PDA

View Full Version : Life Well it looks like we have a wedding to plan!

Gracie Dean
06-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Next June I will be an In-law :clap:

HE is a really nice guy, and they are very happy.

Dad isn't that thrilled that his baby girl will be getting married, but he too likes the kid.

Coach
06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Congrats.

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Here is the happy couple

Buck
06-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Hot.

The girl is good looking too.

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Grandma's think she is too young, but she will be almost 20 when the big day comes.

Bugeater
06-13-2010, 12:28 AM
I'd tell her no fucking way until he shaves that douchey beard thing.

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 12:36 AM
I'd tell her no ****ing way until he shaves that douchey beard thing.

He already did. For a job!

Valiant
06-13-2010, 01:08 AM
He is going to let her marry that soulless ginger??

Pushead2
06-13-2010, 02:14 AM
that guy looks like southern or mid-western trash...:eek:

milkman
06-13-2010, 06:20 AM
Grandma's think she is too young, but she will be almost 20 when the big day comes.

Wow!

Almost 20?

Why did she wait so long?

LaChapelle
06-13-2010, 06:23 AM
I wondered what happened to Billay

The Bad Guy
06-13-2010, 08:23 AM
20? Fucking 20? Good lord almighty.

I'm just amazed at anyone, in this day and age, who can get married before they are 25.

Gonzo
06-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Knocked up?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
06-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Hope everything goes smoothly.

Buuutttt....a year is a long time to kids and a lot can happen between now and next June.

Demonpenz
06-13-2010, 08:33 AM
all you need at the divorce is scissors and the dale earnhardt poster

|Zach|
06-13-2010, 08:39 AM
20 when the day comes?

Yeesh, all the best but. Wow, people change so drastically.

RNR
06-13-2010, 08:41 AM
It is good they are taking things slow. This is something many rush into and it is one on the most important decisions they will make in their life. Best of luck to them~

Hammock Parties
06-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Christ, 19?

Ridiculous.

|Zach|
06-13-2010, 08:45 AM
It is good they are taking things slow. This is something many rush into and it is one on the most important decisions they will make in their life. Best of luck to them~

What?

Gonzo
06-13-2010, 08:49 AM
What?

Huh?
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR
06-13-2010, 08:51 AM
What?

Taking things slow as in waiting a year to get married. I don't think I need to tell the parents that these kids are very young and should wait. Many kids just jump in and get married. At least they are giving it a year~

Fish
06-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Well I certainly thought I knew everything at that age. Got married at 20. It turned out to be the worst mistake of my life unfortunately... Ruined me financially. Prevented me from joining the Air Force Academy like I'd always dreamed of.

I hope they can find the happiness that eludes so many others at that age.

Otter
06-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Congrats!

But don't be afraid to tell them to slow down. College, if nothing else, is a hell of a buffer between teenager and real life.

luv
06-13-2010, 10:07 AM
I always think it's a shame for a girl to go straight from being with her parents to being with her husband. I always wanted to get married when I was young. Looking back, I'm glad I was able to live on my own, have to make it on my own financially, and know how to fend for myself. That's just me, though. If they're happy, and they think they'll stay that way, then best wishes and congrats.

Gonzo
06-13-2010, 10:18 AM
The biggest mistake they could make is to have kids early. Lumpy and I were together for 14 years and married for 9 before we started trying. I am convinced that it was a relationship saving decision to wait. If we had our son early on, we probably wouldn't have made it because of the financial stress children can often times bring to a family. We saved up and made sure we were stable.
Even though I am currently unemployed for the 1st time in over 12 years, we were smart enough to save up and have very little debt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 10:27 AM
The biggest mistake they could make is to have kids early. Lumpy and I were together for 14 years and married for 9 before we started trying. I am convinced that it was a relationship saving decision to wait. If we had our son early on, we probably wouldn't have made it because of the financial stress children can often times bring to a family. We saved up and made sure we were stable.
Even though I am currently unemployed for the 1st time in over 12 years, we were smart enough to save up and have very little debt.
Posted via Mobile Device

yea, they want to finish college first before any kids. I am okay with them getting married before they finish college. They have been dating almost a year. If he can deal with her moods, they he is a good guy.

The only thing bad is that he is a "Brown's Fan" UGG

Scorp
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Dude must have a giant cock!

bevischief
06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
I always think it's a shame for a girl to go straight from being with her parents to being with her husband. I always wanted to get married when I was young. Looking back, I'm glad I was able to live on my own, have to make it on my own financially, and know how to fend for myself. That's just me, though. If they're happy, and they think they'll stay that way, then best wishes and congrats.

This says it all.

Gonzo
06-13-2010, 11:34 AM

He's a farmer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Don't even want to think about that!

ClevelandBronco
06-13-2010, 11:55 AM
The only thing bad is that he is a "Brown's Fan" UGG

In marriage that's a good thing. It shows he has staying power through the tough times.

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 12:00 PM
In marriage that's a good thing. It shows he has staying power through the tough times.

He is from Ohio, so I can't fault him too much for being a Brown's fan...

He was very cautious when the Chiefs and Browns played in December. I told him it was okay to root for his team... hehe

He took her over spring break to meet his family in Ohio, they visited the HOF in Canton.

ClevelandBronco
06-13-2010, 12:09 PM
He is from Ohio, so I can't fault him too much for being a Brown's fan...

He was very cautious when the Chiefs and Browns played in December. I told him it was okay to root for his team...

I experienced a similar scene with the woman I eventually married. I brought her over to the house to meet my parents over dinner. After the meal the old man put in a movie and we all settled on the sofas.

The movie turned out to be "The Alamo" and my then-girlfriend had just immigrated (legally) from Mexico.

My mother was horrified and apologized to her for the selection of the film.

My wife-to-be said, "It's okay. We won that one."

Discuss Thrower
06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I experienced a similar scene with the woman I eventually married. I brought her over to the house to meet my parents over dinner. After the meal the old man put in a movie and we all settled on the sofas.

The movie turned out to be "The Alamo" and my then-girlfriend had just immigrated (legally) from Mexico.

Off topic, but a better one I've heard is when a father in law's family popped in a movie for use in their rather nice home theatre setup after dinner with a son-in-law's mother in attendance... FIL picked Pearl Harbor. The son-in-law's mother is Japanese.

ClevelandBronco
06-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Off topic, but a better one I've heard is when a father in law's family popped in a movie for use in their rather nice home theatre setup after dinner with a son-in-law's mother in attendance... FIL picked Pearl Harbor. The son-in-law's mother is Japanese.

Ah, family. :thumb:

RNR
06-13-2010, 12:19 PM

LMAO sounds like you have a witty one~

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Knocked up?
Posted via Mobile Device

No

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 05:18 PM

Luv, she has been on her own for a year now. Has finished her first year of college. Will have her associates degree before she marries and on her way to a nursing degree.

She has always been more mature than others her age. He is 3 years older than her and is almost done with college. He makes her very happy. He also makes her a better person.

He opens doors for her and pretty much thinks she walks on water...(she doesn't) and she is very moody at times ...just like her daddy...and he loves her anyway.

ChiTown
06-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Luv, she has been on her own for a year now. Has finished her first year of college. Will have her associates degree before she marries and on her way to a nursing degree.

She has always been more mature than others her age. He is 3 years older than her and is almost done with college. He makes her very happy. He also makes her a better person.

He opens doors for her and pretty much thinks she walks on water...(she doesn't) and she is very moody at times ...just like her daddy...and he loves her anyway.

Congrats to your family, Pam. May your daughter and Son-In-Law to be enjoy a lifetime of happiness.

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Congrats to your family, Pam. May your daughter and Son-In-Law to be enjoy a lifetime of happiness.

Thank you. I am very happy for her and think she has chosen well.

Iowanian
06-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, He's Amish, I guess he is probably at least a hard worker.

Pablo
06-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Well, He's Amish, I guess he is probably at least a hard worker.An Amish Ginger.

Gracie Dean
06-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, He's Amish, I guess he is probably at least a hard worker.

he is not amish HE is a southern baptist

Pablo
06-13-2010, 08:13 PM
he is not amish HE is a southern baptistSo he doesn't even know how to build a barn?

RNR
06-13-2010, 08:31 PM
What?
What? what? god you are a tool. I played nice but then thought screw that f&ck this chubby asshole~

KC native
06-13-2010, 09:23 PM
IMO 20 is too young but good luck to her and her future husband.

Pablo
06-13-2010, 09:25 PM
IMO 20 is too young but good luck to her and her future husband.

Well on the bright side if things go to absolute shit then she'll still be young enough and have enough of her looks left to grab a 2nd husband and start over and still be considered young.

luv
06-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Being "mature" for her age and having life experience are two completely different things. My views on life, and what I expected from it completely changed by the time I was 25.

Anyway, congrats. I see from another thread, you already have the grandchildren scheduled.

KC native
06-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Well on the bright side if things go to absolute shit then she'll still be young enough and have enough of her looks left to grab a 2nd husband and start over and still be considered young.

I shouldn't laugh but I did.

|Zach|
06-13-2010, 09:30 PM
What? what? god you are a tool. I played nice but then thought screw that f&ck this chubby asshole~

What are you talking about? I asked for clarification because on the surface the comment seemed kind of silly. Then you let hours pass and make this comment? ROFL

You are drinking aren't you.

El Jefe
06-14-2010, 10:50 AM
20? ****ing 20? Good lord almighty.

I'm just amazed at anyone, in this day and age, who can get married before they are 25.

My fiance will be almost twenty when we get married next year, I will be 24, I think both of us are ready at this point in time. I see no problem with younger marriages, I think it's a little different for me though because I will be 24 so I'm not really that young.

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Buuutttt....a year is a long time to kids and a lot can happen between now and next June.

This is very very true.

Gracie Dean
06-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Being "mature" for her age and having life experience are two completely different things. My views on life, and what I expected from it completely changed by the time I was 25.

Anyway, congrats. I see from another thread, you already have the grandchildren scheduled.

I am hoping they wait a few years. I don't want to be a grammy in my 40's

El Jefe
06-14-2010, 10:54 AM

Good post. I have thought the same thing, my fiance has never lived on her own, but she is as independent as she can get and still live at home. I do think though for a women to live on her own and depend on herself is almost invaluable to them. A lot of girls want to get married early just so they can have someone take care of them or gold dig. So many girls have no idea about the real world, finances, and budgeting, or anything along that line.

El Jefe
06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Lots of good thoughts in this thread. Not to beat a dead horse into the ground, but I have talked a lot with my fiance about this also. I think the only thing that could make our marriage "hard" would be if we were to have a child early on. I work for our family business that I will soon be a part owner in, and sometimes the money is good, and sometimes it is not. So I am going to school and very slowly whittling away at a degree, but a child would put a major major stress on me financially no doubt.