PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Quinton Lawrence

ChiefGator
05-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Listening to Haley's presser yesterday he said Quinton couldn't practice and played with something all last year.

I can't seem to find that... anyone know what he is talking about?

KCUnited
05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
It's in an article around here. I believe Haley said he had a shoulder that they didn't know the severity of.

KCUnited
05-28-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-Thursday-OTA-Report/956854ca-c8bc-4174-b7ec-cfc2130262e9

The cast of rehab zone players consisted of the same crew as Monday’s OTA. The name at the top of that list, Quinten Lawrence, got some play today from head coach Todd Haley.

A sixth-round pick a year ago, Lawrence bided his time back and forth between the practice squad and active roster in 2009. Being both a young and inexperienced player competing amongst a large pool of position players, it’s easy to assume that Lawrence needs to be on the practice field every day in order to make this team. Haley, however, warned people this afternoon about jumping to that conclusion when it comes to Lawrence.

“It’s always a setback when you’re not out there, but I think this kid has showed a lot of toughness, because (the injury) was something that he dealt with throughout the course of the year that we didn’t really realize was quite what it was,” Haley said. “That impressed me, number one, because we couldn’t get him off of the practice field. He wanted to be out there and he wanted to compete.”

The injury that Haley references involves Lawrence’s shoulder. Lawrence has yet to take part in any OTAs.

“Missing time hurts, but he’s been working his butt of in the weight room,” Haley said. “Sometimes what you think is a setback might be a positive, because he’s been able to spend so much extra time working on specific parts of his body, which I think will really help him once he gets going.

“He’s right on schedule,” Haley continued. “I’m excited about him being back.”

xztop12
05-28-2010, 10:40 AM
no idea, could be anything man. i banged my knee on my door and couldnt lift for 3-4 days... football is nuts.

i dont know what he'll do for us with arenas and mccluster but i like the kid

Mr. Laz
05-28-2010, 10:52 AM
apparently he had the shoulder injury all last year but didn't tell the team

ModSocks
05-28-2010, 11:17 AM
no idea, could be anything man. i banged my knee on my door and couldnt lift for 3-4 days... football is nuts.

i dont know what he'll do for us with arenas and mccluster but i like the kid

Hopefully he can be the other slot receiver so we don't have to see Urban on the field. God knows we need all the speed we can get.

McCluster+Charles+Lawrence= the ability to stretch the field.....finally.

talastan
05-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Hopefully he can be the other slot receiver so we don't have to see Urban on the field. God knows we need all the speed we can get.

McCluster+Charles+Lawrence= the ability to stretch the field.....finally.

Now if we could couple that with a QB who could stretch the field with his arm that would be cool!! :thumb: :shake: :sulk: