, you know what you’ve got to do. This is not your first time getting into something. Get yourself out, do the right thing.’ I apologize to the (Hunts), my teammates and the guys I put in a bind.

Could this be the last straw for you?

You know what, I’m not even worried about anything negative. I’m all positive, football-wise. I’m worried about today.

DJ's left nut
05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
bowe is one dumb mofo

Yeah, I'd say that about covers it.

I don't mean that as a perjorative, either. It's like saying "Adriana Lima is Hot", "Tom Cruise is short" and "Rosie O'Donnel is fat." These are not insults, they're just self-evident.

Grass is green, Dwayne Bowe is dumb. Really really really dumb.

Chiefnj2
05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
"My words was misunderstood and baseless and were said without malice."

Bowe must have stayed up all night watching Law & Order to come up with that line. He wrote down random words from the DA's opening statement and memorized them.

DJ's left nut
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
And BTW, the best part of that is

"If you don't remember if you had the conversation, how do you know you were misquoted"....

That's what we call an 'oh shit' moment.

DeezNutz
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Bowe demonstrates an impressive level of stupidity.

Rain Man
05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
what did bowe say that was misquoted?
sec

The part about being misquoted.

Omaha
05-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Wow. I like Bowe, but he really comes off like a stupid, liar, douche in that interview. In my eyes, this interview is far worse than the original.

KCUnited
05-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Jesus, Wright just played the audio and he doesn't say 'apologize to the Hunts'. He says apologize to the 'Clarks'. No joke. This guys a clown.

Omaha
05-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Jesus, Wright just played the audio and he doesn't say 'apologize to the Hunts'. He says apologize to the 'Clarks'. No joke. This guys a clown.

ROFLROFLROFL

AZChief
05-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Louisiana State University's English Department ought to be very, very proud of this scholar.

Hammock Parties
05-27-2010, 04:44 PM
He's an idiot. It's ESPN the freaking magazine. They wouldn't try to fabricate something like that.

HMc
05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
TBH, I couldn't see what was wrong with the original interview.

This one, though, this makes the organisation look even worse IMO. At least he was being honest in the first one. This one is one long lie, and probably the worst put-together lie in the history of the universe

HMc
05-27-2010, 04:55 PM
WHat's the bet that the audio tape is even more incriminating than the original interview?

chefsos
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
LMAO

"I really can’t remember, man. That’s why I’m still stuck in a daze."

Is that a line from a song or something? Because if it's not, someone needs to write that fuckin' song ASAP.

LMAO

!!

kstater
05-27-2010, 05:30 PM
It took him a week to come up with this?