PDA

View Full Version : Money AT&T mini rant

06-03-2010, 10:51 PM
It just pisses me off when they change your rates but don't bother to inform you of the change.

My internet price jumped $3 and I didn't receive any info in the last three billing cycles to inform me the change was coming.:mad:

AT&T will most likely be losing me now because I was paying $25 per month for 1.5mbps service and now they raised it ot $28. Cox offers 3mbps service for $30 per month. Not fond of paying anything over $25 per month for internet but it seems I have no choice in the matter. I guess, on the plus side, I at least get to double my speed for 2 bucks more.

Not real fond of switching to cable though for the mere fact that I have no guarantees that my connection will always be 3mbps.

Pants
06-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Hmm. I'm paying $75 for 15mbps and cable + DVR with Comcast. I was paying $130 for 5mbps and same channels with a DVR for ATT. Comcast's HD signal is much better too. ATT did give me $250 (even though I was promised $350) in a prepaid Visa card for their 2 months of service, though. LMAO

kcxiv
06-03-2010, 10:55 PM
i have comcast and my shit is never slow, i download everything fast. I have no issues with it. I used to have AT and T but fuck them, for a little more, you get way more speed.

Bugeater
06-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I have Qwest. It works most of the time.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
It just pisses me off when they change your rates but don't bother to inform you of the change.

My internet price jumped $3 and I didn't receive any info in the last three billing cycles to inform me the change was coming.:mad:

AT&T will most likely be losing me now because I was paying $25 per month for 1.5mbps service and now they raised it ot $28. Cox offers 3mbps service for $30 per month. Not fond of paying anything over $25 per month for internet but it seems I have no choice in the matter. I guess, on the plus side, I at least get to double my speed for 2 bucks more.

Not real fond of switching to cable though for the mere fact that I have no guarantees that my connection will always be 3mbps.

For $10 more a month w/ AT&T DSL don't you get speeds of 6 mbps? I mean it's ten dollars and will save you alot of headache.

CoMoChief
06-03-2010, 11:54 PM
mediacom.........can go to hell.

06-04-2010, 12:47 AM
For $10 more a month w/ AT&T DSL don't you get speeds of 6 mbps? I mean it's ten dollars and will save you alot of headache.Internet is not worth $40 a month to me. Like I said, 1.5mbps is not worth $25 per month much less $28 per month. 1.5mbps is also all I really need for what I do.

06-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Great. Now I have to purchase a new modem as well. Anyone got a cable modem they don't need? heh

soopamanluva
06-04-2010, 07:09 AM
AT&T is screwing the wireless users too. No more unlimited data plans for $30. Now we get 2gb for $25

TrebMaxx
06-04-2010, 07:16 AM
mediacom.........can go to hell.

Charter is already there!

munkey
06-04-2010, 07:35 AM
AT&T is screwing the wireless users too. No more unlimited data plans for $30. Now we get 2gb for $25

meh...All the carriers are screwing everyone...

06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
meh...All the carriers are screwing everyone...

No crap there. Internet prices keep climbing and they give you nothing. Two years ago I was paying $15 for 1.5 speed.

Coach
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Sprint is still unlimited data and text plan w/o a voice plan, for 30 bucks.

Its a win-win for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Sprint is still unlimited data and text plan w/o a voice plan, for 30 bucks.

Its a win-win for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
How exactly does that help my situation? That is for a cell phone not home internet.

Pants
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
How can you say that internet is not worth $40/mo, though?

It's a pretty handy service.

06-04-2010, 03:23 PM
How can you say that internet is not worth $40/mo, though?

It's a pretty handy service.

for $40 I had better be getting insane speed. Like I said, I only need 1.5 for what I do. $25 was too much IMO.

I just surf, I don't download much at all. $40 sounds insane to me.

06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Called ATT retention. Nothing. "Our marketing department tells us that even at this increased rats we are still highly competitive with our prices in your area."

News flash, you no longer are.

they did offer to bump me to 6.0 service for $25 for one year but I am not interested in getting used to a speed I will have to cancel in one year because it will cost more than I am willing to pay for it when the term is up. That price will be $45 per month.

So much for retention.

Cox, here I come.

WilliamTheIrish
06-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Cox, here I come.

Careful how you word that. No homo/ D. Bowe

KCChiefsMan
06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
ya, AT&T can kiss my ass. Once my contract runs out, I'll be changing companies. I had $55 per month for enough minutes and unlimited texting. They decided that texting should be an additional $15 per month without any sort of warning or notice. So now it's $70. I'm just going to buy a phone and add service to it this time, I always seem to break my phone after about a year and a half and I just hate when they tell look and check and then they tell me "well, you are not eligible for an upgrade" He told me that I had to go buy a Go phone from wal-mart and stick my Sim card in it.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Great. Now I have to purchase a new modem as well. Anyone got a cable modem they don't need? heh

I might have an extra laying around...

Bearcat
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
ya, AT&T can kiss my ass. Once my contract runs out, I'll be changing companies. I had $55 per month for enough minutes and unlimited texting. They decided that texting should be an additional $15 per month without any sort of warning or notice. So now it's $70. I'm just going to buy a phone and add service to it this time, I always seem to break my phone after about a year and a half and I just hate when they tell look and check and then they tell me "well, you are not eligible for an upgrade" He told me that I had to go buy a Go phone from wal-mart and stick my Sim card in it.

Do they still charge like $20/month for unlimited texting on top of an unlimited data plan? I don't know why their customers haven't revolted against that... I was looking at iPhones a while back and the data portion (data & text) would have been like $30 more a month, mostly because they charge you twice for unlimited data.

Oh, you can watch youtube videos all day long or listen to Pandora, etc; but if you want to send 140 characters... yeah ,that'll be extra. LMAO

Anal.Fissure
06-04-2010, 05:16 PM
AT&T FTL :/ Just like my fissure

googlegoogle
06-04-2010, 05:49 PM
I pay $10 month for ATT dsl.

58-4ever
06-04-2010, 06:29 PM

this is actually not true. People with the unlimited are grandfathered in.

Lzen
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I got rid of that ATT's crappy internet service last year. I switched to Cox digital phone and 9 mbps internet and have been very pleased with the service. Much, much better. ATT just turned to shit.

Is this true? Anyone? If so, I may get rid of ATT completely once and for all when my wireless contract is up.

Gracie Dean
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I had 3 different phone calls today by ATT wanting me to "come back to them"

The last one, I told them that we were shutting off our home phone totally

We are happy with our bundle

Lzen
06-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Do they still charge like $20/month for unlimited texting on top of an unlimited data plan? I don't know why their customers haven't revolted against that... I was looking at iPhones a while back and the data portion (data & text) would have been like $30 more a month, mostly because they charge you twice for unlimited data.

Oh, you can watch youtube videos all day long or listen to Pandora, etc; but if you want to send 140 characters... yeah ,that'll be extra. LMAO

Yes, they do charge extra $30 for data plan. For me, that would be on top of the $20 a month for unlimited texting that I pay now. I noticed that the iPhone has dropped to $99 at Walmart now and was thinking of getting one. But I don't want to spend that kinda money on a data plan. I would hardly ever use that.

Spott
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Is this true? Anyone? If so, I may get rid of ATT completely once and for all when my wireless contract is up.

If you have the plan before the new plans are available on June 7th, then you can still keep the unlimited plan.

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 10:13 AM
For $10 more a month w/ AT&T DSL don't you get speeds of 6 mbps? I mean it's ten dollars and will save you alot of headache.

Yeah, I get 6 mbps for $35.

But I'd switch from ATT in a heartbeat if I could. Problem is that Charter is the only other option in this area, and their customer service and rates make you happy you have ATT.

Gotta love a lack of competition.

irishjayhawk
06-05-2010, 10:33 AM
I got rid of that ATT's crappy internet service last year. I switched to Cox digital phone and 9 mbps internet and have been very pleased with the service. Much, much better. ATT just turned to shit.

It's true but as much as I want to hate on ATT, it actually is going to save people money. From all the ArsTech writers to David Pogue, they're all defending ATT and rightfully so if ArsTech's article is true. They released graphs of their usage in a month.

None of them even approach 2G at all. Not one. So that's $5 per month everyone's saving. And more if you go for the first 200MB option.

Having said all this, I'm upset because it's opening the door for tiered services for all of the internet. That's my big thing.

Coach
06-05-2010, 11:11 AM
How exactly does that help my situation? That is for a cell phone not home internet.

This is my cell phone, not my home internet. I don't need some poor schmuck babbling to me about useless shit that I don't want to hear, so this plan is great for me, and if they want to talk to me, text me, bitch!
Posted via Mobile Device

06-05-2010, 12:33 PM
This is my cell phone, not my home internet. I don't need some poor schmuck babbling to me about useless shit that I don't want to hear, so this plan is great for me, and if they want to talk to me, text me, bitch!
Posted via Mobile Device
:LOL: