PDA

View Full Version : Life The Internet, Civility and Anonymity

jAZ
06-05-2010, 02:29 PM
The question discussed in this 5 minute video is pretty interesting and quite relevant to ChiefsPlanet. What about civility in online discussions? What role does our own anonymity here play in the coarsening of our discussions. I'd take it a step further and ask what role does the coarsening discussions online play in a possible coarsening of the discussion offline as well?

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="400" height="264" ><param name="flashvars" value="webhost=fora.tv&clipid=10728&cliptype=highlight" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://fora.tv/embedded_player" /><embed flashvars="webhost=fora.tv&clipid=10728&cliptype=highlight" src="http://fora.tv/embedded_player" width="400" height="264" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Fuck you.

Chiefs Rool
06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
damn good watch and a lot of truth to it. I try to be respectful when I am online, but I had to quit my membership for xbox live because the way people treat each other goes against my faith. A simple I like Coke and you like Pepsi disagreement will usually result in death threats.

Reaper16
06-05-2010, 02:37 PM
damn good watch and a lot of truth to it. I try to be respectful when I am online, but I had to quit my membership for xbox live because the way people treat each other goes against my faith. A simple I like Coke and you like Pepsi disagreement will usually result in death threats.
You talk respectfully to me one more time and I will chop you into peices with a handsaw, knowing full well that the handsaw is not designed to chop things.

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 02:37 PM
"Wonderful and terrible."

Terrible is wonderful, motherfucker!

FREAKSHOW FREAKSHOW FREAKSHOW!

Bugeater
06-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I'll fucking kill you if you choose Pepsi.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I wonder how the dynamic would change if people were required to use a photo of themselves in their avatar. It would ruin the fun me thinks.

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I wonder how the dynamic would change if people were required to use a photo of themselves in their avatar. It would ruin the fun me thinks.

I want to start a Facebook group where people are huge assholes to each other. Defy the theory presented in this video.

Chiefs Rool
06-05-2010, 02:42 PM
lol

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I want to start a Facebook group where people are huge assholes to each other. Defy the theory presented in this video.

LOL I like it. Phil started a great page on facebook that never took off. "I like you a lot better now that we only hang out on Facebook."

mikey23545
06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Amazing how no one was screaming about civility all the years we got to see GW Bush being depicted as a baby-eating Super-Nazi and all conservatives as racist, hate-filled idiots, but as soon as poor little Obama gets a little butthurt and sees his poll numbers crashing, it's time to quit posting strong opinions on the internet.

Oh, and if you don't like my views, go fuck yourself.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Amazing how no one was screaming about civility all the years we got to see GW Bush being depicted as a baby-eating Super-Nazi and all conservatives as racist, hate-filled idiots, but as soon as poor little Obama gets a little butthurt and sees his poll numbers crashing, it's time to quit posting strong opinions on the internet.

LMAO I'm going to go fuck myself because I have no idea where that came from. Was that shit in the video? If it was, Jaz knows better. If it's not, you should know better.

XOXOXO

Saccopoo
06-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Amazing how no one was screaming about civility all the years we got to see GW Bush being depicted as a baby-eating Super-Nazi and all conservatives as racist, hate-filled idiots...

They weren't?

jAZ
06-05-2010, 02:54 PM

So this isn't anything to your personally, just using your remarks here as an example.

Imagine being around the office or at a party at a friends house, and you are among a mix of people you know and don't know. And imagine if someone raised a relatively thoughtful, sincere, and generally interesting question for discussion.

The likelihood that it would almost instantly turn into a string of snarky remarks, (sarcastic) insults and someone playing out the same joke again and again... is almost zero. The chance that something like that happens with the same question here on CP is upwards of 100%.

It's interesting how we would never even try to behave offline like we feel free to do online.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 02:55 PM

Oh, and if you don't like my views, go **** yourself.

I've been on this issue from day 1 of my time on CP.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 02:56 PM
LMAO I'm going to go **** myself because I have no idea where that came from. Was that shit in the video? If it was, Jaz knows better. If it's not, you should know better.

XOXOXO

This has nothing to do with politics.

Pablo
06-05-2010, 02:57 PM

Shut the fuck up with your DC bullshit.

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 02:59 PM
It's interesting how we would never even try to behave offline like we feel free to do online.

The internet is great. A lot of times you're talking directly to the Id of the person sitting at the other keyboard. Fascinating.

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Shut the fuck up with your DC bullshit.

At the bash this year, we should strive to be our Chiefsplanet personas.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:00 PM
They weren't?

There was a early debate about how CP should be moderated, and my opinion was that it should be approached as a place that can draw the line a bit harder in terms of enforcing some level of civility. I lost out on that very clearly. But the idea has always interested me, and I find it great to see that the rest of our culture is taking a look at the issue.

I have personally noticed that once I gave up trying to instill civility here and went with the flow, not only did my tone around here degenerate too much, but I noticed that the more time I spent online with that attitude, the more likely it was to slip through into other moments of my regular life.

My shorter fuse online made for a shorter fuse offline.

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 03:03 PM

I didn't notice anyone acting any different at the last bash than they act online, personally.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
The internet is great. A lot of times you're talking directly to the Id of the person sitting at the other keyboard. Fascinating.

Agree 100%. But fascinating in a totally indulgent way. It's fun and interesting to go Id-to-Id, but much like going shot-for-shot in a bar, it's not particularly productive and if you do that every day, the entire experience turns on its head. It becomes destructive rather than merely fascinating.

Pablo
06-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Politards don't show up to the bashes and talk their bullshit in real life because they'd be alienated pretty goddamn quickly.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:08 PM

ROFL

That would make for a hell of an interesting tailgate. The one tailgate I went to for a game in San Deigo, it was not remotely like ChiefsPlanet. Mostly a few people standing around unsure how to relate to each other, occasionally finding some random topic to Chiefs-related topic to discuss.

Hammock Parties
It's fun and interesting to go Id-to-Id, but much like going shot-for-shot in a bar, it's not particularly productive

Lord knows I get on Chiefsplanet to be productive.

Hammock Parties
I didn't notice anyone acting any different at the last bash than they act online, personally.

Yeah, I tried to cup TinyE's butt and he neg repped me with his fist.

Marcellus

So people were calling each other stupid fucking morons and things of the like to each others faces?

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 03:09 PM
So people were calling each other stupid fucking morons and things of the like to each others faces?

Nah. I thought a lot of people were different. I think a lot of people were surprised I wasn't a moronic jackass.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Politards don't show up to the bashes and talk their bullshit in real life because they'd be alienated pretty goddamn quickly.

I know I'm pretty well known for talking politics online and I almost never talk politics offline with anyone other than wife/family. Most people don't want to talk about those things and it can be intense if it comes ups. So I always used the DC as my release.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Lord knows I get on Chiefsplanet to be productive.

Point well taken. Though I don't mean "productive" in reference to individual productivity. It might even be the wrong word. I'd probably should have said "healthy" in a social sense.

Pablo
06-05-2010, 03:13 PM

Nobody was particularly vulgar or verbose. Everybody was drunk or drinking and having a good time. Joe let's us all know up front there will be no bullshit or we'll be gone and folks respected each other and his rules.

Marcellus
06-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Nah. I thought a lot of people were different. I think a lot of people were surprised I wasn't a moronic jackass.

I am fairly certain that while people may express part of their personality here they would act entirely more civil in person.

I don't remember the last time I called someone stupid to their face or had someone call me stupid to my face.

Whats that old Bill Cosby joke?....I asked a guy why he did cocoaine, he said it intensifies my personality. I said great but what if you are an asshole?

CP is some people's cocaine. ;)

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:16 PM

I think some people are pretty much the same online and off. But I'd bet most people are different. Those that are the same are likely known as being relatively coarse offline than the rest of the people. Or the converse, they are known as being relatively quiet. But the wide middle makes adjustment online and offline... just like they do when people are watching their behavior vs when they aren't.

Bowser
06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Nobody was particularly vulgar or verbose. Everybody was drunk or drinking and having a good time. Joe let's us all know up front there will be no bullshit or we'll be gone and folks respected each other and his rules.And then GoChiefs beat down Bob Dole.

Marcellus
Nobody was particularly vulgar or verbose. Everybody was drunk or drinking and having a good time. Joe let's us all know up front there will be no bullshit or we'll be gone and folks respected each other and his rules.

I was just commenting on how OTW thought everyone seemed the same as online. I don't see how that's realistically possible or there would have been plenty of BS.

Granted I would bet money the majority of the shit stirrers on here weren't there.

OnTheWarpath15

There wasn't any reason to.

None of the dumbfucks that say stupid shit on a regular basis showed up.

I had someone last year, though I can't recall who, tell me last year, "You're on your best behavior. You haven't even called someone stupid, much less a dumbass or fuckstick."

To which I replied, "Well, no one has said anything stupid, or acted like a dumbass or fuckstick."

I can't speak to how this place was prior to September 1, 2005, but I can tell you it hasn't really changed that much when it comes to what is being called "civility" in this thread.

Stupidity has been called out here for as long as I remember, and the higher the level of stupidity, usually increases the level of "incivility."

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM

None of the dumb****s that say stupid shit on a regular basis showed up.

Who was there?

Time's Yours
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM

None of the dumbfucks that say stupid shit on a regular basis showed up.

I had someone last year, though I can't recall who, tell me last year, "You're on your best behavior. You haven't even called someone stupid, much less a dumbass or fuckstick."

To which I replied, "Well, no one has said anything stupid, or acted like a dumbass or fuckstick."

I can't speak to how this place was prior to September 1, 2005, but I can tell you it hasn't really changed that much when it comes to what is being called "civility" in this thread.

Stupidity has been called out here for as long as I remember, and the higher the level of stupidity, usually increases the level of "incivility."

You're an idiot. There is no way the average intelligence of posters on this site is any less than what you encounter in real life.

Yet, if you communicated in real life like you do here, you'd get your ass beat daily. Nobody believes this is the real you. (Well maybe the douche part, but not the hardass part).
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
06-05-2010, 03:34 PM

You're not?

BossChief
06-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Whether online or IRL, if someone doesn't think before talking they should be corrected at the level of how poor their thinking was when they made the statement/comment.

Im generally the nicest guy you will meet, but I can be a complete asshole if the situation dictates that response.

Im American/German, so I may be a little more opinionated than most IRL.

Pants
06-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Shit, I'm definitely a lot more aggressive on the intrawebs than I am in real life. I don't care how heated the argument gets, I would never call someone a "retarded fucking monkey" to their face. I don't know, but I think the internet is a great outlet for people to argue without the prohibitive ways of politeness one must follow in our every day lives.

Bugeater
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Who was there?
Off the top of my head...Dole, Nzoner, Me, OTW, Stevieray, BRC, Luv, Rausch, Dartgod, Bearcat, KcMizzou, GoChiefs, Sedated, Guru, Halfcan, Mr Plow, Lzen, TinyE, Bevischief, Postrockpablo.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Edit: KS Smitty, Kindra68, joesomebody, ExtremeChief as well.

Pablo
06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Shit, I'm definitely a lot more aggressive on the intrawebs than I am in real life. I don't care how heated the argument gets, I would never call someone a "retarded fucking monkey" to their face. I don't know, but I think the internet is a great outlet for people to argue without the prohibitive ways of politeness one must follow in our every day lives.

Pretty much.

Bowser
06-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Honestly, the only guy I can think of around here that would tell somebody to eat a bag of dicks to their face would be ENDelt. But, Phobia "helped him" build a "deck". It was around that time that nobody heard from ENDelt ever again.

Bugeater
06-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm pretty sure sedated has called me a stupid fucking moron to my face more than once. And he probably had a good reason to.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Off the top of my head...Dole, Nzoner, Me, OTW, Stevieray, BRC, Luv, Rausch, Dartgod, Bearcat, KcMizzou, GoChiefs, Sedated, Guru, Halfcan, Mr Plow, Lzen, TinyE, Bevischief, Postrockpablo.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Edit: KS Smitty, Kindra68, joesomebody, ExtremeChief as well.

I'm not going to point fingers at anyone in particular, but I will just say that some if not all of those people have been known to say some stupid things online and get cracked by others for doing so.

Marcellus
06-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure sedated has called me a stupid ****ing moron to my face more than once. And he probably had a good reason to.

I am guessing you guys are good friends?

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Who was there?

Off the top of my head, sorry if I've forgotten anyone...

Me
GoChiefs
TinyEvel
Stevieray
Nzoner (and his Mrs, plus a group of his offline friends - maybe 20 or so)
Bugeater
Guru
PostRockPablo
Bob Dole
Mr. Plow and Mrs.
Luv
D-penz
Sedated, I think
BigRedChief (and Mrs, I think)
KC Mizzou
joesomebody
Bearcat
ExtremeChief, IIRC
Halfcan, I think
Rausch showed after I left Sat. night, or so I was told
KS Smitty
Kindra

I'm sure I missed someone, but that's the best I can do.

jAZ
06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Honestly, the only guy I can think of around here that would tell somebody to eat a bag of dicks to their face would be ENDelt. But, Phobia "helped him" build a "deck". It was around that time that nobody heard from ENDelt ever again.

I went drinking with Endelt one night (he lived in Tucson for a while). Even as blunt or bold as he is online, he was at least a little different offline.

Bowser
06-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I went drinking with Endelt one night (he lived in Tucson for a while). Even as blunt or bold as he is online, he was at least a little different offline.

Hell, he'd do it, then buy you a beer. Brian is a good dude. He's one of the guys that made me want to start posting here. The place is a bit less without him.

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 03:49 PM
You're an idiot. There is no way the average intelligence of posters on this site is any less than what you encounter in real life.

Yet, if you communicated in real life like you do here, you'd get your ass beat daily. Nobody believes this is the real you. (Well maybe the douche part, but not the hardass part).
Posted via Mobile Device

I love posts like this.

Someone who ACTUALLY is hiding behind their keyboard telling someone who's been to numerous CP events and personally know close to 75 -100 people from here "how it is."

LMAO

Bugeater
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I am guessing you guys are good friends?
**** no, the dumb mother****er caused me to burn my t-shirt a couple years ago.

Pants
06-05-2010, 03:51 PM

LMAO

Bowser
06-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Fuck no, the dumb motherfucker caused me to burn my t-shirt a couple years ago.That prick beat me at darts at Joe's once. You want that I bang up his knees or sumthin'?

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure sedated has called me a stupid fucking moron to my face more than once. And he probably had a good reason to.

LMAO

That's the difference: you recognized that he probably had good reason to.

A lot of people here aren't capable or aren't willing to make that distinction.

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 03:55 PM
And then GoChiefs beat down Bob Dole.

Look, it wasn't that way, OK? Bob Dole attacked, and my years of training and cat-like reflexes just took over. I'm a lethal killing machine, he's lucky to be alive.

Bowser
06-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Obviously, I'm going to have to make a point of showing up this year and knocking you bastard dipshits into line.

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I said it recently, and I'll say it again:

If Hootie, for example, was to show up to a CP function, and said something stupid, I'd call him a dipshit, then head to the cooler to grab him a beer or buy him one if we were out.

If I said something stupid, then guess what, I deserve to be called a dipshit as well. Whether the other guy is still willing to buy/grab me a beer afterwards is out of my control.

I have no problem calling it as I see it, her or in real life - and I think the people from here that have met me would agree.

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 04:16 PM
FWIW, of all the people I've met from here that were even slightly different from their online "persona" was Redrum.

I remember Phobia had a BBQ back in either 2006 or 2007, and I remember RR being worried that someone might kick his ass for the shit he's pulled here.

He showed, and nothing, and I mean nothing came of it, at least that I know of.

Then again, there's a difference between calling someone a dumbass when they are being a dumbass and pulling the shit he's pulled.

Bowser
06-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Wasn't there some jackass trying to act all puffed up towards Bugeater on here before the bash last year?

Hammock Parties
06-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm going to start saying positive things about Matt Cassel and Scott Pioli at this year's bash to test Warpath's theory. I won't say anything about Tyson Jackson though, because he might hit me.

Bowser
06-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm going to start saying positive things about Matt Cassel and Scott Pioli at this year's bash to test Warpath's theory. I won't say anything about Tyson Jackson though, because he might hit me.OTWP will go all Al Swearengen on you -

"The next cocksucker that doesn't step out onto the deck to say something nice about Cassel or Pioli is going to go OVER the deck....."

RNR
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
FWIW, of all the people I've met from here that were even slightly different from their online "persona" was Redrum.

I remember Phobia had a BBQ back in either 2006 or 2007, and I remember RR being worried that someone might kick his ass for the shit he's pulled here.

Then again, there's a difference between calling someone a dumbass when they are being a dumbass and pulling the shit he's pulled.

Are you talking about RaidersRock? I always wondered what he was like in the real world. I have met a handful of people that post here or used to. They have all been good people~

Bugeater
06-05-2010, 04:47 PM

He was acting somewhat civilized on the board at that time, but with the way he's acted since then, he is one person I could see having issues if he had showed up to a subsequent Planet event.

Wasn't there some jackass trying to act all puffed up towards Bugeater on here before the bash last year?
That was our village idiot who is currently running around with the username Letssignrussell.

Pants
06-05-2010, 04:48 PM
That was our village idiot who is currently running around with the username Letssignrussell.

Who is it? Blueballs?

TrickyNicky
06-05-2010, 04:48 PM
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Do you foresee any problems with me showing up Bug?

Bowser
06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

LMAO

Bugeater
06-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Who is it? Blueballs?
He was chiefbowe at the time, now he's this guy:
Do you foresee any problems with me showing up Bug?

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 04:52 PM
err I have never gone by the name blueballs

RNR
06-05-2010, 04:56 PM
He was chiefbowe at the time, now he's this guy:

The guy is a trip he left some stupid message for me and I left one telling him to f&ck off and then he leaves another saying Go Raiders. I don't the guy is right in the head. I don't think I have ever talked with him before~

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 04:58 PM
The guy is a trip he left some stupid message for me and I left one telling him to f&ck off and then he leaves another saying Go Raiders. I don't think the guy is right in the head. I don't think I have ever talked with him before.

FYP

Bugeater
06-05-2010, 04:59 PM
The guy is a trip he left some stupid message for me and I left one telling him to f&ck off and then he leaves another saying Go Raiders. I don't the guy is right in the head. I don't think I have ever talked with him before~
Yeah, he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

:clap: this

Bowser
06-05-2010, 05:00 PM
err I have never gone by the name blueballs

How about Marlboro Chief? Ever used that one?

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
How about Marlboro Chief? Ever used that one?

negative. chiefbowe82, kc_chiefs_06, kc_chiefs_09, chiefsplanet21, luvs_bugs, letssignrussell to name a few..

bevischief
06-05-2010, 05:04 PM
negative. chiefbowe82, kc_chiefs_06, kc_chiefs_09, chiefsplanet21, luvs_bugs, letssignrussell to name a few..

And you haven't been IP banned yet?

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 05:06 PM
And you haven't been IP banned yet?

I've had every infraction.

RNR
06-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I've had every infraction.

So what is your deal? I am serious why do you hang out and try to piss people off? I just do not understand, if I did not like most of the people here I would not come here~

LetsSignRussell
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
So what is your deal? I am serious why do you hang out and try to piss people off? I just do not understand, if I did not like most of the people here I would not come here~

my infractions have come from making/bumping threads.

RJ
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM

Oh, and if you don't like my views, go **** yourself.

I'm almost positive we talked about internet incivilty before Obama was in office.

RNR
06-05-2010, 05:17 PM
my infractions have come from making/bumping threads.

Whatever as long as you are friendly to me I will act in kind~

Gonzo
06-05-2010, 05:19 PM
I behave pretty much the same here as I do IRL. The one exception being that when I neg rep you in person, your anus bleeds for days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Useful Idiot
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
words on a screen.

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm going to start saying positive things about Matt Cassel and Scott Pioli at this year's bash to test Warpath's theory. I won't say anything about Tyson Jackson though, because he might hit me.

OTWP will go all Al Swearengen on you -

"The next cocksucker that doesn't step out onto the deck to say something nice about Cassel or Pioli is going to go OVER the deck....."

LMAO

Well, there are a handful of things you could say about Pioli by then that wouldn't be stupid enough to call you a fuckstick to your face.

Cassel, OTOH....

Not to mention, you and I would just laugh literally anything said off anyway.

Tribal Warfare
06-05-2010, 06:01 PM

Just like the ways Cassel is the totally awesome savior of team,Or just sucks so hard that it makes french prostitutes blush. But watch out you might be making it up as a rebuttal.

redsurfer11
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
So this isn't anything to your personally, just using your remarks here as an example.

Imagine being around the office or at a party at a friends house, and you are among a mix of people you know and don't know. And imagine if someone raised a relatively thoughtful, sincere, and generally interesting question for discussion.

The likelihood that it would almost instantly turn into a string of snarky remarks, (sarcastic) insults and someone playing out the same joke again and again... is almost zero. The chance that something like that happens with the same question here on CP is upwards of 100%.

Guess you've never been to Jersey.

Ebolapox
06-05-2010, 06:58 PM
eh, admittedly I'm slightly more of a smartass (though I'm quite the smartass offline as well) and a bit more quick to call dipshittery out online. I'm pretty much how I am offline--I can be one of the nicest guys in the world, but there's a part of me that's arrogant and completely sarcastic. I normally keep that part bottled up offline (except to those in my inner circle), so I guess maybe there is a bit to this idea. I can buy the fact that one's online persona is their id coming out a bit.

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 07:40 PM
ROFL

That would make for a hell of an interesting tailgate. The one tailgate I went to for a game in San Deigo, it was not remotely like ChiefsPlanet. Mostly a few people standing around unsure how to relate to each other, occasionally finding some random topic to Chiefs-related topic to discuss.

Agree there. On line before a game a few years ago, Much mention was made about stopping by (I believe it was A-4) and introduce my self and my hubby and grab a beer. We trekked out there and introduced ourselves and it felt like we were intruding so we stayed about 2 minutes.

BUT at the bash when we all were on the Star board we all bowled and then went to Station Casino and had dinner. It was AWESOME

RNR
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
eh, admittedly I'm slightly more of a smartass (though I'm quite the smartass offline as well) and a bit more quick to call dipshittery out online. I'm pretty much how I am offline--I can be one of the nicest guys in the world, but there's a part of me that's arrogant and completely sarcastic. I normally keep that part bottled up offline (except to those in my inner circle), so I guess maybe there is a bit to this idea. I can buy the fact that one's online persona is their id coming out a bit.

I am the same online as I am in person and I think if you talked to those that have met me from here they would agree~

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I think we are all a bit freer online than we would be in person.

I know I bore some with some times of what I post, but I need a venting place because I can't vent at home, hubby is just as upset about this illness as I am and the hospital stays scared the holy hell out of him. If I vent to him, he really gets upset. So we keep strong for each other...I vent here.

If in person tho if anyone askes me how I am doing, I usually just say fine unless they ask specific questions like "how sick did Chemo make you" I would give them a short answer and move on...

BUT on here, I have the ability to vent, and actually get some great advice and yes some ribbing, but that ribbing helps take my mind off the situation.

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I am the same online as I am in person and I think if you talked to those that have met me from here they would agree~

Hey RNR...we need to have a du dah get together this year!

Tribal Warfare
06-05-2010, 07:58 PM

Same here

RNR
06-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey RNR...we need to have a du dah get together this year!

We did that a few years back with some people from the planet. Gaz, Zebdious(sp) RedandFiesty and a few others where there. It was fun~

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 08:16 PM
We did that a few years back with some people from the planet. Gaz, Zebdious(sp) RedandFiesty and a few others where there. It was fun~

Lets plan one!!! Coach's on Rock is a good place to watch a game?

RNR
06-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Lets plan one!!! Coach's on Rock is a good place to watch a game?

Once the season is close throw a thread up. I might be in NC by then tho~

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Om\nce the season is close throw a thread up. I might be in NC by then tho~

You are moving?

mikeyis4dcats.
06-05-2010, 08:25 PM
my name is Clayton Wendler, and you can kiss my fucking ass!

RNR
06-05-2010, 08:25 PM
You are moving?

I have a job offer 50/50 right now~

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I have a job offer 50/50 right now~

That is awesome. Has the mess at Boeing/Spirit affected you?

bevischief
06-05-2010, 08:40 PM
my name is Clayton Wendler, and you can kiss my ****ing ass!

:banghead:

RNR
06-05-2010, 08:44 PM
That is awesome. Has the mess at Boeing/Spirit affected you?

No the offer is from Spirit. They are chumping the Carolina guys paying the cheap. I told them a number to relocate and help them get the thing off the ground~

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 08:46 PM
No the offer is from Spirit. They are chumping the Carolina guys paying the cheap. I told them a number to relocate and help them get the thing off the ground~

aw got ya. Well I hope things turn out the way you want them to

teedubya
06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Fuck you dumb mother fucking monkeys. Wow. I like my newly found online aggression!! Thanks CP fuckers!

RedNFeisty
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Yep, pretty much, with RnR, you get what you see!!

I'm not to different in person either, I'm loud, I'm passionate, I'm loud, I'm opinionated, I'm loud. If you don't like it, go fuck yourself!!

:D

Frazod
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
There's two kinds of people here, and only two: those who interact with other members in person, and those who don't.

It's easy for the ones who don't to say whatever they want, since they'll never put themselves in a position to be held accountable in real life.

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Yep, pretty much, with RnR, you get what you see!!

I'm not to different in person either, I'm loud, I'm passionate, I'm loud, I'm opinionated, I'm loud....:D

you up for a get together this season? Maybe at Coach's on Rock Road?

RedNFeisty
06-05-2010, 09:01 PM
There's two kinds of people here, and only two: those who interact with other members in person, and those who don't.

It's easy for the ones who don't to say whatever they want, since they'll never put themselves in a position to be held accountable in real life.

What are you trying to say??

RedNFeisty
06-05-2010, 09:05 PM
you up for a get together this season? Maybe at Coach's on Rock Road?

Certainly, I say why wait!! Are there still Wichita members other then us? Is Saul still in Wichita? Slag, I think is from Wichita. Gaz, was, but he is never around anymore. I know I am forgetting a few. You would need to just post a thread a few weeks in advance of when you are wanting to meet up!!

Gracie Dean
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Certainly, I say why wait!! Are there still Wichita members other then us? Is Saul still in Wichita? Slag, I think is from Wichita. Gaz, was, but he is never around anymore. I know I am forgetting a few. You would need to just post a thread a few weeks in advance of when you are wanting to meet up!!

sounds good!

RNR
06-05-2010, 09:19 PM
What are you trying to say??

What he is saying is he like me and you have met people in person. I have talked with some clowns on here as has he who hide behind a keyboard and talk all tough but would never dream of being face to face with someone they talked tough to~

RedNFeisty
06-05-2010, 09:24 PM
What he is saying is he like me and you have met people in person. I have talked with some clowns on here as has he who hide behind a keyboard and talk all tough but would never dream of being face to face with someone they talked tough to~

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense now. You know me and my little brain, I don't always get it!!

RNR
06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Ah, gotcha. Makes sense now. You know me and my little brain, I don't always get it!!

Aw don't play coy with me, if I was a handful of years younger I would chase you around the block ;)

RedNFeisty
06-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Aw don't play coy with me, if I was a handful of years younger I would chase you around the block ;)

Promises, promises!!

Me coy, no way!! :D

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 10:21 PM

And those of us that do say things are still willing to show.

Shit, the guys like myself, you, Milkman, Pest, Deez, etc - the guys that don't put up with bullshit going unchecked are the guys I really want to meet.

Really, I've looked forward to every CP function I've attended, and never walked away not liking someone.

Frazod
06-05-2010, 10:27 PM
And those of us that do say things are still willing to show.

Shit, the guys like myself, you, Milkman, Pest, Deez, etc - the guys that don't put up with bullshit going unchecked are the guys I really want to meet.

Really, I've looked forward to every CP function I've attended, and never walked away not liking someone.

Have we met? I haven't been to a gathering in a few years, so forgive me if we have. Getting old/many lost brain cells.

OnTheWarpath15
06-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Have we met? I haven't been to a gathering in a few years, so forgive me if we have. Getting old/many lost brain cells.

Nope. We've come close twice.

Once in KC and once we were thinking about meeting at a Cards game you were in town for, and the client gave me tickets to the following night's game.

Looking forward to it, however. Hopefully it's at Joe's this year.

LetsSignRussell
06-06-2010, 12:29 AM
stevieray is viewing this thread

Baby Lee
06-06-2010, 05:37 AM
I am exponentially more blunt and verbose here than I am IRL, but I believe the things I write, and am thinking them IRL if the issues come up. Mostly a function of associating myself IRL much more with people with whom I disagree politically but share much more in common socially. Think of it this way, for all my views, you'd catch me sharing a brew with Bill Clinton on his deck 1000 times for every single time I'd be hanging out with Newt Gingrich, given equal opportunity to hang out with either. We just wouldn't talk politics. Same given a chance to play poker with Tim Robbins or go around being badass with Chuck Norris.

Rausch
06-06-2010, 07:07 AM
I used my real name on here for years and back then I was much less civil...

RNR
06-06-2010, 09:16 AM
I used my real name on here for years and back then I was much less civil...

Yeah but nobody messed with you...we know how mean Germans get when they are drinking~