PDA

View Full Version : Electronics iPod Nano question/problem

OPChief
06-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Went to sync a new iPod nano with my existing iTunes on my PC last night. iTunes said the sync was complete (more than once), yet nothing was transferred to the iPod. Could the issue just be that I need to update the version of iTunes? FYI- the iTunes on that PC has not been updated in at least 2 years... Is it that simple ya think?

Silock
06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Do you have playlists and such selected to be synced?

Titty Meat
06-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Buy a Zune.

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Buy a Zune.

http://sunshineanddesign.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/james-joyce-this-this-and-this1.jpg

Silock
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqTYI55K1eo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqTYI55K1eo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Stanley Nickels
06-02-2010, 08:45 PM
OP- It could VERY well be that. Update to 9.1.1. Then, restore the iPod (assuming you have all the stuff that's on the iPod on your computer as well) by clicking the "restore" button on the iPod screen in iTunes. If none of those work, go to www.apple.com/support and find out your warranty status (link is on the right side). If you're in warranty, go to an Apple Retail Store or call 1-800-APL-CARE. If you're not, go to www.missionrepair.com for hardware repair cheap

Param
06-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Buy a Zune.

Yes, get a Zune.

:thumb:

OPChief
06-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Do you have playlists and such selected to be synced?

Yes I do. Within iTunes, it even shows/recognizes the iPod, and says all of the music has transferred. But the iPod says it contains no music.

OPChief
06-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Yes, get a Zune.

:thumb:

Considering.

MoreLemonPledge
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Considering.

Download the software and give it a try first. It's really a much better experience than the jumbled mess that is iTunes.

OPChief
06-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Download the software and give it a try first. It's really a much better experience than the jumbled mess that is iTunes.

Only issue I have with that is the large iTunes library that currently sits on my PC.

UteChief
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
And do you have it set to manually control your music? Or have you checked the box as to what you want to sync?

OPChief
06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
And do you have it set to manually control your music? Or have you checked the box as to what you want to sync?

You're saying I do this within iTunes? I haven't seen/couldn't find an option such as that. As far as specific music, yes it was all checked. Even iTunes said it went to the iPod (in a separate window, iTunes "opens up" the iPod, and shows what according to it, has been transferred). But the iPod just says "no music"...

Pants
06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Does Zune play .flacc? Didn't think so.

Get a Cowon. Zune is pretty slick, though.

UteChief
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
When iTunes recognizes the iPod it should show the iPod and name inbthe left colum. At least I think it should, my software is up to date. You select the iPod and it brings up a screen showing the serial number and other info. If you scroll down it should have your sync options.

You can also choose what to add under the music tab in this view.

OPChief
06-03-2010, 02:14 PM
When iTunes recognizes the iPod it should show the iPod and name inbthe left colum. At least I think it should, my software is up to date. You select the iPod and it brings up a screen showing the serial number and other info. If you scroll down it should have your sync options.

You can also choose what to add under the music tab in this view.

Okay, I think you're maybe onto something. This is the case: "When iTunes recognizes the iPod it should show the iPod and name inbthe left column."

However, when I select the ipod, it does show what music it says it transferred, BUT there isn't any serial number and other info. And there aren't any other options there to scroll down to. It displays all of the music that it says is there, but its like an inactive screen. Nothing I can do there. Could this be a case of not having "registered" the iPod? Feel free to call me ignorant, but the manual makes no mention of that. It only gives me a url and tells me to download and install iTunes (which I already had on the PC), but does not say anything anywere about registering the iPod.

Fish
06-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Is the current computer authorized to play that music?

To authorize that computer, click on Store in the menu, and select Authorize Computer.

OPChief
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Is the current computer authorized to play that music?

To authorize that computer, click on Store in the menu, and select Authorize Computer.

I assume its authorized, but I will try that.

RNR
06-03-2010, 03:43 PM
My ipod Nano started playing out of the right side only :doh!: I stared at it blankly and that did not help, I then switched earphones and still no luck. I then went high tech and turned it off and on several times...:shake: still no luck. After more blank staring I banged it on my desk and it started play both sides again :thumb: Hope this helps~

OPChief
06-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Updated to new verson of iTunes last night. Also registered the Nano online. The same thing occurrs. iTunes says that everything has transferred/updated, yet the iPod has no music. This is ridiculous.

stevieray
06-04-2010, 07:21 AM
daughters ipod got stolen @ WOF the other day.

OPChief
06-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Returned the iPod today- got a replacement. They plugged it in real quick and said that it needed to be "restored". They advised that this was fairly common- attempting to sync with an old version of iTunes can cause this, apparently. Even though I updated to new iTunes, said if possible, back up that music somewhere else on PC, remove iTunes, then plug in iPod. iPod will then direct me to newest version of iTunes, etc... Jeez.

UteChief
06-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Weird. Pm me if it still doesn't work.