PDA

View Full Version : Life DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE my brother got hit last night

TinyEvel
05-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I got a phone call last night around 9:45 with my brother screaming into my answering machine to pick up.

He just got hit head-on by a driver who crossed the double yellow and rammed into him head-on at God knows what speed. His wife and 11-month old baby were in the car. I could hear her screaming in the background. I was trying to calm him down and he handed the phone to the paramedic who said he needed to stabilize them and hung up.
After an hour I was calling local hospitals and the police station to try to find out which ER they were taken to. He finally called me around midnight. He had a 3-inch gash in the back of his hand and was sore but relatively OK. THe baby checked out OK and was asleep (thank you car seats) but his wife had internal bleeding and went to ICU. SHe had three feet of her small intestine removed but is doing OK so far.

There's no word on the other driver but the probability is, it was a drunk driver. I just wanted to pass on to be careful to all of you and nobody should ever have to get those phone calls -- wives, mothers, spouses, etc. This is pretty traumatizing to our whole family but could have been a LOT worse. I know some of you have been put through worse, too.

If you drink or are with drinkers, don't let anyone drive. It is NOT worth it. Make the decision to not drive early on, find a plan before you get too drunk and think you "can handle it." Be careful.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Glad he's OK. This message can't be repeated often enough.

OnTheWarpath15
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Wearing their seat belts, weren't they? Or were they just in a big-ass truck?

Very seriously though - I'm glad everyone is OK, J - minus the 3 feel of intestine, of course.

Good luck to the three of them in their recoveries.

Lzen
05-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Good to hear they're okay. Prayers for a fast recovery.

Bowser
05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Holy hell. Very happy to hear everyone is ok (minus the surgery for your sis in law). That's got to be the scariest scenario imaginable for a family member wondering where other family members are and how they are. We will send good thoughts your way.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Wow. Hope everyone is gonna be OK. Scary stuff. If a DD hit me and injured my son, I'd hunt that fucker down and beat the living shit out of them.

vailpass
05-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Prayers for your family, thanks for the always appropriate reminder.

teedubya
05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Wow. That sucks epically, bro. Drinking and driving is completely shitty.

Sure-Oz
05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear...

If it makes you feel better, i am one of those with a plan. When i was a bit younger i would drive home after a couple (if i was about 10 min or closer to hom), but after hearing a story i quit that. i usually become the DD by default if the original dd wants to drink after all, just not worth it. Hurting someone or getting arrested etc.

Wishing a speedy recovery.

KCChiefsMan
05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry to hear that, I said a prayer for your brother and his family. I hope that they all get back to 100% and this asshole gets justice.

Rain Man
05-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Hopefully they all make a full and easy recovery.

Any word yet on if it was a drunk driver? It's a reasonable guess, but these days it could just as easily have been someone texting or on a cell phone.

Bwana
05-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Damn dude, I hope everyone turns out to be ok. Shitty deal.....

Bugeater
05-31-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150163

Phobia
05-31-2010, 12:40 PM
How is the car? I'm really worried about his ride.

Bane
05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Wearing their seat belts, weren't they? Or were they just in a big-ass truck?

Very seriously though - I'm glad everyone is OK, J - minus the 3 feel of intestine, of course.

Good luck to the three of them in their recoveries.

I started wearing mine after our lil debate the other day.Yes even in my big ass truck.....

OnTheWarpath15
05-31-2010, 01:30 PM
I started wearing mine after our lil debate the other day.Yes even in my big ass truck.....

Good to hear, man.

Buck
05-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Wow Tiny I hope everyone is ok.

Last night I actually decided to take a ab even though it was only a two mile drive. Ended up costing me $18 buy worth it.

ModSocks
05-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Fuck that sucks.

Glad they'll all make it. Best wishes to them, worst wishes to the asshole who hit them.

ROYC75
05-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the family for a speedy return to good health.

Don't drink & drive people, come on, it's to dangerous.

ChiTown
05-31-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm guilty - big time.

Got a DUI 6 yrs ago, and I'm lucky I didn't kill myself or, God forbid, someone else.

I think God was sending me a message to change my ways, and I have. I won't make that mistake again. Here's hoping your S-I-L makes a full recovery.

RedDread
05-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Tell me the Drunk Driver got some injuries too.

OnTheWarpath15
05-31-2010, 03:35 PM
I know this place is the least of your concerns, J - but any updates you can pass on?

Everyone doing OK?

Gonzo
05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
If this ever happened to me and god forbid, something happened to my wife or son, I'm fairly certain I'd be spending some time in lockup.
Hope everyone is ok Tiny. Let us know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
05-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Glad they are okay. Internal bleeding is not fun, I hope they keep her on check for a while.

JD10367
05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
People who drive drunk and cause accidents/injuries, along with people who text while driving and do the same, should be given life in prison.

big nasty kcnut
05-31-2010, 04:39 PM
thank god they are ok. Here something maybe the driver fell asleep. I was thinking that may happen. Anyway thank for that no drinking or driving thing. People shouldn't do that.

sedated
05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Shit. Awful to hear.

I'm interested to hear what happens to the driver too. When a drunk ran a red light and t-boned my car, he put me in the hospital, f**ked his passenger up for life, then ran back to mexico and paid no consequences other than a single night in jail.

Phobia
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
thank god they are ok. Here something maybe the driver fell asleep. I was thinking that may happen. Anyway thank for that no drinking or driving thing. People shouldn't do that.

I really, really like that you always think the best of people, Nut. That's a character trait you should hang onto and be proud of always.

Phobia
05-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Shit. Awful to hear.

I'm interested to hear what happens to the driver too. When a drunk ran a red light and t-boned my car, he put me in the hospital, f**ked his passenger up for life, then ran back to mexico and paid no consequences other than a single night in jail.

Except for the living in Mexico part.

RedNFeisty
05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Glad everyone is recovering. Best of wishes sent your way.

bevischief
05-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Glad to hear they are doing ok. My wife got hit about 15 years ago and had to re learn to walk and talk and does not remember a lot of high school after getting hit by a drunk driver. They have no idea how she made it, her friend was driving and did not make it. We have been friends since grade school, family included, they were her aunt and uncle during her re-hab I was in the Air Force at the time and made up it as I could. She was the daughter my mom never had.

Simply Red
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm thankful, I really am, that's terrible to go through. Thank god though. I don't drink @ all, still.