PDA

View Full Version : Royals MLB All Star Game in KC

alpha_omega
06-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Excellent! Hope i can get a ticket...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CDAVIDS%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C05%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0pt; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0pt 5.4pt 0pt 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0pt; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-mlb-all-star-game-kansas-city-061110,0,5445379.story

KANSAS CITY - Sources have confirmed to FOX 4 that the site of the MLB All-Star game in 2012 will be in Kansas City. Toby Cook with the Royals confirmed that MLB commissioner Bud Selig will be in Kansas City on June 16 for a "major announcement" at Kauffman Stadium before the Royals vs. Astros game that night.

Cook said the gates will open at 4:30 p.m. that night so fans who have tickets can come in and watch the announcement. Mayor Mark Funkhouser is also expected to be in attendance for the announcement.

The last time it was played in Kansas City was in 1973. It was also played at old Municipal Stadium in 1960.

MoreLemonPledge
06-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Great for the city. I'd love to go, but I'm sure my employer will make everybody work that whole week.

CHENZ A!
06-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm fucking there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
06-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Ken Harvey at first base

MoreLemonPledge
06-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Best part is that we might actually have a competitive team in 2012, so we may be able to see more than just Greinke or Soria or Butler at the game.

Fish
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm totally there... and the Homerun Derby........

CrazyPhuD
06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Sweet great for KC...the 2012 All Star game AND the 2012 Big12 Championships! Things are looking up!

Stinger
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Alright, a meaningful game in KC after June ...............

I keed I keed
:D :D

Congrats on snagging the All-Star Game

blaise
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I lived in Houston when they had it there. I didn't go though. It's definitely cool, but it kind of comes and goes in a hurry. I think the fans got more from the Home Run Derby.

Marco Polo
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I live in St. Louis, where we had the game last year. I lived downtown and the whole area was just electric. The Playboy part was pretty fun, too!

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2010, 12:01 PM
I went to both the game and the HR Derby last year in STL.

It's an awesome experience, but be prepared to pay. Tickets are EXPENSIVE.

We paid face value to go to the Derby, and were given tickets to the game by a client.

Field level, face value: $235. Per ticket.

CaliforniaChief
06-11-2010, 12:04 PM
The timing of this is perfect. With the talent emerging from the minors, 2012 could be a year where the Royals are somewhat exciting to watch anyways...and then add the AS Game...looking forward to it!

BigMeatballDave
06-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Sweet great for KC...the 2012 All Star game AND the 2012 Big12 Championships! Things are looking up!I refuse to acknowledge something that no longer exists...:)

BigMeatballDave
06-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I need to start saving for this. Awesome news!

CoMoChief
06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Sweet. I went to the HR Derby in Chicago(White Sox) a few yrs back. VERY fun.

Wanted to go to the STL one but those sold out before I even knew they went on sale.

I WILL go to this one. That's for damn sure.

eazyb81
06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I live in St. Louis, where we had the game last year. I lived downtown and the whole area was just electric. The Playboy part was pretty fun, too!

The Taco Bell across the street will be BUMPIN before this one!

Jenson71
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Great to hear, KC.

blaise
06-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I think the stadium itself will show well. I know Keitzman says stuff like it's the "O-K", but as far as I'm concerned, once you're inside it's nice as any of the other 6 or 7 stadiums I've been to. Better than most, really. Camden Yards is the only one I've been too that I thought was better and that's because of the backdrop of the buildings mostly.

kstater
06-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Sweet great for KC...the 2012 All Star game AND the 2012 Big12 Championships! Things are looking up!

Ummm

Chiefs Rool
06-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Best part is that we might actually have a competitive team in 2012, so we may be able to see more than just Greinke or Soria or Butler at the game.

you are delusional if you think any of the 3 will still be here.

Nixhex
06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
The Taco Bell across the street will be BUMPIN before this one!

Just don't be cheap and park your car there and walk into the game. Bad things happen.

ChiTown
06-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Excellent! Hope i can get a ticket...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CDAVIDS%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C05%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0pt; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0pt 5.4pt 0pt 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0pt; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-mlb-all-star-game-kansas-city-061110,0,5445379.story

KANSAS CITY - Sources have confirmed to FOX 4 that the site of the MLB All-Star game in 2012 will be in Kansas City. Toby Cook with the Royals confirmed that MLB commissioner Bud Selig will be in Kansas City on June 16 for a "major announcement" at Kauffman Stadium before the Royals vs. Astros game that night.

Cook said the gates will open at 4:30 p.m. that night so fans who have tickets can come in and watch the announcement. Mayor Mark Funkhouser is also expected to be in attendance for the announcement.

The last time it was played in Kansas City was in 1973. It was also played at old Municipal Stadium in 1960.

That's awesome! I was at that game with my Dad and 3 brothers back in '73

Woot!

sd4chiefs
06-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I went to the All-Star game the last time it was in KC. I think it was 1973. Willy Mays played in it.

"Bob" Dobbs
06-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I went to the All-Star game the last time it was in KC. I think it was 1973. Willy Mays played in it.Me too. So did Brooks Robinson, who was my ultimate hero at the time.

Sure-Oz
I am fucking there, i will ask off now, wow.

petegz28
Ha Ha...suck it, Boston!!!!! You aint' gettin' it...

For those who care or don't know, Boston wanted it because 2012 celebrates the 100th year of their team. Nevermind they just had it a few years ago.

alpha_omega
06-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Ha Ha...suck it, Boston!!!!! You aint' gettin' it...

For those who care or don't know, Boston wanted it because 2012 celebrates the 100th year of their team. Nevermind they just had it a few years ago.

That is excellent!!!!!

joesomebody
06-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I went to both the game and the HR Derby last year in STL.

It's an awesome experience, but be prepared to pay. Tickets are EXPENSIVE.

We paid face value to go to the Derby, and were given tickets to the game by a client.

Field level, face value: $235. Per ticket.Do Royals season ticket holders get a chance to buy them first? I would think so...

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Do Royals season ticket holders get a chance to buy them first? I would think so...

Depends.

In STL, the STH base takes up a good chunk of the stadium.

Just like the Super Bowl, sponsors, MLB execs, etc get a large number of tickets to All Star Weekend - in STL's case, IIRC, there was a lottery among STH's.

I highly doubt that would be the case in KC.

My assumption is that with 30k (guessing) seats left over after taking STH's into account, it won't be an issue.

Getting to stay in your regular season seat? That may be a different issue.

joesomebody
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Depends.

In STL, the STH base takes up a good chunk of the stadium.

Just like the Super Bowl, sponsors, MLB execs, etc get a large number of tickets to All Star Weekend - in STL's case, IIRC, there was a lottery among STH's.

I highly doubt that would be the case in KC.

My assumption is that with 30k (guessing) seats left over after taking STH's into account, it won't be an issue.

Getting to stay in your regular season seat? That may be a different issue.
I'm a current ticket holder, but I'm willing to bet there are a lot of "NEW" season ticket holders for the 2012 season now...

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm a current ticket holder, but I'm willing to bet there are a lot of "NEW" season ticket holders for the 2012 season now...

The lottery in STL was done based on seniority - just like it would be if the Chiefs made the Super Bowl.

The longer you've been a STH, the better your chances.

Sure-Oz
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to get that single game ticket not being a season ticket holder.

OnTheWarpath15
06-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to get that single game ticket not being a season ticket holder.

If it's anything like it was here, I'm guessing very difficult.

We actually lucked out regarding the Derby.

I just happened to log onto the Cardinals website the day of (like 3 hours before) to see if any had been "released" like they sometimes do for regular games in both MLB and the NFL.

I'll be damned if I didn't end up with seats 15 rows back, right behind the dugout.

I immediately called the Cardinals ticket office to confirm the seats were available, and that I hadn't been scammed, and the rest is history.

The rep told me that less than 100 tickets had been returned by State Farm, all in the lower level.

Lucky. But like I said earlier:

Expensive.

Thig Lyfe
06-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I thought we knew this a long time ago?

petegz28
06-11-2010, 06:08 PM
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Ryan LeFebvre has announced twice already during the game tonight that there will be an upcoming special announcment at The K by a special guest. But he cannot say what it is.

The suspense is killing me already

Archie F. Swin
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
WHen will we be getting the NBA all star g.........oh wait

Jenson71
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Okay, I know it's over a year away, but I'm looking forward to this. I plan on taking a week off from whatever the hell I'm doing and going to all the activities. Any recent word or knowledge about tickets, events, etc?

BigMeatballDave
06-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Im gonna start putting money back for This in the Fall.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Hosmer to start at 1B for the AL

ChiTown
06-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Im gonna start putting money back for This in the Fall.

I don't give a shit what this costs, I will be at the K with my two Son's.

whoman69
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Glad to see they've brought the All-Star game back to one of the great parks. It was almost 30 years since the last game there. There was only one game at the old Busch Stadium, in its first full year. I thought it was a travesty they never had the game there after they refurbished back in '92.

OnTheWarpath15
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/kc/ticketing/sth/sth_asg_policies.jsp

The Kansas City Royals are pleased to host the 83rd Major League Baseball All-Star Game scheduled to be played at Kauffman Stadium in July, 2012. Royals Season Ticket Holders will have priority over the general public to purchase All-Star Game and related event tickets.

Priority to purchase tickets for the 2012 All-Star Game is based on the following factors:

Size of Season Ticket Plan (i.e. Premium, Full Season, Half Season or 21-Game Plan)
Season Ticket Account longevity (i.e. the number of continuous years a Season Ticket Holder has maintained their Royals Season Ticket account in good standing)
Number of seats held in a Season Ticket Plan
Seating category held in a Season Ticket Plan

Purchasing a Season Ticket Plan today establishes your priority. All Premium, Full & Half Season Ticket Holders will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase the same number of All-Star Game strips as seats on their account*.
Buy Season Tickets To Guarantee Your Priority »

*Same package(s) and number of seats must be renewed for the 2011 & 2012 season for the best priority.
Kansas City Royals Season Ticket Account Policies

Tickets for the 2012 All-Star Week events are required to be sold in full strips only. A strip consists of All-Star related events on Sunday and Monday, the All-Star Game on Tuesday and two All-Star FanFest tickets at the Kansas City Convention Center for every one full season seat. There is no exception to this policy.

PREMIUM SEASON TICKET HOLDERS (SUITE HOLDERS, CROWN CLUB, DIAMOND CLUB AND DIAMOND CLUB BOX)
All Premium Season Ticket Holders will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase the same number of All-Star Game strips as seats on their account. Every effort will be made to provide Season Ticket Holders their exact season seat location, however, in the event that relocation is necessary, the Royals will secure the best available location for each Premium Season Ticket Holder. Premium customers with a Full Plan will have priority over Premium customers with a Half or 21-game plan.

All Premium Seat holders will have priority over Full Season, Half, 21-Game Ticket Holders and the general public.

FULL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
Full Season Ticket Holders will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase the same number of All-Star Game strips as seats on their account. Every effort will be made to provide Season Ticket Holders their exact season seat location, however, in the event that relocation is necessary, the Royals will secure the best available location. Full Season Ticket Holders will have priority over Half, 21-Game Ticket Holders and the general public.

HALF SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
Half Season Ticket Holders will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase the same number of All-Star Game strips as seats on their account. Every effort will be made to provide Season Ticket Holders their same season seat location and/or seating category, however, in the event that relocation is necessary, the Royals will secure the best available location. Half Season Ticket Holders will have priority over 21-Game Ticket Holders and the general public.

Based on the number of season seats sold and the available seating for the 2012 All-Star events, the Royals may limit the sales the 2012 All-Star events tickets for new Season Ticket Holders to Full Season Ticket Plans.

21-GAME SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
Following the allocation of Premium, Full and Half Season Ticket Holders, 21-Game Ticket Holders will be offered an opportunity to purchase All-Start Game strips. Due to limited inventory, 21-Game Ticket Holders are not guaranteed the opportunity to purchase tickets for the 2012 All-Star Events. Seat availability and location will be based on Account Longevity. 21-Game ticket holders will have priority over the general public. Click for complete details to Season Ticket Post-Season and All-Star policies »

For additional information or questions please contact our Ticket Service staff at (816) 504-4040 option 3 or ticketservices@royals.com.

blaise
06-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Okay, I know it's over a year away, but I'm looking forward to this. I plan on taking a week off from whatever the hell I'm doing and going to all the activities. Any recent word or knowledge about tickets, events, etc?

When they had it in Houston it seemed like the home run hitting contest was the more fan friendly event. Judging by the callers to the talk shows and stuff, that was where people seemed to have the most fun.

Coogs
06-06-2011, 07:29 PM
OK. If I am reading OTWP's post about ticket info correctly, it would be best to purchase a couple of 21 game season tickets this season, and then a couple of 21 game season tickets next year as well to have an opportunity for All-Star tickets. If you wait until next year to try this, you will be out of luck, as new season ticket holders in 2012 will not have anymore chance than general public will to purchase tickets.

So, for these rates...

21-Game Flex Pack*
With this ticket voucher program you have the ultimate freedom in selecting from all remaining Royals home games*. Use your vouchers at 21 different games or use all 21 vouchers at one game. The choice is yours!

Packages start at just $210
Choose from all remaining home games* including promotional nights and weekends!
Vouchers are redeemable at the box office in advance or on the day of the game
Section Price Per Game
(Per Seat) 21 Game Flex Pack Total
(Per Seat)
Field Box $34.00 $714.00
Field Plaza $27.00 $567.00
Loge Box $39.00 $819.00
Loge Outfield $37.00 $777.00
Outfield Box $26.00 $546.00
Rivals Outfield Box $25.00 $525.00
Hy-Vee Reserved Box $19.00 $399.00
Hy-Vee Infield $17.00 $357.00
Hy-Vee Box $14.00 $294.00
Hy-Vee View $10.00 $210.00

So for $420 this season, and roughly $420 next season, you should have 2012 All-Star tickets up in the cheap seats, correct?

And I am assuming StubHub will be very pricey if you try and go that route too!

OnTheWarpath15
06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
OK. If I am reading OTWP's post about ticket info correctly, it would be best to purchase a couple of 21 game season tickets this season, and then a couple of 21 game season tickets next year as well to have an opportunity for All-Star tickets. If you wait until next year to try this, you will be out of luck, as new season ticket holders in 2012 will not have anymore chance than general public will to purchase tickets.

So, for these rates...

21-Game Flex Pack*
With this ticket voucher program you have the ultimate freedom in selecting from all remaining Royals home games*. Use your vouchers at 21 different games or use all 21 vouchers at one game. The choice is yours!

Packages start at just $210
Choose from all remaining home games* including promotional nights and weekends!
Vouchers are redeemable at the box office in advance or on the day of the game
Section Price Per Game
(Per Seat) 21 Game Flex Pack Total
(Per Seat)
Field Box $34.00 $714.00
Field Plaza $27.00 $567.00
Loge Box $39.00 $819.00
Loge Outfield $37.00 $777.00
Outfield Box $26.00 $546.00
Rivals Outfield Box $25.00 $525.00
Hy-Vee Reserved Box $19.00 $399.00
Hy-Vee Infield $17.00 $357.00
Hy-Vee Box $14.00 $294.00
Hy-Vee View $10.00 $210.00

So for $420 this season, and roughly $420 next season, you should have 2012 All-Star tickets up in the cheap seats, correct?

And I am assuming StubHub will be very pricey if you try and go that route too!

No guarantees for 21-game buyers.

21-Game Ticket Holders are not guaranteed the opportunity to purchase tickets for the 2012 All-Star Events.

Coogs
06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
But then again, here is a site selling tickets for the 2011 game, and there are tickets available for all three events for as little as $350.

http://goodytickets.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1573497&event=MLB+All+Star+Package+(Includes+All+Star+Sunday%2c+HR+Derby%2c+and+MLB+All+Star+Game)

BigMeatballDave
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
So are out-of-towners Fucked?

Jonathan Mayo
06-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Mark my words: Bryce Harper will be in uniform that Tuesday.

06-07-2011, 05:27 AM
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Ryan LeFebvre has announced twice already during the game tonight that there will be an upcoming special announcment at The K by a special guest. But he cannot say what it is.

The suspense is killing me alreadyLMAO

vailpass
06-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Meh. The banners are up downtown Phoenix for this year's all star game. Whatever. It doesn't really move the needle all that much. Not like the Superbowl or the Phoenix Open.