PDA

View Full Version : Football CP is stale today; here's some football news to discuss

ModSocks
06-15-2010, 02:13 PM
1. Redskins waived K Justin Medlock and OL Paul Fanaika.
Medlock was an outstanding college kicker at UCLA and has the requisite skill set to be effective in the pros, but he's always seemed to be short on confidence. Graham Gano now appears to be poised to start for Washington.

2.Updating a previous item, restricted free agent LG Logan Mankins requested Monday that the Patriots trade him.
"I don't need to be here anymore," said Mankins, one of the NFL's top guards. "This is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people." It sounds like the sides have had no substantive talks about a long-term deal, perhaps because the Pats don't believe in investing high-dollar contracts on offensive guards. Despite previous suggestions otherwise, Mankins does not plan to sign his tender and vows to skip training camp.

3. Chargers unsigned restricted free agents Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill have reportedly made "financial preparations" in advance of executing lengthy holdouts that could last through Week 10 of the regular season.
Updating a previous item, the players' one-year tenders have not yet been formally reduced, leaving a "slight chance" that Jackson and McNeill could still sign at some point Tuesday. Should V-Jax fail to report until after Week 10, he'd stand to lose a whopping $3.062 million. The same course of action by McNeill would cost the four-year starting left tackle $2.956 million.

4. A day after assuring that he's not "mad" at the Titans organization, Chris Johnson took to his Twitter account to express frustration with his contract situation.
"Just got off the phone with my agent, and it's not good news," wrote Johnson. "I'm feeling like Darrelle Revis right now. At least they're offering him something. [The Titans are] not offering me nothing." The primary issue here is that CJ2K has three years left on his contract, and the Titans are leery of setting a precedent that other players will use against them. There's no telling how this will play out until training camp starts.

5. Darrelle Revis sat out several drills at Jets minicamp Monday in protest of his contract situation, and told reporters after the workout that he is serious about a training camp holdout.
Revis also reiterated that he wants a contract larger than Nnamdi Asomugha's three-year, $45.3 million blockbuster. "That's the bar," Revis said. New York's shutdown cornerback called the Jets' recent contract offer, which included no fully guaranteed money, "an insult." "I might be at training camp, I might not," Revis added. "As of right now, it doesn't look good." Jun. 14 - 12:16 pm et

It should be interesting how the the Jets, Pats and Chargers handle these situations. I heard that Reavis wants more than 16 Mill per year, which is insane. He had one outstanding season and now he's worth over 16 mill a year? Gimme a break dude.

The Franchise
06-15-2010, 02:17 PM
1. LMAO Medlock is horrible.

2. He was offered a contract that would have made him one of the top 5 paid OGs in the league. He's a dumbass.

3. Morons....but whatever helps us win.

4. I can understand both sides. I wouldn't want to pay a RB top money....the shit never turns out good. But I can understand CJ. Dude just tore it up for over 2000 yards.....I'd want more than $600k as well.

5. Whatever....I could give two shits about Revis.

InChiefsHeaven
06-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Medlock. Heheheh...

Darrelle Revis. Probably asking too much. It's like a person who does the For Sale By Owner on their house...they always think it's worth more than the rest of the world does...

Iowanian
06-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm waiting for the players who under-perform their contracts to approach teams about a contract reduction, in line with their on field performance.

ModSocks
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
1. LMAO Medlock is horrible.

2. He was offered a contract that would have made him one of the top 5 paid OGs in the league. He's a dumbass.

3. Morons....but whatever helps us win.

4. I can understand both sides. I wouldn't want to pay a RB top money....the shit never turns out good. But I can understand CJ. Dude just tore it up for over 2000 yards.....I'd want more than $600k as well.

5. Whatever....I could give two shits about Revis.

Pretty fucking much. It seems like all these guys wanna be the highest paid as soon as their contract is up. They're getting way out of hand. especially Revis. He had one good year....

DBOSHO
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
LMAO Bowe posted a picture on his facebook and with it he said "finish this sentence 'i wanna ____ you'"

and someone said import lol

ModSocks
06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
LMAO Bowe posted a picture on his facebook and with it he said "finish this sentence 'i wanna ____ you'"

and someone said import lol

Link?

DBOSHO
06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Link?

I saw it on facebook for iphone. Just look at his facebook

Rain Man
06-15-2010, 05:29 PM
golden geese are officially an endangered species in the nfl. players are shooting them en masse from the backs of trains like they're buffalo.
Posted via Mobile Device