PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs-Rams Dec 19th: Help from St. Louis Chiefs Fans

gblowfish
06-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I've been talking to a couple of my buds about doing an Amtrak Roadie to St. Louis for Chiefs at Rams on Dec 19th.

I can't imagine that tickets would be a problem. We plan to take Amtrak from Lee's Summit to Downtown STL ($52 round trip) stay Sat, game Sun, home Monday.

What would be your advice on tickets? Buy when seats go on sale in August to get a decent ticket, or wait until right before the game because Rams will be sucking it again by Mid-December?

Last time I stayed in downtown I was at the Crowne Plaza a couple blocks from Busch Stadium. I've stayed in the Milennium before (the one shaped like a big beer can). Any other hotels I should consider?

Any of you other CPers considering a St. Louis Roadie in December?

CoMoChief
06-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I would imagine that you wouldn't have trouble buying tickets a few days before the game. It's hard to imagine the Rams being remotely close to competitive this season, especially so late in the season when they've probably been mathematically knocked out of playoff contention weeks before that.

gblowfish
06-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I would imagine that you wouldn't have trouble buying tickets a few days before the game. It's hard to imagine the Rams being remotely close to competitive this season, especially so late in the season when they've probably been mathematically knocked out of playoff contention weeks before that.

I was thinking the same, but its a little scary to plan a weekend and not already have tickets in hand. I think Bradford will get killed by week 8.

Of course, Chiefs may be 3-9 by then, so it may be a ghost town in the "whatever my corporate sponsor name is this year" dome.

Should be a fun time anyway. Won't have to drive anywhere, party like pigs and hopefully see the Chiefs will a road game.

DeezNutz
06-06-2010, 12:21 PM

Obviously you need to buy well in advance.

CoMoChief
06-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Obviously you need to buy well in advance.

Glad to see you're the only one on CP that thinks the Rams will be good this season.

crazycoffey
06-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I should be back by then, would love to share a beer and maybe attend the game.

OnTheWarpath15
06-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Unless they shock the world, tickets will be NO problem.

I have a buddy who has season tickets, and pretty good ones at that, and he's never been able to get more than $20 per for games he couldn't make or had extras to.

Last year, when he had extras, he just looked for a father-son looking for tickets and gave them away.

So unless you see some ridiculous deal on Stubhub or Craigslist, I'd wait at least until late November, if not week of game.

And I'd be MORE than happy to help secure you some tickets if I can since I live here, it's the least I can do after you allowed Coffey and I to use your seats. Just tell me how many, and remind me later in the season, and I promise to do my best.

On to travel/hotel:

Have you taken Amtrak before? I gave them a 2nd chance on the STL-KC route, and I won't be giving them a 3rd. 6+ hours each direction, constant stops, and God forbid if one/some of the bathrooms are inoperable. I'd just drive, but that's me. Plus, driving gets you home to sleep in your own bed Sunday night, and saves you a night of hotel costs - or allows you to come in Friday night and enjoy Saturday around town. Plus having a car allows you to see/do more, and doesn't limit your hotel choices. Like I said, it's just me. Then again, I've made the trip so many times when I had Chiefs season tickets that I can almost do it in my sleep.

Hotels:

Depends on what you're looking for, and price range. I used to be a travel agent, I'll find you a deal. Just need to know what is important to you regarding location to stadium, amenities, how many rooms/beds and price range. There are no fewer than 10 hotels within a half-mile of the dome, probably ranging in price from $75-200.

I'll do anything to help, just shoot me a PM.

OnTheWarpath15
06-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I should be back by then, would love to share a beer and maybe attend the game.

I know Scott (fantasy football) and I are planning on going down day of game to "tailgate" and find tickets. You're more than welcome, if not downright expected to join us if you're back.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Yup im going with a few others to this game as well

BarrySPAMAID
06-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Tickets will be no problem. I will be hosting a big tailgate too for Chief fans like I normally do when KC comes to the Lou. I live right outside of Saint Louis, and I take it VERY seriously when my team comes to Saint Louis. This is a game I expect the Chiefs to win, and it's going to be a fun day. Hit me up if you want to come hang out at out Tailgate. Everyone will be spoiled who attends.

gblowfish
06-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks all. Good advice, and I'll check in with y'all as the date comes nearer.
On the Amtrak thing: Yeah, I know it can be a pain. I have a buddy who's ridden it within the last three months, and he says the service and timetable has been much better. We didn't want to drive, because nobody wants to be not drinking.

And I've been to St. Louis many times, so don't care much about sight seeing. I've seen it all pretty much.

Also, since its going to be December 19th, plan to stay indoors anyway.