PDA

View Full Version : Life Think you have bad luck with women?

Hammock Parties
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM
How about having GOD strike the girl you're pursuing DEAD just as you're about to make her yours?

PWNED.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/06/08/2010-06-08_bethany_lott_struck_by_lightning_moments_before_boyfriend_richard_butler_was_to_.html

Bethany Lott struck by lightning, moments before boyfriend Richard Butler was to propose

He never got to pop the question.

Richard Butler was hiking up a North Carolina mountain with girlfriend Bethany Lott - and an engagement ring in his pocket - when lightning struck.

"God, baby, look how beautiful it is," Lott said of the mountain vista just before the bolt hit her.

Those turned out to be her last words.

Butler, who was also hit, said "everything went black" and when he opened his eyes again "she was laying a few feet away."

"I crawled to her," he told the Asheville Citizen Times newspaper. "I did CPR for probably 15 minutes, and the whole time was trying her cell phone, but I couldn't get anything out."

Later, when the paramedics arrived, a badly burned Butler used what remained of his strength to perform one last act of love.

"I put the ring on her finger while the EMTs were working on her," he told the newspaper. "They are listing me as her fiancé in the obituaries."

Butler, 30, and Lott, 25, both of Knoxville, Tenn., had set off for the summit of Max Patch Bald on Friday when it started to rain.

"I picked that spot because she actually said she would like to get married there," Butler told a local TV station. "She absolutely loved the outdoors."

And Lott was not deterred by the stormy weather.

"She hiked thousands of miles and spent a couple of years in Utah just hiking," Butler's mother, Janet Delaney, said.

Then lightning bolts creased the sky, and one of them hit the lovebirds.

"I was spun 180 degrees and thrown several feet back," Butler said. "My legs turned to Jell-o, my shoes were smoking, and the bottom of my feet felt like they were on fire."

Another Knoxville couple raced over and also tried to revive the doomed hiker.

"They stood on the top of the hill doing what they could for probably 20 minutes until the rescuers got there," said Butler, who suffered third-degree burns.

But there was no saving Lott, who was to be buried at a Tennessee cemetery on Tuesday with a view of the mountains she loved in the distance.

On his blog, Butler called himself "the luckiest man alive."

"I was given a life with the most amazing woman in the world," he wrote Tuesday. "I was loved more completely than I ever dreamed possible."

Lott may be gone, the grieving would-be groom wrote, but "I have gained a constant companion in the wind."

Pablo
06-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Sad story brah.

tooge
06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
one last act of love. I stopped reading. Did he nail her?

Pablo
06-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Butler tried playing thunderstruck on her iPod but rock and roll recessitation was unsuccessful.

Rain Man
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
God was probably her ex-boyfriend and was stalking her.

L.A. Chieffan
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
what a shocking story

DMAC
06-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Here babe, hold this umbrella while I dig in my pocket.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM
God did him one big ass favor !!!!!

Sofa King
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Poor guy... the 1 guy in the world who didn't want his significant other struck by lightning....

Pablo
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
So sad.

He didn't even get the chance to take out a life insurance policy on her.

Gonzo
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Their relationship was electric.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Poor guy... the 1 guy in the world who didn't want his significant other struck by lightning....

Yet !

loochy
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
...it's so sad that their relationship ended so soon...they just seemed to have that "spark"

Rain Man
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
...it's so sad that their relationship ended so soon...they just seemed to have that "spark"

I'm not sure it would have worked out in the long run, though, because she wasn't really well-grounded.

Gonzo
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
He really had to get "amped up" to pop the question.
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58
06-10-2010, 04:35 PM
She didn't even become suspicious when he put that antenna sticking out the top of her backpack.

Fish
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
He put the ring on her after she was dead and smoldering?

Man, that's just creepy as fuck....

Pablo
06-10-2010, 04:46 PM
He put the ring on her after she was dead and smoldering?

Man, that's just creepy as ****....No shit, he could have returned that shit and bought at least two hookers and a ball of coke.

That's how I prefer to get over the death of a loved one.

Fish
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
No shit, he could have returned that shit and bought at least two hookers and a ball of coke.

That's how I prefer to get over the death of a loved one.

Easily justifiable...

salame
06-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Butler tried playing thunderstruck on her iPod but rock and roll recessitation was unsuccessful.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/17/128817916303102366.jpg

bevischief
06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Heard about this at 5am this morning...

sad...