PDA

View Full Version : Football Give me that Old Time Religion!

MOhillbilly
06-11-2010, 01:57 PM
List 3 of the nastiest sombiches youd want in your foxhole, who played in the NFL & retired PRE- 1980.

3-Hardy Brown - knock out artist a true 'bonecrusher'

2-Concrete Charlie - THIS F-N GAME IS OVER!!!

1-Deacon Jones - 200-300 sacks? you know youre ****in badass when they make rules to stop you.

seclark
06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
good choices.

i'll add conrad dobler.
sec

MOhillbilly
06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
One game, I knocked the crap out of Merlin Olsen. If you wanted to see it on instant replay, you had to go to the kitchen because I knocked him so far out of the TV frame. After the game, he says, "One of these days, someone's going to break Dobler's neck, and I'm not going to send any flowers." What happens? He gets the $500,000 FTD commercial, and I don't get shit. He goes to the Pro Bowl fourteen times. He's in the Hall of Fame. He's probably got more money than God. When he was doing Father Murphy on NBC, he had a graveyard scene. One of the tombs said: CONRAD DOBLER. GONE, BUT NOT FORGIVEN. It's been twenty years since I played him, and I'm still on his fucking mind. And I like that.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/what-ive-learned/ESQ1100-NOV_WIL#ixzz0qZwubotj

seclark
06-11-2010, 02:43 PM
One game, I knocked the crap out of Merlin Olsen. If you wanted to see it on instant replay, you had to go to the kitchen because I knocked him so far out of the TV frame. After the game, he says, "One of these days, someone's going to break Dobler's neck, and I'm not going to send any flowers." What happens? He gets the $500,000 FTD commercial, and I don't get shit. He goes to the Pro Bowl fourteen times. He's in the Hall of Fame. He's probably got more money than God. When he was doing Father Murphy on NBC, he had a graveyard scene. One of the tombs said: CONRAD DOBLER. GONE, BUT NOT FORGIVEN. It's been twenty years since I played him, and I'm still on his ****ing mind. And I like that.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/what-ive-learned/ESQ1100-NOV_WIL#ixzz0qZwubotj

:thumb:

RJ
06-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Mike Curtis.

Bill Saul (Linebacker - Steelers, Colts, Saints....cause I knew him personally and saw him fight and he really was a badass sumbitch).

Willie Roaf - cause size matters.

ChiTown
06-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm going KC Chiefs:

Willie Lanier

Buck Buchanan

and give me "The Hammer" Fred Williamson

MOhillbilly
06-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Maddog almost killed Roman Gabriel

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3593/3294540176_b89d8db40b.jpg
Animal Mother!

GoHuge
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Earl Campbell

Jim Brown (dude can deliver a line and looks really scary even for an old guy).

Butkus

cdcox
06-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I'll add Marion Motley and Chuck Bednarik as two old-timers worthy of consideration.

RJ
06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Mike Curtis and the well known tackling of the fan on the field.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdP2G7UtS9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdP2G7UtS9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Over-Head
06-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Jack Tatum, George Attkinson, and Ronnie Lott

My 3 killers :D

MOhillbilly
06-11-2010, 03:09 PM

blanda and otto would whoop all three of em.

DeepSouth
06-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Ronald Mandel "Ronnie" Lott (born May 8, 1959) is a former American football player who starred as a cornerback, free safety and strong safety in college football and the NFL. He is most well known for his hard hits on opposing players. Noted for his toughness (he once cut off a portion of his pinkie in order to return to a game) and a Pro Bowler at both cornerback and safety, Lott is widely considered one of the best defensive backs in NFL history

MOhillbilly
06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Ronald Mandel "Ronnie" Lott (born May 8, 1959) is a former American football player who starred as a cornerback, free safety and strong safety in college football and the NFL. He is most well known for his hard hits on opposing players. Noted for his toughness (he once cut off a portion of his pinkie in order to return to a game) and a Pro Bowler at both cornerback and safety, Lott is widely considered one of the best defensive backs in NFL history

Youngblood would eat a lott for breakfast.

Bwana
06-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Youngblood would eat a lott for breakfast.

Yep and Jack Youngblood would be in my top three. He was a mean son of a bitch.

stevieray
06-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Dick Butkis
Willie Lanier
E.J. Holub

or MO, Bwana and BD...among others.

RNR
06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Tatum a simply wicked hitter
Long willing to throw down on the field or in the parking lot
Alzado once said he feared no man and if him and King Kong went into an alley only one would come out, and it wouldn't be the f&cking monkey~

Sully
06-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Sam Huff
Chuck Bednarick
Jack Youngblood

Frankie
06-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Today's players are multi-millioner spoiled woosies compared to the old school ones. I don't care if they generally out-size the old guys. They are pretty soft in comparison.

Rain Man
06-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Honestly, Dan Marino should make this list. He was a dude who hated to lose.

Others that have been mentioned already and popped immediately into my mind are Lott, Lambert. Mike Curtis is a good choice, too. In NFL Network interviews, he looks like a murderer even today.

And I never saw him play, but Sherrill Headrick springs to mind as a wicked competitor. Ray Nitschke, too.

If we were taking a punter to go into our foxhole, it's Louis Aguiar all the way.

CosmicPal
06-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Today's players are multi-millioner spoiled woosies compared to the old school ones. I don't care if they generally out-size the old guys. They are pretty soft in comparison.

This.

Gadzooks
06-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Sam Huff
Chuck Bednarick
Jack Youngblood

Youngblood was a pussy. "My leg's broke in half but I'll play".:rolleyes: I call Bull shit.
Fuck him. He sucked with two good legs.

Gadzooks
06-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Otto!!!!! FTW

Fairplay
06-12-2010, 03:23 AM
In

Bwana
06-12-2010, 12:15 PM

I would agree to some degree, but the rule changes have a lot to do with it as well. They might as well just put a skirt on the CB's, will all the chages they have made.

Bwana
06-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Youngblood was a pussy. "My leg's broke in half but I'll play".:rolleyes: I call Bull shit.
**** him. He sucked with two good legs.

:spock:

ForeverChiefs58
06-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Brian Mcshay, I heard rivers parted when he ran threw it.

ForeverChiefs58
06-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Andre bad moon rison, because he will cut a bitch on a full moon!