PDA

View Full Version : Life VASECTOMY

BIG K
06-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Ok, Who's had one? What was your experience? Casual and painless or, did you want to rip the heart out of the doctor causing you so much pain? Scheduled for the snip on July 9........Thoughts?

DMAC
06-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok, Who's had one? What was your experience? Casual and painless or, did you want to rip the heart out of the doctor causing you so much pain? Scheduled for the snip on July 9........Thoughts?

Dont go to Dr. Nick.

ClevelandBronco
06-07-2010, 09:40 PM
You're going to be sorry you asked.

Bugeater
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Pain, pain, blood, pain and more pain. Excruciating pain.

LetsSignRussell
06-07-2010, 09:43 PM
it's a living hell

DMAC
06-07-2010, 09:44 PM
They uncircumsize you...yeah, theres a whole lot you dont know.

BIG K
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
They uncircumsize you...yeah, theres a whole lot you dont know.

COOL! I want and NEED those two inches back! :)

CanadaKC
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
ask tim tebow about his vaginamy

BIG K
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Pain, pain, blood, pain and more pain. Excruciating pain.

I can deal with that. The doctor told me that after the procedure, to lay on the couch for two days, with an ice chest full of beer and make the woman who asked for me to have this procedure to make me dinner!:D

milkman
COOL! I want and NEED those two inches back! :)

Yeah, that's what she said.

denwilmay
hurt, felt cut and snip, but mine was done in Navy hospital with about 12 guys lined up for one right after the other. doctor didn't wait long enough for pain medicine to take hold. assembly line style.

BIG K
06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah, that's what she said.

Yup!:D

OnTheWarpath15
06-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I can deal with that. The doctor told me that after the procedure, to lay on the couch for two days, with an ice chest full of beer and make the woman who asked for me to have this procedure to make me dinner!:D

You don't do that now?

WTF are you married for?

L.A. Chieffan
06-07-2010, 10:07 PM
not that bad. balls are a little sore afterwards for a couple of days. plan on sitting on the couch with bags of frozen peas on your nuts for a while.

all worth while once your good again.

BIG K
06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
You don't do that now?

WTF are you married for?

Don't usually sit in front of the tv with an ice chest full of beer, that will be pretty cool though. Trust me my friend, she does all types of other things that warrant her existence!:evil:

L.A. Chieffan
06-07-2010, 10:11 PM

i was the one that wanted to do it, she keeps asking me to reverse it and i laugh laugh

Gracie Dean
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Didn't you just get married?

Lzen
06-07-2010, 10:25 PM
For me, the biggest pain is when that needle goes in to numb your area down there. As I recall, he had to poke a few times around there. The actual procedure after that (after a few minutes when I was numb) was pretty simple. Kinda weird but no big deal

A lot of guys say they were able to get back to work a couple days later. Piss on that. I hurt for days and I even had to call and ask the doc to refill the pain killer prescription. After 10 days, I was getting back to normal.

Like others have said, just sit around with a bag of frozen peas and drink beer. You'll be fine in no time. Of course, there are those rare cases where your balls swell up the size of grapefruits and you're in excruciating pain. Hope you aren't one of those. ;)

wutamess
06-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Here's my blog entry from last year concerning mine... (http://www.rapiddebtloss.com/blog/2009/04/29/vasectomies-tube-tieings-and-historectomies-are-on-the-rise/)

Yup.

This is one of those articles that should have no place in a financial freedom blog.

Let’s be honest. Who am I kdding?

There’s a reason I haven’t been one of those success stories I constantly read about. You know the one, (The typical Dave Ramsey caller just sending in their last mortgage payment and get to yell “I’M DEBT FREE!!!” with some idiot named Jimbo in the background). I Loathe to become “Jimbo”.

Or do I?

How is it I can hear the background so clearly in their household? And how did they pay off $120K in mortgage debt in five years while only bringing home $60K/year between them? I started thinking about the difference between me and them and quickly realized that the reason that their background is so quiet is because of the absense of kids.

Now, I’m probably an atypical parent that makes jokes about kids being worrisome or being around. Truth is, I’d be lost without them. I have a great nuclear family and couldn’t /wouldn’t ask for anything more out of what the wifey and I have made. Having said that, we currently have 4.7 to be exact (one due in July) so there has to be an end to this madness somewhere right?

RIGHT! On April 10th, 2009. I sat down on the Dr. Teitjan’s slab in Lee’s Summit, MO and did the unthinkable/most femenizing thing a man could do…

I GOT SNIPPED!

Not only did I get snipped. Teitjan had problems finding my left vas deferens and poked and prodded for 20 minutes too long causing post operative complications. It’s not his fault my vas defrens was retracted further than normal so I blame him for nothing. However that doesn’t stop the hemotoma I’ve now developed immediately afterwards because of the complications.

So as I’m typing this article almost 3 weeks to the day later, I have a hard lump the size of a egg in my scrotum. It’s not as bad as it sounds and Teitjan says it should go down after several weeks while the body slowly absorbs it.

Now enough about my castration. Back to Jimbo in the background. Jimbo is able to pay his mortgage down so quickly because he doesn’t have the pleasure of paying for $80/month gymnastic classes, $250 for softball registrations, $640-$1400/month in daycare (when the wife was working), $1000 Christmases, $80 every time a violin string gets severed. I stopped there but that doesn’t include the co-pays and extra money we have to pay for health care costs for the kids.

Sounds like I’m bitching about my predicament with the kids. Trust me, I’m not. I love my life and the challenges that present themselves. The kids keep the wife and I young, entertained, and constantly appreciative.

So while I’d love to have that paid off mortgage in the next five years, I’m going to have to cut back on my intensity towards my goal because our family is evolving at the moment. We’ll eventually get there, but I’ve come to understand that Rome wasn’t built in a day (we’re only 32) and sometimes it’s just not in the cards.

The reason I’m writing this is because even though I can get preachy/demanding towards my goal, I have to realize that my goal is to really be healthy and fit for my kids for as long as I can. I’ve always realized it and have never put the kids or my family second. I just felt I needed to say it loud in case some of you may have forgotten.

Having had this cum-bah-yah moment… we still need to get to work on our secondary goal on becoming debt free so having kids doesn’t let us off the hook.

BIG K
06-07-2010, 10:39 PM
For me, the biggest pain is when that needle goes in to numb your area down there. As I recall, he had to poke a few times around there. The actual procedure after that (after a few minutes when I was numb) was pretty simple. Kinda weird but no big deal

A lot of guys say they were able to get back to work a couple days later. Piss on that. I hurt for days and I even had to call and ask the doc to refill the pain killer prescription. After 10 days, I was getting back to normal.

Like others have said, just sit around with a bag of frozen peas and drink beer. You'll be fine in no time. Of course, there are those rare cases where your balls swell up the size of grapefruits and you're in excruciating pain. Hope you aren't one of those. ;)

The doc told me that I would receive a local via I.V before he hit me with that...I dunno. I think he is full of shit......I have one alergic reaction, and that is pain. I told him that if he hurt me, I would be back in two weeks to hurt him! :)

LetsSignRussell
06-07-2010, 10:41 PM
i never had a VASECTOMY

BIG K
06-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Didn't you just get married?

True. You have to remember though, I had my kid 11 years ago. Fast forward through a wife's death, and then married again, I am just old and too tired, you know?:)

CrazyPhuD
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
i never had a VASECTOMY

No but we wish your dad had.....

T-post Tom
06-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Just don't get that Korean doctor that just set foot in this country:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHJsGNs3wdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHJsGNs3wdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HotRoute
06-08-2010, 12:33 AM
my dog just got fixed and at least you dont have to go that route . . .. ouch he now looks at me like ok where the hell did they go?? no but seriously could be worse than just a snip, they could be there one day and then gone the next. i still feel bad about that

Radar Chief
06-08-2010, 06:56 AM
The procedure itself wasn’t bad but the boys swelled up and hung low for a week afterward, and let me tell you I was moving slow at that point.

Old Dog
06-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Mohillbilly probably did his own with a rusty steak knife.

Mojo Jojo
06-08-2010, 07:09 AM
My advice from mine....buy several bags of cheap frozen peas...it really does work.
Also, better timing. I did mine early in the morning the Thursday of the NCAA Tourney. I got to spend the weekend on the couch watching B-Ball, and being served by the wife, and she couldn't complain.

RJ
06-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Make sure to wear a tuxedo.

Cause if you want to be impotent......

You have to look impotent.

Heh, I love that joke.

Radar Chief
06-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Make sure to wear a tuxedo.

Cause if you want to be impotent......

You have to look impotent.

Heh, I love that joke.

Heh.

1adam1238
06-08-2010, 07:16 AM
I had one when I was 27 years old. Already had two sons. It was a lil hurtful, but did not last. It was the best thing I ever did. I divorced a couple of years later and have had a blast...literally. Not having the problem of knocking up another woman has been great. Would do it all over again.

Chief Henry
06-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Got one of those about 2 years ago, this month I believe...Some soarness but nothing
bad. I noticed pea size swelling for several weeks. That are will be tender for a couple of weeks. My wife was on the pill for 20 plus years and it was NOT healthy for her to continue taking it.

Frosty
06-08-2010, 07:21 AM
One of the shots really hurt but other than that, it was no big deal. I was only laid up for a couple of days, though I milked it a little longer than that. :)

They tell you to wait to have sex for a while and there is good reason, as I found out. :eek:

Otter
06-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Something doesn't seem natural about keeping all my boys trapped in there forever.

Have you discussed butt sex and blow jobs?

ChiefsFanatic
06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
The second side hurt twice as bad as the first, but my Doc said he quit telling his patients about it hurting worse because they kept stopping half way through.

stumppy
06-08-2010, 07:29 AM
It wasn't too bad. The worst part was jogging home from the Dr.s office afterwards.

BIG K
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I appreciate all the input, especially from those who have not had it done!:) I am on a GO path for this. Especially since my doctor ordered me to lay on the coach and do nothing but drink beer and put frozen peas on the 'boys'.........

teedubya
06-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I learned how to control the ejaculate... and cum when I want... or sometimes not at all. No need to get the boys snipped.

I may want a new host for my DNA if this marriage doesn't work out. LOL.

Mr. Laz
06-10-2010, 08:36 PM
you'll have to change your name to little k now

BIG K
06-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I learned how to control the ejaculate... and cum when I want... or sometimes not at all. No need to get the boys snipped.

I may want a new host for my DNA if this marriage doesn't work out. LOL.

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt to boost.! More of the wife afraid to punch out a kid, me too actually. I turned 40 last month, time to play it extra safe......I am waaay to old to raise a kid. Not Milkman old but, old nonetheless....:)

"Bob" Dobbs
06-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Just picture a couple of tiny little NUTHOOKS!

(That should always be capitalized, right?)

LetsSignRussell
06-10-2010, 10:42 PM
how did it go

Gracie Dean
06-10-2010, 11:09 PM
how did it go

he says it is scheduled for July 9

bevischief
06-11-2010, 05:36 AM
It wasn't too bad. The worst part was jogging home from the Dr.s office afterwards.

ROFL

bevischief
06-11-2010, 05:37 AM
he says it is scheduled for July 9

ROFL

boogblaster
06-11-2010, 08:40 AM
say goodbye too your littl' friend

threebag
06-11-2010, 09:13 AM
If you decide against it, suckapoo will gladly handle the first round of swimmers lessening the chance for insemination.

BIG K
07-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Okay, it is happening tomorrow. Any last words? :)

luv
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM

What are you doing on here? Go have sex with your wife.

Lumpy
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM

Balls. Penis.

Good luck! :thumb:

Gracie Dean
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
You will be fine.

Simply Red
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
JUST. SAY. ....... NO.

RedNFeisty
07-09-2010, 12:59 AM
It will be painless, you won't even realize it has started or when it is over. :thumb:

listopencil
07-09-2010, 01:16 AM
It will be painless, you won't even realize it has started or when it is over. :thumb:

Bullshit. I love you Red, but bullshit.

Big k- here's a big hint. If they offer you a pill to calm you down, TAKE THE FUCKING PILL. In fact get wasted before you go in if the doctor will let you. MY doctor took extra time digging around in there finding the tubes so the pain meds wore off before he was done. Not good. Not fucking good at all. So take the pill to relax and just get it over with quickly. You'll be glad you did.

listopencil
07-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Aw man I'm too late. The poor bastard.

Mile High Mania
07-09-2010, 05:20 AM
As long as the doctor is good - shouldn't be a big deal at all. Just stay off your feet for 48 hours and take it easy.

ArrowheadHawk
07-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Frozen Peas FTW!

Radar Chief
07-09-2010, 08:16 AM

Hope you took several days off next week.
Took me almost a week to function properly again.