PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb: Chiefs’ Dorsey may find himself moving on the line

Tribal Warfare
05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Chiefs’ Dorsey may find himself moving on the line (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/27/1976248/chiefs-dorsey-may-find-himself.html)
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Whatever the Chiefs have in their plans for Glenn Dorsey, the third-year defensive lineman is up for it.

Dorsey, the fifth overall draft pick in 2008, was a defensive tackle in the 4-3 scheme his rookie year. Last year, the Chiefs moved him to defensive end in a 3-4, a position and scheme Dorsey had never experienced. And it wasn’t always pretty watching him adjust to the new assignment. After an offseason that didn’t involve much discipline, Dorsey was made to lose about 50 pounds.

Now, as the Chiefs advance in their offseason practices, it’s not impossible that Dorsey could move again — this time to nose tackle or some combination of playing inside and outside.

“I want to win,” Dorsey said this week. “I’ve been here two years, and it’s been two tough years. Whatever they want me to do to help us win, I’m with it.”

Dorsey hasn’t practiced at nose tackle during the practice sessions that reporters have attended, but coach Todd Haley said that Dorsey is a “potentially versatile” player on the line. Dorsey said another transition wouldn’t be as difficult as the one he endured last year, saying that he wouldn’t have to gain weight or learn his place within a new scheme. He said nose tackle is similar enough to defensive tackle, which he played at LSU and in his rookie season with the Chiefs, that he’s confident he could play inside if called upon.

“The techniques don’t change,” he said. “It’s really not that much of a difference.”

Not everyone agrees. Wallace Gilberry, an end who has become known for his versatility within the Chiefs’ system, said that such a move would be jarring for any player — but that, on this team, players have to be open-minded when coaches begin tinkering with position assignments.

“It may look simple, but it’s not that simple,” Gilberry said. “There’s a lot going on. It’s all about training your eyes, training your hands, training your feet.

“If it was that easy, we could pull somebody off the street and have him do it. It’s definitely not that easy.”

The idea of moving Dorsey again is a nod to the lineman’s athleticism, but it also could be an acknowledgement that the Chiefs are looking for an upgrade at nose tackle. Veteran Ron Edwards started 14 games last season, and he’s expected to begin the season as the starter. The Chiefs signed free-agent lineman Shaun Smith, but they didn’t select a nose tackle in the draft. General manager Scott Pioli said before the draft that the team had considered experimenting with Dorsey at nose tackle.

The Chiefs also have a new defensive-line coach, former NFL lineman Anthony Pleasant, who replaced Tim Krumrie. Dorsey said it’s just the latest adjustment that he’s experienced in his two-plus seasons — nothing he’s not used to by now.

“This is our job,” Dorsey said. “This is what we do.”

Haley said that, for now, Dorsey’s focus is on reaching his conditioning target, something he didn’t do last season until the team was well into training camp. While his teammates practiced, Dorsey remained on the sidelines, often on a stationary bike or performing unusual conditioning tasks. Haley said that Dorsey is “light years” ahead of where he was at the same time last year.

“He’s continuing to work to get into the condition that he needs to be in, and that would be the same, whichever spot he’s playing,” Haley said. “He’s got enough bulk and size to do either.”

Dorsey said he remembered the extra work and embarrassment of last year, and he kept it in his mind throughout this offseason. When he returned home to his native Louisiana, he often called Chiefs end Tyson Jackson, who lives in the same Baton Rouge apartment complex as Dorsey, to join him for early-morning workouts.

“I just didn’t want to set myself back like I did last year,” he said. “That was in the back of my mind the whole time.

“We’d get up early and just go work out. It works out real good.”

Dorsey said he possesses the ability and willingness to play any line position, and he added that all it takes to make yet another move is for the Chiefs to ask.

“Wherever they want me, I’m going to play,” he said. “If they want me to play end, I’m going to get used to playing lighter. If they want me to play nose, I’ll do that, too.

“The more reps I get, the better off I’ll be.”

Ebolapox
05-27-2010, 11:21 PM
has ANY of this shit been substantiated? until then, it's pure retarded bullshit.

CrazyPhuD
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Dorsey said he possesses the ability and willingness to play any line position, and he added that all it takes to make yet another move is for the Chiefs to ask.

“Wherever they want me, I’m going to play,”

Say hello to Glen Dorsey our new RT!!!

Ebolapox
05-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Say hello to Glen Dorsey our new RT!!!

ROFL

I lolled.

BossChief
05-28-2010, 01:50 AM
“The more reps I get, the better off I’ll be.”

I would have never though Glenn Dorsey was a rep whore...(bad joke pity laughs are appreciated)

big nasty kcnut
05-28-2010, 01:54 AM
I would have never though Glenn Dorsey was a rep whore...(bad joke pity laughs are appreciated)

lol

Fritz88
05-28-2010, 04:41 AM

lol

ForeverChiefs58
05-28-2010, 07:37 AM
If only there was a way that this team could have known we needed a nose tackle. Hmmm.

Sofa King
05-28-2010, 07:53 AM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRVz8mtwNtE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRVz8mtwNtE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

milkman
05-29-2010, 06:21 AM

Pity laugh?

Pity laugh?

Are fucking high?

That joke was so fucking sad it would make Dane Cook cry.

You'll get no fucking pity laugh from me, you useless little sorryass wannabe comedian.

jspchief
05-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Good to see we are taking what was potentially the best defensive draft pick of the last 20 years for the Chiefs, and f'ing it up by making him do 3 different things in as many years.

Bane
05-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Whatever they want me to do to help us win, I’m with it.”

Gotta love the attitude,but it would be nice to see the kid get settled in at a position.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
05-29-2010, 10:11 AM
he is putting the chiefs in the bent over position, with his lack of production

OnTheWarpath15
05-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Good to see we are taking what was potentially the best defensive draft pick of the last 20 years for the Chiefs, and f'ing it up by making him do 3 different things in as many years.

Next year: ILB.

jspchief
05-29-2010, 10:45 AM
How often do we hear about how it takes a rookie DT a few years to adapt to the NFL? How long does it take when you do this to him?

Maybe he'll get it figured out about the time he needs a new contract.

Demonpenz
05-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Warren Sapp had 13 sacks his first year.

Mr. Laz
05-29-2010, 11:25 AM
until he actually moves everyone just needs to STFU

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Pity laugh?

Pity laugh?

Are fucking high?

You'll get no fucking pity laugh from me, you useless little sorryass wannabe comedian.

The Chiefs also have a new defensive-line coach, former NFL lineman Anthony Pleasant, who replaced Tim Krumrie.

Boy; talk about a 180.

(Better, MM???:D)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 04:00 PM
God; could Babb possibly BE more of a fucking idiot?

Pasta Little Brioni
05-29-2010, 04:09 PM

Exactly. Yes, he is verstatile enough to play nose, but it doesn't mean they will do it.

OnTheWarpath15
05-29-2010, 04:11 PM

I can only assume you mean ANOTHER move other than the ORIGINAL move from his natural position to 5-technique.

Then sure, let's wait for the Hat Trick in silence.

BossChief
05-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Pity laugh?

Pity laugh?

Are fucking high?

You'll get no fucking pity laugh from me, you useless little sorryass wannabe comedian.Is the Hulk holding a 40 in your sig pic? It sure isnt milk...

Psyko Tek
05-29-2010, 11:08 PM
so anybody we drafted from LSU worth a shit?

ANYBODY AT ALL FROM LSU WORTH A SHIT?

|Zach|
05-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Whatever the hell happens, hope it works.

LaChapelle
05-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Chiefs’ Dorsey may find himself moving on the line (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/27/1976248/chiefs-dorsey-may-find-himself.html)

Dorsey said he remembered the extra work and embarrassment of last year, and he kept it in his mind throughout this offseason. When he returned home to his native Louisiana, he often called Chiefs end Tyson Jackson, who lives in the same Baton Rouge apartment complex as Dorsey, to join him for early-morning workouts.

WTF are two multimillionaires doing living in a fucking apartment complex?

Easy 6
05-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Apartment complex?

Is the economy that bad? even for multi-millionaires?

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Exactly. Yes, he is verstatile enough to play nose, but it doesn't mean they will do it.

I can't help but wonder if people heard he might play some nose and then jumped to conclusions.

Romeo likes to run different looks, which means there might be some 4-3 mixed in. When they say Dorsey might play nose, isn't it possible they're talking about a 4-3 nose, which is more like what he played under Gunther and at LSU?

LaChapelle
05-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I left an apartment building to move in to a trailer park
I'd rather wake to the neighbor brat throwing a baseball at the ass of the trailer
then taking a shit and hearing the neighbor beating off in the shower through the vent

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I left an apartment building to move in to a trailer park
I'd rather wake to the neighbor brat throwing a baseball at the ass of the trailer
then taking a shit and hearing the neighbor beating off in the shower through the vent

ROFL

Marcellus
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I can only assume you mean ANOTHER move other than the ORIGINAL move from his natural position to 5-technique.

Then sure, let's wait for the Hat Trick in silence.

Good point. You are going to bitch up a storm regardless so why wait. If he doesn't move to NT you will bitch about the switch to DE, if does play some NT you will bitch about that.

What's the difference right?

OnTheWarpath15
06-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Good point. You are going to bitch up a storm regardless so why wait. If he doesn't move to NT you will bitch about the switch to DE, if does play some NT you will bitch about that.

What's the difference right?

Or you could just follow me around and bitch about me making legit points.

Of course, you're taking the high road and turning a blind eye that one of the best DL prospects to come out in years was mis-used his first two years, and there is talk about it happening again - three times in three years.

But you have to take that high road, because then you can't bitch about me bringing it up. Noticed you didn't say a THING to jspchief, who said basically the same fucking thing - twice - before I made the comment I quoted.

But thanks for the attention, it's always nice to know someone follows your work. Or is stalking you, depending on your definition. My definition is that you following me around is fucking creepy.

Marcellus
06-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Or you could just follow me around and bitch about me making legit points.

Of course, you're taking the high road and turning a blind eye that one of the best DL prospects to come out in years was mis-used his first two years, and there is talk about it happening again - three times in three years.

But you have to take that high road, because then you can't bitch about me bringing it up.

But thanks for the attention, it's always nice to know someone follows your work. Or is stalking you, depending on your definition.

Lol. When was the last time I gave you a hard time about your constant whining? Hell I was curious and have gone back at least a month in my post and the only thing I found was an answer to your question about good restaurants in KC.

Get your panties out of your crack.

OnTheWarpath15
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Lol. When was the last time I gave you a hard time about your constant whining? Hell I was curious and have gone back at least a month in my post and the only thing I found was an answer to your question about good restaurants in KC.

Get your panties out of your crack.

I'm actually going commando today, thanks.

Creepy fuck. And nice work ignoring the rest of the post, you know, that part you really have no defense for.

Have a nice day.

Marcellus
06-02-2010, 12:05 PM

Creepy ****. And nice work ignoring the rest of the post, you know, that part you really have no defense for.

Have a nice day.

If you found that comment creepy I don't know what to say. Not quite a comment I made up on the fly.

Ignore what point? You made a real point in your post? That Dorsey has had to change positions once so it could happen again because this staff moved him before from his natural position?

Thank you Cpt. Obvious. Nobody else could have figured that out. You made an awesome point. One that was actually made in the article in the OP.

alpha_omega
06-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Apartment complex?

Is the economy that bad? even for multi-millionaires?

WTF are two multimillionaires doing living in a fucking apartment complex?

It probably ain't the President Gardens Apts (or something like that).

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2010, 01:52 PM

Creepy fuck. And nice work ignoring the rest of the post, you know, that part you really have no defense for.

Have a nice day.

LMAO