PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders next target: Albert Haynesworth

Ugly Duck
06-15-2010, 08:48 PM
They figure Haynesworth wouldn't mind letting Henderson play NT while he & Seymore bookend:

Haynesworth to skip mandatory minicamp, wants trade

Posted by Evan Silva on June 15, 2010 8:44 PM ET

Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been a no-show for nearly all offseason workouts, but not until now has his absence been truly consequential.

With Washington beginning its June mandatory minicamp on Wednesday, Haynesworth's agent has announced that his client will not be in attendance.

"The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago -- regardless of the money," agent Chad Speck told the Washington Post. "He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

"This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates," added Speck. "I am certain Mike Shanahan and Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year and it's probably in everyone's best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert."

The team will reserve comment until minicamp begins Wednesday. Haynesworth has long been unhappy with the Redskins' switch to a 3-4 defense, which would require him to tie up blockers as opposed to blow past them. His absence from a mandatory offseason camp, for which Haynesworth risks fines, may indicate that the Pro Bowl defensive tackle is also willing to sit out training camp.

According to the Post's Jason Reid, the Redskins "have had talks with clubs interested in acquiring Haynesworth," despite the team's claims to the contrary. It's unclear if those talks have continued since April's NFL Draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/15/haynesworth-to-skip-mandatory-minicamp-wants-trade/?related=1

Bane
06-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Bwaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Raiders have done well in the offseason. This isn't a move I'd agree with.

Over-Head
06-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Ok, I know we'd love to have the guy, but here's my question (sort of a question I guess, perhaps a bit of a rant)

We take bitchie millionaire Pro football player , who signes for a gazillion more $$$$ than you, me, or 75% of anyone who ever reads this post, discovers that after depositing MOST of said "gazillion $$$, he don't like thinga anymore,
so he says "Fug you!! I ain't showing up!" least ways till you show me the door, or more bling!"

I thought MANDITORY ment you kinda had to be there, sort of like seatbelts, posted speed, red lights, stop signs etc. etc.

How is it these goons can just not show up, and have their agents say "He's chosesn to sit out"
How come the clubs are NOT tossing a fine of say $50,000.00 per day OR MORE at these assholes????

I mean if they can just chose not to show up at MANDITORY TRAINING CAMP, which i'm sure was explaned to them PRIOR to joining ANY team they go to for said Gazillion $$$, what would stop them from saying,

"Gee ya know i'd love to play sunday,and well we are a playoff contender and all BUT the wifes got this bridge game, the kids have a play date, and well my lawn hasen't been mowed in weeks, sorry boy's think i'll sit this one out too."
I just don't get it :shake:

RealSNR
06-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Haynesworth and Henderson on the same team.

Meanwhile, Ryan Sims is hooking up with Wendell Bryant to head on over to Wendy's

Ugly Duck
06-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Thing is... once a player gets a gazillion guaranteed (not tied to any performance thingies) he can do whatever the fug he wants (see Jamarcus Russell). Oh sure... he might miss out on some millions in salary, but the guaranteed gazillion is in the bank:

Albert Haynesworth proves his worthlessness
Posted by Mike Florio on June 15, 2010 10:00 PM ET

We've criticized defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth the person many times since he decided to try to shred the skin off Andre Gurode's forehead like so much cheddar cheese. Haynesworth simply is not a good person, in our opinion, and he reminds us of that from time to time.

Most recently, his decision not to report for a mandatory minicamp barely 15 months after the Redskins gave him a contract with $41 million guaranteed and barely two months after they cut him a check for $20 million demonstrates conclusively that, yes, the man is a turd.

This isn't about trying to get a newer, bigger contract. Haynesworth got one of the biggest contracts ever given to a defensive player, and now he doesn't want to earn the money he already has received.

And the Redskins can't claim they didn't know what they were getting. After his 2006 incident with Gurode, which resulted in a five-game suspension, Haynesworth tried too damn hard to convince people that he had changed. Then, he put the pedal to the metal in 2007 and 2008 through a contract year and a franchise-tag seasons, playing like a madman in the hopes of scoring a huge contract as a free agent.

Now, Haynesworth has decided that he wants to join a new team, after cramming more than $30 million of Daniel Snyder's money into his pockets. Hopefully, no one will offer the Redskins so much as a conditional seventh-rounder for the guy. And anyone who does deserves what they get.

Even more hopefully, the Redskins will hold Haynesworth's feet to the fire, fining him and suspending him and doing everything within their power to force him to behave. Though they'll ultimately be unable to collect many of the millions they've given him, they need to make a point to current and future players in the hopes of saving millions more down the road.

For now, the Redskins can fine him roughly $10,000 for skipping the minicamp. If he stays out when training camp rolls around, the number increases to more than $16,000 per day.

They also likely will be able to pursue a portion of his signing bonus. But since he received only $5 million in a traditional signing bonus, what he'd have to repay pales in comparison to what he's already received. (We're in the process of confirming that the signing bonus repayment obligation applies not only to training-camp holdouts but also where the player skips a mandatory minicamp.)

All that said, it's impossible for us to feel too badly for the Redskins, given that they apparently tampered with Haynesworth before he officially became a free agent -- and because anyone with an ounce of common sense knew or should have known that Haynesworth is a sack of headaches waiting to happen.

rtmike
06-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Well shit, I didn't know Henderson ended up out west. I hope the Jaguars were right in their assessment of him?

Quesadilla Joe
06-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Shanarat is destroying that team. Way to trade away the franchise QB and tick off the best DT in the game. Best offseason EVAR!/ CP if Shanahan was still coaching the Broncos

Mojo Jojo
06-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Ok, I know we'd love to have the guy, but here's my question (sort of a question I guess, perhaps a bit of a rant)

We take bitchie millionaire Pro football player , who signes for a gazillion more $$$$ than you, me, or 75% of anyone who ever reads this post, discovers that after depositing MOST of said "gazillion $$$, he don't like thinga anymore,
so he says "Fug you!! I ain't showing up!" least ways till you show me the door, or more bling!"

I thought MANDITORY ment you kinda had to be there, sort of like seatbelts, posted speed, red lights, stop signs etc. etc.

How is it these goons can just not show up, and have their agents say "He's chosesn to sit out"
How come the clubs are NOT tossing a fine of say $50,000.00 per day OR MORE at these assholes????

I mean if they can just chose not to show up at MANDITORY TRAINING CAMP, which i'm sure was explaned to them PRIOR to joining ANY team they go to for said Gazillion $$$, what would stop them from saying,

"Gee ya know i'd love to play sunday,and well we are a playoff contender and all BUT the wifes got this bridge game, the kids have a play date, and well my lawn hasen't been mowed in weeks, sorry boy's think i'll sit this one out too."
I just don't get it :shake:

Tony Gonzalez kept coming up with reasons why he didn't or couldn't come to Chiefs mandatory training. It is what players who believe in themselves and not the team do.

salame
06-16-2010, 01:45 AM
They are one of the only teams who can afford him. And they would be BAD ASS with him.

Man I hope you didn't jinx us

Ugly Duck
06-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Shanarat is destroying that team. Way to trade away the franchise QB

Why does that sound familiar?