PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Ice Cream

Mr. Laz
05-31-2010, 04:38 PM
the older i get the more i like the stuff

i have to force myself to stop eating or i will put away a 1/2 gallon of Breyers strawberry in one sitting.

:cuss:

Is ice Cream some kind of old people craving food?

Crush
05-31-2010, 04:39 PM

i have to force myself to stop eating or i will put away a 1/2 gallon of Breyers strawberry in one sitting.

No, Ice Cream has just become more addictive. Snickers ice cream bar FTW.

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2010, 04:42 PM

Was that before or after you watched a Sex and the City marathon?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
No, Ice Cream has just become more addictive. Snickers ice cream bar FTW.

If you ever go to a Braums there's always a shit load of really old people in there getting ice cream.

I haven't had a snicker ice cream bar in years but yes they are wonderful. Give me some Vanilla topped with chocolate syrup and throw on the peanuts.

Coach
05-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Reeses peanut butter ice cream, please.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
05-31-2010, 04:48 PM
We have a lil place right down the street from us called General Custards.I like the custard way better than traditional ice cream,but Im right there with ya on the wanting it more and more as I get older.

Bowser
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Belfonte's French Silk can be pretty fucking addictive.....

Chiefs Rool
05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Oh my, don't let me get a package of ice cream sandwiches in my sights, they'll be gone before the night closes in.

mlyonsd
05-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Personally I eat Ice Cream about 4 times a year but remember my Grandpa eating it all the time.

BTW, great timing on the thread. My son had his tonsils/adenoids removed last Tuesday so we bought ice cream for the first time in quite a while.

I've been making malts for almost a week.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Was that before or after you watched a Sex and the City marathon?
:clap:

ROFL

DeezNutz
05-31-2010, 05:14 PM
pistachio ftw.

Baby Lee
05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
I am quite blessed in that although I thoroughly sweets, including ice cream, I never ever crave them. I can eat a tub of B&J and not have ice cream again for 6-10 months. Not even give it a thought.
Though usually now, if I have ice cream, it's that '5' line [ie, only 5 ingredients], coffee flavor, from Haagen Daaz. Not that it's good for you, but it's kind of nice to know all you are eating is milk, eggs, cream, sugar and natural [coffee] flavor.

mlyonsd
05-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Homemade is the bomb.

Reaper16
05-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Christopher Elbow's new artisinal ice cream shop, Glace, just opened. Unreal good. http://www.glaceicecream.com/

CoMoChief
05-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Green Mint Chip

Fuck Yeah America Rules

Thread Over.

Saulbadguy
05-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Homemade is the bomb.

Here's the thing - i've never, ever had any home made ice cream that can hold a candle to Breyers, Edy's, Blue Bunny, etc...

I've eaten a lot of home made ice cream and it has all been garbage. I don't know why people think it's good, but they keep on making it. It is either too runny, or too grainy, with not enough flavor, or just plain boring.

Al Bundy
05-31-2010, 06:30 PM
I LOVE the blueberry cheesecake Ice Cream from Blue Bell..

gblowfish
05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Blue Bunny
Ice
Cream
Sammich.

Bwana
05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
You bastage! I just read this thread and sent my wife out to get me some Baskin Robbins. (True Story) :shake:

boogblaster
05-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Homemade is the best .. if you make it right .. I like strawberry-bannana ....

LaChapelle
05-31-2010, 07:10 PM
It's become a glue for candy or cookies anymore
less broken product we were going to throw out
and more mother****ing icecream please

cdcox
05-31-2010, 07:14 PM

i have to force myself to stop eating or i will put away a <Strike>1/2 gallon 1.75 quart </Strike> 1.5 quarts of Breyers strawberry in one sitting.

FYP

Dante84
05-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Haagen-daas coffee FTMFW

Mr. Laz
05-31-2010, 08:01 PM
You bastage! I just read this thread and sent my wife out to get me some Baskin Robbins. (True Story) :shake:
and i just snarfed down a half gallon of strawberry ice cream so join the sugar coma party. :p

Jilly
05-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Homemade peach ice cream, so freaking good. Thanks, now I need some.

angelo
05-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Gentlemen it pains me to do this to you.

Behold

Murray's Ice Cream
In Westport, Kansas City.

The service is quirky the scoop are weighed to exactly 3.5 ounces and it is not cheap. But it is fantastic.

All ice cream and sorbet made from scratch.

My curse is One Drunk Monk

Coffee ice cream with Frangelico toasted hazelnuts and dark chocolate shavings.

FFFFFFUooUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Ang

Mr. Laz
05-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Homemade peach ice cream, so freaking good. Thanks, now I need some.
cool ...

more ice cream = bigger boobies! :clap:

luv
05-31-2010, 08:15 PM
I have two weaknesses. Cheesecake and ice cream.

beach tribe
05-31-2010, 08:17 PM
I've read that as we get older our taste buds fade more and more, and sweets such as ice cream take on a milder flavor, that stimulate our taste buds, but don't give us that "too sweet" feel. People like me who could not stand sweets when they were younger can't get enough of them now.
I wasn't much for ice cream, pie or doughnuts when I was younger, and now I can sit down, and savor an entire pumpkin pie, a whole box of Krispy Kreem(chocolate on top FTW) or a half gallon of ice cream, and I'm only 30. I can only imagine what it will be like later. Good thing I don't gain weight very easily.

luv
05-31-2010, 08:19 PM
I've read that as we get older our taste buds fade more and more, and sweets such as ice cream take on a milder flavor, that stimulate our taste buds, but don't give us that "too sweet" feel. People like me who could not stand sweets when they were younger can't get enough of them now.
I wasn't much for ice cream, pie or doughnuts when I was younger, and now I can sit down, and savor an entire pumpkin pie, a whole box of Krispy Kreem(chocolate on top FTW) or a half gallon of ice cream, and I'm only 30. I can only imagine what it will be like later. Good thing I don't gain weight very easily.

:grr:

Rain Man
05-31-2010, 08:20 PM

If I was stranded on a deserted island, one of the first things I'd do is figure out how to make cheesecake. I love the stuff.

My favorite ice cream is a rather obscure one made by (I think) Dreyers, called Moose Tracks. It's vanilla ice cream with that chocolate dip cone stuff swirled in it, and little tiny peanut butter cups. It's pretty much the Manhattan Project of ice cream.

Jilly
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
cool ...

more ice cream = bigger boobies! :clap:

Is that how it happened? I thought it was the baby and genetics...

luv
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
If I was stranded on a deserted island, one of the first things I'd do is figure out how to make cheesecake. I love the stuff.

My favorite ice cream is a rather obscure one made by (I think) Dreyers, called Moose Tracks. It's vanilla ice cream with that chocolate dip cone stuff swirled in it, and little tiny peanut butter cups. It's pretty much the Manhattan Project of ice cream.

Hiland makes a Moose Tracks, too. Great stuff!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-31-2010, 08:32 PM

Whoa , that sounds like a must try.

Chief Pote
05-31-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm a frigging ice cream addict.

Chief Pote
05-31-2010, 08:43 PM

It's Breyers....and it's REAL good.

Rain Man
05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
It's Breyers....and it's REAL good.

Ah. Okay. One of those companies should take a buyout from the other to change their name.

I'm a little worried because I haven't seen it the last two times I was at the store. It's either so popular that it keeps selling out, or Breyer/Dreyer is going to be getting a very angry letter.

T-post Tom
05-31-2010, 08:49 PM
I find that a good sorbet cleanses one's palate after a randy round of spin-the-bottle. (self-edit)

RedNFeisty
05-31-2010, 09:05 PM

Cheesecake :drool:

Ice cream, not so much, if I do it is real strawberry or orange sherbert.

RedNFeisty
05-31-2010, 09:15 PM

Laz, are you having an Arnold moment??
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OSz4jOGior8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OSz4jOGior8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz
05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Is that how it happened? I thought it was the baby and genetics...
those things too ... but higher body fat increases breast size in most women.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2010, 09:43 PM

i like sherbet too

orange,lime even some lemon

-King-
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
I have never understood why people have cravings for ice cream.

Bwana
05-31-2010, 10:36 PM

make that 3........ :D

http://www.chicompany.net/images/Gatorade%20-%20Grape.jpg

Crush
05-31-2010, 10:40 PM
I have never understood why people have cravings for ice cream.

Are you a communist?

RedNFeisty
05-31-2010, 10:51 PM
i like sherbet too

orange,lime even some lemon

I use to get orange sherbert and vanilla ice cream shakes, called an orange crush...yummy!!!

Lime isn't bad, not sure I have tried lemon.

Bugeater
05-31-2010, 11:07 PM
:grr:
Give him a few more years, I was saying the same thing when I was 30.

Reaper16
06-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Christopher Elbow's new artisinal ice cream shop, Glace, just opened. Unreal good. http://www.glaceicecream.com/
BTW - fuck all ya'll. I'm going here tomorrow, which makes me better at eating ice cream than you.

rockymtnchief
06-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Chocolat chip cookie dough ice cream for me!

Cheese cake rocks too!

There used to be a place in Billings that made their cheese cake from scratch and I worked with the bakers son. She found out how much I liked cheese cake and quickly made me her guinea pig. Every Friday morning she'd send me home with 4-5 slices of different flavors she'd invented. The pieces never made it past Saturday afternoon.

luv
06-01-2010, 06:37 AM

One thing I hate about losing weight is that I lose it in my boobs first. I like my boobs. But, once I lose weight everywhere else, they end up being the same cup size, so I don't complain too much.

luv
06-01-2010, 06:38 AM

I love orange cream. Orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream. Sooo good.

luv
06-01-2010, 06:39 AM
make that 3........ :D

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

:p

NewChief
06-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Growing up, my dad ate ice cream for breakfast. Literally. He also ate it at lunch and before bed. The portions were huge as well. We went through around 6 gallons of ice cream a week (my brothers and I also scarfed it down).

The irony was that he always had horrible stomach problems... and not until much later in life (after we'd all moved out of the house) did he discover that he was lactose intolerant. ROFL

He cut out the ice cream, and his stomach problems remarkably cleared up.

NewChief
06-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Oh. And Breyers makes the best store bought ice cream by far, imo. I used to love Ben and Jerry's, but I think Breyers makes a superior product.

Very simple, but delicious.

Their mint chocolate chip is unbelievable.

Chief Pote
06-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Ah. Okay. One of those companies should take a buyout from the other to change their name.

I'm a little worried because I haven't seen it the last two times I was at the store. It's either so popular that it keeps selling out, or Breyer/Dreyer is going to be getting a very angry letter.

Walmart has Breyers on sale all the time. Usually $2.00 per half gallon...I think it's a half gallon. You know they always shrink the size of the product and never lower the price. :grr: I hate it when they shrink ice cream portions.

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't eat ice cream that much. When I do I want something good. Anyone ever eat Graeter's ice cream? Holy crap, that shit is like crack. Kinda expensive as far as ice cream goes. Its a Cincinnati thing. I'm not sure how far they sell outta the area.

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2010, 09:00 AM
One thing I hate about losing weight is that I lose it in my boobs first. I like my boobs. But, once I lose weight everywhere else, they end up being the same cup size, so I don't complain too much.Cool, I like your boobs too, even though I have not seen them and have no idea how big they are... :)

Chiefs=Champions
06-01-2010, 09:10 AM
HAZELNUT OM NOM NOM!!

RedNFeisty
06-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Chocolat chip cookie dough ice cream for me!

Cheese cake rocks too!

There used to be a place in Billings that made their cheese cake from scratch and I worked with the bakers son. She found out how much I liked cheese cake and quickly made me her guinea pig. Every Friday morning she'd send me home with 4-5 slices of different flavors she'd invented. The pieces never made it past Saturday afternoon.

Oh, I'm so jealous!!!

Pants
06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't like most sweets. Despise cakes, pies, cheesecakes, candy, etc. I kind of like certain chocolate chip cookies (the warm, gooey type)... but I sure as **** love me some ice cream. I don't crave it, but when I do get it from time to time, the life-span is pretty short, because I have no will power and will demolish it like there's no tomorrow.

Blue Bell butter pecan is the shit. OMFG. Starbucks used to make this one kind that was coffee flavored with chocolate covered almonds and fudge swirls. That was one of my favorites and I have no idea why they stopped making it. Starbucks coffee ice cream (at least the old lines) > Haagen-Dasz coffee ice cream, IMO. The only Haagen-Dasz flavor I really like is the pistachio.

Jilly
06-01-2010, 11:26 AM

hmmm...I"m gonna say it's genetics, they were contenders in the 6th grade.

Reaper16
06-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Had an Ice Cream orgy at Glacé today. Christopher Elbow himself was in the building and I chatted with him for a bit.

My flavor rundown from today:

Pineapple-Cilantro sorbet - A refreshing blend of sharp citrus and herbal cilantro greens. I could take down a pint in no time.

Fresh Mint - It is white but it doesn't taste like peppermint or anything. It had a dominant herbal/leafy flavor; it really tasted of the fresh mint leaves uses. Great stuff.

Fluer de Sel - Salted caramel for those that don't know. Just a tremendous version of a tremendous ice cream flavor.

Venezuelan Spiced Chocolate - a wonderful dark chocolate ice cream with the kick of cinnamon and red chilies. The heat and bitterness work so well together in the cold format of ice cream.

Crème Fraiche - I was hesitant at first before saying "screw it" and ordering some. After all, would you want to eat what is essentially a soured cream ice cream? It was delicious though; a perfect yeasty tartness something akin to cheesecake.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I've had chocolate with cayenne pepper in it before, it was very good.

Fluer de Sel sounds wonderful.

Quesadilla Joe
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
This
http://25.media.tumblr.com/cgImsf5LxqqcjfgzuHUoIdcao1_400.jpg

or

This

http://www.mms.com/us/images/product_ice_sandwich.png

denwilmay
06-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Chocolate/ peanut-butter

T-post Tom
06-02-2010, 12:34 AM
One thing I hate about losing weight is that I lose it in my boobs first. I like my boobs. But, once I lose weight everywhere else, they end up being the same cup size, so I don't complain too much.

Wobbly bits and ice cream. Two (ummm...three?) of my favorite things.

Jenson71
06-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Sometimes when I'm in Dubuque in the summer, I stop at Betty Jane's for their Gremlin Ice Cream. Oh that's good.

And if you're ever in New York City, you should do the Frrrrozzzzeennn Hot Chocolate at Serendipity's. What a treat!

TrickyNicky
06-02-2010, 01:03 AM
This is the best take home Ice Cream ever IMO:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/3078409541_3382ebb4be.jpg?v=0

"This creamy blend of caramel ice cream with rich caramel swirls balances the sweet crunch of chocolate-covered cone pieces for a harmony of caramel, chocolate and crunch in every bite"

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2010, 05:08 AM
This
http://25.media.tumblr.com/cgImsf5LxqqcjfgzuHUoIdcao1_400.jpg

This is probably your best post, and quite likely the first time I have agreed with you. That is some kick-ass ice cream. It kicks the shit out of anything haagen daaz or ben and jerrys, or anything else for that matter...